Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Posts: 194
    Usually a "new model" is one in which the chassis/body/styling are significantly changed. In this case it's just a few minor changes that have already been available in other markets.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    First off, I don't think anybody can "encourage" any moderator here. And I tell you, definitely NOT me :)

And again, just because you saw "2009", it doesn't mean it's the 2009 Outlander. Here is a screencap of the link if you click the "2009" in your picture:

Now, it doesn't say anything about a 2009 Outlander, does it? It's the link to the 2009 Recruiting Information page! :D
  • chelentanochelentano Posts: 634
    Available exclusively for the Japanese market, the Outlander “Roadest” is a special edition version of Mitsubishi’s SUV that stands out from the standard model thanks to a new full bodykit that includes a new front grille and chromed mirror caps along with a set of 7-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels. Inside the “Roadest” is equipped with dark colored sport cloth seats and decorative aluminum trim. Buyers can choose between three different body colors, white, black and grey. The Outlander “Roadest” is available for sale in Japan

http://www.mippin.com/mip/prev/story.jsp?&id=7567&c=-1&s=8&pv=0&sid=10409699&cat- =Motors&check=1&z=1@1214198701906569

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/outlander/grade/gra_06.html

• xcellxcell Posts: 14
    From my dealer today:

I do not have ALL the details, but here are some. These NEW features available for the 2009 XLS. Will be availble for delivery October 2008

* Back Up Camera < tied into the Navi unit
    * Rain Sensor (wipers)
    * New type of Screen for the Nav unit that helps the glare issue
    * Chrome trim for front grill
    * Chrome trim look for the interior cabin

Pricing and ordering will be availble next week. If I get more information I will post it here.
    Backup camera is already available as dealer installed option. Are you saying it will be part of the package?
  • xcellxcell Posts: 14
    Yes, it will an option like the Sun And Sound, Luxury Package, etc. I have not heard the name of the package with the rear camera, but it will inclube other items as well.

I think the details (pricing, optional packages) will be out this week 7/14.
    it will probably be part of Navi package
  • Just to add to xcells post, the LS trim will be discontinued for 2009, there will be ES, SE, and XLS (XLS will be the only trim with a 6 cylinder engine, rest will use the 2.4l). Backup camera will be added to navigation system package. Also, ES/SE will be available in 5 or 7 seat configurations (basically all trims will be available with 3 rows). Supposed ship date is late September. Also, to those of you looking for Mitsubishi incentives and rebates, don't count on it especially on Japanese made models. Mitsubishi just discontinued the Graduation Rebate ($500) and it's plan is to cut back on all the other incentives as they basically are trying to get the resale value of Mitsubishi to go up (leasing purposes).
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 393
    Glad I bought my LS when I did. Didn't want the low profile rims, nor 3rd row seat and other base $ of an XLS, but needed the towing power of the 6 while still having the Sun and Sound package. Hopefully this lasts me the usual several years and we'll look again at their offerings.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 895
    I'm glad I got the LS with S+S myself. I think the V6 six-speed auto is a great powertrain, always enough power and my mileage seems to get better as the miles add up.
  • ken4nyken4ny Posts: 40
    Very happy with my fully loaded XLS. Wouldn't want any less.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    That's the 06 Outlander Concept. Showcased at the 06 Paris Motor Show, prior to the Outlander's debut in the UK.

Read the article: http://paxtech.blogspot.com/2006/09/mitsubishi-outlander-concept-and-2007.html
  • I am looking for a 2008 Outlander XLS, 4WD with Luxury, Sound & Sun, and Navigation packages. It&#146;s a hard find in Southern California as Mitsubishi has cut back production and 2009s are coming out any day. I understand that the only discernable difference between the 2008 and 2009 is the option of the rear view camera as part of the navigation package. I can get a used 2008 Outie XLS 4WD with around 9K miles on it with the aforementioned packages for about $21K. Do you folks think that&#146;s a good deal, or shall I wait for the 2009? The market for auto sales is pretty depressed, especially for less known brands like Mitsubishi. I can pay cash for the car. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • I think if you're going to keep the car for 100,000 miles, it will be a great deal as long as the car has been well taken care of.. I have a 2007 xls 4wd V6 with 25,000 on the ticker and I've had no problems. I plan on keeeping it for 5 years and over 100k....
  • Thanks for the feedback, Solowalker. I agree. Mitsubishis are great cars with a great tradition which is little known in North America. Their SUVs are sought after in many parts of the world for their reliability and ability to drive through almost any conditions mother nature can conjure up. I have a 2001 Montero with 120K miles which has never been in the shop except for routine maintenance. It has safely driven my family and I through snow blizzards, flashfloods and 130 degree desert heat. It still drives like a new car. I'd still take it on a road trip through the Rockys during the winter over a brand new Range Rover which could break down on you any moment. It's a shame Monteros are not sold in North America anymore. I only hope that Outlanders continue the tradition.

p.s. Outlander is one of the few SUVs recommended by the Consumer Report.
  • psychogunpsychogun Posts: 123
    While you can't buy the newest Montero in the U.S. or Canada, you can buy it in Mexico (not to mention that our friends south of the border also get the Grandis MPV).
  • joxongjoxong Posts: 3
    Hei Cyrus,
    What a coincidence.. I'm looking for the exact car as well.. I'm about to give up on the 4WD and thinking of just getting 2WD instead w/ all the package. A used 2008 Outie XLS 4WD w/ 9K miles for $21K sounds like a pretty good deal considering the MSRP is almost $31K. Is that out the door price or plus TTL?
  • Hi joxong,

After I went to the dealership and saw the car, I changed my mind. The car had multiple scratches and little dings on the exterior, and the interior in the cargo area was all scratched up. It was a corporate car, and clearly was not taken care of. If they had a 2009 or a clean 2008 I would have bought it on the spot. They had a few 2WD XLS Outies, but I definitely wanted the 4WD. I happened to test drive a Subaru Forester and bought one. It's a great car. I am still keeping my Montero though.
  • joxongjoxong Posts: 3
    Hi cyrus,

Thanks for the reply. I think I saw that same car that you saw, and was definitely turned off by it. The front bumper was coming out a little bit already. Some other dealer say they can still get a fully loaded 2008 4WD, so I'm holding out on that.
    Just like you, I really want a 4WD for my next car as well. I'm looking at the 2008 Forrester as well for backup, but I'm really liking the Outlander and can't seem to let go yet. I really like the split tailgate & Xenon. No other CUV seems to have that option.
  • Hey joxong,

Mitsubishi makes great cars, but somehow their customer service and marketing in North America, to put it bluntly, sucks! Right now they are losing potential customers like you and I because they are not maintaining adequate supply of their popular models. The dealer I went to in Orange County said he checked all the dealers in California and could not find a fully loaded 2008 XLS 4WD. Most car manufacturers already have their 2009 models out, but you still cannot find a 2009 Outlander in the showrooms?!! There are lots of discussion boards comparing and contrasting the Forester and Outlander. Both are excellent choices, but I think you get better bang for your buck with the Outlander. Hopefully, you&#146;ll find one soon. I just didn&#146;t want to wait so I went with the Forester.
  • My boat comes in at around 3000# and am looking for a smaller suv that can tow it periodically on shorter, +one hour trips (Dad has Chevy turbo-diesel for longer trips). Is anyone towing anything around this weight with the Outlander ? How is it? Thanks!
    Best I can tell you is my '07 LS V6 tows my sled trailer just fine (1800 to 2000 lbs at the very most). I think 3000 lbs would be OK. I did notice that gas mileage when towing was only a little bit better than my old Dakota V8 (11-13 mpg depending on headwinds, etc) whereas the non towing mpg doubles in the Outlander while the Dakota only rose a little when not towing. This is fine with me (I don't pay the price of having to have a big tow vehicle all the time for my winter sled towing needs). I would say you'll definitely need trailer brakes when towing that much (weight being towed approaching the weight of the tow vehicle)
  • Thanks. Trailer does have brakes.
  • Does anyone know as to when the 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander came out??
    like what month...
  • mandertonmanderton Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am going to buy a boat and i need something to tow it with that is reliable and has good gas mileage, the boat would weigh around 2000 lbs. So i was wondering if anyone would know how it would do taking a 2000 lb boat in and out of the water on a muddy ramp. Also how good would you say it is off road, such as going up the muddy bumpy mountain trail in snow/rain mix for fishing.

Thank you
    I don't tow a boat but bought a 2007 Outlander LS because I tow a snowmobile trailer in the winter. It does a great job towing something over 1600 lbs (rated 3500). The only thing I notice is gas mileage drops way down, but whereas my previousV8 Dakota would go from maybe 14 tops not towing to around 11 mpg towing, the Outlander goes from 28 tops not towing to about 13 when towing and does quite well accelerating. It's tons easier to maneuver than the Dakota was and I haven't gotten stuck yet towing up hills in snow. (the 4WD "lock" position is not like the real lock on the Dakota, but the power proportioning split works well enough.) One thing I want to do is get better tires than the stock Yoko's that came with my LS, as that is part of the total traction picture. The stock Yokos weren't nothing to talk about to begin with, but they are wearing down so that this winter they won't be very good at all.
This discussion has been closed.