Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Infiniti M35/M45

Comments

• walt18walt18 Posts: 54
    Someone from Infiniti consumer affairs told me that they should be on the lots in late october or early november because they maybe doing some changes to the car being that it is coming out later than what it did last year.
    I just finish reading about the new 2009 infiniti G37, and it is going to be faster than the M45 if they don't add some more HP. The 09 G will have a 3.7L 328HP engine with a 7 Speed auto with sport mode. Now if the M45 stays the same it will only put out the same 325HP and 5 speed auto, which is only a 3HP difference but would make the G the top dog because of weight purposes, and it would kill the M45 in a 1/4 mile run and maybe top speed too.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    The 335i sedan is probably just as quick as the 550i, or quicker, 0-60. But a V8 is a V8. I like the 335i sedan a lot, but I like a V8 more.
    Yeah I love a V-8 too, a V-6 just won't cut it for me.
    Same here. I really, really wanted a 335i sedan, but I'm so easily seduced by the snarl of a V8. Almost any V8. Ooooh, the noises the 4.1L VW V8 makes! :blush:
    I hear ya! Bu that M45 4.5L is a killer sound to which I can't resist. :)
    Yeah, that one definitely sounds good, too. My 550i Sport doesn't sound as agressive as I'd like, but it's still better than a 6 cylinder. ;)
    Is it fast? My cousin has a 95 M3 which is pretty fast.
    Yup, it's fast. ;)
  • ocimocim Posts: 45
    Does anyone know of any engine upgrades to the 2009 M35X.
    The major change for 2009 Infiniti M comes for the M35 and M35x with the replacement of the previous 275-hp V6 with the 303-hp 3.5-liter V6 that was introduced in the second-generation G35 sedan. A new seven-speed automatic transmission and Drive Sport mode is available, along with auto speed-sensing door locks and Scratch Shield paint (self-healing clearcoat paint finish).
    The M35x keeps the five speed automatic transmission and the M35 gets the new seven speed transmission. There are no changes for the M45 and M45x for 2009.
    will the new 303 hp engine in the M35X be mated to the same 5 speed transmission with same gear ratios. In other words will the car rev just as high at say 70 MPH as does the current 2008 model. High revs in top gear is the only problem I have with this car.
    Good question, I don't think they changed the gearing. More than likely they just changed the heads, cam, etc. on the car and air flow to make it faster but I doubt they touched the gears. I wish they were made like the camaro's and trans am from 86-89 with TPI throttle body. I could set my transmission gear for higher revs at 70 MPH or lower revs. Does anyone have a M35/M45 with the premium package with the recline rear seats, if so how are they and are they worth the money. I was watching this thing on youtube.com about the 2009 infiniti model lineup if you can go and watch it. You will find out everything you want to know about all there cars. If that FX50 wasn't so john brown ugly I would buy it, I was watching some video's on youtube where this guy was showing everyone how fast it can move and man!!! She will haul tail.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    Unless you are buying a collector car, you really get nothing back for "extra" accessories. Most infiniti used car buyers want the typical packages (nav and maybe some care about the adv tech package)....I doubt that you will ever find any buyer who cares or is willing to pay more for the premium package. If you trade the car in, the premium package won't make a bit of difference on what the dealer gives you.
    Ok, I was wondering because I have only seen one M with the premium package and the recline rear seats. I wanted to buy one like that to get rear air cond. for my daughter. I have 3 ruptured disc and being that I travel a lot for church ministry sometimes I may want to sit in the back and watch a movie and kick back in the seat and let my wife or mother drive when we all ride together.
  • what is the function of the monitor (looks like a camera) located on the inside front windshield.
  • It is for lane departure warning.
  • Any1 know when the 2009 Infiniti M's arrive to the dealership - showrooms? Were there any add-ons or take-offs for 2009 model? And have anyone receive great mark-off price from 2009 or year-end 2008 clearence model?

Thx.
    VeraGen
    They come out 2 days before christmas or 2 days after. I went to the infiniti 2009 infiniti model lineup on youtube and they were talking about them then. The only difference is that they add a scratch protective coat to the paint that makes it heal itself at a certain temperature. They also added the automatic door locking system to lock the doors when you take off driving. They didn't change nothing on the M35x/M45/M45x as far as motor or transmission go. The M35 got the new motor and 7 speed transmission. All the other options stay the same like tech and advan tech, and premium package. The price went up on the M's about 2k from start MSRP of 43K for M35 base to 45K and 47k for the M35x. M45 to 52k for base to 54K for M45X. Hope this helps you.
    I believe both the M35 and M35X got the new engine (303 HP), but only the M35 got the 7 speed transmission.