Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Coupe Wheel Vibration

Comments

• I am having the same problem as many others with my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan. My car shakes and shimmys from 50-70 mph. It was horrible when it was a cooler temp outside yesterday. I wrote my dealers service manager and the GM after the service lady was rude with me for calling back to complain that road force testing it did not solve the problem. She said she did not think there would be anything they could do. So after I emailed them they are taking my car today to look at it. They said they are aware of the complaint going around and they want to try all they can to resolve the issue. So we will see.

Reading all these posts make me think this will not be something they can correct. Next question is then what do I do? Has anyone been successful returning their Accord? I wonder also if it is not every single Accord doing this if I can just trade mine. This is such a pain to deal with. It is very disappointing to spend so much and be in the dealership over and over with a new car.
  • I have contacted the NHTSA about the shimmy in my 2012 Honda Accord V-6. I have taken my car to the dealership where they have performed all of the services that all of you speak about that you have had performed. However, after contacting the NHTSA, I was told by them that they only have 3 complaints regarding this vehicle. I was also told that in order to initiate a recall they would need more complaints. There are 150 of you on this board with this problem. Please contact the NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 if you have not done so.
  • Thanks to the aid of my local Ford Dealership, I am longer the owner of this problematic vehicle. My sincere best wishes and support to all of you who continue to courageously fight this difficult battle.
  • Hello,
    I was just wondering, how long it took for settlement? I am in process with attorneys and have filed suit. I have also filed with Better Business, NHTSA, and a local news channel. I hate driving this car! I do not feel safe at all!
  • Hello,
    I have the same issues with my 2012 Accord. I have filed with the NHTSA, BBB and local news station. Recently seeking Lemon Law with an attorney. I am hopeful that Honda Mfg. takes the car back! I hate driving it. Avoid thw highway as much as posssible. The shaking is horrible! Dealer unable to fix. I have been told the same thing by MFG. I guess they are waiting for someone to get seriously injured or even killed before they do anything. It's a shame, that Honda is not standing by what they are selling.
  • srae1001srae1001 Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    PLEASE ALL STAY ON THE DEALERSHIP AND MAKE SURE THEY FILE A COMPLAINT!! WE NEED MORE COMPLAINTS FOR A RECALL!!!

I went back to Honda and they kept my car for 5 days (gave me a rental). They balanced and replaced the tires to no benefit. They then test drove other cars, and after seeing that many other vehicles on the lot had the same issue they filed a complaint with corporate and put my original tires back on. I have my car back and they have have filed the complaint with Honda Corporate about a few other cars that came in after mine in those 5 days as well. They told me they do not think it will take long for a recall. I hope this is true because I HATE driving this car. They have ensured me that they do not think it is a safety concern. I am mad but I guess if a recall does not come out soon I will seek to go after them using the lemon law. My sales lady went on and on about how I am covered under the lemon law when I showed up to return my rental and take my car back. My car shakes, vibrates shimmies whatever you want to call that that makes my teeth rattle on back roads and highways.

I took these comments from this site to my dealership when I took the car back the second time telling them what I have read and I am not playing around. My service receipt states that Honda Corp is investigating.
  • Oh man, this thing is getting way out-of-hand IMHO. While I would like to see Honda do a recall on the Accords for all those owners suffering out there, there's not much sense in recalling something if there's no fix for the problem. AFAIK, Honda hasn't been able to fix any of the "vibrators" yet, so I'm at a loss as to what a recall would do. Thank God we dumped our vibrator last December. I wish all of you good luck in finding a resolution.
  • I agree. My family and I are so relieved to be rid of our vibrator. No more frustration, no more wasted time, no more fruitless efforts and no more safety concerns or fears.
  • Warren Webster, Miami, FL
    Hey Everyone,
    I've been looking for answer to the same issue everyone is having. At first I thought it was a tire balancing issue and had Pep Boys re-balance as well as re-align the car countless times. Then Pep Boys thought it might be the axles. I took it to my mechanic who told me there was nothing wrong with the axles and advised me to take it to Honda. Honda looked at it and said there were some stuff that needed to be tightened, but that they dont see anything wrong. A clinet of mine that is a wheel and tir placed was able to help me find this forum. This is so frustrating, especially since I use my car for work to meet with clients. I would like any help that you guys could give me.
  • srae1001srae1001 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Please make sure you post your complaint to the NHTSA website. I took mine to Honda and they have filed a complaint with Corporate and they keep calling to update me. They called yesterday from the dealership saying Honda is close to coming up with a solution. They are waiting on Honda Corp to come up with a recall or solution.

Initially I took them these posts and complaints telling them that everyone has had tires balanced and even replaced but the problem was not corrected. Once they experienced the same thing and gave me a rental for a week they realized it could not be fixed and filed it with Corporate. They then told me that a few other people came in with the same problem and they found some in the lot that did the same. If nothing happens I guess I will have to go after the lemon law protection but for now at least they are admitting its a problem. Don't give up. I see many people saying that when they go to the dealer they are being told it is simply a characteristic of Honda cars. Not true! I am glad my dealership is being nice.
  • lorna3lorna3 Posts: 11
    Hello...I have had my 2012 Honda Accord in the shop numerous times. Same issue for me ( constant shimmy ) at 65 mph. Now, it is wobbling with certain road conditions. I have filed with the NTSHA, and am now working with a local attorney ( lemon law ). It is very frustrating. Honda MFG has done nothing. The dealer can only do what they tell them. I do not feel safe driving this car, I avoid the highway as much as possible. I am hoping with enough complaints the MFG will recall all these vheicles. I want them to take the car back, and refund all the money I have spent over the past year...and I am only leasing the vehicle!
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 974
    Here's a link to the file a report with the NHTSA:

File a Safety Complaint

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Have owned the 2012 accord sedan exl for 1 month. It has been in for service for vibration 3 times already. They replaced all 4 tires, and rebalanced them using some special equipment that another dealership had. It helped the give the car a smoother drive as far as feeling the bumps, but I still feel the vibration at times in the steering wheel, the seat, and the accelerator, especially at 65mph. It also drifts to the left at times. There is an arbitration process with Honda that I'm going to pursue. I want my money back and to start all over, not with a Honda though!
  • Can you tell me what the arbitration process is or where I can find out about it?
    Good morning,
    I am seeking advice from a local Lemon Law Attorney, and he advised me to file complaint with the Better Business Bureau ( Auto Line ). The attorney has my file as well.
    I have filled out all the necessary paperwork, along with complaint with NHTSA. I am hopefull that Honda takes my car back, and refunds all I have spent so far. I have the exact issues as you. If unable to settle through BBB, then I will procede with the next step. Take action against Honda. I am in this for the long haul. It has been since April 2012, not giving up yet!
    Best wishes to you.
  • I called the NHTSA and according to them, they only have 11 complaints about this shimmy. I can hardly believe this is true but if so, everyone needs to keep calling and writing. Don't know if it will ever do any good but we have to keep trying.
  • Hi guys/girls,
    I have the exact same issue with my Honda Accord Coupe 2011 (hfp)...I live in Canada, and I use the car a LOT...no choice, I live far from work, and so far, in a year and a half, I went through 45000 frustrating KMs...

I had the tires balanced at least 5 times (I paid for it...), the dealer does not accept this as an issue...for them, it has to be a tire issue...they refuse to put new tires on my car, and I am not sure if it is worth it to buy new tires...'cause from what I read here, it won't change a thing...

I wanted to know if you guys had any updates on Honda and what they plan to do with this issue (or if they plan to do anything at all...)...

This is my first Honda...so I went out big and got the most expensive one...but honestly...for that price, this is garbage...this is the first and last time I (or anybody I know) buy a Honda.

I want to trade it in, but I will lose a lot of money (I bought it - Financing)...
    This is really frustrating...I do not enjoy driving anymore, and I don't know what to do with this car anymore...I just want to burn it and dump it somewhere...

No more [non-permissible content removed] cars!! (but I must admit the Camry is pretty attractive - and insanely SMOOTH!!! Not like this garbage they call a car...)
    Hello,
    Have you tried filing a report with the BBB AutoLine? It is a long process, I started last summer....still going on. But have alot of faith, and hopefully it will turn out well for our family. I will never purchase another Honda, it's really too bad they used to be great cars. Best of luck!
  • My Accord's vibration problem started after buying new tires/ Goodyear Assurance. The old Dunlop 7000s never had a problem. Tire Rack advised me to take the car to a tire store with a Hunter GSP machine for a "Road Force Balance." Has anyone tried this? Thanks.
  • My car has had numerous alignments and HRF balances with no change. The only thing that has helped was to add two to three more psi in each tire. Somewhere I read that this issue is caused by a thermal breakdown of the ball joints. I say this because MOOG parts has a problem solver ball joint listed for the accord on their website.