Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

maxima electrical problem

maxownermaxowner Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Nissan
DEALERSHIP TELLS ME MY 1995 MAXIMA NEEDS A SPINAL
CORD TRANSPLANT...(NEW WIRING HARNESS)..$2054.

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A SIMILAR PROBLEM???
NISSAN WILL NOT HELP WITH THE COST OF REPAIR.
75K ON THE CAR.

HAD THE CAR SINCE NEW....NEVER A PROBLEM UNTIL
NOW.
BLOWN AWAY IN INDY.
·

Comments

• don434don434 Posts: 43
    I saw a drunken jerk offer to sell a gentleman a battery from the back of a pickup. The driver had battery trouble previously and thought that the drunks offer may be a good idea. As the drunk tried to force the last battery cable in place on his replacement battery a hell of a arc took place. Several times this occurred. I tried to warn him that it looked like he had his battery in backwards - reverse polarity. After he blessed me a couple of times I stepped away and watched the drunk beat the last terminal in place.
    Within seconds the entire wire harness smoked and a small fire occurred. This man needed a new alternator-diodes blown - and a new wire harness.
    Unless you had a simular action I wonder why the entire wire harness will have to be replaced after only 5 years.
    ·
  • I have a 97 Infiniti I30T with 79,000 miles that I am being told needs a wiring harness also. The car was hard to start for a few days and then the 'check engine' light came on. The dealer worked with the Infiniti factory support and determined the wiring harness needs to be replaced.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
maxima electrical problem - Car Forums at Edmunds.com