Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Reliability

2»

Comments

• WOW, Its been 8 days and no complaining, whining or compliments, things must be looking up for our Azeras. I have to go to Hyundai-Forums to get the latest info on our Azeras.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    I'd complain about my slight hang-nail, but I'm well out of warranty... ;)
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    Passed 71K on my 07 Azera. Only issues were the splash shield (replaced under warranty) and my dislike of the original Michelin tires. I have never replaced the the original shocks and my avg mpg over all this time is pretty steady at 24.4 mpg. I did have a dead battery the other day and may need to check on that, but otherwise everything has been working without a problem.
  • Jaymagic,

What was your complaints with the Michelin tires?

I too hate them and can't wait to get rid of them. What have you found to be a good replacement for them?

Thanks,

karnsm@hotmail.com
  • Mkarns1,

Hope you don't mind my opinion on the Michelins. Having talked at length with a regional Hyundai Rep, we both came to the conculsion that the OEM Michelins were not a good choice of tire for the Azera. They are a hard heavy tire which provide long term mileage but get very noisey after the 20K mileage mark.

I bought my 08 Limited w/5K on the speedo and make the mistake of not getting a full alignment before making a 7K trip which ended up with badly feathered tires that are driving me crazy with all the noise. Alignment showed to much toe in front and rear.

Trying to put up with the noise and get mileage from the tires till I replace then with the General Altimax HP's that Wal-Mart will special order, install with life time rotate and balance for out the door $594. Having a hard time to find another place to beat the price and I know all about Tire Rack and Tire Discount, its the installers that can up the overall price.
  • craigmricraigmri Posts: 243
    Folks,

I just ordered Some Falken Ziex ZE329's...235/55-17's for $69 a tire plus $60 shipping from an online tire place....$336 for four sweet tires to my door. Install locally will be $100.

Craig
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    I thought they wore out too quickly and did not offer much in the way of better handling. While many have gone to the Altimax, I went the route of the Goodyear Eagle GT. (W speed rated).

I did not want just an H rated tire. Right or wrong, my Azera has been in triple digits on a few occasions and I want all the safety margin I can. I have been VERY happy with the Eagle GT's. I have about 20K on for now and just switched to my winter studded tires. The GT's were not terrible on snow and ice, but naturally the studs are better.

The handling, wet and dry, on the Eagles is far better than the OE Michelin's. AND virtually any tire you pick will be WAY lower in price than the Michelins.
  • We bought a new SE when they first came out in 2006. Had a little fear buying a Hyundai but the car compared to an Avalon and cost way less. After driving it almost 4 years, here's what we have learned. (1) the gas mileage went way up right after it hit 50k on the odometer. It jumped slowly almost 2 miles per gallon. (2) the front suspension is a weak point and has been from the beginning but it hasn't gotten any worse. (3) the car still has a lot of power and it's easy to be running 85mph and not realize it. (4) we learned a lot about tires for the car. at about 27k, had to put new tires on due to horrible front end alignment. i believe the car was out of alignment when we bought it. Like an idiot, I had the dealer put on some new Hankook tires, the same ones it came with. At about 55K, the car started making a lot of noise, very noticeable, going down the freeway. Almost got to the point where my wife (it's her car" wanted to get rid of it. Finally bit the bullet and went to dealer and got tech to ride with me to listen to the noise. Right away, he said "it's your tires. These Hankooks get worn down a little and do this."

I searched the internet for the quietest tires out there. Several sites said that the Goodyear Comfortred tire was the most quiet. I bought a set from Discount Tire (they have a 30 day moneyback guarantee) and told the salesman the reason I was buying them and if the noise didn't go away or lessen signfificantly he was going to get the tires back. What a difference these tires made! The thing runs like a new car. Feels tighter and very quiet. Point of this is that if you get unexplained noise, look to the tires. At least that's what it was in this case.

Have not had any real trouble with the car. Have been very pleased with it. Might consider Genesis except for the price. However, may get overruled on that issue by spouse.
  • mj007mj007 Posts: 1
    Hi, I have 2008 Azera and same problem, let me know Goodyear Comfortred tire model # and spec?
    Thanks
2»
This discussion has been closed.