Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Subaru Tribeca

124»

Comments

• It is my experience that all GPS systems need to be "tricked" at times. Usually they want you to input just the right word, or not complete the word you are looking for. The Subaru system seems less like that, and has alot more holes than others I've used, but sometimes less information is better...sometimes not.

Glad to hear they've gone to Garmin...the best as far as I'm concerned. I tried to get the Tribeca to take me to a National Park (Soel Duc Hot Springs). It took me within 50 miles, then headed back the other direction. When I finally got to the resort, I looked at the map...it was in the middle of the Park, but no roads or facilities were identified. Understandable. The facility has only been in existence since the early 1900's. ;) Besides that, my home point reads as 6 blocks North of where it actually is. It takes me home to my house, but not my address. :confuse:
  • I am using a qt of oil per 1000 miles - both the dealer and subaru say this is within the tech specs but it doesn't seem right to me

Has anyone had issues with the tribeca consuming that much oil?

Thanks
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    This won't make you feel any better but that is widely considered the industry standard.

Are you using the correct grade? You may even want to consider a switch to synthetic, which may not burn off as much.

Also check the block for oil leaks - the head and valve cover gaskets, and front main seal, and the rear main seal.
124»