Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X6

Comments

• Does anyone here realize that its a 4-seater only??
  • pakman4pakman4 Posts: 3
    Just got pricing from a dealer msrp for the 6 cyl is 52,500 and 63,000 for the V8.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Does anyone here realize that its a 4-seater only???

Yes off course thats why i think in every way x5 is the better car but exceptional if you want the looks style some think that looks different and sporty
    After all the bad side of the x6 compare to the x5 i am strangely still excited to see the x6 i am hoping to check it out this week will go with my uncle.

I think it will have a geat look compare to the x5
    Hey i was just wondering since i heard that the x6 already went on sale and you already had a order have you taken delivery of your x6 i can't wait to hear your experience.

If any1 else has also just got their new x6 congrats and plz share your experience.
    After reading others opinion finally FINALLY saw it in person i am in love with this car never seen anything like it before.

I have read before this car is similar to the infiniti fx but its totally different IMO.

It looks so much better in person than the pictures.
  • kimkaytkimkayt Posts: 15
    Passed an X6 on I-95 heading South this past weekend, and it's gorgeous! After having a 2 year love/hate relationship with an X-5, I am so ready to go back into the BMW family - this SAV is the perfect next choice...
    love hate huh the newer x5?

I didn't see it on road only i saw it detail by detail standing.

Never seen anything like it before never liked a car like this never before in my life.

By the way they don't call this SAV anymore its SAC ;)

Sadly i will not be able to get 1 anytime soon :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • FACTS:
    BMW's Market Target For The X-6: 6 Series and X-5 drivers.
    The X-6 is built on the X-5 platform, with a similar interior.
    Main Difference: The rear seat head room is compromised with the sharp-sloping roof line, thus being called a "sports activity coupe". If a 3rd row seat, and reduced cargo space (again because of the roof line) are not an issue, than this could be the car for you. The I-Drive software is from the 6 Series' edition (and also the latest X-5 models), which is the most preferred edition, because of its simplicity, compared to other BMW models.

OPINION: I see this BMW model competing mainly with the Audi A-3 and Infiniti FX. Yet, it's totally BMW and without a doubt, going to be a head-turner.

SUGGESTION: As a new model, lease and finance rates will most likely be uncompetitive, as well as the first run being potentially problematic (as the case with most first-run BMW's). Wait until both engines have had their first year runs, and test-drive an X-6 to make sure the interior space is not going to be an issue.
    the first run being potentially problematic (as the case with most first-run BMW's). Wait until both engines have had their first year runs, and test-drive an X-6 to make sure the interior space is not going to be an issue.

Being problematic that really makes me nervous which i am getting use to hearing abt bmw now and then. :(

The front space isn't much different than the x5 but back will certainly be not as comfy as a x5 and with only 2 seats less head room.
  • Have you guys sat in an x6?!!? I cant wait to see it in person i have been following that car since the first spy shots 2 years ago!! Please if anyone knows how to see one, or if any dealer has one in inventory post how to see it!
  • donchardonchar Posts: 22
    Any truth to the word on the street that given the lack of appeal, dealers are receiving less than their usual quota, to generate the appearance of "unavailability"? Dealers are quoting at a premium to give it the M3 type of hype?? Frankly, I'm waiting 6 months to a year before thinking about this, let someone else be the guinea pig that pays 110%!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    It looks awkward in pictures and some find it hideous, but the 2008 BMW X6 50i isn't nearly as warped when you see it in person. It's kind of a supermodel from behind, with a slim, narrow roof at the top and curvaceous hips at the bottom. Designers call this sort of thing tumblehome, and an SUV without it looks like a refrigerator.

First Drive: 2008 BMW X6 xDrive 50i

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Uh, I hate to say this but it looks just like the AMC Eagle of yesteryear. It really is quite a homely looking vehicle. :(
  • ethanp71ethanp71 Posts: 1
    I just saw one of these wrapped up in its undercover testing body panels in Westlake Village, CA over the weekend. It was sitting next to a new X5. Looked to be about the same size overall and about the same ground clearance, only the X6 was much shorter.
  • pat911pat911 Posts: 2
    I have to agree with the article - these are much nicer in person than in pictures. I saw one at the Detroit Auto Show and I thought it was actually very striking. The rear view is the best- it's very wide and aggressive. It might not be as utilitarian as a regular SUV, and personally I would prefer the X5, but it's actually a cool looking vehicle in person.
  • jrynnjrynn Posts: 162
    Leaving aside the debate over the vehicle's looks, it's the sort of vehicle that makes me wonder "what's the point?" Posts 3 & 4 both identify what's wrong with the X6 Same high stance as an SUV only without the same interior space.

So, you GIVE UP utility and GIVE UP handling and gas mileage.

Who's the target buyer?
  • pat911pat911 Posts: 2
    I agree that the target buyer is hard to figure, but I bet they're out there. It could be somebody who walks onto the lot looking for a 5 series, but sees this instead. Besides losing the fifth seat (and how many 5 series owners are regularly carrying five people?), it's at least as useful as a 5 series. Plus it's a lot more of an attention getter - and don't underestimate the importance of that for somebody looking to buy a BMW. Or it could be somebody who thinks the X3 is too small and the X5 too big. I don't really know who it will be. But I do know that there are a whole lot of folks out there driving Suburbans and Silverado's who don't need those either, so trying to figure out who is going to buy the X6 based solely on its measurables probably won't get you very far. It's a BMW - people will buy it.
    let someone else be the guinea pig that pays 110%!

Well i guess then some1 paid. 1 of my near neighbors got a brand new shiny bmw x6 35i in silver.

When i saw it I just wanted to stand and keep looking for a while :blush:

I am not sure but since i didn't see his merc S class I think he traded in.
    My mistake didn't traded his S class still has it.

When i use to see the picture of the x6 it felt it would be like infiniti fx but in real its a lot different but definitely not for every1.

I think family should stick with the x5.