Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti I30/I35

Comments

• isellinfinitiisellinfiniti Member Posts: 5
    Infiniti currently, at least in the NorthWest is not offering any customer rebates or incentives on the 2001 I30. They are offering dealer incentives, you may have these confused.
  • canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    Effectively though aren't these the same thing as cash rebates in the sense that the dealers' savings should end up being passed on to the consumer thru lower selling prices?
  • psrinivpsriniv Member Posts: 41
    $2000 customer cash has been posted on the edmunds site under national and regional incentives for the northeast. I have read it correctly unless the posting by edmunds is wrong (which i doubt)
  • isellinfinitiisellinfiniti Member Posts: 5
    Edmunds reports that there is a $2,000 customer incentive here in the Northwest. That is 100% wrong. It would not do a dealer any good to hide a customer incentive. I am just stating a simple fact, it does not exist.
  • yyzzyyzz Member Posts: 1
    I got a deal for Brand New 2001 I30 for about $27999 with Sun Roof. Is this a good deal? By the way I live in Boston. thanks
  • phila66phila66 Member Posts: 1
    I bought this I30 in Sept 2000. No problems until this year when the colder weather started. I noticed that the air coming thru the vents seemed much colder than I remembered from last year, as if the A/C is always on. On a recent day when the ambiant temp showed 44 degrees, I had the cliamte control on 72 and the air coming in the vents was 58 degrees. On a colder night, with temps in the high thirties, I had to turn the temp up to 85 to get "luke warm" air and 90 to get the car warm.

The other thing I noticed, it that if I turn up to temp to 90 and get the car warm, that after turning it down to 80, within a short period of time the fan speed will increase as if if cannot keep up with keeping the car at a steady temp.

The response from the dealer was that if I got hot air by turning up the temp, then there was nothing wrong with it.

Is there any simple test I can do to check that the air coming out of the vent is the right temp?
  • njbaran99njbaran99 Member Posts: 69
    yyzz: Here in Chicago, a dealer is closing out 01 I30's with Stnd Sunroof, Htd Seats and Splash Guards for just under $27K (I think it $26,995). I think there is still $1500 Dealer Cash on 01' I30's, so you should be able to get it closer to $27K. However, 01' I30 are in short supply.

Have you checked out the new 02' I35 (bigger engine 255 hp, add'l creature features, xenons stnd, nicer 17" wheels)?
  • wcdaawcdaa Member Posts: 21
    I love my 01 I-30 but I like the I-35 better. Hope Infiniti keeps making improvements every year!
    Hope to get another one in 2004. I would like to see turn signals in the outside mirrors like
    the Q-45 has. Also, hope they put an A/C vent in the console for the rear passengers. Are you listening Infiniti................
  • squidflakesquidflake Member Posts: 5
    The black door decals on my I30 have sunbleached and look terrible. I have tried everything to rectify this. I was told by the dealer that they are decals, but they are a royal pain to replace. The window trim has to be removed, etc.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a easier solution?
  • mvargo1mvargo1 Member Posts: 298
    If a dealer has customer cash they are obligated to give it to the customer. If they have a dealer incentive they can keep some or all of it. If it was customer cash and you did not recieve a check you would have to sign a form giving the money back to the dealer.
  • jaygavrickjaygavrick Member Posts: 5
    I bought my first Infiniti, an 1999 I30t in July. It had only 15000 miles on it. My FAVORITE thing about this particular I30t is that it's a 5speed transmission - one of the very few (and last) produced for the I30. I paid $22,800. for it.

It's the best car I've ever owned. I love it.
  • jaygavrickjaygavrick Member Posts: 5
    I just saw your post about your 1996 5speed. ENJOY IT! Infiniti made only a few of them. I bought a '99 which was the last year they produced the 5speed in an Infiniti. From my research, they only sold about 50 (FIFTY!!) that last year.

My clutch, as Barbara Streisand has said, is "like BUTTAH!" It's very smooth up and down. Of course, the car only has about 17000 original miles on it.
  • 1996i30buyer1996i30buyer Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of buying a 1996 I30 with 80,000 miles. Any advice or comments from owners would be helpful.
  • blackhawk2blackhawk2 Member Posts: 11
    Today my CD player has gone bad...it sounds like the motor is stuck and the CD always result in error and sometimes does not eject or accept the CD. When there's no CD inside, the indicator still lights up when I start the car...does anyone know how to fix this? I've checked the warranty and I'm unclear if audio devices are still covered under the warranty...any suggestions on what I should do? I appreciate it much, thanks.
  • blackhawk2blackhawk2 Member Posts: 11
    Oh, by the way...my car has 54000 miles on it and is obviously 5 years old.
  • dianalodianalo Member Posts: 12
    I bought same model and year a few months ago, and have been delighted with it. It's a bit rough on bumps (it's an i30t), but overall, a great car. Mine had 46k miles, paid 12k from a private seller. Good luck.
  • amdaamda Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at a used I30 luxury model. Its a 1998 I30 Burgundy with side air bags (not sure if this was standard) with 24 k miles on it. THe price being asked is $17800 (used car dealer). I have checked the book value of the car, the price is at about this rprice in most of the places (NADA, Edmunds, Cars.com). Would appreciate input from this forum if its a good vehicle to go with. I need a dependable car with minimal maintenance expenditure for the next 3 years (atleast).
  • dbrulanddbruland Member Posts: 21
    See if you can find 2000 I30 program cars coming off lease. I understand Infiniti of Lisle (Chicago) are paying $18,250 which means you could probably buy one for around $19-$20K depending how good you negotiate. Don't know where you are located, but would guess Infiniti dealers in your area may have similar deals.

Big difference in 2000/2001 I30's as opposed to 1996-1999. I think you would be much better off paying a couple thousand more, plus would still have some remaining warranty (original warranty 4 years or 60,000 miles). Even though the 1998 you are looking at only has 24K miles, the 4 years will be up shortly if not already.
  • pql1pql1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    With the winter season upon us, does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning their cars? Should I take my I30 to a car wash or is that type of 'washing' too tough on the paint? I would like to continue washing my car at home but it is getting too cold in the North East now....thanks!
  • acraneacrane Member Posts: 7
    I would take it to a full service car wash where they have decent equipment and finish the car by hand, I've been doing this with my 2000 I30 with no problems. I would NOT put the car through one of those coin-operated jobs at the gas station.

One thing I have found worthwhile is to wax the paintwork and clean and condition the leather twice per year. I've been using some products from a company called Zaino Bros which work pretty well, but any brand of good quality stuff should do the trick.
  • redbarettaredbaretta Member Posts: 22
    I did nothing last year with my 2001 I30t's wind noise problems. They went away with the spring but have returned with the winter. I plan on "challenging" the dealership to "fix". Any advice from others who have tackled this issue would be appreciated.
    Sounds like it is temp related. Cold makes the rubber contract so their is nothing you can do except move to a warmer climate
  • dreantedreante Member Posts: 7
    '96 I30t owner. I'm thinking of getting my car repainted to a darker and shinier black. Any ideas on price and a good place to take it?
    thanks bdruland for your adv.

I did check out the 2000 and 2001's coming off lease. I am in the east coast- central VA. Not many dealers around. THe price for the 2000 and 2001 is in the range of 22- 24 k with around 21k miles (average) on them. WHich is out of my present budget.

However,I found an used I30 t with 26 k miles with the local infiniti dealer. Its got heated seats, remote keyless entry & starting (good feature for the winters), new tires. The car looks pretty clean and not a visible scratch. The asking price was 18495. The dealer offered to detail the car and fix a few very minor things.I need to go for a new second vehicle in another 6 months time and now this fit into my current budget. I got the price down to 17650 + TTL. I went according to the NADA pricing, black book pricing and brought it down to 17650. I will be picking up the vehicle on friday.
    I do hope i have made a good choice, keeping my budgetary limitations.
    Thanks again.
    WOuld appreciate comments from townhall I30 owners.
    Like I posted above, I will be taking the vehicle tomorrow.
    I had a question about an extended warranty. The dealer did not offer it. I had asked for it.
    Its like this. it is for 4 years 60k miles. will cover upto 86k miles on the car. Zero deductible and no claim forms to be files if repair work done at this dealer.
    If i need to go out of town and had to repair my car at an infiniti dealership there, then the deductible would be $50.

The dealer is asking $1180 for it. I could probably talk him down to $1000.

I have no idea about the maintenance aspects of this car and how expensive it is to fix if something went wrong.
    BTW, the car has about 6 months (13k miles) of basic warranty and 2 years of the powertrain warranty left.

On the basis that it is a premium car, parts would also come at a premium rate I wanted to think about it. Members advise would help me make my decision soon. I need to make my decision soon and would appreciate members comments.
    thanks
  • tgif888tgif888 Member Posts: 351
    Make sure the extended warranty is back and come from Infiniti, not the 3rd party one.
    Hi
    if it is from infiniti and not from a third party would you advise that i go with it
    Its a zero deductible warranty for 60k miles ie upto 86k miles on the car and 4 years
  • wayneweswaynewes Member Posts: 8
    I know exactly how frustrating the wind noise issue can be. I have a 2001 I30t and have noticed a wind noise issue for some time now. I have had the dealership replaced the window seals in three out of four window seals thus far. They tried to tell me that the noise was at a normal level but I still hear wind noise from my drivers side window. My dealership have been very cooperative with trying to fix this issue for me but I think it may just be a design issue more than anything else (my opinion). I do plan on taking the car bak one more time to have the drivers side window seals replaced. I have heard some people say that putting a silicon coating on the seals would help so this may be something to look into. My only other suggestion is to hold your stance on this and make the dealership replace all of the seals as needed. I have seen some improvements in the noise with the seal replacements, however, I still feel that the noise level is too high.
    Hope this is not too late. If you can talk to dealer down to $1000, and is from Infiniti. It is good to get it.

This is all come down to your preference.
  • geo55geo55 Member Posts: 2
    I bought this car used about a month ago and am thoroughly enjoying it. Handles much better than I expected and the engine performance is great. Fuel economy sucks though.
    I have a leak in the trunk somewhere. Water gets into the well where the spare tire is. Can't find the leak yet. Anyone else have this experience??
    Also, there seems to be a lag in downshifting (automatic) from 2nd to 1st gear. Anyone else??
    Thanks
  • dbrulanddbruland Member Posts: 21
    Congrats on getting the low mileage '98 I30t for $17650.

Based on personal experience with the following 6 Nissans/Infinitis since 1991, I would recommend you not spend the $1000-$1100 for an extended warranty. My total non-routine maintenance out-of-warranty expenses:

1991 Maxima GXE (65K): 0
    1993 Infiniti G20 (70K): $400 fuel injector
    1996 Maxima GLE (70K): 0
    2000 Infiniti I30 (31K): 0
    2000 Infiniti G20 (8K): 0 (wife's current car)
    2002 Infiniti I35 (1K): 0 (my current car)

Obviously the last three were/are still under warranty. Nonetheless, I only had to have warranty work done on the 1993 G20 (defective battery).

All cars were serviced routinely per manufacturers guidelines (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.). I honestly don't think you should expect to spend anywhere near the cost of your extended warranty on the 1998 I30t, assuming it wasn't mistreated in it's original 26K miles.
    Hi everybody,

I thank all members for their input and suggestions to my questions.
    I took delivery of the 98I30t. I have also for the time being taken the extended warranty for $1100. I can cancel it at any time. THey would deduct $25. It would be refunded in full if the cancellation is made within 30 days.

I drove about 500 miles on it sofar and love it. The engine and tranny are pretty smooth.
    I have only one problem with the car. The driver side rear view mirror has some spots on it. I have tried some glass cleaners and it would not help. I took it to the dealer. the service advisor said that they look like stains from acid rain and the mirror needs to be replaced(about $100 including labor: 65 mirror + 35 labor). Day time driving is no problme, but during the nights, light from vehicles behind makes it very hazy and not very comfortable to drive.

I am planning to get the mirror changed. IF some one has a fix or suggestions for this please let me know.

thanks again.
  • luvtospeedluvtospeed Member Posts: 8
    Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the recommended tire pressure for my 2001 I30. From what i can see the owner's manual just tells you not to exceed the maximum pressure that's listed on the tire itself. The tires are Goodyear Eagle 215/55R16 and reads 44psi as the max. pressure.

I would think that it's much too high at 40psi.
    Please let me know what you think is the proper operating pressure.

Many thanks.....
  • njbaran99njbaran99 Member Posts: 69
    What does the Tire Pressure Sticker say on the car (my 02' I35 has it under that arm rest). My I35 Spt Pkg states tire pressure at 32 PSI. Lower to that level and it smoothed the ride out.
  • jaki30jaki30 Member Posts: 73
    The sticker on my 01L says 32 Front and 30 Rear. The sticker is
    on the bottom of the center cnsole armrest door.
    Proper tire pressures are listed in the maintinence log on the second page. Pressure for the 16" wheels is different from the 17" ones, so check the door panel or log book.
  • gdoublegdouble Member Posts: 18
    My wife recently purchased a 98 I30t, and I had a question regarding the Bose stereo. The stereo says Bose, the speakers say Bose, but the way they sound does NOT say Bose. I have a Lexus GS400 with Nakamichi stereo, and I certainly could tell a difference from my prior stereo (Honda Accord w/Alpine speakers) to the Nak, but her Bose stereo doesn't sound much better than the factory system that was in the 2001 Maxima we rented while on vacation. What do you all think?
  • dmathew347dmathew347 Member Posts: 80
    I've been shopping around for a 01 I30. Since the 02 Maximas are going for 24.5, i figured the 01 I30's should be a bargain. Accounting for the 2500 dealer cash, is $21,000 (before ttl for a base I30) a reasonable price??
    Thanks
  • psrinivpsriniv Member Posts: 41
    Price of $21,000 is unbelievable for 2001 I30. You should go for it.
    Even in december dealers were not willing to sell below $26,000 on the east coast. I would buy it immediately. Could you let us know where you got this offer.
    thanks
    psriniv,
    I think you misunderstood what i said. I was never offered such a ddeal. i was simply looking for opinions on whether or not 21k was a resonable price.
    There is no way in HELL, i'm paying anything above 22k for a base '01 I30 - especially considering the crappy Infiniti sales figures (based on Automoive News and FightingChance data), the 2500 dealer cash, and also the serious competition including the new I35 and the new '02 Maxima (which is going for 24.3K and is far superior to the '01 I30).
    So in my opinion over 22k is outrageous!!
    If i can't get it for 21-22k, i'll just stick with the new '02 Maxima, for a few grand more.
  • luvtospeedluvtospeed Member Posts: 8
    dmathew347

You must be joking. How would anyone in their right mind even think of offering $21-22K for a brand new 2001 i30 which lists for ~$30,300. Why stop there?? How about offering $15,000 and a box of Yodels or maybe a pack of baseball cards??

When you think of something intelligent to add to this chat room I'm sure all of us would kindly listen. Until then please don't bother typing.
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Now, now children.....let's not get outta hand here. If you buy the premise that a base I30 invoice is around 26k and dealer is getting 2,500 incentive you're down to (if I can subtract) about
    23,500. Not too far off from 22K (IMHO) so it's not THAT outrageous a proposition. Especially if a dealer has a few of them still around....the longer he keeps, the harder to dump (unless/until Infiniti throws more cash dealer's way - but then 22k would drop further so it becomes chicken/egg thing). If he can sell extended warranty and get some service $$ out of it....well how bad is that?
    I say throw the offer out there DMATHEW347 and see what happens....But let's not berate fellow "boarders" unnecessarily LUVTOSPEED, O.K.?
    (geez, sorry if I sound like a board monitor)
    metmdx
    Anyway, i tried throwing out the 22k offer at all the dealers in the DC area(all 4 of them). None matched it - the lowest i got after a lot of haggling was 23.6k for a base 01 I30.
    I'll stick with the Maxima!
  • wayneweswaynewes Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if 18" wheels will fit on the I30t? How will this size wheel either enhance/degrade the cars performance/feel/look? Thanks for the feedback.
  • adrian01adrian01 Member Posts: 12
    I own a 00-I30t with 58,000 miles on it, bought the car new. Has been great, had to have the computer reprogrammed twice, the check engine light would come on, no big deal. The car gets 26mpg around town and 28 on the highway, switch on the ECON and get 31mpg on the highway. I will be needing tires soon, and I have ordered them from Sears,(about a month ago) got a good price on 225-50-17" Michelin Pilots but Sears said they are on back order, and have not even come in the country yet. Has anyone heard this stuff?
  • vlilichvlilich Member Posts: 15
    Good afternoon!

I need advice on... Torn between the new I35 and Acurea TL Type S. Both look pretty good and the price is comparable. I need to be steered in the right direction :).
  • cpa4ucpa4u Member Posts: 136
    What tires have you got on there now? How many miles did you get out of the first set of stock tires?
  • cpa4ucpa4u Member Posts: 136
    Has anyone replaced the bulbs in the fog lights? I am wanting to get something that more matches the HIDs. Some guys over at Maxima.org have replaced theirs with PIAAs and some new Sylvania bulbs. I was wondering how hard it would be to replace the bulbs on the I30? In the owner's manual it doesn't even show how to do this. It just says to have dealer do it!!!
    Since you post this on the I30 board, you might get bias info. Well, as a owner of an I30 and TL Type S. I said go with the Infiniti. The Infiniti is build much better and the stereo qualtiy in I30 is better, too. If you opt for the I35, did you think of the Maxima GLE? It is selling $1000 below invoice now. I think this is a good deal.

The TL is a good car but the build quality is just not there and maybe is better now. I got my TL-S last March so it had some problems.
    So, how's your I30 goes? My car just turn 7500 miles. It is great and had dealer do oil change and skip the second service. ($119.95 for whole bunch of inspection)

I am also in the market for another car in 3 months and had my eyes on the Maxima and not the I35. The Maxima is such a good buy now with $1000 rebate.