Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RL

Comments

• dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    My wife and I test drove the RL on the 16th, and here are my impressions:

Exterior: the front and rear (with spoiler) looks good--not great, the side profile is kind of bland (kind of accordish), did not like the rims, liked the chrome trims around the car

Interior: very soft leather (imo-best in taupe), looks best with wood shift knob and steering wheel, navigaton was great, tight trunk and rear seat, sound system is awesome, quiet interior until you press on the gas hard then you can hear the roar of the engine

Engine and Transmission: adequate power (could use more torque and six speed transmission), sounds good when gas pedal is pressed hard, shifting is smooth

I liked Acura's version of keyless-go. I wish it had cooled seats and rear camera.

I'll wait a year or two to see if Acura will add cooled seats and rear camera, as well as a discount off MSRP.
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    Kinda surprised that the Accord has more legroom than the RL.

Combined legroom of the RL is 78.7 inches.
    Combined legroom of the Accord is 79.4 inches.
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    >Kinda surprised that the Accord has more legroom than the RL.<

If true, that is a sad statistic.
  • adam_kelleyadam_kelley Member Posts: 24
    On the Acura website, they list the official compatible bluetooth phones with the RL/TL. The new Blackberry 7100t isn't listed, but was wondering if anyone has tried or heard anything about compatibility issues or if the 7100t will even work?

Thanks
  • lynnminnylynnminny Member Posts: 49
    Just my opinion, but as the owner of two E320s, I would not buy another one. Mercedes-Benz is struggling with reliability issues, it was even discussed in an issue of Barron's several weeks ago. The air conditioning system/climate control is notorious for not doing a good job. On my present E320 (2000), it either gets too hot or too cold. Has a hard time maintaining a comfortable temp. A month ago we had to have a front axle replaced. Ours was cracked. My car only has 52,000 miles on it and all maintenence has been performed on time. That is why I am buy an RL. Mine should be in next week.

The re-sale value on the Mercedes E320 is also bad. They only want to give me 18,500 on my trade-in!! That is laughable. As you did, I also feel the styling of the new E320 is very underwhelming. The 2005 RL has a much sportier look and feel. The E320 does not qualify as a "sport sedan".

Lynnminny
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    For those of you purchasing this vehicle, please share your experiences & recommendations in our brand spankin' new Acura RL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• shotgunshotgun Member Posts: 184
    The Blackberry 7100t appears to work superbly with the TL...so it should work on the RL as well. Goto: http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=d04e00b634119bb- 206ed095f79d25693&f=69

for some message traffic concerning bluetooth compatibility with Acuras
  • brew99brew99 Member Posts: 86
    Agreed the RL Cda price is out of whack as per my earlier post. In having recently purchased a new TL for $40k it is tough to see the RL being worth and extra $30k (I've only seen it at the dealership and not driven it to this point so perhaps my view may change but I doubt it). The dollar is trading over $0.80 today so the price on a relative basis is actually getting worse. I don't blame Acura for doing this as they are free to set/establish a price for the Cdn market that is different from the US market since the market does have different economics, costs, buyer tastes etc. For years we have had cars that had been relatively less expensive in Cda when considering the brutal exchange rate we have faced in recent years. It really comes down to supply and demand however so ultimately I think the RL will find its proper price point in the market. Perhaps the supply available for Cda was more limited and they felt they could command the extra premium and price it head to head with the A6?
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    "If true, that is a sad statistic."

Why?

5 Series 76.5
    GS 430 78.8
    Audi A6 78.1

If the Accord's numbers make the RL look sad, how tragic is the BMW?
    Forgot to mention that perhaps Acura Canada may need a higher priced RL to pay for its expensive marketing programs. The owners magazine (forget the name) was hand delivered via special delivery company the other day and on the front cover was the new RL. I don't know if that is the way they always deliver their magazine but I can imagine what this delivery service costs them.
    Manufacturers price their vehicles based on how much they need to charge to make a profit and how much they can get away with. If they can't get away with a price high enough to make a profit, then the car isn't sold in that market.

Canadian pricing is different because Canada is a different market. There are many differences between the buying trends of Canada and the US. SUVs are not as popular in Canada, so they tend to be cheaper. For example, here in the US CR-V fans are always complaining that Canadians get more standard equipment than we do here in the US (for approximately the same price). Acura sells an EL (suped up Civic) that is not offered here, largely because smaller cars are preferred up north.

There are many differences. Overall, the average ticket price for a car is lower in Canada. They don't buy as many luxury vehicles. That makes offering them a more expensive option.
  • dmartoccidmartocci Member Posts: 2
  • dmartoccidmartocci Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in either the RL or Audi A6. I drove the rl over the weekend and liked the car. I currently own a 2004 a4 cabriolet and love the car. The Acura handles well and has a nice fit and finish. My concern is the usual about the first year out on such a drastic change for a model. Also is this the first awd system in a car for acura? I think they did a good job of stacking this car with option and it compares favorably to an a6 with dimensions etc. IT is priced in between the 3.2 and the 4.2 and the stats seem to mirror that. I am waiting for the audi dealer to get the 3.2 in so I can compare it. Has anyone done this comparison yet?
  • monet5monet5 Member Posts: 32
    The Blackberry 7100t pairs fine with the RL. I tried pairing during my test drive on Friday with no issue. Battery and Signal strength display on the dash board once paired.
  • monet5monet5 Member Posts: 32
    dmartocci - I have an '01 A6 2.7T today and looking to lease either a new '05 A6 3.2 or an '05 Acura RL. Test drove both this weekend and I posted my comments earlier on both cars.

However, in summary the Acura is a darn fine car. The interior was amazing and the technology was perfectly integrated into the driving experience. My major complaint about the interior was no height adjustment on the passenger seat. My girlfriend is only 5'3" and said she couldn't see very well. However, that's a person issue for me and may not apply to many people. Outside of that the car was very quiet and I have no issues with the interior. Its up to Lexus standards. The Audi on the other hand is more elegant and less flashy than the Acura. Not a negative comment toward either car, but just a different approach. The technology with the Audi (ex: MMI) is a bit more in your face than the Acura in that you have to use it to drive the car. So Acura takes a Lexus approach and Audi takes a BMW approach (but not nearly as bad as that i-Drive). The other thing is that the Audi has a 60/40 split rear seat and the Acura only has a shi bag pass through if that's important to you.

Exterior is where the Audi sets itself apart. Whereas the Acura (IMO) is conservative and some might call it bland, the Audi is aggressive and chiseled. You either love it or hate it, but recommend that you see it in person before you judge. Audi's trunk is larger also (15.9 cube feet vs. 13.1).

The AWD abilities on both cars are similar. Granted Acura is geared more toward performance with the SH-AWD system, but in reality for me living in Chicago they are equal to each other. Not like cruising down Clark Street with SH-AWD vs. Audi AWD is gonna make a difference.

Some other technology type differences between the 2 cars is that the Audi has rain sensing wipers, folding outside mirrors, 18" wheels (not the bling dealer ones like Acura has) and no-charge maintenance. The Acura has the DVD-A player, On-Star, Real time traffic and the active noise cancellation system.

I recommend you drive them both once the 3.2 Audi arrives.
  • scoutscout Member Posts: 3
    OK so list is $49,470. I understand.....so the guy tells me 42 month lease is $750.00 mo. This seems high. Might be based on a higher retail price? Anyone know what rate factor they are using or what your monthly payments are?
  • nebraskaguynebraskaguy Member Posts: 341
    I got the Motorola v710, Verizon's only Bluetooth phone. It works fine.
  • kaisofankaisofan Member Posts: 2
    Yea;

Good for you. You probably were not going to buy the Acura anyway. They won't miss you.

It is true that I was looking for a lower price, but quality has its price and Acura is now beginning to realize that! Do you think the other makes Infinity, Lexus, BMW and Benz are worth the cost?
    Will check it out next time by the dealer and provide any info that may be helpful.....
  • reb124reb124 Member Posts: 6
    I currently have a 2000 Audi A6, 2.7 T and have placed a deposit on the new RL. I test drove it tonight. The RL pick up is good, although still slightly behind my 4 year old 2.7T. However, many more toys in the RL. The navigation system, integrated phone, 6 CD changer, bose speaker system and all. The Audi has more of the sports car feel / look.

I found the Audi to be very expensive once the maintenance period expired. I put over 20K miles per year and I am currently pouring money into maintaining the Audi. I just needed a new ABS pump for $1,600. I am hoping that the Acura will be a better value, long term. Entry price is comparable.

I am listed for the carbon black. The "sand" will be available sooner. Anyone seen this one yet?
  • gbabalukgbabaluk Member Posts: 70
    First, Kaisofan;
    Yes, I was considering the new 2005 RL but for a Honda, over $70,000CDN is ridiculous! The new Infiniti and Lexus V8 models of the M & G will be out within 6 months and I will buy one of them. I have owned Hondas before, the last one was a V6 Accord which was "bullet" proof but boring as watching paint dry; to drive!
    Not that I wouldn't consider it for less than $60,000CDN. That's all it's worth and I will continue to make that point.
    Have a great day;
    Babs
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    >Kinda surprised that the Accord has more legroom than the RL.<

>>If true, that is a sad statistic.<<

>Why?<

My point was simply this: Having to pay $50,000 for an Acura luxury automobile that now apparently has less room inside than a Honda Accord seems like a step down and a step backward. The smaller trunk is hardly a selling point either.
  • mikeinmdmikeinmd Member Posts: 23
    Babs, I agree with you.

I was anxious to sign up to the RL...but price has put me off. I guess kaisofan's point (as best I could make out) was that Infinity, Lexus, BMW and Benz are also overpriced...maybe he is an acura salesman.
      My situation was this: I have one car for long-term or sedate cruising (03 TL) and one for fun, twisty road driving (04 RX-8), and having had a rotary in the 80's, was feeling sentimental about it when they came out. I had hoped to get to one car - the RL - and was very hyped to see/drive it (called the MD dealer daily until they got one). Obviously, the RL can not give all the benefit of the TL/8 combo - I was hoping for a "80% solution" - the practically of having just one car (insurance, mx, etc.) would have done the rest.
              But approx. 52K (with TTL)?
      It is a beautiful car and I can appreciate what Acura has accomplished. And I love the gadgets/XM/SH-AWD/most aspects of the interior, etc. Also, maybe I want to much but if I am spending 52K, don't get petty about a wooden shift knob ($100-150 accessory? Yes, I did pay $99 for one for the TL but that was a $30K car).
       Yes, I will probably buy one - coming off a lease or perhaps a new one next year if Acura incorporates the dynamic cylinder shut-down gas saving feature (don't remember what it is called).

Excuse me for being so long-winded. Cheers
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Listen to yourself. You won't spend the money for a Honda but you would spend the money for a Nissan or Toyota? Hey "Got it!!!" I guess I just don't get it!!!
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    The huge price step-up from the TL to the RL leads me to conclude that in the not-too-distant future there will be a SH-AWD TL with a MSRP of around $49K (Canadian).
  • kenw1kenw1 Member Posts: 30
    You are forgetting that gbabaluk and the rest of us Canadians are getting gouged by Acura. I was ready to buy the RL if it was the same price as the US (US$49K with 58% residual value on leases). Here in Canada, the MSRP is US$56K, with 52% residual for 36 months, and interest rate of 7.4%. Would you buy the RL at those prices, or go for the Audi A6 or a BMW 3-Series (with 59% residual and 3.0% interest)?
  • hadhad Member Posts: 32
    First, does anyone out there have a white with parchment? If so, how does it look your feelings, etc.

I drove 2 times a Meteor Silver (blue),rather pretty, demo.

My wife just got back from a visiting her mother and........

she liked it!! We had 2 RL in the past.

Two things she said.

1. This passenger seat is low (she is 5' 2". But later I questioned her and it wasn't that bad (Heck, my MDX has power seats for lift?

2. What's that hump in the middle of the back seating?

All other comments were very positive.

Also, we live in the Litlle Rock area and there are very curvy roads. Man this car is awesome.

Waiting on the shipment which should have came in last week. I do know it is in the States (San Diego last check).

Please let me know on thew white color. I had the same color with my other RL. Loved it!!
    First, does anyone out there have a white with parchment? If so, how does it look your feelings, etc.

Two things she said.

1. This passenger seat is low (she is 5' 2". But later I questioned her and it wasn't that bad (Heck, my MDX has power seats for lift?

Also, we live in the Litlle Rock area and there are very curvy roads. Man this car is awesome.

Waiting on the shipment which should have came in last week. I do know it is in the States (San Diego last check).

Please let me know on thew white color. I had the same color with my other RL. Loved it!!

Two things she said.

• readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    I picked up my RL yesterday, Carbon Gray with Ebony interior, the car is gorgeous!

My first impression, I'm overwhelmed!

Exterior..

I think this car looks bold and beautiful. I guess it either works for you or not. I respect each person's opinion, but I've never been about having a "badge." I've always enjoyed how Acura packages the entire car. I've heard debates stacking the E Class, A6, or BMW up to the New RL. The bottom line is if you've seriously looked at options, not including the fact that none of these cars can match all of Acura's features accordingly, they're still more expensive! I would've loved this car at 47K as well, but I have a feeling I still love it where it's at. If you don't need the options, I would say the new A6 will be runner up.

I had an hour and forty-five minute drive back from the dealer. This gave me some great time to bond with the new car.....all I can say is WOW! My drive included some city driving and a good portion of a meandering two-lane highway for me to test the SH-AWD a bit. I've driven the 530I and the E320 4matic, and all opinions are subjective, but this car has what both of them offer and then some.

Where do I start? The ride is what you want it to be! Would you like to glide and ride or would you like to use "the paddles" while twisting and turning? The ride is so responsive and smooth it's incredible. Several posts have indicated this car is lacking power, in my opinion I believe the RL has adequate power. I'm also not looking to drag race while doing the 0-60 in 5.8 secs, but I found that when you touched the pedal, the car will fly. 85mph feels like 35-40mph.

The seats are form-fitting, amazingly plush, and luxurious. When you lay your head back on the head rest it feels like you've planted your head in a soft pillow.

The technology..

Keyless Entry and Start is an outstanding feature no fumbling with keys, quick and easy enough for my eight year old to learn how to use it in 10 seconds.

XM radio is absolutely great, especially with the quality of the sound system, it is flawless. You can turn the radio up full blast and it's just as clear as it would be at 20% of peak power.

The navigation system is brilliant! I did favor the touch screen in my 2002 TL, but I quickly adjusted to using the wheel. Unfortunately, I was so caught up in the ride that I didn't attempt to look at NavTraffic as I was leaving NYC, but I'm looking forward to all of it. The voice recognition is wonderful since you can speak the numbers as well as the street address and pick from a list without touching a thing.

CD Player..I was so caught up in the XM I didn't get a chance to use the CD player. I can't imagine what a DVD-A disc will sound like because the XM and radio quality was so superb.

I don't have a bluetooth phone yet and I'd like to change my service from Nextel to Verizon or Cingular. If anyone has any suggestions on the best cell phone or service to accomodate the RL, let me know.

Functions, Functions, Functions...It will take me some serious time to get into the car and really set up all of the configurations, but this is a good thing if you like toys like I do....the RL has plenty to keep you busy.

It's tough to summarize all the RL has to offer because I am just scratching the surface. If you're truly in the market for a luxury sedan you have to consider all that the new RL has to offer. If you're really serious and committed to getting a car in this segment, it would be tough to pass this baby up.
    "Keyless Entry and Start is an outstanding feature no fumbling with keys, quick and easy enough for my eight year old to learn how to use it in 10 seconds."

How exactly does the system work? You keep key fob in pocket, work away from car and it locks automatically, work back and it unlocks?

That might take some getting used to for someone like me. In almost 25 years of car ownership, out of sheer force of habit, I almost always pull on the door handle to check that it's locked after locking it -- even when using key fob. So, if the RL's system works as described above, it means you just have to have faith that the system works!
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    Acura has a great demonstration on the US website, but it goes like this....

When you get out of or into the car, you can use the fob the old fashion way as you're probably familiar with today or when you're within two feet of the car, the car detects the fobs presence and if you place your hand inside the door handle it automatically unlocks, when exiting there is a slightly raised dimple on the outside of the door handle on the passenger and driver door handles, just touch the dimple and the doors are locked.
    >>How exactly does the system work? You keep key fob in pocket, work away from car and it locks automatically, work back and it unlocks?

The car doesn't lock automatically when you walk away, which disappointed me. I'd read several things that implied it did, but it doesn't.

>>That might take some getting used to for someone like me. In almost 25 years of car ownership, out of sheer force of habit, I almost always pull on the door handle to check that it's locked after locking it -- even when using key fob. So, if the RL's system works as described above, it means you just have to have faith that the system works!

You can hear the doors lock and the lights blink (and I believe you have the option to set the system so it makes a sound, as well). That is your confirmation the doors are locked.
  • courtney11courtney11 Member Posts: 77
    I have read alot about the fact is is a 6 and not an 8. If you can go form 0-60 in about 6.5, do you really need a 8? Isn't quality an issue? I own a 2001 TL and the 0-60 is quite adequate. The RL I'm sure is better yet. I personally think the quality is very good. As for the ride and comfort I have yet to drive it. I am a bit dissappointed that the price came in at 49K, I was hoping for about 46-47K. With all the electronic stuff and the all new AWD I think the extended warranty is a must if you consider keeping it awhile. Does anyone know kow much this is? One last point, I live in Florida and am very dissappointed that climate seats are not standard as in Canada. I believe they will be available on the new M or GS. Think I will wait and compare all of them or hope it becomes standard next year. I also want to wait and see what the reliability of the AWD is over a year of driving. Guess I will wait for 2006 model and drive my 01' TL, considering it only has 28K.

Just My Opinion !!!
    In order to keep this topic open for another week or so, we need to post purchasing experiences in the Acura RL: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences discussion. We can talk about driving impressions and features in here, but posting pricing & buying experiences in the other topic ensures that others will be able to find it once this topic is closed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I agreee torgue is very important. Low end is ofcourse what is needed and yes the 300 h.p. is nice but not totally understood. I would be very surprised if the RL only does 7.5 0-60. I have heard it will do anywhere from 6- 6.5. Guess the official numbers will tell. If it does do about 6.5 I would be personally be very satisfied. It seems that would be more than adequate. As I get older i realize speed is nice but comfort and features to be more important. Just my opinion.
  • steveaccordsteveaccord Member Posts: 108
    Thank you for sharing with the rest of us your impressions and congratulations on your new RL.
    I had the hunch (and posted comments) that it would exactly come down to what you said: Drive the car. At the time a few weeks back (June or July) I was getting a bit bored of the obsession with the spec discussions that were ensuing and the obvious perennial debates on the V8 vs. non V8, and styling (as we had the glimpse at the NY motor show). I rebutted to the great guys that were compiling the numbers tables (engine power, torque etc, they have been the best posters in this forum) that I was under the impression that the new tranny could not be described by numbers because added a dimension that was missing in so far.
    Your comments seem to corrobarate those early predictions entirely a realization that on side pleases me (because I am an enthusiast Honda/Acura owner and love to have such a pick available) and on the other saddens me (because I will not be on the larket until the '07 model).
    Going back to the car technical specifications may I ask everyone and above all our tech gurus Shotgun, Markcincinnati, robertsmx etc if now they have a comprehensive list of the spec that they feel posting here (I admit this may be a bit of a Flip/Flop from the june saturation I had on such items but presently I have not seen yet any magazine giving a full test to this vehicle and I am really looking forward to be able to look under the 'beautiful' skin of the new RL).
    Again, congratulations to you and to all people that have snatched one of these beauties from dealerships across the country.
    Truly,

Steve
  • jjacurajjacura Member Posts: 807
    I'm anxious to see the white with parchment too...have a similar combination on our TL and it works for us. Just returned from Houston where we viewed a Meteor Silver RL on the back lot which was unsold. They also had one in black on black which was sold. All I have to say is...We loved the car. The sales rep was about as laid back as I have ever seen and this dealership. seemed ho hum about the RL period...nothing on the floor and no demo ready...this was on the 14th. Apparently they will be ready to show the car on Nov. 1st. Now that we are home it's time to get moving forward with a test drive here. Also it's good to be back reading this forum again and the contributions from the many knowledgeable contributers. Cheers!
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    I would be very surprised if the RL only does 7.5 0-60. I have heard it will do anywhere from 6- 6.5. Guess the official numbers will tell. If it does do about 6.5 I would be personally be very satisfied.

My BMW 540iA does 5.9-6.2sec 0-60 (depending on which magazines you believe in). My friend's G35 auto, which I have driven once, does 6.5sec (being RWD and lighter than RL). I have test driven RL, it felt a bit slower than G35 RWD auto. I would put RL's 0-60 time between 6.5 to 7.0sec. Very capable for most people. But, if you are spoiled by V8, you wouldn't be satisfied with it. However, if I live around mountains or in snowy weather, than I would buy an RL instead.
  • jjacurajjacura Member Posts: 807
    My wife and I were traveling for 3 weeks and I did not get on the computer much and actually missed not keeping up with this forum and the great feedback especially from those guys you referred too. I hope our host Kirstie etc...keeps this forum going as it has contributed greatly to those of us interested in the car.
    I'm going to have to close it on Nov 1, sadly. This has been one of my favorite discussions to read, as you've all been able to exchange a wealth of information and, most importantly, disagreements have been entirely civil. Amazing what an open mind can absorb, eh?

But take heart! We have a regular Acura RL discussion on the Sedans board. It's been neglected by RL lovers lately - no posts in nearly a month. I've taken the liberty of sweeping the floors and dusting the shelves in there to make it ready for the whole gang to move over. Please keep it tidy in there - the Sedans board host, pat, will enjoy inheriting a self-cleaning group :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Help a gal out, here:
    A journalist would like to interview an Acura RL driver who loaded his/her vehicle with lots of high-tech options.
    Please send your daytime contact info and a few words about your vehicle to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, October 25, 2004.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• olneymdolneymd Member Posts: 23
    Just got some bad news from AcuraCare regarding the only Verizon bluetooth phone on the market (Motorola V710). It's not compatible with the data connection features of the car - meaning no maintanance reminders, diagnostics, messages, etc. It will only work with the HandFree Link - that's it.

AcuraCare says that Verizon is supposedly working with Acura on this,,, but we all know what that means.

So - if you're a Verizon customer and want all of the data connection features (besides Handsfree), you're out of luck. Amazing how they don't tell you this when the mention the Motorola V710 as being compatible (in all fairness, it's not listed as a compatible phone on the web site).

Has anyone else found this problem?
    Thanks for the info, nebraskaguy and readyformyrl. I agree that to have to lock using the dimple/button on the door is kind of pointless. I mean, what not just stick with the fob remote? If they wanted to use this technology, I think they should have gone all the way and have a system like the one on the Infiniti FX, or the Corvette's.

(BTW, why did I say "work" instead of "walk"? Must have been a Freudian slip since I was slacking off at the office and surfing on Edmund's!)
    >>I agree that to have to lock using the dimple/button on the door is kind of pointless. I mean, what not just stick with the fob remote?

Well, I'd have preferred it to lock automatically, but, at least with the dimple I don't have to fumble for the key fob. I put my key fob in my pocket at the beginning of the day and don't have to remove it again until I get home at the end of the day. A small thing, but nice, nonetheless.
    Good point. I wasn't thinking about the fact that you also don't need to use the key to start the car.
    Also, I'm so clumsy, I was always dropping my keys in the snow, a puddle, etc. I was always paranoid that I'd drop my keys down a sewer grate or similar. Now, I put my keys in my pocket at my front door and no more worries.
    My folks own a boat and I grew up sailing on it. I learned early on that you put your keys deep in your pockets before walking out onto the docks. I can see how this might help.
    Does anyone know the price of the extended warranty? Either the 7/75 or the 7/100? I have to believe that it is worth it if the car is to be kept awhile with all the electronics and especially the SH-AWD.
    If this car does do 0-60 around 6.5 I would be very happy. I think way to much is made of the 0-60 and not enough attention paid to the overall quality build. Ofcourse this car will not be as quick as a 540 V-8, but it is loaded with other equipment not on the 540 for alot less money.
    Since we're on the subject, I now keep my keys on one of those slinky plastic chain things to act as a sort of safety harness. This is especially useful when wearing dress pants where the pockets are loose and keys could drop out when you're, say, sprinting across 4 lanes of traffic.