Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Bonneville

Comments

• smfransmfran Member Posts: 432
    HEY LOUD - NICE WHEELS AND SOUND!!!
    How's your hearing? :-)
    Seriously, your car reminds me of a cross between my '88 Black SE and my '94 SLE. Thanks for providing the link.
    Ken - Since we've now reached your goal of 1000 posts and are starting over, it looks like I'm #1!
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    We made it over the top of the 1000 posting level - congrats to Smfran Stephen for being The Man - the BONNEVILLE MAN! With 5 Bonnevilles in your history file - you're # ONE, buddy! BTW - hope you've gotten my email this morning - list and pic. Thanks for yours.

Cameron - Loud_Pontiac - I think it's a hissing Black Cobra - those eyes do it for me! Ready to strike with that killer sound system!

Rich - boosted1 - Congrats to you on the SSEi! What a fabulous new ride - I'm jealous! I will add your data to my growing forum list here. you've broken the tie on Dk Bronzemist vs Midnight Blue as the second most popular color to Black.

Dan the Iceman - you'll have to buy the cubans, brother! BTW - Ice is breaking up here - hope you don't melt anytime soon.

Have a great day all

Ken
  • jakec1jakec1 Member Posts: 10
    My 2000 Bonneville is a SLE, Black, Dk gray leather,sunroof, all options except chrome wheels and CD changer..11000 miles, purchased 2/2000. List $30,000 Paid $26,700 & got free 5yr. warranty. Never been back to dealer. Love it!!
    I am very happy with the performance of the SLE and am more into cosmetics. I have tinted the windows and run dark tinted licence plate covers.($50.00 fine here for no front plate) I "dechromed it and removed all those ugly stickers.
    My wife made some great padded covers for the terrible headrests.
    I planned on adding an aftermarket CD changer to save $$ but found out that they don't make one to fit the new radios!! Anyone know of one that will work?
    The Carbon Fibre dash kit is $220. I would like to know if anyone has seen one .
    The Black is beautiful but hard to keep looking good, lots of tiny "scratches" Where do you get the 3M glaze?
    Very few Bonnevilles in Nebraska, but that makes us more exclusive. Later.. Jake
  • h101h101 Member Posts: 62
    Iceman.... interesting discussion over there. I couldn't resist throwing my two cents worth into the fray (including the no-tags photo I took for this forum). The statement over there I made about my cousin's 740i is true... the thing has been a pain in the rear ever since he got it. And... I cannot for the life of me understand why someone would want a manual transmission in a big black sedan.... sigh.
    I've got you added to my spreadsheet here - first black SLE I've recorded. Interesting - the SSEi guys are heavily prejudiced to black but SLE and SE cover the spectrum on colors.

Enjoy that great Bonneville ride.

Ken
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    There's a description on how to post a photo to the discussion over on the "Showcase Your Vehicle" forum. You will need a digital image (JPEG format is best) either from a digital camera or a scanned photograph. You will also need to place the file on the internet in a place that everyone can access. If you don't have access to a Web server, then you can place it on a personal web page (many internet access providers offer this service) or use one of the many web sites that host photos for free. Then place the html link to your image file within your post.
    Here's another site that can store your pics and is readable here in the forum. See my pic at post # 571 above using that site.

Dan - we might be driving north of the border sometime this summer - love those Canadian vacations - great parks and sights and Gotta love the exchange rate for us Yanks. Did Montreal in Sep with my wife for an anniversary trip - great city. Visited Niagara a couple years ago and Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia before that. I think New Brunswick - St Stephen's area (not you SMFRAN!) this June might be the plan. Haven't been to Quebec City in a few years either - always a great escape. Going to have to send for the tourist book - you Canadians do a super job promoting travel and making it enjoyable for us vacationers.

Ken
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Member Posts: 419
    Ken, we normally fly to Maine at Easter usually about the time the ice is gone from our "pond". Probably not this year since my wife is having back trouble and can't sit for the 2 hour flight. The last two years in a row, I've gotten stuck in a rental car trying to get back to our place. Last year, after bending the rear trailing arm on a Lumina trying to get it out of the mud, I had to use a sledge hammer to bend it back sort of straight so the car would go in a more or less straight line. Forgot to mention it when I returned it.
  • blk2001blk2001 Member Posts: 13
    CONGRATS, JAKE ON THE NEW "BLACK" BONNEVILLE!
    YOU CAN PURCHASE THE 3M IMPERIAL HAND GLAZE AT ANY PAINT/ BODY SHOP SUPPLY/AUTO PARTS STORE. IT'S GOOD STUFF.
    HAS ANY BODY USED THE ONSTAR FEATURE YET? I JUST HAVE THE ENTRY LEVEL VERSION. ANYBODY GET THE UPGRADES?
  • vtech83vtech83 Member Posts: 66
    I guess the same reason anyone wants a Firebird Formula instead of a Trans Am. I'm sure this issue has been brought up more than once in this forum, but the SLE/SSEi styling just isn't for everyone. IMHO, the SLE/SSEi is a little overdone. The SE isn't quite as loud, but it still says sports sedan and it still says Pontiac. I saw a Maple Red SE on the road the other day and it was just a beautiful car. I'm not sure what the breakdown is on SE vs SLE vs SSEi sales, but I would guess that most buyers are either going with the SE or SSEi models. It seems to me that if you want the SSEi look, you'll want all of the hardware that goes with it. If I'm not mistaken, there are other options available on the SSEi that are not available on the SLE.

I'm an old Pontiac owner, twice actually. Had a 1979 Sunbird that got me through my college years and then bought a black and gold 1984 Trans Am as soon as I could afford one. I had actually been thinking about buying a late model Formula, but decided to be a little more responsible.

One thing about the Bonneville that I miss in the LeSabre is the interior. Bonneville has the best interior of all the G-bodies. Better stereo, too. Too bad the GM weenies have designed these stereos to be hands off.

Enjoy your ride.

- vtech83
    Michael - I think you and I would both like to take a LeSabre LTD and a Bonneville SE and do some transplant surgery to both - ending up with an elegant but not too conservative looking turnpike cruiser that handles effortlessly yet solidly with ability to take curves on rails and can outrun anyone that gets in the way - at 30 mpg.

Let's set up shop!

Ken
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Member Posts: 143
    Iceman,
    Hehe...see how popular the Bonnie is? We're even debating it in another forum! I just put in my 2 cents over there.

BTW: Do you perchance live near Toronto? I took a road trip up their a few years back with my '99 Regal GS during the summer. I don't know how the roads are up there during the winter, but I really *loved* (sarcasm) those 'collectors' on the highway outside Toronto. A few tense minutes trying to merge across 5 lanes :)

Smfran,
    Forgot if I responded or not, but I remeber about 30+ posts ago, you said something about Taiwan in relation to my little flag? It's really Florida as in the Sunshine State. The Taiwanese flag just represents my heritage on my mother's side and I thought it would breakup the slew of Red, White, and Blue (oh, and the Maple Leaf!) in here. I checked my profile and saw how it came out. Sorry about any misunderstanding!

To all,
    Saw two Bonnies yesterday: one a '59 hardtop coupe and the other a '58 sedan, both just crusin' in a Bonneville fashion. Beautiful cars!

Oh, and today I had a Lexus driver tell me I had 'awesome rims'. Man, it feels good to drive a Bonneville!
    Now how about a possible Bonneville meeting in that village of Pontiac Quebec? I was thinking in terms of a Canadian trip - and at the same time wondering if any other Bonneville owners might have interest in a planned meet somewhere - this could be an appropriate spot.

Comments? Ideas?

Ken
    Actually, since I happen to know a little bit about cars, it probably would not be that hard to take an SSEi and replace the body panels with those from an SE.

You know, I would have bought the SE, even without the SC engine, if Pontiac had offered the following options on the car (LeSabre LTD has all this):
    • Heated mirrors
    • DIC
    • HUD
    • Auto-dimming rear view mirror
    • Memory seats
    • 12-way power seats
    • StabiliTrak
    • Magnasteer
    Some of the other stuff available on the SLE/SSEi, I could have added myself, like:
    • Stiffer suspension
    • Dual exhaust
    • 17" or 18" wheels/tires
    • Supercharger
    If I could have my way with the LeSabre LTD right now, this would be the list:
    • A little stiffer suspension. Probably a 30mm solid front stabilizer bar and a 25mm solid rear stabilizer bar. This is going to be tough since no one in their right mind would make a bigger stabilizer bar for a Buick LeSabre. Currently, I have a 29mm front and 18mm rear bar, both tubes as opposed to solid.
    • 17x8 wheels with 245/50-17 tires. Believe it or not, this is actually an unusual tire size. Currently, my car has 225/60-16 tires, the same as in your SE. The two tire sizes have an almost identical circumference, meaning that the speedo would not be affected by the wheel/tire swap. This is probably the easiest thing to do. Only three tire manufacturers make a 245/50-17 size, but they are available.
    • Dual outlet exhaust. This is easy. Use the same setup as the Bonneville SLE or SSEi. I could walk to the nearest Pontiac dealership and get them off the rack. I’d probably use a pair of muffler with twin outlet exhausts. Don’t think I would go with any type of cat-back exhaust. I’ve heard that some GM computers go crazy when you start messing with backpressure. Besides, I think the car would be a little too noisy.
    • Better front seats. As I’ve said, the seats are OK, but could use more lateral support. Bonneville seats, front and rear, should fit in perfectly. I’m sure I could get the seats, but I’m afraid to ask the nearest Pontiac dealer how much $$$ it would take.
    • Engine mods. K&N filter and 180 degree thermostat. And of course, I’d probably bolt on an Eaton M90. I wonder if the guys at the Buick dealership could do that. I’ve got the LeSabre Service Manual from Helm Inc. and they’ve even got a section on how to install the supercharger! I thought that was odd. I’m sure a lot of stuff in the Helm books is used in different manuals, like the Bonneville and Park Avenue. Of course, I don’t know how the stock LeSabre computer would react to a supercharger. Wonder if the computer from the Park Avenue would work? Might need a heavy-duty gearbox for the transaxle if I put on a SC. I could see myself going crazy with other engine mods, though.
    Well, that’s what I would do to the LeSabre. Maybe when the warranty runs out. You know, its hard to believe, but I actually get a lot of compliments on this car. Probably because I spray it with Meguiars Final Inspection about every third day. Keeps it looking first day new!

Mike
  • wayniacwayniac Member Posts: 2
    Gents,
    I've been reading these postings with great interest since Bonnie came home with me, but since Ken is cataloging everyone, I figured I'd join in.

The particulars: 2000 SSEi, 11,000 miles so far (since October), Silver, Gray interior, sunroof, heated seats. Didn't want the sunroof (6'2"), but couldn't find a reasonable deal without one at the time.

Only mod done is the drop-in K&N filter. That will probably be it for mods, because I have neither inclination or talent to go farther. I am living vicariously through the rest of you.

Only problems so far were a couple of burps from the computer. Engine ran rough for about five minutes one time (service engine soon light came on), then self corrected. Another time, security system warning came on, but went off after cycling ignition. Neither has happened again.

As for the minimal number of these machines on the road (I've only seen one SSEi), I have a theory. I think we are all going the same speed, and thus will never catch up with each other. Of course that same speed precludes us from looking for Bonnies on the other side of the road (being the safety minded bunch we are).

That's all for now.
    Welcome to the vocal portion of the board! Sounds like a pretty sweet ride. Interestingly, my SSEi (like yours, except for heated seats) was driven home by me in October.

Oh, and your theory about us SSEi owners might be correct!

Enjoy your car!
  • ezraponezrapon Member Posts: 348
    engine mods are always welcome additions to any car and seem to be appreciated here quite a lot. However, the 3.8 and the 3.8 s/c engines are different animals. The s/c is much-much stronger in areas around the crank webbing, main bearings, pistons, rods and so on. If the S/c bug ever really bit you hard... swap one out. I still think building a non S/C engine would be more fun and less head aches than the eaton way... for the record keeper... mine is black all options sans changer... do have a rockford fosgate xlc subwoofer to round out the weak bose system.
  • boosted1boosted1 Member Posts: 90
    Noticed that my temp gauge reads 200 degrees F all the time. Is this the normal operating temp for this car?

TIA

Rich

P.S. Didn't take long to program all the memory features, just sounds daunting as you read through the owners manual for the first time.
    I'm really enjoying this forum. I started in it over a year ago and am enjoying it now more than ever. Thanks to all who keep it alive and for providing links to broaden our horizons.

Iceman - You really stirred things up over in that other discussion. How could anyone misjudge your integrity? I see a clear difference in "personality" between Pontiac and BMW fans.
  • h101h101 Member Posts: 62
    I really put my foot in my mouth over at the "Return of GM" group with an off hand remark that most taxis are domestic. Within eight hours of the post there were so many derogatory responses that I thought it must be a forum based somewhere in the Balkans. Guess I'll stick close to home from now on. :-)
  • theicemantheiceman Member Posts: 736
    We need you there. IMO, the Bonneville exemplifies everything that GM is doing right today. This is the car that pulled me over from the "dark side" (a.k.a my days of blind import snobbery) and with good reason: from front to back, this car is well designed and executed. Every shot fired at a Sunfire unfortunately sticks to the Bonneville and helps devalue an otherwise fine automobile. No, get back over there and do your duty. :)

theiceman
    My 2000 SSEi just gave up the ghost last night. All of a sudden with no warning, it developed a no crank-no start situation as if the neutral safety switch croaked or the ignition module didn't recognize any of the keys. Called the dealer and told him to haul it off. First time since delevery (2/00) that it has been back except for the initial build issues such as leaking trunk, stalling, running rough, vibration and pulling. Oh well.
    Wow - this is the best forum now I've seen - used to think the Lincoln LS and Maxima and Impala forums had it over us - no more! Good mix of hot rodders and more vicarious types, great discussions - fraternity feeling developing among the participants - Love it!!!

Wayniac - I've got you recorded here buddy. Thanks for stepping up to the plate. Please participate along with the rest of us - it's the diversity and active involvement that will keep this forum from getting stale.

Vtech - Mike - Love to see that LeSabre when you get it built the way you want. It will be worth holding onto for the long term if you get it built up.

Ezrapon - Rod - I don't think I'll be doing any special performance mods except perhaps the K&N if I find one for the SE model. I'm satisfied with what I've got here for now - BUT - I don't want to preclude the idea of eventually moving into an SSEi for a little more FUN!

Iceman - Dan - thanks for the links. Don't have time to check them out yet - later for certain. Didn't realize Ottowa is only 8 hours form Boston.

That's it for now - hope everyone has a SUPERCHARGED day!

Ken
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    I am curious. About five or six months after I took delivery of my Bonneville I received a "thank-you" gift in the mail from Pontiac - a compact disc carrying case. I guess I was expecting more, because after I bought my 1999 Tahoe, Chevy Truck sent me a very nice carrying case containing an insulated mug, a Maglite flashlight, an umbrella and a first-aid kit. Since the Bonneville was more expensive than the Tahoe, it seems like Pontiac is just being cheap. Now I know that my SSEi has that nifty trunk accessory kit, which includes a plug-in flashlight and first-aid kit. But SE and SLE models don't come with this kit.

Other than for the gift, I have not received anything else from Pontiac - no surveys, no junk mail (Chevy is always sending me Tahoe literature, as if they think I will be replacing my truck so soon), not even a "thank you" from the dealership (and they should thank me - they don't sell very many SSEi's!). Also, I was under the impression that Pontiac published a quarterly magazine for owners, but I have never received one. I got a special edition of this magazine at the 2000 Detroit auto show, and even though some of it is sales pitch, there was some interesting content for enthusiasts too (which makes them collectable).

Anyone with different experiences? Opinions?
  • snicklesnickle Member Posts: 147
    200 is the normal stock temp for the car. The Thermo is a 195 degree.

Some of use have changed to other thermos. I use a 180.
    OK guys - being the bashful sort of guy you all know me to be, I just couldn't resist getting my opinion posted into the GM forum mentioned above here. Looks like that's presently the hot spot for discussion - certainly controversial subject.

Come on lurkers - voice your thoughts - it's what makes this venue so interesting and entertaining!

Ken
    Thanks for tip about the guts of the S/C engine. I might have to rethink this a little down the road. I didn't think there was that much difference between the two motors. Do you know of any literature I could get my hands on regarding this, besides the Helm manuals?

Thanks.

Mike
  • blk2001blk2001 Member Posts: 13
    HI GUYS;
    DO YOU THINK GOING TO A 180 DEG THERMO AND A K&N FILTER REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE? BY THE WAY WHAT IS THE K&N PART NO.
    SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS, I'M NOT MAD!
  • dmckeowndmckeown Member Posts: 107
    Cool tunes man, your car looks like my 93 on the outside, but mine has the SLE package gray leather/sunroof treatment (and stock CD player)
    When I put a Thrasher engineering cold air induction kit in my 2000 SSEi I took the slip in K&N filter out . I was going to put it in my wifes 99 Grand Prix but as I was walking over to it in the driveway I noticed my 93 Bonneville was closer so I put it in that, so she didn't get it and doesn't really care cause her 3800 Ser 2 is more then she needs. But it perked up my 93 Bonnie with its 170 HP ser. 1 a bit. Same filter fits them all as far as I see it and its worth it!
  • dmckeowndmckeown Member Posts: 107
    Ezrapon pretty much hit it , there are a lot of diff. in the engines below the blower. Besides what he mentioned the heads are diff, fuel injection ports are in the heads on the L67's. Now if you like the looks of the 2000/2001 SE Bonneville or Lesaber but want the bigger HP punch the best way to go is get a super charged 3800 (L67) with transmission and PCM from a 2000/2001 SSEi and drop it in.
    Actually get it on the sub frame and it bolts UP in.
    This way car looks like a 205 HP SE or Lesaber but with the 3.25 dia. pulley, 180 deg term and CAI it goes like a 300 HP modified SSEi, that will really hurt the BMW guys snoby feelings. Got to get the whole package to make it work right.
    If any one gets serious I have just such a package in my garage, came out of my 2000 SSEi. I thought about getting a 2000 SE for just such a reason, could hurt a GTP's reputation when you walk him from a light! But I think I have to get another SSEi.
    I have been pretty busy at work but every once in awhile get the chance to check this site, sure is more active now. I haven't replaced my SSEi yet, hopefully soon. I could not pass up a real estate deal here on the lake so it may be a few months, land, they don't make it anymore you know! Like girls I should have got more when I was younger
    When I bought my Bonnie back in October, my dealer gave me some gourmet coffee and this nifty little pen/pencil set (with the dealer's logo engraved, of course!). Haven't gotten anything from Pontiac or GM, except for the monthly 'gift' from GMAC...I'd like to send THAT one back! :)
    Those people are just raving lunatics over there - must be road rage day. Better watch out on the way home - definitely do not want to cross their path!

Ken
    Oh,the shame and suffering of watching my beloved Bonneville disappear hooked up to a tow truck. Turned out to be the ignition module. I think I feel better when they said that they had not had one of the new Bonnevilles in with this problem. Of course, they didn't have one so I get to wait awhile until they do. Passed on the Sunbird loaner. I know the service manager reasonably well and asked him about the warranty if I changed the pulley. His answer was what I expected it to be in that the warranty is voided if in their judgement, the alteration contributed to whatever the problem was.
    Nice to have you back, Doug. Thought you had abandoned us.
    I had this exact same problem - i.e. you get accessory/perimter lights but no ignition. I was able to get it started by taking the key and waving it all over the dash before I tried to start. AND THAT WORKED. It turned out that it was the ignition module. I had posted this problem back around post #600 or so.

It was a simple replacement but it took them a few days to get the part in. The worst part of it was that this happened to me the day I took delivery AND they subsequently fessed up that there was a TSB out on these ignition modules. They put me in a nice '01 Regal while I was "inconvenienced" and they've promised me a remote starter as "compensation". I'm not crazy about those gadgets so I'll probably try to barter for sumptin else.

theiceman
    Thanks for info snickle.

Its been a while since I have had a temp gauge with numbers on it. I just wanted to make sure that everthing was O.K. (new car jitters)

Thanks again.
  • teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    Those import freaks are a real pain in the A**!!!
    I used to get a free Pontiac magazine. I wonder why it stopped.

The K+N part No. for the 2000 Bonneville is: MM33-2086.

It's great to see that dmckeown is still out there. Even though his 2000 bit the dust, I mean deer, he still is a Bonneville owner.
  • jashoujashou Member Posts: 18
    I am thinking about installing a 3.5 Pulley. What kind of performance increase should I expect? And are there any negatives in doing this?
    I saw this on ebay and thought I would pass it along. I will call pontiac tomorrow and see if I can get one for 2001. (I don't think its worth paying for one on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1128627986

• mackacmackac Member Posts: 3
    OK,guys, I know you all love your Bonnie's. My husband and I love the performance and handling of our 2000 SSEi, too. However, having been GM high-end owners for the last 30+ years (ouch! the ages !) we have repeatedly voiced our displeasure to GM about the road noise and air noise in the 2000 Bonnie and other GM unibody models.

Really, how can you totally enjoy driving along at 60+ mph when the air and road noise can't be drowned out by the radio? Before this we had a 1989 Delta Royale Broghum with 199,732 miles on it which gave us an absolute SILENT ride--no outside noise. THAT WAS LUXURY

For $34,000 + we should all expect the same. If enough of us tell GM about this, MAYBE they'll do something.

Oh, and I agree about the cupholders. Also, Pontiac stopped sending us the quarterly letter after I wrote them about the noise issue; thought maybe they took us off the mailing list, but no one else is getting the mag either????
  • ezraponezrapon Member Posts: 348
    I am in Destin (without the SSEl) for spring break. Internet access is real expensive from my condo so I have to hold off getting into the GM fray for now. I'll put my 2 cents in Saturday when I get home to St. Louis. ICEMAM: I did take a few moments to spank yodog on the other site... I feel sooooooo bad! Good to see the deer hunter post again! Why not drop that monster into an old 88 park ave. (electra) T-Type if you can find one... what a sleeper.
    Picking up my kids at daycare last night, one of their friends calls over to me as she's getting into her car - "my dad loves your car...he thinks it's really nice". I replied that I agreed with her dad and that he must be a very smart man with a keen eye for automobiles. "Oh yes", she says, "he's always pointing out cars and telling me what engine they have and things like that but he really likes your car." By this time, the old man is looking a little sheepish but I pursued and asked the little girl if she knew what engine was in the Bonnie. You know what? she got it right - she even knew that mine wasn't supercharged! 8 yrs. old! Their car is the last of the line rwd Olds Cutlas Supreme - I think with the 307 under the hood. Just the beginnings of rust in the traditional places. That car doesn't owe him a thing.

Anyway, it brought a smile to my day - hope it does something for you guys.

theiceman
  • scottnsc1scottnsc1 Member Posts: 16
    I picked up my new Bonnie on Wed. and then yesterday we received about 2 inches or rain. When I popped the trunk this morning about 2 cups of water came out from under the lining of the trunk lid. It poored down directly on a portable CD player I had back there. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I had seen a mention earlier of leaky trunks. Does anyone know if there is a repair that can be done or do I just need to keep a couple of towels in the trunk?

Other than that I love the car. I get lots of compliments, and it is a blast to drive.
    Hi Karen - haven't heard from you since September when you responded to my request for info as I was evaluating Bonnevilles and others. Now that I'm firmly encamped here in Bonneville land I'm compiling a list of forum participants and the basic specs on their Bonnevilles. What color is your 2000 SSEi? What interior and equipment?

Your comment about noise is well taken - I do notice wind noise and the whooshing you refer to and at times wonder if it is the same as what the LeSabre people were referring to as a kazoo sound. Compared to my old flying brick Grand Marquis though - this is a vast improvement!

BTW - Karen - did you ever live in NH? If not I know your namesake.

Ken
  • snicklesnickle Member Posts: 147
    I don't find the road noise bad at all in my 2000 SSEi. A little drone from my exhaust mods, but not bad at all. The Car and Driver review of the car even commented on how quiet it was.
    Yes - I've changed my mind - this forum can continue to be the interesting central point but the owner's club is a good place to post threads of problems etc. I also like the idea of the chat time and would love to go live with you guys.

Ken
  • teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    Is a great idea. I don't see why the Bonneville guys reject it at first...
    I think we needed to see the advantages of the owner's club. I'm still not ENTIRELY convinced but it is a no lose from the perspective that this thread will remain where it is & will also be accessible through the club. Plus, that will allow us to put related links in one neat place. Oooh, how about the Return of GM's Might thread? Just kidding - don't worry, I haven't lost my mind (I mean, not just yet).

Saw a black SSEi with Chrome wheels - pulled into the parking garage in my building right in front of me this morning. We have a few investment firms and high-priced consultants in our building so there are some nice autos (new Volvo coupes, Boxsters, Z3's and the like). Not too many 2001's. I wonder why....

theiceman
  • skyhawk3skyhawk3 Member Posts: 42
    I have a 2001 and the wind noise is not noticeable until I am way over the speed limit. I opened my trunk in the morning after heavy rain and the accumulated beaded water on the trunk lid ran off into the trunk compartment as I lifted the lid. Other wise it has been dry. I have received no magazine or gifts from Pontiac, only a questionaire and a reminder two days later to fill it out.
This discussion has been closed.