Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Bonneville

Comments

• snicklesnickle Member Posts: 147
    As used to be a regular poster,I thought I wouldsay good-bye. I havethe replacement for my 2000 SSEi on order (2005 Dodge Magnum RT). I loved my SSEi, but the $20K in repair it got before the extended warranty company went under and the $5k it needs now, tells me to try a different vehicle.

Good luck with you Bonnie's
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    Other possible causes:
    Front tires with different tire pressures.
    Different rolling diameters - within specs but 1 at each end of allowable limits.
    - Ray
    See both cause such . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • jeffbogjeffbog Member Posts: 63
    I really have to wonder what was in need repair that is roughly 80% of the purchase price of your car. If you really want to help those of us that still have these Bonnevilles, how about sharing some of the problems that are up to 25K? I can understand wanting to get a rear wheel drive 300 hp new car, but what went so terribly wrong?

Although I have considered moving on, you gotta love the ride and the realized 29+ highway mpg at 80 on my recent 800 mile trip. Sure I have had a few issues, but with just about 40K, none have been out of pocket yet. If you come back, how about sharing some of the history.
  • snicklesnickle Member Posts: 147
    Random dump from memory:

Alternator (twice)
    Two transmisions( 1st one lost 4th,2ndonelast 3rd a month later).
    Power steering rack and lines (That needs to be replaced again.)
    Both rear window motors
    Front passenger caliper seized
    Driver lumbar support
    Driver heated seat
    Radio

Can't remeber what else. I love the car, but ... I realize my experience is not typical.

Oh and the Magnum RThas 340 hp and 390 torque :-)
  • bunky36bunky36 Member Posts: 94
    fgeorge2: How did the repaint turn out?
  • fgeorge2fgeorge2 Member Posts: 15
    I'm pleased with the job. The technician did a great job in masking off the braking surface. From what I'm told, all the rotors came off the car. The color is very close to OEM. Can't figure out what they used, as the work order just says "NPN - Paint" for material. I was worried about them chipping the red painted calipers, but they're fine.

Did you see your dealer yet? I know that your car was not as bad as mine.
  • cglassercglasser Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone. I've had my GXP since March 31, and while I love the car for the most part, I am alarmed by the very poor gas mileage I'm getting. My 2002 SSEi averaged about 23 MPG for me, but my GXP is only averaging 18. More disturbing is that I took it on a 300 mile road trip this weekend, and it only averaged 19 MPG in pure highway driving - well short of the advertised 24 MPG on the window sticker. Had I known this car was going to drink so much fuel, I very likely would not have bought it.

Are you other GXP owners seeing this type of fuel consumption? While I understand that I may not get exactly the mileage advertised on the window sticker, I have always gotten within 1-2 MPG of that figure with other cars I've had (like my '98 Regal GS and 2002 SSEi). I think that 5 MPG less than the advertised figure is excessive. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your input!
    "19 MPG in pure highway driving - well short of the advertised 24 "
    That is very disappointing.
    How many miles do you have on your GXP?
    - Ray
    Expecting it to equal EPA - if highway driving (in your case) = less than 80 mph and light traffic . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Same here. I traveled from Detroit to Cincinnati and got 19.3 MPG for the trip. My average around the city here is about 18.5 MPG combined city/hwy.
  • evandroevandro Member Posts: 1,108
    Are those GXPs broken in yet? It does take about 1000mls...
    3,200 miles on mine. Really haven't seen any improvement since day 1. Had 2 SSEi's prior to the GXP - knew the V8 would be a bit worse in the city.
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    Did you exceed 48mph average on these trips? That is the average speed in the 10 minute EPA highway mileage test. Was the car fully warmed up when you started? It is in the EPA test. Did you do the run without having to idle the engine? It dosen't idle in the EPA test. I think I even recall that the EPA figure is arrived at by measuring the exhaust output, not the gas used. The EPA test isn't intended to give you and idea of the gas mileage you may get on the car the numbers are on. It is so you may compare the relative gas mielage of different cars, knowing they were tested under the same conditions. And I wouldn't consider it "advertised", as much as post per federal regulations.

Another variation sometimes would be using a trip computer vs. actual calculations.
    Nothing had changed on my rotors when I took it in to the dealer--they looked the same. I showed them the photo of your rotors. They said your rotors obviously didn't get coated properly and they would do the same as your dealer did--repaint them. They said the coating on my rotors was fine and that what I had was a little surface rust mixed with brake dust that was coming off the new braking surface. They said it won't get any worse now that the braking surface has been established, and that some acetone would remove the surface stuff that I didn't like. They put some acetone on a rag and sure enough it came off. So I went home and removed it all using my wife's nail polish remover (acetone). That was a week ago, and everything looks fine so far.

While I was at the dealership (a Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac dealership), I checked out several cars on the lot. I found the same thing on all Pontiacs and Cadillacs, but, interestingly, not on any of the Buicks. They also had a GTO in the showroom that showed no rust on the rotors, but the area coated silver on the GXP was black on the GTO. That might be another solution if the rust comes back--the black also made the GTO silver wheel stand out pretty well. We'll see what happens over time.
    I have 1,200 miles on mine but all I've done is city driving so far. I get between 17-18 mpg. Not as good as the 21 I used to get on the SSEi, but about what I expected. I have some highway trips planned for the next couple of months. I am expecting 24-25 @ 70-75. Sounds like I might be disappointed.
    GXP highway mileage

Looking at some numbers . . .

GXP final drive: 3.71

4th gear O/D ratio in MX0 / 4L65-E? (also used in new ‘Vette): 0.70

Optional (performance) final drive ratio ’06 ‘Vette: 3.15
    (I wonder why a 3.5 to 3.7 is not even available on the GM performance flagship?)

Hmmm . . . 17% deeper overall ratio, assuming similar sized (rolling diameter) 18” tires = significantly higher rpm at cruise.

Corvette EPA highway: 25
    (And anecdotal evidence suggests that number is attainable.)

The ‘Vette weighs less and is more aerodynamic.

17% less fuel mileage than the ‘Vette would equal approx. 23.25 mpg.

Still not as bad as you are reporting.

But does make a case for a 5-speed automatic – with a wider ration spread.
    Curious.
    - Ray
    Wondering if no 5-speed automatic for high torque FWD applications means GM has decided that all performance cars will be RWD / AWD – and what that might mean for future of the G6 and GP / GTP???
    2022 X3 M40i
    The final drive ratio doesn't help the mileage and it might be the actual culprit (plus lower efficiency around town of a V8).

PS: FWDs use the 4T65-E, not the 4L65-E.
    "The final drive ratio doesn't help the mileage"
    Exactly.
    - Ray
    Still hoping 24+ mpg is possible on the highway . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Has anyone tried this stuff? I just bought some - they have a website at www.langka.com. Anyway, the first stone chip just appeared recently on my hood. You use the manufacturers touch-up paint to create a very slight blob at the site and after it dries, smooth the area with the Langka liquid applied to a t-shirt rag wrapped around a blue "credit card" in the kit. After some patience, the recess is filled and the surrounding area is untouched and blob free. According to them, only works on lacquer touch-up paint - doesn't work on OEM clearcoat.
    I have used it for about three years now. It works very well--not so well that you can't tell where the chip was, but a lot better than just putting a blob of paint in the chip and calling it done. It does a good enough job that someone looking at the car who didn't know where the chip was would likely not see it. And it doesn't affect the surrounding clearcoat like they say. One lesson I learned: when they say let the blob dry, they mean it. So I let it harden for a couple days before I use the stuff. If you don't, it will just take the whole blob out of the chip and you are back to square one. I found that depending on the depth of the chip, in a day or two the touch-up paint usually settles into the chip such that it requires another blob or two to eventually get the blob a little higher than the surrounding surface. So it's not a fast process if done right, but it looks pretty good when you're done.
    Appreciate the post - gives me some comfort now to try it.
  • ezraponezrapon Member Posts: 348
    as a former T/A owner, you fully understand the rumble of which I speak. I used to leave the engine run as I filled up my LS1... better than the Monsoon. The GXP was rather quiet at idle. I do miss the toys my SSEi had; the HUD, memory seats, DIC, and auto locking. The G-35 (black coupe) has a build quality GM will never get close to, but has a bit of a harsh ride and is very close in the interior. The G-35 has a better balanced stereo, much more agile, but it too has a funny exhaust note. Snickle... Good to see ur post...long time, back in the day of Intense and his pro street SSEi. My SSEi was a service dept's dream. 18 visits. Sold it the week after the warranty expired. I think the steering shaft was bad at the time... sold it to the dealer who sold it to me...only fair.
  • hammen2hammen2 Member Posts: 1,284
    The discounts on the new GXP are getting ridiculous. I had my wife's GTP in for service yesterday and was sizing up a new GXP (blue, XM, HUD, sunfoor, heated seat) which stickered at over $38k. There's $5k factory rebate, plus another $1k for GM card holders, who can use up to $2750 GM card dollars, and then there's the GM In The Driveway certificates I can get which knock a sizeable chunk of change off the list price. Bottom line, I can take a GXP home (no trade, not including any down payment including TTL) for a little over $28k. I'm going to take a test-drive tonight...

I'm tempted, but I'm really about 6 months early (just finished paying off my '98 Aurora). I don't know what interest rates are going to do over the next six months, but, after seeing a co-worker's new 300C at lunch, I'll come right out and say that the GXP is overpriced for what you get. I'm not a huge fan of the front end of the 300C (though it's Bentley-esque look is growing on me), but the interior is very nice and it's got loads of power. Loaded, the sticker on his was $34k. I'm not buying one, though :-)

I probably will hold off until later this year, saving up my $$$, and hope the incentives stay high like they are now.

--Robert
    who also thinks the new STS is in a little trouble compared to the 300C
    I hope that that ugly body conquers many buyers. Then we might start getting the competition offering full-size, high-power V8 sedans in a price range for peasants like me.

Of course, it'll be easy for others to better the 300C in style: it's hard to be uglier than that... thing.
    Thanks to all who replied to my posting about GXP gas mileage. To answer a few of the questions posted by various individuals:

1) My car had over 1500 miles on it at the time I took the trip. And like another poster noted, I haven't really noticed any change in the overall gas mileage since I got it new with just 9 miles on it.

2) It was indeed warmed up when I hit the Reset button on the gas mileage display in the Driver Info Center. After 150 miles driving on the highway at 70-75 MPH, it was only getting 19 MPG. My 2002 SSEi posted 26-27 MPG during similar trips.

3) I understand that the EPA estimate is not really "advertised" mileage, and I guess I shouldn't have referred to it that way. However, as I noted in my first posting, other cars I've owned have always come pretty close to getting the EPA estimated rates - this is the first time the EPA estimates have differed so much from my actual mileage.

If anyone with a GXP manages better than 22 MPG on the highway, I'd love to hear from you!
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Have you checked the mileage the old-fashioned way? -- miles driven (odometer and interstate milepost readings) divided by gallons to refill.

It's odd the mileage is that much lower. My last several GM cars all do much better than highway on interstate or openroad driving. 29 becomes 33; around town 20 becomes 22 even with my wife driving and short trips of 1-2 miles. This is a 3800 engine.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I got new tires on my Bonneville this week to address the infamous vibration at specific speeds (70MPH in my case). So far, so good. It's great to have a smooth ride on the highway again.

Not a bad deal to get new tires after over 30000mls., expensive tires by the way. Yet, this TSB states that a new lower control arm may be needed for my car's VIN. Let's hope for the better...
    I took a short 400 mile highway trip this weekend from Wichita to Kansas City and back on the Turnpike at a steady 70-75. The car has 1,700 miles on it. Got 20.5 going up and 19.5 coming back. There was a little bit of in-town driving on each end, but not much. Going to take a longer 800 mile run this next weekend up into Nebraska and back. I used to get 27-29 in my SSEi on the same trips, sometimes even over 30 on some stretches. I think getting the GXP to 22 will be a real challenge. While I was in KC, I saw a parked crimson tintcoat GXP. The bodyside cladding was clearly a slightly different shade of crimson than the rest of the car. That would not make me happy if I was the owner of that car.
    I assume you've used cruise-control most of the time, right?

What's the RPM for the GXP cruising at 70MPH?
    Bummer - I would be pretty annoyed at that drop in fuel mileage.
    - Ray
    Wondering if there is something mechanically wrong with your particular vehicle . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    70 mph rpm = 2250. I think I remember the SSEi being about 1750 @ 65 mph. I really don't think there's anything wrong with the car since others are reporting similar mileage. The facts that it's about 250-300 pounds heavier than the SSEi because of the V8 and the 4T80E transaxle, it has 2 more cylinders to feed, and the 4T80E has a 3.71 ratio versus the 3.05 in the SSEi (I think that was the ratio of the 4T65E in the SSEi) probably explain the drop in mileage. In any case, with the price of gas what it is today, I'd like to be getting better mileage, but all in all it's performing about as I expected. I'm maybe a tad disappointed in the highway mileage so far, but not so disappointed that I'm sorry I bought the GXP. It really is a sweet ride, it looks fabulous, I love the engine/exhaust sound, especially at or near WOT, and it gets lots of attention and looks. Most want to see under the hood. Guess they want to see if it really is a V8.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Just for fun I calculated some numbers. Probably not realistic, but interesting anyway.

Based on 15000 miles per year.

at 20 miles per gallon a car will use 750 gallons.

at 29 miles per gallon a car will use 517 gallons.

so in this case the 20 mile per gallon car will use 233 more gallons per year than the 29 gallon car.

at the current price around me of $2.15 per gallon this would result in an additional $500 spent on gas. Which is about $1.37 per day.

If you truly enjoy your ride $1.37 per day is not all that much. Gas prices have certainly gone way up as of late but are still not as high as they were in the 80's when adjusted for inflation. Congrats to all of those enjoying their new GXP's.
  • bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    Picked up the new GXP on Saturday. It's not the car I originally ordered (per dealer I ordered from, Pontiac closed the line down to ramp up for the '05s). Ended up with Greystone metallic over Pewter leather, all options except CD changer and engine block heater. Best options are the XM Satellite radio and the HeadsUp Eye display. Don't know if I'll ever have another new car without them. Bought the car from multi-GM dealer at the DE shore that I enjoy dealing with but had no GXP when I started looking. Got the negative word on the factory order on previous Thursday, bought the car following Saturday (made deposit), the car was delivered following Monday from the factory to the dealer where is was stored inside, and picked up the car this past Saturday (had to go to work in VA between these times--need to pay for it!)

Don't know why, but after 3-hour trip on Sunday afternoon from DE shore, I really believe it was meant for me to have this particular car. So far, 170 miles, and I am enjoying it more each time I get behind the wheel. It's simply beautiful. Gave a co-worker a ride home today, and he was extremely generous with his compliments. He drives a Mercedes and was really taken with the GXP's looks, and was really won over when I started it up--he kept talking about the "throaty exhaust".

Glad my ordering "problem" worked out the way it did--I saved $8K off sticker and used coupon from GM for first two payments on GM. Another $1K off! I appreciate this site and am glad I now own a GXP. I'll be checking back time-to-time, especially interested in mileage as most (3/4) of mine will be highway (back and forth from VA to DE).
    Since 90% of my driving is in the city, I ran the numbers comparing the 17 mpg of the GXP and the 21 I used to get in the SSEi. Turns out I'll be paying just a hair under $1.00 a day more to drive the GXP. I can handle that.

Since Pontiac has shut down the line on the '04's, I wonder how many GXP's were produced. A long time ago I read somewhere that Pontiac wanted to crank out about 4,000 of them. I imagine production numnbers are available somewhere. Anybody know?

Anybody have an opinion on that 3M film that I've seen some guys put on the front of their cars to protect against rock chips? I was fussing to a friend about a bad experience I had with a bra on a previous car, so he brought his '02 Corvette by to show me the film. I told him it looked good, but I was really not impressed. Maybe the installer wasn't very good, but it didn't fit very well around the parking lights--I saw several air bubbles there, it was loose in spots--mostly where it had to make tight turns/curves, and on the lower parts of the car it was installed in pieces--I saw too many lines where the pieces butted up against each other to suit me. And he said that the installer trimmed around the grill and parking lights using a razor blade. I imagine if he pulls the film off someday he will see razor lines where the cuts were made. I figure I'll just keep the car heavily Zaino'd and work on the rock chips with my Langka kit.
    “$1.00 a day more to drive the GXP”

I have heard people express the opinion that (for them) $30 a month or so is significant when referring to a monthly car payment. To each their own.

It seems to me, though, that the more difficult issue here is inability to achieve (let alone exceed) the EPA highway rating in extended 70 +/- mph cruising. In such driving, with my current vehicle, I can typically exceed the EPA rating by 2 or more mpg. A tank that included a recent day trip from Atlanta to Greenville, SC and back (approx. 250 miles) showed almost 3.5 over EPA. (My trip computer has proven to be quite accurate and consistent when compared to Excel calculation of actuals.) Of course, that was before I ran another 60 miles or so in Atlanta Metro area traffic conditions . . .

If I could not even achieve EPA on such a trip (one cold start, 250 miles at steady speeds with light traffic) I would be taking the car to my dealer.

Just my opinion. YMMV. (A lot, apparently!)

Cheers,
    - Ray
    Glad y’all are enjoying other aspects of the GXP . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Bunky - Check out www.stoneguard.com. They have a precision cut kit for the GXP - pricey though at $500.00. Use the product search engine and drill down to Pontiac. You'll find the GXP in the Pontiac folder.
    The SSEi had the 2.90 axle ratio (plenty of torque down below), the SSE had the 3.05.
    In an earlier post, it was pointed out that the EPA mileage tests are performed under controlled laboratory conditions and are designed to allow consumers to compare one car with another, not to predict what the average driver will actually experience. The highway test is a 10-mile run averaging 48 mph with a max of 60, engine warmed up, little idling time, no stops, etc. Go to the EPA website for a full description of the tests and a lot of other information: http://www.fueleconomy.gov.

I imagine I could get 24 highway if I just ran at 50 mph, too. That said, I also agree with what others have said -- that I have always been able to get close to the posted EPA highway mileage for whatever car I was driving (maybe +/- 2 mpg or so), so it's still a mystery to me why I can't get closer to 24 on the GXP. I know they test using pre-production prototypes, and maybe the GXP they tested was somehow configured differently that the production GXP, but probably not.

In any event, I'm off to Nebraska in a few minutes, so I'll report back on Tuesday.
    I did indeed check the gas mileage the old fashioned way just to be sure, and it seems that the mileage computer in the car is right on the money. So, I've decided that I simply won't leave the DIC on the gas mileage reading anymore - out of sight, out of mind. :-)

All in all, I'm still happy I got my GXP. My brother drove it for the first time yesterday and he seemed to get quite a kick out of the sound that V8 made as it roared up to 6500 RPM. Makes it all worth it. :-)
  • intense01intense01 Member Posts: 107
    Just picked it up - a 2004 Graystone GXP

M.S.R.P. was $37,420. With a $2,920 discount, $5,000 rebate and $1,609 GM card credit, my out the door price was only $27,891.

GREAT car too!

Now, we've gotta find a way to add some horsepower. Here's a thread I just started over at www.bonnevilleclub.com:

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19415

Anyone else have some good ideas?

Scott

2000 SSEi - 11.459 @ 117.48 MPH (1.652 60')
    2004 GXP - all stock (for now)
    Scott: Congrats on the GXP purchase! Fantastic price. I bought mine too soon--only got a $3k rebate plus the other stuff. Oh well. that's life.

Just got back from my trip to Nebraska. Picked a bad weekend to be traveling in this area --tornadoes and hail everywhere. All the tornadoes missed me but I managed to get hit with some light hail. Luckily, it was pretty light so no damage. Mileage was 23.8 going up and 20.8 coming back at 70-75 both ways. Had a tail wind going up and a head wind coming back. So that was a 22.3 average up and back. Better than the 20.0 I got going to Kansas City and back a week ago. The GXP has 2800 miles on it now. Maybe the increased total miles was a factor in the better mileage? Whatever. I'm happy. Maybe I can squeeze another 1 or 2 mpg out with a K&N filter and Mobil One. We'll see. I have another trip in August to Colorado across the Rockies and back.

I also rode in the back seat for awhile. It's very comfortable back there, but the best part of that ride was that I could hear the exhaust note even better. What a great sound!

I think I'll pass on the 3M film for the front. It is very pricey, doesn't reflect light very well for one thing, and my plan to keep the front end heavily Zaino'd worked well. The bugs all just easily washed off -- no bug/tar remover necessary, and no chips.
    Bunky - My car is the identical color as yours. Are you using Z-2 & Z-5 both? What about the ZFX additive? Is this really required?
    Thanks
    ZFX is not required, but I find it to be very useful. They only introduced it in the last couple of years. It replaces Z-1 entirely, and ZFX accelerates the polish curing process so that I can apply 2-3 coats of polish in just a few hours, whereas before it would take me all weekend to apply 3 coats using Z-1 and Z-2. One mistake people new to Zaino products make (me, too, when I first started using it) is they buff off the Z-2 before it is really dry. The only way to get the multiple coat buildup desired is to wait until each coat of Z-2 (or Z-5) is completely dry. The drying is the curing process when the polymer chains do what is called cross-linking. Wipe it off too soon, and the cross-linking is interrupted, and the coat build up doesn't happen. ZFX speeds up the curing/drying process a bunch. I also use Z-6 (very lightly) between each coat of polish I apply. I have some Z-5 and I have rarely used it, but it works as advertised on fine scratches. I also have some Z-7 car wash, but I only use that when the car gets really dirty. The rest of the time I only use water. The Zaino website says you should only use 100% cotton towels for polishing, and I used to do that, but don't anymore. I use microfiber detailing cloths and towels both for drying the car after washing (I stopped using a chamois years ago), and for polishing and buffing. They do a fantastic job especially on a dark car where you don't want to leave any water spots or streaks. The cotton towels picked up too much polish and other stuff to suit me.
  • motgmotg Member Posts: 6
    I have a couple of questions for GXP owners:

1) Does anyone have a thought about why there is no clip for hanging the gas cap tether to keep it from hitting against the body? None of the other GXPs or regular Bonnevilles that I checked had a clip or hook or whatever despite the indication in the owner's manual that one is there.

2) Has anyone figured out how to reconfigure the power door lock/unlock programming so that the doors do not unlock until the key is turned off? I'm not always ready for the doors to unlock when I put the vehicle in park. I've tried the procedure listed in the owner's manual many times without success.
    I sure hope that the gas cap tether hasn't been dropped. My '02 SLE has it and I love it!
    Oh, the tether is still there, there's just no place to loop it over to keep the cap away from the car while refueling.
  • fantascpfantascp Member Posts: 175
    I have a 98 SSE- I had to reset mine a few times when I had to disconnect the battery and re connect later etc-
    Mine is presently set that all doors remain LOCKED after the key is turned off. You must open each door manually or hit the power lock button to open the car doors after the ignition is turned off.

Two questions for you-

1.- If you do not have the DRIVER INFO CENTER
    are you holding down the driver side power door lock as you go thru the different modes? I made this mistake on my car and was getting mad as hell as everytime i turned the key off all the doors opened automatically until I re-read the instructions and realized I had to keep the door lock depressed and go through the modes on the key fob at the same time.(Pg2-7)

2. If you do have the DRIVER INFO CENTER- you must program the auto locks etc through the DIC
    -refer to pg 3-64 of your new owners manual for the proper programing.

I hope this helps- Good luck.

congrats and all the best - ALL YOU NEW GXP OWNERS!!!!
    Believe the answer is to stop by the dealer and have them update the control software to correct the error in the door lock system.
    I was wondering about this too. If I remember, the back side of the fuel door is embossed with "Strap Hanger", but there is just an open slot there. I'm looping the tether over the pump nozzle to prevent the cap from touching the body paint. GM should provide a fix for this oversight in my opinion as the owners manual clearly displays a clip there.
    Took the GXP to the dealer today. The technician spent an hour with a Tech II and was unable to program the door locks as advertised. Setting the locks for Mode 4 or Mode 5 produced results identical to Mode 2 and Mode 3, respectively. Mode 4 and Mode 5 are supposedly only available if the car has a DIC and all GXPs have DICs. The technician is going to call in the problem. The technician could not find any TSBs for this situation. Did find that a personalized start up message or greeting can be programmed in with the Tech II. My car now greets me by name in the DIC.
    It dosen't surprise me that the tech was unable to "program" the system, you were unable to "program" it also. As my source told me, there is an error in the programing. It needs to be updated by changing something. My friend bought his GXP around the end of April/ beging of May sometime, and the dealer was aware of the issue and took care of it before delivery. Tell you dealer to look for some sort of hot sheet message around that time for infomation.
This discussion has been closed.