Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• sweetjeldoradosweetjeldorado Member Posts: 94
    You must be the center of attention among us Cadillac enthusiasts. I have a question.

Lets say someone is making payments on a 60 month car note for three years now and that person wants to get a new or pre-own car. What if you want to buy or lease a preown automobile regardless if you still making notes on the current car, will the dealership pay off that trade in vehicle for you and it was added on the other payment on this new vehicle that you lease/buy? How does that system of transaction work when it comes to stuff like that? For example, lets say I saw a pretty preown '95 Eldorado ETC that has 54,000 miles on it with every option in the book and the asking price was $21,000. I own a car I am making payments on currently. Will the dealership pay off the post balance (exact amount without finance charge and APR that is deleted) to the financial lien or am I better off paying that car in full or until my very last car note to think about another car? After the dealership pay off my current car, will they put that buy-out figure from the current car (trade-in car) to the potential ETC purchase? How does that work? You can tell that I never done this before. Does it work the same way with leasing also or is it different? What about the same situation with a new 2001 model never driven?
  • tccad1tccad1 Member Posts: 46
    Lehr597: When a vehicle is a GM buyback, you must have signed a paper stating it was such. Read through that very carefully. Somewhere in there is where it states the warranty is 12months / 12,000. If you didn't sign something, and I assure you, I'm not a lawyer, but I believe the vehicle will be covered by either the dealership or GM for 48 months/ 50k miles. Honestly, It has been so long since I have seen the paperwork (about 2 years), I can't remember what it looks like. BTW, that tape might come in handy.

Sweetjeldorado: When ever you trade in a vehicle, that amount gets deducted from the selling price of the new or used one. When you have a balance, it gets added back to the total. For instance:

selling price: 30,000
    trade: 10,000
    difference: 20,000
    payoff: 9,000
    total to finance: 29,000

Payoff always gets added after applicable tax. When you lease a vehicle, it work no differently unless you have the vehicle paid off. There are actually a number of different ways to do this depending on what state you live in. In Illinois for example, let's say the customer wants a one pay lease (Make all payments up front, saves some interest), and he has a trade worth $25,000. The total of his payments are $23,000. I cut him a check for 2 grand. Sometimes a customer wants to receive some money back from his trade. This can also be done. You simply buy his car outright, separate from the lease deal, and give him a check for the difference between the down payment and the appraisal of his car. Leasing affords many different ways to go about the trade "problem" Buying the new or used one is pretty much cut and dry.
  • pfergypfergy Member Posts: 7
    Lot's of good info on the 2000/2001 devilles. Any experiences with a 98 concours? I looked at one today, 43,000 miles. Salesman said would go for 'around' $24,500. Did not get in to serious negotiations yet. Does this sound like fair price? Anyone knowledgeable on the 98's? BTW, I'm 42. Not an old fart yet.
  • harleybillharleybill Member Posts: 23
    I bought a 98 concours with 29,000 miles in January 2000 for 26,900 . Sounds like a reasonable price to me.

Harleybill
    I need a little more info. What geographical location do you live in? I have a 98 moonstone with 29k miles and can't find a buyer at $24,000. And the car is perfect. Still in the wrapper as they say. FYI, if I had to appraise this vehicle in the Chicagoland area, I would say somewhere around 18 grand because of the miles. Other considerations: add a little for a moonroof, deduct for simcon top, add for white diamond or black, deduct for gold firemist. If you tell me more about the car, I can better help you. Jeff
  • philly7philly7 Member Posts: 94
    That's 'cause moonstone sucks! (just ribbin' ya!)
  • tamcotamco Member Posts: 40
    Jeff, Sorry to har you were under the weather, glad you are back. As for your interest in the 2001 DHS ...speedo now approaching 3000 miles absolutely not problems nor concerns. Handle winding, twisty Wisconsin rural roads and hills, it as if it is grabbing the road with "claws." Acceleration surprises even so called sports cars. This may be the best car that I have every driven. Surely a joy to drive. While you were out if it there was some discussion on Air Filters...E/M.. seems as if there is not filter available for the 2000/2001 Nothstar, tho someone has suggested that a filter from 1999 Northstar could be used. Do you have any info on E/M filter swaps? Can the 275hp Northstar in th 2001 DHS be re-tuned to get the 300hp obtained in the DTS??? Glad you are back! TAMCO
    Sorry my mind was not fully awake this AM. I gave you bad info regarding filters. Not E/M filters but K/N filters. You may want to review post #485 onSun Sept 10th 2000 under CADILLAC SEVILLE opic #3472TAMCO
  • hardestyhardesty Member Posts: 166
    The 275 HP LD8 motor outperforms the 300 HP L37 until about 4500 RPM. The detailed curves are at www.gmpowertrain.com/engines_cartruck/northstar/46_torque.htm
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    Don't forget that at least in the STS + ETC, the axle ratio of the 300HP is 3.71 to 3.11, or something close to that. This also improves acceleration of the 300HP cars.
  • pfergypfergy Member Posts: 7
    I live in the memphis area. The one I am looking at is moonstone also. no moonroof, no simcon. supposedly a lease return. appears to be basic concours. (unfortunately, the MB dealership next door has a 95 vette w/15K miles for same price. extreme opposite but very tempting) Any info or feedback on the concours would be appreciated.
  • etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    That 98 Moonstone Concours for 24,000 is tempting. While I would prefer an Eldo or Seville, I could settle for a Concours. Especially if it is Crimson Pearl or Black. Next year when the lease on my Intrigue is up, I will probably buy a used Cadillac. Probably 98 or newer. Just curiuos, what are 98 STSs and ETCs with "average" mileage going for now?
  • justlooking11justlooking11 Member Posts: 1
    I have found a used 2000 Deville that I'd like to buy. However, I have noticed a slight (and I mean slight) separation in the bumper from the front fenders on both sides of the front of the car, (near the headlights). I can push the bumper up from the bottom which alleviates the separation. Is that a normal "give" in the bumper on the 2000 Deville, or am I thinking about buying a car that has been in an accident? There is no evidence of an accident, other than marks way down at the bottom of the bumper (the black flap at the very bottom). Carfax.com didn't note anything, either. Thoughts???
  • sactobuoysactobuoy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 DTS with 5,000 miles. The cruise control on/off switch on the steering wheel has broke. It won't stay on. Dealer said I was the second one that day and it could take 30 days to get the replacement.
  • ashur1ashur1 Member Posts: 8
    This Tuesday I had my cruise control switch replaced on my 2000 DHS. It took a little longer than usual for the part to come in - about a week and a half. Not bad though.

Still looking for specific information about the rough idle fix. I asked again when I picked my car up and the service advisor said they don't have anything on it. Tccad1, can you help? If so, I probably would not tip you, but would be very grateful...
    Justlooking11: Carfax doesn't report accidents. Insurance companies will not report to them. All Carfax reports is title and odometer discretions (flood, rebuilt, spun back mileage, etc.) The easy way to tell if a car has been in a front end accident is to run your finger along the hood line in the underside near the windshield. If you feel a rough line, the hood has been painted. To confirm this, look around the rubber moldings near the headlights. Even the best body shop cannot possibly tape off the car perfectly. Another place to check is the bolts holding the fender on. If the bolt has been removed, odds are it was in an accident. On every manufacturer, they paint the inside of the engine compartment after it has been fully assembled. Bolts and all. The bolts should look like an outlet cover after painting a wall without removing it first with the paint "gluing" them on.

Pfergy: I would have to say that the midwest region is similiar in their pricing. Lack of Cadillac dealers in your area will increase price based on availability, but it sounds a bit too high to me. However, price is a relative thing. If you like the price on that car, what is the difference? People ask me what I am "making" on a used car. I assume they want the best deal. If I own a car for $1, does that mean I have to pass the savings on? The best price on any car is one you can be happy about. Still sounds too high though..=)

Philly: Mine has the oatmeal interior w/ Moonstone paint. My guess would be that we are going to be celebrating a one year anniversary on this car.

Tamco: Thanks for the concern. Doctor gave me a clean bill of health the other day. About the K/N airfilters and 00 motors. I don't think there is an official replacement for it yet. I ran in back to check on a few different models, and the air filter compartment looks to be the exact same in a 99 compared to the 2000. As for bumping up the horsepower, be careful. Anything you do to the computer that is aftermarket will void the warranty. I am speaking about adding performance chips and such. Better off leaving it alone. The difference really isn't that great.

Etharmon: 98 STS's are in the lower 30's. Eldos are in the high 20's. Eldos seem to hold their line fairly well because of availibility on the used car lots. Not alot of them around.

ashur1: I just ran downstairs and asked the service director about the rough idle. Here is the official word. There is no fix. Rumor has it, Cadillac knows and is working on it, but there is no bulletin. What we have been doing, depending on severity of the problem is replacing teh crankshaft sensors. That seems to help a little bit. Any other monkeying with the system throws off the emissions. As soon as I hear about a fix, I can email you if you post it here.

A note about Carfax: Read this carefully. Carfax is a WASTE of money. What they tell you can be received by any DMV around. For free usually. Besides, if a dealer sells you a vehicle that has a mileage discrepancy, whether you notice it after 10 days or 10 years, they must under penalty of law, by the vehicle back for the full selling price. It is VERY illegal to sell a vehicle with an odometer problem whether known or unknown. Somewhere to the tune of 10 years in jail and up to $100,000 fines. Then the state comes in and essentially ends your business until they audit every single deal over the past 5 - 6 years. Most problems are found out before they even hit the car lot anyway. And we go back after the original owner hard. I have called a customer and told him he needs to cut me a check for $5,000 on the spot. He refused and said it was my problem now. I politely told him to call his lawyer when he gets back to his office. He was on my doorstep at 9 am the next morning with a check in hand. Mileage problems are nothing to fool with. The other service Carfax provides for is branded titles. It is not illegal to sell these vehicles, however, you have the right to physically see the title before you take final delivery. If the dealer cannot produce the title, politely state that you will not take delivery until you can see it. In most states, it is illegal to sell a vehicle without having title on hand anyway. In every state, there is a spot marked "special notes" or something to that effect. There are about 5 different messages that can be written in there. If the see something odd like flood, rebuilt, or not actual miles, run. Again, if you take delivery of a vehicle that has a branded title, and you didn't sign something stating that you knew it was such, drive it for a few years and return it to the dealer for a full refund. I had an unfortunate situation where a customer had an 88 Porsche 944. Beautiful car. Perfect condition, no paint work anywhere. I appraised it for $8,000. Strong money for the miles it had and no turbo. The customer came in with the title and it was marked rebuilt. I then had to tell him the car was now worth $1,500. As it turns out, it was a mistake by the DMV and got marked incorrectly because someone had bad penmanship. Clean title came back, and everyone was happy. That shows you how much us dealers don't want to have to deal with a branded title. Sorry that got so winded, but I had to let you know my two cents.
  • barry45rpmbarry45rpm Member Posts: 98
    How hard do Cadillacs get hit by depreciation? If a 2000 DeVille were being traded in say w/ 11,000 miles, could it seriously be worth $ 10,000. less than when new? Is that excessive depreciation? Would say a Mercedes take the same kind of hit? Do luxury cars in general take a harder hit than other segments?
    Luxury cars get hit harder because they are more expensive, but it isn't what you think. The average car, whether it is a caddy, cavalier, or a mercedes, will lose about 50% over 3 years. About 40% comes in the first two years. If a caddy lists for 50,000, you lost 25,000 in 3 years. A cavalier lists for 12,000, you only lost 6,000. Therefore, it is more cost effective to drive the cheapest car you can. However egos and creature comforts tend to play a LARGE factor in what we drive. The typical 2000 deville with average equipment will be worth, to a dealer, around 31k with those kind of miles. Retail side should bring about 33-34 grand on a 42,800 msrp car. Any car will take that kind of depreciation because of market conditions. If I had a brand new car and one that has 11,000 miles on it for 500 dollars different, which would you choose? I would want the new for only $500 more. What if the difference was $3,000? Now the used makes more sense. Our job as dealers is to anticipate what the average consumer will accept as a "good" deal on a current year car. So, after taking out holdback, any rebates, and the dollar amount that is appropriate to make the used car seem attractive, you tend to lose alot of money in the first month.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but my friend said that his 2000 Mercedes will depreciate less than my Cad at the end of a year with equal miles on the clock. Are you saying that his will depreciate the same percentages as mine? One thing that could influence depreciation here on Cad vs Mercedes is that most yuppies who can't afford 50k new will look for a used BMW or M-B & not even think of a Cad...so generally speaking, is the demand for M-B gonna adjust the depreciation so that you loose less on a Benz? Could that be generalized across the country?
    Sadly, your freind is right. MBs do have a lower rate of depreciation. In general, domestic cars depreciate more and quicker than do German or Japanese cars. Cadillacs do however, retain their value better than most domestic cars do and a heck of alot better than Lincolns do. Alot of it is image. With MB, alot of what you are paying for is the name. Sure they are good cars, but not worth the price they cost. For example, a V6 E320 is nearly $50,000. You can get a V8 STS for that and the STS has more interior room and more standard features.
  • craig2000craig2000 Member Posts: 13
    Depreciation is a big bite. 50% after 3 years is a bit hard to swallow. Therefore, either lease and pay it, or buy and hold for 5+ years. Actually, those looking for a good used car love the 50%. I saw a 1998 STS the other day with good miles (15K) for 30 grand. Not a bad second buy. I would hate to buy a new one and have to turn it in after a couple of years. You are going to pay big time. Just for kicks, next time you are at the dealer, ask to see the depreciation book. MB do "offically" depreciate (higher residual) than Cadillac's.
    Yeah 50% is a lot, but leasing doesn't eliminate depreciation... I don't think the dealer eats the depreciation when you give it back...
    Now, since M-B's cost the same for a smaller car with a smaller engine, (and presumably less toys)than the Caddy, that would seem to suggest that the buyer is taking the hit up front, rather than when he gets out of the car. I dunno...
    Ok, maybe my last post was a little confusing. MB's will not depreciate as much as a cadillac. But only because of perception. Supply and demand play into this as well. There are a bunch more STS's sold than Eldos. This is the reason an Eldorado has a higher resale than an STS. Well, relatively speaking. The Eldo is about 8 grand less when new than an STS. For a 2 year old car, it is only about 3 grand different with same miles. Same thing with MB's. However, the MB will still lose more money OVERALL than a cadillac because of the MUCH higher price. Expect to lose about 25 grand on an S500 over 2 years. About 20 grand on an STS. But the S500 sells for 30 grand more. Leasing helps out in the long run. If you normally trade every 2 to 3 years, you should be in a lease. The manufacturers artificially increase the residual to lower the payments. Right now, Cadillac is saying a 2 year old Catera with 30k miles will be worth $20,000. I say closer to 16. So the people who bought them had to pay rougly 17 grand if the selling price was 33. If you leased it, you only paid 13. And you are right, the dealer doesn't eat the depreciation, the manufacturer does. But they don't care because you are more likely to get into another one of their products. More profit overall due to increase in volume. Leasing really is a win-win situation for MOST people.
  • 14151415 Member Posts: 249
    tccad1::::::As a Caddy owner I enjoyed and concur with your remarks and conclusions on depreciation and preceived value. The Caddies are driven by my wife at an average of about 12/15k miles/yr. Car never sees snowfall for it spends winters in S. Fla.; balance is in Mich. Both locations it is garaged and car is excellent condition for 47,000 miles. Recent new chrome wheels+4 new Michelins ensures another year of safe driving and will sell it after its fifth year for around $14k or it can be easily driven for the sixth year if needed.

Model is the 96 Sedan Deville, diamond white, sunroof, and chromes and with Mich sales tax; out the door was $34,200 cash new. The 96 replaced a 91 Touring Sedan bought new in Aug 91 after the 91 STS was stolen in July 91. I sold the 91 Deville Touring Sedan with 59K miles and a new 4.9 engine for $13,500. Piston slap was a 4.9 problem so at 59k the factory installed a new motor.

I drive the Caddies to Fla, and to the dealer for whatever ails it. My current car is a 99 Intrigue GLS which is of questionable quality; however it serves as the business wheels. Previous car was a 98 Intrigue but was purchased by GM after 26k miles due to various complaints. I turned around and fell into another one for $800.

Ego and status are the biggest Caddy markets; since it is not a car that ages gracefully under high-mileage conditions. I am a senior, self-employed and used to pound the road at the rate of 4k/5k miles/mo and went through a ton of cars with damn few problems; however the Caddies somehow require continual tweaking.

In conclusion---I did not intend to blast the Caddies for my wife is happy; so that's a blessing to be thankful for and a plus for your side. Spent three years in Crystal Lake, Il--lovely area, however did return to Mich.

Keep up your informative posts and Caddy updates.
    Is it any easier to honk the horn in a 2001 Caddy Deville? I think its easier and quicker to lower the window, wave my fist, and roll the window back up, than it is to find the sweet spot on the steering wheel hub and smash it just right to elicit a short blast of the horn... ;)
    Barry.I just guess that some of us are "horny-er" than others,.... nah! I have not noticed are big problem with my 2001 DHS. However, the horn button was right on the steering wheel on my 1998 Lincoln Cartier...now that was convenient and fast. I do miss that button ...now the Volume button for the DSH radio is where the Lincoln was located.....I often press thesteering volume in error and just BLAST the DHS Radio while trying to BLOW the horn. I trust that I can be "retrained" before I hit something expensive. P.S...The LOUD RADIO does get their attention tho! TAMCO <:)
  • rachel12rachel12 Member Posts: 2
    anyone out there know if dhs is pre wired for six pack cd changer. if so what brand and model number. dealer wants $750. LOcal sound store sells dedicated changers for $175.00 but doesnt know if compatable. thank for any help
    Sorry, but I understand that pre-wire GM cars will only work with proprietary Delco equipment. I went through this with my dad's ETC, but I finally forced the dealer to eat most if it upon sale.
    It's getting close to crunch time for me, as I need to get my order in by the end of the first week in November. Any news on the Communiport system for the DTS? My dealer showed me the "Advanced Order Guide" which indicates that it is available. But I can't find an option code for it. I was hoping that Cadillac would roll it out before the end of the year.

BTW: Moonstone on Neutral Shale? Yuck!
    Cd players are only available through you rlocal dealer. I have heard that it is a panasonic model, but I am unsure.

Communiport and infotainment center: I currently can not order a DTS with infotainment in it yet. As soon as I get word, I'll post here. The option code will be the same as it is on the Seville..U45.

I have considered ripping the beechwood interior out and replace it with pewter. I don't know any other way to sell this thing!
  • lehr597lehr597 Member Posts: 3
    I had the same problem, I have a 1999 cadillac eldorado ETC and wanted the factory cd changer that would be compatible with the cd changer controls. Go to www.radiosandmore.com or www.radios&more.com That is where i purchased mine from , they arehalf the price dm deal charges and and are brand new, not used, Mine cost $325, The caddy dealer wanted $700
    Thanks. I assumed that "U45" would be the option code when it is available. Do you suppose that the availability of the communiport system on the DTS is based on geography or demographics?

As for your beechwood problem, I will pray for a color impaired person to walk into your dealership and fall in love with it. Some one like my dad who bought an '81 Sedan DeVille brand new painted "Sandstone" (think Mary Kay). They only made that color for one year...go figure.

If push comes to shove, there is always Krylon!
  • rachel12rachel12 Member Posts: 2
    lehr595, thanks for your help ill check it out.
    Can someone tell me why when It's cold out & I turn on the rear (hot wire) defroster in my 2000 Deville the radio reception gets very weak on all stations? As soon as I turn it off the radio gets perfect again. Defroster on, bad reception. Defroster off, perfect reception. Didn't happen all summer, but it did last winter/spring !!!!!
  • davis25davis25 Member Posts: 13
    The Onstar antenna of my 2000 Cadillac DTS was struck by lightning on August 9, and damaged some electrical/electronic components in the car. The car has been in the shop of the local Cadillac dealer since August 10th. Every time I talk to the dealer, I am told "it will be a couple of more days." This is the 49th day. There is only one Cadillac dealer in my city. I have called the customer service number shown in the owner manual, but they can't help, calling it a "dealer problem". Does anyone know a way to elevate this problem to Cadillac management and get resources to assist a dealer who probable does not have the resources or expertise to fix the problem?
    Call Cadillac directly and get the name an phone # of the Regional CS contact rep. for your area. This should be a management level employee (VP, AVP, etc.) not some CS lackey.

Then, I would raise hell with him/her. I would also let the dealership know (in writing) that this delay is simply unacceptable and you demand a status report with a conclusive date of completion.

In 49 days, they could have rebuilt the entire car from parts with enough time to take it for a test drive....to the North Pole and back.

I wouldn't stand for this if I were you!

Good Luck
  • 456ttt456ttt Member Posts: 13
    I would check with your state Department of Motor Vehicles regarding the lemon law. In NJ it's about 30 days and you get a new car. If the lemon law is in your favor, go for a new car !!
    That is ridiculous. First of all, I hope you have a loaner car. If that is true, cadillac will only pay for a few days, otherwise it is on the dealer. Assuming you do not otherwise your car would be done by now, follow philly's advice. 49 days?!? I ripped the service managers head off for taking an hour to do an oil change the other day. I wouldn't stand for that. The only other thing I can think of is they are stalling for another reason. Check into that also.

The lemon law states that if your vehicle is out of commission due to a non conforming problem for 30 business days or it is in for the same problem 4 times in the first twelve months of ownership, it can qualify to be called a lemon. Howver, since this was because of a lightning strike and not a problem with the vehicle, the lemon law won't help you. Besides, it is easier to go through a CS rep than the courts on this. Cadillac would fight you hard and you would wind up costing yourself way too much time and money.
    The lemon law would not apply in this situation, because the car is not suffering from a manufacturing defect. Lightning is considered an "act of God" in insurance terms and would not fall under any jurisdictions Manufacturers' Defect Protection Litigation.

What Davis is suffering from is "Defect of Dealership" which needs a swift kick in the pants to solve!
    From K&N: "...There is no filter listed by K&N for 2000 Deville at this time. Check back often as applications are constantly being added..."
    Got an answer from Delphi (antenna mfg for Cad) as to why the reception gets weak when the rear defroster is on. They say...
    "We are sorry you are having problems with your Cadillac radio. According to our service engineer, there is a fracture grid on the rear heating element. The
    fracture gives rise to an electric field that gets picked up by the antenna.
    The dealer will have to find the fracture on the grid. If they can not find it then the glass may have to be replaced."
    I have heard of cases where the "in glass" antennas do pick up some inteference when the defogger is on. Personally, I always wondered about this when they car makers started going to these. I think they should have stuck with the extrenal power mast antennas.
  • carnoughtcarnought Member Posts: 10
    Well, it's time to appeal once more again to my friendly Cadillac service dept. My 2000 DTS's "brake" light went on...it says to check the brake fluid. I called my service advisor late afternoon, left a message on his voicemail, and....he hasn't returned my call...big surprise. I dread having to deal with them on this or anything....frankly they SUCK. Does anyone know why this happened?...faulty warning light? a leak? anyway, shouldn't happen at only 4200 mi. It's not the car but the gross incompetance and lack of care or response of the service dept., I previously have had, and again expect, that will keep this car enthusiast from buying another Cadillac!
    I hope Cortl is reading this one..he is the resident expert on service problems. I can only take an educated guess. Generally when a car come of the truck from the factory, the dealer is responsible for topping off any fluids. Maybe they missed one. The other reason, and more likely one, is that there was an air bubble somewhere in the line that finally worked its way out causing the "shortage" of fluid. Check the level, top off if necessary, and look for leaks on the ground. No leaks? No problem. Leaks, drive to another Caddy store.
  • carnoughtcarnought Member Posts: 10
    Well....my car's at the dealer service dept. for the weekend....brake fluid is down, probably a leak....at 4200mi......huummmmm
    Time to come clean. A guy comes in to order an '01 DTS. This is the third car you have leased him in the past 5 years. He is very well educated in the leasing process and knows all the numbers. He knows about whatever consumer or dealer money is available including loyalty incentives. He wants a Black/Black DTS with every option except towing package, cell phone, and adaptive seats. What do you offer?
  • ddsach1ddsach1 Member Posts: 2
    2000 Cadillac Deville
    dealer demo 8300 miles
    $34576 + $950 taxes + $145 lic.
    Are there any hidden issues with this vehicle?

I have the weekend to reach a decision. I have never owed a deville, but many family mebers have.
    Any options? What colors? How many does the dealer have?

It seems to be a ok price, but it's already a year old and broken in. The only way to know if you are getting a deal is to find out what the invoice price is and what the dealer is getting to move the car (incentives).

Taxes and license fees are irrelevant as this is an national forum.

Good Luck./
  • ddsach1ddsach1 Member Posts: 2
    The standard package with leather seats.
    Color Cashmere No other demos but 2 pewter colored 2000's on lot with 2001 arriving.
    msrp 40340.
    The salesman was rather non communicative. Seems just wants to sell the car.

I don't know what the invoice price is.
    You should be able to buy any brand new Deville for 5.5% off the MSRP with no sweat from any dealer who likes to sell cars and make a living. Do the math, if you're looking at less than a very substantial difference in the price of new vs. used (and you ARE looking at a used car)and a 1 year old model year, don't do it. Personally I think you're getting a better deal buying new 2001 than the used car. If you can't buy new because of the dough, that's another story. If your dealer doesn't want to deal, go to another dealer. Who cares where you pick it up from anyway...!~