Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    Our MSRP was 45,339 and we got it for 41,195 (does not include tax, processing fee). If you can get 4000 or more less than the MSRP then you are in good shape.

We got lucky and found the Blizzard Pearl - we weren't willing to wait if it wasnt available since we have a trade in and didnt want to invest money on maintaining the trade.

There were also some earlier post where the dealer were not able to get the car within the 3-4 weeks timeframe and we didnt want to be in that situation.
    We have the same trim and color, when did you post your buying experience? I must have missed it.

Anyway, do you have any tips on maintaining the special color of blizzard pearl? Other than it looks glittery, i dont understand why it costs more than the other colors.

So far we love the van and want to make sure its properly maintained inside and out. The dealer we got it from didnt offer us any paint or leather warranty that other dealers have been offering.
  • iautoiauto Member Posts: 8
    Any news on the 4th July discount?
  • martylebmartyleb Member Posts: 2
    I was looking for a 2011 XLE with Premium Package in the NY/NJ area. I used Truecar.com and the best quote was $35,466, or $300 less than invoice. After calling around the area I could not find another dealer who had the car on the lot and would match or beat that price, so I went to the dealer that Truecar.com had listed as having the lowest price (after confirming on the phone they had the car on the lot).

When I got to the dealer they had the model I wanted at the price advertised---$35,466, except that the following items (which were not negotiable) were added:
    $185 (factory installed floormats and door sill protector)
    $199 (etching fee)
    $299 (doc fee)

Total OTD price (before tax and DMV charges) was $36,149.

I had to drive around 50 miles outside of NYC to get to this dealer but all in all it was a good experience and worth it.
  • key4871key4871 Member Posts: 13
    I'm going to try and drive an SE this weekend, but was wondering if anyone else has compared the XLE/Limited and the SE?

My closest dealer has an SE that is their "demo" van and each time I've tried it has been out. I was told that they are expecting two SE's in the next week or so, and for some reason they are both black.

After reading almost every 2011 post I'm starting to lean towards an SE with minimal bells and whistles instead of loaded XLE or Limited.
  • hitoravihitoravi Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    SE steering has tighter feeling, but you feel more road bumps in SE compared to non-SE. I am planning to go with LE.
  • chucksrtchucksrt Member Posts: 12
    I didn't post our buying experience yet because we haven't taken delivery yet. We have to wait until the 24th. (that is when the car is supposed to come in) to pick it up and get the final cost with tax, tags and warranty options.
    I think the Blizzard Pearl cost more because it has more than one color in it unlike the other plain Black or red or silvers out there. The only special care I do for my cars is to not wash them while the sun is out or shining directly on the car. the hot paint can get soap marks in it when drying and cause damage.
  • meridian3meridian3 Member Posts: 4
    Bagged a Limited in Silver with Premium package and preferred accessory pkge today. M.S.R.P. :43,914 , I drove it home for 44,000 ALL included. This is long Island N.Y. tax rate is 8.675% - The van is friggin sweet!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Congrats on your new Limited. For $44K, it had better be friggin sweet! lol.
  • huntlo711huntlo711 Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to purchase the XLE w/Navigation Package in the next few days. I've shopped a few dealers and did all my negotiating via email. Best price I've received is $32,141 + tax/title. This is $600+ below invoice and I think it's a great price. Any thoughts on how they are selling below invoice? I've always thought invoice is what the dealership purchases the vehicle from the manufacturer. There are not any rebates available now for the Sienna's, are there? I appreciate any feedback you can offer.
    Not sure what you mean by lol but when I said ALL, I meant ALL. The taxes were about 3,500 alone plus all the other BS. The van was built in 5/11, I've eaten bread older than that. I've researched for a month- can't get a blue,can't get a red, The Cypress looks bad in person and I could have gotten a sandy beach metallic for 39+ all but it looks like crap (faded gold). The Cypress did'nt look bad in the shade (it almost looked dark grey) but the light shined and it became pea soup color.
    The Cypress was our second choice if we didn't get the Blizzard Pearl. All the other colors are ok at best and that gold/tan color makes me want to puke!
  • t_mt_m Member Posts: 9
    Came home with the new van yesterday. We ordered it three weeks ago and were lucky enough to find one in production that was destined to another dealer and had that routed to us.

Car info:
    * Limited AWD in Blizzard Pearl / Bisque
    * PC Blizzard Pearl extra cost paint
    * CX Convenience Package
    * PT Premium Package
    * CF Carpet Floor Mats w/ Door Sill Protectors
    * 3T Roof Rack Cross Bars

MSRP: $46,214
    Price Paid: $42,784 + 8.8% tax + license + no other fees

I also purchased the following from the dealer:
    * $1039: 8yr/100k miles extended warranty with no deductible
    * $360: 3rd & 4th year free pre-paid maintenance (on top of the free 2 years from Toyota)

Thanks to everyone at this forum for sharing their purchase and warranty prices. They helped me get what I hope is a fair price.

I made my purchase through Toyota of Olympia in Olympia, WA. They were friendly and more importantly professional and straight-forward so I'd certainly recommend them to anyone in the Seattle area. A bonus of dealing with them is only paying 8.8% tax (versus 9.8% in Seattle) which saved me almost $500 in my total out-of-pocket expense.

So far the van has been great. Mom, dad and kids (3 of them :)) love it! I still need to get the garage opener and the memory seats figured out but I hope I'll get that done today!
    WOW!!! That sounds like a really good deal. The price of the warranty is nice too. I didn't know you could extend the free maint. 2yrs. what does that cover exactly? I can't wait until my van comes in!!!!
    edited June 2010
    So basicly you paid $48,000. How much is the AWD alone? Does the Blizzard look good is person? I have'nt seen one yet. Enjoy it, I'm lovin mine,wanted to sleep in it last night! LOL
    The only peeve I have is that the middle row seats don't recline to a full flat position.
    chucksrt: Thanks. I didn't know about the extended autocare until I read about it a few days ago at Sienna Chat [http://www.siennachat.com]. It's another great resource for Sienna buyers in addition to Edmunds. The extended autocare basically covers all scheduled maintenance up to 4 yr / 45,000 miles. (including 3 major services at 15k, 30k and 45k).

meridian3: Yeah, I paid ~$48,100 including tabs. $46,700 for the car and $1,400 for the extras (warranty and autocare).
    The blizzard pearl is really nice. I'm waiting for the sun to shine in Seattle to really see the color. I think we may be a month away from that :(
    Were you asking about the price for just the Limited AWD with no other packages? I think the MSRP for that is $40,570 (compared to $39,300 for the Limited FWD version).
    edited June 2010
    I was told by one of the dealers in Bay Area that the new inventory of 2011 Sienna V6 LE was supposed to come in on the 18th of June.

Did anyone get higher discounts on the LEs this weekend?

Last week I got a quote for $26,895 from a local dealer, but he had only 2 cars Black and White color. The next best quote I got was $27,695 with more color options. Even Ebay motors and Zag.com are having best quotes close to $27,695.

I am still waiting for a good deal below $27K + TTL, especially knowing that my friend bought 2010 Sienna V6 LE for $23,995 + TTL back in the month of March 2010 from a local dealer. 2011 Sienna price will surely come down, given the economy and Toyota's ongoing problems. Also, 2011 Odyssey will have an effect on the Sienna price soon.
  • rhoabrrhoabr Member Posts: 2
    I just pulled the trigger. I was trying to hold off until the new Honda van came to market in hopes that the Sienna prices would go down. The wife is impatient!
    8 Pass FWD XLE Predawn Mica
    Options: EY (entertainment system) and floor mats
    paid $32,890 (before TTL) which should be approx $200 over invoice
    Negotiations were humerous. The Fleet and Floor Manager were appalled that i demanded to pay invoice. After plenty of schpeels, a few trips back to the Desk Manager, etc, etc, I finally pulled Truecar.com up on his computer. i took him throught the senario. showed him where is competitor 40 miles away was offering for $100 above invoice. he says "hard to argue with that." and he gives me the deal.

i have a genuine lack of trust for these guys. I still walked away wondering how much they made on me. wondering if i could have gotten more. i must say i was surprised at how uninformed the dealership folk were withregards to the info that is out there for consumers. perhaps they were acting dumb, but i don't think so. i can't blame them. i looked around the desks at dealership, the other patrons playing The Game without the "cards" that i had. I'm amazed that John Q Public doesn't know that he has access to look at the Toyotas cards, the dealers cards, and other patrons' cards through sites like this. without that info, you are destined to lose The Game.

I also got a nice deal on my trade. i received a competing quote from Carmax the previous day which i carried as leverage just in case. The dealership (Claremont Toyota) gave me 12% more, pre-haggle.

I spoke with JJ at Midwest Toyota. I'm going to get the 6 yr 100K ext warranty. the claremont toyota guy scared me, telling me the Midwest was probably selling some third party policy. JJ had all the correct answers to my questions. i'm convinced his deal is a legit policy from Toyota. hard to believe the savings!

I can't thank you guys and gals on this site enough. i knew how to negotiate already but you supplied me with the data and resources that enabled me to pull off a deal that i am happy with. keep up the good work. fight the good fight.
  • sevenlanesevenlane Member Posts: 3
    bought the 2011 sienna V4 in bay area. $23000+ TTL. OTD price is $25578.
    it is the most basic model.
    Hi - I bought almost the same van about a month ago but no Convenience package. Looking at the sticker, the MSRP for just Limited AWD is 39,770.

I also didnt know that the scheduled maintenance can be extended. Do you have to bring it to the same dealer or will any Toyota dealer accept it? If it does then I will check if I can still have it added.

i love the Blizzard Pearl - it sparkles. :blush: But to some it just look white. :D
    Ok - thanks! You will definitely love it when it arrives.
    That was our second choice too then third is either red or black. We already had a blue and a silver (different car though) so we wanted a different color. We didnt like the gold too.
    edited June 2010
    Drove home a 2011 Sienna LE yesterday. $27,600 + TTL Chicagoland area. Happy with my purchase and drive.
  • pjt4pjt4 Member Posts: 7
    Does XLE comes with 8 passanger?
    I thought only LE model came with 8 seats.

trying to get an 8seater in bay area
    Thanks,
  • pjt4pjt4 Member Posts: 7
    Sounds like a good deal! Congrats!
    I'm trying to get an LE in bay area. which dealer did you buy it from?
    Thanks,
    Most of the XLE's I seen were 8 passenger. So I'd say yes they do. All trim levels have the option either way except for the Limited it only comes AWD.
  • sienna_ownersienna_owner Member Posts: 12
    Just want to feedback if anyone still has any concern on purchasing the Toyota Vehicle Service Agreement (VSA) from dealers in Kansas.

I purchased the warranty from this Kansas dealer (mentioned many times in this forum) more than a week ago. I haven't received any package/document/invoice/contract so far. But I called Toyota Financial Service today, they verified my warranty purchase has already been in their system. I should expect to receive the package from them soon.

Toyota Financial Service told me the VSA they offering is valid for any dealer in US and Canada. But the extended service plan is dealer dependent (just be careful if you plan to purchase the 3rd and 4th yr extended service plan).

ps. I got quotes from different dealers in Kansas. Interestingly, they all quoted the same price, and way cheaper then my local dealer here.
  • jezojezo Member Posts: 1
    Did you have anything added on to that? Which dealership? We are working on a deal for an LE right now in Chicagoland and haven't found anything this good!
  • jcrawford999jcrawford999 Member Posts: 17
    You can pick up an LE around Chicago for about $27,800 (MSRP $30,500) just by walking in. Check out the websites of the local dealers. With a little negotiation, you can pick up one up for around $27,300 (invoice). If you go to a high-volume dealer on month end, you might be able to get them to give up their holdback.and get it for under 27,000.
    I don't think it is that easy to get $27,800 for LE. I offered $27,500 at a dealership and walked out but he did not go below $27,600. So I am pretty sure this is close to bottom at least for now.
    All Sienna in Chicago reason come with Floor mats and Tow prep option. You can't get without these option.
    Try any of Elgin/Naperville/Continental dealership. their offer is very close.
  • jcrawford999jcrawford999 Member Posts: 17
    Libertyville is offering LEs between 27,800 and 28,000 (depending on options) without any negotiation. If you walk into Carmax, you can get a bunch of LEs for around 27,350. There's a $100 doc fee, so let's say they're 27,450 but I know most dealers charge over $100 for the doc fee. Since Carmax is a no-haggle dealer, what you see is what you pay.

If Carmax is offering them for 27,350 at no-haggle prices, I'm pretty sure you can get them for under 27,000 at a high volume dealer on month end.
  • jay164jay164 Member Posts: 4
    Last week, I got Sienna LE V6 with floor mate $26,289 + tax + tag +$100 processing fee from Same delaer (DARCARs, MD). The car is nice and love driving it.
  • valerievvaleriev Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2010
    any idea why Atlanta priced out so much lower on zag ? XLE AWD w/mat & entertainment. does it make sense to buy it out of state?

Savings off MSRP: $3,932

Pricing for Your Requested Vehicle

INVOICE MSRP YOUR PRICE
    Base $33,303 $35,310 $32,003
    Options $2,194 $2,819 $2,194
    Incentives $0 $0 $0
    TOTAL $35,497 $38,129 $34,197
    Some dealers depend on volume, others on gross for profit. The market place also determines how dealers sell. If the Honda stores or other Toyota stores are volume the surviving dealers will have to depend on volume to stay alive.

Also, it is the end of the month and quarter. Always better deals, as dealerships strive to hit their monthly and quarterly objectives. And, no doubt you will be asked to purchase an extended warranty and maybe other options. Just say no to those.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, that's where I got my 07.
  • gwrace1gwrace1 Member Posts: 24
    I just can't believe anyone would shell out 40K plus for a V6 minivan. To put things into perspective I paid 36K for a Ford Limited Diesel Excursion that seats 10 and will pull an 11000 lb trailer. I average 20-22 mpg on the highway and it has a 44 gallon tank.
    Were also still driving our 96 Dodge Grand Caravan ES V6 that I paid 24K for brand new. We're shopping for a new minivan to just take advantage of some of the new features. But prices are rediculous for what you are getting.
  • saaab298saaab298 Member Posts: 5
    After couple of call with a sales rep he confirmed that they have Black/XLE/FWD/Nav+Ent. I drove about 100 miles to see the VAN but this rep turned out to be liar. They have no XLE with Prem pack and they lied to me over the phone. I just want to warm you all if you are going to deal with TEAM TOYOTA in Philly area.

----
    Report them (Team Toyota and the sales rep) to Toyota.
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Drove home a 2011 sienna xle fwd with premium package today...Dealer did not have the color and package combination that we were looking. He did a special order and got it in less than 3 weeks (which was impressive). Total price OTD was $38289... ($35327+license and title ($197) + Doc Service Fee ($154.38) + ERT ($25.00) + county tax ($15) + Sales Tax ($2574)

Got financing for 2.99%.. so far so good...
    Also, got 8yr/100k warranty for $1039 ..

Think the selling price is $500 below invoice (internet quote... could have got for another $300 less if I took the vehicle on the lot instead of the special order)... hopefully got a nice deal....just waiting for the baby to mess it up with his/her brother... :)
  • huntlo711huntlo711 Member Posts: 2
    I picked up a dark grey 2011 Sienna xle fwd with nav package yesterday. Paid $32,141 plus tax/title and $499 for the Protectant package. Solid deal! I found out the reason why was because Toyota let Muirfield Country Club (dublin, oh) use the Sienna to transfer golfers/families for the Memorial Tournament. So, it had 325 miles, big deal. Very happy with the deal.

********************************************************************************- ******************The finance guy wasn't flexible with the 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. The lowest we got was $1100 and I had contact info for another dealership to get this for $900. However, I called Geico to get a quote on insurance and they offered the same 7 Year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty as part of my insurance. There are zero exclusions from the warranty and it cost me 30 bucks/year with $250 deductible. I thought this was a great deal and had no clue insurance companies could offer a warranty as part of my auto coverage.
    I used to work there (not in sales) and they are the worst. I recommended family and friends there and they would not give a deal. Everyone ended up at faulkner. The best dealer in the area is Champion/Sloan toyota in Phila Pa. They give good deals up front. I went to team because they had the largest selection of Sienna at the time, I knew they wouldn't get me the right deal but I let them make an offer and it sucked!!! When the sales manager came out to talk he said "sure other dealers can beat our price but who would you rather do Business with" I almost laughed in his face and said I want to deal with the dealer who is best willing to work with me. I warn everyone I know who is looking at cars to stay away from them. Don't bother wasting your time saying anything to them, the sales manager is a friend of the owners family and nothing will happen. Their sales tactic is, we are the newest, the biggest there for we are the best. They will never learn!!!
    edited June 2010
    so if my dealer refused to offer:

* $1039: 8yr/100k miles extended warranty with no deductible
    * $360: 3rd & 4th year free pre-paid maintenance (on top of the free 2 years from Toyota)

can I get the wty from another dealer? will that work?
    Or car + wty must be from same dealer?

Also - if I did not use the wty after 8 yrs - will i get refund?

And - is the 100K on top of the basic wty?

can anyone recommend a chicagoland dealer?

tks...
  • sienna_ownersienna_owner Member Posts: 12
    I would recommend call Toyota Financial Service directly (1-800-228-8559). You will get the answer for all your questions :-)
  • emptywalletemptywallet Member Posts: 3
    We recently bought our 2011 Limited AWD Sienna and love it. Here's what we got:
    Exterior: Blizzard Pearl
    Interior: Light Grey
    Trim: Limited AWD
    Options: Premium Package, Convenience, Package, Door Sill Protector, Mats,
    and Roof Rack
    Price: $42,250 (Excludes Tax, Title, License)

In the SF Bay Area, the dealers are pretty snobby about their prices especially for the Blizzard Pearl because there is not a lot of inventory. But, when I called Vacaville Toyota and asked for their best price, Deborah Pryor-Bruns (Internet Fleet Manager) gave me the $42,200 price over the phone and then followed-up with the email. I also asked for the roof rack crossbar to be included in the price, but she said that the $42,200 was their best price. However, she did offer to split the cost with me. So, we paid an additional $50 for the roof rack thus coming to $42,250 (excludes TTL). This is the best price and haggle-free price I could get. And I called a few dealers and even tried some of the internet options (i.e. Costco Auto Program, TrueCar, etc.).

This transaction was very smooth, and Deborah was awesome. Dennis (her husband) who also helped us was great. I had to reschedule when we would pick-up the van. So, Dennis was her back-up. If you’re looking for the best price (haggle-free) and great service, contact Deborah.

Thank you Vacaville Toyota :shades:
    Finally I lost my patience and bought Sienna v6 LE for $27500 + TTL.

Also got 8 Yrs / 100K miles extended warranty with 0 deductible for $1500.

Couldn't find a better deal.
    valeriev,

You can certainly buy the extended warranty from another dealer. The $1039 price was quoted earlier on this forum from a dealer in the midwest who can do the whole transaction over the phone. If your dealer, doesn't match it, just don't buy it from them and buy it over the phone for a much better price.

The 3rd and 4th year extension for pre-paid maintenance are a different story, though. I think that you have to buy this from the dealer at the time of sale. They cannot sell it for more than MSRP ($440), though. So they can't rip you off too much. My dealer told me that the invoice price for it is $335 so see what you can buy it for.

The 100k is not on top of the basic warranty. I don't know about the refund. I think it's too good to be true.

Good luck :)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I just can't believe anyone would shell out 40K plus for a V6 minivan

Those are pretty rare.

To get an idea - the local no-haggle dealer had 107 Siennas in stock. The median price was $27.8k, and they topped out at $39k street price.

Things like a $2500 DVD entertainment system really pad the prices. Plus the power folding 3rd row, laser cruise control, Navi, etc.

I've seen loaded Tahoes break $50k msrp.
    edited June 2010
    got a quote of 300 below invoice. called dealer - he said that must be a mistake, no way he can offer that price for AWD. :(
    Keep shopping. It can be done for that.