Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    It is a personal preference and you need to do what your heart loves. Personally ... having seen black ext with both the light grey and bisque interior side by side ... we loved the bisque hands down much better. We thought black/bisque looked more classy and more rich compared to the grey. Also, the grey was so light that we were really nervous about the carpet getting that "dirty grey" look too quickly. We are pretty clean ... make the kids take shoes off when getting in cars, no food in vehicle etc. And even taking those measures ... the last vehicle we owned with light grey interior drove us crazy. It looked worn and dirty much sooner than any other interior we've owned.

We have the black sienna XLE with bisque now for almost 2 mos and no regrets. We love it and receive lots of compliments on the color scheme.
  • urbannomadurbannomad Member Posts: 14
    Lease end payoff question N.NJ, my payoff is 23,269.39. I would like to buy the car. need 36, 48 month loan quotes, so far the original dealer is way off. Does anyone know any dealers that can give me a competitive price?
  • madipacmadipac Member Posts: 21
    We live in MI can I have the name of the dealership in Detroit area to madipac@yahoo.com? Thanks
  • mozartmanmozartman Member Posts: 19
    Can someone explain it to me, please?

When I go to Truecar.com and search for 2011 Toyota Sienna 5dr 8-Pass Van V6 LE FWD report shows me that the great price today in my zip code area is $28,012. My question is:

Is this OTD price?
    Is this just the car sale price (excluding $800, title, sales tax, etc)?
    Is this the car+$800 delivery fee price (excluding title, sales tax, etc)?

Thanks.
  • pax2upax2u Member Posts: 12
    @ huntlo711: We are also in the market for this vehicle (2011 Sienna XLE FWD w/ navigation package). Edmunds.com has it at $32,769 (invoice). Wondering who you went through to get it for $32,141. Please provide dealership information (name and city). We got a quote for $33,515, and I want to come equiped with your quote for negotiations! Many thanks!
  • pjt4pjt4 Member Posts: 7
    Sounds like a very good deal! congrats.

Is it V6 with dual power sliding doors?
    Thanks
  • madbadger1madbadger1 Member Posts: 13
    I am thinking of buying 2011 XLE w/ NAV package. Would you please share the name of the dealer and the sales name? What was your final detail price over the deal? I will be very appreciated for your help. Thank you.
  • mlarson4mlarson4 Member Posts: 4
    i got a 2011 xle with navagation package in may for 32506 on westcoast. local quotes couldn't beat it, so i had to travel a little ways to pick it up from a diffrent dealer. i looked at some car forum sites 2 see if i was getting a good deal before i signed and my cost was the lowest at the time my sienna was worth it (under invoice), but wish i got ur deal 32141 (good negotiating).
    i got the black exterior with beige interior in may. i get many complements on the combo. nice.
    That's an amazing deal, iluvabargain! Thanks for the tip on the actual dealership. I am contacting them right now with the lowest quote I've received for xle w/ navi to see if they'll beat it!
  • saaab298saaab298 Member Posts: 5
    Grey interior is beautiful. I saw on XLE but it had no premium package. I ordered one with premium package, black exterior and grey interior colors. I will be getting end of July or early August. Approx price 34,025 + 800 + TTL
  • peteryguopeteryguo Member Posts: 4
    The third one, I think, that price is the sale price plus $800, not including TTL.
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    Car_Man or Anyone...

Could use your help.... Shopping for a 2011 Sienna AWD XLE Premium package. Has a sticker price of $41,550.00 - Edmunds calls the invoice at $37,281.00 - The dealer shows me an invoice of $37,989.00 - The difference from the dealers invoice are 2 extra cost items of $690 Dealer holdback and $345 Wholesale Financial Reserve....

They showed me the side by side with the M.S.R.P. and Invoice Price - but there base model invoice price started out at $30373 and Edmunds starts out at $31,408.... again the difference of $1,034 which are the 2 other charges they are claiming I have to pay that I stated above.... Are they double dipping for extra profit?

What are these two fees and are they negotiable? What should I be paying for this vehicle?? Have searched a bunch of dealers and there are really none of the AWD XLE'S around. Every dealer says to order one... :confuse:
    benz: don't pay dealer holdbacks. that is the money the dealer gets from the factory for selling the car. check out carbuyingtips.com/car3.htm. great explanation of holdback in chapter 3. this same chapter also adresses wholesale financial reserve. dont pay that either! the author of the above site has lots of good tips. the info helped me pay under invoice for a xle w/ navagation in may.

PS. don't post quotes directly from the above site w/o permission (or reproduce/sell/etc. their info), but you can print it out or link to it for your own use.
  • stvroystvroy Member Posts: 33
    We just finalized details on the following....

2011 Sienna XLE FWD 8 Passenger
    Predawn Mica/Grey Leather
    *Preferred Premium Accessory Package

MSRP- $33,379 + Tax, Title & Doc Fee ($35,260.94)
    Invoice- $30,986
    Purchase Price- $30,900 + TTD ($32,400 OTD)

Also negotiated 100k warranty (Retail $1,200-1,500) for free and it comes with the 2 year complimentary maintenance from Toyota.

I'm pleased with the deal and the wife is getting the color combination she wants.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    Is this a barebones XLE FWD or is this an XLE with the Premium Package (PM)? The Premium package has the dual DVD and the Navigation. Based on that MSRP it appears to be the basic XLE FWD.
    Basic XLE.

We didn't want the DVD package as it little screens and don't want the little ones to think every time we're in the van they get to watch TV. Our daughter has a portable DVD for trips.

We didn't want NAV because it wasn't worth the price to us. My wife has a GPS she likes and that was fine with us.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    It's the exact same van we bought - even the same color combo. If we had bought the extended warranty option it would have been about the same price you paid. Enjoy the van.
    Hi Stvroy, Congratulations! It was a great deal! Would you please let me know the names of the dealer and sales? I just want a 2011 XLE Basic model, but my husband would like to add NAV. Thank you very much.
    madbadger1-

We bought at Danville Toyota in Danville, VA. We live in NC and did a good deal of shopping around to know exactly what we want. We bought through their internet department (salesperson's name starts with a "K").

Do your research and have Trucar and edmunds details in front of you. I stuck to my guns and never got confrontational. K was outstanding and did his job well. He started at 1.5% over invoice and there was very little back and forth. I didn't mind them making some money from holdback and such, but I also let him know I knew holdback was there and what number that was. I used that number as a dealer profit number and told him a number I would pay. He was outstanding to work with.

Good luck on your purchase!
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Thanks for the info, congrats. Can you tell me how much the dealer holdback money is? I wonder if it's applicable in Los Angeles and towards a lease.
  • ksan1ksan1 Member Posts: 4
    Just came home with our new 2011 Sienna XLE with Premium Package+Mats+RoofRack

MSRP: $39,709
    Final Price: $33,800 + $800 + TTL

Getting internet quotes was a great tip that I got from reading this forum and it worked great.. Thanks for all your posts in the forum. Happy to share how we did it if people are interested.
    Thanks, I'm extremely interested as I am days away from trying to make a deal on the same exact car, can you post the details of your deal? Thanks, and congrats!
  • rke1rke1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi - Did you take delivery of the Van or are you waiting for the dealer to locate the van. The reason I ask is I finalized the deal for XLE base / Predawn but the dealer is having difficulty locating the van - This NY / NJ area. Thanks.
    edited July 2010
    nice deal congrats! i should have waited a bit longer before my purchase (should've done more research). i got my 2011 sienna xle in may and payed just under invoice, but your deal is much better. getting jelous of all these deals... happy for y'all tho! how'd you do it?!
    I'm confused with those of you getting great deals on Sienna XLE's under invoice. I'm looking for a 39K Sienna XLE (with top prem package) and I haven't received a quote near that- best so far has been only 1,100 OVER invoice. And the Edmunds TMV is 1,200 over invoice for this car.
  • beethoven1beethoven1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys,

My friend and I will buy two sienna LEs next week, and we are in Michigan.
    I have got a Darcar's quote for $26,300, but the problem is that they are in MD and it is too far from us.
    Any of you could recommend some dealership in, e.g. MI, IN, IL, OH or other Nearby States? We are not greedy: for V6 LE, some $27,000 offer would be acceptable. And we will buy two.

Please advise guys.

We would appreciate your help,
  • mozartmanmozartman Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2010
    Hi beethoven1,

I am in the same position that you guys are. I am in metro Detroit. I got quote from Darcars for $26,500, but i can't go to MD yet. And all Michigan Toyota dealers around here are scum bags; the lowest price quote I got is $28,200+tax+etc = ~$30,200 OTD. I AM NOT BUYING FROM THEM! I got quotes from some dealerships in IN, IL, and OH, they are not much different than in MI.
    Mozartman,

I actually got quotes around $27,600 + TTL from some Chicago dealerships.
    I think that is still too high. I do not know what's problem with MI's toyota dealership...
    Have you checked carmax? They have the no-haggle price around $27,3xx.
    Let's keep each other updated my friend.

I hope we could get some help from other ppl :).
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2010
    Hey all...I have flown for cars before and its really painless...for the DARCARS deal, fly into Baltimore Washington Int (BWI), good ticket deals th there...very short ride to Silver Spring...catch a orioles game, see downtown DC...enjoy your ride back...in your steal deal swagger wagon!!!!
  • bmw4me2bmw4me2 Member Posts: 54
    Hi beethoven1,
    I noticed in today's Chicago Tribune that Elgin Toyota in Elgin, Illinois is selling Sienna LE's for $26,990 plus tax, tag and $154 dealer fee. They have a ton in stock.
    They also have a $299 lease deal on the LE for 36 months with $0 down . Add for tax, tag and dealer fee.

I hope this helps!
    I have had a hard time to find the best deal in Chicago/Milwaukee Area. I need some quotes of 2011 XLE Base FWD Model or with NAV or with Premium Package. Please if anyone can help me to find a dealer and the sales' names who would like to give the best offe, we will buy it soon. Thank you for any help.
    Thank you very much.
  • maruthimaruthi Member Posts: 1
    Just bought the XLE 2 weeks ago runs great.Sorry for sharing a little bit late. I have bought it in MD. Price is 29700 + TTL(100 processing+ 6% Md tax+ 289 tags) or 31870 . The dealer has given floor mats and door sill protector. I had wonderful experience from this sales person who was refereed to me by Edmonds. I have got this from Darcars silver spring MD. I can share the sales person name if you can PM me.Price was what he has told me over the phone and it all went smooth.
    bmw4me2:

That's a good news for us. Thank you so much for the information.
    Btw, do you have a link to their ad. or somthing? I tried to search Chicago Tribune online but I cant find such info.

Thank you,
  • bmw4me2bmw4me2 Member Posts: 54
    beethoven1,
    I don't know how I can get you a link to the ad in yesterday's Chicago Tribune but the ad reads as follows: "New 2011 Toyota Sienna LE 3.5 V-6, alloys, traction control, ABS, Triple zone A/C #29994. Buy for $26,650 or lease for $299 per month for 36 months. Lease is for 36 months with $0 due at signing. Security deposit waived. Plus tax, title, license and $154.38 doc fee. To qualified buyers. Offer expires 8/2/10." Please let me know if I can help.
    Sure --

Here's what I've gleaned from talking to the various internet managers of the car dealers in my area.

My price was a little bit of luck too (exlpained below), but hopefully you can use the tips below...

XLE+Premium+Mats+Roof Rack
    MSRP: $39,709
    Holdback: $650 roughly
    Mktg Support: $350
    Invoice: Around $35-$36 - I'm hearing different things on this one.
    Breakeven point: $33,200 - this is from the manager I worked with said that he would honor $33,800 and that at least gives them $500-600 (dealer holdback).. I thought that was pretty fair.

KEY: Work dealers against each other - drop names/dealerships with them freely, but be honest as they can call you on your claims. There is a lot of inventory right now and while the Sienna is new, there is a lot of competition for it, especially since they all know that the Odyssey is coming in 2 months and they're going to get destroyed by it.
    ---- Also, the fact that you are shopping for a minivan, means you have kids & limited time to shop, you should use this to your advantage! Try and make it a quick sale for them & they should be OK with getting less profit.

Useful things to know:
    1) How many dealers are in your area with the exact model & options?
    2) How big are the dealers? Part of a Automall or individual? (the bigger dealers seem to be willing to go much lower)
    3) Are any of them close to each other? Are they a far drive for you?
    4) Do any of them have Price-Match guarantees? (i.e. "meet or beat")
    5) Do any of the dealers offer anything extra? (Some offer free carwashes, some offer loaner cars for all repairs >$200, etc) - use this as negotiation points if a dealer is only willing to "meet" the price.

1) Get internet quotes for ALL the dealers on this model - be specific
    2) If you haven't already, go test drive the 2011 Sienna at the highest priced dealers -- you know you are not going to buy there so get a feel for the car, make sure you like it.
    3) Narrow the list to the 2-3 lowest price dealers & start to work them against each other -- You might want to also get Honda Odyssey quotes as well since brand-new Odyssey's are going for CHEAP now.
    4) When I got a quote from a dealer, I would call back and let him know that Dealer X offered to beat that price, could they do anything to get you in the store TODAY with a check? Typically, they will fall over themselves to do this for you if they know it's a quick sale - drop hints about making it quick - after all you know the vehicle by now. Also, see if they have any higher mileage 2011 Sienna's (ones that they've used as demos, etc).. Get a quote from these and shop that price around. Other dealers don't know the mileage, they're assuming everything is in new condition.
    5) Before you go to the final dealer, make sure you shop around the final price and ask other dealers to beat it (include all of them at this point).. Since this is likely over the phone, write down Date/Time/Salesperson Name/MSRP of vehicle offered/Color/# Miles/Any Dealer freebies (free car washes, etc).
    6) Go to the dealer that you have the lowest quote from and say, I got offered another quote to Dealer X that they would beat your price by X - I'm ready to sign the check if you beat it by $X. If they resist, bring up any other points of difference (like "they're also throwing in free car washes or extended warranty, etc"). Walk out the door and go to the other dealer if you don't get it.

Hopefully that helps.
    I am interested in buying the same vehicle. Can you please email me madipac @ yahoo.com the dealer info? Tried to ping you, but did not know how to do it. Thanks
    Where are you located? My dealer was in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. I used Performance Toyota in the end - I've done business with them in the past and they are very honest and straightforward. I highly recommend them. Let me know if you want the salesperson's info - he did a great job!

They didn't have the lowest price, but their honesty was enough to tip the scales. They also offered a pretty fair trade-in value for my car so they probably were ok with the low price on the Sienna.
    Hi Bmw4me2,

I just called that Chicago Elgin toyota dealership and asked for the OTD price. A sales manager told me that their price is $26,650. Then I said that you forgot your doc fee of $155. He said oh yes we need to add that. Then I asked about the $800 dest fee. He said yes of course we will add that. Then he just blah blah. Finally I still have no idea about how much other "hidden fees" they have there. Their SP is reluctant to give me the OTD price.
    We live in Metro Detroit and Cinci is very close....Can I have the name of the sales guy? CAn you email it to madipac @ yahoo.com. Thanks so much
    Hi Saritha, Congrats! You got a good deal. I have been in the market for XLE and can't decide which dealer to go and find the best deal. Would you please let me know the sales name and what it's the exactly price you got. I am appreciated your help. Thank you.
  • lsouterlsouter Member Posts: 13
    -ksan1

This was an extremely helpful post. I am not sure if you were already asked this, but where (dealership name and state) did you get this deal? I intend to follow your advice from this post in hopes of getting a similar deal. When did you purchase the vehicle?

I have no idea how to PM you, but would like the salespersons name as well.

Thanks
    The dealership was Performance Toyota in Cincinnati, OH (actually the city may be Fairfield, OH). Not sure how I PM you either, but since madipac (see a few messages above) was brave enough to post his email address, you can try emailing him and get the contact info from him.

PS: When I went to buy the car, they had a HUGE selection of 2011 Sienna's - I counted about 13. It looked like they were wanting to unload them & they weren't moving very fast.. Not sure how many were XLE with Premium, but we personally looked at 4 of them (1-Predawn Gray Mica, 3-Silver Sky Metallic).
  • diarmidediarmide Member Posts: 1
    I live in Tn and have NEVER bought a new car in my life. My husband passed away unexpectedly 3 weeks ago and I am driving around 2 preschoolers in a vehicle with no air that failed 2 emission test before it FINALLY barely passed. My husband advised me to buy a car before he passed and I have decided on a Toyota Sienna. How do I go about finding the BEST price as he didn't leave me a ton of $$ to work with. He was my machinic and I will want to get whatever it is called so Toyota will maintain the oil change/hoses/ etc. As you can tell I am green as grass but need to get a car fast as the one I have been using ( my mom's Toyota Seinna) returns to Canada with her tomorrow. Tax rate in TN is 7% and in AL it is 4% - I am not opposed to traveling to get a good price.
  • key4871key4871 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    ksan1, can you PM me your sales person's name. Want to see if it is same person I am dealing with.
    Thanks for all the great info! I'll let you know how I do!
    They are definitely hard to find in that color and equipment. Our van is sitting at the dealer now. We are in California on vacation, but the dealer has it now.
    That's a wonderful deal!

Thank you for providing the details of your purchase. We are just days away from signing on the dotted line ourselves on a very similar vehicle. Looking at your numbers, we see that our negotiations are in line with yours (good to know!). The only thing we added was Navigation Package, and we did not order the accessory package. Adjusting for those things, I'd say we both 'done good!'

We received OTD offers from so many dealers across the country (had to set up a spreadsheet to keep up with it all!), and those who wanted too much of a profit (we accounted for actual dealer cost) lost out on getting anything from us.

**With the 2011 Odyssey coming out in the very near future, many Toyota dealerships might feel a gentle threat from their age old competitor, thus offering amazing deals on the Siennas now.**

Enjoy your new Sienna! Congrats!
  • peteryguopeteryguo Member Posts: 4
    A dealer in Boston area (Tax 6.25%) gave this internet price after one-email inquiry. I did not do further negotiation yet. What's your opinion about this price? please give me some advice. Thanks.