Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jay1234jay1234 Member Posts: 7
    I have quote 2011 Sienna LE at $31,000 OTD in houston Area.
    It includes omtions like mud guard, tint, matt and alarm.
    Is it good price?
  • randomeonerandomeone Member Posts: 20
    Interesting, stock #048346 is $30,099, not sure what the difference is. In any case, you're +/- a couple of hundred bucks from one of the best prices around. If I had found that price locally, I would've taken it. I found about $1k worse, so I just packed up the kids and made a little trip of the whole adventure and bought from fitzmall.
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2010
    Internet Price: $30,099.00
    Value Price: $30,494.00
    I called and basically $30,099.00 is a price that you never get. You have to pay the $30,494.00. I asked if the difference is the destination charge and I got an answer that it is but it is not. I know that destination is $810.00 anyway.
    The price I got was NOT in the tri state area. The local dealers did the same to me, give me a price, when I try to pay their car magically disappears without fail. One even tried 3 times to take my keys for the car I drove in with. I was not blocking anybody at all.
    Oh, and they want to charge a $99 processing fee. So, I guess I paid exactly the same price as them.
  • bradythfbradythf Member Posts: 2
    can't use salespersons name, posting rules for forum, but his initials are W.M.
  • dev_pdev_p Member Posts: 22
    I got quote from Fitzmall is giving for LE 8 pass for
    $27,747.00 + tax + title/license + $120 doc.

Just compare that with your quote removing you tag/taxes and doc ? OTD cannot be compared as taxes varies by state.

BTW a local dealer when I showed this quote refused to give at above quote said Sienna is hot and they are going out quickly. But I would advise keep trying .
    I am not in hurry to buy just trying to get feel of prices.
  • randomeonerandomeone Member Posts: 20
    The value price is for things like loaner car and some service stuff which I declined, as I'll never go there for service since I don't live ther. I bought a similar XLE that was $30154, if I recall correctly, and that is exactly what I paid when I went down there. I didn't even pay the $99, as I am doing the docs, etc., myself.

They were a bit pushy trying to sell some Lojack-like system and extended warranty, but I held firm, paid my money, and left.
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2010
    Don't know the OTD charges there in Houston...Tax, proc, etc, I paid 26,300 plus tax tags in MD, the token 2yr main, 2.9% financing. Ended up at 27.343. I would think you could do better than 31K OTD...of course the tint is probably 300, mud guards 80, mats 120 or so..alarm? I know the factory comes with security, not the lojack type stuff..that may be 2-300 or so....mine came with mats and trailer prep with a sticker of around 30500 just for an idea
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The value price is for things like loaner car and some service stuff which I declined

It's basically every other oil change for free, coupons for all other visits.
  • jordan78jordan78 Member Posts: 3
    MD‘s tax rate is 6%. So 26,300 plus tax is 26,300*1.06= $27,878
    Plus TTL, should over $28,000. Am I wrong ?
    Could you pls tell me which dealer you purchased the car ? I'm near MD too. Thanks.
    You got a better deal than me by $500.
    However, I did $2,000 better than any dealer in NY or NJ.
    They were a major headache to deal with too.
    Overall, I was happy with the purchase.
    I live in VA...so taxes much lower...

email me and I will fwd you the complete info and my AWESOME salesperson...they beat everyone I could find by $1K...the dealer nearest me (gave him last chance) said they must be doing a bait and switch and there was no way they could do that deal...but the deal was exactly as promised..
  • toysie11toysie11 Member Posts: 1
    What deals did anyone find on the 2011 Sienna in RI or MA?
  • copper_headcopper_head Member Posts: 5
    I could not understand why dealers in MD area can offer such low price. The lowest price I got in Phoenix is 27800. Here below is the dealer breakdown for an LE. The basic cost 25754 + destination charge 810 already exceeds 26300. How can MD's dealers make profit in the end?

Retail Dealer Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 29100.00 $ 25754.00 $ 29100.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer .. 220.00 176.00
    Towing Prep Option: ........................ 220.00 176.00
    Includes Engine Oil Cooler, Larger .........
    Radiator and Fan ...........................
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector ...... 324.00 198.00
    --------- --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 764.00 $ 550.00 $ 764.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 810.00 $ 810.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 579.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 10.60
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 582.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 291.00
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 28576.60 $ 30674.00
    I would not worry about their profits. The car I bought was a good deal and the dealer was very eager to sell it to me at that price. One NY dealer kept on telling me that the deal I have is too low. He also said I should tell them the name of the MD dealer so he can buy from them and resell in NY. It made me skeptic about the deal, until I signed at the dotted line. The deal was good and MD dealers are legit. Obviously, you need to do your homework and be diligent. I used Koons.
  • emsman1emsman1 Member Posts: 6
    What dealer in the Boston area? Did you go through with the deal? Details?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter hopes to interview someone who recently bought or shopped for a new minivan in the Boston area. If you care to share your story, please email your daytime contact info and a word about your experience to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, October 8, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

How about NY/NJ/CT area? I am available.
  • copper_headcopper_head Member Posts: 5
    Hi:

can you pls share your experience of buying a car from another state? I am mostly interested in if you still need to pay the local tax for the state where you purchased it. Also do you just drive it back or have some company transfer it for you?

thanks
  • mymaimimymaimi Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for this forum. I was able to get a lot of informaiton and know what is a fair price to pay for my new Toyota Sienna Limited. I think I got an OK price without any hassle.

I got this deal through www.zag.com. They sent my reqeust to 3 dealers and AutoNation came back with the best quote with one of their dealership, Power Toyota Irvine.

Here is what I got

Toyota Sienna FWD $38,700
    Special Color $220
    LTD Premium Package: $4,025
    Lower Door Molding $209
    Cargo Organizer, Roof rack Cross Bars $424
    Carpet floor Mats/Door Sil Protector $324
    Delivery Fee $810

MSRP $44,712.00

Price Purchased (not including TTL) $40,738.60

The price I paid is $200 over invoice. Personally I don't think I can get this price if I walk into the dealership directly. So overall this is a reall success for me.
    You will only pay Tax Tile and Registration in your state where you will register the car. If they ask you to pay for out of state, you know you are being scammed.
    Already sent you email for a while. Please check your mail box. thanks a lot.
  • kingzookingzoo Member Posts: 8
    Bay area, the best quote I got is 35,500 (39,000 OTD) for 2011 XLE with premium package (navi and DVD). Is it a good price at all? Thanks.
    Why is your OTD so much higher? What is the exact break down?
    State tax is sky high 9.25% for CA.This is the major reason.
    and I was complaining how high 7% was...
    How about the price though? Is it a good deal or not?
    What are the exact options? I am sure you have floor mats, right? What is the exact MSRP?
    It's with premium package and floor mat/door sill protector. MSRP 39,734.
  • austin25austin25 Member Posts: 3
    I got quote for 2011 XLE without Navi and DVD at OTD $34,810 at Austin, TX.
    Is it good deal?
    Please share OTD if there is anyone near by Austin, TX got 2011 XLE recently.

Thanks in advance.
  • ttran813ttran813 Member Posts: 5
    At first, I wanted to save money and decided to buy 2010 Odyssey EXL for $31,500 OTD, but the dealer wanted $32,300 OTD. Finally, I bought 2011 Seinna XLE without NAV/DVD for $33,500 OTD in Florida.
    Just came back from dealer in NJ got this quote. They don't have the color I want and it could take 1 month to get it. Thats a long time of waiting - so decided not to go for it.

27,346 + Destination $810 + tax + MV fees $399 + $249 documentation fee = 30800

Want to see if anyone got better than this?
    email me for specifics, place, person. etc...mine was 263xx, plus tax, registration. The fluff of $800 shipping was included...I paid 273xx OTD
    Mail you again.

Thx a lot. :)
  • gbitgbit Member Posts: 10
    Which dealer is this from ?
  • oz9oz9 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    i got 350 a month taxes etc rolled into payment on a LE lease 3 years 500 out of pocket in ny
  • minnu2minnu2 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    Pls give feedback on the price for the 2011 Sienna 2WD 3.5LV6 LE 8 passenger +leather+DVD only priced at 30K +++ near Atlanta suburb. O.T.D price is 32,400. Can I get a better deal? Thanks.
  • 2010odybuyer2010odybuyer Member Posts: 6
    Is the DVD aftermarket installed by the dealer or the dual screen? Unfortunately the aftermarket DVD didn't come with RCA input at one of the dealer in Chicago suburbs. The dealer quoted $32,899 with DVD + leather & CY package.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    $32,899 for LE with aftermarket DVD?
  • minnu2minnu2 Member Posts: 10
    Nope its not dual screen. It is (toyotas) installed by the dealer.
  • 2010odybuyer2010odybuyer Member Posts: 6
    Yes. It had dealer installed aftermarket leather seats also with warming option for the driver & passenger seats for $2999. The rate includes that.
  • chloe2008chloe2008 Member Posts: 2
    When I start looking for my Sienna, I searched this web site and found it very helpful so I thought that I should join and post to thanks all of you. We got our Sienna XLE + NAV + MAT + CROSS BAR for $33,109 + TTL in the bay area. I hope this help those of you in the bay area looking for a reasonable price. I tried offering them $ 32,500 + TTL but no deal accepted.
  • cbad14cbad14 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your info. I am looking for the same configuration. Was their offer of $33,109 their first offer or did they negotiate down. I was offered $35,500 today before TTL. Sounds like there's room for improvement in their offer.
  • jasoldjasold Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote of $32040 includes destination plus TTL in the N/NW suburbs of Chicago for a 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE with DVD (Entertainment Package).

Please provide your input if this is a good price or can I go a little lower?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I am going to pull the trigger on this.
    Total OTD in NJ comes out 30500.
  • chloe2008chloe2008 Member Posts: 2
    A month ago, they were qouting $33K. They mentioned that Toyota raised the price by $500. You can probably talk them to $33K.
  • cbad14cbad14 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply. I'm in the southeast.

Does anybody know if the pricing on Toyotas differs much by region? Or should a price offered in one region be just as acceptable in another region?
    Purchased the car last friday @ 26,930 + TTL, total OTD 29,900 (1500down since no car loan history, APR 3.09). Is it a good deal?
  • smilesmilesmilesmile Member Posts: 1
    got a quote from dealer for LE V6 AWD $30234, not including TTL. Is it an okay price?
    Invoice is $38,665 + $668 Ad fee + $810 destination

When will be the best time to buy 2011 Sienna? There is no incentive or low APR right now.
  • gshellgshell Member Posts: 4
    Just replaced the rear pads and rotors on 2007 sienna. How you your adjust the parking brake....thanks