Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• serendipitous1serendipitous1 Member Posts: 1
    We just got an XLE with premium package, roof bars, wheel locks, and mats, for $35,388 plus TTF in Fairfax, VA. I feel like we may have been able to inch down a little, but not much more.
  • ldkronosldkronos Member Posts: 35
    There was a $1000 rebate during Toyotathon that was only for the LE model, and only available in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota (I checked the entire US and it was not available anywhere else). I did a ton of searching on zag in those 4 states and found the best price was at Libertyville Toyota, about 30 miles north of Chicago. So I traveled all the way from Detroit. I took the Amtrak from Detroit to Chicago, the Metra train from Chicago to Libertyville, my salesman picked me up from the train station, then I made a 6 hour drive home in the Sienna.
  • lasik1lasik1 Member Posts: 3
    We bought our Sandy Beach Ltd. with the tech package, premium package, convenience package and carpet mats. We used the Costco buying program and it was interesting. We paid $43,371 on an MSRP of $46,739. They were able to back out the Toyogard "protection package" ($899) which is nearly pure profit, as it is a distributor added item. I had never seen one without it when I searched online. They also lined out the $599 dealer services fee which I enjoyed- I always hated arguing about that one. We paid a few hundred over invoice, but erasing the Toyogard and the dealer fees may have been a job without Costco- I'm not hard-nosed.
    We traded in our well used, 84K mile '05 Sienna Ltd. with the same option set, which spoiled us for anything less. They gave us $12K for it, which I felt was fair.
  • chipcruiserchipcruiser Member Posts: 2
    Very useful forum that gave great negotiating tips! I picked up an XLE w/Premium package, roof rack, carpet in the Bay Area for $35,900. I insisted on a Sandy Beach color and hence had to pay ~$200 more. Else could have got it for $35,700. Internet pricing has made it so much easier to negotiate the pricing - what a relief to not sit in front of a sales person in his office negotiating the deal!

I closed the deal on internet chat - I told the internet sales person my price (basically a quote from another dealer for the same car, but unfortunately could not get me the color I wanted) and they essentially matched it.
  • jfw61jfw61 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Toyota dealers receive reimbursement for floor plan fees. And, if so, how to you determine how much they are.
  • oarsoars Member Posts: 11
    I admire your enthusiasm and efforts. Congratulations on your purchase!
    Finally found the answer myself. "Preferred Accessory Package Plus" option contains the following: Roof Rack, Door Sill Appliques, Floor Mats, Cargo Nets
    Finally brought home the Mica Gray XLE that we bought last weekend for $33,188 in the SF Bay Area, essentially $750 below the old invoice price which was the zag pricing offered by the dealer. We also got the "Preferred Accessory Package Plus" option - Roof Rack, Door Sill Appliques, Floor Mats, Cargo Nets - plus mud guards.
    OTD price $36996 with the following breakup:
    tax: $3241 licence fees: $381 registration: $122 doc prep: $55

A sincere thanks to Edmunds for hosting this board and everyone who diligently post and respond to questions. It made my car buying experience a real smooth one! Power to the consumer :)
  • azkid2azkid2 Member Posts: 47
    Am in the market for same in the Bay Area. Which dealer did you work with?
  • azkid2azkid2 Member Posts: 47
    Please, which dealer did you work with?
    Toyota of Fairfield also called Momentum Toyota. I used zag with different local zip codes to find them. BTW, they said they had 2 remaining Siennas from the pre-recall lot (as opposed to 12 the weekend before). You can get the contact info from zag or ask for internet sales.
  • sfbayarea2sfbayarea2 Member Posts: 2
    Since I am in the Bay Area too, just wanted to share with you that the best quote I got for the LE is $27888, XLE $30491, XLE with Nav $33172, XLE with premium package $35554. Please share if you get something better.

Thanks.
  • casaccasac Member Posts: 1
    Please share the name of Bay Area dealership you got quote XLE for $30,491. Does it include carpet and cross bar? So far I got quote for $31,100.

Thanks
  • chipcruiserchipcruiser Member Posts: 2
    Not sure if you are still looking. This was Stevens creek Toyota. But Antioch Toyota was the one that offered me the best deal first. Stevens Creek Toyota just matched them since I would have bought from Antioch otherwise - though Antioch did not have the color I wanted.

To their credit Stevens Creek Toyota was real easy to work with.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter seeks to interview a current car shopper about Toyota. Have the headlines of the past year affected your interest in the brand? Please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, February 9, 2010 with your comments.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dell1180dell1180 Member Posts: 4
    Currently looking into a 11 Sienna SE. Here is a quote I got from a dealer, I am in the Los Angeles Area..

32,900 plus fees(tax, lic, doc fee of $55 and $8.75 CA tire tax).

Looks a bit higher than the market value but I wanted to check here.. Is this a high price?

Only option is the SE preferred packaged..

thanks
  • toyo11toyo11 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone recently bought a Sienna LE AWD and would you please share your prices?
  • indianriderindianrider Member Posts: 30
    Finally got my XLE couple of days ago. PreDawn Gray Mica color. I did a deposit on that on Dec 31st at Libertyville Toyota, IL. Finally, the Sienna arrived on Feb 7th and I picked it up. The price was 30,594 which I had negotiated based on the best zag.com prices as of December 31st. I know that the prices went up but the dealership gave me the exact price without any hassles.

Included accessories: Cargo Organizer, Roof rail Cross bars, and Floor Mats with window sill protectors.

This dealership was recommended by ldkronos. The dealership was awesome to deal with. Just emailed him and got the price without any hassles. I never had such a smooth experience ever before. No cross selling anything by the sales guy. Though the business manager did try to sell the extended warranty, and other protection stuff which I declined and they did not push. Awesome experience and I will definitely be my go to and recommended place for any Toyotas.

The sales guy is the Internet sales manager, Scott Waller. The best of the best. Note that I am not working in any way for Libertyville Toyota. Just a happy customer and went with the dealer based on ldkronos recommendation. Thanks a ton to him.

Here is the breakdown.

Price (including the listed accessories which are roughly 400$): 30,594 $
    Trade In (2000 Maxima : 3200 (I could have got 3500 if I had gone with the white color on Dec 31st but chose to wait for the Gray mica one.
    EFF Fee: (license sticker transfer) : 25
    Documentary fee: 156.08

Total: 27575.08 $
    Tax: 1930 $
    REG/LIC/TAG Fees: 120.00

Balance: 29625$

But the main thing to note is the price of 30,594 which was way below invoice. I can't believe I am saying that but I love the Sienna. I never ever thought I would actually ever buy a minivan. Too much pressure from the wife but am really happy.

Hope the info helps.

If u are ever going to deal with Scott Waller, u can give my name: Sanjeev Thallikar. I think he will be happy to hear that he has a happy customer. Don't worry. Nothing in it for me.
    edited February 2011
    Definitely a High price for the SE. Get a price through zag.com or truecar.com for various zip codes around ur area. Ur price is more than 3000$ for what I can get here in IL through zag.

Without any options, the price is $29,211 for an SE FWD and $30,576 for the XLE FWD through zag.com
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I started to notice that after talking with a few more dealers,

prices went from 32,900-32980-32000.

Newest quote I rcv'ed was,
    msrp: $34,784

$31,975 + Tax & License
    Se Preferred package
    Towing
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade

on truecars, avg was paying 32,817, factory invoice was 32146..

sigh this is hard work..
    Sanjeev,
    Glad you too found that Libertyville treated you great. I didn't see Scott when I was there. I dealt with August Reyes (sales) and Joe Gunther (sales manager), and both of them were awesome. My F&I guy was Dan Fernstrom (was that the same guy as you), and I didn't find him the slightest bit pushy on the warranties either. He explained all the warranty options and then said "or initial here if you'd like to decline" and left it at that. Really great.

I think the fact that we've now dealt with at least 4 different people there and they've all been wonderful to work with says a lot about that dealership. I can't recommend them enough.
    It's not really that hard of work. If it is, you are doing it wrong :) Use zag for your pricing.

I just checked and for zip code 90001 it came up with a dealer selling the SE with preferred package for $30,339 with a $55 doc fee (+ tax, title, and plates). That's showing up as the lowest zag price in the state of california.
    ha, maybe I am going upon it wrong..

Well I looked at the last quote again and compared it to zag quotes and it was pretty similar to a good price.

like I stated above,

Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 30850.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 3124.00
    MSRP - $34,784
    Dealer price- $31,975 + tax/license...

INVOICE FACTORY YOUR PRICE
    Base $29,751 $31,660 $29,041
    Options $2,505 $3,124 $2,505
    TOTAL $32,256 $34,784 $31,546
    Savings off MSRP: $3,238

I guess im just reading into it too much, reason why its so hard.. lol
    Sorry, I was going by your original post, where you said the only option was the SE preferred package, so that's what I was pricing. I see now that you also had towing, moonroof, and mats. Adding those in, I come up with $31,436 as the best price. To get that price, use zip code 90001, even if that isn't your zip code. You can then change your zip code when it asks you for you name, address, etc. This is how you get around zag's 3 closest dealer limitation to.

So that's $100 less than your zag price, and $500 less then your non-zag quote.
    Cool, Thanks! I will try that.

Hopefully I'll be behind a new car soon
    Yeah, Dan was the F&I guy. He was not pushy at all. Scott waller is the internet sales manager who sold it to me. Another guy who was great was the store sales manager named Dustin Boundy. Yeah, everyone was great to deal with. Was really surprised totally. They will be getting my business again and my recommendations. Thanks again.
  • michelle49michelle49 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking to buy an 06 Toyota Sienna that really looks great, I'm just a little concerned because the man said he bought it at an auction. I'd like to see if it has a clean carfax. The VIN is 5TDBA22C36S075435. Would someone be able to look that up please? Thank you so much!
  • yoyoma23yoyoma23 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am from CA bay area - redwood city. looking at buying a 2011 XLE With Navigation package and premium accessory package (mats, door sill protectors, cargo net and first aid kit). questions:

1) I have a quote for 33,652 excluding taxes, license and docuemnation and the dealer says no one can do better. is this really attractive?

2) the dealer says the documents and license fees are $559 - does this sound reasonable? I read in this forum it should be around $100 only? who much should it really be?

Thanks
    If that price includes the options you listed, then it seems like a really good deal. I looked on zag, and the cheapest zag price in all of California was in LA, and that was $35,650. That price includes just the Premium Package. According to zag, the premium package includes all the options of the XLE navigation package.

So if that price is legit, and it includes everything you listed, then it is a great price. However, I'm a bit skeptical about it, as I've not yet seen anyone beat a good zag price by over $2000.

About the other fees, according to my research, the documentation fee in California is limited to $55:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

As far as the other fees, you can calculate it here:
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Wow, that's expensive. California fees are about 2.5 times what they are in Michigan. Ouch.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    License fees in CA went up a couple of years ago... They used to average about 1% of the price... Now, it seems they are closer to 1.5-2%.. Doc fee is restricted to $55 max, as noted..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Carfax is not free. You need to pay for it and do it yourself or ask the dealer who should be able to give you the report, if there was nothing to hide. Auction does not mean anything bad. Predominantly, the trade-in's are auctioned and lot of the used car lots buy that. So, it could be a trade in or a rental car or something else. So,you really cannot tell.
    I think he is talking about the Premium Accessory Package and not the Premium Package. In other words he wants the Nav package + Premium Accessory Package (mats, door sill protectors, cargo net and first aid kit) - no entertainement stuff. His price is a good price (~ $700 below invoice) nevertheless.

And yeah, CA is expensive! Sigh! That's what we pay for the cold cold no-snow 40-degree winter we currently have!
    Ah, good catch on my mistake. OK, so rechecking zag for the nav package and premium accessory package:

Using ZIP code 95101 I get $33606
    Using 90001 gives $33413, which is the best zag price in CA. So it is possible to do a few hundred better than his initial quote. Of course, the drive from SF to LA probably wouldn't be worth it, but perhaps trying out various other in the bay area might get a quote somewhere between.
  • cito1cito1 Member Posts: 5
    We are looking to buy the 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD but don't want the entertainment package. The ONLY option is with the PT package which means we're subjected to paying $2k more for an entertainment system we really don't want in the vehicle. Nav package is all we want. The inventory in our 400mi radius is all PT and according to dealership their is no other production scheduled without it. Given the dealer sunk cost not much luck getting them to price without it. Got to $41.9k
  • texsteelertexsteeler Member Posts: 9
    Greetings to all from Newport News VA. Just bought our Sienna yesterday and I'm brand new to the message board.

We purchased a red XLE with the bisque interior, very basic options. Sticker price was approx $33.8; we paid $31.2. Although another dealership quoted me a USAA internet price of $30.8, they merely tried to add on $600 of processing fees and finder fees.

Overall I was happy with the price and the buying experience; my local dealer was very low stress, very professional. They paid Edmunds TMV for my trade even through it was pretty rough. With the low VA sales tax and the 2.9 financing I'm pretty pleased. I will get an aftermarket DVD player next week.

I would have loved to have bought a used Sienna and saved some $$$, but all the used ones are so strangely expensive it's just not worth it. Anyway, we are the latest addition to the Sienna club; I'll post my review on Edmunds in a few thousand miles.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats.
    Thanks. I appreciate all the posts and information I've found on this forum.
  • coolasicecoolasice Member Posts: 2
    this is in Boston area...

I am quoted a price of $28000 (+plus tax tags and fee) for a 2011 LE V6 that has tow prep group, roof rack and carpeted floor mats. is this a good price? please share your experience and suggestion...

also i am not in a rush to buy this van.. i can wait for few months... should i wait for 2012 to come out ? when it is expected? is waiting worth it ?
  • leighann4leighann4 Member Posts: 3
    might see you around town,... I live in hampton and work in Newport News . Have 2011 SE-predawn gray color. :)
    I do like the gray quite a bit. I was a little apprehensive about buying the red, but so far we still love it.
    We just returned from Wintergreen and the ice storm. Sienna performed awesomely. We are very happpy with this purchase.
  • venamoruvanvenamoruvan Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone.

I am planning to buy sienna LE 2011 by mid of march or before. I need to do some research on the price paid for the sienna LE 2011 .

I got a quote for $28K including all the tax . I would like to know if anyone bought less than that price

I would like to know if any one is planning to buy with me so that we will get a discount

Thanks in advance for your help ">
    Just saying $28K with tax doesn't tell us much. You need to break it down (vehicle, doc fee, title/reg fees, and tax), and also tell us which options you are adding on.
    YOUR PRICE: $26,165*
    Processing Fee - 389
    New Vehicles are plus Delivery Processing and Handling Fee, : $810 for Vans
    Tax : $800

This is what the last deal i got . Can you please tell me if anyone can beat / Match this ?

Thanks
    Hello ,

I would like to know the best price paid for 2011 Toyota Sienna LE with Leather Seats in north virginia
  • kenleslie76kenleslie76 Member Posts: 22
    Hello,

Need your help... I got a quote for the 2011 Sienna with options carpet mats/tint window MSRP $33,998. Dealer offer $32K OTD which including $300 state tax and close to $500 doc fees. My offer $31K OTD. They simply smile and say NO. Please let me know what is consider reasonable offer to them.. Thanks

Also was offer $29K OTD for a LE model MSRP $30,496. My offer $28K OTD and they reject
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Toyota has always operated this way. They say something is optional but never build it that way. We waited three months for our GX470 without 3rd row and rear spoiler and they pretty much told us tough luck. We're also interested in a Ltd AWD without DVD and it just doesn't appear to exist. I'm not sure which is worse...Honda with their take-it or leave-it models or Toyota with make-believe "options". I can get the Enclave or Acadia exactly how I want it...too bad they don't have a little more cargo room it would be a no-brainer.
    I suspect $32K OTD is pretty good for an XLE. You didn't mention if you have a trade in or not. That sounds pretty close to what I paid with similar options. The $500 processing fee is pretty standard with the VA dealerships. Shouldn't you be paying quite a bit more in state sales tax however?
  • kenleslie76kenleslie76 Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2011
    That's a good question.. This is for state of South Carolina. I was told from severals dealer that they charge you $300 cap for a new car plus dmv, etc..
    I came from Cal and we pay sales tax anyway from 7% - 10% so they make a big difference. My next question is...will the state require me to pay some form of payment I might not even now in the future? How nice is that you only have to pay $300 in new car fees. Anyway from SC or another similar state that doesn't require you to pay sales tax?
    $32K OTD with no trade in or whatsoever. They charge me the XLE for $31.2K before the TTL.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Maybe a new Quest? They give up some room to the Sienna/Ody as well, though.
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2011
    for LE v6 your price should be under 27k