Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• toyotafan18toyotafan18 Member Posts: 1
    First time poster.

Getting a quote of 47k for 2012 awd limited premium package with options otd price- Chicagoland area.

Good deal?

Please comment.

Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    What's the MSRP? Here in the DC area, fitzmall discounts their loaded ones by about $3500 or so. I'm not sure what your taxes are there, but we can do the math if you know the MSRP.
  • minivan3363minivan3363 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for 2012 Sienna XLE AWD. No optional packages. Is the Out the door price of $37000 reasonable? Is it even possible to go lower? It took me few days to get to this price.

Please let me know. I'm in northern NJ area.

Also, is it possible to deal in the rear parking assist sonar to the van? Does this sonar come already installed from the factory, or is it something that dealers can put in to the basic model?

Thank you!
  • madatcarmadatcar Member Posts: 6
    I agree with quizzer on this. Bay area dealers do think their Sienna are the best van in the world. No wonder Toyota has month over month lower sales compared to GM, Chrysler and Ford and even Honda. I guess they are not that hungry and still playing the limited stock meme though there is 100% production AD running on TV everyday. Time for incentives Toyota otherwise miserable sales figures coming your way for another month.

I am receiving 28500 for 2012 LE #5338 - online quote. At the dealership, they are not willing to deal below even that number.
  • 3boys1dog23boys1dog2 Member Posts: 4
    I think you can do better. I'm in southeastern PA and my best quote for a 2012 Sienna AWD XLE with the entertainment package was $36,500. I would approach other dealers with your quote and see who will do better. Especially with no options, it should be much less.
  • minivan3363minivan3363 Member Posts: 2
    Wow. that is low! That is out the door price?

Maybe I should go to PA to buy the car
  • phanatic06phanatic06 Member Posts: 7
    If you're a AAA member you can get a guaranteed member price of $34640. Not sure what the out the door price is with that.
  • cmkbdcmkbd Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new Toyota Sienna XLE in 2006 and loved the vehicle all the while I owned it.
    It was loaded with features, had a beautiful interior with soft plastic, and everything functioned the way it should. I only had 38,000 miles on it when I decided that I wanted to get the latest model Sienna. I liked the new style I had seen on the road and started my research online and learned a great deal.

After my research I visited Honda and Toyota dealerships. My initial impressions at both dealerships was that the interiors were not nearly as nice as my 2006, hard plastic and not much of an upscale look. Ultimately, with my wife’s urging we decided on the Toyota Sienna mostly due to outside style and the fact that the interior on the Sienna was a bit nicer. It was somewhat like voting in an election. You have two candidates and unfortunately you need to decide which of the two poor choices would be the best.

We made a deal on the XLE but I knew in my heart that this vehicle really fell short of what I had hoped to achieve by purchasing a new car. I was really disappointed in what Toyota calls one-motion stow seats. It still requires as much work as previously except with the new third row seats you get a horrible fit with a cheap flap that flips over held in place by Velcro. Since the flap fits so poorly, if you had boxes in the van in front of the 3rd row and pulled them back you would run into the flap and perhaps damage it. Perhaps they could have sprung for Velcro on both sides so it will stay in place. Also, the floor does not have solid footing as it did in the past. A really bad idea. The next thing that really bothered me was when the second row of seats were removed (something we do frequently when we travel to Florida) you don’t have a flat floor you have two large metal assemblies that can’t be removed and are really in your way. Next you have these awful tracks in the floor that were made to collect debris and food and whatnot. Even with the carpet mats in, it looks unfinished. In the past the carpet mat covered all of that, the floor was flat and no place to catch all the debris. Additionally, the old tumble seats worked more easily with a lot less effort. What was Toyota thinking?

Next, looking very carefully at the specs, I discovered things that surprised me to no end. Foolishly, I thought when I moved up from a 2006 Sienna XLE to a 2011 Sienna XLE I would get all that I currently had along with the latest and greatest features. I was appalled to discover that the new XLE, second to the top of the line vehicle did not have automatic headlights. I haven’t owned a vehicle in the past 15 or so years that this wasn’t standard on including two Corollas. I couldn’t believe it and this is something I really wanted. Further I found that the nice power folding mirrors had also been removed. Every time we pull into our garage we use this feature, now we would have to open the window and pull them in by hand. Unacceptable. The next two items I could live without but was surprised that they had been removed: Puddle lights and memory seats. My goodness, the second to top of the line Sienna XLE started to look like a stripped down base model.

Well, I couldn’t justify spending this much money and being this disappointed. Therefore, I decided that I was gong to have to move up to the Limited model. This proved disappointing as well. I was told that I couldn’t get the Limited with just Navigation but rather, would have to order the navigation and dual DVD player. The DVD player would never get used. Specifications clearly indicated on the Toyota site that I could order either one separately or as a package. But I wasn’t able to do that. I passed on this in favor of a 7” Magellan GPS (the same size screen as the in dash unit but far easier to use) for $147.00 with free map updates instead of the expensive updates with the Toyota product. The Limited also is only available with two moon roofs. We didn’t care if we even had one – but not an option. I am also amazed that Toyota would make standard Ottoman second row seats with a caveat that they are not to be used with the vehicle in motion. What are we supposed to do with them, invite friends over to sit in our van in our driveway? This is the height of dumb. However, the next item truly irritated me. I could only order the Limited with the $890.00 Convenience Package (HID headlights and rain sensing wipers). I didn’t want either of these. In particular, I hate those new headlamps when they are coming at me and didn’t want to do the same to others. Isn’t an option supposed to be an option? But again, no choice.

At this point, I’m still not certain why I decided to forge ahead and spend $42,000.00 on a vehicle that fell so short in so many ways.

Last Friday the Vehicle arrived and I picked it up. It looked very nice and I thought I’m going to get over some of these irritations and really enjoy the vehicle. That didn’t really happen. The first thing that occurred was the dealer offered to set up the BlueTooth for me – except it was such a complicated procedure, he asked the sales manager to get involved who also had great difficulty in getting it set up properly. (I have since spent several hours trying to get it to perform properly with no luck). Then I was informed that this particular “Luxury-Upscale” audio system was only capable of holding 26 phone numbers and apparently each had to be entered individually. We have two other BlueTooth products. One is a Garmin GPS that loads my phone book right into the unit the minute I connect ($150.00 item). Also, we have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata (Base model). As soon as I turn the car on, the BlueTooth gives me a message that it is loading the phone book (Not 26 items) all the items in my phone book or contacts list. I am so upset about this that it is hard to put into words that this $42,000.00 vehicle doesn’t even have a decent audio system in it.

Moving on. As soon as I began to drive the vehicle I noticed something very wrong about the steering wheel. The wood design on it is very slippery and slides through your hands creating an unsafe driving environment. I can’t believe there is no texture on this part of the steering wheel so that it is not so slippery. This is not a petty issue. Someone should look into this. I really do believe it is unsafe.

Trying to find something to be positive about, my wife and I decided to try out the second row ottoman seats. What a joke. I am 6’2” and didn’t expect them to work for me but she is only 5’4” and could not put her feet up unless the seat was all the way back - therefore no one could sit in the 3rd row and only if the front seat were all the way forward making it difficult to sit there. Basically this is a useless product and should not have ever been included not to mention, these seats are even harder to operate than the XLE seats and don’t p
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I passed on this in favor of a 7” Magellan GPS (the same size screen as the in dash unit but far easier to use) for $147.00 with free map updates instead of the expensive updates with the Toyota product.

I have one also. Does your have the video input? It would be in the lower left, at the bottom of the unit.

If so, register your Magellan, then consider ordering the backup cam. It lists for $150, but you get a 10% discount coupon when you register, so I paid $135.

Of course I think yours has a backup cam on a smaller screen already, doesn't it? If so, never mind.
  • mejazzmejazz Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    I am in Austin TX and I purchased a 2011 V6 LE with XM Radio, blue-tooth, and USB connection (plus some other crap thrown in by Gulf States Toyota like 3M window film, paint sealant, fabric protector etc.) for $29.1K+TTT (not using the $1000 rebate) - is this a reasonable price for an 11 LE V6? Could anybody from TX please comment. TIA
    BTW I am assuming couple of items as add-ons as i am not sure what is standard on LE V6; here is what i think are additional equpment: (1) the Blue-tooth controls on steering wheel (2) Stereo has XM Satellite Radio (3) There is a USB Connection alongwith AUX-in. Are these BT, XM, and iPod add-ons or just standard with all LE V6?
  • mac718mac718 Member Posts: 2
    I've also been offered $31,800 + TTL. I'm holding out to see if they come out with an outstanding finance deal. I'm debating between an Odyssey & the Sienna. I'm doubting Odyssey will come out with any great financing, but I'm hopeful Toyota will.
  • carpenter6carpenter6 Member Posts: 2
    I too am in the market, and was at a dealership last night. I would like to know exactly the deal you made. They are trying to get $29,500 for an LE with options overpriced by the dealer. On a 2011 consumer report says I should have paid $27,637 which includes the $1000.00 rebate. The 2012 Is sticker priced at $31,327.00 They want $29,500 + TTL I want to know if anyone knows the real price. And the real mark up the dealer uses.
    I got the 2011 V6 LE for $291xx+TTL without the $1000 rebate (used 60mo special financing) with no factory options but with distributor (GST -Gulf States Toyota) installed Window Tint (though LE comes from factory with privacy glass!), Premium Carpet mat set (include door sills protectors), Vehicle Shield Package.
    I honestly believe i paid too much as it is a 2011 - could have gotten at least another $2K off it on that basis especially as i traded in a newer vehicle that gives them another $3K-$4K profit margin.
    The thing with CR is that they probably are not adding the GST regional AD fee of $948 (sucks to be in TX suckered by the distributor) plus maybe the $810 destination fee.
    So for a V6 LE, around $29K+TTT in TX might be a reasonable price but for current model (2012) - the 2011 should be discounted further.
  • mmggmmgg Member Posts: 7
    I was offered $30,989 +TTL for 2012 XLE base.
    Yeah, i realized i paid too much. basically i was happy with paying less than invoice but should have gotten more discount for an outgoing model. But I intend to use this van for next 7-10 years and for now i got a safe family vehicle and am happy about it - not going to stress over it :)
  • count0123count0123 Member Posts: 1
    i just wanted to share the deal i got today since this board has been helpful to me. I purchased a 2012 sienna xle w/ carpet floor mats and door sill protectors (msrp 34340) for 31200 plus ttl. i might have been able to get a couple hundred more but ive already wasted 2 months researching and haggling pricing. that was the most i was gonna pay and feel i got a great deal considering truecar was at 31360. hope that helps everyone get a great deal on theres. this was in the chicago area incase you were interested.
  • mmggmmgg Member Posts: 7
    Glad to hear that.. I got mine today too & I am in Chicago area.. enjoy the ride!!
  • vanshopper2vanshopper2 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    We plan to purchase a new 2011 Sienna, adapted for disabled driver. It needs 3 factory modifications: a dropped floor; a side-entry power-driven ramp; removable Captains' chair and front passenger chair. All these are Toyota-factory-modifications; then, sent to Convert-A-Van type of dealers. We would love to know the price-to-the-dealer, so we can estimate how much profit margin he has. Otherwise, very difficult to negotiate with him.
    The prices that 3 dealers have quoted, are all approx. $ 55,000. The new
    2011 off-the-shelf Sienna is $ 23,000 - $ 24,000.
  • ldanldan Member Posts: 12
    Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney
  • carpenter6carpenter6 Member Posts: 2
    I talked to several dealers. The second dealer was in Bryan, Texas. They had a few 2011 and 12's to chose from. Best deal on a 2011 LE was $27,800 this one had the extras except for the alarm system.

I talked to another dealer between Spring, and Huntsiville. Best deal on a 2012 LE with Several extras was $29,000 +TTL

The dealers have the options marked up several times. They claim they don't, but how do they suddenly start marking down a vehicle when you lose interest.

The hold back of $810.00 can usually be negotiated away. That money is used for advertisement from the manufacturer. The first thing to do is ask the salesman or look at the sticker to see when they got the car. If they just got it, holdback is pure profit. I rarely see the same vehicles in the paper as the ones on the lot.

SECOND: Options are on there to make money, not lose it. There is always negotiation in options since they are marked up several times. I take the total amount of options and divide by four. Now I know the number to offer them for options. Don't pay etching fees, usually dealers can do this for $50.00 and charge several times more.

There is usually profit built into the base price as well. Do you really think they show you the real invoice price when they flip the screen around to show you invoice? Why do you think they get up and go see there manager. They don't really sell the vehicle under invoice unless they have taken you on your trade. It's just a shell game, learn it, then win it.
  • madatcarmadatcar Member Posts: 6
    Will there be any impacts to Sienna inventory like how Honda is being impacted?
  • wtlwtl Member Posts: 11
    Purchased a xle with nav, cross bar and other stuffs for 32000 +ttl with 36mo at 0% and dealer matched the trade in offer with carmax for our old car. Compare with our 99 sienna xle, I agreed with those complains others that Toyota is making new xle’s interior looks so cheap, plus many useful options are dropped from xle line from where it used to have, however, the longer I own it, the better I feel that we are making the good purchase decision (as opposed to the odyssey).
    One thing that I do notice and did not see anyone mention here is that Toyota is really, really making this van cheap. If you open the front door all the way, then stands behind the door looking toward to the front, and looking at the front bender panel via the gap between front door and the A-pillar (around two door hinges), you will find the metal front bender panel stops short of covering the whole area and something looks like insulation material (black form of some sort) extend out of metal bender panel. The metal front bender panel is “screwed in” to the body instead of “soldering” (or whatever you call it) to the body frame like the way I understood what it should have been done. While I question the integrity and strength of such design (cost to fix the fender bender), I don’t know if this short fall will cause any problem in the long run. I suspect at minimum it will trap some dirt as the time goes by and eventually disintegrate the insulation form, eventually causes more problems in the future.
    I know all 2011 are designed this way, but I am wondering if it changed for 2012? I would appreciate anyone been driving sienna and park outside for 6mo+ please provide your observation if you see any problem.
  • 20042011sienna20042011sienna Member Posts: 1
    Oct 28th, we purchased a 2011 XLE with NAV, DVD, and 8 passenger seating for $36,000 and took the $1,000 cash from Toyota to bring price down to $35,000 (the Sticker was $39,500ish) . We added the 100K extended warranty for $1200. The warranty was through Toyota and has no deductable. With today’s complex cars that have tons of electronics the warranty seemed like a good idea.

We traded in our current Sienna, 2004 LE with 159,000 miles and had some problems. The Driver door had the popping sound, VSC/Trac-off/engine lights were on, the Driver Sliding Door power lock was broken, the Pass Sliding Door wouldn’t open because the power door cable broke, also it was flagged for frame damage from a previous repair after a deer ran into the back corner. They gave us $6,000 for it, which was the same as Carmax offered. The Dealer said that Siennas hold their value better than most cars and that it is best to trade with just under 100K miles so that you get the most use out of it and the most value for your trade in. They said that ours was hurt by the previous repair and the high mileage.

We knew that it was time to replace the van and shopped many sedans, SUVs, and vans and even with all the door related problems on the prior van we ended up with another Sienna. The new van doesn’t have the Safety Connect, a power passenger seat, or auto head lights. I believe that the 2012 would have had these but would cost more.
  • powdylipzpowdylipz Member Posts: 5
    My quote was 2012 xle AWD standard $35,500 plus TTL plus cost to get car because it was out of state. Did you ever hear back if other poster's quote of $36,500 include entertainment package was out the door price?
    Was your $36,500 otd price? I'm looking for 2011/2012 AWD XLE standard and quote I received was $35,500 plus TTL plus cost to get car bc none in state for both. Odd that the price was the same for both years.
  • awd2011awd2011 Member Posts: 1
    I received a out of door quote for a 2011 Sienna LE V6 AWD in the NY/NJ area at approximately 32,300 without any additional options. This so far is the best quote I've gotten in the area among dealers who still have this model.

Do you think I'll be able to negotiate the price down a little more? It was priced about $1600 below invoice and what are realistic car options I can get thrown in if the price remains as is. Thank you.
  • gene87gene87 Member Posts: 1
    I got an out the door quote for 31300 for the same vehicle at toyota of henderson in NC. It was from Sean- internet sales manager I believe. You probably don't want to travel all the way here, but if they ave you a quote in writing, you might be able to use it as leverage to get your price lowered.
  • houston77498houston77498 Member Posts: 11
    I have an offer for 2012 XLE wit NAV + Ent. for 35,000 TTL in TX area, it's good to go OR working out more on this? Please help us
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    Not a bad offer at all. I got a much higher offer than that for the same model.
  • jmass3jmass3 Member Posts: 3
    It's a great deal! I just bought the same van in the Dallas area last week for about $1000 more! I thought I had a good deal!
  • pandaspandas Member Posts: 1
    The price includes $750 rebate (seems to only apply to SF bay area). OTD around 30200 (28250 + 55 doc fee + tax + registration fees - 750 rebate). It has only 3 miles on it and it is our favorite color.
    In Dallas area what is your OTD price, could you please give me number in breakdown like Base+Tax+Title+Doc fees etc.
  • 3boys1dog23boys1dog2 Member Posts: 4
    The $36,500 quote included everything but tax and tags. And, they transported the car on a flat bed from out of state because I did not want 200 miles on it before I drove it off the lot (their expense). I also sold my 2001 sienna privately for $500 more than they wanted for trade in.
  • az2011az2011 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote on 2012 XLE with premium pkg, Window Tint, Carpet Mats,TOYOGUARD Elite for $36,641+Documentation Fee $595=$37,236 (excluding tax and title fee). Is this a good price? I really don't care about the Window Tint, Carpet Mats,TOYOGUARD Elite. Do you think i can ask the dealer remove these items? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I saw others are getting it for $35000, which seems to good to be true in GA area.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is interested in talking with parents who own a 2011 or 2012 Toyota Sienna. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• brt5brt5 Member Posts: 1
    you got a quote for sienna 2012 xle with premium package for $36641; can you clarify AWD option also included in this deal.
  • az2011az2011 Member Posts: 3
    no,it is just FWD.
  • azileretsisazileretsis Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Current offer on the 2012 Sienna CE in the SE:
    $24,000.00 Internet Sales Price
    $ 698.50 Dealer Doc Fee
    $ 21.00 Title/Registration Fee($18) / Lemon Law Fee($3)

When I compare with True Car's $ below factory invoice. TrueCar's pricing really don't give much of a deal. This price doesn't include taxes since it's not my state and I will need to pay state taxes at registration.

It is far from the best price I have seen but a 2012 this early in the buying season?
  • sasi2sasi2 Member Posts: 2
    Could you please share the details of the dealer. I am looking to buy an XLE with ENT+ NAV this weekend. Thanks guys..
  • sasi2sasi2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am from Dallas area. Could you please share the details of the dealer as I am looking to buy one with same options this weekend. Appreciate your help.
  • desna78desna78 Member Posts: 21
    Dear Friends,

Finally purchased brand new (only 10 miles on odo) 2011 Toyota Sienna LE V6 FWD 8-passenger from Pauly Toyota in Crystal Lake, IL.

The selling price was $26,981 + tax (7%), title/licence transfer ($145), doc fees ($156) - traid-in ($11,500) = $16,875

MSRP for this van was: $31,274
    this includes:
    a) Anti Theft System
    b) Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    c) Towing Prep Option
    d) Destination Fee

did I overpay a lot or just about right?
  • goldenpiggygoldenpiggy Member Posts: 2
    I was at a Chicagoland dealer and was quoted about the same price (37233 + TTL + $156 doc fee). I told them $37K even and call it a deal. They refused. $200 and they let me walk, so I walked out. 30 minutes later they called me and said they'll do it.

Note this is for 2012 XLE with entertainment and navigation packages, not the premium package. As far as I can tell, no difference whatsoever except the price -- the premium package costs a few hundred more.

BTW there's 1.9% 60 months financing through Toyota on 2012's.

If one doesn't mind 2011 (which lacks automatic headlights and gets 1mpg less ), there's $1500 dealer cash. Not too many left, but dealers are trying to get rid of them, so figure $1500 under invoice...not bad if you intend to keep it for a long time.
  • ralphwiggum1ralphwiggum1 Member Posts: 31
    A friend and I are both looking to buy this van in the SF bay area and wanted to know if there are any others out there who want to group together to get the best deal. It obviously does not need to be the same spec van that we're looking for, but I've heard of people banding together to get a monster deal, so I'd like to see what we can do. So far, the best price I've gotten is $30,322 for a base XLE (but these seem to be rare).
    I got a quote for $34,600 plus TTL (standard and incl floor floor mats- no nav, no entertainment) but edmunds shows invoice of $32,700+810=$33,500 but all dealers say the invoice is above $34,000. Prob is they are hard to find. They keep trying to sell the XLE AWD with entertainment but I don't want to pay $2,200 more. Is $34,600 good price for AWD with no nav and entertainment?
  • chlo888chlo888 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2011 LE FWD that seats 8 passengers. This model has leather seats added but that is the only extra I had added. They are saying MSRP is $31,000. Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
    :D Dear Friends,

Finally purchased brand new 2012 Toyota Sienna Limited FWD-7-passenger with Limited Premium Package in TX. This web site helps me a lot in research.

The selling price was $40,720 + tax ($2649.67), title/license transfer & doc fees ($263.50) = $43650.00
    Plus Toyota Extra Care Platinum Extended Warranty (7 Years/75,000 Miles) $1944 + Toyota-Auto care premium Maintenance programs that Includes all Major Maintenance with regular oil & filters for 6 Years/90,000 miles for $1598 that means $43650 + $1944+$1598 = $47,192.00 OTD.

MSRP for this van was: $45,527
    this includes:
    a) 50 State Emissions
    b) Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    c) Special Color
    d) Limited Upgrade
    e) Ltd Premium Package
    f) Window Tint
    g) Cross Bars
    h) Vehicle Shield Package

If you need more info simply reply. :shades:
  • ldkronosldkronos Member Posts: 35
    I wasn't sure if that was a good price or not, so I tried checking ZAG for your area. Amazingly, ZAG gave me this message:

Texas laws state that only a dealer can provide your vehicle price. Please contact the participating dealer to get your price.

WTF? What kind of BS law is that?
  • lxowner2lxowner2 Member Posts: 51
    Hi there. You got a fabulous price on the car, congrats!

As for your extended warrantly, they got you on that one. You should cancel your extended warranty ASAP and do the below.

I learned from this site (and others) that you can buy an extended warranty from any Toyota dealership (even out of state) and every Toyota service center accepts it for covered repairs. The best deal around is from a dealership in MO. You can buy it over the phone, and save over 50% from the MSRP. For example, I got a quote on the 8 year/75,000 mile plan for under $700. Plus, you won't pay tax on it either.

I did this with my Lexus and saved hundreds. Here, you stand to save thousands!

Ask about the extended maintenance plan too while you have them on the phone!
    Hi lxowner2,
    Thank you for your post. Could you please forward contact information or name of dealership in MO. or I can choose any one of them. Please reply ASAP.