Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• curiousmindcuriousmind Member Posts: 3
    I finally took the delivery last Friday, could not get an XLE base that was offered for 31K + taxes, but with options all state tint and crossbars added $319 at invoice price. So total was 31319 + taxes with 0% apr for 3 years. Finance guy made me buy an extended warranty 8yr/100k for 1700/- I knew it was a lot, but knowing I can come back and cancel, I took it. I got a quote from Jerry Johnson (jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com - this is the goto guy everyone is talking about for deal on warranty) for $1039. I am going back today to cancel my warranty from my dealer and get the same from Jerry Johnson. Also note that Sienna has better incentive on 0%apr this month which I missed by few days!!!! they have 0% apr now for 3 and also 4 yrs!!!
  • pattysue1pattysue1 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought 2012 XLE, FWD, 8 passenger for $34,400. Has ENtune navigation system (which I think has bugs) and rear DVD/entertainment system, mud guards, and mats. Is a beautiful van for sure . . but not big on their new entertainment system. Need to search the forums and see if there is chatter on it.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who owns a minivan or considered purchasing a minivan, but opted for a crossover or SUV. If you own a minivan or considered purchasing one, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 10 a.m. Pacific /1 p.m. Eastern Thursday, April 12, 2012 with your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• geen1974geen1974 Member Posts: 9
    Can you please tell me what was the OTD price, that includes the Tax, Delivery fee all. Also, where did you purchase from. If you don't mind can you please send me the picture of your rear DVD/entertainment system, I was so confused about this I can't find any van with this option. My email id is gvci2001@yahoo.com. I am looking for this same style.
  • wajfwajf Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    How is an out the door price for a 2012 LE 8 pass base w/ no options for 31,000? Middle TN
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    edited April 2012
    MSRP=$34,340
    Neg$=$31,700
    Toy$=($500)
    Net$=$31,200
    Trade=$2,600 (2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport w/167,000)
    Diff=$28,600
    7%tx=$2,002
    Doc=$99
    Total=$30,701
    Down=$5,501 (not required)
    Loan=$25,200@0.0%=$700/month

Plus $50 test drive Visa card

My goal going in was a trade difference of $29,000 before tax so I am satisfied with this deal. Plus, using Toyota's money free for three years, what's not to like? Also, this vehicle was not on the lot but in their build queue for 4/19. I am taking the wife to Princeton to watch Siennas being built on 4/17--a pretty cool way to commemorate the purchase.
  • desna78desna78 Member Posts: 21
    Very good deal. In what city/state you purchased this van?

I am looking to buy 2012 Sienna LE V6 with floor mats only. What is the best price in April? Any one know?
    Indy

I sent a shotgun email to five dealers from the Toyota website telling them exactly what I wanted, when I intended to buy and that the successful bidder would be below invoice. Three wanted to play. I ranked them in reverse priority of most likely to deal, then visited the worst one on the list. This way, I know that I always have a (potentially) better deal in reserve which makes it easy to walk. Unfortunately for my most likely (and third in line), #2 didn't let me get away.

Since I had a trade in that wasn't worth a whole lot, the value assigned to it became the decision maker. My three finalist were within $200 of each other on the new van and started at the exact same number on the trade--$2000. I went equipped with Edmonds trade in values which showed the lowest number in fair condition to be $2617. When the dealer asked my favorite question, "What will it take to get your business today?", I was ready with an answer of $29,000 difference which would require a trade at $2800. They offered the $2600 shown by Edmonds and I thought that was pretty good movement on their part so I shook their hand.
  • pattysue1pattysue1 Member Posts: 5
    Which nav system did you get? I feel tricked, as their brochure only speaks to one nav system . . which is about $3000. The new system is only $1500, called ENTUNE. We can't get ours to work and have called the dealer to tell them to take the van back. It's been a horrible experience with SUPERIOR TOYOTA in Merriam, KS! Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

the van however, is lovely . . but I can't figure out what is worth $1500 with this Entune nav system? It runs off your smartphone, uses your data plan of the smart phone . .

Any thoughts on this folks? Thanks.
  • buytoyotabuytoyota Member Posts: 3
    Could you please let us know the dealer and his location from whom you got the vehicle?
    I'll let you know after I have the vehicle. It is being built on 4/19 and I should have it the following week. But, my deal was pretty straightforward and I believe can easily be replicated by anyone in a competitive Toyota market using the tactics I outlined previously. The dealer made money on me, and that's OK, that's why he's there. I just wanted to make sure I got as good a deal as possible in my market.
    Does you model include the DVD and Rear Entertainment System too?
    Obviously not-see the MSRP information listed in a previous post. It really doesn't matter what options are involved. Do your home work on what you want. Identify the difference between MSRP and invoice, be realistic about what your trade is worth and know what your financing capability is before you start shopping. Present yourself as a serious buyer ready to pull the trigger when a dealer has your stock and gets to your number. Take your time. You cannot help but get a good deal using my formula.

Your questions reveal that you haven't done your homework yet.
    Please if you do not mind, could you please let me know the dealer that you got this from?
  • cmoe22cmoe22 Member Posts: 5
    I had a very similar experience in the Chicago area. I was looking for an SE Sienna and emailed 4 dealers. Only one gave me a quote that I thought was fair along with a detailed spec sheet of the actual vehicle. The other dealers wanted me to come in and they agreed to beat my best deal by $250.

I went to the dealership with the fair quote. After looking at other Siennas my wife decided she really like the SE with the Nav. The Nav and rear camera are nice. The Entune is not very good in my opinion, but you can make a phone call simply by talking to the car. Say, "Call Home" and it will.

Anyway we agreed on a deal that matched my original one which was $3000 below msrp. The car listed at $36,900 and we agreed at $33,200. This was $1300 less than Edmunds Trueprice so I felt it was a good deal. We could have gotten an LE @ $31,000. My wife and kids love the van, and I admit it is nicer than I expected a minivan to be.
  • jcdivesjcdives Member Posts: 1
    I also contacted Jerry at Midwest Toyota and he called me the same day after reading my email inquiring on the extended warranty for my 2012 Sienna XLE. It was a great experience speaking with Jerry and he answered all my questions. This extended warranty comes with $0 deductible for 8yrs/100,000 miles; best deal in the country!
  • memarcusmemarcus Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    2012 Limited FWD
    Blizzard pearl
    Gray interior
    No NAV
    No RES
    Carpet mats, door sill protectors, side mouldings

$37,900+tax which is about an average price but the best I could do considering we had to order. No NAV or RES makes is an uncommon option package on the Limited model.

Other offers were $38,900+tax and $39,000+tax.

Best I can figure the actual cost to the dealer of this vehicle is 36-36.5. Add the typical $1K for them to handle, deliver, clean, and gas. and there you are. Probably could have haggled for days over a couple hundred more at most.

Louisville, KY area.
  • ariley4ariley4 Member Posts: 4
    This site was so much help last week! I sold my 07 honda odyessey w/the idea of buying a new 12 odyssey to replace it. I did all my research on the honda last week here and made my deal via internet that was very impressive. On way to dealership i drove by a toyota dealer. Decided I liked the XLE 8 pass model w/dvd a litte more than the odyssey but the price was a little higher. After going to lobby and re researching this site on the sienna I went into battle w/the salesmen. I ended up w/this deal.

msrp of $37,800 for my 2012 XLE w/dvd plus free all weather mats (a must for me)

'No trade
    $33,500
    $699 dealer fee (I was willing to pay for great deal)
    Title/Transfer fee ($244) dealer offered to pay
    6.25% tax (approx$2,200)

out the door $36,100

We also put $5,000 down and rec'd a $500 military discount essentially putting the car price at $33,000k!

***Big perk that pulled me to Toyota is their current offer of 0% financing!!** we took a 48 month loan at zero percent. Offer could not be beat and I'm in love w/the Sienna!

This was in at the stadium Toyota in Tampa, FL
  • nissanbuyer3nissanbuyer3 Member Posts: 5
    In the final stages of following:

7 Pass AWD XLE

Navigation, but no DVD

Total purchase price will be 34,500 down from 38k.

With money factor of .00019, which equates to less than 1/2% 0 down lease was best for us.

With 15k Miles/year, $495, which has all except first month and motor vehicle thrown in.
    Are you sure you really need AWD? You give up an awful lot for a VERY small percentage of your drive time.
  • o5oo5o Member Posts: 1
    Could you please tell how much did you sell your Honda Odyssey for?

I am in your boat, have Odyssey 06 and considering trade it in for Sienna 2012.
    Thank you in advance,
  • ariley4ariley4 Member Posts: 4
    Sure, I sold my odyssey 07' EXL w/DVD w/79k for $14,000 even on Craigslist in 24 hours w/people calling non stop. I had it listed for $16,000 for about a week w no interest and I wanted ti buy so i dropped on a wed evening, sold Thursday morning. I def could have gotten more but I just wanted to sell quickly and we only owed $5,000 so we still made a great profit.I lived the van but was ready for something new after 5 years.
    Hope this helps ;-)
  • desna78desna78 Member Posts: 21
    Hi All
    Bought brand new (had only 2 miles on odo) 2012 Sienna LE V6 + floor mats($325) and towe package($220)+destination($810)=MSRP $31,055

negotiated price $27,400 + title/license($120) + doc fees($162) + electronic filing($25) = OTD $29,637 => 0% for 36 months.

Did I overpay a lot?
  • srinkrishsrinkrish Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great deal. Where did you get this deal?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I was gonna say - nearly $4k off sounds great.

You tend to get ~10% or so.
  • srinkrishsrinkrish Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy a Sienna LE V6 in Chicago area. Any tips for a good deal?
  • hatebuyingcarshatebuyingcars Member Posts: 6
    Used USAA buying program as starting point

Car (including destination)- $32,177
    Edmonds Mail-In Rebate (Thanks Edmonds) - $750

Add Ons
    Cross Bars - $197
    Wheel Locks - $50
    Mud Flaps - $80

Financing 0% (until April 30)

Had 5 dealers respond, all within $100 of one another.

Burien Toyota internet sales manager very good to deal with.

Long time Honda buyer (20+ years) and tried to buy Odyssey, but with Edmonds Rebate of $750, no Honda dealer or buying program could come within $2k for the EL-L with roof rack. :D
  • hatebuyingcarshatebuyingcars Member Posts: 6
    use truecar.com or USAA buying program as a start and negotiate down from there. It was a pure non-hassle buying process.

We just purchased an XLE for and had multiple dealers with quotes all within 100 of one another.
  • atillathehahnatillathehahn Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy either Sienna or Odyssey in the Memphis area. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Thanks
  • slytekslytek Member Posts: 12
    I was trying to decide between Odyssey EX-L and Sienna XLE with identical options. I went to Honda dealer first and already had my mind set on Honda. But Toyota dealer made me change my mind and here's how i did it:
    I used Amex & Costco buying programs and emailed few dealers for a quote from edmunds.com and cars.com to get my starting price point.
    This is deal that was done in two days, 4/27 and 4/28.
    Day 1:
    Went to local dealer with my price sheet printed from Honda dealership. (i took a picture of it when they were not looking as they normally don't let you have it). Showed Toyota dealer my deal sheet from Honda so they know I'm a serious buyer, sheet showed MSRP and my negotiated deal which was $4300 lower from MSRP.
    I got Sienna XLE price down to $32340 from $34340 MSRP. I was offered 0.9% APR for 60 Months OR if i paid full MSRP i would get 0% APR for 72 Months. Needless to say i wanted better deal AND 0% APR for 72 Months. So thats what i told my dealer and they said it wont happen so i left and told them if i don't hear from them by noon the next day that means i went and got Odyssey. Total time spent at dealership 2 hours.
    Day 2:
    9:04am. Sales guy calls and leaves VM asking me to please come in to test drive the car as he might be in hot water for not making me drive it. I ignore it.
    9:44am. Sales Manager calls and leaves VM asking me to please come in and drive it as it will make me change my mind.
    9:50am. I called back my sales guy at this point and told him that his manager called and i will go ahead and come in and drive it but i already had 12:30pm appointment at Honda to go in and close my deal so i have to be out of there by noon at the latest.
    10:45am. I showed up at the dealership to test drive it. Its nice ride but i cant tell much of a difference from Honda and thats what i told my sales guy. It could be just me who cant tell the difference, i don't know.
    11:00am. Manager tells me all the great things Toyota does and how its much better than Honda. I don't buy it.
    11:15am. My sales guy actually been very nice this whole time today and yesterday, and happen to be professional comedian on the side who just had a show last night and another one tonight. So i chat with him about that for few minutes as i'm getting ready to leave.
    11:30am. Sales manager walks in congratulating me on new Toyota and shaking my hand, i say "say's who?", and he goes i got you your deal price AND 0% APR for 72 months!
    12:15pm. left dealership, all paperwork approved and signed. done deal.

END RESULT:
    MSRP: $34,340 (the only add-on it has is "Carpet Floor Mats/Door Still Protector"
    Negotiated Sell Price: $31,931
    Edmunds Rebate: $750

Total paid for car after rebate and before tax/doc fee: $31,181

I have to say that this is by far the best dealership i ever dealt with in my life. No hard pressure sales, they try very hard to make you happy and they listen to what you want and they just make it happen. I will highly recommend them to my friends and family and anyone on here who needs their contact info just ask.
  • santana9santana9 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for 2012 Toyota sienna LE v6. I email quite a few dealer within 1hr drive. The best price I got is about 28000 (OTD about 30500) with power sliding door and backup camera. Is it a good price? It seems it is still bit high compare to the price posted here. But I am wondering is because the area I live in. I am in San diego, California area.

Many people has mentioned about $750 edmund rebate, where or how can I get it? Thanks.
  • dubblyddubblyd Member Posts: 1
    We were going to buy a 2012 Honda EX-L w/o NAV or RES tomorrow until we started hearing about transmission issues with Honda? We have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan that had to have a new transmission installed at 1000 miles so we are terrified about transmission problems! Is Toyota really better?
    Interesting numbers. I bought the exact same vehicle in Indy on 4/26. I negotiated a price of $31,718 then had a $500 coupon from Toyota for $31,218. If you count the $50 Visa card for test driving, then net-net the buy price was $31,168 before trade and all the other stuff.

Then I picked up the phone and bought the 8 yr/100,000 VSA from Doug at Danville (IL) Toyota.

I don't know about you, but I think this vehicle drives and rides beautifully. The assembly is also very good. Perfect paint, good body panel gaps, no rattles. Just smooth and quiet as one would expect. Great job Princeton!
    Try googling "Odyssey oil consumption". What you read about Honda's VCM V6 and Honda's stonewalling good customers will knock your socks off. You'll go running to your Toyota dealer.
    edited April 2012
    you got my deal beat by $13! nice job!
    I'm thinking about buying extended warranty but i don't know if I'll be keeping it after 3 years. i like something new around that time frame. do you know if extended warranty can be returned for refund if unused or can it be transferred to a new owner? what did your warranty run you?
  • slidingdoorslidingdoor Member Posts: 2
    The $750 Edmunds Rebate was a banner ad.

Really another great incentive to buy a Sienna.
  • slidingdoorslidingdoor Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to comment on the absolutely great buying experience I had with Hubert Vester Toyota in Wilson, NC.

My salesman and sales manager were absolutely wonderful in working over a couple of weeks with me to get my family in a new Sienna XLE. They treated me so much better than three other Toyota dealerships in my area (Durham, NC) and acted like they truly would do whatever it took to get my business. I felt appreciated and it goes without saying that I truly appreciated them as well.

Sooo if you are in the central or eastern part of North Carolina and are looking for a terrific Toyota buying experience give Hubert Vester a call!!

If anyone is interested in my contacts please PM me and I will connect you with some really outstanding people.
    edited April 2012
    The extended VSA can be terminated early for any reason and is prorated based on which ever you've used most of--time or miles. I believe there is also a $25 processing fee. Of course, you can buy it any time before your 3/36,000 expires, so if you normally trade about then, there is no reason to buy it now.

My dealer's first offer for the 8/100,000 was $1800. I told him I was an Internet shopper and already had some very aggressive quotes and he came back with his best price of $1240. He asked what my quote was but I don't feel its fair to give away discounted numbers I've worked hard to uncover. The Internet dealer earned my business. Why hand it to the guy that wants me to pay 80% more?

I paid $1040.
    edited April 2012
    Good to hear. I had a similar experience. It is amazing to me how many shysters remain in the car business. I guess most folks just walk in and pay whatever they ask. I find the process of uncovering the best deal in my market to be a fun challenge.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Historically Toyota's trans has been better but Ody complaints dropped a lot since 2007 or so.
  • vishu786vishu786 Member Posts: 1
    Before I start, I would like to mention that there is high or low price. Dealers are there to make some money off of sale so they will, and it should be okay. I bought following vehicle yesterday,

Vehicle Specification: 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 3.5-Liter V6, 6-Speed Automatic

Options: None. Base Model.

Color: Exterior:Silver Sky Metallic Interior:Limited two-tone leather in Light Gray

Sticker Price: $ 36680

Purchased for: $ 32800

Financing: 0 Down 0% APR for 60 Months

I also traded my old vehicle for which I got $ 7800; taxes/documentation/Registration all inclusive OTD price was $ 27060.50. I am happy with the price & car. That all matters.
    thanks for the info. i also got a quote from J.J. people talk about on here for $1039 for 8y 100k. buy or not to buy that is the question.
  • gre8tw8llgre8tw8ll Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Looking to purchase a 2012 Sienna SE in white. What NorCal dealers would you recommend and what price should I be aimming for?

Also is it with getting the Display Naviation w/Entune?

Thanks
  • bdn2bdn2 Member Posts: 1
    curious to know where and how you got 0% financing on your 2012 thanks
  • atfa1234atfa1234 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there... I want to buy new Toyota 2012 (XLE w/premium package or Limited) I went so far to one dealer In seattle WA .. He gave me an offer of 46.000 $ for the limited !!! I know that is not a good offer
    First, would you plz help me decide for which one should I go? Am I going to save some money between the two? what are the good offer (for both) that I should go for it? Do you know dealer in Seattle area that gives good deals? How does Costco membership's discount works and how much gonna be?
    SORRY LOTS OF QUESTIONS BUT THEY ARE REALLY IMPORTANT FOR ME
    Thanx
  • akabanroshakabanrosh Member Posts: 8
    I bought a Red Salsa Pearl Toyota Sienna 2012 XLE with XLE Premium package (Nav, Entertainmnet, keyless start and Onstart like service) for $37135 + Doc fees ($129) + 4 yr NJ registration ($470) + 7% NJ Tax. Also financed the whoole thing with 0% for 60 months. yesterday.

I also considered the Limited, but figured that it did not buy me anything that I wanted.

i wil get another $750 mail in rebated from Edmunds (you have to be invited for this). Keep looking for rebates on Edmunds website and the link for the rebate might show up.

Good Luck.
    Hope this helps.
  • srs98srs98 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a Sienna - LE V6 model. I live in MI. I visited 2 dealers, one thru Costco program and the other just a walk-in.
    Dealer 1 - Costco program - $29,117 + tax and title- $2000 trade in allowance

Dealer 2 : neg price - $28,827+ tax+title- $750 incentive - $2200 trade-in, so close to $27,900. And also adding all weather carpets for free as part of my deal.

I am planning to take the 2nd deal. I think I got a good deal, but folks here can respond and let me know.

BTW I also looked at an ODY-EX and really liked it, but the dealership I went to did not want to come down from true.car pricing of $29,999, so I just walked out. But I got an Internet quote through Costco program for ODY-EX at $28,872. I am sure can bring it down if I go there in person, nevertheless not going to do it.

I am going with Sienna. Hopefully I will not regret. Curious to get some feedback from others.

-Sam
  • 2000sienna12000sienna1 Member Posts: 5
    Im looking to buy a XLE w premium package and remote engine start. I have a 2011 XLE w premium package & 100K warranty. If I do find a dealer with a good price on the new vehicle, they will offer a lousy deal on the old one.. anyone know of a HONEST dealer in NY or NJ ?
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    Why don't you add remote start on your current 2011 Sienna? You are surely going to lose a lot of money if you trade it in. It is not clear why you are looking to upgrade from your 2011.
  • bbasubbasu Member Posts: 1
    All I have a quote from a dealer in Gaithersburg MD for a 2012 Sienna XLE 8 passenger with Navigation, DVD, push start, keyless fob, rear sonar for $3550 (Tax and Tags extra) with 0% financing.
    In the opinion of this forum is this a good deal? Personally I believe it is but I am not sure (this is the first dealer I have been to).

The other deal I have is for the 2012 XLE with Navigation and entune (?) with speakers as opposed to the 10 on the loaded XLE for $32,790.

Cant decide between the two, Approx $3000 seems a little high for DVD and other bells and whistles.

Please let me know how this compares to the deals you have received?

Thanks