Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai XG300 and XG350

Comments

• hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    dst5:

If you slammed your vehicle into a concrete barrier at a 45 degree angle, your air bag will NOT deploy. Air bags are made to deploy only on a FRONTAL collision.
  • tatzbeartatzbear Member Posts: 9
    John, So let me get this straight on the TCS... When I start my car, the "TCS" light on the dashboard is NOT illuminated; but you're saying the traction control is actually engaged at that point? So when I push the little TCS button to the left of the steering column, and the light goes ON on the dashboard, does that mean I have then turned TCS OFF? Because, if I DO NOT turn off the TCS button and leave the INDICATOR LIGHT illuminated in the dashboard when I turn off the car, the little light is ALWAYS NOT illuminated when I start the car again. So at that point, If I want TCS on I've been pushing the button and the light goes on again... I'm confused. Are You? :-) Brian
  • newxgnewxg Member Posts: 34
    The statement you made is correct. The TCS rules seem a little counterintuitive, but you could look at it this way:

1)TCS is always in "ready to engage" mode by default when you start the car but it is not actually "engaged" until needed.

2) The TCS light serves two purposes. It is a "TCS Off" indicator (when you press the TCS button) and a "TCS engaged" indicator when the button is not pressed.

or another way to look at it:

Button pushed, light on = TCS off
    Button not pushed, light off - TCS ready to engage (default at start)
    Button not pushed, light on - TCS engaged

Find a place to spin your wheels while the light is off and it will come on when the wheels start to spin and TCS is "engaged".
  • lsclsc Member Posts: 210
    no offense but didn't you guys read your owner's manual?

then again, if I would have bought the XG350, I would have traction control worth talking about.

I wish the comparo came out before I bought my Altima 3.5 SE, I would have definitely checked the Hyundai out.
  • claywaterfillclaywaterfill Member Posts: 534
    It is confusing--I guess the light is to warn you that it is NOT on. I had the same question with my mom's Regal (see a few posts back) a couple years ago. At least everybody is straight now!
  • robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    Has anyone else noticed the sport mode indicator on their dashboard? It's located on the upper left side, above the temp gauge. Although it's never illuminated (of course), it's definitely there. I may be thinking simplistically, but the indicator is in English so it appears that some form of a sport suspension was at least planned for the US market. VERY INTERESTING!
  • yk911yk911 Member Posts: 130
    the sport mode indicator is there b/c hyundai excluded it from the US/north american/european models.

the top of the line XG in Korea (roughly 40-50 grand) comes with sport suspension that at the touch of a button firms the ride or softens the ride.... something like what you see in "other" makes..

the reason they probably excluded it from our cars is b/c of the complexity and cost involved in having that option in our cars.
  • riker2riker2 Member Posts: 36
    Test drove a XG300 demo. I liked it, but as a leftover with mileage the dealer in Burlington New Jersey wouldn't come near the TMV. And offered far less for my trade-in than expected. Called a Trenton dealership which assured me they would find me a car. They never called back. Several similar experiences with other dealers. The upshot? Bought a 2002 Chrysler 300M at the Metro dealer in Philadelphia, way below Edmunds TMV, double the trade-in Hyundai offered, and 0% financing for 36 months. My monthly costs are the same as the XG350 will be. Hyundai better watch out, because the competition is getting into their value game. Oh, and Chrysler added a free 100,000 mile powertrain warranty as well! I'm a fan of Hyundai, but I think there are a few dealer problems developing
  • dst5dst5 Member Posts: 39
    and XG350's not out there yet.

My XG300 was declared a total after a meeting with a concrete barrier at about 50MPH. I walked away from the accident so I bought another one although hard to find I got a great deal. XG300L with package 10 fully loaded for $22,551 with the 1500 rebate $3900 off msrp.

Car handles much better with 16" wheels and they stiffened up the ride a little bit from build date of 1/01 to 9/01 and a few other minor changes also.
  • sobright1sobright1 Member Posts: 78
    Several weeks ago I wrote on this forum of a wreck at @35 mph in my XG300. To recap, the frontal impact was with a telephone pole which was severed. Though I was braced for the impact, not wearing my set belt (due to a colostomy - I have a letter from my doctor) my hands were torn loose from the steering wheel with such force that I took out the windshield with my head. The total damage to the car was @$9000. Neither airbag deployed. My wife was belted in. I contacted Hyundai and the NTSB. Hyundai investigated the accident and responded ..."We regret we are unable to assist you regarding this matter. An airbag is designed to deploy when a vehicle has sustained sufficient forward deceleration. The airbag sensors react to extreme deceleration of the vehicle's forward movement. When the majority of the collision force energy is absorbed in the sheet metal crush zones this energy absorption can lead to a deceleration rate that does not merit airbag deployment." They go on to emphasize the importance of using seat belts. Not one person who has viewed my car, including the body shop and even some employees that I spoke to at my local Hyundai dealer, agree with Hyundai's assessment. Trust me, if other XG's suffer from this same problem, I believe that people will ultimately die in accidents. Had I not been braced, I might have been badly injured or dead myself. Hyundai, to their discredit, has chosen to deny that their system failed.

There is unfortunately even more unsafe about my particular car, and perhaps others like it. In fact there is a safety defect that actually brought about my accident. Those of you who read my earlier posts may recall that I reported that the car tended to really slide. I did not report a brake failure because when I pressed down on the brake I had what appeared to be plenty of pedal. When I first applied the brake I did not expect loose control at all. I thought that I would even be able to stop before striking the dog in the road. However, I continued to slide well over 100 feet. I was doing about 50 when I engaged the brake. Frankly, I have played the entire wreck over and over in my head trying to figure out just how it could have happened.

I now have my car back after all of the repairs have been made to the sheet metal. The body shop did a great job and the car looks new again. No one has touched the brakes since the accident. Let me digress momentarily by telling you that I noticed something odd about the brakes several months ago. If you are at a stop light and you are holding down the brake pedal you can continue to apply more pressure and force the brake pedal all the way to the floor. At the time I had not noticed any problem with braking so I thought nothing of it. I should point out that this was difficult to notice unless you deliberately forced the pedal down. None of the mechanics at the dealer ever noticed it when they serviced the car. Neither did the body shop. Last week I took the car to the local dealer who acknowledged that there was a problem. However, the brakes have a problem that is even more disconcerting, a problem that brought about my wreck, a problem that is only obvious if you are forced to a panic stop on a rain slick road. Put simply, the anti-lock brakes fail miserably. Last week, oddly enough after meeting with the local Hyundai service manager about all of my problems (including at least 4 times that the wrong weather stripping was ordered and two other times when the parts were torn up when they tried to install them), I drove back to work in the rain. As I was pulling through the parking lot going perhaps 10 - 15 miles per hour, the speed the average person would use when approaching an empty parking spot, a truck started to pull out into my path. Instinctively, I hit the brakes hard. To my amazement I immediately went into a skid with apparently all four wheels locked up. I slid for several more feet. I have been driving for 31 years. I have driven cars, trucks, motorcycles, and ATVs of all makes and descriptions but I have never experienced any vehicle that was so prone to skid during a panic stop. Literally, at less than 10 miles per hour I could make the car slide a few feet. I can only assume that it is a combination of a heavy car, small 15 inch tires, and a flawed brake system.

Unfortunately, for me it looks like it is time for a lawyer. I love the way the car drives but will never trust it again. Thus far the airbags failed (regardless of what Hyundai says), as well as the brakes. Apparently the traction control system failed too as it was replaced after the wreck under warranty. You add to that the poor performance of the dealer and I have had enough. If Tennessee's lemon laws will allow for it I am going to give this car back to Hyundai and seek a refund. Regardless, I am going to probably buy one of those bland but safe and dependable Hondas or Toyotas.

I wish those of you who are happy with your Hyundai products continued success. I hope that I got the only lemon. However, I strongly urge everyone with an XG to test the brakes for two problems. Make sure that your brake pedal remains firm when you continue to apply pressure and everyone please on the next rainy day find an obscure parking lot where you cannot hit anything and simulate a panic stop. The car is absolutely unsafe if the anti lock brakes fail. It is similar to being on ice.

By the way, if someone will tell me how I will gladly post the pictures of the wrecked XG.

Lastly, though Hyundai did not mention it in their letter, the service foreman at the local dealer insists that the airbags did not deploy because I was not belted in (though he admits that this is poor design). This seems illogical to me as, using their logic, if I chose not to buckle up, my wife sitting beside me could loose her life if the airbag should not deploy even though she did buckle up. Also, if this is true, shouldn't there be a major warning telling everyone that none of the airbags will deploy if the driver is not belted in? It seems to me to be really useful information.
    I will try the brake's today. It is raining quite hard in Los Angeles today. I will let you know what I find out.
  • har1bushhar1bush Member Posts: 207
    Boy, sounds like you might have a lemon because I'm sure that more people on this board would have noticed something like that if that problem existed in every XGs. Wish you luck in solving that case...

I was at the SF Auto show today and I saw the XG300L for the first time. Obviously I don't know how it drives, but it looks very nice in and out.... The car I saw was Obsidian black with black interior and the interior was the sharpest of them all. This car is definitely worth more than the average Camry and Accord. At first I thought it was a joke that Hyundai thought the XG would be a competition to ES300 and Acura TL, but after seeing the car myself, I do believe that Hyundai matches up very well with those cars -- especially with the new XG350 coming out with more power.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    My local Hyundai dealer finally has one. He made sure to put it in his ad. Says something like "XG350 has finally arrived." So if we have 'em in the heart of the midwest, I'm assuming they must be available on the west coast and western interior. Can't wait to take one for a test drive to see what difference the new engine makes!
  • dudedude Member Posts: 123
    Hey guys. I have found a XG300 Demo on our local Hyundai dealership. They are offering pretty good price, 18K negotiable. However, this car is black with black leather, which really concerns me on a hot summer day. Also, it doesn't have sunroof, which I really wanted. Other than that, really loved the car. Need your opinion if I should go for it. Thanks
    Black is a pain to keep clean. Are you a clean nut with your car? If so don't buy a black car.
    If you really wanted the sunroof, don't buy this XG as you will always be upset that you do not have it. Black is a pain to keep clean, but it is the best looking color (IMO). Also, keep in mind that the warranty--I believe--reverts back to 50,000 miles on a demo. Be sure to check that out!
    I think that if you are not content with the car all the way, you might want to try a very viable alternative -- Hyundai's own Sonata. I think that both the Sonata and the XG are similar in interior space and you can get a moonroof and choose your favorite color for around $18-19K.
  • lleroilleroi Member Posts: 112
    more style.I saw a gold one last night-really looked sharp.
  • dudedude Member Posts: 123
    Funny that you mention Sonata, it's the original vehicle that I've wanted, har1bush. However, dealer doesn't have any GLS with ABS/Traction and the Moonroof.
  • bill_1bill_1 Member Posts: 97
    I certainly cannot comment on the failure of the anti-lock brakes, but the service manager might well be correct about the airbag only deploying when the driver is belted in. Most airbag systems are designed with the assumption that the passangers are belted in and iirc can be dangerous if they deploy with an unbelted passanger in the seat. That being said, they should certainly not tie the passanger side airbags to the driver's seat.
  • leirexleirex Member Posts: 50
    It has been about two and a half months since I bought my XG300L. I was planning to test drive a Santa Fe when I stopped by a local dealer with my brother. My brother and I spotted a Ivory Pearl XG300L in the showroom and started looking in curiosity, which led both of us to be sold. After extensive research with reluctance in mind because of the name Hyundai as most other people did before they bought theirs, I went ahead and bought it.
    Generally, I was totally satisfied with ride comfort and all else until some problems including the paint problem started showing. One or two days after I bought it, squeaking noise started bothering me. And some sort of scratches (cracks) inside of a headlight lens and misaligned glove box were found. On top of these problems, several spots of paint along the body-bumper line were found peeling off. I took the car two times to the dealer to fix the problems except the paint problem which needed two more trips to two different body shops because they failed to match the color. The color of the bumper still does not match that of the body. I am waiting for Hyundai to respond to this issue. By the way, the squeaking noise was due to bad bushing on the rear shock.
    Has anyone experienced this sort of problem? I wonder how this car passed the final quality check with these problems, specially the paint problem. Now it has gotten a little over 5k on its odometer and started annoying me with some strange noise in idle state. I wonder if I should say whenever someone else asks me how I like the XG300, "You know what Hyundai stands for. It sure is Hyundai. The XG300 is no exception. What else can you expect?"
    In a word, my experience is a mixed bag. All the problems that I have had and still have along with all other negative issues posted on this thread are just about to set my mind against Hyundai, which otherwise would be very favorable.
    Bought my XG about a year ago... no reliablility issues..or problems..

love my car.
    sorry to hear about your problems with the XG... but ask yourself, how much would you have been satisfied with a Camry or an Accord? Even if you had gone with a Camry or an Accord, there is no telling what problems you might have had with those vehicles. I guess what I'm saying is that buying a car is almost like gambling... pay more for a Honda or Toyota and you have a lower risk of break down, pay less for a Hyundai or some American car, higher the risk.
  • diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    leirex probably has a lemon. Look at Hyundai's own Elantra...5 stars on the NHSTA side crash test...just as good as the Civic. While I agree that it used to be true that when you bought a Hyundai, you basically get what you paid for. But I think that's changed quite a bit in a very short time.
    I do not disagree that Hyundai has pulled itself together to improve its quality significantly and can see its overall image recovered. As I mentioned, I was completely satisfied with my XG until some of those problems showed up and started setting my mind turned against it. What I was trying to get at was Hyundai must not allow any problems like the paint problem of mine. Even very minor problems like the scratched headlight lens or misaligned glove box are big enough to turn people's mind against it because 99.9% or even 100% of American customers have terrible image of Hyundai. Even a minor problem like those can have people say, "Of course it is Hyundai. No wonder why Hyundai has been notorious for.... Blah blah blah"
    Going back to the paint problem, I doubt that any body shop can match the color exactly because two body shops already failed. What would be the best thing that I can do? What would you people do if you are in my boat? What I don't understand is the first body shop did the whole bumpers, front and back, but the second one only did the rear one. It is evident that both front and back colors do not match. I even wondered if factory-fresh one might be like that. One of the local dealer service advisors even told me that it might be possible because the bumper is made of plastic.
    Again, it would be good enough to compete with most of the Japanese near-luxury cars but for those problems.
  • john115john115 Member Posts: 45
    Iv'e had mine since Feb. 13,'01.Only one
    minor problem,floor mats plastic hooks broke.Dealer replaced with metal retrofit and are now fine. My brand new '96 LE Camry,
    had problem first week,with lighting system.Stepping on brakes at nite would
    put all lites out,including headlites.Two trips to dealer to correct.Much more serious than mat
    hooks.Re-painted bumpers never match
    factory paint.
    take it to a body shop that specializes in "merc. benz and BMW"

from observation... the shops that fix/repaint these cars are very very good at paint matching.

as for paint matching .... maybe they left out some important stuff like the flex agent? etc.. just an idea.
    the hyundai touch up paint... it seems.. has two different ends.. one end is pure white paint..
    the other end is the clear coat mixed with pearl... as my car is White Pearl.
    just FYI...
    I am sure you are sick to have a new car with problems which it seems Hyundai is either indifferent to or incapable of repairing. Certainly, given my problems, you know how I feel. Like yourself, until my problems came out I too was happy with my XG300. I will admit that in my opinion it still drives better than any of the competition within $10,000. Also, from what I have read about earlier models, I think that Hyundai has made great strides in quality but still remains way behind even some of the American cars in overall quality, from a customer service perspective, and particularly in holding their value. If you really want to get sick, go out to the Edmunds used car site and see what yours is worth. My 7 month old 2001 XG300L with 13000 miles is now worth less than $15000 ($14,899) in trade in value, that is if you don't also consider that it has now been wrecked. To trade now will cost me several thousand dollars. Oddly enough Tennessee provides a lemon law for matters such as these but the law does not apply if the car has been damaged. Ironically the brake defect that resulted in my wreck (part of what makes it a lemon) is actually keeping me from getting a refund. I am screwed! I wish I had listened to just about everyone, all of whom advised me against this purchase.
  • robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    My 2001 XG300L is a beautiful car, and I am very pleased with it overall (I've posted several comments on this board about it over the last 3 months). However, it turns out my first vehicle experience with leather seating has been less desirable than I had hoped. I'm very tall, and generally have to sit with my seatback reclined no matter what car I drive. The leather seats cause me to slip around a bit too much, making my drive time a bit too uncomfortable.

Of course, this has nothing to do with Hyundai. This is an excellent car, and I really strongly recommend it. It's certainly not their fault that I'm 6'5".
    why don't you just get some seat covers?
    2001 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr SSEi Sprchgd Sedan
    Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
    Base Price (Excludes options) $20,760 $21,975 $24,000

2001 Toyota Camry 4 Dr XLE V6 Sedan
    Base Price (Excludes options) $17,032 $18,239 $20,252

2001 Honda Accord 4 Dr LX V6 Sedan
    Base Price (Excludes options) $15,317 $16,371 $18,127

2001 Hyundai XG300 4 Dr L Sedan
    Base Price (Excludes options) $14,899 $16,126 $18,170

i don't think this is very accurate
  • kbobe67kbobe67 Member Posts: 23
    I have a Chrysler Sebring due for a lease turn-back shortly and the XG is currently the front-runner as it's replacement.

A couple of observations...

For the folks with the paint-match problem, I'm afraid it's a chronic condition on virtually every Asian car with metallic paint and a soft bumper cover. Look at an Accord, Camry, etc that's been on the road a few months and you'll see some subtle (and not so subtle) variances between the bumper cover and adjacent fender. Certain lighting can make the difference more or less apparent. It's probably noticible to you more so since you've had the bumper reshot a couple of times. My advice: live with it.

Regarding resale value, there's no escaping Hyundai's abysmal legacy. In fact, if these cars retained their value at a level comparable to the top Japanese brands, they'd be priced accordingly. Someday they may well achieve that status, and the price will follow. The issue now is, are you willing to gamble on this unproven machine, from a less than sterling second-tier builder, in order to save several thousand dollars?

I drove the car and I'd say "yes". However, I also examined two used XGs on the lot and found they didn't seem to wear especially well. The gentleman who posted the vehicle values wonders if they're accurate. Reading across, remember "trade-in" is what dealers are reporting buying the car for at auction, also known as "wholesale". "Retail" presumes a mark-up for dealer overhead and profit. Sadly, those figures are accurate. Buying this car, especially if you don't come in with enough cash equity, is a recipe for disaster when want to unload it.

The answer is to lease the car. Odds are, Hyundai's captive finance company will be happy to grossly overstate the resale value (residual) rather than admit the car is a loser. That drops the monthly payment. Sign on for a three year commitment. You can put up with just about anything for three years.

At lease end, you have the option of turning the car in, or buying it for the actual market value, which will likely be pretty cheap.
    "I also examined two used XGs on the lot and found they didn't seem to wear especially well"

could you elaborate ? i'd like to hear what parts of the car didn't wear too well?
    and if the used cars were "dealer demo" models.
    So you are saying dealers are buying bonnevilles at a higher wholesale price than Hondas or Toyotas?
    I agree with those people who mentioned something about being possibly different. Of course, it might look different at a different angle or to different eyes. But the difference should be minimal in color tone due to different degree of reflection or something. The color of the body is apparently different in tone or color itself from that of the bumper. I would say along with several other people that examined that the color of the bumper is closer to creamy (or vanilla) white while that of the body is closer to grayish white. Of course it is more evident around each corner. Anyway, I started talking with the Hyundai regional service manager yesterday. In my book, Hyundai service has been pretty satisfactory at least in my region. I might end up living with the different colors with a comparable compensation.
    Again, I still think the XG is the winner of all in the price range. It still can be compared with some of the near-luxury models with some shortcomings but the price difference is big enough to cover the shortcomings.
    One question. Do you people maintain your car according to the manual, say every 7500 miles? One of the service rep at a local dealer once told me to change engine oil every 3k or 4k miles even if the manual says every 7500 miles. How often do you change engine oil?
  • john115john115 Member Posts: 45
    It could be your car was damaged by dealer,befor you purchased.They may have broke your headlite
    and scatched your bumper.Which would explain the
    marks inside your headlight.It happens all the time when cars come in and are parked by car jockies.
    I may be wrong, but I believe the 3000 mile myth was created by oil companies and perpetuated by the "quickie change" places. If the manual says 7500 miles, you should be good until 7500 miles--unless you do a lot of towing on dirt roads. The dealers get rich in the service department, so they want you in there as often as possible. Even though I know 7500 miles is good, I usually change at 5000 miles anyway. I guess it doesn't hurt anything and it is good to be nice to your car!
    No, it was not damaged by the dealer. The paint problem was not caused by external damage after the car was delivered. I was informed that it might have been caused by process problem, maybe wrong temperature or short bake time for the paint. It seems that several bubbles were formed when the paint was being baked and eventually popped to cause the paint peel-off.
    The scratches that I mentioned on the headlight lens was inside of the lens which must have been material flaw from the lens manufacturer. I remember reading about the same scratches problem on this post.
  • sgspearmansgspearman Member Posts: 8
    So, I saw mention of someone getting metal replacement clips to hold the front carpet mats in place. My dealer had never heard of any such thing. Have others found this successfully?
    i thought Hyundai checks their cars after they are finally assembled..

are you sure your dealer is telling you the truth?
    just wondering
  • killerkkillerk Member Posts: 55
    Hi, I own 2000 Sonata, but have been following this forum b/c I couldn't afford the XG when I purchased my Sonata on 12/29/01.

Anyway, I've been faithfully changing my oil every 2,500 mi w/ my prev vehicles even though I didn't do any towing or much city driving based on the info I rcvd from my friends & mechanics.
    However, w/ the purchase of Sonata last December I realized that I would be in the shop every 6 wks if I maintained this 2,500 mi ritual (I'm on pace to put 22,000 mi in the first year).

Since I didn't spend a large fortune on Hyundai, I decided to keep a 5,000 mi schedule & see what happens. I also decided to keep it strictly on regular 87 octane diet as well.
    I used to put Super once a wk as well.

I would like to hear more facts (if avaialble) or experience/opinion this matter. Thx.
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    to be on a 2500 mile oil change interval.

There's also no reason to use anything other than 87 octane in a car not requiring a higher octane fuel.
    My XG has been in the shop for over a week. As you may recall from earlier posts I wrecked it, did > $9000 in damage, the airbags did not deploy, Hyundai claims that this is normal, then I drove it again in the rain whereby the anti-lock brakes failed which explains the cause of my wreck in the first place. I parked the car for two weeks waiting on the Thanksgiving holidays to end then for another week because I considered it dangerous to drive in the rain. The car would slide on wet streets like it was on ice. The dealer kept the car for two days before deciding on day two to rent me another vehicle, a pitiful Geo Prism. The car remained in the shop the rest of the week and remains there right now. The dealership is currently unable to determine the reason that the brakes lock up. They have replaced the master cylinder, which was apparently bleeding through as the pedal could be pushed hard all the way to the floor, they also claim to have replaced the anti-lock brake module as well as the traction control module. When I drove the car, all four brakes locked up. The dealership claims that only one wheel locks up with them which I find hard to believe. Also, though they apparently replaced the traction control module earlier, I was able to accelerate briskly from a standing stop and squeal the tires several feet. This should not have happened if the traction control was working properly. I am furious with Hyundai and the dealership. I called Hyundai yesterday asking them to please send the regional rep to inspect my car and explain how to fix it.

By the way, if anyone needs the drivers side weather-stripping replaced(the part on the front of the window surrounding the triangular piece of plastic), apparently the number in the parts book is incorrect as they have ordered the wrong part something like five times. Of course, the two times that they did replace the part they installed it incorrectly and it tore when I lowered the window. They have now installed it a third time yet I have had no chance to drive it.

Believe it or not, in the three weeks since I stopped driving the car it has actually slightly decreased in value. What a mess.
  • hyundaimahyundaima Member Posts: 197
    There's no separate traction control module on your car. Who's this dealer?
  • dbronzodbronzo Member Posts: 19
    I saw my first 2002 yesterday and it seems to be the same car with just a different engine. Any other changes for 2002 and is anyone driving a 2002 now and would like to comment about it?
    Considering purchase in February, any comments would be helpful. Thanks
  • dougndodougndo Member Posts: 136
    See my post #1597 in the Sonata board for the latest on the labor strife at Hyundai Motors. This might affect the availability of XG350s.
    the 3.5 is just a larger displacement of the 3.0
    nothing is is different between the two.

16" wheels are new

that's about it
    The dealer is located on Covington Pike in Memphis. I think that they are trying their best, apparently the shop foreman is assigned to my car, they just don't seem to know how to fix it. I have some sympathy for them as it must be embarrasing selling cars as problem prone as is mine. The reason that I said that the traction control and anti-lock brake modules had both been replaced is because right after my accident, and after the body shop had completed the cosmetic repairs, the traction control light would not go off. The body shop then drove it to the dealer for diagnostics. I was told that this "module" was replaced under warranty by the dealer at that time, then last week I was told that the anti-lock brake "module" was also ordered and replaced. Unfortunately the problem persists. Calling Hyundai has thus far for me been an exercise in futility. They take your name and information then either deny responsibility if there is a problem or seemingly don't follow up at all. I could only categorize their customer relations department as pitiful.

Right now my car sits in the shop waiting for guidance from Hyundai. I have been able to drive it only about one week since October 11th. You would have thought I, or the dealer, would have heard something today given that I called them last Friday. To tell you the truth they could let me have the car back right now without fixing the problem and I probably would not know there was still a problem until I drove the car again in the rain. Any sudden, moderate amount of pressure on the brakes results in a four wheel skid even at slow speeds.