Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• siennasienna Member Posts: 1
    Hello, here's my deal:
    Sienna LE 8 passenger
    Options: FE BW (safety) CF (Floor Mats) GN (Cargo Net) HP (Hood Protector)
    Edmunds Invoice: $25,095 including freight
    Dealer Invoice: $25,547 (including profits of $446 TDA, $488 holdback, $244 financial reserve)
    No haggle price: $25,519 plus state fees (tax/tags/title)

How I did it:
    Well, I should have listened to my wife and bought at the end of Dec, when the deals were better (like member ‘viche’ did). I didn’t find Edmund’s site until Jan, and was amazed at how much useful information is on it. I should have just dealt with Carmax, as they were the easiest to deal with and had the best price in the end. Instead, at the end of Jan I tried the fax attack method described on Edmunds site, sending 25 faxes to dealers in Maryland and Virginia addressed to the generic sales manager. I received 9 responses (would have done better if I got their names) for $1000 (Alexandria, Jerry, Bayside, Silver Spring, Miller), $1600 (Beltway, 355), and $2400 (Koons) over Edmunds invoice. Nothing to get too excited about.

Since Mar 31 is the end of Toyota’s fiscal year, I tried again this week with the email attack method, sending to the same 25 dealers in MD and VA, using the emails from the dealers web sites. I also went to the Carmax site and used their web form to request a quote. This time I received quotes for $500 (Carmax), $1000 (Motorworld), $1200 (Frederick), $1500 (Silver Spring, Jerrys), $1800 (Bowie), and $4000 (Glen Burnie) over Edmunds invoice. Since Carmax had the color and price I wanted, I jumped on it. Now just have to read all great modifications done by 'kmead' when I pick up the Sienna next week.

If you're planning on buying soon, take a look at your local Carmax's deal that ends Mar 31. Otherwise, you may be better off waiting until the end of June for good deals. Happy motoring!
  • toyotabriantoyotabrian Member Posts: 1
    About your question on how to verify an order.

First - Toyota dealers don't order vehicles. The vehicles are allocated to them by TMS (Toyota Motor Sales) based on a formula of what they have sold in the previous period among other things. They can preference a Sienna for you by telling Toyota they have one sold before the allocation but that does not guarantee you a van. If only 25 8 passenger Siennas are going to a certain region on an allocation - the Siennas may go to other dealers if they are higher volume or have referenced them on past allocations.

To verify if your dealer has the van or other new Toyota coming in - ask them for a temporary ID number. Toyota assigns one for vehicles that are not built yet but are on a dealer's inbound (allocated) inventory. If they cannot produce a temporary ID than they are still trying to preference one. You will have to wait until the next allocation to find out if they earned one from Toyota. The allocations generally happen in the middle of the month and the end of the month - approximately 15 days apart.

Be aware that if you cancel your order now with your current dealer you will be starting all over at another dealer. The only way this may be beneficial if is the other dealer is larger and earns more vehicles from Toyota. That way your chances of getting one sooner are increased. Also the larger dealer can manipulate the allocation slightly because the allocations are called out to the larger dealers in the region first. If they need an 8 passenger but did not get one they can ask their Toyota rep to pull one that has been slotted for a smaller dealer. Depending on how good of standing the larger dealer is with Toyota the rep will generally do that for them. The smaller dealer has no idea this has happened because they have not gotten their allocation yet.

Good Luck - I hope you get your van.
    B
  • nicklesnickles Member Posts: 41
    XLE LTD FWD

Base price + Destination
    Option package HO (#6 - DVD/NAV) and CF (Floor mats)
    Invoice is $34362

Out in the Phoenix area, I have Superstition Springs coming in at $36,534.
    I have Right Toyota in Scottsdale coming in at $38,066

Both plus tax & Tags.

Another dealer said she would go $1000,00 over invoice. I have not contacted her back yet.

More to follow!
  • weedshastaweedshasta Member Posts: 85
    Well, I am finally finished with all the mechanics of this car purchase and I am ready to enjoy my new Sienna. I wanted the XLE AWD (I live in snow country) with package 18 plus floor mats - very hard to find in northern California. MSRP is $35,731. I went to CarsDirect and they quoted $33,294. (You do this on the screen - you don't have to talk to anyone)Then I went to the Costco web site and asked for a quote. The N. CA representative called me. Tell them what the CarsDirect price is and they should beat it. I got mine for $32,750, almost $3000 off list, and they were able to find a vehicle that met my specifications.
          As to the extended warranty, know going in that you do not have to purchase it from the dealer that sells you the car and you do not have to purchase it immediately. You actually have up to the end of your regular warranty period to get it, although you should purchase it when the car is new. Prices are bound to go up. I was quoted $1500 and then $1200 by the dealer for the Platinum plan and I declined.
         If you have been following these conservations you know that the price for the extended warranty is very negotiable. The best two that I have seen are about $20-$40 above dealer's cost, and I don't think you can get any better than that. Many, many thanks to Wildred and Spongen for all the following information (see post #3541, #3561, & #3589): Midway Toyota in Pocomoke City, MD and K.C.Summers Toyota in Mattoon, IL. A fast way to get in contact with them is to put the name of the dealership into Google to get a phone number, and then call and ask for the Finance Manager. Their prices for the Sienna Platinum Extended Service Contract are $500-$515 for the 7yr/75K and $795-$810 for the 7yr/100K (no deductible). I called, faxed my information, and the paperwork is on the way back to me. Thanks again Wildred and Spongen, and thanks to Edmunds for giving us the opportunity to share information.
  • heywoodsvanheywoodsvan Member Posts: 2
    Took delivery today of an Aspen Green XLE AWD with Pkg #17, V2 (Glass Breakage Sensor) and WH (pair of wireless headphones).

From reading this board for the last few months, I was under the impression that AWD's are in high demand. But this one had been on the lot at my local dealer for nearly two months. Considering it was end-of-the-month and end-of-the-quarter, my dealer was cooperative. Also--as I pointed out to my salesperson--AWD season is coming to an end, and not every customer wants the gas mileage penalty of AWD or the $200+ replacement cost of each run-flat tire. I was trading my '03 Sienna XLE with 19,000 miles, so I concentrated on the difference I was paying, rather than haggling over the numbers of the new vehicle and my trade.

MSRP was $35,106. Dealer accepted my trade plus $11,500. Considering I would have been willing to pay $2,000 under MSRP without a trade, this effectively made my trade-in value $21,606 (on par with Kelly Blue Book).

In addition, I financed the difference through Toyota Financial at 3.35%, and the dealer threw in complete set of factory floor mats, and sold me the 7yr/100K/zero Platinum extended warranty for $800.

All in all, I felt it was a very fair deal for a (seemingly) high-demand vehicle in my first color choice. Took about four hours start to finish, with no blast-faxing, no playing dealers off one-another, and no hassles.

Good luck to all of you.
  • nofeernofeer Member Posts: 381
    can't you buy this anytime within the first 3 years, what restrictions on buying later??

Toyota does people wrong with there option bundles--to get parking sensor you have to get the ltd, can't the dealer add this I would think more people with kids want this option

how long a wait for xle ltd is typical? my dealer who wants to sell his xle says 12 weeks
  • wildredwildred Member Posts: 43
    Congratulations on your purchasing! I'm still waiting for mine. Hopefully it'll be here today or tomorrow. Although my deal is great, $3,058 off MSRP, but it's not a sure thing until I get it.

What a clever way of using Google search to solve the no number posting dilemma! I hope there's only one finance manager in K.C.Summers, or the one answers the phone is also willing to offer the same deal. In the case of Midway Toyota, put its name (without the space) in the address bar and press CTRL+ENTER and Click on Financing, hovering your mouse over the TOP pic, you've got THE name!

Ditto to this board. Enjoy your Sienna!
  • spongenspongen Member Posts: 19
    Nofeer,

You can purchase an extended warranty anytime before the Toyota, 3yrs/36k miles runs out.
  • garnerjgarnerj Member Posts: 31
    Nofeer there are many aftermarket kits you can purchase and add-on to the Sienna. Many people have done it.. Here is a link to a web site that has step by step instructions... http://community.webshots.com/album/84943179xUYHhK

As for the time on a limited... I bet 12 weeks is accurate...

I agree there are too many option packages and not all of there are readily available. Still its a GREAT van, from the basic CE model all the way upto the XLE Limited...
  • shrke5shrke5 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone recently purchased an LE (w/package # 7/BW) in the Boston area??

The lowest quote I've received so far is $26K even. Seems to me I should be able to do somewhat better than that.
  • mcp23mcp23 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the information on the allocation system. No one has taken the time to really explain this to us and we have gotten different stories from different dealers. We did get a build date and a delivery date so I am hopeful. The salesman has not been very been good about returning phone calls etc.(after we signed on the deal) so we have been skeptical. We are dealing with one of the larger dealers so they should have some pull. Thanks again for the info!
  • bensmom243bensmom243 Member Posts: 19
    we purchased the exact car in December from Wellesley Toyota, and did slightly better than that... we also had option Z1 (carpet mats, cargo net, first aid kit)... you can email me if you want the sales person name jmcollins03104 @ yahoo . com (no spaces)
  • lambsterlambster Member Posts: 15
    Be aware that option 18 does NOT include side curtain airbags on the the XLE AWD models. Many people have mistakenly assumed that packages 18 and 21 include side curtain airbags on the XLE AWD. Incredibly, only package 17 includes side curtain airbags. Go figure. Toyota needs to do a better job of offering the features people want for all models.
    Yes, I am aware that #18 does not have the side air bags. That is my biggest complaint about the Sienna - very expensive option packages and desired items not available individually. In addition, of the 21 packages for the XLE, only 4 of them are available on the AWD (#4,17,18,21). I would have liked to have gotten 17 & 18, or even to have gone up to the XLE Limited AWD, but I couldn't afford it. You could spend well over $40,000 without trying very hard.
  • danogdanog Member Posts: 318
    Wouldn't it make sense to offer options like 17" tires or the 6-disc in dash cd in every package. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to add some of these options even though they aren't listed in a package. Toyota needs to do a better job and provide some parity.
  • alexgarciaalexgarcia Member Posts: 1
    I live on Sunnyvale California , close to San Jose.
    After reading "Confessions of a Car Salesman" and
    the "10 Steps to Buying a New Car" I request a quote to 5 different dealers using Edmunds.com, only two of them sent me an email with price,
    Edmunds TMV and MSRP are the same on my Area $26,756
    Toyota Hayward price was 25,113
    Piercey Toyota price was 24,995
    Capitol, Steven Creek and Sunnyvale Toyota wanted to talk in person...
    I went Steven Creek Toyota, I talk to the main manager, they were to busy so he was "helping"
    He was very pushy, he didn't let me talk, went I tell him my offer, he tried to make me a today buyer, when he notice I wouldn't buy that day, he become a VERY RUDE person, practically I have to RUN AWAY.

So, I knew where to buy, I star shopping for a Loan, Capitol One turn me down so I open an account on a Credit Union, 3.5% APR.
    I had on savings 4,000,
    So went I got my Loan approved I request another quote, now Hayward want to talk in person, while Piercey Toyota went down to $24,795.00, Perfect.
    Then I ask for a final price including fees, registration etc.
    Here are the numbers:

INTERNET SELLING PRICE 24,795.00
                   DOC FEE 45.00
                  TIRE FEE 5.00
                  REG FEES 216.00
                 SALES TAX 2,049.30
               TOTAL PRICE 27,110.30

I put 4023.50 down
    I had my loan of 23,088 for 60 months at 3.5% APR,my monthly payments are 420 even.

The Contract I signed has the same dollar amount as the email I received 27,110.30

P.D. Piercey Toyota, the Best.
  • owner2bowner2b Member Posts: 11
    Just gotta vent.
    No matter what, they just want your hide.
    I think I'll just take public transportation for the rest of my life so I never have to step inside a dealership or speak to one of them ever again!
    The process of negotiating for a new car is like eating chocolates covered with anchovies!
  • davenowdavenow Member Posts: 171
    i had it ruff for a while too, but stay in the ring and battle it out, in the end you'll be rewarded. If you think about it they (carsales people) get frustrated too, and you don't want to burn any bridges with them, because you might need their help in the future. walk on egg-shells and carefully articulate what you mean to say. I have problems with this, and i may have burned a few salespeople out myself :)
    "Many, many thanks to Wildred and Spongen for all the following information (see post #3541, #3561, & #3589): Midway Toyota in Pocomoke City, MD and K.C.Summers Toyota in Mattoon, IL."

i'd like to dido that!

I just sent my application and $795.00 check in the mail today!

i don't normally get extended warranties, but..

just too many electrical parts that can go wrong 5-7 years from now, i just feel safer doing it.
    will be evaluating my salespeople today...
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I bet you could exchange that survey for some free oil changes or a discount on some accessories :-)

Steve, Host
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    I am shopping for XLE LTD in DC area. I have heard from this forum that Fitzgerald and Darcars seem to give the best price (~500 over invoice or a bit more?). When I contacted Koons via internet, they flat out rejected 500 over invoice, but offered 1500 off MSRP within 5 minutes on the phone. Also, I am not getting any replies from the first 2 dealers, and one of the email address actaully bounced. Anyone has internet sales contact for those dealers? You can email it to me to the address in my profile. Thanks.
    Dealer I am talking with now, wants to charge a $741.00 advertising fee, and a $6.00 gas charge.
    Obviously I don't care about the gas charge, but what about this adv fee? Is it a set cost to the dealers, or does it vary state by state ?
    Does anyone have any insight on this.

Also -- the Platinum 7yr/100K/$0ded warranty - he wants to charge me $1425.00
    does anyone have any invoice costs on the various toyota warranties ?
  • impact01impact01 Member Posts: 95
    TDA- Varies by state/city. Visit carsdirect.com and click on the invoice price, they give you an estimate of TDA. I don't know about gas charge, but I think you're supposed to get a full tank of gas with this, so you will come out ahead.

See post 3621. The invoice on 7/100K/0ded is $775. The two dealers davenow mentions do $20 and $40 above invoice respectively.

HTH.
    steve_ HOST - How do you suggest that i bring the topic up without offending? or trying not to convey the message that i deserver this? i do think i was treated fairly in the purchasing process, and i know you don't get something for nothing, but i don't think it would be wrong to utilize this for a much needed item, like maybe a couple of free-beezies would not be in bad taste? right? How much weight do these surveys carry anyway?
    Your right.. The info was right in front of me on the warranty, from Davenow... I guess I have selective vision today!
    all the negotiations with the dealer are getting me dizzy. that may explain.

Here's my package so far - tell me what you think.

XLE LTD FWD
    HO (DVD/Nav)
    ZI (mats/sills)

Dealer wants 1000 over invoice + 741.00 adv fee and doc fee of 289.90.
    Whats my cutoff point where it becomes a deal that I MUST take? 500 over, 800 over ?
  • impact01impact01 Member Posts: 95
    Nickles, as host Steve often points out, focus on "out the door price"+tax+tags.

The MSRP for LTD+HO+Z1 is:

$38924 from carsdirect (invoice inculding TDA is $35196 in your area). So, an OTD of ~$35600+tax+tags would be a very good deal IMO. I paid $36350+tax+tags for mine in MD last Dec, but don't know much about Phoenix. People have also done very well in No. Cal. with $500 over invoice.

If you're a costco member, it may be worthwhile to find out their program price as well.
    Nickles, see my post #3604 regarding Platinum extended warranty. I don't believe you should have to pay the advertising fee, and the window sticker for the car lists "full tank of gas" under standard equipment.
         Hanlees Toyota in Davis, CA was very easy to work with. They called me up after I had gone to the Costco web site. I told them the CarsDirect price (which was the lowest I had found), and he quoted me $544 lower. I asked about my trade in (1995 Subaru) and he asked what the dealer trade-in blue book was. I told him and he said he would give me that. He called me three days later and told me he had found my car. When I went in, there was no hassle about anything. There was no question about the price I had been quoted for the new car or the trade-in. Being a lone female, I was very apprehensive about pressure to buy extras I didn't need. The only fees I paid were $281 DMV, $5.00 California tire fee (for recycling), $45 document prep, and $2378 (a killer, 7.25%) sales tax. No advertising, no gas. It was only when I hit finance and they tried to talk me into an overpriced extended warranty that I felt any pressure at all. I declined and have since found a better deal through this conservation (as outlined in my previous posts).
    Thanks for the info..
    I'll take your 7.25 % tax over my 7.7% Scottsdale AZ tax rate any day (and Scottsdale is the LOWEST in the Valley - Phoenix is 8.1% !!

I know Steve and others say to focus on out-the-door.. thats what I am going to do !
    I am definatley going to make this move -- the fully loaded Quest SE I had on order, at 200 over invoice, is only a few less than what I am going to negotiate this XLE LTD for.
    now THATS an eye-opener!
  • charichari Member Posts: 2
    Is 38,600 a fair price for XLE LTD AWD with HO package and side steps?
    Heh, good question Davenow. Maybe you could call your salesperson and tell him/her that it's not worth your time to do surveys, but would be willing to drop it off in exchange for a freebie.

Come to think of it, I rarely respond to telephone or mail surveys. I do fill out the ones from JD Power, but they stick a US dollar in the envelope :-)

It's hard to focus on the out the door price when the Toyota dealer wants to add on $741 for an ad fee. Sorry, but I think that's just totally nuts.

Steve, Host
    Steve,
    the $741.00 this dealer is charging me, actually it's 20 or so bucks less than what carsdirect.com lists it for..

are you saying that they actually don't have to pass that charge on to me ?
    The response I got back from my dealer said his hands are tied - and it's not an option NOT to charge for it.
    he recounts a story where a dealer was caught not selling this TDA fee, and then a class-action lawsuit ensued which cost the dealer quite a sum of money - because they had to refund everyone's TDA who they previously DID charge.

I should have my final price worked out shortly!
    I think the ad fee is legit. I just think it's nuts. I'm not real wild about the gas tank charge either!

It's been 22 years since I bought a new Toyota, but I think the sticker price should include all this stuff. I think the only extra should be the TTL (tax, registration, etc.).

If I made a deal on a new Tercel to replace my beloved '82 that's no longer in my stable, and then got told I was going to have to cough up another $700 for an ad fee to finish the deal, I'd walk. If I know about it up front, then I'm going to adjust my offer accordingly.

The fact that the ad fee is regional and varies depending on where you live is irritating too. At least make it uniform like the destination charge generally is.

Steve, Host
  • kksdadkksdad Member Posts: 28
    We got our XLE on March 6th, since then, I've gotten a call/message from our salesman and the customer service manager, sucking up to us, even offering "any accessory we want, AT COST", and reminding us what an "excellent" rating on this survey means to them. These "at cost accessories" BEFORE we signed on the dotted line might make the excellent ratings easier to give, rather than now, know what I mean. I'm going to take my sweet time to think each question over carefully before I answer and I KNOW, they will NOT be getting all "excellents".

Let's put it this way, "the van IS, the experience, could have been better, but definitely WASN'T"!
    hmmm, something tells me that the dealer who deserves the good survey results is the one who doesn't offer favors for you to bring your blank survey to them.

Good for you, Kksdad.

Steve, Host
  • spongenspongen Member Posts: 19
    It's been sitting on my table for a week now. ha!ha!
  • heywoodsvanheywoodsvan Member Posts: 2
    Steve:

I'm new to this board, and not really sure how 'hosting' works, but I cannot help but wonder:

How did someone who hasn't bought a new Toyota in 22 years get to be the host of a board about buying a new Toyota?

Just wondering.
  • danogdanog Member Posts: 318
    he is always in here reading all of our posts and doesn't have time to leave the computer. HAHAHA.
    I get to read all the Vans posts (and I co-host in SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories so I read in those boards too). Tough duty but someone has to do it :-)

Mostly the hosts try to keep folks on topic, plug content on the main Edmunds site, and remind people about our Rules of the Road linked up top.

I did shop Siennas hard in '98 when we replaced our Voyager. That's when I found Edmunds, trying to figure out how to get a decent deal on a new car.

Welcome to Town Hall and congrats on the XLE!

Steve, Host
  • charichari Member Posts: 2
    Folks, I am planning to buy the Sienna XLE LTD AWD drive with HO package and side steps in the next couple of days. Is US$38600 + tax + license a good price?

Thanks in advance.
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    I did not get any replies on my post the other day, but here is what I got since then. I am not sure where you are, but I live in Northern VA. 1 offered $1500 (3 to 4 wks wait) off in about 5 minutes on the phone. The other via Internet would do whopping $600 off MSRP. The third in MD (mentioned a few times here) offered $37500 in 2 minutes, but the caveat is that I Will have to take it out of their future allocation, which will be about 8 to 10 wks.
  • bulesbules Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for <;3.5% for 60 mos. Any suggestions? I live in NY. Should I apply online to several sites (eloan, cap one, etc) or will that effect my credit rating with too many requests? We have excellent credit.

Thanks to all of you who have posted your experiences & tips here. I was so prepared for the purchase of my Sienna that it was almost enjoyable!! Here's where we are at:
              Invoice / MSRP
      (LE) 21833 / 24260
    (BW#7) 2364 / 2895
     (Z1) 174 / 274
    (dest) 540 / 540
    (TDA/gas) 506 / 506
                ---------------------------
                 25417 / 28475
    +over inv 500
              ------------------------------
                $25917 + tax(8.25% ouch), reg, etc

$2558 under MSRP with TDA. A $100 refundable deposit & they are looking for the color we want. So, I'm happy with the price, but don't have a vehicle yet! Thanks again!
  • cecilcecil Member Posts: 3
    If anyone is interested, I found a good deal through the internet department of a dealer in N.O. - 1% over invoice. We ended up going in to the dealership to work out the details and negotiated $100 over invoice (a slight savings of $204 over the internet rate).

Here's my package:

2004 XLE FWD 7 Pass

Base Price: 24,303
    M.A.F. 388
    Deliv/Proc/Han 575
    T.D.A. 300
    Base-Veh-HB 565
    PIO-HB 144
    Finance Res 282
    ------------------
    Extras:
    GK Pkg #17 2,344
    ED DVD System 1,229
    P4 Veh Shd Pkg 99
    M6 Carpet Mat 139
    -------------------
    Total 30,368
    + 100
    -------------------
    Total Drive Out
    before TT&L $30,468

MSRP: $33,878

We are having to order the vehicle because none of the existing ones in the area match our package requirements, but none of the other dealerships in the area would come close to the price. One even tried to tell us that this price was below cost, and they couldn't even sell the car for that.
  • oper56oper56 Member Posts: 1
    Toyota of Fort Worth
    no hassle or games. internet price.
    XLE with pkg#12, artic frost pearl, mats
    $30,037+ $50 document+ tax+ title
  • owner2bowner2b Member Posts: 11
    Do you all know if EVERYONE buying a Sienna (or any other Toyota for that matter) in the 5 South East States has to pay SouthEast Toyota a "fee" of several hundred dollars ($500 to $600)?
  • chortonchorton Member Posts: 149
    YES! It is indirectly though. The customer normally pays the dealer a profit. The dealer has to pay the fee's to Southeast Toyota. Those fees are posted on a "dealers" invoice not a customers bill of sale. Dealers charge a customer a "doc" or "clerical" fee. That is paid directly by the consumer to the dealer. Everyone that has bought a toyota in the southeast had paid a fee to the distributor, a fee to toyota and most pay a fee to the dealer. The dealer might discount the car to compinsate, but then the dealer just absorbs the fees into the deal. Those are just part of buying a toyota. The fees are included no matter what you pay.
  • nofeernofeer Member Posts: 381
    in the KY, WV, OH area do they have those fees, and how do you know if they are legit????
    I went to carsdirect and clicked on "invoice" as suggested but the tda didn't come up so then no tda??
  • popcornmompopcornmom Member Posts: 5
    I wrote back in December when we were first trying to purchase a Sienna. After initial dismal experiences and one particularly BAD experience with the sales people over at Stevinson East (Denver area), the Sienna we pre-ordered back in late December finally arrived last Thursday and we picked it up/paid last Friday.

The final out-the-door price we paid for an '04 Sienna XLE, with package #5 (CZ), arctic frost/stone interior, floor mat/sill protector thing (you can't really opt out of this): $29,261 plus TTL.

The price was pretty much exactly what they quoted us back in December (the long wait was due to the pre-ordering process and availability in our area which was tight for our color selections). I can very much recommend the internet sales person we dealt with at Stevinson WEST in Golden. Just shoot me an email and I'll disclose. He was extremely pleasant, on-the-ball, persistent with Toyota allocations and area searches (we were pretty particular and wanted exactly what we wanted- no more, no less), and the price was as quoted back in December (they call it 1.5% over invoice for this area; you can see my earlier posts on this).

It's surprising how different the two Stevinson dealerships were; I'd NEVER bring my business to the East location given the games they played and their ultimate rudeness. The West dealership was a completely different story.

Anyway- we're enjoying the Sienna as much as we can, given our now 4-week old baby...

This board is an excellent resource for both info, feedback, and support! Cheers!!
    TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising) fees vary by region. I suppose there may be some areas where they are zero?

Doc fees are almost universally charged (probably since they are another profit center for the dealer, lol). Anything over $50 is suspect.

The distributor fees (SET and Gulf States) are in the southern/south western states (TX to GA basically). The rest of the US doesn't have captive Toyota distributors and the cars are distributed by Toyota.

Or so I've read around here. Any dealers please feel free to elaborate.

Steve, Host
  • virgochampvirgochamp Member Posts: 3
    I went to my local dealer last pm. Here is the invoice price I presented them:
    2004 Sienna XLE FWD with pkg 16 (GJ), special color and CF (from carsdirect.com).
    Base invoice 26367
    pkg 16 (GJ) 5274
    sp color (AFP) 187
    CF 119
        Total 31947
     The dealer claims that since this vehicle will be a special factory order, the newer vehicles are now model # 5346C. The previous models were model #5346A. They claim the C model vehicles have an invoice price of 32133, which is $200 above the A model vehicles. Can anybody verify this for me?
    Thanks.