Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330

Comments

• afinegoldafinegold Member Posts: 57
    Speaking of replacement keys and such, my 2000 ES300 will be a year old next week. Does anyone have any idea of:
    -- how long the battery(s) in the main and spare key should last?
    --how much they cost to replace?
    --whether they can be replaced by the owner?
    --and do they have to be purchased thru the Lexus dealer vs. Radio Shack or other electronics store?

Thanks for any info on this. Al--
  • ugmd20ugmd20 Member Posts: 11
    dcman2, I thought that the Edmunds TMV was the base without all of the options added. Is this the case??
  • lievliev Member Posts: 93
    that's rediculous. what a rip-off !!! for which year model, Itghee?
    ved3, I think we could get the 98 for 24-25000 and the 99 for 25-26000. They didn't have one we liked on the lot, so we didn't start negotiating. Re: the 2001........the salesperson said that it was "loaded" so I'm assuming that it had just about everything.
  • dcman2dcman2 Member Posts: 24
    ugmd20, when you said $1000 over invoice, my interpretation was base invoice + 1000 + options at invoice. Is this what you were trying to convey? My understanding of Edmond's TMV is base invioce+ average markup paid by the buyers per Edmund's survey.
  • vatgrownvatgrown Member Posts: 1
    I've got a 1995 ES with an A/C problem that has not been properly diagnosed by the local Lexus dealer. When operating the climate control system, the A/C will function properly in all modes (cooling, defrost, etc.) for a short time ranging from 3-20 minutes. After this random length time period ends, the A/C no longer works and won't work again until I turn the car off and back on again. It seems to me that the compressor just stops working, though I don't hear any difference in the system to know for certain. I had the A/C checked by the Lexus dealer and they replaced the refrigerant and did whatever they call normal' A/C maintenance with no improvement in performance. (The bill was over $300). They believed the system to be functioning properly. I showed them that it only worked for a few minutes and they immediately shrugged their collective shoulders and said the compressor and a few other items needed to be replaced. This would cost at least $1500.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Carpoint says that "An occasional problem on this vehicle is failure of the Air Conditioning (A/C) Compressor Revolution Sensor. The cost to repair the A/C Compressor Revolution Sensor is estimated at $144.76 for parts and $117.00 for labor." What are the symptoms of this disorder? I'm not interested in taking it back to this place without some informational ammunition.
  • stevejjjjjstevejjjjj Member Posts: 31
    I recently replaced a battery for my brother's 97 ES300. I assume the remote is similar to yours. We went to Radio Shack and the battery was $10. my brother opted for the Duracell brand instead at Walmart for similar price. His kids often play with his remote which is why the battery died after 3 or 4 years but yours should last longer than that. I don't remember the battery part number though. We took the battery and went to radio Shack and the guy cross-referenced it for us.

Steve

Anyone can recommend what is a better winter tire? Blizzaks or Arctic Alpin? I am looking or longer tread life and/or less road noise. And of course excellent handling in snow and ice.
  • PeterUbersPeterUbers Member Posts: 48
    I had very very similar A/C probs on my '94 that I just recently got rid of (thank god!)

They charged me 900.00 for the following:

A/C System
    Customer states A/C inoperative 89.97

System completely empty of freon, dealer added to run system and perform leak test. Noted that the A/C condenser is leaking freon and in need of replacement ... 775.00

With receiver/dryer unit ... goes up to 880.00 plus tax

Compressor not noisy at this time but may have problems in system if system continues to run on empty.

I can give you a further breakdown if ya need, but this seems to be a legit. prob. with the '92 through '96 ES300 series. Later on, my struts went out (2200 in costs to repair) and then my antenna (300.00) and then the axle bearings and hubs (400.00).

Ugh. This car had 108K miles on it -- had the tranny replaced ONCE and still presented with some "kick" around 3rd to 4th gear. I've only heard that ES300's run well past 100K miles, but I guess I was wrong -- not to mention the vehicle was baby-driven.

Hope this helps

Pete
    That 880.00 figure included a new compressor and all the bogus diagnostics they "have to do to insure proper efficiency" on it.

Whatever. I took this to my local Lexus dealership -- I trusted them because they gave me a brand new (actually probably refurbished ) tranny under the 6 yr./70K drivetrain warranty. Therefore, since they pretty much hooked me up with 3000.00 of parts and labor under a warrantly, I seemed to think they might have wanted to get me back, so to speak, by overcharged me for this A/C. But the figure they stated for you, 1500.00!!! Holy ... what a bunch of bologna! You should consult another Lexus dealer, or a reputable Lexus service provider -- try Toyota in your area and have them fix it... It's just a camry after all and they have access to many lexus parts since they are the same in the camry!
  • stevenr4stevenr4 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 1999 Lexus ES 300 from a dealer (not Lexus). Great car. I love it. The car came with only one key. Now I find that this is not a "master key". Does anyone know how I can get a new key made without replacing everything?
    Find out what the key "code" is and order a set from the dealer. That's all I can think of. Maybe others know another solution to it.
  • vernlewvernlew Member Posts: 87
    Al,
    You are right, I don't know what made me think that they had put the in-dash CD Changer in the ES, maybe because I was thinking of my test ride in the IS?
    I had to replace the battery in my wife's 98 GS keyfob last year, so it lasted bout 2 years...don't know if this is normal or not. The Lexus part representative replaced it for me, I just paid for the battery...which I don't think was very much.
    When I had my Bimmer, the BMW parts rep replaced my keyfob battery at no charge...BUT, I sure paid him alot of $$$ for Bimmer parts prior to this!
    Vern
  • ved3ved3 Member Posts: 43
    Dmallinder,
    thanks for responding. lexus doesn't know about
    it. I think I will try to get it repaired by
    a local auto glass center. I just emailed to
    a site that offers info on auto glass repairs.
    your info provides a starting point for me. now
    I can try to get it done at around $50.

ugmd,
    the 98 and 99 prices seem about average. if
    they're "loaded" too, maybe you should consider
    them also. I would test drive all 3 cars. can't
    hurt. your wife should test drive also. if the
    99 has all available option and still in mint
    condition and low milage, it's probably better
    to save $5000. you can also wait for the 2002 ES.

Vatgrown,
    that's disappointing about your 95 ES. most ES
    owners, including myself, set really high standards on the ES to perform without problems.
    mine have been very minor. it basically earned
    my respect. Peter is right. go to other dealers.
    some Lexus dealers are better than others.
    Lexus headquarter sets excellent customer service
    guidelines. some dealers don't follow them. I hope
    you will get a fair price somewhere.
    Lexus service is spectacular. They may rip you off with the costs of the parts and repairs, but at least they provide cushy leather sofas and very warm, and personable (and RESPECTFUL) serviceman to assist you. We also have an E320 4-matic, and the service is lousy, and they are too arrogant to give a d---. While I waited for my car once in the service center, I perused the vehicles in the showroom and I was never approached once! I need some wood trim ordered for my car and they ordered the part, but they never called to let me know the part had come in or when I could come in. I also had to call them after I had dropped it off -- they didn't tell me it was ready. When I got there, the trim hadn't been replaced, nor had my name been placed on the ordered piece of trim --- and finally, there were GREASE fingerprints (from where the service bum put his grimy hands) on the beige velour molding in the back of the car... Ugh. If status has anything to do with service... then I say that Lexus is the highest status symbol you can drive. It screams luxury if luxury has anything to do with the way the dealership treats you AFTER you purchase your vehicle. Amen.
    dcman2, $1,000 over invoice is going to include all options. In other words, I pay $31,500 (approx.) for the car, options included. Seems like a good deal. So, Edmunds TMV is the BASE invoice + invoice options?? I don't mean to beat this into the ground.......I just want to make sure that my deal is a good one. Thanks.
  • hunter001hunter001 Member Posts: 851
    Edmunds TMV is the typical price (without including options??) for which the car is ultimately sold, excluding State Taxes, Destination and DMV charges....so that should be the maximum price, which you should be shooting for (since the TMV is an average selling price)....if you get it for lower, then all the better.

For example, the Acura 3.2TL comes in 2 distinct models - one with the Navigation system (whose dash design and climate controls are different from the non-NAV model) and one without the Navigation system. Edmunds has two different TMVs for the cars that are sold with the Navigation and for the ones that are sold without one.

TMV for Acura 3.2TL without Navigation: 27,197
    TMV for Acura 3.2TL with Navigation: 29,064
    TMV for Lexus ES300 : 28,300

Later...AH
  • remus26remus26 Member Posts: 34
    ltghee,

I guess this is for a newer ES300 with the immobilizer system & keyless entry included in the key?? IF that is so, that price is about right. And I doubt you will find a lower price.
  • rickc5rickc5 Member Posts: 378
    Go back about a year on this topic and you'll find my experiences with key purchases. We bought a '97 ES a year ago, and it came with only one key and one alarm fob (they were separate then).

A second key from the Lexus dealer (only place you can get one) took 3-4 days and cost $300. The second alarm fob was $200. That's $500 worth of stuuf in your pocket or purse. YIKES!

Our dealer told us key for newer ESs (single alarm/key unit) were about $300.

Don't lose your keys!
    Did you ask your dealer why 2 sets of keys/remotes weren't given to you? Even used vehicles we bought in the past (from dealers) always came with 2 sets of keys and/or remotes. I just thought that you should be given 2 sets.
  • rickc5rickc5 Member Posts: 378
    I bought our Lexus from an Infiniti dealer, saving about $5000 compared to what the local Lexus dealers were asking for similar cars. There were lots of '97 lease returns a year ago and there were about 15 to choose from here in Denver.

According to the Infiniti Used Car Sales Manager, they were giving me such a smokin' deal (true) that they wouldn't pay for both the key AND the fob. So, they offered to buy the second key and I bought the alarm fob. Saved me $100. What the heck??? They were mortified when they found out the key was going to cost them $300. LOL! Lexus wouldn't give them a discount.

I guess if you can afford a Lexus, you can afford to pay through the nose if you lose your keys.
  • jsa_sfcajsa_sfca Member Posts: 3
    Vernlew:
    The ES300 DOES have an optional in-dash 6-CD changer.

Vatgrown & PeterUbers:
    Your experiences with Lexus service hardly sounds like the Lexus service I know. No other marque's service and repair shop has ever replaced every piece of window glass on the car, after telling the Service Manager there was only ONE "swoosh" of wind noise on a cross-country trip. I couldn't imagine another marque's service department replacing all 4 tires, make that five, after telling them there was a thump-bump noise from one of the tires. It hardly seems like were talking about service for the same.

On the other hand, I have never had a problem of a magnitude such as yours'. But if my tire and glass issues were defined by my dealer as "major", I would not want to see their reaction to your A/C problems, as I imagine it may be close to Hari-Kari. My ES300, just like my ES250 before it, is virtually problem fee. I have never considered the service pricing to be excessive, either; definitely less than what I donated to the Germans, especially VW!

If I were you, I would talk to the Service Manager. If you get no satisfaction there, go to the Sales Manager. He knows that it is all about loyalty at Lexus. Barring that, call Lexus HQ, and I guarantee you will get a response.

Finally, I may not understand you totally PeterUbers, but re-filling the system with freon is a rather pricy job. And I am sure you will understand and pardon my skepticism when I say that a car requiring new struts, bearings, and a new transmission, is generally not a car one expects to hear described as "baby driven".

John
    Nope, it was baby-driven, truth-be-told.

I don't care anymore, I'm glad it's gone, and I'm looking forward to driving a new car soon!

Thanks for asking though.

• tclemonstclemons Member Posts: 31
    I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 98 ES300 in Dec 98 and received 2 fobs, but only 1 key. Talked the salesman into paying for the key, but later found out that I did not have the "valet" key. Paid 45.00 for that one. Salesman told me at the time of purchase that if for some unknown reason I lost ALL of my keys, it would be over $2,000 (!!!) to replace them because the computer module that controls the remote function would have to be replaced. I told him that I found that hard to believe and he said he did also until the dealership had to replace one for a customer because they (the service department) lost the customer's keys. The customer had BOTH keys on the same key fob!
    Did I miss something? What do you mean rolling back the odometer? I didn't see any post regarding this.

Steve
  • r3ficor3fico Member Posts: 11
    As a soon-to-be buyer of a used ES 300 I sometimes wonder whether the digital reading on the odometer should be taken at face value or not. How easy (or difficult) is it to roll back one of these digital odometers?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    you did miss something - but it's not a problem, don't worry about it stevejjtc
    For those of you who have had a chance to drive both the '97 and '99 (or newer) models, is there a noticeable difference between the two in terms of power, handling and ride? Any major changes other than the the revamped engine & transmission? Has the suspension been improved? Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • tlswhiztlswhiz Member Posts: 19
    During services for my '94 ES300 (God rest its soul)...

I've driven '97, '98, and 2000 ES300's...

I've also driven the 2001. There isn't a difference in my opinion -- going from the 200 hp to the 210 hp. Honestly... going from my 188hp 1994 ES, I couldn't tell the quickness difference between the newer models because they seemed to be geared differently. The post-'96 models don't nearly have the same off-the-line grunt that the pre-'96 models had -- just my opinion though. Plus, you should know that i punish those loaners to test the performance -- that's why i'll never buy a used ES300 that was a test-drive vehicle or a loaner -- 'cuz of people like myself!
    Thanks for the input tlswhiz.

I plan to purchase a used ES very soon and am in the process of deciding between a 97 and a 99. I can't help wondering whether the extra $5000+ for a 99 is worth it or not. I've test driven a 99 and the ride was very smooth, maybe too smooth when compared to the tighter ride of the German luxury cars. Personally, I quite like the smooth ride of the Lexus. Upon casual inspection both model years appear to be identical, except perhaps for the wheels and the dual controls on the seat heaters.

Will probably make a decision by the weekend.
  • utkinpolutkinpol Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone.
    3 weeks ago I bought a `98 ES300. Good car, almost no problems, but one problem still persist - a light constant noise from all speakers. When you turn ignition key and turn on the radio - you can hear it, it seems like it comes from everywhere, if you stop the engine, I still comes, then you move and press brakes, it changes slightly - so, it seems like we need to install additional power filter somewhere. But where?
    So long, so far - I forced my dealer to replace the radio itself - but still have the same problem with new one. I checked one of those replacement' vehicles they have in dealership - the same problem there! Then, I checked one of year 2001 es300 in show room - no noise at all! Silence! So, the question is - what can I do about it? Did anybody solve that problem?
    Please, help me, I like to play the classical music CDs and that noise is just killing me...
  • donald15donald15 Member Posts: 8
    I was thinking of getting gold emblems from Lexus for my 2000 ES. Lexus wants 395.00 to do this. I was wondering If anyone knows a cheaper way to do this and if so what is it any good? I live on LI and was wondering if anyone knew of a better way to do thi? Thanks in advance.
  • jjachujjachu Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I bought a 2000 ES300 few months ago. We are experiencing excessive wind noise when passing through crossing winds. Does any other ES300 has this problem, or is it just my ES300?

The Lexus technician said it is normal in ES300 since the door windows have no frame. Is it true?
    I used to have an Oldsmobile back in the 80s, it didn't have frames around door windows either, but it didn't make such noise.
    Hey everybody,
    don't know about you guys but I wouldn't trade
    in my lexus experience for any other luxury car
    brand. I may own cars from many manufacturers
    but lexus will always be #1 to me. every day,
    it's such a pleasure to drive and own it. I
    like the quietness and feeling of being surrounded
    and pampered with pure luxury. on top of that,
    we rarely need to take our cars to the shop
    except for regular maintenance. and if you do
    need to go in, lexus dealers are usually the
    best in the industry. few exceptions of course
    like everything else in life.
    so with that said, as long as lexus maintains their current philosophy, I think they will always
    be the pace setter. I don't care what
    problems people may claim to have with lexus cars.
    I'm living the lexus experience every day. I know
    what it's like and why it's the best.
    what about you guys?

good point John!!

anybody test drive the new IS300 yet? I think
    I will try to get it as a loaner the next time
    I take my car in for service. I wanna know what
    the "hype" is all about. My sister took her
    LX450 in and they loan her the IS300. she claimed
    it was exhilarating and the car was very
    energetic, almost like a teenager. I probably
    wouldn't like the noise and stiffness though.

utkinpol,
    maybe the problem is with the speakers. did lexus
    replaced them with new ones?
    I never had a noise problem with mine so I couldn't tell you. it's just typical lexus which
    is best in class.

one more thing, all lexus cars were produced the
    exact same way so if I don't have some of the
    major problems with mine like what others have
    claimed to have, I don't see why other lexus
    cars wouldn't be as reliable as mine, unless
    these cars were abused or frequently driven in
    bad road situations and not properly maintained.
    I'd make my decision based on the price and the mileage; if you're paying 5000 more for about 10K less miles on the '99 -- go with the '97 and reserve that money for something else that's important in your life. Cosmetically, they are the same -- minus the wheels and perhaps the added "blemishes" that a couple more years adds to a vehicle. However, if 5000 is buying your over 25K miles ... well, that's something to consider -- however .. I'd still go with the '97. If it's lexus certified, it should be certified up to 100K miles and .. is it 6 years from the date of orig. purchase.. giving you about .. 2.0 to 2.5 years and another .. well, what's left on the mileage?

Just a thought --

Wind noise -- you wanna know what else stinks about the frameless windows that not many people talk about??

Well, when I used to take my '94 to the self-power wash, and if I directly sprayed water at the windows, I'd notice water dripping on the INSIDE of the windows and seaping into the leather wall of the door. As the rubber seals wear, so too does the pressure against that window. Thw wind noise, however, was worst from the left driver side mirror. There was always this high pitched, winy noise at highway speeds -- with or without crosswinds.

pure luxury?
    many people who own and drive olds auroras and buicks say the same about their cars. I dunno if I can construe a "near luxury" to be "pure" luxury. But i respect it, and it is a smooth ride -- my '94 purred like a kitten at full throttle till the day we got rid of it.
    If I've experienced problems with my Lexus, it means (according to your wisdom) that:

I've driven it regularly on poorly kept streets,
    I've abused it,
    And I've avoided routine maintenance...

Hmmm...
    you said:

one more thing, all lexus cars were produced the
    exact same way so if I don't have some of the
    major problems with mine like what others have
    claimed to have, I don't see why other lexus
    cars wouldn't be as reliable as mine, unless
    these cars were abused or frequently driven in
    bad road situations and not properly maintained.

Well, just like so many people claimed to have defective transmissions in Chrysler minivan and mine is at 103k miles and stills run like new. Just because the same cars are built at the same factory by the same robots does not mean that if one car go 80k miles before alternator goes that the same goes for other cars. There are always a few bad apples in every basket. maybe not the way of saying it but you get the point.
    I had windnoise problem with my car. It's OK now. But I actually have wind coming in from outside, so I hear whistling as the wind comes in when I drive in windy weather. Is this the windnoise you're talking about or is it just the wind you hear when your car cut through the wind when it is moving forward?
    Ved's dealer has COMPLETELY brainwashed him...

Uh oh, he's about to take out a second mortgage on the LS430!
  • jjachujjachu Member Posts: 2
    > I had windnoise problem with my car. It's OK now.
    > But I actually have wind coming in from outside, so I hear whistling as the wind
    > comes in when I drive in windy weather. Is this the windnoise you're talking about or is
    > it just the wind you hear when your car cut through the wind when it is moving forward?

The noise happens when my ES300 move through cross winds. It is very quiet on normal drivings when there is no cross wind. The dealer refuse to do anything saying it is normal for ES300 for that door window design.

I think that if it is normal, then it is a design flaw of ES300. If it is not normal, they should be able fix it. I just like to know if other ES300 owners have the same experiences.

BTW, originally, around 1 months after we got the car, we went to a car wash and we did have some water leaked in. We took the car back to the dealer and they said they adjusted it. We have not gone through another car wash to see if it was fixed , though.
  • norcalmikenorcalmike Member Posts: 25
    Hi folks,

My 2000 Solara (which I think is as quiet as an ES300, and 10K cheaper) has frameless windows. On calm days it's just fine. A good cross wind and I get the same wind noise. The wind noise is the only real quibble that I have with the Solara. I was going to buy a Mercedes C320 but I am strongly leaning towards the new ES300. With the new ES300 having window frames I think it will be a perfect, comfortable, reliable, wind and rain free car. I just wish we could find out what it will look like.
    Then, I say you don't have windnoise problem. It is normal that if the wind is strong and your car is moving through it, of course there would be some noise. I agree with you that it is a design flaw in the ES300 that Lexus has to face. It could have been made better. However, since everyone has this same problem, don't worry too much about it. Or, you could trade in for the new ES with metal window frame next year. But remember, the car won't be made SOUND-PROOFED. So expect to hear some noise, still. I sat in my friend ML320. the SUV has metal framed window, but it's not much quieter than my ES300.
    Someone has the water leakage problem before in a previuos post. it seems that this is a common problem too for the ES300. But this a minor problem that can be fixed.
  • sddlwsddlw Member Posts: 361
    It is hard to know, to what extent people are experiencing wind noise, but I have to say, my 2000 ES300 is much quieter overall than my 92 E300 I had before this Lexus. And the E-class car new, was $20K more in 1992 than my ES was in 2000. I feel that my ES is extremely quiet. But in no was soundproof.
  • stuartwostuartwo Member Posts: 6
    I'm not an ES300 owner (yet!), but can't help but see all the entries about wind noise--so I made a point to check out this cursed turbulence on my test drives. I'm sure framed windows would help, but could part of the problem be that the car is much quieter compared to other cars everyone's previously driven, and that people NOTICE the wind noise more now? Without the drone of an engine or tires on the pavement masking it out, maybe it just seems louder to people? I just know that my Maxima SE has framed windows and I can hear wind noise--only if I pay attention to it. Like others, I found the ES300 to be incredibly quiet and smooth.
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    I too am concerned about the wind noise but many posts here say the car is incredibly quiet. I prefer framed windows and will look at the new 2002 ES300 but if I do not like the styling I will either get a 2001 ES300 or a Toyota Camry. "Consumer Reports" tested the Lexus ES300 once back in the March '97 issue and this is what they had to say about the "noise". "At highway speed, you hear barely a trace of wind rush and, on course pavement, a trace of road noise." For their noise rating thay gave it an "excellent". I have not personnally driven an ES300 so I cannot speak from experience. It is hard to say if this is an actual problem or not but to some people it is.
    that's very funny tlswhiz.
    I don't know how my dealer can brainwash me
    since I hardly ever go see them about a problem.
    but I know you're kidding. I think my own car
    has brainwashed me with it's almost flawless
    daily functionalities into thinking that it's
    the best.
    and please think about and analyze the issue before responding. if you have 2 cars with
    the same origin and both are purchased, and one
    car is not properly maintained and abused driven
    while the other is cared for according to manufacturer's recommendations, which car would
    most likely have less problems down the road?

of course there are few exceptions to anything
    in life as this goes without saying. but I'm
    speaking in terms of #s. If you have problems
    with your ES, it doesn't automatically mean that
    it was not properly maintained or was abused
    driven, but chances are, that's what it means.
    so no it's not according to my wisdom, it's
    accoring to common sense wisdom using math.

yes I got the point steve..

stuart and fred,

wind noise on the ES is not a major problem. it's
    more of an annoyance I think. I've been in many
    different types of vehicles and they all have
    wind noises. but most also have engine and road
    noise whereas the ES's engine seem to be muted.
    so I think the engine noise of other cars may
    distract drivers from the wind noise. In the ES,
    there's no distraction. In mine, I hardly notice
    it unless I really try to listen or if it's a
    windy day on the highway. with the radio on, all
    I hear is the radio.
  • spon46spon46 Member Posts: 2
    My Good Year Eagle tires need to be replaced at 26,000 mi. Thinking of Michelin Energy for $132 ea. Any recommendations? Want it to last around 40,000. Heard Pirelli's last that long but don't handle well in the rain.
    do you hear the applause?

I don't.

Anyways -- i'm glad you like your vehicle -- maybe you forgot, I loved my '94 until I had to get rid of it. I hope you never have a problem with your vehicle, and I hope you wake up one day and realize that Lexus, like Bentley, like Mercedes, and like Ferrari is not infallible, like your ES300. All ES300's weren't built in Camelot like yours, so forgive me for posting about my problems on this "Lexus ES300" forum ... YUP! It's the ES300 forum!

Have a nice day, and enjoy your car, you're in love with it!

It's down to the wire. I've been working with a dealer in the Atlanta area on a 2001 Coach Edition ES300. His price........$32,268 (I used Costco Pricing). I would be leasing the car for 39 months with payments being $520/mo. including tax. Any opinions on this price? (good or bad).

Thank you.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    I've decided my next car is an ES300. I've no objection to a used one if someone else takes the intial hit, but the darned things seem as high as a new ones. Is there anybody out there who thinks a used one makes any sense. I watch the Dallas paper and they're so close to the a new one, I can't see the plus. If Edmund's TVM is correct, why pay 29K for one a year old? Any opinons.
  • jwfslkjwfslk Member Posts: 9
    I paid $31,250 for mine- Diamond White Pearl, value pkg, htd. seats, wood steering whl, trunk mat and wheel locks. My salesman (this is the 3rd I bought from him) threw in a trunk cargo net.
    I bought during the last week of January, I think if you wait until the last week of the month you can probably do a little better. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.