Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedans

Comments

• nabzynabzy Posts: 29
    I do doubt we will get it in the US, by the way the pic with a manual is an E220, a model we wont even get here, usually by the time you reach the benz 320 level, its autos only, bar the occasional exception
  • You can get more info also at:

http://www.thehollywoodextra.com

Just scroll down to Vince's car page, then go to the Mercedes link
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Nabzy, I'm sorry, but I had to remove all four of those pictures. There were several problems with them, so please bear with me while I explain.

First, because of copyright issues, you cannot use the "img src" tags to display any pictures here that you do not own personally. It seems unlikely that you own these pictures based on your commentary, but even if you do own them, there were two other problems.

Most of our membership still use dial up connections and many are not able to use very high resolution displays. On a 56k dial-up this page was taking greater than 10 minutes to load. That's just too many pictures in a row. One picture might have been workable, but...

Except, that in this case, the width of all four pictures badly skewed the screen at 1024x768 and made the screen totally unreadable at 800x600 (which is a far more common setting for our members).

Please understand that I am not "yelling" at you, I'm just trying to explain that much of our community is not on the leading edge of technology and these sorts of posts make their participation very difficult.

So please, instead of using the img src tags for pictures of that size (or pictures that you do not own), just give us links to pictures you find interesting. That way anyone who is interested can follow the links and those who are just skimming through, don't care, and don't have leading edge advantages don't have to deal with all the issues.

I need to come back to the copyright issues one more time. Besides our not being able to support the display of pictures our members do not own, we also cannot allow in our messages copyrighted text. I am concerned about the text that you copied from somewhere in your message above - could you just provide a link to those descriptions as well? If the link in that message contains all of that information, please delete your message and just repost the link.

Drop me an email if you have any questions; I don't want to go so far off-topic here.

And please give us links to those pictures.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • e320be320b Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a CD Changer for my 2000 E320.
    My radio code starts with AL...

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    RC
  • bud24bud24 Posts: 8
    Freezing in Wisconsin

I have a 2001 E430 AWD, E1, E2, K2A which is the best car I ever owned. There is a new problem. The fan in the A/C or heater seems to be malfunctioning. It comes on intermittently. Sometimes, it does not come on at all, even after the engine has been running for some time. The heated seats keep an important part of me a warm but but the other parts get pretty cold. The windshield defogger doesn't work. I checked the fuses for the temp control system but they look o.k.. Don't have time to go to the dealer till next week and its cold! Any bright ideas?
  • jean7of9jean7of9 Posts: 192
    For sharing all the above updates with us. Keep them coming.
    Jean
  • nabzynabzy Posts: 29
    I will just be posting links as not to infringe any copywright laws :)

http://www.germancarfans.com/News.cfm?NewsID=2020115.001

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/ index_e.htm?/specials/e_klasse_w211/eklasse_1_e.htm

http://www.jes-mercedes.de/indexie.htm

(click on 15.01.2002 Zur E-Klasse (W211) Photogalerie)

• Can anyone comment on the merits of a '98 e430 sport, as opposed to a later model (more expensive, of course)?
    What to watch out for, what options are most useful, or any comments in general?
    I appreciate any input.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,988
    Hello All! I was wondering if you all could tell me what the best MB Dealer in the NY Metro Area. If this has been posted before, please forgive me & just email me your answers. I'm fed up with Benzel Busch & Mercedes-Benz of Nanuet. Thanks for your help!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• jstylejstyle Posts: 129
    Here is a link to some official E-class photos. What do you guys think of the car? I think it looks a bit like the C-class. May be very hard to tell on the road.

http://mbspy.bacosys.be/w211fipho.htm

• merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    I'm a little dissapointed by the styling. The rear end looks nothing like a Mercedes should. The interior looks good, but the styling a step back from the current E-Class I think.

M
  • cticctic Posts: 291
    the host was just talking about nazby's large pictures and long loading times for people with slow modems.

It was taking me a long time to load this page and then I saw that they had inserted an inch and a half banner on the top and this was causing the long loading time.
  • lenscaplenscap Posts: 854
    I love the huge sunroof, it is incredible. But what's up with that enormous clock in the gauge cluster? A clock should be centrally located for all passengers to see.

I'm sure it will be a huge success.
    I just can't stand that rear end, at least not right now. Mercedes always [did] the rear of a car just right. Clearly by this new E you can tell Brunno Sacco has left the building.

M
  • pgillpgill Posts: 84
    Try Prestige MB in Paramus. Although I live 2 miles from Benzel Busch, I purchased my MB at Prestige. Their price and service has been very good for me.
    I was reading the official word on the new car and it stated that the styling makes the car look coupe-like and smaller than it really is. Kind of like the S-Class. I too agree about the rear end. German cars are moving in a much more radical less conservative stylized direction. I think the rear of the new CLK will be even more dramatic and like nothing MB has ever done. How many of you like the idea of looking smaller? Anyone know what the updated S-class will look like this fall?
  • ygubbiygubbi Posts: 3
    The E320s come in three Silver colors
    - Quartz Silver
    - Desert Silver
    - Brillant Silver

Can someone tell me the difference between the
    three?
    Is there a Website I can go to and get an idea?

Thanks

-yogi
  • rowlandjrowlandj Posts: 254
    The Desert silver is more of a "champaigne" than a silver, I guess metallic sand is what they had in mind. This is the color of my E and it is VERY different from the other "silvers".

If anyone is looking for a NY dealer Friendly Motorcars (Mike Caifa is the salesperson) is a good recommendation if they are within a good distance for you. Number is 845-298-0600.

Regards to all,

John R.
  • EdsotoEdsoto Posts: 42
    It will take a while to get used to the new design...

Some people will like it, others will not - But generally we have it for a few years...
    Is it really this fall that the S gets it's facelift? Thats kinda soon isn't it? Time really flies with these cars. The S is still "new" to me.

M
  • cticctic Posts: 291
    The new S-class looks too small. It looks too much like the new C-class. When one's coming towards me I can't tell them apart.
    Well I see I get a new "E500" this time around. Not in the same veign as the previous "E500" but close. At http://mbspy.bacosys.be/index2.html, they have a good write up on the new chassis. Seems like Airmatic with "DC" will be an improvement from the Airmatic setup on the current S-Class. Now I await the new E55 Kompressor with 469hp and I guess there's a new wagon ahead too. I still miss the W124 "E" though.

M

• vs4vs4 Posts: 70
    In my opinion I like the interior of the E-Class except the big clock in the dash area. I also like all the features it has but I hate the exterior design of the new E-class especially the rear and side(looks like Ford Taurus) look.
    Yes the S-Class and CL-class are getting face lifts (new front and tail designs, probably lights and bumpers as well as wheel designs) this fall as 2003 models. They are mid way between total redesigns in 2005-6. I am mostly interested in the rumors of supercharged engines in the CL500 and S500 (a 5.5L w/400+hp). German dealers say this is the case, although I don't know whether they are in the AMG models given the S63 and CL63...Also interior electronic changes are a new much larger command display and design and trim changes, perhaps new center console and more wood trim. The electronic brakes on the SL and E will arrive as well as an updated Airmatic and ABC...Anyways I just was looking for photos or spy shots.
  • Yes what you heard about AMG's 5.5 being supercharged is true. I heard 430hp for the S55 and CL55 AMG. The rumor that rather buzzles me is that this might put an end to Mercedes' V-12 engine. If you follow Mercedes showcases, you will see that all high-performance concepts have V8's, even the 500hp+ SLR.
    Thanks. Should be interesting if the "55" models get the same 469hp 5.5L sc motor from the SL55. Well I'll now state the obvious. Mercedes' latest V12 is just plain not up to snuff with only 362hp. A 5.8L V12 should at least have 400hp. The fact there is no SL600 yet tells me Mercedes either recognizes this and is working on getting more power out of this engine or they're dropping it. I can't see them just dropping it seeing that it's a brand new engine. The "63" models have the power the regular "600" models should already have. The S-Class really doesn't need any cosmetic changed, but the interior, comand system and a better standard wheel/tire combo (i.e. 17inchers) are welcome changes.

M
    I agree that the S-class doesn't need any cosmetic changes although I hope they don't redesign the tail to look like the new E-class Ford taurus like back end. I expect projector lenses in the headlamps though.
  • valueguyvalueguy Posts: 208
    I for one am very skeptical of the reliability of all these new electronic M-B gadgets. The Achilles' heel of my '00E430 are the gadgets.
    The voice activated cell phone was replaced twice and the CD changer still malfunctions ocassionally.

The dash "clock" loses time and needs to be replaced. I am going to do this in the next few months. But, because the clock is integrated into the car's display panel I will need an entire new panel.

The bottom line is M-B lags significantly behind Lexus in the area of electronics. Since the new "E" is loaded with them I recommend avoiding this brand new design for at least 1 year maybe even two.
  • joeadpjoeadp Posts: 68
    Well said on the 2003.

I will wait at least a year.

My dash clock loses about 3 minutes a month.
    Is it worth having it changed?

I know it is covered but will a problem such as a noise in the dash result when one puts in a new display panel?

Do you have to push them for this repair?

Thanks

Joe
This discussion has been closed.