Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• snowbound2snowbound2 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a Sienna LE with Package #4 and AWD from Maplewood Toyota in Maplewood, MN for $27,168 (OTD; although, I not subject to sales tax), invoice less $1,250 Toyota customer rebate. Thus, ultimate price to me was $1,250 below invoice or $4,208 below MSRP.

MSRP: $31,326.00
    Sale Price: $27,118.00
    Lic & Fees: $50.00
    Total: $27,168.00
  • lookn4vanlookn4van Member Posts: 19
    OK this is what I did
    1) went to website thomason toyota, asked for email quote. they emaied/called back. I asked if they have the car/color etc.
    2) meantime i emailed springfield toyota in VIRGINIA. he gave the LOWEST quote in the whole country.
    3) i called thomason ( i can give u the name of the internet sales mgr later if u need) and asked them if they price match. they said they will.
    4) they did. NO HAGGLING, no fighting, AT all .it seemed too goof to be true. I drove 4.5 hours to Porland, i was out inm under 3 hours. drove the care home.
    5) out the door price (including title/regn) was 24679. no tax in oregon for oregonians of course. I don't remember the breakup. i can look it up if u want me to.
    mandira pls look at my post# 5781.
  • minduramindura Member Posts: 4
    Hi lookn4van,

Thanks a lot lookn4van. Can you give me the dealer name in virginia?

Thanks,
    mindura
  • irgirg Member Posts: 197
    That is a horrible rate for a lease. For comparison, I leased a base XLE at Fitzmall, for $359/month for 36 months, with $0 down, and that's with NY state taxes included. Two bonuses too: since I leased it from Maryland, and live in NY, they did not charge me any acquisition fee (It is a $1050 fee in NY) and for some reason, they also sent me over $1k back in the mail saying that it was a refund from my taxes (not sure if this was a mistake or not). Anyway, avoid this lease. If you must lease, wait til the '06 models come out - the residuals will be higher, hence a lower payment. I also found the (bas) XLE model to lease cheaper than a LE with a package #5 or #6, because again, of a higher residual.
  • strstr Member Posts: 64
    Where have you been stranger? I found an XLE package #4, extra miles A, leather seats, arctic frost pearl paint, 2004, 16,223 miles like new condition, they asked 26,700 I said no way, offered 24,200 they said yes. Does this sound ok?
  • trj93trj93 Member Posts: 8
    As it turned out, we did ask, and were able to get $500 added to our trade, without even the blink of an eye. So even though the Sienna was still the $35,498 they quoted us (after $1000 rebate), whether the extra $500 came off the price or went onto the trade didn't matter to us. The bottom line was that we paid less than our upper limit and just below the 'TMV' for our model (XLE Lim Pkg. 2) and region. And, as an added bonus, our loan rate was 4.59%, instead of the 4.99% initially quoted to us.

We had the van signed, sealed, and delivered before the kids could get bored! It was by far the easiest, most pleasant car purchase we have ever had. Jim Barkely Toyota made everything easy. They didn't hover, didn't push and didn't play games. Now, maybe their service dept. is a totally different story, but I'll have 3 free oil changes to find that out.

It all worked out so well, especially since we had a flight out of town the next day. Not having to deal with the stress of 'negotiations' was excellent. Of course that meant my beautiful van had to sit in my garage for a week, but better there than on the sales lot! ;-) Now that we're home, I've been able to get to know my Sienna better, and I just love it!

Thanks everyone for all the advice and input - it really helped!
    ">
  • maxg1maxg1 Member Posts: 1
    We also live in Southern California. Can you tell me what dealership you bought yourSienna XLE #7?
  • 96pathfind96pathfind Member Posts: 22
    Drove an '05 LE over the weekend and LOVED it. Much nicer than other vans we've looked. However, price is an issue. Can anyone elaborate on the differences between the LE and the lower priced CE? If you've driven the CE, how'd it "feel" compared to the more expensive model? I'm particularly concerned about the lack of privacy glass in the CE as well as the "special" CE upholstery identified in the brochure.

Also, can anyone speculate on the possibility of new rebates on the Sienna in the coming months (I live in central PA). Thanks!!!
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    The major differences between the two models are:

No power passenger door.

No privacy glass.

Privacy glass is easily rectified using a reputable place to put tint on the windows.

The difference in fabric is more just the pattern rather than the quality of the material. I personally have not found a significant difference between the two.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • nopnop Member Posts: 4
    Hi Mark,

Just wondering where you are? and what dealership you used?

Also, is this the TOTAL except for taxes, or were there other costs?

Thanks
    Just getting into the nitty gritty of buying. I have a few requests/questions:

1. does anyone know the actual invoice on an xle awd w/ pkg 9 ( heated seats, curtain airbags)?

2. what have people paid for similar lately in ct/new england?

3. is it possible to have fitz or darcar ship, or better to head down to md?

4. local dealer said @ 33,000 for this vehicle

thanks!
  • minibusminibus Member Posts: 1
    Just got Limited AWD with package #2 (nav & entertainment system). Paid $37000 + MD tax + tags + $198 processing fee. Does it looks like a good deal? Edmunds "invoice" for this vehicle is $37099.

Got an impression that dealers are eager to get rid of them by the end of the month. If I insisted I could probably squeeze another $200-300.

By the way, Fitzgerald absolutely refused to go below their posted "value" price of $38011 for the similar vehicle. Makes me wonder why anybody would buy a car from them.
  • jamaddoxjamaddox Member Posts: 1
    Hi all! I'm new here. After test driving the Hybrid Highlander, I decided I needed more room for my 3 kids and 2 dogs. This after being on the list for over a year! The salesman recommended a Sienna. I always said I would never drive a minivan; then we test drove the Sienna and I said "ok", this is nice! I am conflicted about spending a ton of money as I really want a Hybrid (my husband has had his Prius for 15 months & we love it!) and rumors say 2007 for the Sienna-type version. I need the safety features and the space for my kids.
    I emailed a Virginia dealership (I think the same one as lookn4van) about an LE 8 passenger package #5 and was quoted a price of $25,682 - $1003 more than you! Can you let me know what you did to get that great price? I really don't want to go to Virginia, but want to use the quote to get a better price from my local dealership as they still have my $1000 deposit from the Highlander. They say it is easily refundable; we'll see how easy if they don't match the lowest price! I am willing to go to Atlanta or Orlando to get a van!
    Thanks,
    Jen
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ok, what is going on here? I have been looking at the Sienna XLE for months now and the main problem I have is not being able to get all of the features I want in one package or being able to afford it once I do. Then I just happened to read an earlier post about the Honda having all of the features this person wanted in the EX with leather package for about 4,000 less than the Sienna. So, I researched this idea and got a dealer quote, the EX with leather, lumbar, power sunroof, dual power sliding doors, front power seats, floor mats, rear back up sensor, tire pressure monitor, plus one passenger seat etc... for 25,500 MSRP 30,485. The Sienna XLE package #6 (heated seats, power sunroof, dual power sliding doors, 30,954 MSRP 34,795.
    Why is the Odyssey so much less? Am I not seeing something here? Why would anyone get a Sienna with so few options for a much higher price when the Odyssey is available with so much more for less? I must be missing something here please let me know what it is before I jump on the Honda deal.
  • wusterwuster Member Posts: 153
    Wow, what dealer quote you that price?
  • 96corolla96corolla Member Posts: 94
    Let me know, and I'll go jump on that deal. I know when I was doing the comparison, I thought I'd be very LUCKY to get the EX cloth for around that price....the fact that somebody is qouting the EX-L there is pretty unbelievable. It is also the reason why many peple choose the Honda over Sienna - price.
  • kjokjo Member Posts: 24
    OK str, your price on the Sienna is $362 over invoice, sounds like a good deal, the price you give for the Ody EX-L is $2449 UNDER invoice, that is a steal, and no dealers are doing this. I guess I have to ask 2 questions, first, is there any miles on the Ody ? Secondly, if there isn't any miles on it, what is the Dealer name, I'm goin to buy it.
    Ok, I called the dealership about the 25,500 van and they said it was without leather and some other things but they threw it in with the price quotes in case I was interested. I had specifically requested the EX-L so when I saw that quote in there I knew it was too good to be true. Anyway, the lowest quote they had on the EX-L is 27,232. What do you think? It still beats the Sienna by a quite a bit! It seems the 05 Odyssey's are going quickly, two dealerships emailed back saying they are completely out of them. I guess I'd better make a decision or I may be out of luck.
    Well, I'm not sure that the XLE pck 6 vs EX-L is a true apples to apples, but I honestly don't know what all the extra's are. I do know the XLE will have a power rear hatch and some other things the EX-L won't, but I can't remember them all. You'll just have to decide what is more important...basically are the extra perks worth the extra cash for the XLE. If it is really only leather you are interested in, perhaps another option in an LE and then just go get aftermarket leather. I've seen folks who have gotten aftermarket leather on the Sienna owners boards and it supposed to be as nice as OEM. Just a thought.

As I mentioned above though, in reading the Sienna vs Ody board, I have read many people in your situation. They would have gone with Sienna, but were able to get comparable Ody for much less. So, if you are in that boat, the Ody may make sense. Good Luck, let us know what you choose.
    Thanks, toyotaken, for elaborating on differences between LE & CE. Anyone else care to speculate on potential upcoming rebates or price breaks on the Sienna? Dealers in this area (central PA) are offering "invoice pricing" or "employee discount pricing", depending which dealer you visit. I assume this reflects some push on the part of toyota to move vehicles, and would seem to bode well for the introduction of rebates in the coming months. Thoughts?
    Sounds like you and i may be in similar boats. I tend to believe the incentives will come back. I've also been told by a few dealers that they believe they'll come back too. I think the Mid-Atlantic region which includes PA is really slow this month due to the dropped incentives. This factor, combined with the fact that we seemed to be one of the few who did have the rebates dropped, leads me to believe they will come back. Then again, maybe I'm just being hopeful. We'll find out in a few days I guess.
    Seems to be an abundant supply of '05s still on dealer lots, so waiting a week or so on the chance we'll save some $$$ doesn't seem much of a risk. Should be plenty left to choose from. The dealer I visited had many LEs on the lot, no CEs. I asked if it would be difficult to come up with a CE, and he printed a list from the computer showing dozens of them in pretty much every color in stock throughout the area.
  • siennasiennasiennasienna Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a CE last week, and I am very happy with it. As it is near the end of the month, they should be motivated to sell them before they need to pay more interest on them. I got a CE7 w/ roof rack and cruise control for $21,373 +$99 dealer processing,tax& tags (and I live in a region with no Toyota rebates). You may need to go directly to a dealer who has one in stock to get the best price. I found that once I added the cruise control and roof rack, the base LE didn't have anything else I wanted. I can always get the windows tinted later if I want.
    What I can say is that after over 10 years of working with Toyota, I don't even try to figure out what they're going to do in regards to incentives in coming months. Sometimes they go the way you expect, sometimes they do just the opposite. They kept the $1,000 rebate in force here in the NY region, but dropped it elsewhere but they dropped rebates from some of our other models and kept them in other regions as well. I know that inventory here in NY seems to be thinning pretty quickly, but we'll have to see what happens after the next allocation.

Good luck on your shopping!

Ken
    Thanks for the insight Ken. We in the mid-atlantic will keep our fingers crossed!!!!
    In case anyone is from Oklahoma, Fowler Toyota started their summer sell out sale on 2005 Toyotas and they are offering 5,000 off MSRP on the Siennas.
  • rob_nycrob_nyc Member Posts: 6
    Thats too much...Try the Internet Sales Rep at Wappinger Falls Toyota...she was great and more competitive...
  • vaninhoustonvaninhouston Member Posts: 1
    Hi I just got this package quoted at 35,600 + Tax +Tags in Texas, Does it sound like a good deal?

Rueben
    OK - now I have a quote for $31,500 on XLE AWD w/ pkg 9 (heated seats & curtain airbags) nothing additional other than tax & tags. Should I jump on it? I'm calling Wappinger in the morning, though! Thanks for the tip.
    Jamaddox,
    I don't think I did anything special.
    Did you send am email to springfield virginia thru' thier website ? That
    is what I did. THEN I called the guy. Asked him if he can get a better
    price and he did.
    Otherwise try getting quotes from darcars/fitzmall also. They could be competitive.
    Check their websites.

Mindura:
    1) The dealership is Kay Jennings Springfield Toyota in Springfield
    virginia,
    2) Get quotes from darcars/fitzmall also. They could be competitive.
    Check their repsrctive websites.

I can't post my email address or salespersons email ID here, so am sorry can't help you there. I did that yesterday but my post was removed from the forum. :-(

I wish I could give you more specific info. but edmunds formu admin. won't allow that . Sorry and good luck with your serach.
  • trapper7147trapper7147 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know when the 2006 Siennas will be arriving at the dealers? I am located in NC, and one dealer is not giving details just "Near the end of the year". I know they want to get rid of what they have but I want to see what is changing for the 06's before I make my decision.

Anyone know what is changing for 06? I am thinking XLE, since I don't know if I can justify for Limited.

Thanks in advance!
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    You price essentially was 21.4K. Sounds unbelievabe. And with no rebates! Did that include the destination charge? Was there a trade involved? According to Edmunds that price is below invoice and $1500 below TMV. Was it a 7 or 8 passenger seating?
    I know, I had trouble believing it myself. Yes, the price I mentioned included the destination charge. I just paid the 21,373+tax+$99 dealer processing + MD tags for a CE7 with roof rack, cruise control, and floor mats. I got them to match a trade offer from CARMAX (which another dealer wouldn't do). Actually as per my e-mail negotiations, I was expecting to pay $21,676, but I think they gave me a Toyota loyalty rebate or something like that at the last minute.
  • artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    Today Toyota announced a $385 price increase on the 2006 Sienna. All models will now have standard side curtain airbags.
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    SiennaSinenna....so the price would have been 21.4 even w/out the trade, ie the trade did not factor into th eprice?

Artgpo....sound like a fair deal no? Are those curtains on front and rear seats?
    I know that I could have gotten the same equipped (and color) 7 passenger CE w/ roof rack and cruise control for $21,676 (this price was only good on vans that the dealers had in stock) at two dealerships that are 20 miles away from each other with or without a trade last month in Maryland. I wouldn't step foot in either dealership until I got the price I wanted negotiated via e-mail (I had gotten a trade-in offer and test drove a new Sienna at a nearby CARMAX dealership). One dealer let me walk out the door because they wouldn't match CARMAX's appraisal (they started off $1200 below, and worked up to $200 below). The second dealer agreed to match CARMAX's appraisal (I had given him the choice of taking my trade at CARMAX's price, or waiting for me to drive to CARMAX to sell my car). It is a mystery to me how I got the extra $303 off, but when I saw that number when I went upstairs to financing, I certainly was not going to complain. I think it may have had something to do with a Toyota loyalty rebate.

I think the side curtain airbags protect passengers in all three rows.
    Ok guys, let me know about this price quote. 2005 LE added leather, sunroof, wood grain, rear spoiler, color white with taupe interior, 29,100. This is probably the van we are going to get if they will trade for a good price.
  • irgirg Member Posts: 197
    Summer,
    Have you been getting my emails? Somehow I don't think so. Last I heard from you, you were looking at a Odyssey EX leather, because it was cheaper than the Sienaa XLE with similar features. I think the LE that you mentioned in this post seems a little high, but you are adding leather - I guess this is an added dealer option, because I think only the XLE and Limited offer leather. If you can get the Odyssey for less than that, I would go with it, even though I own and really like the Sienna. Whichever one you can get for less would be my choice! I've become more budget concious lately with everything. Let me know if you haven't been getting my last couple of emails. irg
    Hey Ian,
    Yes, I did just get your e-mails and I am writing you back tonight (sorry it took so long). I've been gone the past few evenings not to mention Brooklyn broke her arm and we sat in a hospital for five hours Monday night!
    Anyway, the final deal goes like this, if we decide tonight to take it, 2005 LE package #4 (trip computer, power rh door, rear seat audio, curtain airbags all 3 rows, side impact airbags, 8 way power driver seat) 50 state emissions, security system upgrade, vehicle shield package, rental car assistance, leather interior upgrade, carpet mat set/ door sill protectors, rear spoiler, wood grain, sunroof and the final price is 28,749. Now for the rest of my story read your e-mail and I'll explain about the other vans.
    Well the deal has been made. We just bought an 05 LE package #4, night vision mirror upgrade, extra mile A, security system upgrade, carpet mats, leather interior upgrade and whatever I wrote above plus some other small things like mud guards which I could care less about but were already on the van and had wood grain dash and door accents added as well as a rear spoiler and a sunroof.

The final price after 1,000 rebate (which I did not know we were getting) was 27,749.00. I am interested to know what some of you other guys are paying for the LE or if anyone else has a package similar to this one what you paid. I haven't really seen any posts about LEs that have some of this stuff added but then again I didn't have time to go back through all of the posts so I didn't have anything to compare it to, let me know what you think.
  • rob_nycrob_nyc Member Posts: 6
    how did it go?
  • ackvigendackvigend Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE with a package #8. MSRP is 39,800 We got it for 36,912.05 out the door(including tax & license) my question is: Is that a good price? Did I get a good deal?
    FYI- $750 rebate now in effect on '05 Siennas in our area (PA).
  • msabatini2001msabatini2001 Member Posts: 4
    I was offered this deal for the 2005 LE with pkg# 1 (trip computer, homelink, etc). He had 2 cars on the lot.

base price $23500 (I guess includes dest charge)
    tags,4-yr reg $322 (do we now pay for 4 years registration?)
    tires surcharge $7.50 ($1.50 / tire)
    doc fee $95 (tried to get rid of this, couldn't. Has anyone managed to get this out?)
    NJ tax $1435
    minus $1000 rebate (why do they take this off later. shouldn't this come off the base price?)

Is this a good deal? I wanted him to
    - start with base 23,000
    - subtract $1000 first before calculating taxes

He didn't want to do this. So I walked. This was in central NJ.
    Mark Sabatini
    As far as I am aware, the rebate in all states is taken off after tax. Just like a "mail in rebate" when you buy something in the store, taxes are paid on the amount that you're buying the item for, then the rebate is deducted. They didn't do anything wrong.

Good luck.

Ken
    I think it is the law that they need to calculate the taxes before subtracting the rebate. This should happen at any dealer with the manufacturers rebate.

It looks like the Edmunds invoice price is $23,649 including the destination charge. It looks like he was offering you a good deal. The best test of that would be if you can find another dealer willing to give you a better bottom line.

Good luck!
  • lin5lin5 Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2005 XLE FWD with pkg#6. got it for 29,792. OTD : 32,390 (after 750 rebate)
    Is it a fair deal or not?
  • mfc3mfc3 Member Posts: 8
    I tried to buy a Sienna LE8 with Package#5 in Bay Area, california.
    After I put in deposit and later dealer called me the car is not available in the area.
    So I decided to call LA and found many cars with Pakage #5 and Package #6 option. It is 400 Miles away. I also called Toyota USA to see if I can get incentive
    to buy in LA, or I should buy Honda Odyssey instead. The guy, called Marvin (?),
    is so difficut and he said go ahead to buy Honda, So ..... I got the Local Honda dealer quote at $23.2K for Honda Odys LX. I will give it a try.
    The Honda comes with traction control as standard.
    No longer loyal to Toyota any more. I am owner of 2001 Toyota Camry.
    Funny, I have exactly the opposite experience this evening with them. My person was great. I guess it is just the luck of the draw. Well, good luck. That is the exact vehicle I plan on getting.

If you are looking at Ody vs Sienna 8, and you have young kids and plan to put 3 in row 2, you better make sure you can fit all 3 in the 2nd row on that pretend 8th seat the Ody has. The jury is out on how safe that seat is for a child seat. Good luck either way, I figured I'd bring this to your attention just in case.