Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedans

1125126127128129131»

Comments

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I have no idea of market prices for that car, but I drove an 89 260E for 160,000 miles. I don't recall any significant repair or maintenance issues. It was a great car. If I could get a 260E or 300E with that mileage at that price, and it checked out mechanically, I might grab it. Are you familiar with benzworld.org?
  • jdkirkjdkirk Member Posts: 4
    No, I am not familiar with Benzworld but will take a look. Thanks.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Update to above. While still may be overpriced I have looked at 2010 E350 and it may be in my future. Dealer did not have any Luxury (non-sport) models, but will have one from the port soon for me to actually test drive. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    While MSRP has been reduced about 5K, still think it should come with more options, but can be satisfied with what PO1 package offers.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    As noted, my quest to buy an E-class without a sunroof for the extra inches of headroom was finally nixed by corporate. Has anyone sat in both the 'standard' E-class equipped with the sunroof verses the optional panoramic one? Is there a difference? I only sat in the one with the panoramic sunroof, and my hair rubbed on the ceiling. I'm leary about that, but wondered about the total amount of headroom between the two. I'd much rather avoid the cost of either sunroof for the 41.3" of headroom you get nearly anywhere else in the world without a sunroof we are forced to live with here. I don't think I want the coupe, which should fit...bummer, no good choices out there. In sedans, there's the Genesis 6 without any options, the Infiniti M (who knows what next year's will bring), and the E-class coupe. Lack of a useful back seat and easy access may be a killer. Also, wonder why we can't get it in diesel like the rest of the world.

Any good info on the estate? What it will be offered with here? In UK spec, it has almost the headroom of the M (off by 0.1"), which is doable. Do they ever put a sunroof on that platform (which would kill the headroom like in the sedans)? Any word on diesel and 4Matic on that platform?

Why have a car with all of that legroom, if you don't have headroom to match?
  • teresavteresav Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a used mercedes from a dealer. After I paid for it, the rear defog was not working. I brought it back to the dealer and they said they would have to get a new window in. Has anyone had problems with this year car regarding the rear defog not working. thanks.
  • golfhardgolfhard Member Posts: 16
    any thoughts on the ride between these two. i like the looks of the sport especially with extra wheel package, but, mostly concerned with ride and noise level. i live in a snowy place and will get AWD. thanks
    You really, really need to drive both back to back.
    However, the luxury model does ride better than the sport model-and the brochure even states this. May be quieter too due to less engine/transmission noise, but don't know.
    The sports have 18" wheels vs. 17" for the luxury. 17" wheels ride better.
    Sports has low-profile tires and luxury has regular performance tires which ride better.
    Luxury has the comfort suspension which rides better than the sports suspension.
    BTW, the C/S switch on the console is NOT for the suspension. It's for the transmission and both luxury and sport come with it.
    Not sure about the 4matic, but the 2WD sports has different size tires front and back which means you cannot rotate them.
    I have the luxury E350. It is not a Lexus, but it rides fairly well for a German car.
  • larrydtlarrydt Member Posts: 2
    I would like to know if it would be cost effective to have my drive shaft replaced on my 2003 E320 or to buy another one, if so what would the cost be to have the drive shaft repaired.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I had a loaded C class a few years back and while I like the new C and E class designs and styling, I'm starting to have to shy away from MB completely! I have back problems and ground clearance is a factor for me with vehicles, because the lower to the ground they are the harder it is to get in and out of them in regards to pulling on your back. To me, MB has taken the C and E class far to low to the ground for my comfort level and its shame to have to nicks them for this reason. I have a 3G TL and that is about as low to the ground as I would want to go with a car.

But luckily, design change over time, and maybe I'll get lucky on the next gen C and E class and they'll go back the other direction on ground clearance.

If you don't have a back problem or any other major orthopedic problems nothing I say will matter and all power to you getting a C or E class. They are nice snazzy looking vehicles!
    I know exactly what your talking about and you're the first person I've seen mention it on an automotive forum. I think what you're referring to is not really ground clearance but "hip point, " the height of your hips above the ground when you're seated. I'm looking for a car to replace a Passat and that's the first thing I notice. You can get an avalanche of automotive information on the web but I've never seen hip points published in manufacturer's literature or automotive reviews. It's a common measurement used in automotive design and engineering, but apparently nowhere to be found by the consumer. Google hip point...
  • rch98rch98 Member Posts: 2
    How do you reset the FSS on 2008 bluetec
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    When i see all these questions I wonder why all of you don't join the Mercedes club (MBCA) where you can get answers. Most tech questions get an answer and other benefits are included. You bought a Mercedes so why not spend $45/yr to know what you have?
    Thanks...I'll check it out.
    I have back and knee problems and no problems with my E350 as far as getting in and out and overall comfort. Does have some impact harshness, but that is M-B and German cars.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Personally, for me at least I have had some issues getting in and out of the C and E class though I'm still relatively young and could probably live with it. For me though, the GLK is the absolute perfect height off the ground for me and easy as pie to get in and out of!
This discussion has been closed.