Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic 2005 and earlier

Comments

• hondaohondao Member Posts: 5
    Hi all I am, I am interested in purchasing an used Honda Civic. The car that I recently saw is a 2002 DX, 35000 miles, good engines with some cosmetic problems: deep foot long scratch on the side, bumper is cracked and will have to be replaced, old tires which will have to be replaced. The seller is asking for $8500.
    Q1: is this a fair price?
    Q2: how much would it cost roughly to replace the tires and fix the scratch and bumper?

Thank you so much in advance!
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    I have a 1994 Civic EX on which I have utilized a Yakima bicycle rack on and off for the last 8-9 years. The clamp system used to fit the 92-96 Civics requires that a metal flange extending from the tower sit behind the rubber weather-stripping of each of the door jambs. To reduce deformation of the weather stripping I only leave my rack on during extended trips with the bike(s). I have hauled two bikes without problem although there is extra wind noise. A few years ago I replaced the fork mounts with a Performance bike hard case to carry my road bike, which reduces wind noise and drag (improves MPG), but requires a greater disassembly of the bicycle.

I suspect the clamping system for the 92-96 era Civics places some undue stress on the window. I say this because my only problem in using the system has been a need to periodically have the window tint replaced on the front two windows because it begins to peel away at the top edge. This shouldn't be a problem if the newer Civics utilize a different clamp or if your Civic doesn't have aftermarket window tint. All in all, the Civic is a decent bicycle hauler although it does tax the 4 cylinder engine a little.

Gogiboy
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    From what I've seen on these kinds of repairs (and I'm not in the auto repair business but have had a lot of cars repaired over the years), you could be looking at $750-1000 easy for the repairs, and add $250-300 for a decent set of tires including mounting, balancing etc. Also keep in mind the warranty will be up in 1000 miles--if it isn't up already.

On price, you might want to post that question in the "real-world resale values" discussion--they can give you a better picture. If it were my nearly-$10k, I'd spend it elsewhere (like on a new car with a new-car warranty and more equipment than the Civic DX), but that's me.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    I could'nt have put it in words better. That's one puppy I'd pass on. I'd even cross shop with a Toyota Corolla, had 2 already and they wear very well. Back in '97, I got a '96 DX with miles in the high teens for around $10k, threw away those papers awhile ago. Great economical car which could "haul a-s" when I needed that extra acceleration.
    Keep on searching bud, there are plenty of better alternatives out there. Why buy a used car that needs that kind of work...makes no sense. Ask Terry over in the Real World Trade-In Forum. He's unbelievably accurate on prices and a nice guy to boot. He'll point you in the right direction.
    Good luck!

The Sandman :)

(p.s. get a car with a great safety record. Had a frontal crash with a sabal palm tree down here in Boca Raton on wednesday and the postal truck did a great job of protecting me...just very bruised and sore all over! :( )
  • mautomauto Member Posts: 75
    I've had the squeaky clutch problem on my 02 for the last 40k miles. Of course, it started after Honda's lousy 3/36 warranty had expired. Still, it doesn't bother me that much and if it's not harming the clutch master, I'm not gonna replace it. Now, if I could only fix the rear suspension which bounces over dips in the road more than a person on a trampoline.
  • miket99miket99 Member Posts: 6
    My 2003 Civic is locking me out of the car. I pressed unlock on the keyfob to unlock the doors but the door lock on the drivers door only goes up a quarter inch, then back down.

I keep pressing unlock but the same thing keeps happening, the drivers door lock will go up a little bit then right back down. Using the key in the door will not work either. Anyone have this problem before?
  • insomnia24insomnia24 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased my first Honda 2005 Civic EX, 5 spd, however the seatbelt alarm sound is driving me crazy when I am not wearing the seatbelt. Can someone tell me how to temporarily and permanently disable the alarm sound when not wearing a seatbelt (without disabling the airbag of course)? Thx

Marty
    I have a pretty good idea how to do this because the seat belt alarm on my car was accidently disengaged (had it reconnected by the dealer this week), but I'm not about to tell you. However, you won't hear it any more after you are thrown from the car in a collision, so that has the same effect as permanently disabling the alarm.

Please please please please... do not disable the seat belt alarm on your Civic. It's annoying for a reason. It's really easy to turn off the alarm just by buckling your seat belt.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Lost a friend when I was in high school. A minor accident but she got thrown out.

Sadly, it took her several days to die.

A beautiful, talented girl.
    I hydroplaned in my postal truck on April 27th and had I not been wearing my seatbelt, I would've been thrown the large windshield and killed by the large sabal palm tree my vehicle hit, after loosing all traction, jumping a curb & and coming to rest with a big bang as I hit the palm tree. Needless to say, the vehicle was totaled and I am still home from work and undergoing therapy for my neck and shoulders.
    I wasn't going very fast, about 10 mph, as I was lost. The wet pavement felt like ice after a recent rain shower and I lost ALL traction. My supervisor, the paramedics & the sheriff all said the seatbelt saved my life. i thank G-d that I had it on, as I never drive without it.
    Use your brain, put the seatbelt on everytime you sit in a car and live your life. I'm sure glad I did!

The Sandman :(

(Still stiff and in much pain 3 weeks later!)
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    That's terrible!! I'm so glad you are okay - relatively speaking, anyway. Hope you feel better soon.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    I have to disagree with you and for a good reason. People who don't wear their seatbelt make a conscious decision to do so. If they want to risk their life and risk getting a ticket, then so be it. It's their choice. Why should they have to deal with an aggravating alarm that does nothing other then to infuriate, which could possibly lead to road rage? Ask yourself this: If Hyundai decided to install an alarm that went off whenever you went over the posted speed limit, wouldn't that just piss you off and make you want to rip it out? You and me both know that exceeding the speed limit is against the law and dangerous, but I'm willing to bet you wouldn't obey the law just because their is an alarm telling you to do something you already are fully aware of. Instead, you would desperately try to find out how to shut the dumb thing up.

Here's another example: Riding a motorcycle without a helmut. It's not against the law in Florida, but it almost certainly means death if you are hit. I own a scooter and drive it to work periodically. I wear my helmut going to and from home, but don't when doing the deliveries for my job. I know damn well its extremely dangerous, but the helmut gets stifling hot in the wonderful hot and humid air of Florida and it puts pressure on my upper neck, leading to neck pain and then a headache. Plus, its just a hassle taking it on and off and it messes up my hair. Therefore, I choose my comfort over my safety. But you don't see the scooter beeping at me for doing this or the police pulling me over.

The seatbelt alarm is just another nanny that we don't need. It won't change people's minds, just annoy them. I think the seatbelt light and the beeping when you first start the car is plenty warning. That being said, I do believe in the life-saving benefits of the seatbelt. I just don't think people need to deal with another distraction just because they want to live life dangerously.
    Last time I looked, being stupid was not against the law!

(LOL)

I'm sorry if my showing concern for the life of another poster on this forum bothers you. Everyone is of course free to be as stupid as he or she wants to be. But I won't knowingly help someone do something I think is life-threatening. I won't even mention the neck pain and headache you could receive by not wearing a helmet. That's your choice.

If Hyundai put in a beeper that went off if the car went over the speed limit, I would be impressed by the technology ("how'd they determine the speed limit at any given time??") but would probably not buy that car. But Hyundai, or any automaker, wouldn't do that, so it's not a very good example. They would only do it if it were mandated by the government. And even the government isn't that stupid. I hope.

I don't know how long the seatbelt alarm sounds in the '05 Civic, but in my cars it sounds for a few seconds then goes off; the little "person wearing a seatbelt" light stays on steady (or blinking) indefinitely. Pretty easy for someone to ignore if they want to, IMO.
    After suffering back pain since 1988 and getting hurt at work June 1, 2004, I was about to resume work full time and give up my cane for good. This past April 27th, I hydroplaned in my postal truck after a brief rain, lost all traction, jumped a curb and plowed head on into a large sabal palm tree here in Boca Raton Florida. The impact was such that my glasses flew off my head, and the front of the truck was wrapped around the tree. Without my seatbelt on, I would not be typing this messege. My neck and shoulders are still bruised and I restarted physical therapy this week, hurt all the time and can't walk without my cane again, as the jolt put my lower back out again, though I'm not back to the point I was like last June, but will have chronic pain my whole life my many doctors have told me.
    Everyone who saw the accident scene has told me I was lucky to be wearing my seatbelt as IT DID SAVE MY LIFE! I know my wife and kids are glad I did wear it. I taught them all how to drive and putting on your seatbelt is the 1st thing we do when we all close our doors. Then it's starting the car and so on.
    I can't stress it enough, please everyone wear your seat belt or helmet. I did and my life and body are forever changed...the alternative if my belt had not been on is too scary to think about. Everyone who attended me at the scene, from my supervisors to the paramedics to the sheriff investigating the accident scene all asked me the same question..."Did you have your seat belt on?" And I could truthfully say, I did.
    It's a little thing in life to use safety gear when we operate a vehicle on our roads. Like the Nike commercial says..."Just Do It". Sure glad I did!!!
    Just some food for thought folks. Do it for your families if you have a problem just doing it for yourselves. I wouldn't wish the pain and agony and lost work days on anyone. I want my life back again!

The Sandman :sick:
    Nothing like being there.

Whenever I feel too lazy to put on my seatbelt (which I do sometimes), I will think of that story. I also think of the other eyes watching me--those of my three kids. I am proud of them that they always buckle up without being asked (took some work to get us to that point of course), and it would look pretty bad if dad didn't buckle up too. Or even worse, if his laziness caused him not to be around to nag them for a few more years.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    I agree, if it was like your Hyundai, who cares? It's just a few beeps and the light stays on. But that's not the case for numerous new cars. Mitsubishi uses a beeper that waits about 1 minute after starting the car and detects whether the car is in motion before sounding off a series of 5 beeps every 10 seconds. This is in addition to the light flashing and the usual beeping when first starting the car. Once the car is back in park, it still beeps incessantly until you shut the car off. Way overboard I think. Chevy's alarm starts bonging at you loudly the second you unbuckle if the car is in motion. I believe Honda uses something similar to Mitsubishi. So nowadays it isn't so easy to ignore.

You probably think I never wear my seatbelt, but that's not true. I have almost worn them everytime I have ever driven. I say almost because recently for a little over a month I sometimes didn't wear my belt on my super short 1 mile roundtrip routes. Mainly because I was in and out of the car so much that it got more in the way then anything. I even tried to get out of the car a few times while still buckled in. During that time I discovered how annoying the beeper is on my Mitsu. My job moved further away from the stop so I now buckle up 100% of the time. But from that short time, I could see how distracting and annoying it is for those that choose not to wear one and I really see no need for it to even be there since it's not gov't mandated. Hell, car companies have always hated adding safety features unless forced to do so, so I don't get their fascination with the seatbelt alarm. It was fine the way it was in your Hyundai.
  • chidorochidoro Member Posts: 125
    I have to disagree with you and for a good reason. People who don't wear their seatbelt make a conscious decision to do so. If they want to risk their life and risk getting a ticket, then so be it. It's their choice.

The problem with that statement is that it does effect more than just the driver making the poor decision. Car insurance, like all insurance is a pool. People who don’t wear their seatbelts drive the medical expenses up. Since the insurance company isn’t in business to lose money (in fact, they are regulated to show solvency even under catastrophic circumstances), guess who’s going to pay for it?

So while it may be their decision to be foolish, that decision effects my wallet. No thanks, NJ rates are already ridiculously high. I hope if the person doesn’t snap it on, the car dings, hoots, and hollers.
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    really get a chance to hear my seatbelt warning ding in my 04 Accord or my 04 Odyssey because, being the responsible adult I am, have enough common sense to buckle up.

Insurance is all about someone's premium paying for someone else's accident. If that weren't the case insurance companies would go out of business and it would be a free for all.
    Same thing with me, get in the car and put on the seat belt, then start the car and back out of the garage. It's like breathing...you just do it! Not a real difficult thing to do. Like I said in some earlier posts, the seat belt saved my life, or at least helped me to not get more serious injuries in my accident last month. Am still out of work, but starting to feel less stiff around the neck and shoulders as I started physical therapy this week. So folks...just use the seat belt...PERIOD!
    By the way, how's the baby doing? Coming up on his birthday I suspect?

• anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    the one year mark on April 2nd. He is growing and changing every day. Children are truly amazing.

To keep (somewhat) on topic .. I had an accident (NOT my fault) in my 02 Si just 3 weeks after purchasing it. I hit some while I was going approximately 45-50 MPH. I was wearing my seatbelt and escaped with only a slight mark on my arm from where the airbag deployed. The car was totalled and I was sore for a week or so but I got off easy considering the damage to both cars.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    This seatbelt issue is degenerating into personal insults - it's time to get back on topic, folks.
  • sequoia3sequoia3 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone recommend a GREAT Independent Honda Mechanic in the Central Texas Area for my 1991 Civic? I am in Fredericksburg. Thanks.
  • pipipipi Member Posts: 4
    Hi, everyone.
    I own an 04 civic VP. The mileage is about 11k. At this point I changed the engine oil at a local shop(This is the second lube service since I purchased this car). Now there is a few oil leaking underneath which never happened before. Since I don't know much about car, there is no conclusion I could make by myself. However I would assume that guy who changed the oil did something wrong, maybe the oil was over added. Could anyone give me some comments, and if this will eventually damage the engine?

thanks!
    This could be nothing more than excess oil dripping off the undercarriage (if they weren't too careful when they unscrewed the filter) or perhaps they stripped the oil pan plug. How much oil is leaking? A few drops or ??? You could put a pan under the engine to see how much leaks overnight, and where it's coming from.

You can easily tell if oil was over-added by checking the oil level via the dipstick. If you've never done that before, there are instructions in your owner's manual--it's very easy to do.
  • pipipipi Member Posts: 4
    backy,

thank you for you reply. The leaking is not that serious, only about a few drops. Definitly I will let a Honda dealer take a look tomorrow. Hopefully they didn't strip the oil pan plug as you mentioned.
  • stayingcoolstayingcool Member Posts: 1
    Have a '94 Civic LX. Does anyone know if it's possible to install an air conditioner in it and how much does it cost in Seattle area?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If you can find one in stock, which I doubt, it would be about 1500.00 installed.

On a eleven year old car, it's not worth it.
  • dteskadteska Member Posts: 12
    I'm trying to decide between purchasing a Civic EX sedan or a Mazda3i sedan. I liked the Mazda except the ride was a little rough in city driving, and I am a little concerned about Mazda's build quality and durability compared to Honda.

Yesterday, I took a test drive in a 2005 Civic EX sedan, and was a little surprised by the amount of exhaust noise during moderate acceleration. Is this typical of Civics, or should I test drive a different one? Otherwise, I liked the car's quiet ride, handling and overall feel. The only other complaint I had was the tinny sounding stereo which would have to go.
  • njdevilnjdevil Member Posts: 19
    we have a 1991 mazda MX-6 with 250,000 miles on it It still has the original clutch and turbo and runs great. we also have a 2005 honda civic ex se sedan with 5 speed. we trade our 2003 hyundai elantra gt for it . BIG MISTAKE. we should have kept the hyundai, a much better riding car with more to it at a lower price. I guess we listened to all the good reports about the honda that we decided to get one.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    ...we also have a 2005 honda civic ex se sedan with 5 speed. we trade our 2003 hyundai elantra gt for it . BIG MISTAKE. we should have kept the hyundai, a much better riding car with more to it at a lower price. I guess we listened to all the good reports about the honda that we decided to get one.

Should have test driven the Civic before plunging in. Honda is not for everyone. Some people like the way Hondas drive, some don't. We all have choices. Test drive is for you to make sure you are buying the right car for you. No magazine, or review is going to me right for 100% of the population.

If you liked Hyundai so much, why were you looking at Civics, or new cars in the first place? Obviously you didn't like something about it. Trading in a 2 year old Korean import has probably hit you in the pocket book as well. They don't hold up their values as well as Japanese imports. But, what's done is done. You could always try and get a Hyundai dealer to take the Civic off your hands, but you would have to take another depriciation hit. Even though Hondas hold their values better than Korean, trading in a 6 months old car if not a very good financial decision.
  • njdevilnjdevil Member Posts: 19
    we did test drive the civic for a week. we thought we would like it. the hyundai had 55,000 miles on it which isn;t that much but when we bought the car honda and hyundai were at the same dealership. They built a new dealership next to it for honda and all the excellant people that worked in the service department went to honda. we plan to keep the civic and use it for short trips. we put over 12,000 miles on it in less than 5 months. we also have the extended warranty.
  • leonidas10468leonidas10468 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, it seems to me that the previous owner or the last mechanic forgot to put back the "Mud Shield." Check your Civic again and you should find an "Splash shield" protecting the transmision from loose rocks, gravel and things like that.
    The whole set of mud and splash shield can be obtained online sheaper than the dealer . I will suggest you buy the manintance manual for your car, it will save you a lot of questions and money.
  • leonidas10468leonidas10468 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, you picked the wrong season to start looking for a new AC unit. First check your car and find out if you need the whole AC system. If that is the case, you are better off getting another car because it will cost you over $1,000. Second, if you just need the compresor, or any other part, go online and try to get it new, not rebuilt and, last but not least get an stimate from an Auto AC certified Tech. before you invest your money.
    AC parts are cheaper in winter than summer, try to get them from Canada.

Good luck
  • keycardkeycard Member Posts: 26
    Question: According to the Manual (Normal driving)--oil change is suggested every 10K---I've been doing that on my BMW for over 4 years now (120K) , but with Synthetic all the time...

I know that Oil Changes are a personal perference, but any basic guidelines?

Thanks in advance.
    KC
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Question: According to the Manual (Normal driving)--oil change is suggested every 10K---I've been doing that on my BMW for over 4 years now (120K) , but with Synthetic all the time...

I know that Oil Changes are a personal perference, but any basic guidelines?

Thanks in advance.
    KC

It also states that if you drive less than 5 miles, drive in temps bellow 32°F, or above 90°F, or in stop and go then you should follow SEVERE schedule. So, yes, if you don't do any of the exceptions, you should be fine doing 10K intervals with dino oil. I do 0W-20 Mobil 1 at 5000 intervals with Honda OEM filter. Manual also says to replace the filter at every other oil change, but I replace it every time I drain oil. Don't forget to get the crush washer, YOU CAN NOT RE-USE THE OLD ONE!!!!
  • chidorochidoro Member Posts: 125
    The guideline should be your manual. My '98 civic recommends 7,500 normal or 3,750 severe. Due to the age and mileage of my car (7 1/2 years and 134.5k), having semi-severe driving conditions, and my general aversion to risk, i usually do my changes at about every 4k or 3 months, whichever I hit first.

The newer engines have 10k normal and 5k severe intervals so you should be fine with 10k if your driving follows the guidelines listed as normal.
  • keycardkeycard Member Posts: 26
    THanks for the quick replie---I don't have the expereience or the thirst to learn about doing my own oil changes. But it seems that I'll just go get one every 7500miles since I drive around 8 miles each way and not much stop and go..

Thanks again for all your help..

KC
  • samnassamnas Member Posts: 5
    I was planning to buy the 2005 Honda Civic Sedan 4 door. I guess they're making a few good prices now as the new 2006 Honda Civic is coming soon.

However I just saw the new pics of the 2006 Honda Civic and it seems very updated, different, etc. It looks as a totally new car.

My question, does anyone have an idea on how much a new 2006 Honda Civic Sedan will cost???? should I wait, or will I be paying a lot more? Please give me advice. It seems as if I buy the 2005 Honda Civic, it will almost look "ancient" compared to this new generation 2006 model. HOWEVER, there's also the prices, so I was wondering if the 2006 models will much more expensive, or will it be about the same/

Thanks for any help!
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    WAIT.

It will be here in a month in a half.

The car is TOTALLY new with features added that the Civic has never had before.

We don't know pricing yet, but WAIT...at least then even if you don't like the new Civic you can get an even better deal on a leftover 05.
  • samnassamnas Member Posts: 5
    But the Honda dealers that I spoke with told me that I should hurry with the Honda Civic 2005 because it's getting extremely hard for them to find them, they have become rare. That's why I'm scared to wait. If the 2006 model ends up being too expensive, maybe it will be too late to find the 2005 Honda that I want (particular color, etc.) they're ALREADY telling me that it's hard NOW. Are they lying?

I would be stunned if they keep the new 2006 Honda Civic the same price, but I guess time will tell.
  • civicex05civicex05 Member Posts: 42
    If the 2006 model ends up being too expensive, maybe it will be too late to find the 2005 Honda that I want (particular color, etc.) they're ALREADY telling me that it's hard NOW. Are they lying?

The dealer is right in saying that it will be increasingly difficult to find the exact model and color you want. However, if you are not too picky about the color, you can probably save up to $2,500 by getting a 2005 model. I just bought a 2005 EX sedan for $16,274 + TTL (the MSRP is $18,825). You will most likely not be able to get a 2006 Civic for less than MSRP for at least the first six months. My guess is that there will be a "modest" price increase for the 2006 models.

It was an easy decision for me to buy now because my wife and I were down to only one car and we needed one right away. By the way, we are thrilled with our new '05 Civic EX. However if I had the luxury of time, I would have probably waited and bought an '06 model. It's up to you!
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    I seem to recall hearing that the prices will be about the same to a modest increase. But, as noted above, you won't get the deals you can now. SO even if MSRP only goes up $500, you might pay $2,500 -3,000 more "real world" to get an early '06.

There is also the worry that you would be beta testing for any bugs. Up to you to decide how important that is.

Flip side, it is supposed to be bigger, and should be a nice improvment in functionality and features. And if style and not looking outdated are important to you, it might be worth the extra money.

lastly, dealers always want you to think that if you don't buy RIGHT NOW yo umay never find a car, since their primary goal is to get you into a car on the lot and out the door that day. Even if they know the new model is going to be great and cost less, and that there a piles of '05s at the port, they aren't likely to tell you!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• likeitornotlikeitornot Member Posts: 42
    Would you suggest the 2005 Honda Civic Sedan for a new driver/first car rather than the Civic coupe? Is the visibility that much better or different with the sedan?

I've already test drove a 2005 Civic Couple. And I'm not even sure I liked it. I didn't get to test drive it long, it started down pouring and it made me uncomfortable so I headed back after about 15 minutes. One thing that bothered me about it was it seemed kind of big compared to the Sedan. I like smallish cars but prefer 2 doors for some reason. Guess I need to test drive both again, but wanted some opinions first.
  • egorickegorick Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I have Honda Civic 92 EX. Recently, my stereo got stolen, and as a result, my dashboard lights stopped working, and my clock shows the same time (1:00) whenever I start my car.
    Can somebody please help?
    Thank you.
  • newcarjanenewcarjane Member Posts: 2
    Hi All! I loved the civics I saw today. But I am confused about pricing and car buying in general. How do I find out what the dealer paid for a car? Why do they promote cars with manual transmissions in their ads? Thanks for any help or advice, Jane
  • freewillyfreewilly Member Posts: 8
    Does any one know how much it cost to etch vin number on the window glasses?

Someone told me that local police staion do it for free.. any ideas?

Thanks..
  • freewillyfreewilly Member Posts: 8
    Found this:
    http://www.10nbc.com/news.asp?template=item&story_id=15264

Called local police station but they had no idea..
    You might want to check out the Honda Civic Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion for more help on this kind of question. As for why dealers promote cars with manual transmissions in their ads, it's because they cost less than cars with automatics and are not generally as popular, thus they can offer a low-ball price on the stick shift cars. Then when you go into the dealership you find out that the automatic shift cars (which most people buy) cost considerably more. This is not just for Civics, it's done for other makes too.
  • samsvocsamsvoc Member Posts: 10
    I paid $29.99USD from this very reliable web site. All the material arrived within two weeks and the install was very easy. http://www.vinguard.org/index.htm