Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• agnercagnerc Member Posts: 4
    I have been researching on Edmunds for an 06 Sienna and this is the best place I have ever seen to research a vehicle. I have just started reading the discussion boards and I am getting quite confused when I hear of all the ways to purchase a vehicle. I really do not understand how all this works and I would like to get a bit more clarification if possible. I also hear of people not even going into the Dealership and handling everything over the internet and getting good deals, is this true? What I am looking for is the LE 7 passenger and basically the only option my wife is looking for is leather.

Can someone please help me understand where to start, to start getting the best deal possible?

I live in Houston and there are sooo many dealerships around here.

Thanks, Chris :confuse:
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Send emails to 10-20 Toyota stores asking for their best price on the model (with desired options) you seek. Not all will respond but you should get enough replies to get a good read on your local market.

With the internet there's no need to ever set foot on a store's lot if you don't want/need to. They'll even deliver it to your driveway and handle the financing in you dining room if you so desire.
    Wow, I tell ya, things have so changed in the way you can deal with a dealership since the last time I bought a car.

Chris
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I don't think Toyota sells Sienna LEs with factory leather- you have to upgrade to the XLE to get it.

Sorry to break the news to you.
    Understand, I just got one reply back from a dealership here in Houston on an LE for 26,400, seems a bit high. I asked to have leather installed and that was it. From the prices I have seen others talk about, this price is a bit higher in houston i guess.

Chris :(
  • celtic4celtic4 Member Posts: 1
    There is no dealing with Toyota and I expect this. The problem with that advertised special is that the CE trim package is a come on the dealers do not actually have one per say. The one and thats one on the the lot is usually white that will be sold as a fleet car or is the vehicle they use as their courtesy car. They may get one a month in if that. I've contacted Toyota by phone and e-mail and discussed my problems needless to say they have not got back to me. And if you have an American trade in they will only give you less then half the blue book. The ploy is to get you to buy the loaded versions and if you cant afford the monthly payment they suck you into the lease. The plus side for Honda is all they carry is the loaded Odyssey but they dont advertise the lower priced version to get you in there.$30,000 plus for a van Id go with a VOLVO if I could afford that.">
  • corcloughcorclough Member Posts: 4
    I've recently purchased a new sienna and here are the details. I'm in the Philadelphia area and purchased a light blue 7 passenger CE with Option 1(roof rack and cruise). The sticker was 24,914. My negotiated price was $21,200 and added 7% sales tax ($1484) and registration and tags for 196 and I was out the door for $22,880.
    I don't have specific prices on hand, but $26,400 sounds a little high, depending on the option package.

Which package does this LE specifically have? Many dealers in my area are advertising $4000 off of MSRP on all new 2006 Siennas, which equates to about invoice price I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
  • dma3dma3 Member Posts: 3
    We are thinking to buy sienna LE or Odyssey LX. We get an offer that
    $22,500 (include $750 rebate) + tax + doc fee for Sienna LE + pkg #2.

Is it a good deal? We live in LA.

Any comment is welcome. Thank you in advance!
  • kyunyookyunyoo Member Posts: 10
    Wow! that is the deal that I am looking for.
    Which dealer in Philadelphia?

And, if anyone can recommend dealers in Michigan/Ohio/Indiana area, where I can get the similar deal (which are relatively close to my location, Southeast Michigan), it will be great!

My target referrence point is Fitzmall price (+ 500).
    Currently Fitmall advertising CE + Option#1 at around 21.7k. With tax it will be very close to what corclough got in Philly dealer.

Obviously, if I can get the similar deal in MI/OH/IN area, I do not need to drive for 9~10 X 2 hours to Fitmall or Philly....

Thank you for your help in advance.
    I got it at Champion toyota in the northeast section of the city. I believe their part of Sloane Auto group, which has a number of dealers throughout the area. Actually, Team Toyota of Langhorne PA came back the next day at 22,700 out the door, which working backwards to the base price would have been $21,031, and they had three colors available. However, I had told Champion prior that if they could get under 23K out the door I'd buy it, so I did. Also, I financed through my credit union (4.99 for 60mos), so these prices are inclusive of the $750 rebate.
    Thanks Corclough

By the way, you know what?

I used to live in Philly area and the Champion Toyota and Sloane Toyota were there even back in 1997.
    My buddies and family members often got a good deal from Champion Toyota even back in 1990's. I personally got my Toyota from Sloane Toyota back in 1997.

My experience with Sloane Toyota was not really good. I actually regretted quite a lot working with them even though I made final tranjaction with them for my car. It sounded like Sloane Toyota kept growing in terms of business, I hope their service has improved also.

As far as I know, Champion Toyota was reasonable 10 years ago, and it seems they are still doing ok even now.

Now, I have more option,

1. Fitzmall
    2. Stop by my family in Philly for vacation and may get a car from Champion Toyota...
    will see....
  • minstrelminstrel Member Posts: 2
    Ron Carter Toyota in Alvin.
    Just got the initial quote from one of local dealer (still 30~40miles away) on 06 CE + Option pack 1, which is basically base model.

The quote was roughtly 23.7 k including all tax and doc fees.
    However, he said, it is "AFTER $650 Toyota Rebate" which implies that I have to pay the dealer 23.7+650 = 24.4k upfront.

Then, it does NOT seem that attractive deal considering other people getting the 06 CE at 22.5k OTD in other states (2k differences wow!)

How does manufacturer rebate work?
    I don't really want to wait for "mailing" of manufacturers rebate check. Can dealer take the rebate and lower OTD price?

Also, anyone found a good deal in MI/OH/IN area on 06 CE (close to 22.5k OTD)?
    This is the way I understand it. You have an either/or proposition. EITHER use the Toyota financing (in my area - 3.9% for 48mos or 4.9% for 60mos)OR take the $750 rebate (again, in my area) This is not like a rebate for electronics where you pay the full price and send off some paperwork and wait 3 months for your rebate. The dealer will discount this directly IF you can pay cash or finance through a third party. I'm sure there's somewhere on this site where you can do a comparison, i.e. If I get financing at 6% somewhere else is it cheaper to get the rebate or the Toyota financing (over the life of the loan)? I actually made my deal with the Toyota financing first, and then followed up with my credit union. For me, I could get financing through a third party that equaled Toyota's rate, so obviously, it made sense to get the rebate. I called the guy back and $750 came off the price (prior to taxes). That being said, it would help if you could provide the base selling price as opposed to the OTD pricing, as taxes and registration fees vary from state to state.
    Per my prior vehicle purchasing experience (including helping on other's purchase), dealing on "base pricing" has been most of the time "headache".

That is because I had to deal first on the base price, then, doc fee, then whatever interesting fees (advertisement fee) etc... then, finally loan if not paying in cash upfront...

Most of the time, it took a whole day (morning and night), at the last minute dealing on a loan rate, ended up getting outrageous rate....

Then, for the past years, getting the $$ from other source (through other bank, credit union etc) and dealing on the OTD price, it ended up much simpler and most of all, can really enjoy the new car...

Anyway... I will seek for better deal from other local dealers... If can NOT knock off another 1~2k from the current deal, so what, I can always drive down to Fitzmall...

anyone can find a better quote from MI/OH/IN area? it will be greatly helpful for me though....

Thank you
    I shopped for a Sienna in late '04 across Ohio and best quoted prices I received were from stores in the Cincinnati area. As I recall, the best quotes were from Kings (?) and the store on Colerain Ave.
    My friend bought a Sienna in May 2003 and she got the best deal from Hatsfield Toyota (I think that's their name) in Columbus. The second best offer came from King's and the third best offer came from Performance Toyota I believe.
  • woody8822woody8822 Member Posts: 3
    In Minneapolis:

I bought my van February 25 and like many others, feel I indebted to this forum for the knowledge I gained.

2006 LE #4

Retail: $28,424 (had to get one of the "fresh" ones with the $150 increase to get red and #4.

Paid: $25478.75 - $750 rebate = $24,728

Add:
    Classic soft trim leather and heated seats $1679
    MN License $365.75
    MN Sales tax $1716.50

Out the door total $28540 - paid cash

The leather and heated retailed for $2100 so that is what I sealed this deal as others didn't budge much in that area. In MN, XLE #5 is not available so to me the #6 with JVC, a sunroof, foglights and more robo doors where nice but not worth $4500.

Bought from Rudy Luther's which was a 95% good experience. Sale Manager coaxed me to leave another dealer with an aggressive last pitch. When arriving and doing the paperwork, of course the "oh that price didn't include the heated seats - just leather" happen to wreck the good feeling I was having though all along it was always both leather and heated. So we split the difference which I still see as costing me $200 more than it was supposed to. Otherwise, all other employees at Luther were great. Nail EVERY detail of your transaction down and you will not get beat at this part of the game like I did.

How beat was I though really? This thing is far superior to the XLT AWD Explorer I paid $2000 more for in late 1998 (7.5 years ago). Thanks all.
  • pzoupzou Member Posts: 4
    here is the basics i paid in a Chicago area dealer.
    MSRP 24975
    negotiated price: 21800
    + Tax 1472
    + Title/Document 160
    - 750 rebate 750
    - 400 college reba 400
    = OTD ~22300
    not sure if it is the best but some info for your benchmark.
    pzou

I think your deal is the best one that I have found so far.
    Which dealer in Chicago?
    Chicogo is relatively closer to my location (SE Michigan) than Fitzmall.

By the way, do they give college reba to everyone?
    (I graduated college like 9 years ago....^^;)
    Maybe it's just me but I've never had any luck dealing with any of the Toyota stores here in my hometown of Columbus. Hatfield owns Toyota West. A co-worker had a good experience at Germain (on a RAV4) about a year ago.
  • pzoupzou Member Posts: 4
    Elmhurst Toyota
    i don't know if you still applicable for College $400. but without that, it is a little under $22700.
    Thanks Pzou

Let me try that dealer...
    I received a few several dealer quotes from local dealer (SE MI)...
    None of them better than 24k OTD (1.3k differences).

Would I drive half/whole day for 1.3k? YES I WILL!!!!
  • pnathanpnathan Member Posts: 1
    2006 Toyota Sienna with Package #6 (BX)
    NO Floor mats
    Difficult car to find with Color (Salsa Red) and package that we wanted. We wound up using a broker to locate the vehicle. We could only get it out of Northern California. Prices are higher in the North but the Toyota rebate is 1000 instead of 750. We wound up paying 240 more than Southern California after the rebate, but we got the car we wanted. You could EITHER take the rebate or use the special financing, not both. :)

31,035 MSRP
    27,356 Selling price
    45 Documentation fee
    2,260.58 Taxes 8.25% Los Angeles county
    240 license fee for 1st year
    8.75 California Tire recyling fee
    29,910.33 Total
    - 1,000 Toyota Rebate Northern California
    28,910.33 Grand Total
  • hhahha Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know what changes will be in the 07 Sienna? I hope Toyota will put the Smart Access system (the one that let you open/lock door, start/stop engine without touching your car key) in the 07 Sienna, but that may be just wishful thinking.
  • sienna06sienna06 Member Posts: 10
    Don't waste your time to shop around in Houston unless you want to pay a bit higher. In my opinion, CE#1 at 23 to 23.5k and LE add @1200-1500 more is a good deal in Houston.

ABOVE PRICE SHOULD BE READ AS OTD PRICE.

If possible, buy it outside of houston or even outside of TEXAS and drive home to get a better deal. Good luck.

Texas - everything is giant from product to prices to taxes to anything. Don't expect cheaper in Lone Star State.
  • pdadipdadi Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I got a quote of $21990 after $1000 rebate for Sienna LE with package #1 and CF. Taxes + lic extra.

I shopped around and by far this is the best I got.

What do you guys think can I go for this?

MSRP: $26589
    Dealer invoive: $24400
    Selling Price: $22900
    Rebate: -$1000

Final quote: $21990.
    The price sounds too good to be true - as though it was a quote on a CE model.

If it's for real, grab it.
    Yes it is .One dealer had a mistake in the advertisement and other dealer beat it by 100 dollars. I went to dealer but unfortunately they don't have the color I am looking for.

I will go with second choice color.
    How important is VSC+traction control in CA(bay area weather)?

On LE with package# it don't have VSC+traction control
  • vp30vp30 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I just bought a 2006 Sienna Limited with option three(3) package in Florida. It included Toyo Guard($699) and mats($240). I had them include the rear spoiler which will be added at the dealer. The color is Artic Frost which is an additional cost. The MSRP without the spoiler was $42,371. I am guessing with the spoiler it comes to $42,771.

My price came to $35,900.(The dealers retained $1000 rebate).
    Add fees, tax, tag and title to this. I purchased the extended warranty for an additional $1500.

Was the warranty worth it? It is supplied from Fidelity Warranty Services. Is this company reputabale?

How was the price for the Sienna compared to what others have paid?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    $1000 rebate? Hmm... That sounds like a good price for a loaded Limited. Below TMV actually I believe.
    Great price on the van - very bad deal on the warranty. I don't have anything against this particular warranty company but it's nothing more a third party insurance plan - it's not unusual to have major problems when making a claim and/or coverage will be less than ideal.

See if you can cancel. If you want an EW, buy Toyota's.
  • vp30vp30 Member Posts: 3
    I didn't specify the warranty...
    The warranty is 7year/100K miles $0 deductible and is the platinum version which is their highest form of coverage. When I purchased the warranty at the dealer, I thought it was a Toyota warranty but later I learned it was thrid party.

Does Toyota have an extended warranty?

Thanks,
  • tagitstagits Member Posts: 9
    We are looking to buy another minivan. We have an 03 Sienna, but with all the problems it had (radiator, fuel leak, seatbelts, etc), we thought we should consider the Honda Odyssey. However, on that forum, there seem to be many unhappy people with humming/vibration noises and poor dealer response to that.

So, now we are in a quandary. Sienna or Odyssey? I am wondering how many of your new Sienna owners decided against the Odyssey for the noises or other problems? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi tagits,
    We have a discussion dedicated to this topic:
    Honda Odyssey vs Toyota Sienna

Since this discussion is about pricing, you'll find a lot more information and get more feedback by joining the discussion linked above.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blitzpbblitzpb Member Posts: 1
    I am checking prices through costco.com. Has anyone purchased through costco and how did your price compare to tmv or invoice?
  • guirgiguirgi Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to the car-buying experience, and after looking through these wonderful forums, I have a question. I am on the verge of buying an '06 Sienna Limited w/ package #3 in Arkansas. MSRP is $43,037. The dealer is only coming off $2k from MSRP. Looking at other buyer's experiences, this deosn't look like a good deal at all.

Do these prices vary that greatly among regions? I had assumed that the high price was due to the relatively low supply of the package 3 limited Siennas, but maybe I'm just getting a bad deal. Any thoughts would be helpful.
    Yes I think prices vary widely from region to region. It's simple supply and demand. I have a feeling Arkansas and Tennessee have far fewer loaded Limiteds with Pkg 3 than states like Illinois, New York, Maryland, and even Georgia because states like Arkansas and Tennessee have fewer people interested in Limited model Siennas.

I would be willing to travel farther away from Arkansas to get a good price. Try Memphis, the Nashville region, or even Atlanta.
  • sienna6sienna6 Member Posts: 2
    Pdadi
    Could you please tell me what dealer you went to?
    That sounds a good deal to me. I am looking for a sienna too.
    Thanks
    It is Toyota Sunnyvale. PM me if you want more details.
  • mcelbobmcelbob Member Posts: 2
    Just completed a purchase of a 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE.
    The car:
    Toyota Sienna XLE (FWD) 7 passenger
    Option package #8 (DVD, Navigation, etc)
    Option CF: "Floor Mats"

Price paid: $36,434.10 (Out the door)
    Price break down:
    $34,238 (Car with options)
    $45.00 (doc prep fee)
    $2828.35 (8.25% sales tax, Santa Clara Co)
    $28 (DMV electronic filing fee)
    $286 (Licence fee to DMV for title)
    $8.75 (California Tire Fee)
    -$1000.00 (Toyota Rebate)
    Totals to $36,434.10

I appreciate the help this site offered on prices that others were paying, and wanted to give feedback on my experience.

The Dealership I used was Piercey Toyota in San Jose CA.
    $34,238 sounds like a very good price pre-tax.

Did you finance it or pay cash?
    And what kind of floormats did you get? The all weather ones?
  • mcelbobmcelbob Member Posts: 2
    I just got the standard floor mats (option CF). I'll buy the all weather ones from an after market dealer. I paid cash for the car. I could have gotten any color at that price except for Artic Frost Pearl. Artic Frost Pearl would have cost an additional $200. I negotiated with 10 local dealers on the internet to get the best price. It was a fairly painless process. I negotiated (OTD) price to ensure the dealer didn't try to slip in any last minutes "extra" charges.
  • sirarniesirarnie Member Posts: 11
    That's a great deal. I got a quote from Toyota Sunnyvale for 21,688 for a base model 20006 Sienna LE (no options...not even floormats). Pdadi, can you email me the details? I've been looking for a Sienna for 2 weeks now and that's the best deal I've seen so far. Thank you.
    I thought floormats came standard in higher end Siennas. I never knew they were optional...
  • drpooldrpool Member Posts: 11
    Hi Pdadi,

Can you please let me know the salesperson name and when did you buy it. Sienna LE with package # 1 means you got a 8 seater with the AM package if I am correct.

Thanks,
    K
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi K, That was month end thats why they gave me that price. One of my friend yesterday didn't get it for that price and he paid $22220. This is AM package with 7 seaters only not 8 seater one.