Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Maxima

Comments

• toddmichtoddmich Member Posts: 8
    Just an FYI-We have been looking for a Maxima (actually the exact one that you bought in the Merlot) and we were given the exact invoice price you were given and were told they could sell it to us for $24,100 with the $500 incentive that expired April 2nd. Unfortunely, we are not quite ready to buy since my husband's lease is not up for a couple of months on his Honda Accord. I hope we have luck finding the Merlot...not many of them around in the Ohio area!
  • jcw915jcw915 Member Posts: 31
    My advice for any maxima buyers: don't get the pearl colors. It is such a pain in the ... I have a 01 icelandic pearl, bought 5 months ago with 4200 miles, and I got in a 3 car pile up a month ago. This dick rear ended me, going 10 mph, causing me to slam into the car infront of me probably going no faster than 5 mph. The car I hit was a jeep grand cherokee, and the car that hit me was a chevy suburban, YES, A SUBURBAN! GRRRR NONE OF THE CARS HAVE DAMAGES. my rear bumper became crocked, and somehow the tail lights got broken, and the front is even worse, my hood is about 40% crumbled, and the plastic headlights cracked. My car was stopped when that guy hit me! Either the maxima has very poor bumpers in the front and rear end, or that jeep was a freakin cement wall.
    When I went to the body shop, the total damage was 4500. Labor was like 3/4th of it. What's even worse was that when I got a brand new hood, the dealer can't even PAINT CORRECTLY. The "pearl white" for my hood is 2 times BRIGHTER then the factory paint. UGH! it goes the same for my bumper! My advice: don't get metallic nor pearl colors...they may be pretty but their a pain. Right now my car is STILL sitting at the dealer and it's been 3 weeks.
    blahh i want a hummer so i can go around bumping into people. muhahahahaha.
    by the way, piaa are very nice and VERY BRIGHT light bulbs, i got them for my max, anyone wanting to get them, get the H4 Super Bright bulbs. they work very very well.
    well i'll be missing my max for a long time cause the dealer said that it will take at least 1 more month. GRRRRRRR!!! by the way, is there anyway to have heated side view mirrors for the max? I didn't get that and i was wondering if there's a way to get it! anyone?
    Thanks!
    Jerry
  • george2kmaxgeorge2kmax Member Posts: 94
    Back in October I was looking into trading in my 2000 Maxima for a 2001 AE Maxima. Every dealership that I went to said the same thing that they do not use Kelley Blue book to estimate your trade value. They all were using a different agency, something starting with a G but I forgot the name. I brought the kelly blue book print out with me but their quotes were a few thousands less.

George
  • iluvmaxiluvmax Member Posts: 33
    Sorry to hear about your accident hope you are ok.
    I own a 2000 Aspen White Pearl Glow Pathfinder bought in Jan of 2000 (13400 miles on it now) and a Sunlit Sand 2000 Max gle bought in July 99 (35000) miles on it now) both of these vehicles are metallic and I have not had any paint problems with either vehicle. If fact I always buy metallic light colors because they never show scratches or the horrible paint swirls you see on many non-metallic dark colored cars. Both have been through automatic car washes every Saturday and have only been waxed 4 times!

I had a 96 max that was artic white metallic and I was in a 50 mile an hour almost head on crash (14000.00 in damage to the car. I did not have a scratch) The Body shop was Jim Boggs in Westville NJ they matched the paint perfectly. If you not happy with the paint job make them redo it. Mine was a perfect match yours should have been too!!
  • lsflsf Member Posts: 98
    Maybe you've already done this, but make sure you're comparing wholesale to wholesale or retail to retail. If you expect to buy a car at invoice, you'll have to trade yours at the wholesale bluebook which will be $2,000-$3,000 lower than retail. Remember, these guys have to make money too!
  • jdimottajdimotta Member Posts: 55
    Anybody know if you can program or change turning on the foglights WITHOUT turing on your headlights??...Thanks...Joe D.
  • maxhuntmaxhunt Member Posts: 8
    First, thanks ebmaxse for the info on Koito. Now all I have to do is find out where to get them.

66falcon - I traded in my 98 Avalon XLS (loaded, 17k miles, & in mint condition) for a Maxima in Feb. I was able to get the Max at around invoice, but I didn't get much for the Avalon. The Avalon is a speciality luxury car, so it supposedly is not in great demand. The dealer gave me $18k for it. If I was patient and sold it myself, I'm sure that I could've sold it for $20k. Maybe you should try to sell it yourself.
  • norbert444norbert444 Member Posts: 195
    Thanks, your advice is appreciated, as always.
    Yes, it is the "3" button that also reads "Program" or "Prog". On the first push, it displays "1", second push displays "Random" and the third displays "All Random" which is an all-disk shuffle that plays a random track from a disk, then a random track from a different disk. It changes disk after every tune, which gives me a pleasant change of artist after every tune. Great party shuffle!!
    You cannot turn on foglights without headlights. In order to do that, you would have to rewire your switches. That, however, would make your car illegal, according to past posts.
    I have had several paint jobs done in LA area. The body shop I "work with" does it right, but not always on the first try.

It should be easy for a body shop to do a perfect paint match on a new car. Older car match is more challenging since they have to match paint that has a certain amount of "weathering" to it. But - that can be done too, according to these folks.
    Just my 2c. Good luck.
  • gnlgnl Member Posts: 94
    Just a thought, but you might want to try a Toyota dealer and see what they would give you to buy your Avalon. Someone wanting to buy an Avalon is more likely to go to a Toyota dealer, so they would have a higher demand than a Nissan dealer, presumably. Might be worth a try.

If I were you I'd still try to sell it privately, though.
  • 66falcon66falcon Member Posts: 17
    I'm the guy from post 1648 that can't unload my 98 Avalon on the local Nissan dealers. I just wanted to make it clear that the 17,900 and 17,200 were Edmund's and Kelley's Tradein figures, not retail figures. My Avalon really is in perfect condition, and I was shocked by the situation with the guy who had to take 18,000 for his 98 Avalon with only 17,000 on it. I just don't get it.... I want to thank all you guys who have responded to my post and would greatly appreciate any other advice I might get.

Is it reasonable in today's market to trade a 98 Avalon for a Maxima(invoicing at 26,000) for 11,000?.......Many thanks!
  • roninjoutenroninjouten Member Posts: 201
    First...try getting an internet quoted price on the exact Maxima you want...e-mail every Nissan dealer within a 100 mile radius. You should get a spectacular offer - also try Autobytel (hit and miss...some have experience 100 over invoice and others get jacked).

If you still don't get a good price on your Maxima...which should be below invoice given the car's rebate and holdback...then try it in person. REFUSE to play 4 square with the dealership. Tell them no trade in and you just want the solid price. Do NOT let them force you into the 4 square. Get a firm price. If the salesguy isn't working after the 2nd trip to the "manager"...then demand to speak directly to him. If he says no, get up to leave. They'll get him. Establish the final price on the Maxima. Insist on it.

Once you have the final price, spring the Avalon on them. Don't accept less than what you think is fair.

But most importantly, do NOT tell them you're trading in and do not tell the "the payments you want to make" or your downpayment. Establish the price.
  • gotjeepgotjeep Member Posts: 2
    Going to be dumping the boring Camry and buying a Max in a couple of months the thing is, I've never had leather seats. They feel realllly nice but I'm worried about the hot weather since I'm moving back to Florida. Obviously the black would be a little bit hotter-but in general should I go for it? Thanks!
  • phkckphkck Member Posts: 185
    Have a 00' GLE. Sterling mist with the lighter interior. Has been a great car, one of the few I have no regrets about buying.
    The leather was fine last summer in KCK 98 degrees with high humidity. Did get the windows tinted and helped with both the look and keeping cool.
    Just my 2Cents
  • jcw915jcw915 Member Posts: 31
    Hey, it's me again!

the guy that's painting my car says that he can't get the pearl white to match 100% with my car's factory paint color..is he full of it? He buffed the side of my car making it "blend in" with the SUPER WHITE hood that he painted. I told him that this is unacceptable, and he said that that's how everyone does it. So if you look at the car from the side, the top looks looks lighter then the bottom part...So right now half of my car is brigher then the other half. lol I got so pissed at him, i started to yell at him, saying "I WANT MY DAMN BUMPERS AND MY HOOD BACK"... he was saying "i can't take those because their bad..." Don't I have the right to request my original parts back? He said that I didn't have the right to take it back and he wouldn't allow me to take it back.. Was he right? Cause too bad, i busted into the back lot and grabbed the hood and bumpers and threw it onto my pick up...
    He gave me a different story when I told him i want my money back or repaint it today, and he said that he wouldn't repaint the entire thing. And now he's saying that if I get it painted somewhere else and it matches 100%, he will only then, refund my money. Should I take the chance? It will cost about 2000 for someone else to repaint the hood and bumper. What are the chances of getting it to match 100% with my factory paint....i mean is it possible? The place where i want to take it to is in the top 50 body shops in the u.s. dated in 1998..should i trust them?

feedbacks PLEASE!

jerry
  • lakleinlaklein Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased the 2001 se 5 speed. I'm getting alot of noise from the console when extended .Am I alone, and if not is there a fix? Thank you
    There's a forum called "Nissan questions" or something like that on these boards. A Nissan salesguy named cncman often answers questions. You might try asking there.

FWIW, I believe I've read that the diamond pearl color IS in fact very difficult to match. Can't remember the technical reason.
  • berbelberbel Member Posts: 167
    Hey blh:

The check engine light can come on for any number
    of reasons. One of the most common is a problem w/
    the emissions control system (ECS in technician
    lingo) I suggest that you ask your service dept.
    to connect your onboard computer up to their
    computer to determine if any "trouble codes" appear. At that point they can attend to the problem and clear out the codes. ECS problems are
    common and can result from even a simple thing like
    not screwing on your gas cap tight enough.

Good luck/berbel
  • kyleknickskyleknicks Member Posts: 433
    read the last few sentences about the maxima..

Nissan
    Come August, a new Xterra will roll into view. The 2002 Nissan Xterra SUV will sport a restyled front end, a revised interior and an optional Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system. But the most impressive new feature will be the optional supercharged V6 engine that pushes power to 210 and torque to 246 lb-ft. This will mark the first time an automaker offers a supercharged V6 in the compact-sport-utility class. Also due in August is the long bed version of Nissan's Frontier Crew Cab. The 2002 Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed will be the first compact truck to offer a full-size bed measuring 74.6 inches long. The new truck will be offered in all trim levels, raising Nissan's Frontier offerings to 19 configurations. Other improvements for the Frontier lineup include a redesigned instrument panel and console, and an optional 400-watt Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system. Nissan's 2002 Maxima arrives in August with its most horsepower ever. The flagship sedan is modestly restyled and gets more than 250 horsepower from its 6-cylinder engine.
  • jdimottajdimotta Member Posts: 55
    Checked the gas mileage of my new Max...I was amazed..24 mpg...COMBIND city/hgwy...and that was being no slouch on the highway at 70mph....still breaking it in..
    I did notice alot of dirt built up inside the gas cap cover...guess I'll have to wash in there too...
    NORBERT444: I've noticed alot of domestic cars out there where they have foglights on but no headlights...Is that illegal too?
    GALVES Handbook..is what the used car boys use for appraisals...Joe D
    According to many posts I have read before, the law says that the fog lights can not be turned on without the head lights. That's why the manufacturers build the wiring that way.

If you notice many cars on the road in violation, it could mean that some were grandfathered that way before the law went into effect (my speculation, of course). Or people have modified their lawfully built cars and the police doesn't enforce the law, or whatever.
  • maxhuntmaxhunt Member Posts: 8
    Over 20 years ago, you were only allowed to turn on the fog lights when the low beams are on (and I guess that that law hasn't changed). Also back then, halogen lights were illegal. But, because I couldn't see at night, I put halogens in all four lights (VW Scirocco), plus I put halogen fog lights under the front bumper. One night, while I was driving with ALL lights on, a state trooper pulled me over. He said that I blinded him, and that I needed to wire the fog lights so that they could only be turned on when the low beams were on. Fortunately, he hadn't noticed that the lights weren't sealed beams, and he only wrote a warning ticket.

I agree with norbert44, the police usuall do not enforce the law.
  • mike6345mike6345 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 97 Max GLE, 55,000 miles for $11,000. Does anyone have any advice on what they're experience has been with this years model or Maxima's in general? It has a great ride to it but I don't want to buy it and then have to turn around and have work done on it.
  • dani329dani329 Member Posts: 14
    Can anyone reccommend a good Chicago area dealer/salesman? Going to be getting my new 01 Max from someone - feel sorry for them though because I've done entirely too much internet research. Nobody is going to be happy having to deal with me! Let's hope I hold up. Anywhere within 75 miles or so would be good.
  • edgrahedgrah Member Posts: 1
    My 2K ax(5000 mi) in garage overnight would`nt start (click-click sound and clock stopped) after 3 attempts called dealer and he said jump start and bring it in. Did as directed no problems with car while driving to dealer. Dealer found NO problems!! Nothing was left on while parked overnight in garage. Any Ideas?
  • captainjcaptainj Member Posts: 31
    Someone mentioned the harsh ride of Maximas: I agree, you can buy custom softer coil springs for any car. I was able to find a place via the internet, ask me for more info if you're interested. I wonder if the Infiniti I30 suspension has softer springs than the Maxima's? Does anyone know? If so, I bet they would fit perfect since the Max and Infiniti I30 have the same suspension (I think).
  • al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    looking at post 1672 noticed subtle changes in max predicted for 2002. as past experience has shown usually a body style could be current for 3-4 years..if this is true is it due to possible low sales of 2000 and 2001 models?and what could be the resale loss of revenue of this car is only current for 2 years? Bought a 2000 max se..A little concerned about future sale..NO LEASE HERE
    Don't worry about future sale. If you maintain your car well and keep it for at least five years, you'll do fine. For used cars, the condition is much more important than the body style.
  • qx4qx4 Member Posts: 99
    the body style is only getting a minor change(s)
    its the engine thats changing

exactly what they did with the pathfinder/QX4.
    cosmetic make over and a new engine. NOT a redesign.

i wouldn't worry. i'm still driving my 95GXE and running great.
    What happened with your Toyota? You might want to check the Toyota Avalon board here. Cliffy is on quite often, he's a good guy and could give you an idea what his dealership is offering in trade on an Avalon. He's in No. Virginia, so market conditions might vary from where you are. Still, it would give you something to go on. You'll love the Max after you get rid of the Avalon, no question!
  • max2001max2001 Member Posts: 63
    Actually nissan has strong sales through out it models line. As for changes (they are minor) and I wouldn't worry about it as long you take care of your car. Look at what Acura did to its TL line (even though sales were very strong) - minor changes and new engine.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    ... administrative interruption.

Sometime in the next week or two, the name of this discussion will be changed dropping the "Part 11" designation.

Now that we have moved to our new platform, we no longer have a requirement to stop and restart discussions after a certain number of posts have occurred. Therefore, this discussion can be regarded as the permanent home for Maxima conversation. The "part number" designations on all of our discussions will probably eventually confuse new members, so we will be gradually dropping them from the titles.

We'll also be altering original discussions in the Archives to differentiate between the first and the current.

I just wanted to give you a heads up - and by the way, if you are subscribed to this discussion, a name change will not affect your subscription.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
  • kingofchaoskingofchaos Member Posts: 2
    Anybody have any guesses on how much more the 3.5L engine is going to be? I'm considering going with the current model, but I could wait 4 months without a problem. Personally, the extra horses aren't a big deal to me. But, if the price is going to be about the same, I'll gladly take the extra power. I figure an extra 3K, like the TL vs. TLs. Anyone else think differently?
  • joenissanjoenissan Member Posts: 313
    Jdimotta....I've not had any problems with the paint on my 2k SE, nor have I had any complaints from customers about it. All Nissans use the same paint process but, remember, the Maxima and Pathfinder are made in Japan, the rest.. here in the states. Can there be a difference ?...Sure.
    Fog lights being on only with the low beams is an overseas law. Not here in the USA. That's why the cars you see are either foreign cars or, domestic car companies that decided to do the same due to overseas sales. There are a lot of cars sold today that allow the fogs to be on with only the parking lights (eg..Trans Am).

Ebmaxse...I have the PIAA superwhites, and they come with a 1 year written warranty....wonderful lights.

JCW915...If they can't match your paint properly, find a better shop. Although you are absolutely correct about it being harder to match pearlized paints, a good shop should have no problem matching colors.

George....Dealers use what's commonly known as "Black book"..also a kelly book...and show lower prices than the Blue book. There are also others used...Nissan uses only one that I'm aware of.

Joe
  • 66falcon66falcon Member Posts: 17
    Thanks, GNL, for suggesting the Avalon board. I remember Cliffy from hanging around the Solara board, and he would be a good one to ask. It's good to hear that you happily made the Toyota to Nissan transition. Take care.
  • abc246abc246 Member Posts: 305
    I have a 2 days to decide if I should purchase a Maxima. I have a refundable deposit on a 01 GXE 5 speed. I am trading in a 99 Blazer 4x4. Does any former SUV owner miss their SUV more than they like the Max? I have read a lot about rattles- is this a Max problem? Is the ride harsh in the GXE? I have rode in my friends SE and I can tell you the Blazer with Bilstein shocks rides better then the SE Max. Is the 5 speed shift action really as bad as every one says or does it free up with use?

I am torn between the keeping the paid off Blazer and the GXE. Believe it or not, that Blazer out runs the 00 SE Max with auto in 0 to 60. I have a Gtech performance meter and the Blazers time was 7.83 sec 0 to 60 and the SE time was 7.86 sec. During take off the Blazer walks away from the Max (it feels like Nissan limits power during takeoff with automatic) and then the Maxima starts catching up around 35 mph.

My friend ended up trading his 00 Max SE for a GMC Yukon- and likes the Yukon better. I do not want to do the same thing! For the record, his Yukon is running 0 to 60 in 7.9 sec, with an awesome V-8 growl.
    I'm not sure where those numbers came fron but, the Maxima, auto or otherwise will embarass a Blazer in all performance catagories. 0-60 in the auto is in the lower 7's (7.4). As for rattles, they're non-existent when compared to a Blazer so..I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised by your new Maxima. The ride and quietness comparison between the two also lean way more towards the Maxima.....with 65db of interior noise at 70MPH, it'll be like going from a tractor to luxury car. The SE has a firm ride for a reason.....take one on a few good high speed sweepers....you'll understand.
    If you're not sure about missing your SUV...maybe you should hold back for a while to be sure. It would be a drag to find out a month later that you're really an SUV person, and you've now spent all this money when you had an SUV that was paid for ! Good luck !

Joe
  • warrenulwarrenul Member Posts: 50
    Does Nissan ever notify owners that TSBs may affect their vehicles or is it up to the individual to find it on their own.

I had my 2K Maxima for a year and a half and never heard anything from them, ever. From this forum, I think that there have been at least 5 TSBs released.
    Sounds like you really don't know for sure what you want your vehicle to do! For performance and handling, almost any decent sedan will beat out an SUV. For off-roading, obviously the reverse. So what do you need - a hauler, an off-roads vehicle, or an around town commuter and/or highway cruiser? I can't believe .03 difference in 0-60 times, even if true (which sounds doubtful) would make a difference in how much you enjoy your car for years to come.

FWIW, I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee for almost three years, but most of that was in South America in a country where I needed the ground clearance because of very poor roads. I liked the Jeep a lot for those conditions. But sold it when I left and bought the Max GLE last summer. Once in a while I miss the big guy, but 99% of the time, a sedan is better for me now. You'll find the ride of the GXE and the GLE smoother than the SE, so make sure you take the GXE that you're considering for a long enough test drive, on twisties and on the highway, to know that you will be happy with it.

All that being said - there's tremendous financial peace of mind in having a paid-off car, so if you have to take out a new loan, you might want to save up some first so you can minimize or eliminate the loan.
  • abc246abc246 Member Posts: 305
    Thanks for the info. The acceleration numbers are from my Gtech meter. It cost about $145 and is an amazing little device. It has an accelerometer built-in and measures 0 to 60, 1/4 mile, and braking with no external attachments other than power. Manufacture states accuracy to about 1/100 of a sec. I am not basing my purchase on .03 sec difference. It is just interesting to note that my Blazer consistently runs around 7.8 sec 0 to 60 with 3.73 gears. We have many times ran the Max against the Blazer with and without the Gtech meter. For some reason, his Maxima does not pull well in first gear. It is like the computer is holding back the engine to protect the transmission. I have two other friends with automatics that do the same thing (all three 2000 SE Maxs). Is this typical? The Blazer has the jump 0 to 35 mph, then the Max comes to life. After 35 mph the Max clearly has the advantage all the way up. The faster you go the more the Max advantage, but 0 to 60 my Blazer wins. This is why I do not want an automatic.

I think the reason why is the Blazer has much more torque at a much lower RPM (maximum torque is only at 2700 rpms, maximum HP is developed at only 4400 rpms). This is the classic American story, low hp and high torque. I have to stop, I am talking myself out of the Max! Part of the problem is I am only getting $13K on a trade in, with 43K miles. I am told that the Max resale value will be poor too with a 5 speed. Is this true?
  • ineto6ineto6 Member Posts: 161
    my dad's 93 Max had an alternator problem. At first, we guessed that it was the battery since jump start would work, but we could not put it in gears. After we replaced the alternator, the car's engine was easily started.

Next project, find what has gone wrong with the rev limiter..... I am sure that my brother abused this car before he gave it to my dad.... bad brother... hahaha
  • klar1klar1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 94 maxima gxe 4dr. In cold weather the interior of the car smells A LOT like gasoline. We took it to the dealer twice and they say they can not smell it nor can they find a problem. It seems that the gas smell is excessively strong on really cold days (below 32). However I'm afraid that my wife and daughter are getting gassed. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? I really like the car and would hate to get rid of it, if this is a problem that can be fixed.
    TSB's, or Technical Service Bulletins, are for dealer use only. They are not recalls. They're issued basically as tech tips, and when there seem to be quite a few customers complaining of the same problem, but don't warrent any safety recall. Not all cars will suffer from the conditions reported in any given TSB. If you were to just go to a dealer and tell them there's a TSB out for a particular part, and you're having no problems with that part, usually, depending on the dealer, they will not change the part because of a TSB. If there are any safety problems, or major issues to be dealt with, a recall will be issued, and you notified.

joe
  • warrenulwarrenul Member Posts: 50
    First of all thanks for the clarification for TSBs. I see that its only the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Everyone else either gets used to the noise or until the wheel bearings seize and finally falls off the car!

I know that you also have a 5 speed Maxima like I do. As you allready know, it seems that a TSB was released for the infamous "Fuel Cut" issue. A condition that you previously you stated that the Fuel Cut did not bother you all that much.

But seeing that there is a programming update, I'm curious to know if you had or are considering the TSB programming update to alleviate this condition.

I drive almost 95 percent highway and I rarely get to experience the sensitive low end throttle response. However, if the code update was to allow the manual transmission Maxima to operate as originally intended, I want it, if its the latest and greatest. (Even though I learned to get used to the idiosycracies of this particular model). Your thoughts would be most appreciated.
  • klar1klar1 Member Posts: 2
    I just want to add that the gas smell seems to come through the heater/defrost system.
    I wonder if the smell is heaviest after the car has been standing a while. That would indicate a slow leak somewhere. I would check the joints on the gasoline line for signs of discoloration which usually happens in such cases.
    To date, there is no TSB on the "fuel cut" condition. It seems that there is a fix for the same problem in the Cougar, and by an owner, not the company. I think we'll see the same thing happen with the Maxima. "Big", (I think it's big anyhow), from the 5 speed forum seems to have some sort of fix. You might want to check with him.
    Again, if you have no trouible with your car, i'd just leave it alone...at least until Nissan comes out with a definitive fix for it.

As for the TSB's, yes...it's pretty much the squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you have any problems having anything to do with any of the TSB's for the Maxima....bring it in, and it will be taken care of. Also remember, Recalls are for safety related problems or a major defect.

Joe
  • sebbsebb Member Posts: 16
    For what it is worth, I have the exact same problem with my '90 Pathfinder. On cold mornings, when I start it up, and turn on the heat right away...it reeks of gasoline. Does this until the car warms up.

Like you, took it to the dealer and they could not find the problem. My only guess is that I really noticed this when I developed a leak in the evap/cooling system. Maybe fumes are getting in through that leak. My A/C won't hold refrigerant because of this leak, and it costs too much to fix right now. But the symptoms are identical to what you are describing on your Max. Anybody have any clues out there?
  • max2001max2001 Member Posts: 63
    There is a TSB out there it's TSB NTB01-01B - 2000-2001 Maxima with M/T; on/off Throttle sensitivity. Specifically talks about "A new ECm program is available that will elminate fuel cut/recovery at the engine speeds below 1800 rpm"

Has anyone at your dealership had this done???

Does it work???

here's a link

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1536952&a=12496690&f=0