Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Maxima

Comments

• habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Agree 100%.

As a very happy 1995 Maxima SE 5-speed owner, my business was Nissan's to lose. They did. I'm prepared to spend $33.3k on a TL 6-speed Navigation. The fact that I could save $6,000+ on a Maxima SE doesn't make up for the fact that it is clearly a downscale car compared with the TL. And you are right, the true incrmental cost of making it an upscale interior might have been $1k at the most. Even the G35 has too much value engineering to make it attractive.
  • kenm8kenm8 Member Posts: 71
    I think that you would both agree that its much more than the interior that’s the problem. The car is a pretender to something(?). If it were a person, it has a lack of persona. It handles ponderously. It has the face of an old Buick Roadmaster but otherwise tries to be contemporary. It does not have balance between engine power and handling. We will never know, but it would be interesting “who” the marketing and executive folks at Nissan had in mind when they approved this design. Being the owners of a 97 Max SE, my wife and I would not buy this vehicle at "any" cost. We test drove an 04 Max, 04 Accord and 04 TL last Oct. It was not even close. The wife bought a TL. The second choice would have been the Accord and we both thought it far exceeded the Max overall.
  • sysadmin1sysadmin1 Member Posts: 122
    Did it...

They rub...

I tried Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235/50/17's from the tire rack online. Had them delivered to the tire shop and was psyched to see them. The really looked good, wide, very tough....but, as you turned the wheel, they rub in the back of the wheel well. The installer would not leave them on the car for the obvious safety hazards...

Tire rack said they would fit, but obviously they didn't. So they took care of getting them shipped back and re-shipping the 225's to the installer free of charge. The 225's fit fine, but wish I had gotten the 235's. Much better looking, but rubbed quite a bit.

Hope this helps
  • kennyg5kennyg5 Member Posts: 360
    I agree with your assessment of the new Max to a great extent. However, I don't think the Max looks ugly, in fact it can look quite aggressive from certain angles. Yet the car does not handle very well in corners (even with the new IRS) or at full throttle starts (due to torque steer).

As some of the Max fans have observed, Nissan has made the new Max into an Avalon with a souped-up engine -- i.e. a roomy car(on steroids)with luxury pretensions but a lackluster sales volume. Unfortunately, the new design and formulation is not what most Max fans want ... the "4DSC" which the old Max used to be known for.

I recall Consumer Report described the new Max as a sporty (yet pricey) car lacking in refinement. Further, CR commented that the new Max would not compare well against the less expensive Camry or Accord (or even the Grand Prix), all of which are considered Max's competitors. Therefore, despite Nissan's wish to move the new Max upscale, the car mags' editors have not been so moved.

In addition, most Max fans (particularly those who are now more financially secure and are able to afford more expensive cars) do appreciate the difference in build quality between the TL and the Max. Thus, many (former) Max owners have moved to higher and greener pastures, even though the TL costs at least $3,500 more.

If Nissan wants the Max owners to look at the Altima as a replacement thinking that the lower-priced Altima will also please the Max owners, it has not made a sound business judgment and does not really know what Max fans want.
    Agree with your assessment 100%. "Trading up" to an Altima? They have to be nuts.

Furthermore, even the G35 doesn't fit the bill as an upscale replacement for the Maxima. Why they couldn't put a TL quality and cleanly designed interior in the G35 is a mystery, but I'm beginning to think Nissan is forever lost in interior design by committee (with a few blind members). Even the 350Z looks tacky compared to my spartan, but high quality, S2000.

Repeated offers to sell me a G35 sedan 6-speed at or below invoice hasn't tempted me. Transplanting the TL interior into the RWD G35, with a few other minor adjustments would likely do the trick - and I would gladly pay above invoice for that combination.
  • ccermakccermak Member Posts: 260
    Dare I say that Mazda is going the way of Nissan of old??? Zoom Zoom with pretty cool interiors on their 3 and 6 cars. If price is factored, I think the Mazda 6 is the new affordable "4DSC". And I'd be all over a Mazda 3 versus Civic, Sentra, Corolla, etc. Maybe the SE-R Altima will get me back on the bandwagon as opposed to bashwagon. I will say that I still do not mind driving my 2000 SE with 65K miles. Had an 02 sensor and altenator thus far, but still on original brakes. Just waiting for the coils to poop out.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    i think you, like many still out there, discredit the altima simply for its name. a rose by any other name...

the fact is, its performance numbers are at least as good as the old maxima, the 2005 upgrades have matched or exceeded the old max's refinement, and the new SE-R should bring it all home.

and noone said anything about "trading up" to an altima...it would be a lateral move.
  • pernaperna Member Posts: 521
    I think you hit the nail on the head. At least for me, personally...

It's too bad they can't go back in time and call the '05 Altima a "Maxima", and have a new nameplate for the '04 Maxima ("Maxalon"? "Maxabuick"?). I wanted a Maxima for years and when I saw what direction they were heading with the '04, I took the plunge and bought one of the last '03s. An Altima, for me, means "bland little sedan" and always will. My parents had a '96 and it was ok, but nothing more. Reliable as dirt, and about as exciting.

If my Maxima were totalled today, my first visit would be to the Cadillac dealer to try out a CTS. That car was out when I bought my Max, but at the time it had that crappy Opel engine and that turned me off of the car entirely. My second visit would be to the Chrysler dealer to try out a 300C. I find the Mazda 6 and G35 to be just a bit too small, although I'm sure both cars are a blast to drive.

It's funny how, in a year, I go from "must own Maxima" to "I'll give two domestic sedans a chance to impress me".
  • sysadmin1sysadmin1 Member Posts: 122
    got rid of pathfinder in Dec. with 60K mile son it when dealer said ALL the ignition coils were bad and wanted 700 to repair..Wish someone would total my 02 Max so I can move on to a better brand...problem is cant sell it cause its worth 3K less than I owe...resale vaule has dropped like a rock...never again a Nissan or Infinity..
  • los2fastlos2fast Member Posts: 9
    This morning my 2004 Maxim struggled to start. I know previous years Maximas had cold start problems but does the 2004 suffer from the same problem?
  • kyleknickskyleknicks Member Posts: 433
    there's a brand new silver 6i parked outside my apt complex .... it's got deep tinted windows and dual exhaust... i didn't think dual exhaust were on the 6i..

wow.. what a beautiful car... i agree that the 6 is smaller than a maxima..but i doubt it's that much smaller than my 2000 maxima... right now, boy do i wish i have a diff car...

i've always wanted a maxima, but then the day i could afford to get one, I want something else... arghhhhhhhhh
    thats why the altima is there.
    I agree with Kyle. If I were in exact same place I was 4.5 yrs ago buying a brand new sporty 4 dr sedan for $26K, I'd probably buy the Maz6. There was a black new one parked right next to my 00 SE Icelandic Pearl, and I just liked the look of it better, with dual exhaust, it just looked mean. I like the Altima ok too, but the 6 is just better looking to me. The Alti 3.5 is faster, and maybe with the 05 interior it'd be a toss up, but with the 02-04 Alti's cheapo interior it's no contest, 6 all day.
    Habitat,

Thanks for your support. It seems we share a lot of common thoughts about which direction Nissan should take if it wants to market the Max as an upscale car. Among other things, it needs to improve the car's fit and finish and not share so many parts with the lower-class Altima. I know parts sharing makes economic sense, but if Nissan wants us to pay more for the Max, it must justify the additional cost. Further, providing Max owners with VIP treatment when it comes to getting dealer service also helps. More importantly (and this is personal to me), make the new Max as reliable as the old Max (I did not buy 3 Maxes for no reason).

Perna,

It would take quite a bit of pursuasion and incentive before I will again look at U.S. made and designed cars. I bought an 86 Olds Cutlass and hated myself for not doing more research before making the purchase. It was a POS because I had to spend so much time and money fixing it. After that, my next 3 cars were all Maximas (3rd, 4th and 5.5 gens). Although the U.S. automakers have come a long way in improving their cars, there is still a substantial gap between Japanese and U.S. cars in terms of reliability and quality.
    bowke... are u kidding about the altima? its a decent car...but it's not a maxima in terms of looks.. .its not even as nice looking at the 97-99 maxima's... it's just very bland.. not in the agressive looking style as the 00-03 max or the current 6... when looking for that 4 door sport sedan TODAY... it would be the 6
    those are completely subjective. im talking about raw statistics...and with those, the new altima is just as much car (if not, more) as the previous maxima.
  • andmoonandmoon Member Posts: 320
    Is the Nissan warranty for the 02 Maxima a 3/36 or 5/60?
    Don
    if you're talking strictly performance, then people like myself would consider the Pontiac Grand Prix Comp G or something similar, but would i? not in a million years... just the same as i wouldnt consider an Altima because of it's stigma of being a less appriecated lil brother of the Maxima.... i know it's wrong that people buy cars based on stigma..but it happens.
    is 3/36 bumper to bumper, and 5/60 powertrain.
    what i try to think about is that the new altima is a redesigned maxima with a new name (like the ford freestar/windstar).

i think of the 04 max as more of a "brand new" product. i agree that the maxima name doesnt fit it. so whats the closest thing in the lineup to the old max? the altima 3.5.
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    I think we had the stigma/prestige discussion about "sliding" from a Maxima to an Altima here some time ago.

That would never be a factor in my case since I never considered the Maxima to be a premium brand to begin with. As soon as Nissan elected to put a V-6 in the Altima a couple of years ago, the cars became essentially the same, in my mind. The only advantage the Maxima had was in interior materials quality and perhaps a few features like HID headlights.

Today, if I am buying a midsize, the Altima would have a chance to be in my garage but the Maxima has little or no chance.
  • lichtronimolichtronimo Member Posts: 212
    on the Altima. You can't get the heated steering wheel with power adjustment for reach/rake, however.
    Kennyg5 in post 8149 brings up a good point about VIP treatment. Wife and I have had service done on 97 Max at two different Nissan dealers over last 7 and one-half years. We have also owned many Hondas over last 20 years and have had service at one Honda dealer. We have also had service done on Acuras at one Acura dealer over last 3 and one-half years. My two cents worth on comparison of these:

The Acura and Honda dealer personnel put in extra effort to please the customer, are fair and do not try to sell extra un-needed service. The service and parts at Acura cost a little more than for similar at Honda and Nissan. The Nissan dealer personnel are polite but do not try for as high a level of customer satisfaction as do Acura and Honda. Also, Nissan dealers will try to sell more service than is needed. Both Honda and Acura dealer personnel strive to be respectful to the customer. I feel more VIP type treatment at Acura than at Honda, but very little at the Nissan dealers.

If Nissan wants Max to be flagship and up-market type car, they will have to figure out how to service Max customers that will then have higher expectations. Much has been written in the press about a similar matter with VW. Will persons who can afford the most expensive VW (80K?) and may be accustomed to Lexus customer service be able to get VIP treatment at an ordinary VW dealer?
    that really irritates me.

"I feel more VIP type treatment at Acura than at Honda, but very little at the Nissan dealers."

these statements give the generalized idea that ALL nissan dealers dont care about VIP treatment, and that honda/acura dealers NEVER try to sell things.

pelase rephrase your statements more like: ABC honda was great, and XYZ nissan was awful.

individual dealers can be as different as individual salespeople.
    I've had different treatment from different Nissan stealerships.. I've had crappy service from a Queens NY dealership vs gotten pretty fair treatment from a Springfld, Mass dealership...

but as far as getting VIP treatment? you're not gonna get it from a Nissan shop..that's why there's Infiniti...at least that's the idea..
    we better bookmark this page, cuz you and i probably wont agree ever again!

;-)
    Sorry if a reader is irritated, but those are my "2 cents" and observations. I am currently a customer of 4 different dealerships and am entitled to make comparisons between them. I do not expect VIP treatment at Nissan, but am pleased to get something like it at Honda.

I found some data on related topic of customer satisfaction of dealers. April 2002 (nothing more recent) of Consumer Reports has data from owners of 130,000 vehicles. A bar graph shows car brands against percent of owners' rating of "very satisfied". It shows Acura, Honda and Nissan in the bottom half of brands. Nissan is second from the bottom. I know that this is 2 year old data, but does anyone have anything more recent?

It seems that a company, whether Nissan, Honda (or Lexus), should set direction, guidance and goals to have "each and every" of its dealers strive to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction. One should not have to shop around to find good or minimally acceptable dealer service.

Again, I will repeat: Acura and Honda dealers have a better attitude toward the customer as opposed to Nissan. There is still a little something at Nissan dealers that remind me of American brand auto dealers of the past that I did not like.

Are there any other Nissan owners on this board who also own Hondas/Acuras? It would be interesting to know if your experiences in your part of the country are parallel to mine or are different.

Was there a discussion on this board earlier this year about NJ Nissan dealers allegedly not informing Max/HID owners about a theft problem in a timely manner? Any update on this?
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    I can't write about Honda/Acura but I know that my Nissan dealer/service (specifically Sheehy) in Annapolis Maryland is one of the best I've ever had. They never try to add additional stuff, they are virtually always on time with my car and the cost of service, believe it or not, is reasonable. They told me about a recall and fixed it during routine maintenance before the letter arrived. Can't say the same for my previous Mazda 626.
    In the past 18 years, I owned four cars (one Oldsmobile Cutlass and three Maximas). So, I can't speak about Honda/Acura, but I think Nissan dealerships are slightly better than Olds.

One of the Nissan dealers (in Queens, New York) was very greedy. It failed my car for inspection because of a small crack in one of the rear lens and it wanted to charge me an unreasonable amount to replace the lens. I later replaced the lens at an independent garage for only 35% of the dealership charge. The other Nissan dealer (also in Queens) is better because it is new and the owner wants to be a top volume seller in the area so as to get a higher "incentive/holdback" from Nissan; it even opens on Saturdays to accommodate customers. However, its charges are rountinely higher than the independent garages.

Both Nissan dealerships, however, cannot compete with the independent garage (which I sometime use) in terms of customer satisfaction. One time my car was hit by an 80 year old woman, and I took it to the garage, which has a body shop. Not only was my car fixed professionally at a lower cost, the garage also detailed the car and drove the great looking car back to my house when it was fixed. I don't think I would ever expect that kind of service from Nissan :-)

Kenm8, do you recall whether the Consumer Report you referred to dealt with buying experience or post-sale service experience at dealerships? The one I read several years old dealt with the fornmr. IMO, if you can't even get a decent experience when buying a car, you may as well forget about the post-sale service.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    I'm considering purchasing a 04 Maxima with the Elite Package but am finding it very hard to find one (even in a fairly large city with 4 Nissan dealerships). Not too sure if this package is in high demand or that no one wants it!

Any experiences from the owners (positive / negative) with this package??

As a side commentary, I've also considered the 04 TL. I'm a life long Acura owner. Now that they have been out for a while, I've seen 3 "used" TLs which all had dents in the aluminum console trim pieces where misdirected cups or seat belts have left their permanent marks in the trim piece. Owners forum also seems to have complaints about squeeks in the 04 console. So, while the 04 TL may have a superior interior to the MAX, it is not perfect!
    Carmax in Baltimore has maximas, armadas and the brand new 05 altima at below invoice. The Z of course is above invoice but not by much.
    VOB Nissan (Rockville) - very good
    Sheehy Honda (Alexandria) - very good
    Chevy Chase Acura - poor

I agree with bowke and kyle - 75% of my service experience is dealer specific. I know that Lexus has a generally very good reputation for customer service, but I don't think either Acura or Infiniti is as much of a "premium" brand across all dealerships as Lexus.

Still, my preference is for a vehicle that doesn't need a lot of service, hence my decision to get an S2000 over a Boxster S a couple of years ago. I'm sure the Porsche dealership (HBL) would treat me well, just too often!
  • sgrd0qsgrd0q Member Posts: 398
    A number of Nissan dealers in my area (NYC and Long Island) are bad to very bad. For my next service I may actually try one of the Infiniti dealers (as the I30 is very similar to my 2001 Maxima).

Acura - I have been using the same Acura dealer for a number of years and two cars - an old Integra that we no longer have, and the new RSX-S. Pretty good service overall - never thought of going elsewhere.

My 2 cents only. Not indicative of dealers in your area.
    Koeppel Nissan (queens NY)- service and sales departments were both below average. Service - let me first say, i felt like i walked into a mob operation..everyone had gold chains, suits and slick back hair. boy, was i uncomfortable in there, i didnt even want to tell them why i was there. then they proceed to charge me $50 for an inspection on my brakes because i didn't think i needed full brake work like they said i did.

Sales - when i was buying a Max back in 2000, i walked into this same dealership, (no greaseball attitude in the sales dept), the gentlemen was quite nice in going out and showing me his inventory... to make a long story short, they wanted to sell me a max with a older production date (which had older GLE wheels) and it was the color i didn't want... after an hour, i started to leave and this gentlemen got very angry and slammed the chair i was sitting at against the desk... not very professional at all... he called me to come back a week later and tried to sell me a silver GLE but at $1000 over invoice claiming this is how much it's worth, i laughed and said i would go to another dealership, which i did.

BayRidge Nissan (Brooklyn NY)- Sales (Average)Service(no experience) this dealership was refered to me by a friend who leases from them at least 6 cars the last 3 yrs... so I went in and asked to pay invoice, they agreed after alot of negotiation, so they decided to put me thru the finance manager and fleece me for $500 for an alarm that cost $100 if not less... by the time i went into his office, i was exhausted so we just gave in....

Jerry Rome Nissan (Springfld, Mass) - Service dept (above average) - fixed my rotors and brakes under warranty after i showed them the TSB's.. called when they said they would, very courteous and even drove me back to work and picked me up. Sales (very little experience here) - although i've never bought a car from them, one of the times i took my max in for service, i walked in to look at the 03 max, the gentlemen asked if i wanted to drive it... he spent some time talking to me about new features and etc... (granted there was no one in the dealership at the time) i'm sure he could've been doing something else..

Harte Nissan (Hartford CT) - Sales - i drove my maxima into their lot because my gf was looking to buy something... the sales person said..ohhh i ilke you guys, i'll talk to my manager and see what i could do for you... granted, he seem new, he came back with $200 under MSRP.... my gf said.. i thought u liked us..LOL.. needless to say, i knew what was invoice and the manager said i couldn't buy a max near that in CT... oh well, she bought a 1.8T jetta instead of a maxima SE.

i think when buying a car, they put you thru a wringer to squeeze as much profit as they can from you... first from the sales person, then the sales manager and then from the finanace guy... what a joke! but in addition to having different experiences with different dealerships, i'm sure you also have diff experiences with diff sales people too.
  • dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    In my experience, it's purely the local owners that dictate the level of service (repair and sales).

In the Milwaukee Wisconsin area, we have 5 Nissan and 5 Honda dealers. There are 2 excellent Nissan dealers and 2 excellent Honda dealers, when it comes to service. The other 6 are nothing short of just poorly managed, bad businesses.

In the sales arena, the Nissan dealers are far better than the Honda dealers as far as pricing (Honda just says MSRP+ while Nissans are readily available near invoice) but you get better treatment at the Honda dealers in general when buying.

For an inexperienced buyer, your chances of getting hurt (as defined as paying more than you could) are higher at the Nissan dealers than at the Honda dealers.
    Are you sure the brand new 05 Altima is already selling below invoice? Although I never priced an Altima (due to lack of interest), it is surprising to learn that Nissan's newly minted 4DSC (ostensibly replacing the Max and is suppposedly better fitted and finished) can be had at such a low price so early. Are the 05 Camcords being heavily discounted by Toyota and Honda, which could be the cause of Nissan's sales strategy?

As to the 04 Max with the elite package, I doubt there are many of them in production, because I guess most Max owners prefer the roomy five passenger seating configuration and the fold down rear seats. Moreover, I don't think Nissan correctly priced this package. If you find an elite packaged Max at a dealer, it probably has been sitting in the lot for quite time (due to lack of demand), and you should be able to negotiate a very good price for it.
    dont have rebates, and never got below 2.9%. honda has never had rebates.

regarding the altima, i just sold one at invoice, and another at MSRP this week, so its a deal-by-deal scenario.
    Kenny, below is a cut-n-paste from carmax.com @ 9:50 pm today. They are a no-haggle dealership so what you see is what you get. Their sales people are even told to walk away from customers who want to haggle over prices. That's walk away, not disrespect. Check them out. Just pick Baltimore/DC and you'll see it. I checked about 5 different models and they are all below invoice. I don't know how they are making any money.

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4D Sedan

Stock Number: 2287509
    Exterior Color: Mystic Emerald
    Interior Color: Blond

No Haggle Price: $27,778*
    Destination Charges, Dealer Prep: $0
    MSRP: $31,130
    Factory Invoice: $28,582
    Savings from MSRP: $3,352
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    No Haggle Price: $27,778*

Any clue?
    probably means plus tax and license.
    * Price honored through 5/13/2004 when purchased from the CarMax location below. Vehicle subject to prior sale. Price does not include tax, title, tags, and document processing fees.

I guess their prices are from day to day.
    Anyone know when info is going to be available or when Job1 is?

I wonder if they won't revise the rear to provide two exausts (instead of the current four chrome finishers) consistent with the 350Z, Murano and now Altima...
    I'd like to see them spruce up the interior like they're doing for the Altima. With Alti getting better interior why buy a Maxima??? Was only thing better about Max.
  • roar1roar1 Member Posts: 193
    Along with a better interior, Nissan needs to redesign the front
    of the car which would include doing away with the now infamous
    " corporate tooth ".

It's almost as if there were two different design teams. One
    for the front and one for the back , and neither knew what the other was doing. It's probably the same two teams that did the 5th. gen. Max. and screwed up the rear on that car. ( rear looks like a Neon....Oh my God!!).

Maybe they will get it right on the 7 th generation Max., but by that time I'll probably have a TL.
    Agreed. TL is car to buy now. Or on lower end is Mazda 6. G35 AWD is an option for me being in MN. 6 more payments on my 2000 Max, going to milk it a while yet, save some $, and see what comes out in next couple years. I actually like the big 300C Hemi, maybe once that goes AWD I'll test drive it. Not sure if get AWD (aka 4matic) with Hemi or just V6 though.
  • nd4spdnd4spd Member Posts: 23
    Does anyone know, when Nismo will release the cold air intake kit for the 2004 Maxima?
    They have it for the Altima and the 350Z, but not for Maxima…
    Did anyone put a cold air intake on his or her Maxima yet? If yes, how is it working for you? Personally, I do not agree with statements that Nissan screwed up the exterior of Maxima. The rear end looks great, it looks like a solid, and powerful car. My car gets a lot of appreciation and people always stop and look at it. I live in the area, where I don’t see a lot of Maximas, so it works for my advantage. I had a 2003 max, and while it was a very nice car, it looks ridiculously outdated next to the 2004. Plus, the 2004 handles a lot better, the body roll is almost non-existent, and thanks to the 245/45R18 Goodyears, this car sticks to the road a lot better then the 2003 Max did.
    BTW, if you don’t like the front end, especially the grill, you can have an aftermarket chrome grill put on, makes the car look a lot better. I saw a black 2004 maxima with the aftermarket grill – it made me want one too, looks really sharp!
    Right now Nissan has a special financing on 2004 maximas, I traded my 2003 and without down payment, got myself a 2004, SE, with sunroof for a $30 more a month, not sure exactly, what my total is, as they manipulated the numbers so much. But the thing about it is that I did not loose much money on my trade in. provided I had 42,000 miles on my 2003 max, it also needed new windshield, new brakes, new paint job and tires. So instead of spending $1500 on maintenance, I bought a new car and hardly paid any extra.
    Now if I wanted to buy a G35, or the TL, like most of the people on this board, well – it would have made my payments go up by $250 a month, I don’t know about you, but this, plus the outrageous gas prices (2.15 / gallon) is enough for me to look away from the Infiniti/Accura dealerships.
    As far as the 300C is concerned, good luck getting one right now, they are hard to find, and I hear that the owners are already complaining about the numerous issues with it. Maybe in 2 years, after DC will work all of the issues with the 300C out, and make sure that their MDS system really works (Chrysler’s below average reliability is well known).
    But then again, in 2 years someone will have even a better car out there. Just look art what infiniti and accura are cooking.
  • gerapaugerapau Member Posts: 211
    So what you are saying is that you are only paying $30 more per month for the same period? I.E. if you only had 2 years to go on the 2003 then you still only have 2 years to go and are only paying $30 more per month. Or did they refinance you for another 4 or 5 years?
    I wish it was only for 2 years! Nope, I had to refinance it for another 5 Years @ 1.9 %.
    But, I never keep my cars for more then 2 years, as you can see I traded my 2003 maxima a year after I bought it. I cannot lease because, no one will lease a car with no mileage restriction. In my case I drive a lot, almost too much. I’ll trade this 2004 Max next year, maybe for another max or maybe for a 300C.
    you REALLY should be leasing, dude.

you said you put qabout 30k miles per year? well, guess what...you can do that with nissan. do a 3 year with 30k per year, and you should be able to beat the payment you have.