Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Maxima

1168169170171172174»

Comments

• jdubbs4jdubbs4 Member Posts: 3
    They recommend every 10K miles or one year, whichever comes first. Typically, the average is 1k miles a month, so that would obviously be 10 months. Just depends how much driving your doing.

FYI: It is smart to check your oil frequently, because some manufacturers tell you right in your manual that your car can actually consume up to a quart of oil a month. Most cars do not typically burn that much oil, but it is possible.
  • dfridfri Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2002 Maxima GLE. Pretty much loaded. 183,000 all highway miles. My wife drives 100 miles round trip for work. Car is clean. Few wear marks on the front bumper and front of the hood from being on the highway so much. Champagne color.

Wondering what I might be able to get for it. Hoping around $6000. Any opinions???

Thanks
  • jdubbs4jdubbs4 Member Posts: 3
    Go kbb.com and nada.com and price it out. That'll give you the best idea.
  • mymaxmamymaxma Member Posts: 1
    UHmmm, don't believe this to be rail dust problem, that usually occurs within 1 year, my 04 maxima is white, Garaged,and washed/waxed regularily is covered with tiny pinhead sized orange (rust) dots!! rial dust? it is even on all the plastic body parts as well, i BELIEVE its the Metal In the metallic between the layers in the paint, hence the reason they do not come off? Nissan should be correcting this problem not telling customers its a "rail Dust problem!!
  • bigtonykbigtonyk Member Posts: 1
    HI I HAVE A 86MAX WITHY 33000 MI ON IT GOT IT NEW NOW I NEED PARTS FOR IT AND THE DEALER TELLS ME THAT HE CANT GET ANY THING THAT I NEED LIKE DOOR REG AND GLOVE BOX,LIGHT SW WITH CR.CONTROL ANY HELP THAT I CAN GET WILL BE HELPFUL TONY
  • jeffwilsonjeffwilson Member Posts: 45
    I am thinking of buying a used Maxima, something between 2005- 2007. Can anyone tell me if any of these years had brake dust issues? I know the older ones had it, I just don't know if that problem was fixed.

Thanks!!
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    With all due respect, "brake dust issues" should be at the bottom of your list of priorities when considering a used Maxima or any other car.

Also, for what it's worth, the best performing cars - Porsche, BMW, etc. - all have a good amount of brake dust that goes along with their exceptional performance. If the pads are so hard or of a composition that doesn't generate brake dust, they are either $8,000 ceramic brakes or soemthing that doesn't perform very well. My TL 6-speed that came with standard Brembo brakes has twice as much dust as our MDX and stops twice as well. A very acceptable trade off, IMO. So if washing your wheels is an unacceptable chore, you might want to consider a Camry. Or a 911GT2 with ceramic brakes for a bit more money.
  • goodole1goodole1 Member Posts: 3
    Would anyone have an idea where the windshield washer pump is located on a 96 Maxima?

Thanks
  • scootsmomscootsmom Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone have a clue as to how make the music id system work on the cd player or the rds radio stations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! With the exception of not being able to enjoy this feature I love this car! Well except for the picky nav system

Thanks
  • metalfinishermetalfinisher Member Posts: 1
    In 2005 some Maxima's came with front and rear heated leather bucket seats with a center console from front to back.
    How many were produced and in what color combinations?
    I like this package, what was the package called and did it have a package ID # in the VIN or Monronie's sticker?
    Kirk
  • alexstorealexstore Member Posts: 264
    Its called elite package and it was available starting 2004 m.y. I am not sure if it was limited to some colors. It also came with power shade.
    I find it useless for a family car not to have folding seats but each person is entitled to their own opinion
  • prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    I am looking to purchase a 2002 Maxima SE with only 26,000 miles. It was an older couples car and a peach.

Could you let me know a few things about your 2002 GLE??

1. Do you use premium fuel and if not how does it run on Regular 87
    2. Do you know what you get for gas mileage
    3. Have you had and significant mechanical issues?? If so, what?
    4. Would you recommend this car

Thanks for any help you might offer me.

Dennis
    Well, U failed to mention the price and the peach doesn't exactly say what the cars condition is. Ur peach and my peach may be to differents peaches. Are there records to back up the service that was done? Price is also very important.
  • maxfreekmaxfreek Member Posts: 1
    the knock sensor is between the heads below the intake....you must remove intake to get to it ..not a problem had 1 bolt ...however i have replaced without removing intake...if u can get a wrench between the heads u can remove ...hope this helps..btw ..i wouldnt pay to have this done
    Thank you for your response. I meant to shut this article down as the car caught on fire about two months ago. My housemate was heartbroken. However, all is not lost. she got a very attractive offer from the insurance company because the car was certified and not a mark on it.. we got her another Nissan Maxima but it was a used 2008 with 3000 miles. But she's very happy.
  • jackson48jackson48 Member Posts: 1
    I have a Maxima 02, replace o2 sensor back of cat converter and cleared codes and only to have the check engine return on after about 51mi what could be the problem? do I need to replace both 02 sensor.
  • texan1texan1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi I am newcomer here. I have a 97 Maxima GXE and my mechanic told me I need to replace Steering Gear Assembly, Valve cover gaskets on both banks and oil pan gaskets. How much all these items costs? Can anyone have these things done then please provide me what is the reasonable cost for each one. Thanks.
  • texan1texan1 Member Posts: 6
    yes I have the same thing doene about 4 months ago. They replaced one and after few hours light came on. He replaced the second o2 sensor and it cleared the light. Its very expensive.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    I have an 06 Maxima with Auto Climate Control, and every time it set it to auto it puts the A/C on, even in winter. Anybody know why or if this can be adjusted? What goofball decided that auto should mean turning on the A/C when it is 15 degress outside?
  • avucarguyavucarguy Member Posts: 56
    I have an 07 Maxima SL and the auto climate control does the same thing. You have to manually turn off the Ac each time. The Ac is being used in the winter time just to reduce moisture in the car, not as a cooling function(when your heater is on). My 07 Prius with automatic climate control also does this. There is nothing I can see in the owner's manual on how to turn off this feature permanently. This is probably a safety feature on most cars with automatic climate control to prevent the windshield from fogging up on humid days.
  • jontwinjontwin Member Posts: 1
    Whasssup with the passenger power windows. This is my 2nd time trying to get it repaired and now it comes down 4 inches when I close it using the auto close.
  • trace66usatrace66usa Member Posts: 2
    my 2003 nissan maxima is overheating in the warm weather what is the first thing I need to check
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Would stand to reason that the coolant level would be the first thing to check.
  • haroldsjsharoldsjs Member Posts: 8
    Today I started my car and rolled down the power windows to let the heat out from inside the car. The driver door power window went down ( and back up) without a problem. The front passenger side power window went down only half way. The rear power windows (both sides) did not go down at all.

I tried from the driver door, and from the each individual door. Nothing seems to function. I checked the fusible link compartment under the hood. I found the bank of fusible links and fuses that say "pwr window" in the layout diagram. It is a 40A fusible link, but the copper link appears to be intact.

Now I am left with the front passenger power window stuck in the half-way open position. What must I check to diagnose this problem?
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    What must I check to diagnose this problem?

The location of your nearest Nissan dealer... ;)
  • motor96motor96 Member Posts: 3
    did you get your maxima fixed? I having the same problem
  • mario44mario44 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my 2003 maxima, but it was on the driver side, had it fix by the dealer 2 times, takes about 20 minutes to 30 minutes, they had to find the zero on the position of the window
  • littlechevylittlechevy Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2000 Maxima. It starts and runs for about a minute, then dies. It will start right back up and die. It has a code for primary ignition but no miss when running. Any help will be appreciated.
  • profiremanprofireman Member Posts: 2
  • profiremanprofireman Member Posts: 2
    Key Fobs not working......

I locked car, put key in ignition 6 times until hazards flash, then turn key to ACC like instructed.

But when I press any key on either fob....hazards don't flash as they should when activating a FOB.

Is there maybe a fuse blown or a wireless receiver for the fobs has an issue ?

Any ideas ?
  • firstyankeefanfirstyankeefan Member Posts: 4
    After a 5 minute visit to this dealership - the mechanics managed to 'Fix' my car so that i would need to have thousands of dollars of service on it.
    First they told me i had to purchase a nissan battery - then i would need my
    Dashboard replaced and a new sunroof motor and switches and they would have to
    Keep my car for almost 6 months before they could find a gas gauge/odometer
    Suitable for my car. This all because my battery was failing and I was driving when it happened. Drove right into Sears - and replaced the battery with the top of their line. Little did I know that the sunroof, systems indicators, gas gauge to mention a few things - all stopped working. What did they say... "you needed to purchase a Nissan Battery".. my response - Nissan does not make batteries, and I was on the road when this happened and this is general maintenance of my vehicle. Then they said to bring it in - the first thing they told me was it was "out of warranty" - any excuse - then they said the whole dashboard has to come out and be replaced...
    If you look on the internet - there are thousands of people that are suffering from the same problem - Nissan needs a recall - mind you - all because the battery was replaced... well Nissan - you need a recall - because everyone replaces their own battery - recall all the years that cause problems with battery removal -
    Then the dealership called me one day to offer me a $9.98 oil change. After it was done - they charged me more than $35.00 - they knew I was there for the special oil change - and what the Manager said - when I checked the amount on my bill was "well, you were supposed to tell your service man why you were here, and what we offered. Remember - I walked into service and they knew I was expected and for what - they are liars and cheats. When I called back the manager - he told me he would give me a $30 credit on my account. Now, they will not even return my calls.
    not even for parts information.
    No I would never go back here again - never buy a Nissan again (I've had 5 Nissans, 3 Maxima's) and I will tell everyone one I know to go down the block to Bill Tyson Automotive in Royal Palm Beach instead. 561-753-6122 - they will help you and they are honest people.
    >
    > bill tyson automotive - undid the damage in just a few moments - and i now
    Have a great place to go for my 2007 nissan maxima se -
    > and
    > i can trust them too.
    > thanks guys - your the best!!!!
  • nissan_tech1nissan_tech1 Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2014

sounds like a lot of mis-information.....obviously u had more wrong than just a battery. but the part with the sunroof probably lost its memory...all u have to do is hold the button closed for 5 -10seconds and it will reset itself. losing the odometer after a battery replaced sounds more like a fuse or ur just promoting this automotive business you put down. sorry u had a bad experience....hopefully u found someone to tell u the truth.

• nissan_tech1nissan_tech1 Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2014

@profireman said:
    Key Fobs not working......

I locked car, put key in ignition 6 times until hazards flash, then turn key to ACC like instructed.

But when I press any key on either fob....hazards don't flash as they should when activating a FOB.

Is there maybe a fuse blown or a wireless receiver for the fobs has an issue ?

Any ideas ?

sounds like the remotes ur programming are inoperable or the battery in them is dead. when u open then up to replace the battery, check for water damage or green corrosion. before trying again. procedure: get in car and lock car, insert key in and out till flashers flash, once they flash take keyless entry remote and press lock on remote(it should flash on ur cluster if it see it), then manually unlock the door from the main switch on the door, open the door then close the door then lock to close the process. then try ur remote. This is only for older model vechile...newer one u will need consult scan tool to program. hope this helps!