Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    newbuynewbuy Member Posts: 5
    Sound like a pretty good deal for S. California. In Wisconsin, similarly equipped LTD AWD Sienna (MSRP $41,968) are selling for $35 K (after rebate)
  • Options
    bluecar4bluecar4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, this is first time I post message,
    So Total price is $27,611 with 0.0%, Do you mind give me the contact information at Fitzgerald Auto Mall. I like to purchase one too.

thanks
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Start with their web site - fitzmall.com. They just revamped the look.
  • Options
    perl5perl5 Member Posts: 17
    I got a quote from rochester ny Dorschel dealership for 2008 Sienna LE FWD with package #2 for $27000 OTD with $1000 rebate. Is this a good deal? QF, RL, AL, CF.
    I can find an exact car from fitzmall which will be almost $1000 lower: http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=LFT158035:2008-01-- 15T23:14:25.580
    But my dealer wont price match it and saying they are promoting "lifetime powertrain warranty"
    What do guys think? Is this a good deal? Or should I go to Maryland for $1000 lower?
  • Options
    I would find out more about the lifetime powertrain warranty. Do you have to service your vehicle at that dealership? How are their prices? What if you move, does the "warranty" get transfered to another dealer?

Personally I'd save the $1000 and buy the $880 Toyota warranty people have talked about. That's 7/100, not lifetime, but it's also bumper to bumper. I'd want things like the power doors covered.
  • Options
    fountanefountane Member Posts: 6
    I live in a city w/snow season & really want AWD, but most people say the run flat tire is no good. Does anyone had driven FWD with studded tires in snowy weather w/o problem?
  • Options
    hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    I have a Sienna AWD and all I did was switch my run flats to regular tires. If you want AWD go for it. I hear a FWD Sienna with snow tires performs very good though.
  • Options
    fountanefountane Member Posts: 6
    Tks for your info. If I switch to regular tires, do I need to get regular wheels too, is any 17" wheel can fit? Where you put your spare tires?
  • Options
    holleholle Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking to buy very soon - can anyone help me by letting me know what their "out the door" price was for a Sienna XLE with either package #3 or #4?
    According to online invoices, i'm thinking these should be an OTD prices of close to $29-30K for the #3 and maybe $32K for the #4? (after $1500 cash back).
    I am in Central Florida, ..so anyone who has bought recently in florida would be helpful. thanks!!
  • Options
    navtejnavtej Member Posts: 19
    did u buy one?what trim?iam intrested as they offer0.0%financing did you use the offer.thanks
  • Options
    To get their lifetime powertrain warranty, you have to be the very first owner. Then you can get it at all dealers in US or Cananda. That's what the dealer told me. Also another dealership in town promotes the same thing.
    They also give me discounts on vehicle service, saying that's another saving you can get in the long run.
  • Options
    drpooldrpool Member Posts: 11
    Hi Everyone,

I live in Bay Area and am looking around for a 2008 LE Sienna 8 seater with the EVP-1 package that includes:

LE EVP #1 :

•Passenger-Side Power Sliding Door .• Includes left hand door closer and rear door electronic locking system..•8-Way Power Driver's Seat .• Includes front passenger slide and reclining seat..•Overhead Multi-Info Display .• HomeLink .• Trip Computer .• Includes over-head console..•Includes option floor number 1 special utility package.

The best quote I have got so far is 22,650 + TTL making it 24915 OTD price. Any comments on the price ?

Also I am looking for slate metallic color as primary choice. Secondary might be Desert Sand Mica. Any feedbacks on Slate Metallic color. Does it get it necessary to get the vehicle cleaned every now and then since its a dark color.

Thanks very much for your input.

Best Regards,
  • Options
    kkkkskkkks Member Posts: 2
    millers..toyota of anaheim
  • Options
    Just got back from my local dealership in Orlando, Florida with a brand new 08 Sienna XLE Limited w/ package #2. OTD price was 37K. (after using rebate of 1500). Just thought i would share for those who are looking for the same model and near my area.
  • Options
    Congrats. :shades:
  • Options
    siennaseekersiennaseeker Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Congrat! Sounds like you got a great deal! We are shopping for a limited as well. I was wondering if your vehicle included any of the following:
    Dynamic Laser Cruise and HID headlamps
    Powered 3rd row seats
    Daytime running lights
    Tow prep package

Thank you in advance for the information.

Stephen
  • Options
    Stephen,
    Thanks. ours does not have the Laser Cruise or the HID headlamps. I don't believe it has the tow prep package either. However it does have the power folding 3rd row seats and the daytime running lights.

I'm not sure if you have kids or not, but if the DVD is an important factor to you and your daily use of the van..i would really bring a dvd with you to the car lot and test it out in advance and see how you like it first. that's one thing that has been annoying to me so far. the dvd has to be inserted in the actual screen area (not in the dash, easy for the driver to use). and you only have the remote to use (facing backwards towards the back) in order to control it. there are no controls while driving. and with young kids like i have, it's frustrating. i wasn't aware of the lack of controls before we purchased the van. (our sales person was unknowlegeable and we just assumed there would be controls for the driver to use while the van was in motion).

other than that feature, i really love the sienna. however..dvd is a must with four young kids and i'm almost thinking it would of been better to go with the Odyssey just for the dvd if nothing else.
    hope i helped.
    holly
  • Options
    siennaseekersiennaseeker Member Posts: 2
    Our number two is coming that's why we are looking for a minivan. In California, they put this regional packages (Laser, HID, tow prep, etc) so I am kind of stuck with the options that I don't really care about. I thought the 08 version has some control of the Rear Entertain System and I am not planning no swapping DVD's while driving. I remembered the Odyssey has the DVD loading in the front. That is a good point. Thanks for the information.

Stephen
  • Options
    sienamansienaman Member Posts: 5
    Just got an XLE FWD with EVP #2, fog lights, mats, and 17" alloys for $28,300. This price is $779 less than invoice for reference. By invoice, I mean standard invoice per Edmunds (which includes holdback and wholesale fin reserve) + destination + TDA + gas (which are not included in Edmunds invoice).

I posted my deal because I got so many pointers from this board. Hope this can help others. I was going for $1,000 under but this offer was much better than others in the area.

I emailed 11 dealers, and really only got 2 than were anywhere near reasonable. Several didn't even respond, others didn't take me seriously!! I just emailed and refused to verbally negotiate. I just think this is the ONLY approach to use. The dealership I bought it from also had the Sienna I wanted on the lot!
  • Options
    chen123dianchen123dian Member Posts: 1
    Hi, did you buy it. We are also looking for LE-7. It will be very kind of you to let us know whether your price $25310 including rebate is final drive out price. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    mendicantmendicant Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been delved into before, but is going through costco worth it or can I do better just dealing with the fleet mgr. Thanks.
  • Options
    chuckee1chuckee1 Member Posts: 8
    Does this include the $1000 rebate offered by toyota?
  • Options
    fastfred3fastfred3 Member Posts: 4
    Is this charge fixed or another item that can be negotiated
  • Options
    That price was before taking out the rebate. I took the financing instead, so that was my price.
  • Options
    My reply would be to focus on working down the total price of the vehicle, before tax and title by getting total prices from several dealers. The components are really only useful in analyzing how a dealer may approach a sales offer and making sure you are comparing apples to apples.

In the end, the whole package is "negotiable". My overall advice is not to waste time in showrooms, use only email or phone. Show no commitment. By email and phone, you can quickly weed out dealers that have no interest in being competitive. Several dealers out there only focus on low volume, high margin sales. That's their business model.
  • Options
    jcmlsjcmls Member Posts: 2
    Yes, we bought it and that was our final price including the rebate. We bought in Missouri and live in Kansas so we had to pay tax and title seperately. I think we did "OK" on the price but I think we could have done better. If I had it to do again (I did a little more research), I think we could have done $500-$1000 better. It's hard to say though. Good luck!
  • Options
    Did anyone buy from 355 or fitzmall even if you are not living in MD? My local dealer wont price match their price and I live 350 miles away from them. And are they reliable dealers?
  • Options
    Yes, I've used both, actually.

We bought our 2002 Legacy from Fitz Subaru, and had a great experience. The Toyota franchise has the same owner and it actually in the same building, on the opposite side. I don't see why it would be a different experience.

I bought my 2007 Sienna at 355. I called in advance to get a complete price and told them I was bringing a cashier's check for that exact amount. It matched to the penny. :shades:
  • Options
    Thanks, ateixeira.
    355 had a special $1500 under its internet price for the last week of April (not stackable with toyota's promotion). And for May, toyota has $1500 rebate on Sienna, don't know if 355 still has specials (i guess $2000?) to match for this month.
  • Options
    onemadmapperonemadmapper Member Posts: 6
    mendicant, I'd deal directly with the internet/fleet rep at the dealership. I tried going the Costco route and the dealership wouldn't budge from the quoted price. I'm now barginning with another dealership and am 1,000.00 below the quoted Costco price for the exact same unit... Just my thoughts...
  • Options
    Hi All, I've enjoyed researching this forum to see what others have paid for their Sienna's... It seems to be a matter of location and one's ability to drive the dealer down to bare bone pricing... With that in mind, here's what I've been able to get the deal down to, 29,500 out the door for an XLE w/ options EJ, AW, LF, PC, QJ, TO, RF, CF, doc. fees and tag (no tax here in OR). The 29,500 includes the current 2K rebate... I think I need to pull the trigger on this deal considering this unit MSRP's for 35,457 (including doc and tags)...
  • Options
    where did the current 2k rebate come from? Toyota only has $1500 rebate starting from May.
    And is your XLE AWD or FWD?
  • Options
    The 2K rebate is effective from 05/01/08 to 06/02/08 in the Pacific Northwest... It's a fwd XLE and it's scheduled to be built in two weeks... And delivered two weeks after that... I guess I just get to sit and wait now...
  • Options
    azwaterdogazwaterdog Member Posts: 1
    Sienaman, when emailing a dealer for a price quote any suggestions on how to phrase things?
  • Options
    mendicantmendicant Member Posts: 2
    Thanks mapper. That's what I was curious about. When the time comes, I'll just hit up the internet/fleet person.
  • Options
    So, my suggestion is research the dealers in your area, select the better performers and volume dealers. Look for President's Club dealers, they've earned high customer satisfaction ratings based on customer feedback. My tactic was to define exactly what I wanted, color and options and ask for the specific pricing, including DMV, documentation and title fees (tax if applicable). I used Consumer Reports to get the actual dealer cost and made my first counter offers at 500.00 above true dealer cost (invoice - rebate - holdback - ad. fees + 500 = initial offer). My deal ended up at 947 above true dealer invoice for a unit being built on 5/8. Pretty good price considering it's not on the lot costing them money. As a side note, all my dealing was done via email. When there was an agreed to price, in writing in the email, only then did I call the dealership that won the bidding war. No sales managers, no sales floor pressure, no "today only pricing"... This is the only way to buy in my opinion... Good luck in your endeavor...
  • Options
    enxagaenxaga Member Posts: 30
    any good deals on a LE 8 out there? please post numbers I'm in southern cali :confuse:
  • Options
    ellietteelliette Member Posts: 7
    Go to the Toyota dealership in Irvine and ask for the fleet manager. He was the most honest, fair and gave me the best price with no haggles. I purchased a 8 pass Le for 500.00 UNDER invoice plus he gave me the Toyota cash incentive! Can't beat this!
    Good luck.
    P.S. The Carlsbad Toyota was a close second but did not like them as well. They were higher pressure.
  • Options
    enxagaenxaga Member Posts: 30
    Thanks, can you post your numbers? I would like the names also thanks :D
  • Options
    laurenpedorenlaurenpedoren Member Posts: 15
    HI WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THESE NUMBERS. EVP#3 30,184 +TTL EVP#4 31,531 THANK YOU!
  • Options
    Hi laurenpedoren,

Consumer Reports New Car Price Service says:

Invoice for the units (invoice - holdback + destination) is:

XLE w/ Package 3 - 29,174
    XLE w/ Package 4 - 31,752

Add to that TTL and what you consider a reasonable profit for the dealer minus your rebate and that should give you your real pricing.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large national newspaper is interested in talking with owners who had considered purchasing a Chrysler Town & Country or Dodge Caravan. If you had considered one of these vehicles and purchased another one instead, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 9.
  • Options
    HI MAPPER THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER A RESONABLE PROFIT. I THINK 500 TO 1000 $ IAM NOT SURE . SO 31752 -1500 REBATE=30252+PROFIT=500=30752+TTL FOR PACKAGE 4 WITCH I REALY WANT. JUST GOT NEW# 31014 PAKAGE 4 . SOUNDS LIKE IAM PRETTY CLOSE.
  • Options
    Lauren, I can't tell you what's best for you, but either price 30,752 or 31,014 are both good prices... Make an offer at 30, 750 and see what happens, you can always come up a few more dollars to close the deal... I wish you luck!!!!
  • Options
    bobisiennabobisienna Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mapper, I am also in OR and thinking about 2008 7 passenger Sienna LE with AW, TO, PKG#2. Which dealer do you deal with? Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    txcowboy123txcowboy123 Member Posts: 3
    From my buying experience, Costco program is not worthy for saving money. Its quote is higher than most internet sale's prices. If I negotiated more with Costco's fleet manager, he's willing to lower the price. I ended up to buy from direct internet sales department in Red McCombs in San Antonio, TX. I searched in Houston, Dallas as well. Red McCombs had the best price and the salesman Danny was so friendly and straight forward, no pressure. I picked up the van at the price we agreed via email. The whole process lasted about one hour.
  • Options
    letsboogiedownletsboogiedown Member Posts: 3
    Hi! This forum is wonderful, I was lucky to have found it. I have been watching this forum for a couple of months and I'm proud to announce that we just came back from closing the deal on our new Sienna! I used Edmund's.com, Consumer Reports, and OneMadMapper's May 03 post to develop my strategy.

The vehicle I bought is the '08 Sienna Limited AWD with CF, HZ, QL, TO, and RM.

MSRP: $42,001
    The dealer cost that I calculated was: $35,927
    (ie. Invoice - Advert fee - dealer holdback) Subtract the incentive as well if that's how you're negotiating.

I added $500, and I started negotiating at that number ($36, 427) and ended at $36,700 on the phone with the sales manager. After this price was reached, I was able to choose my incentive ($1500 vs 1.9% APR). In the end, 5% tax, documentation fees (~200), and state registration fees were added. My calculated profit for the dealer is $773.

That's it! I think we got an excellent value. After closing the deal, the dealership did note that that Sienna (Pine Mica) had been on the lot for 73 days. I think that's towards the long end and they were happy to have sold it. (Just the color that I was looking for, too!)

I hope this helps other buyers. Happy hunting!

PS. In case you're wondering, the dealership is Ira Toyota in Danvers, MA. It helps to negotiate a deal like this at a high-volume, low-margin dealership.
  • Options
    chiragmpchiragmp Member Posts: 8
    Hi:

What should I expect to pay OTD for Sienna XLE w/ navigation, entertainment, towing, alloy wheels, fog lamps, and floor mats? I think the individual packages would be QN, TO, AW, LF, and CF. I am in northern California (silicon valley). I have a quote of $30922 (includes destination charge and $2000 cash back but excludes TTL). Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    HI CHIRAGMP MY BEST PRICE WAS 30.849 ( CHICAGO) SO YOUR RIGHT THERE. INVOICE IS 31.752 MINUS 1500 REBATE THEN AD FOR DEALER PROFIT. READ BACK A FEW POSTS TO MINE AND ONEMADMAPPERS. THAT WILL HELP. GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    wcguywcguy Member Posts: 1
    Question on the rebate. Is it applied before or after the state taxes are calculated? I'm in Calif. Thanks for any info.