Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    teo: I wonder how hard it would be to get on into Canada. Not sure if the regulations are the same or different up here.

9899olds : Have not heard anything about Cambridge. Kind of odd.

Off to the Molson Indy tomorrow and Sunday. We shall see some real horse power there. Unfortunately sponsorship has gone from GM to DC so I have to look at those ugly Dodge trucks all day. At least they will have a Viper pace car.
  • focus18focus18 Member Posts: 28
    Toyota has applied to the court to block the vote. That's why we won't know either way.
  • 9899olds9899olds Member Posts: 202
    Sounds like it is still alive and one party does not like the outcome!!! Toyota deserves the CAW..

dindak::::::The last time we looked your country is tops for regulations and taxes..Maybe you could buy one in kit form and assemble it.

lee18:::::the FWD allowed the auto guys a great pkging deal and they have really done a good job on the reliability end..Of course I don't know of any racing rigs set up with FWD..The return to RWD is welcomed for the warmer climates; but the auto industry hasn't really spent alot of money in developing the RWD technology on the passenger car side..Ford cranks out a ton of RWD larger cars; but they are still trying to figure how to build a reliable automatic trans..Maybe Ford should go back to the manual 3spd w/overdrive of the late 40s and early 50s..We had five overdrive V-8 Fords, 49 thru 53 with the 49 and 50 models as the wild ones..Never a hint of transmission problem..

Ha-Ha....the good old days of free spirit motoring; long before the govt realized that the their expertise was needed to produce idiot-proof cars!!!

teo::::::Talk about Chevrolet and dull cars; pre/postWWII Chevrolet cars were all 6 cylinder with no pressured oil lubrication system until the 1953 I-6..Ford ate Chevys lunch everyday until the 55 Chev V-8 came along.. Ford also offered a flat head straight 6 in 49,50 and maybe 51 that would outrun the V-8s..great times!!!!

Back to bed, it's 2:37 am, woke up, couldn't sleep and after reminiscing about the old days, ready to catch some shut-eye..
  • wmatystiwmatysti Member Posts: 15
    I was on the interstate last night, driving along in the right lane with cruise control set @ 80. Having gone miles with only three or four other cars around, I see two cars comming fast through my rearview mirror. I immediately knew they had to be either Acura's or Euro's because they had the real HID headlights. They wound up being a 328i and a 2.8 A4. These guys are probably pushing 95+ in the left and center lanes. I don't know what possesed me, put as soon as the bimmer in the middle lane was beside me, I stomped the pedal and took off. The three of us switched places for a while, and I had no problem keeping up. A few minutes later I look down and I'm cruisng around 108. At this point, the Audi had backed off into the right lane and dropped back. It was just the BMW and me now. He seemes suprised at how well I was keeping up to him. We would get to 110, coast down, and he would try to pound ahead of me but I would just floor it and be right there next to him again. Well, I aparanlty made him angry because he's not slowing down or coasting anymore. It's floored from now on-- We're creeping: 95-106-110-115-120-125 and then BAM! 129 and my engine cuts off! I was close too! What upset me most was the fact that I know the 3.5 has a lot of power left at 129! She could have pushed to 140 before I would have backed away. I don't think I was near redline in 4th either. There is definitely power left in the tripple digits for this baby. Now I don't drive like this too often, but the big question: IS THERE A WAY TO GET RID OF THE ELECTRONIC SPEED LIMITER? It was an option on my 300m (with the touring edition), is there a user servicable part I can remove/install to kill the cut off at 130? Have fun with this baby on the parkway, she's got a hell of a bite!
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    Hoping there was no one else on the road with you.
    A crash at 130 mph is not a pretty sight.

I think your supposition that the intrigue will do 140 mph is valid.
    To give you an example. My camaro weighs 3400 lbs. Same as the intrigue. It has 215 hp. Same as the intrigue. I have had it up to 129 mph. With it still accelerating. The car magazines of the day said it would do 134 mph.

The intrigue is a taller car than the camaro but probably as aerodynamic. The intrigue makes its power in the midrange and above. The camaro down low. I feel that 140 mph or even 142 is possible in the intrigue.
    Now you just have to figure out how to disable the speed limiter in the chip.
  • wmatystiwmatysti Member Posts: 15
    b4z: Yeah, don't worry, the road was clear and it was a straight run. I may be stupid by doing 130MPH but if I'm smart about it, I can have fun every once in a while. What year/model/make is your camaro? My sister drives a red Z28 SS (325 horses!) which cuts out at around 140.
  • jimxojimxo Member Posts: 423
    My wife has an opportunity to buy her father's 2000 intrigue sterling package with every available option. He was a GM employee and paid below invoice for the car less a $1500.00 rebate at that time.

He really wants a caddy so has offered the car to her at $20,000.00 with no interest on the monthly installments.

The car has only 2500 miles on it. I don't think a new 2001 can be had for this price can it? She is looking at a payment at $335.00 with no down payment on the 20k.

Would we be foolish to pass this up?
    You can't run the redline on the 3.5 in 4th..It's a rock and roll car almost 1/2 price of the Euros and Pacific Rim guys that regularly scares them to have a sedate 4dr hanging right with them..I think the people at Ramchargers can satisfy your quest for speed..

Your tires may be low-rated for the removal of the limit.

I assume you have an 01 w/PCS.
    He couldn't sell it on the street for that price for its a two yr old car with a rotten resale value..Father-laws are tough..It's hard to deal with family..

Go to an Olds dealer and see what the trade-in value might be and look at the want-ads of private party sales..$17k is tops in my estimation; but then you have to keep harmony btw the family members..

Nice car but the public hasn't caught on to it's greatness..If you are going to keep it forever then you won't get hurt..Warranty is getting short..
  • evandroevandro Member Posts: 1,108
    I couldn't believe the messages touting Opel cars! I've had Opel cars and they don't even come close to american GM cars! They are underpowered, cramped, cheap interior, very much like any main stream european car.

I can only think that people mention Opel out of the mesmerization about foreign cars, forgetting that the foreign cars that make to these shores are the creme de la creme in their countries of origin! Yet, most are sold in the US as run of the mill cars.

Forget Opel just like Peugeot, Renault and Fiat were...
    1987 IROC 5.0 TPI 5 speed, 3.45 limited slip rearend, engine oil cooler, 4 wheel disc brakes, low option car, bright blue metallic.
    We had 5 days in a row in the edmunds top 10 most active threads. Not bad for a car that won't be around too much longer.
  • redly_oneredly_one Member Posts: 122
    In case you weren't aware, since your father-in-law was a GM employee, you (or more specifically, your wife) are entitled to the GM employee discount also.

Last time I checked, it was in the neighborhood of 15% off MSRP.

Assuming it is a loaded GLS, with the employee discount and current rebate, you could get a brand new Intrigue GLS with the 5 year/60000 mile warranty for $22990 (MSRP($29400 - 15% - $2000 rebate = $22990)

Something to think about. Odds are the 01, or if you wait, 02, will be of better quality and have the better warranty than his 00 Intrigue, plus you can get whatever color you want. You could save more with less options, also.

You could save even more if you just bought mine!!!

Food for thought :)
  • jimxojimxo Member Posts: 423
    I appreciate the feedback. I checked the dealer and kbb.com, trade in value is $17,000.00 and retail about 20K.

I guess if I keep it 5 plus years it will be a good car. I also took into consideration that if I want to trade out of this car in a few years I will take a beating.

IM thinking for 20K and no interest on the loan payments. It would be hard to find a car with a V-6 and so many options else where.

Thanks again
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Speaking of the Intrigue not being around much longer, I was talking to the sales manager at my local dealership today and he said Olds has to give them 12 months notice before stopping a model. He said May '02 there will be no more Intrigues or Aurora 3.5's. So Olds must have given them notice two months ago.

I think he also mentioned a new exterior color coming soon for the Intrigue. Maybe it was the Aurora. I know the polo green is supposed to be out soon, but I haven't seen any. He also said Intrigues are selling like hotcakes. Has a lot full of Aleros, but only a handful of Intrigues. He only has one GL that he had to transport to Dallas from Houston. Apparently demand is very high right now, I believe they sold 38 last month.
    Sales are down for all olds models compared to June '00. Even the aurora that was selling like hot cakes at the beginning of the year is languishing. The alero which was a hot seller has slowed a little bit too.
    I attribute the intrigue's slower sales to the lack of inventory. Dealer's were caught off guard by the announcement. Some ordered less and were not prepared for the demand. Olds allocated only so much for manufacture and was unable to meet orders.
  • vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    On a group buy special for $295USD. I believe this is the same one 9899olds has installed on his 99.

SLP Exhaust

• white6white6 Member Posts: 588
    Building cars with front wheel drive is purely an economic consideration. It is cheaper to design and build a fwd car vs. rwd car, all else being equal. BTW, Germany has plenty of bad weather and last time I checked, neither MB or BMW made a front wheel drive car. Also, FWD cars may have only a third of their weight on the rear wheels, but most rear-drivers have close to half on the rear wheels. BMW and many others wax poetic about 50/50 weight distribution in their models. Plus, when a car accelerates, weight is transferred rearward... increasing traction for the rear wheels. If your car has front wheel drive, you are actually decreasing traction to the drive wheels when you accelerate. That all said, my wife said she will never have another rear-drive vehicle... she has been hooked by the hype. I have never noticed any torque-steer in our 3.5 Intrigue, even under hard acceleration and violent down-shifts. However, drive a 300-hp Northstar Cadillac STS, and the story is VERY different. I floored it from about 30mph and it changed lanes to the left all by itself! It did it so hard and quick (I admit I was caught off guard) that I almost had a head-on with another car.
  • jg28jg28 Member Posts: 257
    Evandro: I think you have yet to see the latest products on the GM Sigma platform. The Saab I've seen looks great, just like a Saab should. But the Opel ALSO looks very nice. Clean lines, attractive European styling. The powerplants have lagged behind but I believe will catch up. There is much promise for Opel both in Europe and here in America. I showed a picture of one of the new Opels in the pipeline to one of my female colleagues who has her heart set on a Passat. And she said "wow, that is one nice looking car!" Enough said.
  • jgriffjgriff Member Posts: 362
    redline65 ::: Purchase the 98 in Oct. of 99. It was a crimson-red GL w/ neutral leather, BOSE, and the dreaded autobahn package [build date I believe was May-98]. MSRP was around 25.5, I paid just a shade over 20 for it [it some hail damage that was fixed]. Drove it for 18 months [18k miles] and sold it for 15k even [broke even on the GM 5.9% loan].

9899-olds ::: You can save your typing fingers, I know why & where you stand on the dom./forg. issues. Keep in mind we live in a very global economy, a lot of auto workers are very happy to be working and cashing a check, and not having the UAW hanging over them, or plant closings.
  • lee18lee18 Member Posts: 45
    No question about it RWD (or AWD) is much preferred over FWD for high performance cars. And if I lived in the southern U.S. I would probably still be driving RWD cars, if only so I didn't have to worry about the cost of CV repairs.

I don't do mountain rally racing and I don't need an uber-priced autobahn cruiser, I want a car that can get me out of my driveway in the winter. Maybe in Germany they still prefer RWD, but in Scandinavia, where they know a thing or two about winter driving, they build their cars with FWD (or 4WD).

BMW may have achieved a magic 50:50 weight ratio in their m-roadster, but that requires a lot of design compromises and most RWD sedans are (were) usually in the low 40% range for rear end weight at best.

As far as weight transfer rearward helping RWD cars, that's great if you want to smoke your tires leaving a stop light, but it helps nada for average driveing, and certainly not for ice driving.

Have I been "hooked by the hype"? Well, I spent many a frustrating winter with RWD cars, but driving the FWD's in the winter has been a huge improvement, and it sure hasn't hurt my warm weather driving needs. So I'm definitely hooked.

Maybe somebody could (or does) make a RWD car that can get me around as confidently in ice and snow as the average FWD car, but I doubt I could afford it.
    vcjumper:::::it's the same exhaust system that was installed on my 99 3.5 by the Olds dealer about 15k miles ago..Eliminates the resonator so you have a 2 1/2" SS pipe from the converter to the new rear muffler..

jgriff::::::You may make your money from the new World ecomony; but all my income has come from the old world setup..I find the new world ecomony tends to eliminate certain domestic basic industries called forging, castings and steel..Remember the dot coms where everybody just sits in front of a monitor and becomes a zillionaire..

What the new world ecomony means to us is that our basic industries are being performed by other countries where the wages are zilch and no laws..

What was so wrong with the autobahn pkg???? The front rotors were no better or worse than the std rotor..It was a reasonable priced pkg which included speed-rated tires and upped the top end to 130mph..I had the rotors replaced on the 98 and 99 rears only..I had the pads replaced on both cars and the brakes are marginal..

I will have the front rotors turned one more time and the rears won't need any tweaking until I dump the beast.. My cost for driving two new GLS loaded Intrigues for 80k miles will be $12,000..or approx $300/mo over 40 mos..Not bad at all..I own the cars..
    It's near impossible to declare a Z-28, 100% business expense...Nothing like a nice sedate 4 dr sedan--80k miles worth!! Sounds logical to me..
    After all it's a stodgy old Olds.. Mileage deduction.. We have a bunch of self-employed posters; wake up to the fun w/o cost..
    9899olds : #1 in taxes but the U.S. has stiffer regulations than Canada in many area. I think Toyota deserves the UAW/CAW also.

bz4 : Pretty stupid of GM to slap on huge rebates, financing and extended warranties while cutting production at the same time.

Was at the Molson Indy today. What a great time. Hot women, cold beer and fast cars. God bless car racing!! I think I got way too much sun though. Ouch!
    after all these years. Congratulations on our top 10 position. Why would the toyota plant "deserve" the uaw/caw? This toyota plant was already voted the best in north america. While they are nice in terms of protecting jobs, it has not done anyting substantial in terms of improved quality, lower cost and being more efficient.
    Watched some of the race in the clubroom after golf and looked like a Saturday night demolition derby. I don't really go for these improvised race circuits such as Toronto and Detroit-too restricted..The sights are most of the fun at one of those events..

Detroit had the Gold Cup Hydro races this weekend along with the PGA Senior golf tournment in Dearborn..Great summer weekend in the Motor City..

It is definitely true that GM is allocating Intrigue production and the 02 model run is going to be slim pickings..They will control it to avoid excessive part inventories for the suppliers are put in a difficult position to keep tooling in top shape with limited quantities to run..

I have got to get after the Camaro build-out program..
    Great race. Good to see Andretti win one. Old guys can still drive. LOL.
    Its been 6 years since i have been to a CART race. Unfortunately no Open wheel here in the South.
  • jgriffjgriff Member Posts: 362
    lee18 ::: Well stated on FWD vs. RWD.

9899olds ::: Keep a couple of things in mind, (1) a lot of GM stuff comes from Canada & Mexico, (2) It is all about numbers [the bottom line], you can do all the costing cutting you want but if you are producing inferior product(s), you are going to lose future & repeat sales opportunities.

[keeping it brief and about the Intrigue]

Oldsmobile really needed to release the Intrigue on a Lexus level, in order to have an real good crack at the competition.

I am sure it was just my perception, but I associated the autobahn with having more failures than norm for brakes. But it seems that the both style of Intrigue brakes have more than their share of problems.
    Jg28, I've had an Ascona for over 5 years and was about to get a Vectra. I know this car very well, having driven one as a company car for a few weeks. Yes, it has an amazing style and its platform is used in all Saab cars. But I still maintain my opinion that it's cramped and underpowered for american standards...

If you want an Opel, the new Catera is the German Omega. That's Opel's top of the line: cramped and underpowered, yet comparable to a Passat, hyped and overpriced. ;^)
    White6, MB makes the FWD sub-compact, super-ugly A class in Germany and in Brazil. See http://www.mercedesbenz.com/e/cars/a-class/default.htm.
  • one2oneone2one Member Posts: 626
    This is an automotive beauty! Hard to imagine that it came out as a '51 concept car. Tone down the jet-inspired looks and it could easily make the concept car circuit now. GM needs to give it's designers a class on how they used to design cars. The best designs out today from GM IMO are the Classic Aurora, Intrigue (my personal favorite :-) and Alero.
    I can see that you didn't understand what I said about the new world ecomony..Canada is a great market and not a cheap producer of products..Mexico is a not a viable market; but a cheap producer of products.. I represent a Canadian supplier and they don't compete with the Pacific rim guys or Mexico..Anyway, enough of this banter because the forest is becoming dense..

The Lexus system was initially setup by the good old boys--all car dealers themselves usually doing the Big 3 stores..I imagine they provide a overpriced car for the money and keep the production low which boosts the mystic and resale..I will not pay 30+ for a car that bears kin to a Camary...period..Next strike against is the dealer setup; 25 miles away due west or north from the house..Lastly; both owned by the same party..

Let's face it; I am a dyed-in-the-wool Yankee Doodle Dandy car buyer.. My only two defections were the early Porsches and my father nearly disowned me..Porsche is a truly outstanding set of wheels; but my bloodline is more prone to Z-28s and its competitors..
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Lexus has two vehicles that bear kin to Camry and one that bears kin to Corolla. I'm not a fan either.
  • swagledswagled Member Posts: 195
    What kinds of effects did the cat-back exhaust have on your 3.5L car? Notice any negative effects (loss of low-end power, noise)? How much high end did you gain?
    fit both 3.8 and 3.5?
    Check out the impala site. Impalaboy2001 has put some really great looking 18" rims on his car. A company called ICW makes them and they have some rims that might fit the intrigue.
    The proper tire size for an intrigue with 18" wheels should be around 245/45R-18.
    The car is no fireball off the line; but mid-range and top end feel stronger..With the windows and sunroof open you can certainly tell a difference in the noise levels..One tends to mash the gas a bit more..it emits a growl that has a sporty flair..Coasting down from triple digits to 80 let's one know that the engine is turned on..

My gas mileage is improved but i really don't try to save there; just a bonus in spite of my driving habits..

normally I don't mess with the cars but this was one option where I could obtain a HP gain and add other improvements w/o alteration to the basic routing.. Easy installation by my Olds dealer..Charged me $30.00..

It can't be too bad for my wife drives the car alot and her normal wheel is a quiet Caddy. She likes to take mine to places where she doesn't like to take her car.. She has been on some 250 trips with me where we do the 85+ through to Niagara Falls so it is not loud; but again I am a senior who maybe doesn't hear as well..
    jgriff::::::You were complaining about the Intrigue brakes; I was appalled to read on the Edmunds sport car,and convertible forum where a special topic was created called: Acura 2000TL brake problems @15k miles.. It's collecting interest and seems to have many victims..

I spread the cheer!!!
  • teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    Not surprisingly I too experienced premature brake wear on my 1997 Acura 2.5TL. The rear pads were goners by 18K miles followed by the front pads @ 20K miles. In both instances Acura's reply was..."Brakes are a wear and tear item, therefore you have to swallow the cost of new pads + labor".

Never had a car that ate brakes so much.

My sister's '99 Accord LX is having similar problems with the front brakes.

Honda has always had brake durability issues.
    9899olds : Ya, I prefer the road courses but the crash are fun to watch.

bz4 : NASCAR is so big down there I don't think CART would attract a very big crowd. They have done well in Houston though.

RE : Acura brakes. My buddy's TL had the brakes changed once in 88K kms. I didn't think that was unusual.
    I have tried to like this type of race but it does sure bore me enough to make me fall alsleep in front of the TV.

Going around a big loop always steering to the left.

I have come to the conclusion that people in this country have no idea about exciting races. Nascar turns interesting when there is a crash. Otherwise the same going around and around silliness.

Give me Formula 1, GTO, Cart, Rally, etc, etc.
    teo::::the South is Nascar, and CHEVROLET.... Nothing wrong with watching cars go round and round except if it takes away from wax time!!!

Would you rather watch a wad of Pacific Rim cars with their fart pipes go at it??????

I kinda like nascar..It's a very important part of the domestic auto scene whether you realize it or not!!!! I want you to look at the sponsors and see where their interest lies..
    Nascar is boring and that's the plain truth to it. I much prefer to see races involving Japanese or European cars.

Nascar is just a huge money making machine and that's about it.

It displays cars that are not even in production...GM's with RWD, a 2-door Ford Taurus with RWD and a Dodge Intrepid 2-door with RWD.

Perhaps NASCAR is in the fiber of the American Automotive culture but it doesn't mean is the best thing on earth.

It would be more interesting perhaps if they would take a real production car, make a few mods and shoot ot down the track..different story.

But those fiberglass cartoonish looking cars just don't cut it.

I like Chevy but NASCAR is not one of my favorite aspects about them

The Asians and Europeans do know how to make racing an interesting sport. We don't.
  • mosaixmosaix Member Posts: 106
    Hey all, I've been seriously considering a 2001 Intrigue and had a sales person try to locate several. I want either Midnight Blue, Black, or Bronzemist in that order and they must be a GLS with the Bose audio system and PCS package. As of today, the only one located and available for trade is a Bronzemist(3rd choice) and it is a demo with 600 miles on it and is about 250 miles away. My question is this, are these cars really this rare?? I see quite a few Intrigues on the road and I can't imagine why these are so hard to find. Even with 600 miles, they said they couldn't discount it any more as it would still be considered new and the warranty would start from the day I take delivery. I understand that, but 600 miles is still 600 miles and if I'm paying the price for a brand new car, I want it to have fewer miles, preferably under 100. If this is the way Olds does business then I guess they deserve what they got. I mean how do you expect to sell cars when you don't even have product to sell?
    Olds is shutting down and the dealer is your contact..What he choses to charge is his business for maybe after he sells you a car he is going out of business???

After all you are talking about a supply of a single car..I wouldn't buy it for it will bother you as long as you see the car..You have no control over the situation.. That is the reason I got involved with Intrigue in the first place; for the Pontiac dealer was low on cars so it was not a deal..There were more Intrigues available..

teo:::::I am stunned over your explanation of racing and how you preceive the American guys..You realize Miami is a long way from Detroit and now I know why the Big 3 is taking gas in the SE corner..

b4z::::Put my Mich home on the real estate market today so the battle begins. really don't want to move until next summer; but certain things are beginning to bother me about the economy and the 5 containers of furniture stored in Fla need a home.. haven't had time to do any Camaroing as yet..Give me a note..

tomorrow is golf starting at 9:15 so I won't be firing any comments.. Thursday is a travel day-a 400 miler for some business dealings..
    teo : NASCAR is much better in person. Saw a good one down at Charlotte a few years ago. That being said I like open wheel racing best whether it's street, road or ovals. If you want to see a great oval race, check out the last ever Michigan 500 this coming Sunday on ABC. We went down last year and it was an absolute thrill!

mosaic : I think the 2000's are out of production now. If I were you I would order a 2001 provided you can get comparable financing and/or rebates.
    My sentiment exactly. The deserve what they got. I have been shopping around for a new intrigue as well, my experiences with chevrolet dealers are all negative. GM put out several full page ads on the intrigue GL and most of them not even aware of it. Extremely poor product knowledges, questionable tactics, slow response time (how about never). In contrast, last year I purchased a ford focus via the interned, the dealer got back to me in 24 hours, showed me the invoice price plus $500 profit; I shopped around but found no one can match this price. Done Deal!
    That's why I am holding out for the 02. Ask how much they will give you (as a trade in) for a slightly used 01 Intrigue with 600 miles on it, still under warranty, of course!
    Didn't you mean the 2001's are out of production?

NASCAR is all about the personalities. Competition is kept close so the fans can relate and cheer for their favorite driver.
    This is similiar to ABC's Up Close and Personal stories on the Olympics. Personalizing the competitors is the key.
    When CART realizes they need to promote the drivers they will see some successs.

While i am a technology hound most people are not. NASCAR would interest me a lot more if they were running OHC motors with fuel injection. Mufflers. And about 500lbs lighter. But that ain't happening.

F1 is popular in Europe because they want to obliterate their opponent. They don't want to just win. They want to emabarass the other guy.
    If a car laps its opponents they cheer him on because he deserves it.

In America we throw a caution flag, due to "debris on the racetrack". Its not a good show if the other guy wins by too much.
  • mosaixmosaix Member Posts: 106
    Are 2002s available to order and are they discounting them? Part of the Intrigue deal is $100 over invoice and then $2000 cash back and that was what tempted me as it is a nice car with alot of features. Now that one that I want is not available, I don't know what I'm going to look at. I stopped off at a Chrysler dealer this evening and noticed they had 3 times as many used vehicles as new ones. And this is a large and well known dealer. What is the deal with car dealers these days..Do they not sell their brands? I mean Olds has few Intrigues and Chrysler has virtually nothing new but minivans and 1 and 2 year old program cars on their lot.
    Why a GLS. The GL is a far better deal. One of the best cars available for 26.5K. A GLS is 28-30K. Thats near lux territory.
    Get a GL with leather,PCS and Bose and save a couple of thousand.