Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• PortlandOregonPortlandOregon Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have advice on which dealer to go to in Portland? Let me know if anyone has bought a Sienna in Portland recently. Thanks.
  • chuquechuque Member Posts: 6
    New to the forum, but keeping in touch as visitor for years now.

Just wanted to chime in for those in SF Bay Area...I was so close to pulling the trigger on a 2009 XLE package #2 last weekend. Had Piercey and Sunnyvale with the exact car I wanted, and a great price. Piercey was about $200 more. Wanted Blizzard Pearl with Taupe interior, VERY hard to find in NorCal. Anyway, went to Piercey first to give them chance for the business. Had one of the WORST experiences I'd ever had in my life there. First I showed up and they paged the guy I'd been working with on the phone. He never shows up. Instead, 30 minutes later, I ask for any other internet sales rep. One comes out and tells me the original guy I had been working with quit the day before. Nice. This after I made an appointment to meet him just two days before. Anyway, new guy reluctantly honors the deal made (500 under invoice). And then we get to the ugly part. I ask him if he can match Sunnyvale's deal (700 under). He goes and gets his manager, who obviously purposely states as he's walking into the room (to make sure within hearing distance of us) "then why did he even come here" (As in, if I had such a great deal from Sunnyvale why did I bother going to Piercey). I returned "so that I'd give you a chance at the business" (I'm a fair person, and honestly had a good experience dealing on the phone with the original salesman). At that point, he sticks his hand out to shake my hand, but never makes eye contact. I mean, what else are you looking at? After a few backs and forths, he is obviously either pretending to be very upset, or is very upset, and says "tell Sunnyvale that your trade in is worth XXXXX because it's worth XXXXX, and tell XX that I said hi". He storms out of the room, and then we walk away soon after. This description doesn't begin to explain the ugliness of the situation. I guess they are really snooty around there with their brand new shiny building and all of the empty offices there. Yeah, way to go Piercey. Hope business goes well for you.

Anyway, the experience at Sunnyvale was quite better, although we ended up not getting the Sienna (various other factors came into play, and a lunchtime discussion with the much smarter wife sealed the no-deal). About 3 hours later, at home, the Piercey salesman calls me back and leaves a message, asking me to call him if I didn't get the car at Sunnyvale. Yeah...right...good luck with that followup!

Anyway, Just wanted to share my own personal experiences. At the end of the day, we are going to wait 2-3 more years or so to get one. We figured by that time, the new model will be out (hopefully!) and Toyota would have had a year or two to fix any gliches with the new model.

I enjoy reading all the posts here from the various people, keep it up!
  • eric2006eric2006 Member Posts: 8
    Is this OTD price? Which dealer did you go? Thanks
  • sammy39sammy39 Member Posts: 5
    Wenhg-

I got the deal from Boch Toyota in Norwood (22,880 for 2009 LE EVP#1, mats & running lights/deicer). 2nd best price in my phone negotiations was Ira toyota in Danvers (~23,050).

Good luck,
    Sam
  • sammy39sammy39 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Eric-
    I listed the price I paid, before MA taxes and a ~$275 fee for all registration/paperwork.
    Sam
  • gocats911gocats911 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

I am on the market for 09 Sienna LE EVP#2 and got a quote $23,977 including $1500 MN rebate from a dealer. But he calculated tax based on price before rebate which is $25,477. The dealership said tax are calculated from the amount before rebate. I did research into IRS and seems the rebate are not taxable. Isn't $23,977 taxable amount?

Thank you,
    Ho
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    I can't speak specifically to Minnesota, but in most states, the rebate is taxable..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ppateppate Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I was quoted a price of $27,382+ttl. This is comprised of: $25,887 + $1495 (for dealer installed leather). I would also get 0% / 36 month financing or an extra $900 cash back.

Is this a decent price? I really don't care for option P4 and am indifferent towards options AL, WL, RL, WT.

Does anyone have experience with dealer installed leather vs. factory installed leather seats?

- Sienna LE, 8 passenger van
    AL 16" Alloy Wheel w/P215/65R16 Tires
    WL Wheel Locks
    FE 50 State Emissions
    P4 Vehicle Shield Package, Lusterizing Sealant, Sound Shield, Sealant Cleaner, Rental Car assistance
    QF LE EVP #2: Power Driver & -
    - Passenger Sliding Door, Rear Door -
    - Electronic Locking System, Trip Computer
    - w/Homelink and 8-Way Power Driver Seat
    RL Daytime Running Lights & Windshield Wiper
    WT Window Tint
    CF Carpet Mat Set
    - Carpet Floor Mats
    - Door Sill Protectors
    - Dealer installed leather seats
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    in my experience, dealer installed leather is usually nicer than the factory stuff. That being said, 1500 is too much. I recently was going to by a Mazda CX 9, they initially quoted me 1100.00, but came down to 600. When I bought my passat a few years back (granted less seats), they charged me 1,000 without blinking an eye. Looking back at it, I could have easily negotiated for less.
  • mom2cassemmom2cassem Member Posts: 4
    What are people paying for a Sienna XLE Ltd AWD with all the bells and whistles (Navigation, DVD, Heated Leather Seats, Backup Camera). We are in WA State.

Thanks!
  • novice08novice08 Member Posts: 6
    Toyota Sienna, XLE 2009, Option #3, with floor mats

OTD: $29, 083.50

Vienna, VA
    Jayshiv,

I'm getting an XLE 2009 Option #3 for $29, 083.50 Out the Door price. (This includes the floor mats and $1000 rebate. This is in Vienna, Va. Can you send me the details of your package, and where you purchased your vehicle from?

Thanks!
  • smusichsmusich Member Posts: 3
    I'm still deciding on whether to go with the Sienna AWD. A few responses spooked me about the Run Flat tires and that "AWD is overrated". Teat drove the Sienna and it was okay. Honda ruined the Pilot in the 2009 make over so that is out. Now considering the Highlander. Have not taken for a drive yet. Wondering if anyone did a compare and has an opinion.

Thanks!!

Steve
  • siennamamasiennamama Member Posts: 3
    For what its worth, I purchased a 2009 Toyota Sienna Limited with all those bells and whistles you mention, with the exception of the AWD for $34565 + TTL. I finanaced at 0% for 3 years, if I had paid cash I could have purchased for $33565. I'm afraid I don't know how much more you should expect to pay for AWD, but I thought my information might help.

Good luck - post what you end up with!
  • phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    I was quoted $36,400 (39,316 OTD w/o my trade-in) for a Sienna XLE AWD Limited with options FE, GV, HZ, QL, RM, TO, CF.

0% for 36 months.

The car has every significant option and they are giving me $1,200 over KBB value for my trade in.

I have the invoice price minus holdbacks at $36,147 (37,282 is full invoice). Normally I'd be comfortable this is an excellent deal, but we're living in strange, desperate times so I'd like to know if anyone has topped this or thinks I can do better.

Thanks!
    I was quoted $36,400 (39,316 OTD w/o my trade-in) for a Sienna XLE AWD Limited with options FE, GV, HZ, QL, RM, TO, CF.

0% for 36 months.

The car has every significant option and they are giving me $1,200 over KBB value for my trade in.

I have the invoice price minus holdbacks at $36,147 (37,282 is full invoice).
    AWD does not affect braking, but it definitely helps cornering and overall stability. Power to all 4 wheels will always help stick a turn if your back end starts to slide. AWD will also help alot in snowy conditions.
  • saber40saber40 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am looking for 2009 Sienna XLE with package no. 4 (Navigation etc.).
    I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Could someone tell me what would be a fair price for such a car in my area.
    The lowest guote I got from the local dealer is $32,850 (OTD everything included, rebate, taxes, etc.)

Is this a fair price, or I can do better.

Thanks,
    Tariq
  • tangjctangjc Member Posts: 7
    Hi jtchan83,

Can I ask what is your quoted price? How much is it below the invoice price. Since you got the rebate, did you then not getting the 0 APR financing?

Thanks,
    Junchi
  • pickanyonepickanyone Member Posts: 12
    I've been quoted $900 under invoice for a xle with option #4. There is $1000 customer cash in MD. Have not negotiated hard yet but am therefore currently looking at a little under 31k out the door. I intend to aim for closer to 30k but that might be unrealistic
    So I did my research, and thanks to this forum for educating me... I'm no longer a novice, but an expert.

Bought the car today, in VA.

I dealt with a sales manager over the phone for my entire transaction, from start to finish, and came into the dealership just to sign the papers which took about 2 hours.

I called several dealers in the area, and asked them to meet or beat the quoted price I was getting. None could even come close, and all 5 of them recommended that I jump at this deal because they would not be able to offer it to me.

So, this is what I got:

OTD price... includes carpets, 2 head phones, all the bells and whistles of the EVP #3, includes tags, taxes: $28, 783 (includes $1000 rebate).

I chose to take the 0% financing for 36 months, instead of the $1000 rebate.

I got a 7 yr/ 100 000 mile extended warranty for $1025

I chose to take the maintenance option (which I tried my best to negotiate the price, but was only able to get him to go down to $1150 for 4 year/55000 miles)

Total: $32, 010 (this includes warranty/maintenance taxes, fees everything).

The tell you the warranty will cost you $1700,. but if you deal with the manager over the phone and fix the price beforehand, this saves you a lot of time. I read that someone on this forum got it for $950 for 7yr/75,000 mile, but I was more than happy to get 7yr/100 000 for $1025. Not sure if I overpaid for the maintenance, but from what I've read here, sounds like I did pretty well.

Let me know what you think.... Buying this car through the internet and phone was the best experience I've had... and will never go into a dealership to negotiate again. Thank you all for your advice and help.
    Sorry, I included taxes. Price should be $28755 +TT and the good old $100 dealer processing fee.

I really want memory seats but the Limited is $3k more and all i can see that you get for that is dimming mirrors, memory and an awful fake wood steering wheel.
    If you don't mind, would you please list the exact options you received by their letter code? Also, what was the price pre-tax, title, etc? The taxes and fees vary by state and municipality so the OTD price has less meaning.

You also state that you passed on the $1000 rebate, but you subtracted it from your price? Can you clarify? Thanks.
    If you go on the Toyota website, and look at EVP #3, it lists everything that it comes with...all the options. The extra they included were the floor mats, many dealers don't include it, and they included 2 sets of head phones instead of 1. I don't have all the options written down...but everything that is in the EVP #3 is in the car.

The car price pre-tax was $ 29,715 (if I had gotten the rebate, it would have been
    $28, 715, but I added the $1000 b/c I chose to get financing). Add $1025 for the 7 year, 100000 mile warranty coverage, Add $1150 for maintenance/autocare/oil change for 4 years/55 000 miles, and add car taxes/title/tags/taxes for warranty/maintenance, you get 32, 010.

Hope this helps. Great time to buy a car before the end of the year. They are very willing to negotiate on anything.
    Which VA dealership did you buy from please?
  • EdgccEdgcc Member Posts: 1
    Sunnyvale Toyota (CA) is selling 2009 LE with Package #2 for $23388 (CF, FE, RL, QF, cash, after $1500 rebate, before title and tax). Is this a good price?

Thanks.
    Thank you for the information. As far as I know, you have a good deal.
    for some reason, I cannot get any offer lower than $31874 (base price) in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. With taxes and fees minus $1500 rebate the OTD price is $32,700.
    Pickanyone,

Could you please tell me what is the sales tax in MD?
    It is 6%

The $900 under invoive deal I was offered has not ended up being that after all. They are throwing in $1000 of advertising fees, holdback, and "financial reserve"

so the price works out at

31035 for an XLE with #4, TO, LF & AW

This price is without TTL. It is also the 0% price. I could take the $1000 customer cash but I think the interest savings for 0% for three years is more than $1000.

invoice for this vehicle is 30935 so they are really selling for 100 over invoice. Probably still an OK deal but not the one they offered.

I am confused as I thought Holdback was built into the invoice price and represented the profit that the dealer makes if they sell a car at invoice. I need to check.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    For me it was no contest: Sienna all the way.

Sienna actually costs less.
    Tons more space.
    The Highlander's 3rd row isn't split folding.
    Sienna had power doors (favorite feature)

I'm happy with my 2007 and would buy another if I had to do it again today.
    You are correct, invoice price is not what the dealer paid at all. "Invoice" includes holdback and other fees that represent profit for the dealer. Ask that they print their inventory report for the particular car you are interested in. It will list the invoice price for each option and the car overall, and itemize the "add-ins" that are included in the invoice price and CAN be negotiated out.

We just bought the exact car you are talking about for 30,800+TTL in Chicago. Premier extended warranty to 7 yrs/100,000 miles for extra $1050.
  • annettedinhannettedinh Member Posts: 4
    We are looking for this particular sienna and a dealer from where I live (Northern CA) quoted for
    $36,998.00+fees= $40,287.36 OTD (out the door) including the running boards, all weather mats, rear spoiler, installed.

We asked him to give us a better deal than what he quoted but it seems like he won't go any less. Does anybody know if this is a good deal? Please advise.

Thanks
    I had a quote of 36,400 in Chicago for this car, but with AWD which is a $2200 option, so I'd say it isn't such a good deal.

We went with a loaded XLE instead since it is virtually the same car but $4,000 less. The only things you don't get is the laser cruise, memory seats and auto windshield wipers.

In our opinion, those options aren't worth $4K.
  • land55land55 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man

Can you let me know what the latest Money Factor and Residual Value is on a Limited AWD in the New York area, assuming I qualify for Tier 1+ pricing. Thanks very much

Would the MF and RV change much if I traded down to a LE AWD?
  • nm_socalnm_socal Member Posts: 29
    Greetings, everyone. I currently have a 6-seater crossover, whose lease runs out in March. We have to purchase a minivan. My choices: Sienna. 2nd: Honda Odyssey. 3rd: Chrysler Town & Country.

The best price for an '09 Sienna XLE with DVD & NAV seems to be $34-35k. I don't want to get an '08 because the $4-5k I save in purchase price will be offset by a higher depreciation. (Please feel free to comment if you disagree with this theory.) So ...

I walked into a local Chrysler dealership today. Received an excellent service. They are offering me a Touring with package 25L (leather, dual DVD screens with independent players, navigation, power-fold 3rd row, stow-n go), with MSRP of $37.1k for $27.9k + TTL. Maybe, if I was to go back and twist their arms (have a 2nd degree referral for the GM), they might go down by a bit more. Plus they are taking the lease off of my hands ($450/month) two months earlier.

So, finally, here's my question: Get an '09 Chrysler for $28k, or get an '08 Honda or Toyota for the same price? I'd be eagerly awaiting response from some experienced buyers on this forum. Thanks.
    I would go into your local Toyota dealer and negotiate for the price you want. Remind them that they will have your service business as well.

I was able to buy the XLE you describe for 30,800+TTL in Chicago, so I'm sure you could get close to that.

The deal on the T&C sounds good, but read the reviews. It isn't the same quality as the Toyota or Honda.

Plus, Toyota still has 0% financing until January 5th.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I wouldn't move to a 3rd choice based only on price. Plus you'll probably lose that advantage in resale, anyway.
  • yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    If you are concerned about depreciation, stay far, far away from the Chrysler. In the best of times their value drops like a rock. In times like this, teetering on the edge of bankruptcy (Shrub and his dumbocrat friends' bailout not withstanding, it may only delay the inevitable) the T&C possibly leave you with no warranty and no resale either.

Between Chrysler and Toyota or Honda, any model year, new for the same purchase price, the Chrysler will always be worth less from the moment you put your John Hancock on the contract.

See how much can negotiate a '08 vs and '09 on your favorite between the Honda and the Toyota. Make a good enough deal on the '08 and it my not matter the marginal difference in resale value 3 or 5 years from now. There isn't much difference between the model years for either vehicle.
  • ingoldingold Member Posts: 1
    Floor mats / door sill protector
    Fog lamps / running lights / windshield wiper de-icer
    Towing prep

Price offered is $26,865 before tax & title.

I'm in Wisconsin.
    I want to buy a XLE with #4. I am toying between buying in the next couple of days versus waiting a month or two.

The logic in trying to buy right now is to take advantage of any end of year offers. My best current offer is 30500 + TTL.

The logic in waiting is the likelihood that Toyota offer better incentives, given the current economy. e.g. 0% for longer that 3 years would be helpful.
  • turo0002turo0002 Member Posts: 10
    What are your thoughts on the price of $36950 (excluding TLL and rebates) for a 2009 XLE Limited AWD Sienna with:

Dynamic Laser Cruise Control
    High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
    XLE Limited EVP #2
    Daytime Running Lights
    Towing Prep Option: 3,500-lb Towing
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    Hello everyone!

I just made a deal to buy an 09 Sienna XLE with package no. 4. and other misc. item such as AW, TO, LF, etc.
    My out the door price came out to be $32,600 which inludes 7% indiana sale tax, documention fees and the $1500 rebate. I might add that the dealer did not have the car and had to transfer the car from another city which is approx. 170 miles away. I was told that my Bllizard Pearl color is a special color( cost $220).

this website was very helpfull to me. Good luch to all of you who are in the market for the new car.

Tariq
  • annettedinhannettedinh Member Posts: 4
    A few days ago, I bought a 2009 Sienna XLE Limited FWD in Blizzard Pearl color for $40.286 out the door including:

XLE Limited EVP #2
    Daytime Running Lights
    All Weather Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector/First Aid Kit
    Running Boards
    Rear Spoiler
    Special color (Blizzard Pearl)
    Power Folding Third Row Seats
    Wheel Locks (Alloy)

I didn't take the $1500 rebate because I wanted to go with the 0% financing for 36 months.

I think the AWD costs a couple thousand more but you might want to ask them for an OUT THE DOOR price and you also ask them to throw in some parts. You might also want to go carsdirect.com and cars.com to quote a price on-line so you can see if you get a good deal.

I bought my car in Northern Calilfornia so the price might be different than where you are.

Hope it helps.
    annettedinh -- what do you mean "ask them to throw in some parts"? Thanks or your post #8741. Looks like we're both getting about the same price.
  • waldinwaldin Member Posts: 8
    We just brought a 2009 Sienna Limited in Desert Sand Mica. Our out the door price was 37,200( Incl. tax, title and extras). we took the 0% Apr as we were saving more in comparision to the $1500 rebate. Dealership is nasty (call themselves largest vol dealer in midwest) but i did most of my dealing over the internet. When I went to pick up the vehicle the internet manager didn't even come out and sent a nasty salesman who was trying to start from scratch( Hello!), not to mention the confusion they had about when they can install the rear spoiler. It took atleast 2 weeks,10 phone calls, 2 visits and a little bit of aggravation. I don't think i will go back to them for any future services. The options include:

XLE Limited EVP #2 ( DVD and Nav)
    Daytime Running Lights
    All Weather Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    Rear Spoiler
    Power Folding Third Row Seats
    4 pair of head phones

I did talk to two other dealers in the area but they did not have the color I was looking for. we debated between silver and desert sand mica( much lighter than it was 2 years ago), but we liked the taupe interior better than the stone color interior which comes with silver color. Blizzard pearl is another great color but we wanted medium color. There is no extra cost for that color in 2009 model as some people has mentioned in previous posts. Thank you all for your help and good luck to people who will be the proud owners soon.
    Waldin -- Thanks for your post #8743. Would you post the dealer name or email? I was considering contacting "Wilde" in MKE. How'd you get 4 pairs of headphones?
  • waldinwaldin Member Posts: 8
    you got the name right. All weather mats, rear spoiler and 2 additional headphones i have to purchase seperately that was inlcuded in out the door cost. Good luck
    Price renegotiated to 36,383 (-TTL).
    I'd like to take advantage of the current Toyotathon incentives that expire on about Jan. 7, 2009, but hedge against the incentives getting better before Jan. 30, 2009.

The salesperson said I could sign the paperwork before Jan. 7, 2009 at the current incentive, and if the Toyota incentives increased between Jan. 7 and Jan. 30, 2009, then I can resign at the better price (and then take possession of the vehicle).

Will that work?
  • roatmanroatman Member Posts: 7
    Hi:
    Looking for OTD prices for 2009 AWD/XLE preferrably with DVD and NAV. Sitting on a 2004 FWD/DVD (100K warranty) with 68K miles. Would like to trade in. What's a reasonably good deal? I'm thinking under $30K?
    Looking to buy in the next week or so...
    Great forum, any feedback is appreciated...
    Happy New Year