Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• turo0002turo0002 Member Posts: 10
    I need a geography lesson, but I think Fitzmall.com in Maryland is within driving distance. I've found them to have fair prices.
  • ymbuptymbupt Member Posts: 3
    Great forum! any feedback is appreciated...
    Happy New Year
    Hi,

I plan to buy 2009 Toyota Sienna LE FWD 7-Passenger Minivan, with only option: LE Extra Value Package #1, Includes right-hand power sliding door, left-hand door closer, rear hatch closer, 8-way power driver's seat, Homelink universal transceiver and overhead multi-information display.

The price before TTL is $ 23,300 which I got so far, is it good deal? if not, what the price should be for a good deal?

Great forum! any feedback is highly appreciated...

Happy New Year!
  • saber40saber40 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I picked up my new 09 XLE Sienna from the dealer on the new year's eve. Although, the car looks great the experience with the dealership was one of my worst.
    I had several offers from my local dealers. The lowest offer was $32500 OTD. I took this offer and prsented to Tom Wood Toyota in Indianapolis, IN. I went Tom Wood hoping to be treated well as a repeat customer (I bought my 05 Highlander from them). The manager look at the offer and came back telling me that he can not beat this price and the lowest he can go is $32650 (OTD). However, he said that he going to make up for the $150 by giving me two free services and an extra headset. I agreed. Ofcourse, he got my signiture for the price and did not mentioned anything on the paper regarding 2 free services and a headset.

The day that I was picking up the car (he did not have the car and had to bring it from another dealer 170 miles away), instead of giving me the two coupons for free services, he gave me two coupons for free oil change. When I said no to the oil change, he got very nasty and acted like a jerk. Anyways, I got the car and the two free services in " I owe you form". Now looking at his I owe you form, which has my signiture I find there is a statement which says the service has to be done in 30 days of the date of purchase.
    So discusted with the experience, that I decided not to call him and talk to him.

I will never go to Tom Wood Toyota again!

Tariq
  • phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    @Tariq:

Do you mind if I ask what you expected for the promise of "free services"? Two free oil changes sound like "free services" to me.
  • ashtanashtan Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everybody, Did anyone buy a 2009 TOYOTA SIENNA XLE AWD in the Boston MA area recently. We are looking to buy one with package #3. What is the maximum price that we can pay for this.
    Thank you.
  • waldinwaldin Member Posts: 8
    I think thats a good deal. Any deal thats keeps your OTD cost below 38,800 with 0% apr for an AWD is a good deal. Try to include all weather mats. Also you need to know that AWD does not come with a spare wheel.
    Do you mean $36,383 +TTL? If you are OTD at 36K then you are several thousand below actual dealer cost.

We were looking at the same car with a quote of $36,400 but got cold feet on the AWD due to all of the bad reviews. If you can forego the AWD, consider a loaded XLE. You can get virtually all of the same features in FWD for about $6,000 less.

The only things the XLE lacks compared to the Limited is memory seats, automatic wipers and laser cruise control. We didn't think that those were worth $4,000. We bought this car for $30,800.
  • waldinwaldin Member Posts: 8
    yes, I meant $36,383 +TTL. I do agree with you about the AWD reviews. My cousin has an AWD and he changed his tires after 25K miles. He was told that the quality of rubber used in runflat tires is different from the regular tires and is more prone for early wear and tear.

In addition to the memory seats, automatic wipers and laser control as you have rightly mentioned
    some of the standard featues on Limited in comparision to XLE are:
    int day/night automatic rearview mirror
    ext day/night automatic electrochromatic mirror, fold them with push of a button.
    heated front seats
    parking distance sensors
    power sunroof
    front fog lights
    stability control ( not available on XLE)
    High intensity discharge lights
    daytime running lights
    power folding third row (only in FWD)
    17 inches alloy wheel.

If you are getting these features as a package with XLE then you can cut a great deal.

For people currently in the market, I think dynamic laser cruise control is a great feature mostly offered in new luxury cars. This is in addition to your regular cruise control. This feature is very helpful on the highways where the laser keeps the safe distance between you and the front car by matching the speed.

Good luck to all the future owners.
    I have these items you listed on my XLE:

heated front seats
    parking distance sensors
    power sunroof
    stability control (where did you see it isn't available? Mine has it)
    daytime running lights
    17 inches alloy wheels

You can double check on Edmunds, but with EVP#4, I believe that only the wheels were an additional option.

IMO, the day/night mirrors aren't necessary with the tinted rear window. The HID lights were available in an additional package, I think.

It's totally a matter of preference as to whether the missing tech features are worth the money. I have most of them on our other car, and think most are either a pain in the [non-permissible content removed] or gimmicky. But like I said, it's just my opinion.

I still would advise potential buyers to compare and contrast the Limited with the XLE before they buy, however. In the end, the "Limited" tag on the rear is the most expensive option of all.
  • hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    Stability control is standard on all models since 2008. We had an 04 Limited AWD and now have a 07 Sienna XLE FWD with all options and the only option we miss is the laser cruise and front parking sensors but wasn't worth the extra $4-5K.

With AWD all you have to do is take off the stock run flats and swap on regular tires, that's what we did. Carry a spare in the rear well of the van on long trips.
  • BrewtusBrewtus Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to make sure I read this correctly because if I did then our latest offer is a bit above that. We're looking at an 2009 XLE Sienna with EVP#4 and options:
    AW 17" Aluminum Wheels
    LF Fog lamps w/Day Time Running Lights and Windshield Wiper De-icer
    CF Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    TO Tow Prep Package

Best offer so far is $31,000 + TTL

I guess I felt pretty good about the offer until I reviewed the dealer invoice and noticed all these additional fees. When added up they total just under $2,000. It seems to me that that is an awful big profit. I feel like there should be more give on the dealer's part.

Destination Charge $745
    Gasoline $16
    Dealer Holdback $595
    Dealer Advertising $ 345
    Financial Reserve $297
    Destination charge isn't profit. It's the freight charge from the port to the dealer.

The advertising fee apparently is charged by Toyota corporate (during Toyotathons) and not kept by the dealer.

I believe their profit margin is represented by the holdback and financial reserve only. Of course, this is gross profit and does not take into account the overhead of operating the dealership and keeping dozens or hundreds of cars in stock.

If you can get a quote of a few hundred below invoice, I think you are doing extremely well. Any lower and they wouldn't be making anything.

I paid 30,800 for the exact car you're referring to, but w/o the LF package, so it looks like a good deal.

I am usually able to get another hundred or two off just by telling the sales manager directly that I will by the car right now for my final price. Their biggest fear is that you'll take their best cost and walk to use it as leverage against another dealer.
  • BrewtusBrewtus Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone:

Struggling with the offers I've been receiving to date. It seems that either I'n getting a fair, not great, deal or I'm getting a very bad one depending on what the actual dealer invoice is for the Sienna I'm looking at. Any input would be very appreciated. This what I'm considering:

2009 Toyota Sienna 2WD
    Trim XLE
    Manufacturer Code 5346
    Base Invoice $25,563
    Options
    AW 17" Aluminum Wheels $104
    LF Fog lamps w/Day Time Running Lights and Windshield Wiper De-icer $144
    CF Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector $163
    TO Tow Prep Package $176

Equipment Packages
    QN XLE Extra Value Package #4 $3,312

Total Options and Packages $3,899
    Total Invoice Including Options and Packages $29,462

Fees:
    Destination Charge $745
    Gasoline $16
    Dealer Holdback $595
    Dealer Advertising $345
    Financial Reserve $297
    Total Fees $1,998

Total Invoice Including Fees $31,460

Dealer's Best Offer so far: $31,000 + TTL

Depending on what you read all the fees seem to be everything from BS to negotiable to legit. Again, thanks for any insight you could provide.

Southern Califorina
  • jumroojumroo Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 09' XLE EVP #1 at fremont,CA on 30th dec. Got All weathers mats., fog lights, carpets

I paid in cash and got 1500 cash back

Is it worthwhile to keep the 885 Money back warranty?

Also, found a deal at frys for 599 + 150 install for a clariion in-dash receiver with navigation gps and hook up for camera (200 with install). Is this something that I
    should consider or are there any toyoya warranty issues with this?

-jumroo
  • dckozak1dckozak1 Member Posts: 18
    Seems like you've done your homework, re: costing. Are you working via Internet on several cars or is this from a walk in?? I would suggest emailing as many dealers (as you are willing to drive to to purchase) requesting details of cars meeting your needs. Make sure they give all the details regarding installed options and figure an invoice based on that. For get about the "add on charges", let them figure what is a showstopper regarding thier "best offer", just get the best price you can and if its not enough under retail (based on the wisdom your getting on these boards) pass and keep looking.
    Remember its a buyer market. You got the money, they want the money. Many have the cars!! Keep the pressure on!!! :)
    Hi, Everyone,

when you buy 09 Sienna, do you consider the shippind data, which indictes when the dealer received this car from Toyota.

there are two options for the exact same car , the first one is: ~ 20 mi mileage, but dealer received it on 07/2008, second is: ~ 90 mi mileage, dealer received on 10/2008.

which one should I choose? if the shipping data should not be considered when buying a new car? thanks a lot!
  • novice08novice08 Member Posts: 6
    Koons Toyota, near Tysons. I'd be happy to give you further advice if you want - just send me a contact email address.
  • roatmanroatman Member Posts: 7
    I think $31K + TTL OTD is a great deal. Any dealers reading this, i'm interested ... buying in CT/MA/RI area...
  • turo0002turo0002 Member Posts: 10
    Final negotiated price on 2009 XLE Limited AWD EVP#2 was $36,383. 0% 36-month financing. In addition, I paid an extra 6.5% sales tax and title/license fee (no other dealer fees).

I have the option to take additional incentives from Toyota if they become available in January 2009 (without giving up the 0% or $1500 rebate from "Toyotathon").

2009 XLE AWD Limited EVP #2
    Dynamic Laser Cruise Control
    High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
    Daytime Running Lights
    Towing Prep Option: 3,500-lb Towing
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector

I had a lower quote of $36,000 from Wilde Toyota in Wisconsin, which I rejected in favor of working with a local salesperson.

In hindsight, I might have focused harder on an XLE AWD EVP#4. . . .

Thanks for all your help and posts/feedback. Good luck out there!
  • pickanyonepickanyone Member Posts: 12
    That's weird, I have had a terrible time with that dealership. They had been calling me A LOT so on Dec 31st I made them an offer. Admittedly it was a bit low ($2k below their offer), but it was the end of year and I was prepared to negotiate. I made it clear that i would buy a car that day. They never even called me back, neither the salesman nor the sales manager. I even emailed the sales manager a couple of days later and he didn't have the courtesy to reply. I won't be going back. Am getting much better customer service form fitzmall and a dealership in frederick
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    If the original poster is getting pkg #4, I think he/she is looking at an XLE, not a Limited.

I thought the Ltd only had 2 pkg choices.
  • chuansirchuansir Member Posts: 1
    I would say 31K +TTL is a reasonable offer.

I made my purchase from San Jose, for XLE + EVP4, out of door price 33900 everything included. Since CA charge 8.25% tax, your price probably will be lower than mine. Good luck.
  • nm_socalnm_socal Member Posts: 29
    Friends:

I have been searching for this car for several weeks, and the best offer I received was for MSRP $34,950, with a purchase price of $30,800 + TTL, with special financing (2.9% over 5 years).

I did not bite, because I still have two months remaining on my existing lease, and feel I can afford the gamble. If needed, I an open to extending my lease by a few months.

Does anyone know what the current incentives are? Or, if anyone followed the numbers in the past couple of years, and can predict what the numbers might look like, in Mar-Apr timeframe?

Any thoughts, suggestions??? Thanks.
  • longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

We are trying to buy a 2009 LE with option #1 in Buffalo, NY area. Went to see 2 dealerships, both gave MSRP $27404. The final price for the first dealership was $25200 (excluding TTL and rebates). The second one (Fuccillo toyota) insisted on the MSRP price and when we offered $23000 and waited for a counter offer the salesman told us no deal and asked us to leave. How rude!!! I saw some posts on this forum mentioned they got the same model for around $23000 so I don't think that it was unreasonable for me to start from.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Thank you!
  • ThangNThangN Member Posts: 3
    On 1/7/09, I bought a 2009 Sienna LE option #2 for $23,000 (after $1500 rebates, before TTL) in Dublin, CA. I came in with the Costco Auto Purchase Program, the dealer initial quote was $23,500, I came back with $23,000 and he accepted fairly quickly. I have read from others who got as low as $22,900. In this environment, you may be able to go lower than what I got. Good luck to you.
  • cvkkcvkk Member Posts: 8
    Can you please let me know if it is a 7 passenger or 8 passenger, I am not sure if the price differs but just curious to know as I am looking to buy a 8 passenger LE.
  • marv23502marv23502 Member Posts: 2
    + Blizzard Pearl, Fog Lights, mats
    Palm Beach County, FL

$26,275+TT
    it's a 7 passenger van
  • longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks! So if you don't take the rebate but choose to finance, the price will be $23000 + $1500 (before TTL)? Does your option #2 come with alloy wheel?
    Correct on the pricing. Option #2 does not include alloy wheel.
  • sienna11sienna11 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all who helped by posting here. Here are the details of the XLE purchase I just made, using Costco in the Sacramento, CA area. Costco has arrangements with certain dealers, and charges a fixed fee above invoice, currently $300 in the case of Siennas. We ended up about $400 more than the Edmunds TMV price, which was worth it for me not to have to shop too hard. We had a 5 year old Chrylsler T&C with less than 50k that needed to be replaced, but thats another story...... Wish the feds would have bailed ME out of that fine example of american engineering! It rode great but didnt last long.

So heres the deal:

XLE with: 17" alloy wheels, Fog lights w/daytime running lights, XVP #1, Carpet/Floor mats, + Dest = $28,897.00 price

The dealer added CA sales tax, $199 for "Cash price vehicle" which I didnt catch until later-(watch out for this trick if you are paying cash), and $83 for document prep. Total cash price of $31,224. Adding CA state lic, reg and tire fees of $282, the total was $31,506, before the $1500 rebate, for a real, final total of $30,006 out the door.

Now, what you need to know is that until 2/2/2008, in addition to the customer rebates on select models, Toyota is offering cash incentives to dealers, at least in the N Cal area in the following amounts:
    Avalon $500, Solara, $500, RAV4 $1500, Sienna $2000, Tacoma $2000. The later two are called out as being in the "Final Month" on the paperwork I saw at the dealership. This presumable explains the large "Dealership savings" numbers shown in recent newspaper ads for the teaser vehicles. So, if you have the time to bargain, below invoice is definitely doable before 2/2/2009!

Good luck.!!!
  • Eersfan4lifeEersfan4life Member Posts: 3
    Also included preferred accessory package, mudflaps, daytime lights, 5000 mile service, one additional oil change, lifetime state inspection

w/$1000 rebate: $35,400.00

How did I do?
  • semenzatosemenzato Member Posts: 41
    Looks good, but would you mind posting dealership, city, and state? Thanks!
  • meetme25meetme25 Member Posts: 13
    I am currently in the market for a new Sienna XLE with package EVP#4.

I live in Nor California. Best price have been able to get so far is 30090 + tax

Is that a good price.

Any shopping tips appreciated.
  • semenzatosemenzato Member Posts: 41
    Hello fellow car shoppers,

I am negotiating for an XLE Limited AWD with package 2 and HID lights/laser
    cruise control. Essentially, everything. Without pushing hard, I have two
    offers, one at invoice + 200 and the other at invoice + 1000.
    (By invoice I mean published invoice price, minus the current $1500 rebate.)
    Is this good enough or should I persist?

Thanks!
    Luigi

P.S. The current offers are from Toyota in Oakland (the new one,
    near the airport) and in Davis.
  • hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    Try Fairfield Toyota in Fairfield. Not too far from Davis. They have a ton of Sienna's and are offering great deals.
  • anna9anna9 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a 2009 Sienna 8 Seater LE (FWD). Where I can find best price in Cleveland, OH. Please help me with the answers..
  • Eersfan4lifeEersfan4life Member Posts: 3
    Whoops, sorry about that. Day Toyota - Pleasant Hills, PA (Pittsburgh suburb).
  • burnsocburnsoc Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I will most likely be purchasing the Sienna Limited with AWD and all options this weekend. The MSRP is 41,500 for this car at two dealerships. Do you think 36,000 after the $1500 off incentive is a reasonable price to expect to pay? It's right around the TMV on Edmund's. Also can you negotiate with the financing department over the interest rate? I have good credit. Thanks for the help, I feel like I'm preparing for battle.
  • lzhianlzhian Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for a 2009 Sienna LE AWD w/package #1. I live in Boston area. I saw there are posts mentioned $1500 incentive for 2009 Sienna. Does anybody know if that applies to Boston area? If not, any idea what other incentive might be forthcoming around Boston area?
    I was able to get the same quote without the $1500 discount in Chicago just before the new year, so possibly you could get them to agree to the $36K pre-rebate.

However, we decided to go with a loaded XLE, since it was $6,000 less. We didn't think that the AWD was worth an extra 6K, especially with the poor reviews of the run-flat tires and lack of a spare.

The only other features that the Limited has are laser cruise (we have this on our Infiniti and both my wife and I dislike it), memory seats, and automatic wipers. Again, not worth $6K to us.

If saving money is really your goal, my advice is to weigh the options between the two and decide if the Limited is really worth it to you.
    Thanks for the response. I definitely do need the AWD where I live, but agree I'm not thrilled with the run flats and lack of spare. The only reason I'm buying it fully loaded is because I haven't been able to find the color we want that has all the features we need without the laser cruise control and HID headlights. I do want all the other features though so I'll bite the bullet and negotiate with the dealers that have them on the lot. It sounds like you got a great quote, I would be thrilled with that. :shades:
  • shakkayashakkaya Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,
    I looking for a 2009 toyota Sienna LE AWD w/package #2 with seven or eight seater, but I dont know how much would it be the cheapest. I dont understand all these car companies complain about sales plunges but they are not doing to induce customers buy a bit cheaper.

Any of you guys have any idea how much would be the fair price for this cofiguration?
    Hi guys,
    I looking for a 2009 toyota Sienna LE FWD w/package #2 with seven or eight seater, but I dont know how much would it be the cheapest. I dont understand all these car companies complain about sales plunges but they are not doing to induce customers buy a bit cheaper.

Any of you guys have any idea how much would be the fair price for this cofiguration?
  • anna9anna9 Member Posts: 4
    If you contact at Ganley Toyota at Akron, OH you will get a best deal.
    hi,
    thanks for the recommendation, I am in new jersey,cherry hill.Is there any good dealers over here?
    It's a bit of a hike, but East Coast Toyota in Wood-Ridge (near The Meadowlands) is having a sale tomorrow and gave me a great quote. Their quote was below what I thought I could reasonably get. They seem to have a nice amount of sienna's in stock on their website.
  • jwdshkjwdshk Member Posts: 2
    I bought Sienna 09 package # 3 , one month ago . They also gave me accessories like wheel lock, cargo net and first aid box too. It cost me 26,800 + taxes. The dealership is in Harrisburg, PA.
  • jwdshkjwdshk Member Posts: 2
    I bought Sienna 09 package # 3 , one month ago . It is LE 8 passenger.They also gave me accessories like wheel lock, cargo net and first aid box too. It cost me 26,800 + taxes. The dealership is in Harrisburg, PA.