Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• madartolmadartol Member Posts: 3
    Husky11,

Sorry about the delay in responding to your question on how long the smart key batteries are supposed to last: my service rep told me that the smartkey battery lifetime should typically be a year or so but that he'd seen other smartkeys arrive with weak batteries that died shortly after the owners took possession. Batteries shouldn't fail suddenly but should gradually weaken over time, so you'll have to move closer and closer to the car doors to open them, signaling that the batteries will have to be replaced. In my case, the spare key failed suddenly, so the root cause might really have been a bug in the encryption software which re-sets the passcode each time you use the key to prevent the passcode from being cloned.
  • neskierneskier Member Posts: 6
    I figured I would chime in with the details of my ownership experience.

It has been overwhelmingly positive. The things that have gone wrong are few.

The one thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I shut the driver's side door the gasket that seals the door gets caught in the metal seam between the front and rear doors. This is strange and only happens when you shut the door somewhat slowly. It is also easily rectified by opening the rear door and shutting it. I also noticed a little bit of oil coming from my left front wheel hub, but that has since disappeared. Brake dust is also annoying as well, so I no longer use the brakes. I now keep an anchor in the passengers seat and throw it out the sunroof to stop. Other drivers don't seem to mind and I think it is quite decadent. Gives kind of a seashore feel to driving.

Now on to the good parts. The car has come into its own recently. It seems to drive even more smoothly then when I bought it. The clutch is also becoming smoother. Yes, I have the 6-speed. It is interesting to note that when downshifting a slight vibration is felt in the petal when the rpms of the engine are matched perfectly to those of the wheels. Great feedback from the car.. much better than a mushy springy japanese clutch.

The black paint is also absolutely flawless. There are no chips out of the hood or anything yet. This is with 3600 miles on the car mostly commuting in and around Boston. This may sound amazing but it is true. I try to follow about 2 car lengths behind everyone when I am at highway speeds.

The multicontour drivers seat is comfortable and adjusts very easily. The 60/40 rear seat has already been used and was a great option to get. The sunroof and rain sensing wipers are devine.

I have not had a single problem with the keys. I do treat them nicely though. They are a piece of electronics and so I don't through them around like regular keys.

I suppose that is about it for now. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Have a good day.
  • 404c404c Member Posts: 146
    Just a note here, from "Highway Safety 101", the safe following distance is 2 seconds, not 2 car lengths, especially at highway speeds. 2 car lengths is about 10 metres (32 ft.) and a stopping distance of about 42 metres for a C-Class is required on dry road, at 100 km/h (62 mph). Then there is the small matter of reaction time...

Mike T.
  • raintamerraintamer Member Posts: 1
    after reading about all the chips!!! i'm concerned. i am about to take delivery on a 320 and somewhere in this forum i read something about the clear bra by 3m if anybody can give me any info will be appreciated.

tnx

raintamer
  • rs64rs64 Member Posts: 64
    Try www.xpel.com
  • 01white32001white320 Member Posts: 1
    I have read several postings on key problems (2228/9, 2255) but none specifically like mine: not only won't the remote unlock work, neither will it recognize the keys in the dash slot. It takes about 20+ insertions using all 3 keys (smart + emergency)to finally get the "thunk", then about 10 more to be able to turn one of them to start the car. The dealer got new keys last week(3 days), when I went to retrieve it Saturday(100 mile trip, each way), it again would not open the doors nor permit the key to turn in the dash slot. They still have it to try again this week. The C320 is just one year old, just turned 10k miles. Otherwise it has been great, and while I have had a few key issues previously, they were easily resolved with an in-dash "reset" without any further problems for months. My thoughts: the car is not "awakening" to recognize the signal, the rolling code reset is failing in the car, or there may be a low voltage erasing the memory. The longer it sits (overnight), the worse the problem. Any similar experience or suggestions when I talk to them Monday? Thanks.
  • cecconceccon Member Posts: 22
    I just leased a new C 240 with silver metallic paint, a C2 package, and a CD Player. I put down $450, and have a 5 year lease with 15k miles, a payment of $482, and a residual of approx. $16,100. I think its a fair price.

I spent many months researching the choice of car, and I appreciate all the help those on this board gave me. My final choice was between the C 240 and the Lexus es 300. I had driven an es 300 for 9 years and absolutely loved it. Now that I have driven the C class for a few days, I feel I made the right choice.

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my posts over the past few months. Your help was invaluable in assisting me in reaching a decision.

Bob
  • maroon95maroon95 Member Posts: 26
    yeah my c240 had some problem. the dealership replaced the rubber seal and loosen the lock mechanism. now it's wonderful.

i got the car w/o the motorola phone option. i am considering it. i spoke to the parts guy and he quoted about $1300 for it w/o labor fee (going rate: $90 /hour -- outrageous)

is there a way around this exorbitant car-mobile phone cost? thank you in advance for your wonderful advice.
  • cecconceccon Member Posts: 22
    I have noticed that the C class is sonewhat nosiy when it idles in park. Is this a trait of the car?
  • jbrc320jbrc320 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to fedssocr and mleskovar for your suggestions. Yes, the oil was changed recently (25K) and yes, the dealer pressure tested the colant system and changed a radiator seal - to no avail. The fumes are similar to those in the crankcase, and are noticable outside the car. The odor is effectively eliminated when the climate control is on "recirculate". I did ask the dealer if the oil could have been overfilled an they said "no". I wish the car had a mechanical dipstick.
  • mleskovarmleskovar Member Posts: 171
    Not normal. Some (including myself) have complained about a tick/knock noise at idle and had it repaired. Usual culprit is the fuel purge valve...although different things have fixed it (new valve or new bracket).
  • ahostahost Member Posts: 36
    Maybe related: My car had vibrations in idle. They changed the engine mounts, and after that there are no vibrations. I haven't had problems with noise in idle.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    looking for sum input on the 430 coupe.this will be my fisrt benz. dont really know any one who had one.Could somebody tell me if the body style is changing for 2003? could the clk430 coupe be had for below msrp.i read the reviews on the bmw330 ci, gets a great write up dont know if i want to drop 55 grand on the 430 when the bmw might be all that for under 40 grand. thanks to all who respond.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• jpstaxjpstax Member Posts: 250
    My daughter wants to break the lease on her '99 C-280 and lease an '02 C-32 AMG. Is there anyone out there who owns one, and if so, are they as fast as everyone says? She's always wanted to own a comfortable car that has rocket sled acceleration. I had to talk her out of leasing an M-5 two years ago. I didn't think she could handle a 6 speed plus that monster engine. However, the C-32 looks a little tamer, and I wouldn't mind putting it through a test drive.
  • castinstonecastinstone Member Posts: 12
    I don't own the CLK, but this web site,

http://mbspy.bacosys.be/index2.html

suggests that the CLK will be new for for 2003 and based on the current C-Class. The arguments over which vehicle is technically better should probably give way to which vehicle you like better.

• mathtypemathtype Member Posts: 33
    Brian125: The CLK coupe will have a new body for 2003; it's also rumored to be going upscale a little -- a longer wheelbase, a folding hardtop on the convertible, an upgraded interior, etc.

If you want to get info on the CLK in general, I recommend the MBWorld.org Forums site:

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5

(If this doesn't work, try the address up to "org" and navigate from there.) The guys on this board are somewhat fanatical about their cars, but if you ask questions there, you will get many useful answers.

By the way, the BMW 330Ci is more directly competitive with the CLK 320 coupe, not the CLK 430, which is a V8. However, the CLK 320 coupe will still run about 4K or 5K more than the 330Ci for a similarly equipped car.

• jamrock4jamrock4 Member Posts: 53
    Placed an order for the C240 and was told it would arrive by the 3rd wk in December. Checked with the salesperson yesterday. He tracked the progress of my car and discovered the car to be shipped will be minus my request for the Bose Stereo. He placed another order and said the earliest it will arrive is mid January.

This totally ruins my Christmas. Has anyone else experienced this frustration. I am beginning to wonder if the car will be built to correct specifications come January.

• stanley22stanley22 Member Posts: 4
    I have a Blk/gray lthr loaded CLK 320, 10k miles,
    2001. I could use 2 more doors. Not as fast as the 430 but less expensive and better gas mileage.
    Assume lease of 700 / month or 46 k cash.
    i have clk430 fever. i might wait to see if the 03 model is altered.how is the resale value on the clk's.

• pta01pta01 Member Posts: 2
    I have recently bought a C320. According to the sticker info, the car has 10 speakers. I am counting one at the central vent, 2+2 on the front doors, 1+1 on the rear doors, and one behind the left headrest of the rear seat. That's 8 speakers. Does anyone know where the other two speakers are?
  • mleskovarmleskovar Member Posts: 171
    I believe the lower front door speakers have 'speakers within speakers' with different ranges.
  • lxgmblxgmb Member Posts: 41
    Shortly after I begin to drive the car, I found that the outside air gets in the car through somewhere on the door, probably around the inside handle area. It is definitely not the air through the A/C. Any comments?

Does this car need warm-up before drive?
  • bootfaybootfay Member Posts: 5
    Well, it's been 6 months since my wife and I purchased our 2001 C240, and on the whole, we love it. It runs great and we have been able avoid many of the reported problems on this board (e.g. key problems, paint chips, ticking noises from engine, stuck trunks, etc).

This morning, I brought our car in to fix several other problems. One is that the gas cap cover is stuck. The little bar that retracts and extends to lock the cover made a weird grinding noise and now it doesn't open. Luckily, there was enough gas to get me into the dealer.

There are another couple of minor problems: 1). The red light indicator for the gears doesn't work when it's in "R". And the passenger headrest makes rattling noises (when no one is sitting in it) over even minor bumps on the road. Also, the cassette player has been chewing up tapes.

Aside from these problems, the car has driven superbly and we're very satisfied with the car.
  • gregc320gregc320 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is greg (Gregc320). This is the first time that I am ever entering any type of chat/discussion room. I have been reading this web site for over 8 months. Your comments helped me solidify my buying decision.Only other choice was a Lexus GS300 also a very nice car. Anyways I now have a 2002 C320 Capri- blue( sunroof, leather upgrade color java, and fold down rear seat.) Had her for 7 weeks and have 3600 miles. Absolutely incredible to drive, it is my first Mercedes. If anyone that has not yet purchased and is waiting , log on and write to me. Went for 320 for speed, very happy, if the wait for C32 was not so long or car not so expensive I would have gone for it. I am going to modify my car very soon, 19" OZ modular wheels, 9.5 rear and 8.5 front, H&R springs, Pioneer DVD & Navigation. Interested in any comments --- also read a long tima ago about flat front emblem and front grill repacement with MB star logo in front, phillips bulb upgrade.please advise if you guy/gals were happy and where and how much you got them for.I am really into modification but have not seen too many C's modified on the road. Hope to hear from all of you.
  • nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    OK gregc320, some of the "standard" questions for the benefit of all board members:

- what dealer did you buy your car from? Did you pay MSRP? Anything thrown in, like the CD changer? Did you order your car, and if so, how long did you wait for delivery? Any initial quality problems? Any vibration in the steering wheel at about 40MPH? What tires did you get?

- do you plan on removing your stock head unit to put this Pioneer DVD./Nav system in?
  • edarteedarte Member Posts: 41
    I still monitor this board because about eight months ago I had actually put a down payment on a loaded C320 (it looked and felt at the time like the right car for me). I had considered buying a 2001 then waited for a 2002 because of the problems. I then walked away from the deal because of excessive delivery delays and the problems continued to grow.

I eventually paid $6000 (incl. tax) more and bought a Lexus LS430. While a different kind of car, after reading posts like yours, I feel even better about my decision.

The LS has been near flawless (the single problem has been the radio's automatic noise control does not always work and Lexus is in the process of correcting this). The ride is smooth and powerful and the quality, features and interior are perfect.

When I read your post I had to shake my head and think I would have had to pay over $47,000 to put up with those kinds of problems.

I was coming from a Lexus ES300 so I was used to excellent service and quality. It would have been a frustrating experience to spend more money (than the new Lexus ES300) on the C because it was a Mercedes and have to rationalize the poor build quality.

What are these C's going to be like four, or ten years from now if they are failing like this after six months?

And I know some of you will say the people listing problems here may not be representative but check out the number complaining on the Lexus site and you will see there are virtually none.

True the exterior styling of the C is great but I am really starting to appreciate the LS styling. Yes, the LS looks a lot like the old S - but that is okay with me - I think it looks classy.

In the final analysis I would rather have a car that resembles a Mercedes on the outside but is a Lexus in engineering and quality than a car that is a Mercedes on the outside but resembles a Yugo in engineering and quality.

I do not mean to offend anyone's choices by the above statement I just can't understand how Mercedes quality can be so bad.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    Edarte...The Lexus LS430 might be the best 4-door sedan in the world. An unfair comparison to the c class MB. I will agree that the number of problems with the MB models is unusual. I did not think about it until you printed it in your message, but an additional $6000 to move from MB C class to Lexus LS430 could be the best $6000 anyone could spend. Just MHO.
  • cmcgaheecmcgahee Member Posts: 5
    Just to balance some of the complaints on C class MB's, here's my story. I took delivery of a 2002 C320, brilliant silver with ash leather, about a month ago. Now have 2000 miles on it. It is everything I hoped for and more. No problems except static on AM radio which was promptly fixed (loose connection). Car is nimble, quiet, smooth, and a pleasure to drive. Took a lot of study to understand all the settings for remote unlock, driver memory, etc., but now have it down right.
    Anyone holding up ordering because of poor quality should go ahead. The car is great. Mine was assembled in Brazil with 88% parts made in Germany, and the fit and finish is perfect.
  • 404c404c Member Posts: 146
    Edarte,

Your implication that Mercedes-Benz quality and engineering is sub-standard, perhaps comparable to Zastava-Yugo, is unsupported by the facts. And despite your disclaimer, this comparison was clearly intended to be inflammatory.

You will never get statistically reliable information on vehicles from ANY message board on the Internet. They are not random samples and indeed there is much mischief that is posted on the 'net.

To see the statistical reliability of vehicles, one needs to go to the agencies that do proper work in the field: Consumer Reports, JD Power, ADAC Pannenstatistik, and indeed the cost of independent extended warranty plans.

In all of these, Mercedes-Benz cars are near the top of the list, outflanked by your favourite, Toyota, in most cases. But Mercedes-Benz cars are certainly more reliable than average. Claims to the contrary are wholly ill-founded.

Finally, if reliability is of the highest importance to you, you should sell the LS430 and buy a Starlet or Corolla, as they are FAR more reliable than the pseudo-S Class is. Even some German cars are more reliable than the complex LS 430.

Mike T.
  • edarteedarte Member Posts: 41
    Acco20:
    Why is it unfair to compare the C320 to the LS430? I think it is fair to compare any two cars, as long as you consider the costs and benefits fairly. It only cost me $6000 to go from the C to the LS. Now the C had every option on it and the LS does not have the luxury package with reclining vibrating rear seats , etc. But overall it has much more than the C in options plus a V8 (290 HP) and a lot more room (and I expect much better quality and reliability). I could just as easily compare the LS430 to the S500 (again you have to consider the costs)

404C:
    I can understand why you think my concluding statement was intended to be inflammatory but it really wasn't. Maybe exageratted, but not inflammatory.

I made this statement because, as I have said in previous posts, I really wanted to buy a MB. And only over several months did I change my mind. Several months of watching this board.

It is too simplistic to say I am just looking for reliability (but I see nothing wrong with expecting that in addition to other requirements).

Something very simple can be very reliable. A hammer almost always works. But the cars we discuss here are far from simple. They are very sophisticated and complicated. Lexus (IMO) demonstrates it can build excellent cars that almost always work as designed. MB is starting to show serious problems in this area.

I don't mean to rehash this stuff because I have done this before on this board and I appreciate the understanding and the hospitality of the readers to tolerate me having my say.

I only responded today because I wanted to balance out the view that while the C has the potential to be a great car there are definite problems with its production. And I say this knowing that there are C owners out there who have not had the problems.

cmcgahee:
    But when a car costs this much money I think one has the right to expect near perfection. This is just not the case with the C today and I think it is misleading to advise someone to go ahead and order one without first warning them to expect problems.

404c:
    It is true these boards are not controlled statistical samples and there is "mischief" posted on the internet. But I think it is a reasonable assumption that all automotive sites are equally prone to mischief and all car owners are equally likely to report their problems on a board. You just see a lot more problems on the MB site. (Especially after considering the relative number of vehicles sold by each manufacturer) And while MB's quality may be "more reliable than average" my point is that they cost a lot more than average and you don't get what you pay for. And as you say JD Powers and others find Lexus to be the best. And, while I may be wrong I thought someone recently reported that MB was 10th in the list - not near the top (But I do admit I have not taken the time to verify this report)

I will now promise not to "stick my oar in again" (at least for a month or so). Again I enjoy the dialogue.

Enjoy the Holidays.
  • cticctic Member Posts: 291
    I go away for 3 months. I come back and what's the first thing I see?

Person A: I finally decided to buy brand X because MB has the reliability of a Yugo/Kia/Fiat. Why pay $ for the MB name when you can get brand X for better quality/cheap price etc? When you pay $$$ you have the right to expect perfection. This is not intended to be inflammatory even though I'm posting in the MB forum.

This is gotta be second oldest storyline in the world. The first is of course boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl. This storyline is Man buys brand X. Man compares brand X and disses MB in the MB forum. Man says it's not meant to be inflammatory. I must have seen this at least 50 times since I joined Edmunds. What is funny is ofcourse they're all comparing whatever brand X is to Mercedes-Benz, proving that MB is still #1.

From the perspective of someone who hasn't been talking cars for months I can tell you this. You are what you drive. People buy cars to reflect who they are. People don't care about prices or consumer reports. People who can afford to buy a $47K car buy a $47K car. They don't buy a $20K car and invest $27K in mutual funds. And if you bought a Lexus you probably didn't want the MB in the first place.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    Edarte,Perhaps you misunderstood my post #4878. My point was that the LS430 is an unfair comparison to the E class MB because the LS430 is so much more car for the extra $6000 dollars. $6000 dollars is a lot of money, but the difference you get for the expense is outstanding. Your last post helps make MY point. Enjoy the Lexus, as I said before... The LS430 could be, "the best 4 door sedan in the world", INHO.
  • livetodrivelivetodrive Member Posts: 104
    For the price I paid for my E-430 4Matic I could have bought an LS430. I have no doubt the Lexus is a well-built car, but my E-430 is solid, comfortable, handles well, has plenty of power, and is also reliable. On top of all that, it has 4-wheel drive. IMHO the E-430m 4 Matic is the world's best 4 door sedan.
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    Everyone has an opinion on this-here's mine. The LS430 is a magnificent car-that's beyond question.
    I've never agreed with the "get biggest engine option",so i think the E320 a better value,and is the one I'd want. I don't really like the E430-I'd go up to the S430,although I realize the car might seem slow to some(but my sister's 1992 S320 I find peppy enough).
    I don't think the LS430 is really a driver's car. It is so quiet and smooth,it's like an isolation chamber-it's eerie!
    But Lexus seems guilty of giving the customer whatever he wants,whereas Mercedes still seems to have a corporate vision of what their cars should. They are professional designers,after all.
    I have two problems with the LS interior that TOTALLY ruin it for me. First of all there are two interior thermometers-why? It seems typical of that "downtown Tokiyo at night"look. And the interior wood-there's far,far too much of it. It just looks ridiculous and even a little tacky. There's no restrain inside.
    Finally,the Benzes are so much more fun todrive-there's just no comparison.
    Of course,we all have passionate views of these great cars.
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Member Posts: 1,711
    When is Mercedes-Benz NA going to get their act together and bring back diesel-engined cars back to the States? I'm not going to wait forever for a brand-new diesel Mercedes, so if they're not coming, forget it; I'm spending my money on a Volvo instead.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    ...until the US oil industry agrees to get the sulfur content of diesel fuel down to levels at or below what is currently available in Europe, there will be no more diesels here from MB. They cannot meet the emission requirements for CA now, or the rest of the country for 2004, with the junk that passes for diesel fuel in this country.

When and if this comes to pass [better fuel], then we should once again see these alternatives not only from MB, but also BMW, Audi, etc.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    A few months back I attended a Mercedes-benz Power Trip event in New Jersey. As I will be in the market for a new car in the next year (When the lease is up on my Saab). The 2 cars I was most curious to drive were the C240 & C230K Coupe.

I loved the C230K Coupe. The engine is spirited and has a nice note to it. The supercharger whine was not as evident as it was in the '00 C230 sedan I last drove. The car was MB solid & handled well. Acceleration was good (even with the slushbox, which is the best slushbox in the business by the way), but not as quick as my Saab.

The C240 was a nice car. It didn't have the Sport Package, but still rode nice and firm. I'm sure it is a wonderful highway cruiser. The car felt very underpowered. It would be nice if MB put the 2.8 V6 from the old C280 and made that the base engine.

I've been a huge MB fan for quite a few years. I think they make some of the most beautiful cars on the road. The C-Class with a Sports Package is a very sleek and sexy looking car. I've priced out a C240 and 325Ci similarly equipped and the BMW comes out to be much cheaper. Unless there are some steep discounts from MB next December, I'd probably go with the BMW.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

The C230K Coupe. I'd have to drive the 6 speed first though.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• billiam70billiam70 Member Posts: 54
    Does anyone know where I could get a Mercedes Badge to replace the hood ornament on a 2002 C320? I like the look of the badge so much better but can't seem to find anyplace that has them.

Thanks.
    Your local MB dealer should have a badge they can sell you. Just call them up.
  • mejitamejita Member Posts: 6
    Bootfay mentioned in post #4876 that his headrest rattles - I have the same problem with my 2001 C240 (7500 miles) and it is driving me up the wall. I have had both the driver's and passenger's headrests tightened, but it has not helped the rattles . . . has anyone else had this problem, and if so, was successfully repaired?

One more question; I use the cigarette lighter for charging my mobile phone - I yanked the charger out this morning and took a chip off the bottom edge of the wood trim, just at the corner of the opening to the lighter/cup holder area. Does anyone know if this can be repaired? If so is it very costly and does it look good afterward? I saved the chip, but I wasn't sure if I would be better off just leaving it alone.

Thanks!
    My C320 has 9500 miles on it now. I called dealer to schedule the 1st maintenence today, they said the maintenance was not necessary until the light comes up at the dashboard, and they wouldn't rotate the tires until the 2nd maintenance, which is about 20000 miles. Is this car that good?

Does the car need warm-up in the moring?
    I notice that cold air gets in the car from the front door area. Any comments?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    Their stance is that no oil changes will be paid for except at the FSS intervals. So, you have a choice of paying for it yourself, or waiting for the FSS to indicate it's time. Could be up to 15k miles, depending...

But if you want decent tire life, they are going to have to be rotated sooner. Do it yourself or have a tire dealer do it; just make sure they take good care to avoid damaging the wheels, and that a proper torque wrench is used to do the lug bolts.

If you wait to rotate the tires until the second service, you may as well not bother.
    Actually, I don't mind to pay for the "supposed to be free" service. The problem is - is it necessary? is this car so good that it needs so little care? I have a new CAMRY, the dealer always suggest me do all kinds of maintenance.

You said "Could be up to 15k miles, depending...".
    What do you mean by "depending"? I think there should a certain number set in your car, e.g., 10k miles. Do they put some kind of sensor in engine or somewhere to test the quality of the oil and then decide when to have it changed?

I read some thing before, saying they put sensor in the brake pad to test when the pad needs to be replaced.

I am really confused about how intelligent the car is.
    I will stick with the FSS because of Mobil1.

There is a symbol on the dash that tells you when you need your brake pads changed. Mine has come on intermittently.

jrct is right about the tire rotation. I was lazy and didn't bother, now I will have to replace the tires when FSS B comes around.

Warm up. When the car was new, the moment I turned it on it started at about 3500 rpm. Now that the car is older it starts at about 7K rpm. After 20 seconds or so it will drop under 5k rpm. Then I'll drive it.
  • bhoughtonbhoughton Member Posts: 10
    I hope that you meant 700 RPM and 500 RPM, respectively.
    Yar, that's what I meant :-) And 350 rpm. BTW, the initial higher rpm thing has happened with every car that I've own, Japanese, American, Italian.
  • mathtypemathtype Member Posts: 33
    I, too, was interested in replacing the hood ornament (on my CLK) with a badge. My dealer told me that the badge costs $75, but was a simple matter to install. This price seems high. Has anyone else priced one? Does anyone know of an aftermarket source for the badge?
    Try ripping on off a car that already has one...LOL! I think the best route is though your MB Dealer.

This discussion has been closed.