Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    > Last night I paid $25,312-$500(rebate) = $24,812 + TTL for a total of $27,149.

> The TTL seems outrageously high, but is the OTD price reasonable anyway?

Your TTL most likely includes sales tax. If so, it looks reasonable.
    Also, in AZ $500 is not a rebate. It is called "bonus cash" and applied after tax to OTD price.
  • aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    > In my local newspaper (Washington Post) they advertised a $2250 rebate for the 2010 Sienna.

It is probably not a rebate, but $2250 off MSRP, right?

Also, I notoiced there are big differences in invoice price in different places.
    For LE-8 EVP#2 (MSRP $27780) Edmunds gives me 25257 (with addition of $163 for CF from carsdirect), carsdirect - 25742, on the dialer's computer I saw something like 25863 (he looked up another dealer's inventory). If the dealer's computer shows correct number $25300 before rebate would be already below dealer's cost even after holdback.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That surprised me, but it did say "rebate". Of course it's an advertisement so who knows what they meant, Dealer to Customer rebate (i.e. off MSRP)?
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    There is no rebate on the 2010 Sienna,atleast as per all the websites I have checked.But if there is a $2250 rebate then it is a very good deal. Maybe a bait and switch? Also the difference between invoice and MSRP on the 2010 LE is about $2400. So whether $2400 is high enough to consider a previous version model--that`s for the buyer to decide. :shades:

But personally I would wait for the 2011 Sienna.Its resale will be better than the 2010 previous generation model.Just MHO. ;)
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Congrats. I am in the market for the same model with all the packages/accessories that you have bought. Can I know your OTD price. I am in western suburb of chicago. So, far I got a 31760 + TTL but not sure what the OTD is.

Also, I am holding off till 2011 models hit the market and decide.
  • madams1madams1 Member Posts: 101
    Will be test driving the Ody EX with RES and the above Sienna within a couple of months. On the Sienna do you load the video cd at the screen level or is it loaded on the dash like the Ody? Also, I have bought a couple of honda care extended warranties and saved a lot on line. Can you buy the Sienna extended warranties on line or just from the dealer. I know that extended warranties are not really cost effective, but given the power features in these vans and the piece of mind, we normally get the extended warranty.

Also, comparing the 2 vans there is a 2,895 price difference and with these package comparisons, very similar features. Will be interesting which one the wife likes best. Of course when we bought the CRV a few years back, the tray in the middle to hide her purse basically sold her.

Thanks for your input.
    Must be just another misleading ad, then.

Let's see the pricing on the 2011. The LE gets that backup cam and the power hatch, two things I would appreciate.
    You can definitely buy the warranty on-line after your purchase, in fact I think you can wait 3 years or 36,000 miles to decide on that.
  • jetzzsjetzzs Member Posts: 64
    ateixeira,

Is that a factory warranty that you can buy online or is it a third party warranty? Thanks.
    Factory.

I have 27k miles and still have not decided yet! I'm taking my time! :D
    Thanks for the info!. Just wondering, what dealer online are you considering? I would like to go there and get a quote.
    Based on your experiences, do you normally get closer to invoice pricing online or at dealership directly with the salesman? I see on Edmunds that I can submit for offers online from multiple dealers in my area. Your experience, etc would be helpful.

Thanks
  • robbygrobbyg Member Posts: 61
    I've found the best price quote from overstock.com. I initially tried contacting the dealers through edmunds, but the quotes they came back with weren't that impressive. After I went through overstock.com, I was able to use their price to negotiate with the other dealers.

Good luck!
  • junecjunec Member Posts: 8
    just picked up the XLE with options # 4, 17 spoke alloy wheels, fog lamp pkg and carpet floor mat & door sill protector. MSRP -> $ 34,785. Paid 29,900 -> OTD 32,135 ( already include $ 750.00 rebate). I think I get myself pretty good deal. The sale man is very nice and very easy to work with.
  • mbillombillo Member Posts: 8
    Congrats on the new van. Where did you get the price from. Pl. post dealer/city

Thanks
    Springfield / VA
  • mbillombillo Member Posts: 8
    Is it Springfield Toyota? Any reference for the Saleperson would be helpful.

Thanks
    I saw quotes under a grand for 7/100 a little after I bought mine. To be honest I haven't looked in more than a year. I think I bookmarked it, but that's on my work computer, and I won't be there 'til Monday. Remind me and I'll check.
  • rpatelrpatel Member Posts: 1
    Paid $24500 for 2007 Sienna Limited (15000 miles).... Good Price?
    Yes, it is. But i don't think edmund let you post the saleperson name.
    Yes. That was probably a $36-37k van when new, not long ago.

Plus it has the current engine. Timing chain means no belt to change.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Tough call. Soon to be (Feb. 2011) a four year old van. Can get a new 2010 LE for similiar price of $24,500.
    Not the same equipment level, though.

Compare to a used LE for less...
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    Not at all. A limited goes for about 37k and more. So a huge difference between LE and limited. A new LE is 24.5k .You can get a 1 yr LE for 18k or less with less than 25k miles. :P
    And if the Limited included Nav or back up cam - then it`s a pretty good deal. A limited is truly luxurious compared to the LE. Personally, I love the wood trim and the leather on the Limited. A limited Sienna is more of a Lexus [ comparable to my Lexus GX] than a Toyota. :shades:
  • eric2006eric2006 Member Posts: 8
    Do you think we can get better price next year? I am thinking between tax credit and 2011 model.
    Tough call. Prices may drop, but selection will as well. You may end up having to buy a pricier model with options you didn't want. Or a color you didn't like.

Prices do tend to go down, but you'll very likely have to compromise somewhere. Timing is critical.
    Ateixeira, was it you who added a 12 inch dvd video to your LE. I believe that I read a post about the LE being already wired. If so, if you would not mind telling, did a store install and also, on the aftermarket dvd players, do you load the dvd's next to the screen? Example: The odyssey, you load up front on the dash.

Thanks for your input.
  • 1846618466 Member Posts: 46
    We are currently looking to buy a new 8 passenger 2010 Sienna LE with alloy wheels and option package 2. Have sent emails to two local dealers in central Pennsylvania and have not heard from them for several days. Questions are, is this normal and what would be a good price for this van and option package? This is will be our 3rd Sienna.
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    Looking for that exact vehicle and debating whether to hold out for the 2011s. What color? Did you use dealer financing? Did you negotiate through their internet sales dept? thanks.
    When you get back in the office, can you get me the website(s) for the extended warranties. I have bought a couple of warranties online for two hondas and it was fairly easy. Do you know if the warranties are bought through a dealer online or is it bought through a non-dealer. I would like to get a quote and then see if the dealer will meet it or come close if we decide to buy the Sienna.

Again thanks for your input!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    A lot of dealers, not just Toyota stores, seem to ignore emails, especially for price quotes.
    Yes, it is pre-wired for power in the ceiling. The installer told me he still had to run wires to the light switch in the dash (or to the door itself) for the dome light.

Circuit City installed mine, sadly they're out of business now. I paid $900 installed for a 12" with 2 wireless headphones.

And yes you load DVD on the side of the player itself, on the passenger side. My wife or the kids can do it, so that's better, IMHO.

I'm satisfied and would have done the same thing again if I could go back.
  • dukevadukeva Member Posts: 6
    is it a FWD for AWD?
    I am looking to buy 1 2010 XLE AWD with option #4.
    We got blue mirage metallic and we did not use dealer financing. Also we negotiate trough internet sales dept.
    Mine is FWD
  • tpavantpavan Member Posts: 12
    What's a good price for LE with EVP#2? I'm in FL region and getting quotes between 26-27 [includes 7% Salest tax + Title-registration amt to 250 as i will be transferring from an existing vehicle]. Trying for less then 26 but so far no luck. Prices will be for financing through Toyota i.e. no 1000 rebate.
  • baruchadbaruchad Member Posts: 6
    I have been looking at the Odyssey EX - but am reading some good reviews of the Sienna - what would a comparable Sienna LE with pkg #2 be in NYC? Would an OTD price of $27,220 (incl destination TTL and other fees) be a good price? Most of my friends have gone to Star Toyota. Has anyone made a recent LE purchase in the NYC area?
  • sienna09sienna09 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy the same vechicle with same option. Can you provide the dealer you bought this at.

Thanks,
  • tpavantpavan Member Posts: 12
    I just picked up an LE with EVP#2 in FL- 26098k. This is all inclusive OTD price [1500 Sales tax and 200 for title included in the price along with pesky 99 doc stamps for 1.9% financing]. I also got some freebies like tint, matts, carpet and toyoguard. Good luck and happy deal hunting. Don't give up. If you are in FL and want to buy a Sienna, PM me and i can connect you with the rep i was working.
  • wei1wei1 Member Posts: 1
    tpavan,

I live in Tampa area. Can you connect me to the sales rep? I couldn't find a way to send private message to you..

Thanks!!
  • cacomixl8cacomixl8 Member Posts: 2
    Lombard Toyota and great salesman [oops, sorry, no names].
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Any thoughts on the following quote (good until 1/4/10); 2010 XLE Limited AWD with Package #2, HID, Daytime and Towpack prep...MSRP $41,220, TMV $37,344; with $0 down with $700 due at signing, $655 for 36 months, 12k. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • heavencatheavencat Member Posts: 3
    XLE silver pearl with Fog lamp, 17" wheels, EVP#3, parking assist, and carpet. MSRP is $32,835 and I paid $28,6xx.xx or $29,800 OTD. I think I had a nice deal, how do you guys think?
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    solid deal especially now that supply is low. What city/dealer?
    Hey,

Happy new year!

I'm glad to hear of that. I picked it up from Jim Coleman at Bethesda, MD.
    I live about 2 miles from there. :shades:
  • ncsiennancsienna Member Posts: 3
    Sorry,
    for late post but just got back from Holidays. Anyway brought vehicle in Hickory, NC. at Mike Johnson's Hickory Toyota. MSRP was $34,710.00, our purchase price was $30,500+ $832.00 sales tax+ license fee $69.00+dealer fee $599.00= $32,000 otd and using 0.9 for 36 months or $31,000 out the door using $1,000 incentive in lieu of 0.9 financing. It is my understanding is that you get the $1000 or 0.9 for 36 months. At least that is what we got. The low sales tax in NC is because they will pop you the rest of the time on personal property tax based on their "guessed" value. One thing I did find was that all the dealer's in NC that I had gotten a $200 lower quote
    Thanks
  • ncsiennancsienna Member Posts: 3
    intereset rate of is 0% not 0.9, sorry about that.
    Really! It's 20+ miles to my place. But my family loves this van :D
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    $32k OTD in NC w/low APR is an excellent price. Friend of mine bought the same config van (XLE, EVP #4) on Dec 29th at Lake Norman Toyota (Charlotte) for $33,100 OTD w/low APR. He got ripped off :(