Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dukevadukeva Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote for the 2010 Sienna XLE Ltd AWD EVP#4 for $36,200 (MSRP is $39,900). Is this a good deal?
  • stoyotastoyota Member Posts: 28
    Wow it is a good price and I am looking for same one. Could you please PM me FL sales rep details?

What do you think about 2011 model? Is it worth to wait?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Choice of 4 or 6 cyl and will have 6 speed transmission. Updated styling. Will cost more, as discounts hard to comeby when first introduced.
    I am planning to buy “2010 Sienna LE EVP#2” at the earliest possible. I am getting quotes 25K OTD OR 26K with 0% APR. Anyone else seen better OTD quotes OR bought on better price? If so, could you guys please reply with OTD cost?
  • nj2003nj2003 Member Posts: 7
    Can I know where u getting 25K OTD? I am in MN and I got the best quote as 25K+TTL, which is coming to 27K OTD.

Thanks
  • zoemnzoemn Member Posts: 6
    nj2003, I am in MN too and shopping for a sienna LE too. Could you please share the info where you got the 25K quote? Which dealership and which salesman? Is your LE include EVP#2? Is the destination charge included? How much documentation fee?

Thanks a lot
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Is it worth to wait?

What model are you buying? Price range?

The 2011 LE will get a standard backup cam plus a power liftgate. To me that makes it worth waiting for. You'll get XLE features at an LE price.

Of course let's see about pricing, you may end up paying XLE money. That makes it a tough call.
    Thanks for the reply and I am planning to buy LE with EVP#2. Those are good to have features, but not sure about the price and promotions. Also resale value may drop because of 2010 stamp (relatively 2011 stamp).

If 3rd gen features are very good, then the chances of dropping onn 2nd gen prices may be more.........I would wait until next month and decide.
    See, I'd wait.

That's a mid $25k van now. Not sure but the new LE may cost $27k (*guesstimate*), but if you're getting the backup cam and the power hatch, it is arguably worth it.

You may even recover most of that $2000 when you sell it.

I think I'd wait.

I waited back in 2007 to get the 3.5l engine. 2006 models had the 3.3l engine and $2000 cash back. I waited until the 2007 got a $750 rebate.

So I paid $1250 more, but I got the engine I wanted, with a lot more HP, plus down the road the resale should be better, so I'll get some of it back.

To me the engine was worth it.
  • baruchadbaruchad Member Posts: 6
    I was told that the 2011 would be coming out at the end of the month (Jan. 2010); so I am interested in waiting until I see Toyota or Honda drop some of their prices for the Sienna or Odyssey and then decide to visit the dealer with an offer. If they don't drop their prices too much, am looking to make an offer for the 2011 - would like any others interested in this to 'pool' our buying power and get the best price possible on the 2011. Will most likely head to Star Toyota on Northern Blvd - in NYC. Anyone interested? email a reply when you are ready. thanks!
  • lonestarmomlonestarmom Member Posts: 20
    Where have you read that the LE will come standard with a power liftgate on the 2011? Every source I have read shows the power liftgate as being standard only on the XLE and Limited...which is a real bummer. I was considering the XLE until I heard it will now come standard with leather and power moonroof, which I don't give a care about. Anyway, I hope your source is correct.
    Now that you ask I can't find the link.

I'm certain about a backup cam and 3-zone climate control on the LE.

Let me Google it...

Not much luck there either. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, because it's something I wish mine had?

Can anyone else help? Is a power tailgate an option on the 2011 LE (options packages may not even be finalized yet).
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/pdfs/pressrelease.pdf

The LE V6 model is upgraded with even more features including dual power-sliding
    doors and power rear door, a power driver seat with power lumbar support, electrochromatic
    rearview mirror with Homelink™, backup camera, rear window sunshades, AM/FM/MP3 CD
    player, integrated XM® satellite radio (subscription required), auxiliary audio jack, USB port with
    iPod® connectivity, and hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth®
    wireless technology, and steering wheel audio controls. These features can be added to the
    four-cylinder model as a package.
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    Either way, if buying new then 2011 is a much better choice than the previous 2010..No comparison really atleast in MHO. Maybe it will be 2k more expensive but definitely worth it--newer model,more features,better resale value,more standard safety options... :shades:
    From Inver Grove Toyota. I got these quotes from both Maplewood as well as Invergrove toyota. But I end up buying Invergrove, This does not have alloy wheels.
  • lonestarmomlonestarmom Member Posts: 20
    http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/document/2011_Sienna_Prelim_Product_In- fo.pdf?ncid=12068

Just found this at Toyota.com, I guess they decided to take away the power rear door feature from the LE. :mad:
    Still says "premilinary". Maybe it'll make it in to a package or something?

I hope they do.

OTOH, they may not sell many XLEs if the LE has all those goodies.
    Thanks, by the way, for finding that.
  • aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    > Either way, if buying new then 2011 is a much better choice than the previous
    > 2010..No comparison really atleast in MHO. Maybe it will be 2k more expensive
    > but definitely worth it--newer model,more features,better resale value,more
    > standard safety options...

I cannot agree.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/toyota-announces-pricing-for-all-15016- 0.aspx?ncid=12068

2011 LE V6 8-passenger 5 Van 6AT MSRP = $ 28,900

2010 LE 8-passenger EVP#2 + CF MSRP = $26,980

2010 is selling at ot under invoice right now, 2011 most likely will be selling closer to MSRP if not over MSRP.
    I was able to get in Dec 2010 LE EVP#2 + CF for $25200 minus incentives (0% APR for 36 months and $500 bonus cash). Invoice price is $25257 according to Edmunds, $25742 at carsdirect and I saw something like $25863 at dealer's computer. Lower price also means lower insurance and taxes. We are talking about at least $4-5K difference here. Well, there are no incentives in my region anymore for 2010.

True, there are a few nice additions and changes to 2011 - backup camera, power rear door, 6 speed transmission, knee airbag, active headrests. There are also a few things a don't like in 2011 - small Odyssey-like middle seat (the main reason why I did not buy Odyssey), new climate controls, etc

Interior dimensions also don't look really good, especially leg room:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/document/2011_Sienna_Prelim_Product_In- fo.pdf?ncid=12068

We have yet to see new Sianna's crash test results. I would expect it to be safer, but not too much.
    In this economy the MSRP pricing won't last long. Give it a month or two and the prices will drop $2-3 grand or so (just a guess).

Then we should see a realistic $2-3,000 price difference, which is fair given the extra content.

The outgoing model will be a bargain when the 2011s arrive.
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    received email from local Toyota Dealer asking if I was still interested in Sienna. I told him that I would be interested in a 2010 if great incentives came out (and I specifically stated 0% for 60) otherwise I would wait for the 2011.

His response was simple, wait for the 2011.
    > In this economy the MSRP pricing won't last long. Give it a month or two and the
    > prices will drop $2-3 grand or so (just a guess).

Economy is improving, at least from car maker's standpoint.
    6-7 months ago I could buy the same Sienna as I bought in Dec for $1-2K less.
    I was just too late when I was ready to buy, there were no 2009 in stock left.
    Sort of - any growth is basically from the stimulus. Without it we'd still be in a recession. Plus there are no jobs.

I bet we see $700 off MSRP in the first week. There's just not enough customers willing to pay full price.
    > Sort of - any growth is basically from the stimulus. Without it we'd still be in a
    > recession. Plus there are no jobs.

No, not just from stimulus.
    First half of 2009 car makers were trimming inventories and cutting production.
    They really cut supply to match weak demand so now they don't have to discount prices that much. Many people (like me) were postponing their purchases waiting for better deals.

> I bet we see $700 off MSRP in the first week. There's just not enough customers
    > willing to pay full price.

This really depends on supply. More popular trims (LE) might see smaller discounts to MSRP.
  • chochimchochim Member Posts: 2
    Yes.....you will probably be able to get 700-1000 off of MSRP on the 2011 but you can get close to 5000 off of MSRP on the 2010 (at least in southeast US). Check prices out on overstock.com for a good starting point on negotiations.
  • colleenlitcolleenlit Member Posts: 2
    Hi all - this forum was very helpful to me, so I thought I'd post. Just bought a new black 2010 LE with evp2 and floormats for 23900, otd 25106. Taxes here in nc are only 3%, 99 tag, the rest doc. Also includes unlimited powertrain warranty.

I also got a quote from a dealership 200 miles away in the atlanta area that was 23311, otd 24800, but decided not to make the drive for the $300 bucks.

I got the 23900 price by using autobrag, the 23311 price by using the american express service through zag.
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Just saw a listed price msrp of 45,927 for an xle awd limited loaded. Anyone talked with any dealer reference price of the 2011 Sienna's?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Where did you see the price of the limited? $46K is really up there for a minivan.
  • unospam777unospam777 Member Posts: 6
    Any predictions on a price drop for 2nd gen Siennas after the new ones come onto the market? Looking into getting a used 2G and wondering if it'll make a significant difference in price by waiting until the 2011's are on lots. I see between about $4k difference between the 1st and 2nd Gen models, between 2003 and 2004/5.
    colleenlit: You post is very helpful to me. I am seriously looking for 2010 with EVP#2 OR 2011. In your post I didn't see "destination fee about $800" and "regional add fee about $800". Could you please post a clear split up OR tell me how to avoid it ?

My dealer offered 23800 as a base price, but when I include every thing it is close to 26K.
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Beaverton toyota website in Oregon.
  • hahahahnhahahahn Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a White Sienna LE with EVP#2, & alloy wheels for $23,700 in New Hampshire. 299 doc fee brought it to $23,995 OTD (still have to pay TTL in MA). I still have about 3-4 quotes from dealers around Mass area for 24k for Black and Silver LE's.
  • coty75coty75 Member Posts: 3
    I just ordered my 2011 Sienna Limited AWD using the Costco Auto Buying Program. Production is scheduled for the week of Feb. 1 2010 with delivery expected around Feb. 20th. Unlike may people who fear that the dealers are not going to mark down the 2011 Siennas very much at the very beginning, the dealer is already selling them at $500 over invoice for the 2011's and $200 over invoice for any remaining 2010's. You also must add in $199 for the documentation fee, but you then get a $50 Costco/dealership gift card once the transaction is complete. So factor a net of $649 over invoice for the "out the door" price before taxes.

They did not have any issues using one of their production slots to order one of these for me at the discounted price. My only complaint is that Toyota doesn't allow you to add any options to the vehicle like BMW or other manufacturers allow you to do before the vehicle is built. The dealer must find one in production queue that has the options (or close enough to it) that you want and then can change the color, but that's it. We wanted the laser or radar controlled cruise control option, but there were no Limited AWD models for the next 6 weeks in the production queue for any Midwest dealerships that had that option. So you have to settle.

There are two Costco Toyota Auto Program Dealers in my area. I used Jay Wolfe Toyota of West County since they are closer to my house. I'm not sure what the markup is from the other Costco dealer.

As an FYI, The dealership is also a Zag.com dealership (American Express/USAA/Overstock.com) auto buying program dealer. The sales manager said that his Costco auto buying program price is lower than the other programs because Costco doesn't really allow any dealership to go much over $500-$700 over the invoice or they start balking or threatening to remove them as a preferred dealer.
  • goesselboy1goesselboy1 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell us the OTD price you paid or at least what the invoice price was? I live in KC area, so I assume price would be similar if I went through our Costco. Thanks.
    I just called one of the costco auto dealer and asked for the price for 2010 LE with EVP#2 and 2011 LE. I think costco price is not competetive at all locations, I got better quote when I visited personally than costco.

Cosrtco price:
    2010 LE with EVP#2 - $24750 (direct from other delaer quote $23700)
    2011 - $29320

Looks like is costco is NOT competetive at all the places
  • husker92husker92 Member Posts: 44
    Coty75, since you already ordered your 2011, can you post the pricing of the options that they selected?

Also, the posts for 2010 pricing is below invoice, is that right? I tried the AmEx from Zag.com and I did not come anywhere near that price (in KC area).
  • caliskywatchercaliskywatcher Member Posts: 5
    I have one child and two more on the way(twins!). I plan to buy either a 2011 XLE or LTD within the next couple of months and need an 8 passenger so I can fit 3 car seats in the second row. I have been speaking with a salesperson at my local dealership that has not been great about finding out available options. Does anyone know if the LTD comes in 8 passenger? Also, does the middle seat in the second row have LATCH?

Any suggestions on how to get the best price and what pricing will be? I am in Southern California. Please post your prices quoted/paid as info becomes available! Thanks in advance for any help. I really want and need this van :)
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    Looking for a Sienna 2011 with leather and navi (in SF bay area).

I'm guessing I need the XLE, but I can't find the options and pricing anywhere online (anyone know where I can). I really don't want the big screen entertainment stuff, but I'm afraid it will get bundled with nav.

Also does anyone know anything about the suppossed new easy to clean surface on the LE. My reason for leather is that it takes less of a beating with young kids.

Anyone pre-ordering in the bay area know what sort of deal I can get? I'm hoping for about 500-1K over invoice but am guessing that might be optimistic.
    That's about $4000 more than a loaded Ody, but keep in mind Honda doesn't offer AWD, laser dynamic cruise control, power folding 3rd row seat, and lounge chairs in the 2nd row.

$46k is pushing it, though. Was it one of those cars that dealers load up with every accessory in the book just to show off what's available?

Those Costco prices seem good, BTW. $500 over invoice already?
  • claraclara Member Posts: 17
    I have been trying to get a good deal. I wanted 8 passenger with DVD and wondering what to do. I have quote of 26,600 for LE 8 passenger with package #3.
    I also have another quote for LE 8 passenger with package #2 for 24,678 which I need to add DVD. Please tell me what you would do. :confuse:
    I went aftermarket for my DVD player, and got a bigger 12" screen for half that amount.

It all depends on whether you're comfortable going to an aftermarket shop to perform the install.
    Can I know which brand (DVD player) you have purchased? and how much?
    I got a Jensen but it was installed at Circuit City, and they're long gone now. It's a 12" screen with two wireless headsets, and cost me $900 installed, FWIW.

I think Best Buy sells and installs these.
    Just a question. What is laser dynamic cruise control ? Is it present only on the Sienna or on other Toyotas too?
  • iwannagofast1iwannagofast1 Member Posts: 2
    Did you purchase that from a private party or dealer?

I am looking at 2007 limited AWD's and trying to see what a realistic price is for them. KBB list certified pre-owned at $29K, and private party at $26K.

Can I get a dealer to go 3-4K under asking price on CPO? I am not sure what the normal markup is.
    It shoots laser beams at people tailgating you.

Just kidding. :shades:

A few Lexus models have it, not sure if any other Yodas do, though.
  • colleenlitcolleenlit Member Posts: 2
    Happy to help - the only additional fee was the dealership doc fee - $400, the rest of the otd price was tax and tag.
    I have a Lexus GX with almost all extras--so must have this dynamic cruise control..Not sure--never used it .LOL!! :P Will check this week..
    But must say I love these comfy plushy boats-- Camry and GX ;)
    I went to the Taste of Lexus event a year or two ago, and left with the impression that noone makes a more comfortable interior than Lexus. From the ride isolation, to the soft leather, to the expensive look and feel, they're the best at pampering you.

Some of the competitors drove better, but Lexus knows their customers want pampering, and you can't blame 'em for it.
  • husker92husker92 Member Posts: 44
    It has been a while since a bought a new car. Since a lot of you are either looking or recently bought one, I thought I could ask it in this forum.

I want to test drive a '10 Sienna to make sure it is what I want (obviously) and maybe compare it to an '11 if they have one. But, if I go to the closest dealership to do that, won't I have to give the salesman my name, license, first born, etc? If so, then if I decide I want a Sienna and want to deal with that dealership, can I still go thru the internet manager using e-mail? Won't that original salesman claim me as his customer?

Sorry, I am just confused. I completely loathe having to go into the dealership and deal with the salesmen face to face, but I need to drive the car before I buy it. How do I then make it an internet transaction?

Thanks for looking!