Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Aurora

Comments

• aurora5000aurora5000 Posts: 168
    Why didn't GM just put a piece of tape over the Aurora ID on the engines,put Chevy on it and go on down the road ??
  • aurora5000aurora5000 Posts: 168
    It was dissapointing to see 3 out of 9 GM cars finish the Indy 500. Only 2 were on the same lap as winner, Buddy Rice, Vitor Meira. Kite was on 197. Hornish, Boat, Fisher, Lazier, McGehee, Buhl- DNF. Rice was the closest to lead but mostly by all of the caution laps they had and smart pit stops not by the machine he was driving. Where is GM and their common sense ? I guess those 2 words don't collide much in the same sentence.
  • garnesgarnes Posts: 950
    I don't really know a lot about the Indy engines. I think they are changing. I'm pretty sure in 97 or so they were 4.0 liters. I think this year's race was with 3.5 liter engines.

Hornish was right there - what only a couple seconds behind, but died at the very end. As bad as it looked for GM this year, there is reason for hope. I don't think they were really out classed.

I too hope that GM gets a clue. Maybe the Honda/Andretti commercial will wake them up. Maybe they will think "gee look at the asset we had with Oldsmobile and didn't realize it - let's get that back".

RJS knows more about the engines though.
  • fdion1fdion1 Posts: 28
    Well, I have my Aurora back, with the replacement Michelin Pilot Sport AS, and they ride great. I'm happy again. I tought for a little while that I had made a bad call by getting the Sport AS instead of the MXV4+. Not anymore. They ride no harsher than the MXV4+ IMHO, but they grip much better.

What a fine vehicule the 01 Aurora prooves to be again.

Francois
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Posts: 1,277
    Well, the Aurora took the top spot for Larger Car, tied with the Bonneville. The Aurora took the top spot last year as well (no tie that time). I believe the Aurora also topped Strategic Vision's "Most Delightful" award last year. I haven't seen this year's results. Too bad it won't be in the running next year...
  • 53rocket53rocket Posts: 65
    I was hoping to buy one of the final 500s this year to go with my 2001 4.0 but the economy and business climate killed that one.

I will look for one next year and wanted to start researching resale figures now. Is there a VIN sequence that has been published for these cars or can you suggest a way to obtain them?

RJS, sounds like your calling...........

I'm going to try OCA, of which I am a member for my '53 rocket 88. Getting the 500 will fill the stable completely with Oldsmobiles. Probably be the only one in the state with that claim!

Thanks
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    There is a new Final 500 Aurora at Miller Cadillac Oldsmobile in Mt. Pleasant, SC. A few miles from Charleston, SC.
    I think the sticker is around 37K, but I know for a fact they will sell it for much less than that.
    Good looking car.
    Hey rocket, I don't know any definitive way to find out the sequence of numbers, but I do know how you can sort of interpolate them. Go to GMBuypower.com and you can get the VIN's of cars right there. Search for 2003's and when one has the "Final 500" package, note the VIN. Maybe after a few of them you will note a pattern. I would imagine that the VIN's are sequential as they were the last 500 off the line. But it is quite possible that VIN's are no longer that straight-forward.
  • Hi Everyone,

I thought that the last three posts regarding the Collector's Edition Aurora were a great time for me to share some great news with you. As of May 10th, I am the proud owner of a new Final 500 Aurora. I'll give you some history of my experience in purchasing it.

I originally did not think too much about the Aurora because I have been dreaming of the day that I would be able to buy a Bonneville SSEi. I have always loved it even from the original ones back in 1988. In Oct. 2002, I started doing my own comparisons and on-line research about the two cars since they were similar in price, creature comforts, performance, and that it was the last year for the Aurora. I quickly decided that the Aurora would probably be the better car for me because it had more luxury features than the SSEi such as real burl wood, was the last luxury car of the oldest car brand in existence, came with a extended warranty as standard, could be ordered with a special Collector's Edition package that may make it collectible one day, already owned a used 1990 Touring Sedan and still love it, and many other pros that quicklyoutweighed the pros of the SSEi.

I decided to buy a Final 500 if I was going to get one, so I researched dealers that still sold Oldsmobiles and had several new ones on their lots through the BuyPower website. I found a dealer in the next major city from me that had them and turned out to be the largest Olds dealer in the state.

In Nov. 2002, I went to test drive each car to see which I truly would like with actual 'seat time, interior ambiance, and performance'. I was wowed by the Aurora because my first impression was that it felt, smelled, and performed to me like a Cadillac Seville. I had to have it now! The SSEi was left in the dust.

I was told by the dealer that they were allocated two of the Final 500s and should get my name on their list early to be certain I would get one. On Jan. 3, I put in my order and deposit for one. I was the first person to be on their list. I told the salesman that I wanted every option that it came with except the Navigation radio. I wanted the cassette player radio instead because I have many cassettes that I want to be able to continue to listen to in style. My salesman later sent me a monthly newsletter that Oldsmobile sends to the dealers that had a writeup about the Final 500s and told what options could be ordered on it. I'm also collecting all stuff like this that I can get as collectible memorabilia. I could not wait to get it!!

My salesman called me on March 31st to tell me that the car had arrived. GM made the Final 500s earlier that they originally announced to everyone. The last one was made on March 28th. I wish that I could have been at the Orion plant for the celebration.

My salesman faxed me a copy of the window sticker and the dealer invoice for me to look at because I saw that the car had popped up on the BuyPower site but didn't have all the options on it that I ordered. I found out that this first one that popped up was the other Final 500 that someone else ordered. Mine popped up a few days later. I could not believe that he actually sent me the sacred invoice because we had not even talked numbers yet. I knew exactly what they paid for it and that they could not pull any funny business now. I told them that the car they ordered for me was missing the engine block heater only. Everything else was there. The salesman offered to put it on the car at no extra charge since they didn't order it like I wanted. I was shocked because I didn't even have to ask him to later in the negotiations.

On April 12th, I went to negotiate the price of the car. I wound up negotiating with one of the owners of the dealership working that day also because I intentionally got there 1.5 hours before closing to try to get a better deal by making them stay after closing. I had to wait for a while because my salesman was delivering another car at the time. We did not start until after closing.

In a short amount of time, I negotiated a price of $38,000 for the car with an extra set of Final 500 floormats and some wheel locks for the chrome STS wheels thrown in at my prompting. My final total later with tax, tag and license, extended warranty, and $3,000 cash back was $41,545.85. Sticker price was $39,955 including destination charge. Oldsmobile has a special deal that new buyers can extend the 5/60 extended GMPP a little further to either 5/75 or 6/60 for $395 more. I took the 6/60 extention and thought that was an excellent deal. Kudos to Olds for treated the last new owners of their cars right! I picked up the car on May 10th and paid a guy that the dealer uses to pick up cars from and take car to other dealers to trailer my car home. I did not want to drive it and have over 128 miles on it right off the bat just to bring it home. I bought it with 28 miles on it.

On all Final 500s, all come with these required options:

* Standard Aurora features
    * Passenger Comfort Package
    * Convenience Package
    * Heated Seats
    * Collector Edition Package

These options are the only 'free-flow' options:

* Power Sunroof
    * Bose CD/Cassette radio system
    * Navigation Radio w/Bose sound system
    * 12-Disc Trunk Mounted CD Changer
    * Engine Block Heater

I have all except the NAV radio and still need to have the block heater put in. They ordered the parts but the service guy had not done this install before and did not want to mess up the car. They gave me the parts to have another dealer more experienced with the install to put it on and they will pay for it.

Sorry about writing a book, but I thought that everyone here might enjoy a little 'glimpse' of my experience and know that someone in the group finally owns a Collector's Edition. I love the car thus far and I fight myself every time I have driven it to not floor the excellent and unique V8 engine. She has only 58 miles on her still and I am trying really hard to keep her in collectable status. That means very little driving and meticulous upkeep. I have it stored in a storage unit to keep it safe and out of my hands each day.

As for the VIN number question that '53rocket' had about the Final 500, I can answer this one. The VINs of the Final 500 will be in the 1G3GS64Cx3417nnnn to 1G3GS64Cx3418nnnn range. The 'x' is the unique check sum digit of the car and the 'n' is the last 4 unique identifying numbers of each car. I have been watching the VINs of other Final 500s left in my area of the country and this seems to be the range for them. Mine is in the 3417xxxx range, which seems to be the range of the first 100.

Thanks for reading my 'book' and indulging me the pleasure of talking about my new wheels. Let me know what your thoughts are about it and ask me any questions you may have about the car. I will answer all.

B.O.T.
  • 53rocket53rocket Posts: 65
    RJS, BRYAN.....

Thanks for the follow-up. I really appreciate it. I've saved a copy on the pc with all of the details. My only wish would have been to have my name and not someone else's on the documentation. That's the trade off for not having the cash now.I'm sure I'll kick myself for many years to come but such is life (I think I hear the "Married with Children" theme in the background).
  • ontonagonontonagon Posts: 4
    I am interested in purchasing a 2003 Aurora. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. I would appreciate any information regarding readers perception of reliability, long term comfort and performance. Would anyone buy another today if theirs was lost? Any recommendations on Foley Rice or any other metro Chicago Dealership? Is there any "dealer cash" from GM above the $3,000. national rebate? Thanks
  • musclecar97musclecar97 Posts: 111
    Welcome to the club! You're now the envy of all of us, though some of us Classic owners would need two cars as we could never part with our 95-99 models. Sounds like you need another 03, one to store and one to drive. Thanks for all the information.
  • uniguy82uniguy82 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm a 21 year old college student in search of a new(er) car. I currently drive a 1988 Olds Delta 88, which is a nice dependable car, but it sure doesn't get the chicks. I have always really liked the Aurora and have one in mind. It's a 1997 with about 80,000 miles for $5995, BUT it will need a new crankshaft right away. It is for sale at an Oldsmobile dealer. It is discounted about $2000 because of the need for repair. I am a little wary of it because it needs a new crankshaft, but it is a very clean car. I don't even know how much it will cost to replace the crankshaft, but I am betting between $500-$1000. It seems strange that it would need a crankshaft at that mileage. Maybe it indicated the car was driven hard? I have heard the Aurora is prone to some expensive repairs. My Grandma-mobile may be boring, but it is fairly cheap to operate. I need your advice, is this car worth considering or should I look for another Aurora?

Thanks,
    Bret
  • larryfllarryfl Posts: 214
    I think that price is too high for an Aurora with major engine problems. These cars are very sophisticated (read: 'Can Be Expensive to Fix') and I think you are looking closer to the $2000 or better to repair it. And yes, I would be very suspicious about it needing a crankshaft so early. My '95 has 100k miles... some on this board have more than 200K and I have NEVER heard of one needing a crankshaft.

Having said that, I love my '95 Aurora and I would certainly recommend one. The '97 and newer are probably better than the '95 and '96s (there were some potenially expensive issues fixed after 96). But if you look around a little, you should easily find one in very good shape for less money than that car and repairs would cost. Make sure any Aurora you look at (and any other used car, for that matter) has service records showing frequent oil / trans changes and servicing. Maintenance is the key when it comes to avoiding major repairs in high mileage used cars.

Good Luck!
    Bryan,

You have a prized possesion now. The 2001-2003 aurora handle great, look great, are well built, and with your 6 year warranty, you dont have to worry about a thing. I wish I had known about that warranty extension. Can you get that later on? I just hit 40K on my 2K1. I cant help it, it is so much fun driving this car.

BTW, what tires came with the caddy rims? And last, what are the trims for the 500? I know the embroidery on the seats and the caddy wheels, what else? Looks like stainless or chrome air intake vents in the front bumper?

Ciao,
    Francois
    Now that I've had the replacement tires for a few days (thank god that whole ordeal of out of round tires is behind), I think they are worth the extra cost. Just make sure you get them at the dealer and they test it on a Hunter...

These tires are the best thing since sliced bread. They are way better in the rain than the MXV4+. Slighlty more noise with the windows down, but it's a cool sound. RJS wouldn't be able to hear the difference with the Corsa exhaust :)

How good in the rain? yesterday we had a flash flood on highway 52 (north carolina) and I was on it when it happened. I couldn't tell, never aquaplaned or anything. I was northbound. Southbound I saw a flipped 2003 nissan altima (i think a 3.5). Looked like a nice pancake.

When I drive around the backroads, I usually cruise at a speed i'm comfortable with, based on the car feedback and other factors. I noticed that I seemed to be driving about 8 mph faster on the Pilot Sport AS. The steering feel is much more responsive, less "float".

Flooring it on the dry, from a standstill, the traction control never kicked in. I tried a few times. It usually did with the mxv4+.

They ride a little stiffer than the mxv4+ but you gotta pay attention to that to notice. Changing lane in an emergency is much tighter too. At any rate, I think this is a much better upgrade than going to 18", with more ride comfort, equal performance in lane changing ability (sidewall flex) and less risk of wheel damage.

There is one down side.

Mileage is going to go up more quickly...

Ciao,
    Francois
    The Final 500 is pretty cool. Question, how do you like the color? The Aurora is a lot more car for the money than the SSEi in my opinion.

Fdion, those STS wheels on the CE come with the same 235/55-17 Michelin MXV4+'s. Those tires are actually an extra cost option on the STS...

Glad to hear you like the Sport A/S's. I'll have to keep them in mind when it's time for new tires. Though I wish there were some decent Goodyears or Dunlops I could get... I imagine snow isn't a concern down there in Carolina?

Bret, I wouldn't buy that car unless you are prepared to possibly spend a lot. Question: How does the dealer know it needs a new crank? What's wrong with the current one? How did they pinpoint it was the crank without taking it apart? And if they took it apart, why not replace the dang thing?
    ontonagon - I have a 98 with 41k. I love it and would buy another Aurora to replace it if something happened. The new ones have a pretty strong warranty.

uniguy - I wouldn't touch it. RJS is right, what IS the truth about that car? What else is goofed up that is related to this problem? Why don't they fix the car and then sell it for an appropriate price? There has to be some reason they don't want to touch it, but want you to pay them for the privilege of fixing it.
  • kayaman420kayaman420 Posts: 207
    Definately do not buy that car. You can find a better deal on a fully operational Aurora without even trying hard. My suggestion is to look for a 95 or 96 with around the same milage. You'll save more money and its the same car. Some things will breakdown and it will cost you a heck of a lot more to repair than your Delta, but we all know that performance and luxury arent cheap. When you are shopping make sure to get a repair history from the dealer for the car you are looking at. My dealer gave me one for free. To me it seems with the Aurora you either get a lemon or a gem. If one your looking at has a long repair history, stay away. But if its clean its probably a solid car. I bought a 95 in 2001 and have been realativly problem free. I did have a major tranny repair though, but something has to break sometime. Once you own an Aurora you will fall in love for sure. It is a bit costly to maintain though, but if you know this going in you will not be dissapointed. All in all the AURORA is a spectacular car.

Good luck shopping
  • HenryHenry Posts: 1,106
    Okay, for me, I love my car as much as a man can "love" a thing. However, I would not advise a young person to buy the car unless they are ready for the repair bills. Like any luxury performance car, it costs to maintain it. Sometimes more sometimes less depending on the actual car you get.
  • stickking1stickking1 Posts: 247
    I have to chime in and agree with everyone else that has responded...the dealer is salivating at the thought of getting rid of that thing...stay away! My 95 has 150,000 miles on it and the last thing I worry about going out is the engine. You can find a better deal pretty easy.
      I understand your situation too. I am a college student who used to drive a 1986 Delta 88...I loved the car, but it was time to let go when I hit 300,000 and some 15 year old with her learner's permit hit me. I just got tired of having to crawl in the passenger side 'cause the driver's door wouldn't open. Talk about not picking up chicks!
      But seriously, Kayaman is right about the "lemon or gem". He and I both have '95s and share many of the same issues, and so does everyone on the board...but never a crankshaft. Good luck on the search, work hard and you will be rewarded with one of the best cars around.
  • uniguy82uniguy82 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your advice everyone. It is a non-issue now because the car has already been sold to a wholesaler, but I wouldn't have bought it anyway after I heard what you all had to say. I know I should probably stick with what I have, but I really want a nicer car. I see everyone else my age driving relatively new cars and here I am stuck with a 15 year old car. It is hard to have champagne tastes on a beer budget!
  • Hi all,

Wanted to answer and comment on posts so far.

*Ontonagon* - It is excellent that you are interested in purchasing a 2003 Aurora. There is no dealer cash incentive available right now that I know of for the Aurora. However, you should be able to negotiate a very good deal on the remaining ones on Olds dealers' lots. I would advise you to use the Oldsmobile website's 'Locate Dealer' pulldown from the 'SHOP & BUY' link at the top of the page. Search all over your part of the country for Olds dealers using major city and state combinations in the area. You will have to look through all the dealer links presented to search for dealers that have 2003 Auroras still on the lots. I cannot comment yet on long term reliability, but the car seems comfortable and very powerful with the V8. The 5/60 warranty on Oldsmobiles is the best warranty GM is offering as standard equipment right now, even beating Cadillac. That ranked very high in my decision to buy the car. Good luck in your Aurora shopping!!

*Musclecar97* - I truly wish that I could buy a second Final 500 to put away as my real collectible and drive the one I have right now. That would be awesome! Alast, reality kicks in and the pocketbook is now empty. But, maybe a used one in excellent condition in some years to come. That is extremely possible. Stay tuned!!!!

*Fdion1* - I'm afraid that you will not be able to buy the extention now that you have exceeded the mileage of the new car limited warranty of 3/36. However, you should still have the 5/60 if you didn't trade it for the $1,000 additional cash rebate. Go easy on the miles from now on. The Final 500 comes with the MXV4+ tires on the STS chrome wheels as 'RJS200240' said. The 'W' rated tires were not offered. The Collector's Edition package comes with some very nice emblems, dark cherry color, and embroidery. No chrome on the front bumper though. Go to this link on the Olds website and check it out. - http://www.oldsmobile.com/collectors/aurora
    I am still waiting on my Collector's Appreciation Package to arrive also.

*RJS200240* - I really like the color. It is very dark as you have been describing it in your previous posts. It is so dark that it seems almost like color shifting paint. The sun has to be very bright out to really see the metallic sheen of the paint, but it sets the car off from other Auroras when you see it. It makes you take a second and third look at it. I also really like your Cherry 2002 as well. The dealer I bought my car from still has a new 2002 Cherry V6 model that they have not been able to sell yet. I was able to get a good look at in bright sunlight. Very pretty. I have saved and continuously enjoy the movie clips of your car that you posted. The sound of the V8 excites me every time. I think I made an excellent choice in this car. Even though a fully loaded Final 500 is around $2,000 more than a fully loaded Bonneville SSEi, it is a more luxurious, unique car and worth it in my opinion thus far. A fully loaded Park Avenue Ultra is over $2,000 more than a fully loaded Aurora and comes with 'FAUX'(fake) burl wood dash and 3/36 warranty. All Auroras has real burl wood as standard and 5/60 warranty. That is an automatic blow off of the PA for me even though it is nice too. Near Cadillac ambiance, feel, creature comforts, performance, warranty, and quality at over a $15,000 discount from a fully loaded Seville STS. This is the best deal luxury car GM has to offer this year in my opinion and I'm very sad to see it go!!!

Bryant
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    $3000 is currently available on all Oldsmobile cars.

Other discounts to the dealer are:
    Plus a $400 salesman spiff. Plus several thousand in cashback from Oldsmobile that is not advertised and of course a 3% holdback that amount to over 1K on the Aurora.
    You'll have to post some pictures of the owner's package when you get it. Also, the only part of the CE I haven't seen yet is the engine. Maybe you can snap a shot of the Olds heritage logo on that sweet V8...

Hey, Im glad you like my clips. They arent all up any more so if you missed any, I can probably email them to you. Just FYI, but I also have some shots of the CE at the NAIAS in January. I posted them here in the picts page but all the links seem to have broken. So, you can just go to my cardomain page if you hadn't seen them yet (though you could also just walk out to the garage now and see the same thing... ;) )

I look forward to you sharing more of your excitement with your Aurora as your time with it progresses. Next thing you know you'll be slapping up IRL posters and such... :)
    I know Greg has some IRL stuff up at work, so what kind of Aurora paraphernalia do you all have? Post what you've got!

In my garage:
    - framed Aurora IRL V8 in front of an American flag background poster 2'x3' (this is my fave)
    - framed IRL V8 cutaway poster 2' x 3'
    - framed Aurora "Race car, Pace car, Your car" poster 2' x 3'
    - waxed 2002 Cherry on neutral Aurora 4.0 ;)

At home:
    - The CE Aurora brochure that I'm meaning to frame
    - Olds DVD with some cool Aurora footage
    - framed Non-Aurora 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette convertible with a reflection of a 1959 Stingray racer (the Mirror, Mirror poster)
    - Non-Aurora 50th Anniversary Corvette clock that on the hour chimes out a different exhaust sound from various Corvettes over the last 50 years (the ZR-1 is like 8:00 but is just the sound of it starting up... sort of a bummer...).

At work:
    - 5" x 8" photo of the Aurora GTS-1 (#5 that won the GTS-1 class at the 24 hrs of Daytona) that I saw in Detroit.
    - 5" x 8" photo of the Aurora IRL V8 that won the 1997 Indy 500 (both of these photos I'd like to get printed in 8" x 10")
    - 3 pictures of the Aurora from the 2003 Oldsmobile combined brochure (can't believe they don't have a separate one for the Aurora... Glad I kept a 2002 brochure, though I wish I'd kept a 2001 since it was the nicest, but from what I understand not nearly as nice as the classic brochures).
    - The CE Aurora brochure
    - framed 4"x6" photo of my Aurora
    - Minichamps 1:43 (HO train scale) model of the Aurora GTS-1 prototype/test car.
    - Minichamps 1:43 model of the Aurora GTS-1 #1 car.
    - Minichamps 1:43 model of the Aurora GTS-1 #5 car.
    - The sound of my car accelerating as my Windows logon sound... ;)

I would like to add a model of the Riley & Scott Aurora V8 WSC car, since it was the one that won overall in IMSA and at Sebring and Daytona and various other places. I've been thinking about buying some videos of the 1996 24 hours of Daytona. It must have been something to watch the Aurora fending off Max Papis and the Ferrari 333SP's. The fact that Olds also won the manufacturers championship that season is even more impressive when you consider that Ferrari had about twice the number of cars racing (I believe Olds typically fielded two cars while Ferrari fielded about four), thus many more chances to rack up manufacturer points.

Anyway, what sort of Olds stuff do you have? Maybe you'll give me some ideas!
    car:
    2001 Arctic white on neutral Aurora 4.0

media:
    -1995-1999 Aurora brochures
    -1999 Olds range brochure
    -1999? (from memory) OSV (Olds specialty vehicules)

(other brochures for the Recon, Intrigue, Bravada, Silhouette etc)

-2001 boxed press kit w/cdrom and slides
    -2001 brochure (booklet)
    -2001 single page brochure
    -2001 test drive vhs

-2003 Olds DVD

technical:
    -2001 3 book shop manual
    -2001 microfiche set

computer:
    -Screen saver I made
    -numerous desktops
    -Simulation software I wrote that simulates 0-60, 1/4 mile etc for the whole Aurora range.
    -1999 Aurora 3d model and simulation model for Racer.
    -1996 Riley & Scott Olds model and simulation model for Racer.

There is one guy who works as a 3D artist on movies in california who has a 2001 Aurora and he made a 3D model of it. I've been trying to contact him to see if I can use his model to make a simulation model for Racer. He has a web page which I found one day, but haven't been able to find again since...

Francois
    What I got:

At work:
    - 8" x 10" photo of the Aurora GTS-1 (#5 that won the GTS-1 class at the 24 hrs of Daytona) that RJS saw in Detroit.
    - 8" x 10" photo of the Aurora IRL V8 (engine shot) that won the 1997 Indy 500 - also from RJS.

Hey man, they printed out really nice at 8 x 10 for me. Lot's of pixels in those shots. Again, I highly recommend getting these pictures from RJS - they are nice.

Also a kick-butt Indy/Aurora V8 poster that RJS sent. The %#%#(& UPS #&^*&^$(^ jerks damaged it a little but it's still really nice - framed and all at work. I swear the Samsonite Gorilla works for UPS now. They smash all my stuff.
  • nne3jxcnne3jxc Posts: 134
    You wouldn't want to share the screen saver and desktops, would you? (Assuming they're freely distributable.)
    If you need a place to host them, let me know -- I can toss them up on my site.

Jim
    Hey, where did you get the press kit from? I've seen some on Ebay. Is it worth having? Also, what kind of R&S Aurora model did you get?

Here's my desktop at work and home. The blue blends in with the Win2K blue (I have a different blue for XP at work). If you are interested, I could size it (I use 1280x960) and blue it for you. Just send me an email: