Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma: Problems & Solutions

1353637383941»

Comments

• cmerrill5cmerrill5 Member Posts: 1
    My '97 Tacoma (only 56k) has been having the same jerking problems that you have described. I bought the truck in June, and has been fine until this happened. The jerking coincided with the check engine light coming on, and when i got the diagnostic, the code indicated to replace the facuum switching valve. They cleaned the EGR valve vacuum systm and replaced one of the valves. The next day out of the shop, the check engine light came back on and the jerking continues, so they seem to possibly be unrelated. Any ideas? stunt have you gotten any helpful hints on your jerking issue?
  • nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    The new 2007 Camry 6 speed automatic seems to have a shifting problem. Too many gears, always hunting. Check out the "Camry wooes" here at Edmunds
  • jeff_smithjeff_smith Member Posts: 1
    I just got my new 2007 Tacoma Crew Cab and have the following problem: I choose cold air (without AC), but the air I get into the car is always warm - even if its cold outside. I really dont want to use always my AC System to get fresh air into my car. Does anybody know a solution for this problem or experienced the same?
  • blatiolaisblatiolais Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE AN 03 4WD TACOMA. I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY BOAT TRAILER LIGHTS TO WORK WITH MY TRUCK. I HAVE RAN ALL NEW WIRING ON THE BOAT TRAILER. I HAVE HAD 5 DIFFERENT FRIENDS HELP ME LOOK AT THIS AND WE ALL KNOW THAT THE TRAILER IS WIRED PROPERLY. (IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE)THE TRAILER LIGHTS WORK ON MY FRIENDS TRUCK (FORD)BUT NOT ON MY TOYOTA. ON THE FORD ALL THE LIGHTS WORK ACCEPT WHEN HE HITS THE BRAKES THE LIGHTS GO OUT. ON MY OTHER FRIENDS 4RUNNER (TOYOTA) THE LIGHTS DON'T WORK AT ALL. IS THERE SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT TOYOTA'S WIRING THAT WOULD CAUSE NO LIGHTS AT ALL. I HAVE TRIED ALL THAT I KNOW TO DO. I KNOW MY TRUCK WIRING HARNESS WORKS BECAUSE I PLUGGED IT INTO A LOWBOY TRAILER AND IT WORKED FINE. I HAVE TESTED EVERYTHING WITH A VOLTAGE METER AND EVERYTHING SHOWS TO BE GOOD EXCEPT IT LOOKS LIKE I AM LOOSING VOLTAGE BETWEEN THE TRUCK AND THE LIGHTS. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION.
  • bcnicholsbcnichols Member Posts: 1
    Your jerking problem sounds very familiar. However mine is a '98 Tacoma 4x2 with a 2.4 liter. The jerking has cost me nearly $2k and nothing has helped. It started with less than 50k miles on it. It now has 100K more miles. The jerking only gets worse. I changed fuel pump, fuel filter, engine computer, plugs, wires, etc, etc. As you said, I had it to several Toyota mechanics and other reputable mechanics to no avail. Each of them suggested a course of action. No one seems to know anything. I've considered driving it into a tree for the insurance but I'm just too honest. I do wish it would die permanently so I would have to replace it. I won't get any trade-in value out of it as it is.
  • tacc261tacc261 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my new '06 Tacoma Double Cab V6 4x4 truck yesterday and I've been noticing that there is a ticking sound (I believe someone else referred to it as a "sewing-machine" type sound) when I accelerate but mainly at lower speeds. Anyone know if that's common with all of the newer model trucks or is it a problem that needs fixed. I had an early model V6 Tacoma for a few years and that engine sounded nothing like this one.

Thanks in advance for your input!
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. Many of the large generic discussions (like this one) will be closed to new posts, and we ask that you continue in the more focused discussions that you can find at the Group page for the vehicle, linked below. This discussion will not be deleted, so you can still search for information in it.

We recognize this is going to take some getting used to (for the hosts too!), so please bear with us. If you have any questions, you can always email the host of any discussion - the link is at the top of each page to the host who oversees that discussion.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Toyota Tacoma Group

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host
This discussion has been closed.