Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Compact Pickup Comparison: Frontier, Ranger, Tacoma, S10, Dakota, B-Series, & Hombre

Comments

• tgravo2tgravo2 Member Posts: 70
    I have seen the Ford commercial but they do not say anything about a truck having over 300k miles
    Im just saying it was in the brochure of a guy having 1 million miles on his toyota. A guy I knew had 259k miles on his 93 ranger, that was the most I have ever seen on a ranger. I believe Fords can last long, I just think they are the 2ND most reliable truck behind the Tacoma, In full size, I prefer the F-150 over the Tundra, but I am more of a compact truck person.
  • plutoniousplutonious Member Posts: 799
    How long did it take you to find those quotes/posts, anyway? Bored, are we?

I'll admit, I wasn't aware my truck had an open diff when the locker wasn't on. Do I care? No. I've learned in the process that when the Ranger's LSD's cluth plates wear out it'll perform exactly like an open diff but still won't have a locker. Winning off-road combination, huh? The more I learn, the more I realize how great the Tacoma is, and how inferior the Ranger is...

As far as mistakes go...well, we all know who said "Rangers have lockers," "Rangers outweigh Tacomas by 600lbs," "Rangers have 2" bigger pumpkins," "Rangers have their beds welded to the frames," "I jump my Ranger," "My Ranger's never been abused," ETC. Are you going to be consistent and call your fellow Ford fan to the carpet? NAH!

Furthermore, I seem to remember a debate you and I had regarding shock absorbers and their placement. You were quite confused and frustrated. I'd like to post your remarks here but for some reason you deleted them...
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    It is time to STOP this inane personal nonsense.

If you have a problem with another user, do NOT take your shots at them on Town Hall. If you feel the need to do that, do it in email or somewhere else.

If you can't restrain yourselves, you're putting your access to Town Hall at risk. That's not a threat, just a fact. This nonsense takes up too much time for everyone concerned.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• tbundertbunder Member Posts: 580
    pluto won't die. he just directs the blame on someone else. he never makes mistakes. but others, oh the nonsense. now i know why i have no interest in visiting mexico. lmao

pluto, do you actually know how to even change your oil? i bet you take it to jiffy lube.

oh but wait, you're the man. ROFLMAO
  • midnight_stangmidnight_stang Member Posts: 862
    Took about 5 minutes of searching to find that one Pluto. That's about all it was worth too. I found a few other interesting hypocritical statements, but you don't see me posting that list everytime I get bored or to throw off the conversation.

I just find it interesting that you claim others were too unknowledgable, when you didn't even do the homework on your own statements.

People make mistakes. Shame on them if they make the same mistakes over and over. Otherwise let the old mistakes go, or you'll be the one deserving the shame.

I've also got your shock absorber argument right here... (you can guess where) :) No victors in that one, so why keep fighting it? It's just done differently. Next, are you gonna bring up the Ranger door locks again?

Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.
  • allknowingallknowing Member Posts: 866
    Maybe you guys missed post #504.
    we didn't miss it. we're just trying to explain to others that the reason there was a post #504, is because of pluto's neverending quest to stir trouble and live in the past. he's the one on here who totally out of the blue starts crap. period.
    If the Ranger's better than the Tacoma, why don't you guys simply post comparo results where the Ranger was rated higher? We've posted links where the Tacoma outperformed the Ranger.

All your little opinions don't mean squat without some real-world evidence to back them up.
    http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/survey-results-rc-top-bot.pl

Compare maintenance costs between the Ranger and Tacoma. Ranger cost about 6 times as much to maintain!

Your turn. I want to see some links showing the Ranger is better...

• akweilandakweiland Member Posts: 6
    I was wondering if anybody knew how much a 2002 Tacoma extra cab v6 with manual and color keyed pachage with trd should cost. My local dealer here in Alaska told me That I couldn't even get a base v6 manual for under $23000. I think he trying to take advantage of me, am I correct??
    Two months ago a salesman at the same dealer said he could get me a limited for around $25000.

Please give me some feedback.
    Does anyone know for sure what the 0-60 MPH and 1/4 mile times are for a supercharged s-runner.
    I've heard it's fast but would like a number.

Or if anyone has supercharged,headers,exhaust, intake,chip to a 2001 or 2002 Tacoma 4X4 V6?
    akweiland--->Talk to a edmunds user named "smgilles", he has a supercharged Taco, not sure if it's 4x4 or what year exactly, but he may have a timeslip.

pluto--->You didn't find that, it's smgilles find.

All re: that link--->I'm curious about the methodology of that link. I wonder why you don't see any Tundra's in there at all?

Also answer this question seriously, if consumer A owned a vehicle with no problems, and Consumer B owned a vehicle with many problems, which consumer would be most likely to complain or post their beef with the vehicle, say by taking an online survey?

Factor that in with the amount of vehicles on the road.

If you look at the breakdowns, they become convoluted. For instance, 1999 Fords compared with 1999 Ranger shows an average of 580 Dollars spent on Fords, and 360 spent on Rangers. But the breakdown into system components become suspicious. Ford Cooling system, exhaust system, and Air conditioning show little to no problems (well below industry average). Engine, Brakes, transmission(auto), Electrical and suspension all show above 1999 industry average costs. However in each instance, the Ranger shows 0 cost per category.

So how does 0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0 = 360 for the year of 1999? Is this factoring in old 1983-1999 Rangers with repairs made in 1999, and comparing that to 1995-1999 Tacomas? Something doesn't add up.

I'm not discounting the Tacoma has a better reputation, but I don't think we are looking at a broad population of consumers to make this one of those rules to live or buy from. It does make a good supporting argument, however.
  • sc0rpi0sc0rpi0 Member Posts: 897
    Ah, you are looking at buying what I got :)
    2002 TRD SR5 Xtracab, V6 manual 4x4, with power, and thats about it, I paid 21,800 - 400 college grad rebate + TTL.
    Of course, this was in TX. I'm not sure now easy it is to get a truck in Alaska, but lets say that: I went through the net, wrote to the dealer that I wanted exactly these options, calculated invoice price on them, gave him 3% holdback (they already get 2%, so 5% is not too bad) and that was my offer. I ended up paying, with rebate, $100 over the invoice (there are some tricks: SR5 package enjoys a nice $700 discount off the MSRP, but when you buy it invoice, you sort of have to pay the full price). I spoke with a dealer, he told me he'd have to get it from the distribution port, and it'd be 2-3 weeks. 4 days later he called me and said it was in the parking lot waiting to be picked up.
    For all your charged needs, go to www.tacomaterritory.com , it's a tacoma offroaders board, they have plenty of people with charger, headers, air, etc.
    Thanks for the Information scorpio. Up here in Alaska, trucks make up probably 55% of the vehicles. However, there is only one Toyota dealer in the whole state and they are trying to rip me off.
  • smgillessmgilles Member Posts: 252
    I have a S/C 4x4 and have ran low 15's (15.2) was the best time, but I also have 32" tires. I imagine a S-runner is in the mid to high 14's with just a S/C and lows with exhaust and headers. I am just running S/C and a better filter. I am currently looking to upgrade exhaust and headers. Check out the website scorpio gave you, lots of good info. there.

Do not buy the Jet chip. They do not work with our Tacomas because the ECU is not reprogrammable. So basically they are snake oil as far as I am concerned.
    I've seen posts with the S-Runner supercharged running 0-60 between 6 and 6.5 seconds.
    well, i finally did just check it out. i find it amusing that pluto tried to claim it as his, when smgilles posted it here and the other forum us close edmunds forum users use. "look what i just found". hehe

anyways, ok, that's a good argument for you toyota guys. good points. but, stang is right. that argument or article really doesn't represent the whole buying public. surveys don't mean squat. they are just a sample of the general public. kind of like election polls, they mean jack. everyone knows parts for a ranger are cheaper than any toyota part. also, if you're going to post links like that, AT LEAST maybe they could be current? i mean, we're almost into 2003 model year territory and that article was still using 1999 models.

pluto- im not gonna try and find an article for you. i simply don't care. i like the ranger AND the tacoma. whatever one suits my needs, i will buy. they're both good trucks. i just happen to be a ford guy and always will be. if ford doesn't make a crew cab ranger for '03, ill probably end up getting a tacoma for a year or at least until ford makes a crew cab ranger. im passing on the liberty or any suv for that matter. i actually don't care what others say about what truck is best. for me, the ranger is just as good, and better than the tacoma imo. it is just as good off-road with some real tires and even an aftermarket locker if you think you need one. i never did. they have more power and more creature comforts along with a sturdier built chassis. all for a lower price. and even with better tires and maybe a locker on the ranger, you're still looking at a truck that's cheaper than any tacoma w/o any of those things.
    "if you're going to post links like that, AT LEAST maybe they could be current? i mean, we're almost into 2003 model year territory and that article was still using 1999 models."

You have a dazzling intellect, tbundy. I would really like for you to explain to us all how reliability surveys can be conducted on 2003 models. You see, tbundy, when such surveys are conducted, they need to encompass trucks that have been around for a while to see how they held up...hence 1999 models and such being used in the survey...

"pluto- im not gonna try and find an article for you"

Why not? I've always found it easy to find articles where the Tacoma beats the Ranger! I think what you're really saying is "I CAN'T find an article!"
    im saying I DONT CARE. grow up, how old are you anyways?

and if your theory is right, how come jd powers can come up with real world data in a year?

why dont you find some current material, instead of posting about '99s and your ancient '98. everyone knows that the ranger was improved in a lot of ways for the '01 model year. yesterday i even saw a pre-runner version ranger called the TREMOR. it is all stereo. what's toyota got to offer to compare to that? oh yeah, nothing.
    "and if your theory is right, how come jd powers can come up with real world data in a year?"

Well, now how can JD Powers do that with the 2003s? Have they been out a year? Now you're saying JD Powers has "real world data?" Except when it rates Toyotas as superior, right? LOL, you are the most consistently inconsistent person I've ever "met!"

OOOH, the TREMOR!!! I'm trembling! Come back and talk comparing trucks when Ford equips their off-road specific trucks with things like lockers instead of MP3 players...
    So.....Liberty is out too. Well, I can't say I did not see that coming. Why don't you just get a bestselling Escape? 5-7 recalls a year don't seem to bother you, so why not?
    What does "it is all stereo" mean? It has a big "doof doof" stereo? From what I could find in 5 seconds, Tremor has 3.0L engine.....thats not a good thing. At least our prerunner comes with 3.4L (or 2.7L 150hp one). So how can you say Toyota got nothing to compare to that?
    As for JD Powers: they are also doing a survey.
    And if done properly, surveys can be a real statistical indication of the measured phenomenon. And if you want to mention JD Powers: In 2001 data, Ranger did not score all that high. Certainly lower than Tacoma.
    Wasn't Toyota the first to come out with 2 wheel drive trucks (PreRunners) that sit high and appear to be 4x4s? NOW FORD IS COPYING TOYOTA'S IDEA? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO???!!

"it is all stereo"??

Maybe those excessive "deafcibels" have taken their toll on tbundy's logic...
    Can't you debate without personal attacks or insults?

Scorp---> The tremor package is a lot more than just a 3.0l engine. http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=11505

Kinda overkill to me, but would be cool to be factory equipped. Only 6000 will be produced. Sort of like the limited edition Mach I mustangs coming out, and the ultimate GT-40 to be produced.

My 93 Ranger has a very similair sound system, except mine is totally aftermarket, without a subwoofer built into the cab. I could see a younger me contemplating a Tremor ranger. At least it would have saved me a lot of time running wires all over the place under the carpeting and to the battery.

Pluto---> Ford is trying to appeal to the consumers. That's why they offer the monochromatic package with 4x4 suspension, various audio packages.

Your hatred and animosity towards Fords and Rangers only prove how much your fear the competition.

So let's just appreciate the diversity, and chill out on the insults.

• steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    I have been monitoring this since inception and have yet to see as childish group as T&S&P. Get a life. People buy the vehicle that suits them. If it works for you fine, but don't go taliban. I have driven Fords for over 35 years. I am a big fan, but my current truck is a Dakota. It has the power to pull what I tow, the room to haul four and fits in my garage. I have been very pleased with the reliablilty and love the looks. This is what ownership is about-finding the vehicle that makes you happy. Toyo is not one of the biggest manufacturers because it puts out junk and neither is Ford. (I'll pass on GM)
    i never said they have info on 2003's, i just said they have it on the '01's since they named awards for the '01 model year. and "your" article only has '99's in it, and we're already close to '02 model years. just proving how outdated your little article's information is. and it is. and scorp, their award's a little different than a survey or poll. its what they think is good. and like you said earlier, its whatever is pretty new that gets it. after all, the gmc sonoma and envoy won this year. and according to your highly intelligent (uh, yeah) cohort pluto-baby, gm's quality is the shtis. whatever. im just waiting for his response to stang's posts on the other board. seems tacoma isn't as good as he thinks others think it is. scorp, you need to chill. everytime i mention something the ranger has or can be had on one, you totally ditch it and call it stupid or retarded, ie. mp3 player, 6 disc in-dash cd changer, two towhooks, but you took that back now didn't you. just cuz you can't get a factory supercharger on a solara, and you can on the new cobra, do you think it's stupid too? just be happy that we live in a country where a person can get pretty much any vehicle that suits their needs from the factory and not have to do anything to modify it. a 600 watt stereo or whatever it is with the look of a 4x4 is a pretty sharp truck to the person who is looking for something like that. i would think that this truck would be pretty popular down in california or florida. dont ditch it cuz toyota doesn't offer it. jeez.

and all-wise one- the ranger "trailhead" came out in 2000 as a pre-runner. the edge was introduced in '01. don't know when toyota came out with fake-runners, dont care either. i personally hate these types of trucks. sorry sad. just mo.
    So..tbunders point about "does Toyota offer anything like that?" refers to a deafying sound system, rather than a truck itself? Well, I can't say I'm impressed. Why does Toyota need to compete with that? I can get a prerunner with strong engine, put an aftermarket stereo system into it, white face gauges (or flaming). All that stuff is available aftermarket.
    actually, i think the new tremor has a new gauge cluster. white faced too. just like the new explorer sport's, special seats as well. you got us on an engine though (although getting the V6 on an otherwise stripped down tacoma would cost an arm and a leg as compared to getting the 3.0 V6 in the tremor standard). but, just like your s/c argument, that sound system you put on your truck wouldn't be warrantied. i cant believe you went there anyways. cuz everytime we say we could just buy an aftermarket s/c for a ranger, you throw that back in our faces. slip up?
    Ah, yes, the award itself is useless. But have you looked at the rating they do? Don't look at the awards, but rather rating system they have. Ranger loses.
    Charger in a cobra? Great. It's a hotrod, it's bound to come with a charger.
    PreRunner: it came out in 1999. So who's copying who? Oh, wait, you don't care.
    I'm not ditching things just because. I definitely don't agree with having mp3 players in trucks: those two don't go together. A big-[non-permissible content removed] stereo belongs in a rice burner, not a truck.
    You don't get the picture about charger:
    is Ford going to give you full warranty on it?
    Toyota will.
    Of course, V6 in Tacoma would cost an arm and a leg. Considering that 2.7L I4 is nearly as powerful as your 3.0L, I think it's not a problem.
    The PreRunner came out in 1998 with the new body style. One of my friends has one.

tbunder - so you are saying that you might by a Double Cab Tacoma now? you said they were cheaply built and overpriced.???
    will ford warranty the s/c on the cobra? uh, yeah.
    will toyota warranty your aftermarket stereo you said you'd just put in a tacoma pre-runner? no. you didn't address my issues in my post. what "awards" are you talking about? nice bow on the s/c issue i threw your way. you can put in an aftermarket stereo to compete with the FACTORY equipped tremor truck, but we can't put on a paxton or vortech s/c on a ranger from the aftermarket?

tgravo2- yeah, i do think toyota's are overpriced. but yeah, i would buy a d/c for the right price. i dont hate toyotas, just dont think they're built as rough as a ranger. its obvious. all you have to do is look at axles, shafts, skidplates, sheetmetal thickness, frame thickness. but i do like them. gm doesn't build a ZR2 crew-cab. that new ZR5 is a joke. its just flares and other stuff. i dont like the dodge. the nissan is okay, but a little iffy to own one. the tacoma and ranger kinda resemble each other in style. so that's why i'd buy it. i probably will wait until august to see if ford comes out with a 2003 crew cab ranger or something. but if not, i can see myself in a tacoma dc. i have decided i definitely need a truck. i will be hauling my motorcycles in it, wheels and tires, moving crap, etc. an suv is useless with that kind of need. later
    How can the Tacoma be rated so superior in quality over the Ranger by virtually every major publication (less repairs, etc.) yet not be built as rough as the Ranger? The Ranger obviously only appears that way to you. If the Ranger was built better it would have far less repairs on average than the Tacoma which isn't the case.
    i said rougher, with heavier duty parts (go compare door and hood metal thickness, or frame thickness). whether or not those parts dont have the quality of toyota's is a matter of opinion. both sides have provided links saying the other truck is better. its all opinion. the buying public happens to think the ford is the way to go since ford sells boatloads more than toyota.

ford gives you better (dana) sturdier axles, thicker driveshafts, larger engine, more horsepower and torque, yadayadayada. you can't see spot-weld marks on any ranger. they're all over on the tacoma. the ranger can tow more and haul more. it is just a more heavy-duty/work oriented truck. it is an all-around designed truck. it can work and go off-road. whereas the toyota is obviously only designed to go off-road with its huge TRD decals. ford fits their trucks with standard stuff they know the buyer is going to need to work it. all that stuff is optional on the tacoma. also, the government says the ranger is safer too.
    According to stang's link from the other thread:

"...if you think you're ready for a formidable compact pickup, there are none tougher than Tacoma. The 2001 Tacoma is just the latest in a long line of tough Toyota trucks. Forged on a girder-like chassis, Tacoma wields an available double overhead cam multi-port fuel-injected V6 powerplant. With towering ground clearance and a strapping stance, this rig is all business."

We all know how you hang on every word that stang posts and take it as gospel. Doesn't this directly contradict what you just posted above? You're in quite a quandary. You don't want to disagree with your idol stang. Now what are you going to do?

Oh my! Stay tuned folks, the suspense is spiraling out control...
    i honestly feel sorry for you pluto. are you human? i can truly see that you have no one who loves you. its quite obvious as well that you are an angry person, and an introvert at that. one who can type away, but when it comes to actually doing anything face to face, you avoid any type of interaction. maybe that's your whole problem, you need this exchange. you need people to answer your little challenges. after all, you post numerous ones each day. do you ever notice you're the only one who does this day in and day out? i mean, you have never mentioned your truck or anything about it. do you even have one? or do you just like to fight about them? my sympathies to your pitiful little life.
    if I am wrong but I heard you guys discussing the supercharger as they don't come factory and aren't warrantied by the manufacturer. Ford does warranty the Mustang and the supercharger that they install- But only on the Ford SVT Mustang Cobra. Just thought I'd throw it around.

Has anyone checked out the new 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra-390 HP and 390 lbs.-ft. of torque.
    Yikes!!! I've decided to sell my 1999 GMC 2500 4X4 just so I can go order a new Mustang

Here's the link for the 2003 SVT- Don't get mad at me for talking about a sports car in here

www.amiautoworld.com/stories/review.cfm?instanceid=24300
    Ok. I can see where you are going with that one. While I agree about the warranty and aftermarket issue, what troubles me is that a big stereo is nowhere near like a charger. Neither in price, but more specifically in the negative effects it has on the truck. You can put a charger on your Ranger, but not being covered by warranty, if you run into any problems with the engine, you are royally screwed. Time to get a new engine, 'cause Ford will definitely reject your claim that "supercharger did not cause this problem". A big stereo has a negative effect on your ears, for the most part, and ears of others.
    Yes you can get a nicer stereo in the Ranger and it is warranty by Ford, that is an advantage over the Tacoma stereo, but what I think the Toyota guys are trying to say and are right about is how is this stereo going to help you in the work field or off-road? That seems like a good argument for the charger from Toyota being under warranty. Why doesen't Ford offer one? The stereo they offer has nothing to do with what a truck should be. And don't even say it is because they have a big enough engine already, cause Toyota also makes the charger for the 4.7L V8, and I'm sure they will make it for the new V6 coming out.

BTW-its off topic but has anyone seen the new Ironman Stewart edition Tundra, its supercharged, and the interior is better, it looks pretty cool. I'll try to find the link.
    "i honestly feel sorry for you pluto. are you human? i can truly see that you have no one who loves you...my sympathies to your pitiful little life." - posted 1:18 AM Pacific Time on Friday night.

Hmmm, don't you have better things to do on Friday nights in the early morning than obsessing about what happens on Edmunds.com? What were you saying about "pitiful little life?"
    "Yes you can get a nicer stereo in the Ranger and it is warranty by Ford, that is an advantage over the Tacoma stereo..."

If stereos are your thing, I'm sure a better one than Ford's can be purchased cheaper and covered under warranty by the installers/stereo store.
    First off the time posted is Eastern Time, not Pacific. So that would make it about 11:18 PM. Anything further judgement beyond that is your own personal perception.

Second, in your post #535, your quote from a link that I gave is the same link that ranked Ranger #17 and Tacoma #21 out of 25 cars in America with the most purchase orders or price requests made. If you click on any of the 25 cars, you'll get nothing but praises for each one, and most come straight from the brochure. You discount one of the links because it was published by a magazine called "American Woman Road and Travel", even though I showed you a perfectly valid methodology for that ranking. Then you quote another link and claim it as gospel? I guess next time you try to "challenge" me to post any links showing the Ranger better than the Tacoma, I'll just ignore you.

Also, about 5-6 years ago, I built a sound system for my Ranger. 2 JBL 2", 2 Kicker 6 1/2", and 2 Kenwood 5x7 powered by a Crossfire 4 channel, 400W Amp. Alpine CD Changer, and Head Unit. MTX 8" sub and MTX 250W Amplifier. Total Peak Power 650W. Total Cost (including all the monster wiring, fuse box, passive crossovers, etc) just under $1,800 and a lot of time installing it myself. (Professional installation would have probably added another 4 to 5 hundred to the cost.) Warranties? Ha, you're lucky if you get a one year warranty, and you will pay extra.

All this still runs today on a bone stock, factory installed Alternator.

The tremor includes a 10 inch sub built into the extended cab, and 4 6x8" speakers, about 165W less peak power, and at least 5 years advance in new technology. Not to mention the in dash 6 disc changer. Even the Mach 460 sound systems found in Mustangs are from JBL I believe. You will have to go to the aftermarket, at incredible expense to get something better.

But again, why does that bother you since you have no need for it? Just another option available to those intersted. The tremor is a special order package I believe, with only 6000 ever being made.

tbunder--->Don't forget, Pluto has the perfect truck, because he drives those flooded streets in Mexico.

akwieland--->I think the 03 Cobra is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see the Mach I's on the street either, and soon the GT-40 will be available. Ford is doing some very cool things with it's 2003 models.
    You must have missed the point completely. I was just saying I would rather have a supercharger under warranty than a nice stereo. Of course the Tremor package has a nicer stereo than the Tacoma, I was just stating a fact. I said it also doesnt make much sense because trucks aren't designed for use of nice stereos, they are designed more for work.
    The GT-40 was a concept I believe, I don't think it will be put into production because they think people will not buy a $100,000+ Ford when they can buy exotic cars for less or equal price, that tend to be more reliable. I'm just stating what i read somewheres
    I think you're confused on the time zone issue. If you post a link, you will notice the posted time is in Pacific Time, not Eastern Time. I'm posting in Central Time right now, around 2:30 P.M. but Edmunds will say it was posted around 12:30 P.M., which is most certainly Pacific Time.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of car steroes. I find the whole "doof-doof" stereo scene and their excessive "deafcibels" rather annoying.

I agree with tgravo2 about the stereo thing. I bought my Tacoma TRD 4x4 because it is hands down the best performing stock off-roading truck, and it has superior reliability. The stereo was the least of my concerns, but the fact that it came with an indash CD player (in 1998) certainly was a bonus.

Regarding this whole "American Woman Road and Travel" thing...I can just imagine you and a few guys sitting around talking trucks over a few Lonestar beers when you mention your favorite publication whose word you take as gospel, and then you become the laughing stock of the group, like you are here!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    with personal attacks. Seems senseless to me but I guess that's the only way they can feel better about their one star side impact rated truck. It does get old though..........
  • smgillessmgilles Member Posts: 252
    I happen to agree with you on stereos, because I love a good sounding stereo and have well over 1,000 cd's so I want quality.

Within the first week I put in a Alpine head unit, Boston Acoustic 6.5 components upfront and 6.5 2 ways in the back all ran by a 4 channel Alpine V12 Amp. I alsp have 2 10" Alpine type R subs in a competition box ran by a two channel V10 Alpine amp. I must say it sounds really nice and took me a long time to hook up. I couldn't believe how much all the monster cable cost me. It cost me close to $2000 for everything I believe. I should check the receipts.

It does sound nice though. Who says I can't off-road in style???
    I've seen nothing more conclusive on the production of the GT-40, other than it will happen. Numbers, Cost, date available as still very unknown, but will probably be in the ball park of the Z06 and Viper in performance and cost...

http://www.flagshipnews.com/archives_2002/feb282002_15.shtml

smgilles--->Stock stereos are getting better all the time. However I just love it when 35-45% volume is loud enough to vibrate the sheet metal. Everything I have is jammed into a Regular cab, too. But I really do like Alpine. Wish I had their amps instead, but I pieced my system together over a couple of years. What's wrong with having a concert hall on wheels? The ironic thing is, I mostly listen to talk radio now. Occasional CD's on short trips and stuff, but no "doof-doof" stuff. :)
    LOL
    I don't think the Tremor is such a bad idea. If it's priced decently, I'm sure Ford will find a good market for this truck. You can't knock Ford for trying to cater to the younger truck buyer.
This discussion has been closed.