Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• big_guybig_guy Member Posts: 372
    I was really pleased to see the 5-star government crash rating all around for the 2002 MPV. Does anyone know when the new offset crash test will be done by the insurance institute? The 2000-01 MPV did pretty well on the government tests too but not as well on the offset crash test.

The MPV is still tops on my list of possible purchases when the lease runs out at the end of the year on my current Caravan. My father has a 2000 Ody that he is possibly going to sell to get into a 2003 Pilot. I expressed interest in purchasing it from him but he wants to get ~$25k for it. I can get a new 2002 MPV LX with Lux, Security, Rear Air, and several other goodies for less than $25k. It makes me sick to see 2 year old Ody's demanding prices between $25k and $28k! That is a minuscule depreciation for a two year old vehicle! What is even more sickening is that my father can probably get that much (or more) for his Ody so he won't cut me a deal to get it for less (especially since he wants to get into a Pilot which will run him in the mid $30k range).
  • drmpdrmp Member Posts: 187
    Since your father owns the ody, how about cutiing him a deal of 0% for five years or pay when able?
  • javadocjavadoc Member Posts: 1,167
    Man, they could put wheels and an 'H' on a meadow muffin... it'd sell like hotcakes (oh sorry, really bad, unintentional pun) and never depreciate! That's just crazy.

Big, buy it for $25k and gamble on selling it for $27k (only cuz I wouldn't keep it, lol).

/j
  • mrnimmomrnimmo Member Posts: 271
    maybe state law. Check soon!
  • mrnimmomrnimmo Member Posts: 271
    Actually it is probably state law or they wouldn't have written that in the contract. It may be a provision that cannot be bartered away as a term of the contract. Call an attorney or the attorney general (good luck) and make your demand for your old car soon.
  • tbcreativetbcreative Member Posts: 357
    Oh, yeah, that's for sure. But I'm just occasionally asking if anyone has any info on additions for the MPV like paint colors, or interior amenities, before my wife and I get serious about when we want to buy one. I wouldn't change or add much of anything to the MPV, it's nearly perfect, but we'd like it if Mazda would offer more color choices, like Millenium Red (I know, for the hundredth time!).
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    ...that the 0% financing is on a 24 month loan, not the lease. The smaller print below the 0% financing thing is in regards to a lease deal ($299/48 months w/$2851 due at signing).

Check the Edmunds incentive link, you may need to resubmit it with your state (I used WI):

http://applications.edmunds.com/incentives/step1.jsp?id=lin9101

According to that, 4.9% for anything above 24 months.

Here's another link to incentives & rebates:

http://www.autosite.com/new/grabbag/rebatet.asp

That link is showing 5.9% for anything over 24 months. Neither link shows the $1500 rebate, probably meaning it's dealer cash.

A 2000 Xterra at trade in good condition according to kbb.com is $12k, but I didn't choose any options.

I believe that if I calculated correctly, invoice for your MPV LX is $24,313.

Pardon for asking, but is your credit ok? Sometimes you can't qualify for the better rate because of that. But, I doubt that is the case. Is the financing through Mazda or a local bank that the dealer works with?

-Brian

I agree, Red would be sharp looking. My wife likes the dark blue, fwiw. Hopefully they don't axe that color when we start looking at the end of the year.

-Brian
  • drrocketdrrocket Member Posts: 67
    I stopped by another Costco location to place an order for Michelin X Radial Pluses for my '00 MPV ES, only to be informed by the tire dept manager that I must replace my H-rated tires with H-rated or higher tires because "that's what the vehicle calls for." Since I was asking about Michelins, he offered either the Pilot XGT H4, or the Energy MXV4 Plus as being available in the OEM size of 215/60x16. Of the two, he recommended the Pilot XGT H4s as being more suitable for a minivan [with the soul of a sports car]. Neither were in stock for that size, so either would have to be ordered.

When I inquired about moving up to a size 225/60x16, he said it was doable except that it would void my "bumper-to-bumper" Mazda warranty (re: suspension-related issues) for not being the standard OEM size. So I placed a minimal deposit to order the Michelin Pilot XGT H4s in the OEM size of 215/60x16.

This evening I did some research and discovered from the TireRack survey that the Michelin Pilot XGT H4 rated slightly better than the Dunlop SP 4000 A/S tires that came standard on my MPV. I also learned that the Bridgestone Potenza RE950s rated significantly higher than either of the aforementioned tires, however is only available in 225/60x16, not 215/60x16. But another consideration is that most of the reviewers of the Potenza RE950s seemed to have smaller, sportier cars [than the MPV]; in fact, I did not notice any reviews from minivan owners.

So what's a girl to do? Should I let my order ride on the Michelin Pilot XGT H4s, or should I try to change my order (assuming they'll let me) to the Bridgestone Potenza RE950s?

Time is of the essence; the Costco instant rebate ends Sunday. ;>(
    I have a couple of questions I'm confused about with information missing from the MPV literature:

1) When I priced an MPV on Edmunds TMV, there was an option for a self-dimming mirror with temp./compass gauge, but it's not in the literature, and I've seen some comments about it here. Is it a dealer install, or an option not listed in the brochure?

2) Is the MPV the only mini-van that has 2nd row seat windows that roll down? I haven't looked at EVERYTHING out there, but I know the GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan vans don't. So, why isn't Mazda making a big deal about it in their literature and ads? Does Ford have some hold over that, not wanting them to out-sell the Windstar? Whenever I mention it to people considering a mini-van, they immediately say, "Wow, that's cool! Are you sure?!" And then they're hooked after I show them the pictures in the brochure, when they realize how sharp the MPV looks. Then I tell them about the warranty, and all the features, and before you know it, we're on the way over to the Mazda dealer to check them out! Well, okay, not every time, but they're always very interested, or upset if they have a van that's not up to par.

3) As a follow up to that, who's doing Mazda's marketing and brochure design? I think with a little advertising tweaking, Mazda could dominate the market better across the board. They have really great products, backed by great warranties, that a lot of people don't seem to know about. I would love to turn that around for them, and be their creative marketing director/consultant! ;o)
  • basurfbasurf Member Posts: 42
    I am rewriting this post because I looked up a few things.

Isn't that 0.0% only for lease?

I pulled the trigger and these are my results what do you think?

Initially I had them at 3.9% interest no rebate. First they tried to raise the interest rate to 4.9% I said no way and almost walked out on principle because he told me he never told me 3.9% @ 60 months when I had the paper right in front of me. I don't play that game at all. He quickly changed his tone though and said ok 3.9%
    Then they gave me an option of a $1500 rebate and 7% interest rate which effectively lowered my monthly payment or the 3.9% rate with no rebate.

Then they got me with something called gap insurance. I didn't HAVE to take it but I did. Basically, if I total the car the insurance company will only pay book value. So if I owe more than that it has to come out of my pocket. The gap insurance covers 150% of the MSRP. So I shouldn't have to pay anything. Is this a scam? I need to call my insurance company I guess.

Here is the deal I ended up with. They are having the car shipped from another dealer and adding the 2 options below listed as "dealer installed" since it doesn't already have them.

MPV 2002 LX
    LX Security Package
    LX Luxury Package
    4-Seasons Package
    Rear Bumper Step Plate (dealer installed)
    Rear AC
    Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror (dealer installed)

Trade In 2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4 52,000 miles

money down:
    -1500.00 trade in(payoff on xterra 13,000).
    -1500.00 rebate

60 month 7% interest.

I paid $232.91 for the gap insurance.

So did I get a good deal or not? I know it is a great vehicle...just looking for opinions on the deal. I checked my credit union and the interest rate there is 6.25 (not much diff than the 7%).

To the poster on the credit (I have an excellent credit rating) and they even stated this to me. So all this wheeling and dealing is not factoring that in.
    Looks like they probably did ok on the trade, but I can't really tell since I didn't know the options. Try pricing it yourself here on Edmunds and KBB. Use trade-in values of course ;) I usually figure the average of the 2 values is what I should expect.

And I mentioned that it looked like you got the van for invoice. Of course, they probably got some minimal ($250?) padding on the gap insurance, and the finance rate is ok, but Mazda is saying 4.9%. I wonder if it's an either or thing - take the rebate or take the financing, not both?

Is it Mazda financed or bank financed?

The way I'm reading Mazda's incentive page is that it's 0% for normal financing. Then, they placed the text for a special lease rate directly below that (probably too close really). So, it looks like the lease rate text is part of the 0% BOLD text. Treat them seperately. 0% for 24 months financing. OR special 48 month lease for $2xx with $2k down.

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen a 0% lease rate, anyone, anyone?

-Brian
    Yeah the total was $40 over invoice per www.carpoint.com

I was using Edmunds for the trade in value of the Xterra $15,573 for outstanding condition $14,935 for clean.

I am thinking it is 4.9% which is why they tried to wiggle out of that 3.9% they originally quotes me. The guy told me it was either the 3.9% or the 7% with a $1500 rebate. The 7% $1500 rebate made my payment lower.

This was financed at Mazda.

I really don't think I got RIPPED...this is such a great vehicle. I just think I could have worked them a little more and probably gotten $1500 rebate and a lower interest rate. Then again maybe they wouldn't have budged...it is hard to say.

P.S. To the person saying they can't get the 4 Seasons Package. This one (LX) has all the optional packages but did not have the compass/temp mirror and rear bumper step plate I wanted. They told me they would put those 2 items on when they received it from the other dealer though.
  • sritrovatosritrovato Member Posts: 20
    Hi. I was the one who mentioned the 4 seasons package. I didn't mean to say that I couldn't find it. It's out there all over the place, but I did not particularly want the lux. or sec. packages which were previously required. It is now available with the only requirement being rear air. Since this configuration is still new, and since people often want the other goodies, it will only rarely show up on lots this way (and probably not soon). Meanwhile, to address the rates!!! Things may have changed over the last couple of days, but when I spoke to MazdaUSA on Monday, this is what I was told: 0% for 0-24 months/3.9% (down from 4.9) for 25-60 months nationwide. So far it appears that anything mentioned in print with 48 months is a lease. The incentive money IS dealer cash so it's one or the other. HOWEVER, I balked at the 6.9% rate and eventually got another point shaved off. Financing was handled by the dealer, but through a bank. People First is offering (as of Tues) 4.95% with an on line app. and approval. Edmunds links to them. Hope this helps.
    ah those deals seem to go along with my experience the last two days and my purchase

I bet if I haggled with them some more I could have secured a better interest rate...oh well 5.65%(linked off edmunds 60 month) to 7% isn't a HUGE jump or anything.

I will be happy with the vehicle I am sure!
    since I have just finished going over for days all the different features of minivans and some other vans the mpv included I will try to answer your questions... I have to admit I was a bit confused about some of the options like you can select DVD Entertainment system at Mazda's website on the builder and on some places...but lots of articles still say you can't get it and Edmund's doesn't list it as an option either.

1. Yes, it is very strange that none of the literature specifically shows the self-dimmed mirror with temp/compass, however, it is a factory option. However, a dealer can add it...the one we just ordered did not have the mirror on it but I wanted it and the dealer said they would add it when they received the car from the other dealer.

2. Yes, the MPV is the only minivan with roll-down windows for the second seats. The sales people do make a big deal about it and I actually think it is a big deal. I looked at all the other minivans and I did not like that fact that some you could not open the windows at all...others you could only crack them open (not roll down).

3. No idea who is doing there marketing. I will tell you that I almost missed the Mazda MPV on my quest to purchase a minivan. It was looking like Honda was the way to go then I just happen to come across the Mazda. I read all the reviews here from owners...I read the safety ratings...on and on...and the MPV suddenly "zoom zoom"ed right to the front of the list of best minivans.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    All Mazda incentives were changes yesterday (friday) around 4pm EST....

They are the best overall incentives I have ever seen for new Mazda's.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    with you rich. They are putting some serious money into moving cars this month. Not a bad time to buy at all.
    What are the new incentives?

I am not completely done with my deal...found out that the gap insurance is not needed. I called them and said remove the gap insurance and give me a new dealer purchase through a different bank (I can get a better insurance rate than the 7% from the dealer) and I will keep the deal. Otherwise, I am going somewhere else. Just curious what the new incentives are if I have to go somewhere else.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Mazda does regional incentives...so I'm not sure if the incentives here in the northeast are the same in your area...

We have 0% for 48 months and no payments until Jan. 2003.

or you can take a higher rate and get a small rebate.
  • dave234dave234 Member Posts: 7
    Just want to throw this one out there and am looking for all of you experts to reply. Told dealer I would give him thumbs up or down by Monday.

Went to a dealership and priced out a 2002 MPV LX with luxury package, security package and 4 seasons package, rear AC along with moonroof. Asked about getting factory DVD, but was told it was not available, so told him it was OK for dealer installation.

Price quoted: $24,500

No financing. Is this good deal or not?
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one baffled by these issues. I forgot about the DVD system also being confusing to me. The Mazda on-line builder shows that and the mirror, but Edmunds only shows the mirror. A Mazda salesman I spoke with told me that most of the vans coming from the factory don't have the mirror, but they could certainly add it at the dealer. He also said he didn't think you could get the DVD system yet, but it may be coming in the fall. Of course they could also install that at the dealer, but I'd probably get a DVD/VHS unit installed by a friend who's a district manager of Best Buy, for a bit less.

I think the windows that open is a HUGE thing that Mazda should be exploiting in their ads, along with the new safety ratings, increased power, 3rd-row seat that folds flat and functions like a tailgate, and the 5-year warranty! I can't believe that I almost over-looked this incredible vehicle!

My wife and I have just become licensed foster parents, and are planning on having biological kids as well, so we require a vehicle that can not only accommodate those needs, while providing convenient transportation for all of our Phoenix-bound visitors, but also remain exciting to own over a 5 to 10-year period. Now, I like to trade vehicles sooner than that, but my wife is much more practical than I am, so if I'm making that concession, and we need to get a mini-van, I want something I'll continue to be excited about for the duration that it's with our family. I think the MPV will do just that. I would love to be a spokes-person for the MPV and help turn their marketing around!

Have I mentioned lately, that it would REALLY do that in a nice Millenium Red? ;o)
    From my research so far, that seems like a good deal. I'm curious to see what the MPV vets have to say...
  • pjd58pjd58 Member Posts: 366
    Price seems OK, not great. I assume you are paying cash. Mazda just introduced new outstanding incentives yesterday. I would go with zero financing at your price. Each region has different incentives, here in the Midwest, Mazda is offering 0% for 48. Call Mazda NA customer service to check your area, they will ask for your zip code. Some dealers don't like to make incentives public.

If you are paying cash, I would offer $4000 less MSRP. Ricart Automotive in Columbus,Ohio is selling all 02 MPVs at 4K below MSRP(Columbus Dispatch's Sat), no hassle. No special financing and all rebates to dealer.

Good luck,
    Pjd58
  • pjd58pjd58 Member Posts: 366
    Off topic, I detailed my MILLENIUM RED 01 Protege yesterday:) I'm rooting for you to get a Mill Red 03 MPV. My Wife has a Sand Mica MPV, nice color but not my first choice. Keep calling Customer Service and nag them:) Mazda needs to offer a red MPV. I saw the perfect red 02 DC CARAVAN the other day. But who wants a Caravan? Not me!
    Pjd58
    0% for 48 mos is sweet, and 6 mos of no payments?

I think we'll finish paying off the credit card first. :(

-Brian
    I know! If Dodge, GM, and Honda, to name a few, have a nice metallic red color, why can't the "Zoom-Zoom" company? The color choices are so bland, no offense to your wife's choice! ;o)

A Mazda salesman told us something interesting. He said that if the dealership were to order a minimum of 10, like a fleet, Mazda has a deal where you can get them in any Mazda color, as long as they're all the same. So, we could get Millenium Red, but the dealership would have to make an initial investment. But I figure, all they'd have to do is advertise them as being unique, and they'd sell like hotcakes! Hmmm...

Anyway, keep rooting for us, and I'll keep bugging Mazda, while I consider a way to talk a dealership into that fleet deal!
    My wife also likes the Midnight Blue Mica, which is a sharp color, and close enough to black (my first choice). I'm with you. If Mazda doesn't add a red to the lineup, I really hope they don't drop that blue before we're ready to purchase one between this fall and next spring. They'd REALLY be lacking in color choices then!
  • sritrovatosritrovato Member Posts: 20
    I would really like to know, if there is such a place, where to find posted, the specifics of current incentives. It seems like every site has either outdated, or incomplete information. I realize that changes occur all the time. What's the best way to find out? Thanks
    I posted a message last night, and it's awol. Should've been right after tbcreative's post #3634.

Strange... the site *was* lagging something fierce, so maybe edmunds was having issues then. It was about 1:00am Pacific. ah well. :)
  • evaddaveevaddave Member Posts: 156
    While I browse the Edmunds sits for just about everything automotive, for some reason the incentives section doesn't seem to get a lot of attention. I've had good luck finding info on incentives at carsdirect.com. I haven't followed up with a dealer to see if they are more accurate, but they seem to update more frequently (and the numbers are biggger, too!).
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hi Javadoc - went camping in the "Sawteeth" last night so no idea if TH hiccupped. Apologies.

Evaddave, thanks for the plug (I think, LOL). Here's the link:

Incentives and Rebates If something looks "dated" or missing, please send a note to the data guys via the Feedback Form.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • calden3calden3 Member Posts: 11
    Hi group:

I went a-vanning today, looking for a new car, focused on the Odyssey and a VW Passat. Of course the dealer pointed us towards an MPV and we really like it. What are people's experiences with snow driving? We have moderately snowy winters, about 55 inches a year, and have loved our dying 85 Toyota Tercel 4WD. I am apprehensive about getting a FWD car. Does the MPV handle as well in snow as the dealer claimed?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Alden, June 30
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    Have had our 02 MPV LX with security, luxury, rear ac, 4 seasons, roof rack, and step bumper for 3 weeks now ($23,665). Been waiting for something bad to report so I didn't sound like a Mazda salesman, but can't find any...

This machine is awesome. We took it for a spin 6000 feet up the hill on a 105 degree day full ac, never budged the temp gauge nor did anyone push me into the turnout (first time ever).

The MPV handles and drives like a dream. The 16" Dunlops stick on curves like the dw on a cold winter night. I finally had to let up when my 9-year old said he was getting a little sick. Awww.... The tranny and engine are dialed in, I love the way the computer matches the engine torque and holds the tranny in one gear without the back and forth shifting...Engine has no dead spots, just revs smooth, quiet, and powerful to 4000 rpm (nothing more yet, still breaking it in) Nice touch with the front drink holder having a neat little cell phone compartment...

Sorry, no problems to report :). No stinky exhaust, no rack noise at 80 mph, very little road noise. I do have the "wedge" as some have put it. Wiper control still confusing, I bumped it one time and managed to activate everything before I could shut it off. TCS worked great, I thought I would spin tires going uphill in soft dirt.. but nothing, just like a good dream...
  • canielcaniel Member Posts: 28
    I can't find any incentive/rebate sites that confirm what I've read here among my fellow MPV friends. We have a 2000lx and would love to go for a 2002 lx, but I've got to get the skinny on the rebates/incentives. Edmunds site is not helpful, unfortunately. Any information anyone?
    Thanks!!!
    The MPV handles like any other fwd vehicle in the snow.... as in very nicely. The decent ground clearance of the van is great when you have a heavy snowfall. With 55" a year of snow, I'd be suggesting dedicated winter (studded or studless) tires, b/c all-seasons just don't cut the mustard in serious winter conditions (imho).

/j
  • beachnutbeachnut Member Posts: 291
    ... since he lives in Alaska. Hey doc, I didn't know that the other 8 people up there drove MPV's too! Did they show up for the BBQ? =)

Once_for_all: Glad to hear you're enjoying your new MPV! I would certainly hope that you'd have no problems in 3 weeks ;-), but it's good to hear someone say they don't have the Stinky!
  • sd1228sd1228 Member Posts: 46
    Ignore my earlier question about incentives.
    I called mazda and this is the info I got :

2000$ cash back with no financing or
    1000$ cash back with mazda credit financing
    Just found this out from mazda toll free number
    for cust service.
    The rep mentioned that this is for ALL regions.
    Valid from 6/28 to 9/3 (though he said that it
    could change without notice)
  • bean3422bean3422 Member Posts: 183
    The person that told you that putting 225/60 R16 tires on instead of 215/60 R 16 tires voiding your warranty has fed you a load of *&$*#. If you really want to be safe, you can contact Mazda and ask that question, but I have change tire sizes on all of my vehicles and never had a warranty issue. The only thing to watch is a more than 3% diameter difference, because that can affect ABS, and other sensors. But all modern manufacturers build a certain amount of tire size tolerance in their vehicles. Personally, I would go with the RE950 in the 225/60 size. Just remember, it will be about .5-1% bigger, so the speedometer will register 1 mph or so faster than it actually says. (Which will probably not be a problem, since most cars register higher than the actual speed anyway. Their little way of helping us avoid tickets!!)
  • owr084owr084 Member Posts: 46
    I just received an e-mail from K&N today. They now stock a filter for the 2002 MPV. From their web page:

Search Results: You Searched For:

Year=2002
    Make=Mazda
    Model=MPV
    1 Matches Found (displaying 1 to 1)
    Model Engine Product Part No Comments
    MPV 3.0L V6 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2177-1 All

RBB
    See, same filter as for the 2.5L. :-)

/j
    Tires aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty, anyway, right? So, I agree with Bean3422, go with the bigger tires! You probably won't notice any difference in your speedometer with that little of a change in diameter anyway. I went from 235/75R15 tires to 30" x 9.50" BFG All-Terrains on my Jimmy and when I've passed by the free-standing radar displays they put up as a deterrent, my speedo was still exactly matched, as it was before I changed tires. And that was a difference of about 1.5" of additional diameter.

Just about all the tires they put on our stock vehicles are usually smaller than the vehicle's maximum capacity, mainly for EPA efficiency rating reasons, but it's also due to contracts manufacturers have with tire companies. They tend to get by with the minimum on the base models and offer upgrades for the more up-scale models, but still may not be the biggest or best tire you can get. If you get a good quality tire, made of good materials, with a good tread life, you should be able to get whatever size you want up to the maximum allowed by your wheel well, and sacrifice nothing, except maybe a little in fuel economy if you go with a really wide tire (more friction).
  • danandkatdanandkat Member Posts: 67
    But wouldn't a wider tire be more likely to hydroplane?

Sorry, everybody--I couldn't resist! ;<)

danandkat
  • dave234dave234 Member Posts: 7
    Won't pick it up until Friday, but just bought a 2002 LX with security, luxury, 4 seasons, rear A/C, rear spoiler, roof rack, rear bumper step and dealer installed moonroof and dvd (Audiovox) for $24,500, before taxes/license.

Odometer has 2 miles on it! Am looking forward to putting on many more.

Thanks everyone, for all your posts; the information was most helpful in the research and purchase process.

Only downside was that general manager expected me to drive off the lot with it tonight and and come back to get the dvd and moonroof installed. Also wanted more than the $1000 deposit I offered. Started to get up and walk out and he relented.
    So is this if the dealer doesn't finance it or what?

My credit union is cutting me a check and I am writing the dealer a check out of my bank account.

That is if this dealer cares enough to even call me back.

An update to my little issue...I called the dealer and told them I would go for the deal but nix the gap insurance and I am financing through my credit union. They still haven't figured out if they can cancel the previous paperwork. They never called me back today either. I told them I have a check coming for X and call me to let me know where we are on this deal. I suppose I will drive by there in the morning and see where we are on it. Sounds like everyone is getting a better deal than I did. Though I guess I have no deal at all until they actually sell me the car.

I got LX, security, 4 seasons, luxury, rear ac and I tacked on rear bumper step plate and temp/comp mirror. $24,285.00

There was a $1500 rebate on the previous deal as well.

We shall see...I will keep everyone updated.

One thing that worried me...they said they had to get this from another dealer and he estimated the mileage at 870 miles...that seems nuts to me for a new vehicle!
  • buyersoonbuyersoon Member Posts: 7
    I offered 13300$ for a 2000 MPV DX with 25K miles from a private seller- they agreed to the price. I was told it still has 1 yr or 11K miles left on the manufacturer's warranty (3yrs/36K). It has a clean title according to Carfax.

However, warranties are tricky. Will Mazda dealers honor the warranty - I have no service records, I don't know if the previous owner used Mazda parts????

Also, the people are not very nice! And, no rear air, no cruise. Any advice. I am really interested what will become of the warranty once I buy it? Plus, any 2000 DX owners out there with problems?

Thanks alot.
    I started looking around at some other threads and 800 miles is truly insane...hopefully that guys estimate was just way high. I am thinking there is no way I would take this thing with 800 miles unless they did some serious discount on the price. Any thoughts?
    I'm confused. You said the dealer was installing the moonroof in your van? I wasn't aware that this was a dealer-installed item. I thought that moonroofs were built into the van on the assembly line, but I could be wrong.

/java
    Java: I think Dave is getting an aftermarket roof installed rather than the Mazda roof. And a DVD system too!

re: 3653: if you're not satisfied with the condition (mileage included) of the vehicle BEFORE signing the final papers and handing over the cash/checks, DON'T! I personally wouldn't take a new vehicle with 800+ miles on it, unless that was disclosed up front (in this case it really wasn't) and then priced accordingly. You can take it for a test drive before signing - give it a good look over if you still want it. Are there any other dealers in the area? Maybe it's time to move onto a different dealer?

-Brian
    no other mazda dealers in the area...however, doesn't mean I can't call or travel

I am giving them one more chance today...going to go by the dealer. They still have not called me on it...very strange. It may only have 50 miles on it...who knows...this guy told me he was just estimating. If I get this one I am still very disapointed in this dealer and how the process went. Will find out for sure today. These guys are AutoNation too.