Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra 5-door

Comments

• zigliflerziglifler Member Posts: 99
    Yes i am very happy with my GT . And the changes stated above i agree with totaly only thing i would add is a retactable antena . The car ahs all the other goodies why not a power antena ?. Also give the people that don't want a sunroof the option of abs and tcs . If i could have got the car with out the sunroof i would have gotten the abs and tcs . But u can't so i had to pass on it :(. It is a peppy car but with a GT on the side i wish it had just a tad bit more horsepower . But i guess for what cars cost today and what u get in it how can you really complain . I guess you could if u were an anal person but .... Over the best bang for the buck . If someone wants a new car and doesn't want an accent you can't go wrong with a GLS or a GT in my book . But i like Hyundai so i may have a tainted view .
  • witelierwitelier Member Posts: 3
    I went to: Huffines in Plano
    They have some GT with automatic.

Big Billy Barret in Garland(635 and Jupiter) three times!!
    They have one 5speed manual(color: burgandy, option:none). They say they can install moonroof for $1,000 bucks. (I think that's a nonsense. Moonroof option is only about $500 according to edmunds.com!) They even sell that vehicle which is made in 2001 above the sticker price.
    (Their price was $14,499)
    They have 3(I believe)GT with 4spd automatic.

I called Allen Samuals Dodge Hyundai in Forth Worth.( I saw an ad saying Elantra GT $2,000 off!)
    They said they don't have GT with manual now but, they will have some in Jan 15th.

Here's some information I got from dealership.
    They say they only have two Elantra GT manual in TX. They have one(Big Billy Barret) and one in Houston.

The one in Houston has moonroof an it's black.
    They tried to sell that with extra shipping charge(It was $700.) When I get the price of that black GT, they said it was already been driven 4,000 mile!

I can't recommend any dealer because I've just gone 2 but I surly don't recommend Big Billy Barret in Garland

If you find GT/manual/ABS in DFW area, Please let me know.
    Thank you in advence.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The final drive ratio on Elantras (and many other cars) between the auto and the 5-speed. I own a 5-speed GLS and have rented automatics, and have noticed that the automatics are consistently about 10% lower RPMs than the 5-speeds at the same speeds. Also the automatics are quieter, probably due mostly to lower engine RPMs but I think there's something else at work there.
  • qhuy00qhuy00 Member Posts: 21
    I just visited freeman huyndai in Irving and the short time i was there, i saw nothing but gls's and not one Gt in site. On that ad that said 2000 off on Gt, is that to an automatic Gt?, if it's an automatic, i'm gonna be all over it. I saw the same ad and the picture was of a Gls and thought it must have been a typo and didn't think twice about it. I'm looking for an automatic since i drive in the city a lot and the thought of shifting numerous times does not appeal to me. I did ask for a quote from billy barrett and they quoted me a Gt w/auto for 14.8 with an included unheard of 500 dollars advertising fee. I hope you have good luck finding that 5 spd, it seems kinda weird that Gt's are so hard to find in such a big metropolitan area like DFW, i've seen only 1 driving around since the Gt first came out. Anyhow, good luck with your search and let me know if you find any good deals.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    Just a curiousity: Why can't you pump your own gas in NJ? That sounds pretty ridiculous to me!
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    It's a state law there. Always has been.
  • zigliflerziglifler Member Posts: 99
    I use to live in NJ and you could never pump you own gas from what i can rememeber . It was either a thing to preserve jobs or a safety reason not sure . One of my first jobs was at a gas station . If u live there be happy you pay less for gas than i do in CA and you don't have to get out of your car ...
  • fcorradofcorrado Member Posts: 2
    Yes, Oregon and NJ are the only two states you can't pump your own gas.
  • cjaccettacjaccetta Member Posts: 236
    ...but we NJ residents also don't get any of the freebie gas station chotchkes that oil companies give away (you know - buy eight gallons of super unleaded and get a CD of holiday music, etc.). The only exception seems to be at Hess, where you can still buy the Hess toy tanker trucks at Christmas time.

In NJ, we are truly the land of "offer void where prohibited!" At least our gasoline prices are some of the least expensive in the country.

12,450 miles on my GT and still pulling 25-27 mpg around town. Elantra GTs and GLSs are popping up like weeds in the Garden State. Are people getting cost-savvy and leaving the 2 year old Honda Civics to the boy racers?
  • mpgmanmpgman Member Posts: 723
    Seems like my mpgs have gone down about 2 per gallon or so regardless of the type of driving. Think it's the winter fuel blending? I seem to be driving the same.
    I'll be damned if I let someone besides myself pump gas into my cars! The main reasons being they sometimes cause the engine light to come on for not tightening the gas cap properly (as mentioned above) and secondly because they won't take the care required to keep a gas cap from scratching the paint. Example: my 02 Lancer has a strap that holds the gas cap but there is no real place to store it. If someone were to let the cap flop down carelessly, they could scratch my paint! That law has to be the silliest thing I have ever heard. I sure hope they have more then just a few people out there pumping in order to keep things flowing quickly.
  • cjaccettacjaccetta Member Posts: 236
    Yes, it does sound silly that you can't pump your own fuel in NJ, and yes, there are often several people working the pumps at any given time. However, they are generally pretty careful with your car (most times they crank that gas cap on so tightly that I fear they will warp the filler tube). In practice, the system isn't as bad as it sounds.

How's the Lancer working out? Did you replace your Accent? I looked at the Lancer and was impressed with the room and price/feature ratio but I never drove one. A co-worker of mine also bought one last month. Dark blue - very sharp. Almost as big as the Elantra GT.
  • gottfried1gottfried1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, try as I might I cannot find a single flaw in the automatic GT I bought December 30.

Except, the odometer is a bit hard to read in daylight - sometimes.

Gottfried
  • urbanzephyrurbanzephyr Member Posts: 29
    Here in massachusetts individual towns may outlaw self serve pumping. It seems to always be cheapest at stations where they pump for you. I prefer to have the kid pump my gas.
    I kept the Accent. 21k miles and continues to be a great car. Since the Lancer is built in Japan, I should be able to see first hand whether there is any quality and reliability difference between Japanese and Korean cars. So far I love my Lancer. I got a silver OZ Racing Rally Edition. This car turns heads like I have never seen, especially the teen crowd (prompting me to get an alarm pronto and making me laugh thinking of how Toyota wanted the same crowd with the dowdy Echo). I have 4k trouble free miles. The car drives beautifully and is extremely solid, hands down a better car than the Sentra, Civic, Protege, and Corolla (lightyears better than the 97 Altima that was replaced by it). It's amazingly quiet, rides like a much bigger car, and has plenty of room. The engine is buttery smooth since it uses twin balance shafts and the auto shifts smooth as well. I would have to say the Elantra is a better buy overall since it has the better warranty, lower price, more powerful engine, and availability of ABS and side airbags with a manual tranny, but it couldn't match the 000 deal. The Lancer has a higher quality interior and better looking and feeling cloth, not to mention much sportier looking styling. Anyway, I highly recommend the sporty and refined Lancer as an alternative to the bland Sentra, Corolla, and Civic. I still may trade in my Accent on an Elantra though as I feel its a great car for the money.
  • th003gth003g Member Posts: 149
    hey everbody, here on Li we are supposed to get some "snow", time to see how my GT handles it without the benefits of TCS or ABS. It rained pretty hard on my way home but I was almost unable to lock up the brakes. only when slamming the brakes as in a panic stop. Spinning my wheels getting started is another story. This car has more than enough power compared to Lancer (no offense)/Civic/Sentra gxe/Pro5. Hydroplaning in this car is ok now but i don't know about it when I get my rubber upgraded to 205 or 215/45/ZR17s (thats what I was talking about a few posts back when I said I switch with my Mom's new GLS when she picks it up).
    I need your opinion. Motegi MR7s or BSA 236s in 17 inch. Which one should I go for prob off of Ebay) I know I want chrome. Which style would you prefer on a blue E-GT?
    I wish the damn keyless entry would chirp or have a panic function so I could find my car in the parking lots ( i'm used to having a truck with a light bar mounted on top so it was much easier to find it than it is to find my GT)
  • amcdan1amcdan1 Member Posts: 14
    Forgive my ignorance, as I have never driven or ridden in a Hyundai of any kind. However, I am quite interested in the GT. I frequently drive interstates. How does your GT perform with your cruise control set on say 70-75mph?

Is it consistant? Quiet? Good passing power, if you need it, at that speed?

Thanks.
  • wmoseswmoses Member Posts: 212
    amcdan1 said --

"How does your GT perform with your cruise control set on say 70-75mph? Is it consistant? Quiet? Good passing power, if you need it, at that speed?"

It is relatively quiet at that speed and there is plenty of passing power, since at that speed you are getting into the sweet spot of the engine. The engine turns at about 3000 at 70 mph and the main noise is tire noise. Wind noise is minimal (unless you have a window/moon roof open) and the engine is also decently quiet. It is not Lexus/whatever quiet, however. It is a sporty car, not a luxo-boat.

Punch the accelerator and you blow by anything you need to.

I don't know what you mean by "consistent". On cruise, it stays at the speed you set. Solid as a rock.

You should take a test drive and see for yourself. As the slogan says, "Driving is Believing".
    wmoses - Thanks for the reply. You answered my questions perfectly. I'm still a few months away from the end of my current lease, but definitely looking forward to the test drive. Hopefully, I won't have any problem finding a few GTs to choose from.

Thanks.
  • dinger2bdinger2b Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone added after market rear speakers to their Elantra GT? Quality Auto Sound, the JBL web site, and Soundtrack say that they are 6X9 but Crutchfield says no and one dealer wasn't sure but thought that they were round like 61/2" and definitely not the larger 6X9. It does not look to me like 6X9's will fit back there on the GT. Anybody have any experience replacing the factory rear speakers?

Thanks in advance
  • fern88fern88 Member Posts: 42
    So carsdirect.com called me today and they can get me a Black 5speed GT with ABS(Options 11), mud guards, CA emission, Floor Mats, and Cargo net for $14821.00 + tax, lic. That's $320 less than the lowest price the dealer was able to give me(all dealers I checked have a $399 advertising fee here in southern california). I think I'm going to call tomorrow and get it!
  • claywaterfillclaywaterfill Member Posts: 534
    Good luck and enjoy!
  • nhyoungnhyoung Member Posts: 8
    Dinger-

I have replaced every speaker in the car so I can tell you with certainty that 6x9's will not fit. You can put 6 1/2's in as drop in replacements. However, putting the plastic molding back in can be tricky because the surround in aftermarket speakers tend to stick out more and have a chance of getting caught. Just be careful.
    I personally installed a pair of separates for sound quality (JL Audio XR 650CS) and flush mounted the tweeters in the plastic moulding behind the moulded speaker grill - more or less in the "corner" so the sound gets reflected off the side moulding and the bad guys won't see them so easily. If you have any other car audio questions, ask away. I enjoyed "gutting" the car, playing for a week and impressing the hell out of the installers at the store where I bought all the equipment. My bias is towards sound quality vs loudness.

Other tidbits since I last posted back in August. I now have 7000 miles on my GT (5M/ABS & TC) and I love the car. It has lugged my camping equip, scuba gear, bicycles, and all sorts of tools with plenty of power and good fuel mileage too. While it isn't as thrifty as my old civic, it is much quieter, and I don't have to take every gear to 5k RPMS before I shift either. Fuel mileage was 27-29 MPG after break in mostly city and traffic jam driving. Since the weather has gone south and we switched to oxygenated fuel my mileage droped to 25-27. My wife and I have gotten over 38.5 MPG on the way back from seattle while obeying the speedlimit and even at 75-90, we get 33 MPG.

Most of my friends (mostly in their Mid 20's) are way impressed with the car. They (esp the civic owners) also get blown away from a start. For normal driving, I also think the elantra is quieter then their cars.

Overall I think the trunk is the most impressive part of the car. I just can't believe how much stuff you can fit in there for a compact car. I
    should also mention that my last car came to an expediated death when I was rear ended by a delivery truck so I also take comfort in the side ABS.
  • nhyoungnhyoung Member Posts: 8
    I just noticed another place I could be helpful. When you install an aftermarket alarm, you press the unlock button on your factory remote, then put it away somewhere. It never self arms, even if you disconnect the battery.

I like Code Alarm products, however Ungo also makes good alarms. If you have an auto tranny, both companies make auto-start alarms.
  • Lestrade1Lestrade1 Member Posts: 15
    looking to purchase a new gt
    choice of 4 dealers
    rockland auto plaza geis paramus hyundai or healy anyone ever deal with any of these dealers? my previous experience at rockland auto not the best
  • dinger2bdinger2b Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it turns out.
  • jillymariejillymarie Member Posts: 14
    Ok...I haven't read the posts in a while, but from what I glanced through it seems like everyone else is getting such a better gas mileage than I am! Whaaaaa. Since buying the GT in October, now at about 4k, I've been consistenly getting around 21.9-23 mpg. I drive about 50 miles a day for work, 50% hwy and 50% city. I adjusted the tire pressure, reset the computer at fill up, changed gas, etc...everything I could think of. Any ideas? Doesn't that seem pretty low? Thanks, Jill
    Do you like to stand on the gas? I live in a big city, and I see people who just stand on it at the light, only to have to hit the brakes for the next red light. They must be in a hurry and feel this is the fastest way to get through traffic. That will kill mpg. Do you ave a "heavy right foot?" Just a suggestion!
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    It took almost 5K for my GLS to loosen enough to get the EPA mileage. Plus, winter blends give lower gas mileage than summer. My mileage has stayed at about 26 mixed, but I suspect it will go up further come spring. Hyundai's are notoriously tight engines when new.
  • dmarzo1dmarzo1 Member Posts: 37
    As I mentioned two days ago, I bought a new Elantra GT this past week. I drove it to NYC from DC as the Mrs and I had tickets for the Rosie O'Donnell show (and we also took in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway). It was a good trip.

Goin on a 500 mile trip is probably not the best way to break the car in--but I kept it under 70 and the heavy traffic gave me a chance to mix the speeds up a bit. The salesman said it should not be a problem.

For what it is worth, here are my initial impressions:

Good
    - I love driving this car (after driving an SUV for the past 3 years). It handles well, it brakes well, and it has pretty good power. It rode smoothly. I simply had fun driving it.

- The leather was comfortable to me (My wife was complaining a bit of a sore back on the way up but was fine on the way back) Plenty of leg room and head room (as compared to the Civic and even the Sonata)

- I thought it would irritate me but I really like the purple lights on the dash

- The MPG indicator is a neat feature on the odometer (there are a couple of trip odometers which are nice also)

- Sound system is adequate to very good but the CD player seems to run hot (the CD was warm when I took it out)

- The layout of the dash, storage spaces, etc are all good

- Solid feel. Doors and trunk close firmly

- I have driven quite a few cars (nothing fancy though-- Saturns, Accords, CR-V, 4-Runner and the like) but at this point, the Elantra rates near the top--next to my 89 Celica as my favorite to drive

The bad:
    - A few rattles--go away once the car warms up though

- Interior lighting: There are only the lamps up front--there are no overhead lights and this is irritating when I am trying to pull something out of the back seats when it is dark

- Trunk lighting: One light on the right side only lights up half the trunk and this is very annoying

- The edmunds review mentions some cheap interior bits and I think this is fair. The front ashtray is flimsy. The plastic cover for the power window switches seem flimsy. The cords that pull up the cover in the hatchback seem cheap. The plastic piece in the handle for the sunroof fell out but I think it was installed improperly--seems in there securely now

- I was wary of the blind spot problem that someone else mentioned but did not really encounter a problem with this

- The components around the CD player and temp control seem really hot. I notice the same thing on my Mazda though

All in all: I could not be more pleased. I am glad I saved 4K and went with the Elantra over the Sonata, but the Sonata was quite nice as well. Of course, it is still early so I will reserve further accolades for another 50,000 miles.
  • gottfried1gottfried1 Member Posts: 5
    Today I drove my 2 week old auto GT on 880 to Oakland, CA from San Jose. Payload was 650 lbs and since 880 has many pavement discontinuties, I consider this trip a real test of the ride. It was significantly superior to my wife's 2001 Honda Civic.

No complaints at all.

Gottfried
    gottfried1 says --

"It was significantly superior to my wife's 2001 Honda Civic."

I am not surprised, since I feel that there is actually no comparison between the two. But tell that to the people who have blinders on for Honda.

The ride of the Civic can be better compared with the Elantra GLS, not the GT. For a better comparison of ride, I thing one would have to drive something German in the GT's class.
  • zigratzigrat Member Posts: 3
    so far i have put 200 miles on my 2002 elantra gt. i got it with everything (its an auto) but the traction control/abs package. it seems to break fine anyways.

so far i have gotten horrible gas milage (19 mpg) but i guess this will get better. the other thing i would mention is that today i almost switched lanes into someone in it. i checked and didnt see anyone but when i went to go there was someone there! hnow i dont know how the hell they got there mabye they were in a blind spot? i dunno.

anyways the cra is fun to drive, and the sound is pretty good. i have gotten lots of compliments on the car. hoping the milage gets better soon :)
    zigrat said --

"so far i have gotten horrible gas milage (19 mpg) but i guess this will get better."

It will get better. Gas mileage dependson a lot of things, including climate, transmission type, driving style, etc. The fact that the car is new also means that the engine is tight, and hence it uses more gas.

Having said that, my 5-speed GT has always given me good mileage from day 1 -- over 28 mpg in combined driving. I try and keep the revs below 3000 rpm (not always successful!) and try and get into 5th as soon as possible. I also use cruise control whenever possible on the freeway. Today after being reset, it hit 34 mpg afer a few miles, so I know that it is possible.

As for the blind spot -- there is none. If one adjusts the mirrors properly, the left and right wing mirrors should show the adjacent lanes (and no part of one's own car!), and the rear-view mirror should show the lane behind.
  • sparkymarksparkymark Member Posts: 7
    I finally got an owner's manual for my GT direct from Hyundai, but I'm not sure it's the right one.

The one they sent appears to be for the Elantra Sedan not the GT.

Can someone take a look at their manual and tell me if theirs is specific to the GT? I have a 2001.5 auto.

Thanks in advance
    sparkymark says --

"I finally got an owner's manual for my GT direct from Hyundai, but I'm not sure it's the right one. The one they sent appears to be for the Elantra Sedan not the GT."

I think that there is probably only one Elantra Manual. Mine has a sketch of a Sedan on it as well as inside, but has GT-features like trip computer, Traction Control, CD-player, front fog lights described along with common shared features. I could not find any instructions in the manual for the rear wiper and washer though.
    I haven't been able to find anything on it, but has anyone seen any information about an '03 GT? Will it come out in the fall of '02?

Pure conjecture on my part, but I'd really like to see Hyundai make it a 'true' GT and give you the option of that V6 and maybe the shiftronic automatic.
    amcdan1 said --

"Pure conjecture on my part, but I'd really like to see Hyundai make it a 'true' GT and give you the option of that V6 and maybe the shiftronic automatic."

Its coming ... just that it is called the 2003 Tiburon. I doubt that they would consider doing what you suggest, since it would be too close to the Tiburon, which is the sports/race car of the Hyundai lineup.

I would like to see a different (more potent) engine from the base GLS though ... just to separate the performance characteristics out a bit more.
    zigrat's concern over the blind spot seems to be warranted. I'm not bashing the GT--I ike the car a lot. It's just that if you research this board you will find several posts from people complaining of a bind spot. A couple have mentioned almost hitting someone as a result. Maybe it has to do with the seating position of those drivers, or their height, or something else that you can't blame the car on; but, the fact remains that it is a real problem for some people. When test driving, people need to look good and hard at this area to make sure they won't have this problem.
    claywaterfill said --

"...if you research this board you will find several posts from people complaining of a bind spot. ... Maybe it has to do with the seating position of those drivers, or their height, or something else that you can't blame the car on; but, the fact remains that it is a real problem for some people. "

I agree with you on the above. However at the same time, you must agree that many people don't have the foggiest idea on how to adjust their mirrors. This was pointed out in an excellent Canadian auto magazine, World of Wheels, years ago by a retired race-car driver.

What he said, and I have noticed this too, is that many folk adjust their wing mirrors so that they can see some portion of their car and some portion of the road. This, he said, was incorrect. Why does one need to see one's own car? One should not be using these mirrors to judge distance (the RHS mirror ever says so) so seeing one's own car is a "waste of mirror".

This is how he said to adjust the wing mirrors. On a level surface, adjust the vertical angle appropriately for your height, such that a vehicle alongside would be in the middle of the mirror. So far so good.

Here is the meat.

Adjust the in-out / horizontal angle of the mirrors outwards so that (a) no part of your car is seen, (b) the lane to the left of your lane should be seen in the left wing mirror and the lane to the right should be seen in the right wing mirror, and (c) these mirrors should show these lanes without much movement of the head -- just the eyes only.

When properly adjusted, the car pulling out to pass you (on either side) from behind, should be first visible in the rear view mirror, then as it pulls alongside, the rear part of the car should be visible in the rear view mirror and the front part of the car in the wing mirror. Then as the car leaves the rear view mirror, it should be well into the wing mirror and entering your peripheral vision.

Now, some cars have mirrors that are incapable of being adjusted far out enough. My advice -- don't buy these cars -- they have blind spots. I have owned 4 Hyundais so far and their mirrors all adjust outwards just fine. My Dodge Gr.Caravan also does the same.

Also, I am the average height person (5'-8") and this method works perfectly for me.

With mirrors adjusted properly, one never needs to look over one's shoulder when doing a lane change -- another point in his article. Looking over one's shoulder often causes an involuntary pulling to the side being looked at and that is not a good thing.

The only thing that I can say regarding the GT's visibility, is that the trunk lid is a bit high and I have a spoiler as well which takes a little out of my rearward visibility. Having said that I see quite well enough out of the back of my cat.

Of course as they say, "your mileage may vary...."
  • zigratzigrat Member Posts: 3
    hi,
    thanks for the tip. the mirrors DO give a good view. i have just gotten used to always looking "over the shoulder" and i almost never look at the mirrors except mabye when parallel parking. from now on i will tru to use my mirrors rather than looking with my head.
  • rfernattrfernatt Member Posts: 9
    wmoses said --

"The only thing that I can say regarding the GT's visibility, is that the trunk lid is a bit high and I have a spoiler as well which takes a little out of my rearward visibility."

Where did you find a spoiler for the GT? Do you have pictures?

Thanx!
  • chucktaylorxchucktaylorx Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    Some time ago, someone posted a link to online technical manuals for Hyundai cars. Could someone re-post that link please?

Thank you.
    rfernatt asked --

"Where did you find a spoiler for the GT? Do you have pictures?"

I got the spoiler from the dealer. I asked them to stick one one and tint the windows and both came up to an extra $450.

I have been waiting for the right time to take some photos of my car and will do so soon. I am putting together a website on the GT, and I will have mine pictured for a start.

In the meanwhile you can see a photo of my car with the spoiler at:

http://www.geocities.com/wa_moses/elantra_gt/elantra_gt.jpg

Good point about my "wish list" coming in the 03 Tiburon. Like you, I'm just looking for a performance boost to distinguish the GT from the GLS.

By the way, can't get the link to you car pic to work.
    amcdan1 said --

"By the way, can't get the link to you car pic to work."

Just try

http://www.geocities.com/wa_moses/elantra_gt/

and when you see the directory listing, click on the .jpg file and you should see the picture.

I suspect that Yahoo! Geocities is having some "issues" at the moment, because I typed in the same URL as the one I gave you and it worked. I then did a refresh, and it didn't.

• jim7heaven7jim7heaven7 Member Posts: 25
    Nice Spoiler Rfernatt, I have a spoiler on my GT, but my spoiler is different. I will post a picture once I get my camera batteries charged, should have the pic up tonight or tommrrow.
  • captstarkcaptstark Member Posts: 4
    My wife and I decided on the Elantra GT after checking both of them out and driving them. The GT just had a lot more going for it. Tons of room for a small car. We wanted silver with ABS, but was unable to find one anywhere in the mid-west, so ended up with red. It is automatic (wife can't shift, and I wont live long enough to teach her) sun roof etc. We have 500 miles on it, and we picked it up Friday Jan 11th. Our first fillup gave us a 32.7 miles per gallon. My wife tends to have a heavy foot, so I warned her that the police tend to watch bright red sporty looking cars. I was stopped in town for doing 40 in a 30 zone. Got off with a warning since I had only gotten the car about ten hours before. It seems to be a great little car that is fun to drive and doesn't ride quite as well or is as quiet as our 2001 GX300, but what would! I would recommend Hyundai and the dealership that we bought it from in Iowa City to anyone.
    That was good advice about the side mirrors--thanks. I, too, was guilty of having a small part of the side of my car in the mirror, but I see the improvement now. It is strange at first because I was so used to seeing down the side of my car and behind me, and now I don't. I have noticed that I can see cars coming around me in my mirrors all the way until they get beside me now. When the car disappears from the rear view mirror, it is in full view of my side mirror--yet I can't see it next to me at all. When it pulls forward more and comes out of the side mirror, I can see it out of the corner of my eye next to me. This has been the most helpful thing I have gotten out of these boards.
  • mrmagoo55mrmagoo55 Member Posts: 16
    Regarding your post, I live in New City, and dlrs u mentioned are same as mine. I got a price frm Rockland Plaza for about $14,800. for GT w/auto. The salesperson was very nice, I bought my Santa Fe frm dlr Rt 119, White Plains. Sales was o.k. but parts dept was way out of line price wise. Anyone else in NYC metro area have prices for GT w/auto.
    Thanks for all the great info. Hyundai owners are so intelligent and thoughtful.