Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra 5-door

Comments

• amcdan1amcdan1 Member Posts: 14
    The spoiler adds a nice touch.

jim7heaven7 - looking forward to seeing your car pic.
  • estoesto Member Posts: 136
    Does anyone else share the impression that the GT's seats are hard?
    I went on a short test drive a little while ago, and that's the biggest thing
    I remember. Did you have the same impression at first? Do they get softer
    as they're worn in, or do you just get used to it?

Erik
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    You shouldn't really buy a car with the hopes of getting used to seats that you think are hard. I did that once, and was in misery for about 2 years after that until I finally traded the car in.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Were the seats hard, or uncomfortable? I agree the seats on the GT (and GLS, which I own) feel firm compared to some other cars. I also think the Elantra has the most comfortable seats in its class. If you like the GT otherwise, you might arrange to take it on an extended test drive or, better yet, rent one for a weekend and take a trip (Hertz at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport had some as of a few months ago, perhaps other rental places have them too). If they don't feel right to you after a day or two of driving, likely they will never feel right.
  • rfernattrfernatt Member Posts: 9
    wmoses:

Thanks for the pic and look forward to the site being up...

I'm looking at an Elantra GT to replace my '99 Maxima SE when the lease is up this April, but I hadn't seen a GT with a spoiler.

Thanks again.
  • captstarkcaptstark Member Posts: 4
    I had no problem at all getting into the picture of your great looking GT. You have the color that we wanted, but could not find here in the midwest. We also wante ABS, but couldn't find that either. What did the spoiler cost, if you don't mind me asking. I am not interested in tinted glass, but the spoiler really looks sharp. As I am sure you know, they are not functional at all, but they certainly add to the looks. Those that are having problems with the side mirrors, since the Elantras have electric mirrors, all you have to do is positions them as you see someone coming up on you on which ever side, and once you have them where you can see them as you wish, leave that setting there. The only thing that can mess this up is if somone else drive the car and set them to the way they want them. As mentioned, if you can see part of your car in the mirror, you don't have them set properly. That is why I suggest doing it once when someone is coming up on either side so you can get it exactly where you are comfortable with it.
  • wmoseswmoses Member Posts: 212
    captstark asked --

"What did the spoiler cost, if you don't mind me asking."

Not at all. Apparewntly it costs about $450 but the dealer gave it to me for their cost $350. The tinted glass was $100.

My GT was a sort of one-off since I told the salesman that I wanted a manual and ABS and that he should call me when one came in (as he had none with that configuration at the time).

One week later he called to say that it had just come in -- one only like that -- and that he set it aside for me. I went that night, checked it out and finalized the deal. Even got him to throw in a trunk net.

I agree about the spoiler -- totally useless at that size and configuration on a street car. One does not go fast enough and even so, on a front wheel drive car you don't want a significant weight shift aft.

Still it makes the tail end look a bit nicer.
    I can't get the link to jim7heaven7's spoiler photo to work.
  • rfernattrfernatt Member Posts: 9
    I got the link to jim7heaven7's picture to work in IE5.5 by opening the link in a new window, letting it fail, and then changing the '+' signs between My+Photo+Album in the link to %20 (spaces).

So, the middle of the URL looks like:

/My%20Photo%20Album/

jim7heaven7: If there are some more pictures from a couple different angles, I'd love to see'em. I will be looking for a red GT, so it's just the right setup. Was this a dealer installed spoiler? Is it a Hyundai "OEM" or another brand (if another brand, which)?

Thanx!
  • th003gth003g Member Posts: 149
    These are NOT spoilers designed specifically for the GT. I have only seen the GT spcific spoiler in pictures from the GT in england and europe. I tis totally different. The silver one on this board is actually a factory spoiler for the accent 2 door. I saw two GT's with these spoiler's at the time I went to pick up my mom's GLS. No offense to anyone just a bit of information I thought I would share. The one on the red car( Rfernatt) I don't know which car that was from. Although I must say it is pretty cool how the wiper arm has a spot to fit into the spoiler.

http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/showroom/pg000167.html

http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/showroom/pg000167.html
  • zigliflerziglifler Member Posts: 99
    Well after driving my new gt for 800 miles i have found something that really bothers me about the car . It might be alittle petty but i think it could be a problem in the future.

Well it is the handle for the cruise.. it spins with the wheel and i have found my hand hanging up on it comming out of turns . Has anybody else come across this ?. the way i drive when i come out of a turn i let the wheel slide under my hand until it gets back straight. The handle for the cruise hits my fingers as the wheel spins back to straight . now this might be petty but i am thinking that one of these times it might snap off .
    anybody care to comment . it seems to be in the same spot on the gt and the gls .
  • desgdesg Member Posts: 52
    I'd describe the seats as firm rather than hard. If you want something a bit software, I know in Australia, you can get automotive seat cushions - these are designed to give back support but they do have a reasonable amount of padding on them
    ziglifler wrote --

"the handle for the cruise.. it spins with the wheel and i have found my hand hanging up on it comming out of turns . Has anybody else come across this ?"

I have not had a problem with this because I use either the push-pull method of returning the steering back to centre if the turn is that sharp that the steering wheel is past 90° (rare).

On a separate note -- thanks "rfernatt" for the tip on the URL for the other spoiler, and to "th003g" for the insight on the spoilers. I must have "lucked" out because I am very happy with the spoiler design I have. I will post other pictures from different angles since the one I posted was not spoiler-specific and does not show it the best.
  • fdnyfdny Member Posts: 5
    Just an update for you anyone considering this car. Just do it. 1200 miles so far and only complaints is 18gpm in all city driving which should improve when the car breaks in a little more. The car is perfect for me; it is idiot proof. Can't leave my lights on, or lock the doors with the keys in the ignition, and I even have a little time to shut the window after I turn off the car
    in reference to mrmagoo55 and lestrade1 check out Atlantic Hyundai in LI. I told Brian Cotter my best price over the phone and he beat it. I think I got a good deal on an 01 auto GT with everything for $14.7.
  • gt_fangt_fan Member Posts: 159
    I already left a post in the members section, but I wanted to say hi to all of you on the GT site. I discovered it yesterday and have read all 1300 messages. (We're between projects at work, nothing else to do.)

I got my 2002 GT last week and am loving it! It's a Carbon Blue 5spd with ABS, tint and clear mask on the hood (very important in Colorado.) The dealer held me up for $15,400, plus tax @3.75%, but GT's are tough to find around here and the dealers know it.

The only problem I've come across so far has been with the traction control. My driveway's steep and on a tree sheltered north slope, so it stays iced up until May. I was looking forward to assistance from the TCS, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything. From a stop, the wheel spin just like the TCS isn't there. Pressing the TCS defeat switch makes no difference. The owner's manual is very vague about exactly how it's supposed to work. I'm about to call the dealer, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this.

Other than that, I'm absolutely sold on everything about my new car.

Thanks!
    gt_fan said --

"My driveway's steep and on a tree sheltered north slope, so it stays iced up until May. I was looking forward to assistance from the TCS, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything. From a stop, the wheel spin just like the TCS isn't there. Pressing the TCS defeat switch makes no difference."

From what I can tell, the traction control system as implemented on the Elantra GT is a combination of engine management and braking control. When the car is being driven in slippery conditions, say on a slick road, the system causes the brakes to be applied to the wheel that is slipping, while the engine is supposed to be throttled back. The engine effect only affects the driving wheels obviously. This all occurs automatically thereby restoring some control (steerability and traction) to the vehicle.

Now in your case, you are trying to either climb up or go down a steep icy driveway. I would doubt that the system would be successful since there is likely no traction in the driving wheels to begin with. All you would likely be doing is spinning your wheels slower. Think about it this way -- TC relies on shifting effort to the wheel with grip and away from the wheels that slip. If one were on a frozen pond lubricated with water, for example, all wheels would slip equally and the TC system would be defeated.

I think that in your situation, you need to salt your driveway and/or use studded tires on your car. :-(

Just my $0.02 ...
  • magoo1955magoo1955 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for info. When u say $14,700 for everything, what is everything? With this vehicle the extras appear to be: moonroof, ABS/TRC. I have to assume that it will be hard to find a GT W/O moonroof.
    I have 2051 miles on my Blue GT Auto and one main nitpic that i recently noticed. When pressing the brake or going over a pothole or having teh stereo pumped up I can notice a low buzzing/rattling coming from the lower drivers dash area. anyone have the same problem? ( I DO turn the bass all the way up but still rattles without the radio on)
    thanks
    I believe this is a common place to have the cruise control switch and operation. There are some cars that have these switches on the hub of the steering wheel (some american cars) and some others that have it behind the wheel on the dash cluster(Honda, Jag). It may take some time to get used to but I believe it is the best place to have it. Pretty intuitive and I sometimes think i'm playing video games when using it. heh
  • cjaccettacjaccetta Member Posts: 236
    I'm taking the good old GT on an 800-mile road trip from NYC to Pittsburgh this weekend (gonna try to catch the Steelers/Ravens game -- GO STEELERS!!!). Snow is expected, and I hope to brring back a report on how the car performs in a snowy highway environment. I don't have the ABS/TCS option, so I'll be holding back a little.

Just under 13,000 miles on the clock and no problems to report. In fact, the car is so good it's staring to feel boring. Gas mileage is down a little due to winter fuel blending but the car runs great.

I can't think of much else to add. We love our GT and we are seeing more on the roads every day.

Happy motoring.
    I didn't mean to imply that my GT won't make it up my driveway. What I usually do is use just enough throttle so I don't break traction. I was expecting though, that when I pressed just a little too hard on the way up that the TCS would kick in when the fronts broke loose. But no throttle reduction or brake pulsation is felt.

I'll call the dealer today and see what they have to say.

I've put on 450 miles so far, and can't wait to start catching up to you high-mileage guys!

Mark
    gt_fan said --

"I was expecting though, that when I pressed just a little too hard on the way up that the TCS would kick in when the fronts broke loose. But no throttle reduction or brake pulsation is felt."

Okay, I could see that. I would think that it would make some effort to do that as well. I have ABS/TC but here in Houston I have little opportunity to test it in a non-accident situation.

"I'll call the dealer today and see what they have to say."

I'd be interested in what they had to say although I wouldn't hold my breath. :-}
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    What was said about the TCS not working on the icy driveway doesn't make any sense to me. I have a 2002 Jetta (I know it's not the same car, but listen first) with ASR and it works on pure ice. I stopped in a frozen parking lot, right in the middle of a patch of ice. I pushed the gas about 1/4 of the way down (alot, because mine is a 1.8T), and the wheels did not spin one time! I took right off on the ice, the engine power was held back, and the car took off rather ferociously when it encountered dry pavement finally. So that makes no sense that the TCS will not pull you up an icy driveway.
  • jim7heaven7jim7heaven7 Member Posts: 25
    Hey guys sorry about the link to my spoilerpict. I will correct it as soon as possible. I plan on starting a Elantra GT page. I will get the picts up for folks to see. I have been so busy, I havent had much time to see your guys replies.

Jim
    vocus said --

"I stopped in a frozen parking lot, right in the middle of a patch of ice. I pushed the gas about 1/4 of the way down (alot, because mine is a 1.8T), and the wheels did not spin one time! I took right off on the ice, the engine power was held back, and the car took off rather ferociously when it encountered dry pavement finally. So that makes no sense that the TCS will not pull you up an icy driveway."

I must admit that I was largely theorizing at the other poster's problem. I have not yet had an opportunity to test either the ABS or the TC on my car first hand. This is where I wish I was back home (Canada) for some good ol' snow and ice!

Nevertheless, I belive I said something at the end of the post regarding wet (lubricated) ice defeating the TCS. Cold, dry ice enables some friction / traction -- I know, I have driven in these conditions for a long time. However, when the ice becomes wet, I don't see *any* TC system with regular M+S tires working ... even winter tires would have a hard time.

If you are in a wintry climate at present, I would love to hear how the car made out on pure wet ice.
  • ems1ems1 Member Posts: 48
    Anyone able to get an Elantra GT with the ABS but no sunroof? Can't fit in the car with the sunroof but will not buy the car without ABS.

Thanks
  • estoesto Member Posts: 136
    You're outta luck with a GT. I think you can get ABS without a sunroof on the sedan (GLS).
    Having to get a hole in the roof to get a basic safety feature like ABS is idiotic, in my
    opinion.

Erik
  • uryourworduryourword Member Posts: 12
    Today I parked in a prking garage for the day- the kind where cars are parked diagonally. This meant that my right front fender lined up squarely with the front door of the car to my right. I hesitated at first, then threw caution to the wind. There was a lot of distance between us. When I returned to my car about 7 hours later, I was shocked to see my right front fender caved in at dead center. It looks awful, and confirms my suspicion that these Elantras are built with paper thin sheet metal. If I had driven my old 88 Audi, I swear that the fender would have remained intact. This is so depressing. A few more of these dings and the car will be worth about $7,000. I paid about $15k just 6 short months ago. The person that did this knows they did it, no doubt about it. I think I'll go vomit now.
    Traction Control update-
    Called the service department at the dealer in Denver where I bought the car three times this afternoon. Nothing but an answering machine each time. Not a good sign. Gave up and called the local dealer. The service manager didn't know much more about the TCS than I do, but he's going to look at my car on Monday. He also recommended an oil change at 500-600 miles, dispite what the manual says about being OK to do the first change at 7,500 miles. Sounds like smart engine insurance to me.

uryourword -
    Sorry to hear about the dent, people can be such jerks! I know I'm gonna cry the first time I get smacked. You're right about Audi sheetmetal though. My '95 doesn't have a single door ding, and I'm not picky about where I park it.

I checked out the spoilers at the previously mentioned website for Hyundai, UK. Very classy looking. Went ahead and emailed a dealer in London to see if they would be willing to ship me one. Their paint options are different over there, so I'd have to get it painted here, but boy would it look nice! I'll let you all know how that works out.
    th003g said --

"The silver one on this board is actually a factory spoiler for the accent 2 door. I saw two GT's with these spoiler's at the time I went to pick up my mom's GLS."

I just did a bit of searching on the Hyundai USA site and must conclude that my spoiler does not look like the Accent spoiler, nor does it look like the Elantra spoiler. The closest to a match is a Sonata spoiler. Besides, my spoiler was Pewter original paint. Accents don't come in Pewter. Maybe it is a new spoiler for the GT ...

Check this little web page I put together --

http://www.geocities.com/wa_moses/elantra_gt/gt.html

The HDK Autosport site also has lots of spoilers to choose from. The web address is http://www.hdkautosport.com/

uryourword lamented --

"... I was shocked to see my right front fender caved in at dead center. It looks awful, and confirms my suspicion that these Elantras are built with paper thin sheet metal."

No doubt they, like all modern cars, are made with thin sheetmetal. Performance (weight) and cost comes at the cost of sheet gauge.

I got a ding for Christmas. I was Christmas shopping when some &*%&%#%@^ let (what I believe to be a) shopping cart roll into my left front door. There was a ding right on the feature line (hard to fix) and a slight dent in the middle of the door and a dent in the door sill just below the rocker panel.

I got it fixed under insurance but you can still see the slight imperfections. Like "uryourword" I wanted to vomit as well ... then I had some other emotions which made me glad that the person who did it was not around. Now I part far away from other cars, especially so in parking lots with carts. Here in Houston, it must be a law that people leave carts wherever in a parking lot. No wonder they are the fattest people/city in the US. It would strain them to push the cart back to the corral.
    This isn't really on the lines of the forum but what the heck .

Has anybody seen that infomercial on the "Tornado" add on to increase hp and mpg ? I was thinking about ordering one for my new gt and installing it . Do you think it would void any warranty? it looks like it just pops in the air intake . Has anybody used one ?.
  • john00john00 Member Posts: 27
    Just figured I drop a line concerning door and fender dents from the parking lots. I was the receipiant of a lovely dent from a shopping cart. It was even dented on a body crease. I own an Ivory Pearl XG300 and was just sick about it knowing that whites and especially with a pearl finish would never match once painted. I took a chance and took it to one of the Dent Wizard shops. They said they would try but was unsure due to dent also being on the body crease. Well when I picked it up the girl at the counter said did you look at the repair. My reply was " WOW ".
    It doesn't come cheap cost was $315.00 but no body filler and no painting. I was very pleased.
  • mpgmanmpgman Member Posts: 723
    18,400 miles on the GT and doing great.

I am convinced that the black insert molding on the GTs will prevent several dings and scuffs from happening. Not exactly a Saturn's plastic side panels but better than exposed paint waiting to get scraped.
  • mpgmanmpgman Member Posts: 723
    Had to drive about 50 miles on the back roads of south central Jersey today in the snow and sleet and slush. The GT was terrific. ABS kicked in several times...really pulses and pushes back against your foot pressure. Traction control light on dash flashed a few times too. Even going around 25, had to stop hard to avoid a car that slid off the side of the road and was sticking out around a curve. Hit the brakes by instinct and the computer did the rest to keep it going straight and stop the car. I know many prefer to do it themselves but I am now sold on ABS and traction control. Advise those living in areas with slippery roads to consider it, especially on the sedan where you are not forced to take the roof. The cost from Hyundai is really reasonable considering what other manufacturers charge.
    mpgman said --

"Even going around 25, had to stop hard to avoid a car that slid off the side of the road and was sticking out around a curve. Hit the brakes by instinct and the computer did the rest to keep it going straight and stop the car."

Thanks for the post, mpgman. Just what I was hoping to read here, since I can't really test the TC and ABS on my car.

So, I take it you were in a gentle curve when you saw the car sticking out and you hit the brakes? If so then it is the same situation as in the brochure. Good to hear that the TC system works as it should, making the car safer for precisely those situations.
  • storkdudestorkdude Member Posts: 26
    I just bought mine on short notice after deciding not to repair my last car. Haven't regretted it for a second. The only other car I had considered was a Saab 9-3. (I love hatches) Niggling complaints are: no equalizer on the radio. Would like 200HP. Minor complaints--no real right to complain at the price. Loves: stiff chassis, europeanish-tuned suspension. Really is a near-luxury car @ a basic xportation price. The only thing I don't like is the look of disbelief that I get from the other docs when I tell them what I bought. (you bought a what?) Anyway, when they drive it they change their minds. Hyundai has made tremendous improvements since the 80s when the Excel hit the shores. The only things I'm going to add are louder horns and a satellite radio. This car is more enjoyable to me than any other I've owned (honda/ mazda/ ford/ saab/ mercedes). When the word gets out dealer discounts will be gone.
  • 5port5port Member Posts: 395
    I have no experience with the Tornado but I have seen the infomercials. If something looks too good to be true it probably is. I tend to look at this device as a $75.00 restriction in the air passage. A better choice would be a K&N air filter. You can get a K&N Filtercharger for the Elantra air box for $36.00 from www.summitracing.com (1-800-230-3030). Part# for this filter is (KNN-2201). The filtercharger is made of metal screening with oil soaked cotton material and is washable and reusable for the life of the car. I have installed this filter in every car I owned and it has always improved performance to a lesser or greater degree. In the case of the Elantra GT it has improved low-end torque and high-end power. It really woke-up that 2-stage muffler in the GT. Now after 4000 rpm my 5-speed GT really takes off!
    I feel the same way about this "Tornado" product, and I have to wonder if it is just another gimmick. If it was this great, why does it have to rely on infomercial sales and why does it not have an impact on racing?

The K&N filter, on the other hand, seems like a great product. I have been meaning to try it for years but somehow never got around to it. Thanks to "5port" I will give it a try. The trick is trying to locate it in my neck of the woods in NW Houston. I am also excited at 5port's results, although the GT does like to take off after 4000 rpm anyway.
    Its not the hp's i am worried about . my Gt has great pickup . I only have 1k on it so i haven't really got on it yet i try to keep the rpm's under 3k still when shifting . it was the mpg's i was thinking about . The trip computer says i am avg 30.5 all around so far . Thats mostly freeway driving i have a 40 mile oneway commute. and that is good for 1k miles on the car but always looking for a little more . Each fill up it seems to creep up 1 mpg . so i am hoping that it goes up alittle more and gets closer to the posted mpg. But i guess i can't complain freeway driving here is between 70-80 mph so 30mpg at that speed is pretty damn good .
    I had the TCS on my GT looked at by the local dealer yesterday and they say that it checked out fine. No codes or anything. When I got it back home I tried it again going up my skating rink driveway, and there's still no change. If I hit the gas just hard enough to break the front wheels free, they spin just like any fwd car I've ever owned, with no brake pulsation or anything from the TCS. The ABS still works fine going back down though.

In all fairness to the dealer, they didn't have any slippery surface to physically test the car on. My 400' driveway is probably the only icy spot in the county right now. The car makes it to the top, TCS or not, so I'll probably just let it go as is.

Other than that, my blue GT has been absolutely perfect (except for that common fuel filler door issue) and I've only got another 450 miles till she's all broken in and ready to fly.

No response yet from the dealer in London to my emailed inquiry about the availability of the euro-spec spoiler.
  • mrmagoo55mrmagoo55 Member Posts: 16
    Looking down the road a bit, what does Hyuundai require if you need warranty service? Do you have to have the vehicle services at the recommended intervals in the owner's manual at the dealer at their $80/hr cost? If this is the case it gets expensive. What if you just change your oil and do the normal wear and tear items.. I hope not to have to use the warranty but what's in the fine print if the time comes.
    Thanks to all.
    My dealer told me (under duress) that the service could be done by any shop or even by me at home, as long as I kept the receipts. I'm sure that in a dispute situation, having had all the work done at the dealer would probably help your case, but my dealer admitted that as long as you can prove that the service was done, it doesn't matter where it was done.

That being said, regular maintenance services at the Hyundai dealer tend to be pretty reasonable. The Edmund's long term tests of the Elantra mention dealer oil changes costing $21-22. My dealer charges $26, but that's still in line with the fast lube places. Compare that to my local Audi dealer (owned by the same people as the Hyundai dealer) who used to send me "Special Offers" in the mail to have my Audi's oil changed for "only" $54.99! (I changed my own, thanks.)
    mrmagoo55 asked --

"Looking down the road a bit, what does Hyuundai require if you need warranty service? Do you have to have the vehicle services at the recommended intervals in the owner's manual at the dealer at their $80/hr cost? If this is the case it gets expensive."

This is the first "US" Hyundai I have owned. I have had 3 "Canadian" Hyundais in the past. Hyundai USA and Hyundai Canada are two different subsidiaries and may behave differently.

Having said that, I was told by my dealer here that provided I did the proper maintenance and had receipts to show that it was done, then the warranty was not affected. Naturally for an oil change, one could do that oneself and be trusted to do so competently. However, I would suspect that should there be a more complicated maintenance item which one did oneself and one was not a licenced mechanic, and should that maintenance issue lead to a failure of a part, then Hyundai might have a problem.

Another point to note -- dealers have some / a fair bit of latitude in deciding how hard to press for maintenance being done prior to honouring a warranty. After all, they get reimbursed by Hyundai for any warranty work that they do, so it is no skin off their noses. As a matter of fact, it is in their interest to do as much work under warranty as possible, thereby creating a customer for life.

In my experience with my previous Hyundais (and I am a pretty picky customer!) the dealer got to know me pretty well, they knew that I cared for my vehicle and did regular oil changes etc. and they did the other stuff. They never asked a question when time came to change anything under warranty. That is why I keep buying Hyundais -- for their good warranties, among other things.
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    in the (maintenance) "sludge" forum.
  • bri70bri70 Member Posts: 147
    Glad you like your purchase. I'm surprise that you want a louder horn. I was thinking that the GT's horn is one of the loudest I have heard.
  • jackyl100jackyl100 Member Posts: 25
    As I read some posts here, I wonder: Do some people really think that they can buy a car that has absolutely everything they want? Yes, and their names are Bill and Melinda Gates! For the rest of us, we have to compromise between what we need, what we want, and what we can afford. No matter how much we have, we'll always want just 10 more horses or mist feature on the wiper or whatever. But all those little changes add up. For me, I am thrilled with my Hyundai - they put their money and mine where it really matters and did it well. I feel I'm getting more than my money's worth. There are only a few minor things I would have done differently but only if it could be done without changing the price of the car.

I've had my blue 5-sp for exactly 1-mo today and I've got 1233 miles on it. I'm getting 25-28 mpg city and 35-38 hwy. That will go down now because I'm past 1200 miles and will be going over 4k rpm from time to time. YIPEE! :)

I saw another GT on the road this morning - the only one I've seen yet! It was red and I must say it looked pretty sharp.

Enjoy the ride folks!

Jacky
  • markj11markj11 Member Posts: 6
    I wan't to thank everyone on this forum for their informative posts as I've been lurking on the elantra/Gt/tiburon boards for the last couple months. After reading everyone's praise for this car I decided to test drive one and was ready to get an 02 GT but decided on a 01 Gt 2 days ago at what I thought was a decent price. After reading these boards I knew more about these cars than most sales people, and got to talk to a couple service departments about some isolated issues mentioned here.
    I will continue to check in to see how fellow GT owners are doing w their cars.
    A quick question" is there any differences between the 01 and 02's. The one I have has the sports suspension, roof, abs options. thanks

mark
  • bri70bri70 Member Posts: 147
    AFAIK, there isn't a bit of difference between the 01 GT and the 02 GT. Except that a few 01's came with the "Comfort Suspension."