Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    Anyone have a whimpering puppy sound from the brake pedal? Mine has been doing it intermittently for the last week. It's not a squeek, but more of a whooping sound.

The exhaust is probably 400 series stainless, which WILL rust, unlike the 300 series stainless Borla uses (and is much more expensive).

GAM
  • dshepherd3dshepherd3 Member Posts: 194
    Seems to come from the connecting rod from the pedal to the booster, might be the boot on the rod scrubbing and making this noise, try some lube on the rod as it enters the boot?
  • mcali17mcali17 Member Posts: 22
    The exhaust on the triplets is only stainless from the converter forward and, as was mentioned, is probably only 400 series stainless. Rear of the cat it is aluminized stainless, even worse. I just bought the T-304 Stainless Borla Dual Exhaust with the 1,000,000 mile warranty. It looks good and sounds pretty good too. Check out my pics http://community.webshots.com/user/mcali17
  • tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    I agree pretty much it's just a handful of on-off signals but a few of the parameters that will disengage the A/C clutch like Transmission shift, PCM detects excessive torque load, PCM detects insufficient idle quality, PCM detects a hard launch condition, aren't that simple. That's where the system seems to get over-complicated making it work in real-world conditions. There's so much more control of the A/C compressor compared to a few years ago. I remember some '70s GM vehicles would switch the A/C compressor ON when you'd turn off the engine to drag it down and help prevent run-on Dieseling! (There I go digressing again...) At least they don't do THAT any more!
  • don99lhsdon99lhs Member Posts: 9
    just got my truck back from the shop and it seems that the front seat covers are no longer attached on the bottom front on both sides. they both have a long plastic piece that runs along the bottom but i can't figure out where it goes.

i have put 20" wheels on the truck and it seems to skip over potholes pretty bad and the truck has even more rattles than before! anyone share the same problems. i think its a combination of the spare tire and the front brake pads causing the rattles and squeeks.

thanks don
  • gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    Don,

Gee, what size tires you using? I bet they are something with a 35 or 40 series aspect ratio (275/40-20 or something). These trucks are NOT designed for these wheels. The short sidewalls are extremely stiff compared to the standard tire and will not flex over bumps and potholes. They may look good, but they ride like crap. And just wait until it rains or snows, things will get worse! Get used to it or go back to the standard tires.

GAM
    your right they are the goodyear 275/45's however i only use them during summer months and the difference in the handling is well worth the jarring from the potholes. the sidewalls aren't that small as compared to some of the rubber-band size tires on the souped up import cars! the car has 100% less body roll and the cornering is great as the truck already has huge sway bars but terrible OE tires.

i still need help with my front seat covers and the rattles from the spare tire. as far as i know the spare has never been out of the car but it makes a huge amount of noise over all bumps with either set of tires on the truck!!!.
  • mdeymdey Member Posts: 90
    I have been lurking but quiet. I bought my 2002 LS with the 3SC package in 1/02. Build date 11/01. Just turned 37,000 miles.

28,100 list
    2,002 rebate
    3,999 dealer discount
    22,101 out the door before tax/title/tag

I think I did fine. A good truck so far.
  • kmigliaccio855kmigliaccio855 Member Posts: 10
    I have the EXT and was told by my local shops that they couldn't do duals on my truck due to the fuel filler line, they said it would be too close and be a hazard. Does anyone have duals on an EXT? How was it plumbed? Any Pictures? So far I've only seen it on the short version. Also Does anyone have the K&N Air charger installed? any problems or concerns? anyone know how it compares with the volant or any other intake mods that would be better?
  • kmigliaccio855kmigliaccio855 Member Posts: 10
    Nice shots of the exhaust and light upgrade. What did the light upgrade run you and are you happy with the results? Any chance of an underbody shot of the exhaust especially the drivers side?
    Re the seat covers- did they do some repair work to the seats? You said you just got it back from the shop and now the seat covers are loose. If they screwed something up take it back and make them fix it. What seats do you have? Cloth, leather, power adjust, heated, standard manual adj seats or ?? I could look in the service manual if I knew.

Re the spare- are you sure the rattle is coming from there? Take down the spare and put it aside, then test drive it to check and see if that's what you are hearing. Noise sources can really trick you. Besides, you ought to take down the spare at least once a year to make sure it has air in it and that it is secure. I like to keep mine a little overinflated maybe 38-40 lbs just to be sure there will be air in it if I need it. Wash the dirt and road grime off of the spare too while you have it down.

If your Envoy ride is really that harsh with noise and rattles even with the stock tires, how much air pressure are you running in those tires? The vast majority of owners seem to report the ride quality is very good, and overall a quiet interior noise level except for some usual wind noise. My 1 1/2 year old TB is still very tight and rattle free so far.
    I can take a pic with my cheap digital camera for you. I will try and post them later today.

The HIDs cost about $550. My brother and I did the install. They needed a little custom fitting but were well worth it. Driving my wife's car now with the PIAA bulbs, after driving my Envoy, is like driving without headlights.
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    How weird is that it went off by it's self on friday night but the truck is still going in on Tuesday . Does anyone think it could be all the rain we are having??I am in NYC.
  • dnunndnunn Member Posts: 10
    mcali, how much did the borlas set you back? I love the pictures you have of them. My Bravada is silent right now, but I'd probably give it up for a low rumble (does the 4200 make a rumble?).

Don, I've got the 275/45-20's on mine and it rides smoothly (the only real difference I can tell is that it takes longer to stop and the brakes feel weaker).
  • trailbluetrailblue Member Posts: 4
    I have a Blue 02 TB/LT,I have been looking for the part number for the rear bumper reflector/lights that GM uses in it export to Japan. Does anyone by chance know it.

thanks
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "How weird is that it went off by it's self on friday night but the truck is still going in on Tuesday . Does anyone think it could be all the rain we are having??I am in NYC."

Don't know about the rain but even if the SES light went out they will still be able to retrieve the trouble code and find out what set it off.
    All right, here are some of the pics of the Borla from the Underside. I didn't think to take pics of it while I had it up on the lift. Next time I do an oil change I will try to remember.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/mcali17

Shoot me an email for details on how much it cost me: mcali17@comcast.net
  • zueslewiszueslewis Member Posts: 2,353
    and never flashed, it was a soft code - $1,000 says it was the fuel cap.

It takes several key cycles to clear.
  • jabnolimitjabnolimit Member Posts: 1
    hi, just a 2003 tb. now i have 200 miles on it. no problems except i am getting under 10 mpg. any thoughts? is it going to get better once it's broke in? thanks, bob
    just now on PBS Motorweek- check your local listings..
    200 mi on a brand-new vehicle isn't enough time to condemn it yet. Give it 5,000 miles and average it out over a few tankfuls. With one tank, could be how it was topped off, or how level the TB was sitting next to the gas pump. That can make each fillup vary as much as a gallon or so. I have seen anywhere from 13.5 worse-case city stop and go, to 22.4 highway. Good Luck with your new TB.
  • twinrottstwinrotts Member Posts: 161
    For those of you that enjoy spending time keeping your rides eye catching.... What products are you using?
    Anyone have any secrets or trick they care to share???
    I must have more lotions, cleaners, waxes, polishes at this time then my 18 yr old daughter has girly stuff for herself.
    Just today I picked up the newest Meguiar's "Gold Class". Plan to try it out on my Black Passat tomorrow
  • richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    I am picking up my TB on Thursday. i just can't wait! Last time I felt like this was before Christams when I was 10! My dealer called me Friday to tell me that the price dropped again. This is the third time it dropped since I ordered it in March! The dealership is unbelievable. Well, I know some have had some problem, but there is quite a ffew of these vehicles around this year and I can't wait to have mine!!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Must be waxing weather - quite a few posts around Town Hall this week about detailing. Klasse is in vogue over in the Rendezvous discussion. Carnauba over Klasse seems to be the ticket for dark cars like your black Passat.

Check out Store Bought Waxes Part II (No Zaino Posts) for lots of ideas and tips. You may want to check out Zaino Car Polishes/Products--Your Experiences (Part 2) but consider yourself warned :-)

Steve, Host
  • elevatorguyelevatorguy Member Posts: 87
    How much was the price drop and what was it for?

Thanks,
    Todd
  • richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    Car pricing in Canada doesn't work quite like in the US. Nobody can buy $7K below MSRP in this country. So comparing between US and Ca is not easy.

But for your info (All in $CA (.73 $US):

MSRP: $42,200 (LS 4x4 with 1SB)
    Paid: $38,100
    Included: $1,200 in accessories including sidestep, mud guard, hood protector, all weather mats, wind visor, trunk tray, brake controller...

I think I did well. The dealer told me he would be at X below GM offer, and he called me three times to tell me my price dropped while I was waiting for the vehicle to arrive.
  • bobed2121bobed2121 Member Posts: 70
    Think that's well done? How about this then. Bought our 2002 LTZ 4x4 fully (and I mean FULLY) loaded in May of 2002 for $33k out-the-door!! Oh and that included a 60k mile ext warranty. Sticker alone was for $38k and some change.
      I have to confess that it was a demo with 2k miles on it, but man what a deal.
  • onlyagirlonlyagirl Member Posts: 45
    Well, yesterday my ac quit....I'm wondering if those who have posted about problems with their a/c have had them fixed yet? My 03 Envoy( I've had it a month) was blowing warm air yesterday...my brother in law found the fuse and took it out and put it back in (very technical stuff :)... and the compressor kicked in...for a little while....kept doing that all day...would work for awhile then stop...when it worked it worked well.....it's going to the shop tomorrow...hopefully it's a quick fix because I am leaving for the beach Wed afternoon!
    thanks for the ideas regarding the rattles.

my seats are cloth and the front buckets when i look underneath the seat covers have a plastic clip on the front and console side on both covers. both seat bottoms can be lifted off the seat frame except for the side where the power controls are. HELP. the seat frame doesn't look like there is a place to attach these covers.

the answer to the air pressure is 32lbs. in the 275/45/20's and i did notice the cars brakes do feel weaker and will probably upgrade the brake pads to a carbon fiber blended pad to increase braking feel and shorten the stopping distance. i put rotax gold pads on my ml320 truck and the brake dust was eliminated almost totally and the brakes feel 100% better. anybody take there rotors off yet, and if so was it easy?

i'm running the american racing torq-thrusts II's, they look great, now i have to paint my brake calipers as you can see them clearly all the time. bought the brake paint already, have 20,000 miles on it and will wait for my first brake job to paint them.

thanks again for a great resource,
    don
  • iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Sorry for the delay, I've been one busy guy for the past couple of week! Here's the listing of items that I "assumed" the GMPP would cover since I read through the GMPP warranty booklet. Out of the items listed below, the GMPP plan only addressed Items 7, 9 and 10. They said that the other items were operating within "specs?" Also, on item #10, it took the dealership three times to correct this problem and the last time, they wanted to charge me for the program flashing? After an earfull from me, they ended up doing the flashing for free. Now the vehicle states, "Curbview Assist Engaged" when backing up.

1. Rear Tailgate Seal -- The seal located at the top left-hand side (near roof rack) is exposed. Will not adhere to vehicle.

2. Button Flaking -- The following buttons have been flaking/peeling off since the 20K range:
    • Steering Wheel: Fan Up/Down (1 Total)
    • Radio: Seek/Scan, 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, AM/FM – CD/AUX, Auto Eq. – Auto Vol., Load/CD (7 Total)
    • HVAC Unit: Fan Up/Down, OFF, Front Defrost, Face Plate (4 Total)

3. Driver’s Side Door -- Door handle trim piece keeps pulling away from the door panel as if clips are bad (this piece also houses the memory buttons).

4. Rear Console Cupholder Tray -– Cupholder tray will not close without extreme force.

5. Rear Wiper Washer – Unit will not contact with glass or retract to it’s normal resting place when not operational. Replaced wiper blade and this did not correct problem at hand.

6. ON-STAR – Antenna is loose

7. Steering Rubbing Noise – With the steering wheel in a full left/right lock position, upon acceleration, you will hear a rubbing noise outside near engine compartment. This happens when making a left or right-hand turns with steering wheel turned as close to the lock position as possible (i.e. maneuvering into a parking spot).

8. HVAC – Erratic operation and incorrect external temperature displayed quite often (There was a TSB issued for the HVAC update, but do not know the bulletin # off hand). Usually the temperature will correct itself within 30 minutes or upon restarting vehicle.

9. Rear HVAC Controls – Air will only blow towards the floor. No matter which position the control is in, the unit will only blow air towards the floor of the vehicle.

The Following Items Have Applicable TSB’s or SERVICE BULLETINS (ALL ATTACHED)

10. Wandering Power Mirrors (SEE ATTACHED TSB – Uncommanded Movement of Outside Rearview Mirrors #02-08-64-008) – Vehicle suffers from the wandering driver/passenger mirrors whenever utilizing memory options via DIC or reverse tilting mirrors. The mirrors will NEVER return to their original position.

11. Rear License Plate Gasket (SEE ATTACHED TSB – Paint Rub Through on Liftgate around Edge of License Plate Housing/Pocking (install insulating seal/gasket) #02-08-66-004) – Paint has already been worn off from the expansion/contraction of the license plate housing. The gasket will prevent further damage and muffle the cracking noise of the expansion/contraction.

12. Delayed Transmission Downshift and Fan Roar (SEE ATTACHED TSB -- #01-06-04-052) -- On occasion, upon initial daily starting, vehicle will ROAR upon acceleration and respond as if the engine power is being drained out of the vehicle. The noise will quell after approximately 1 or 2 minutes and the engine power comes back to the vehicle.

13. Product Safety RECALL – Transmission Case Reprogram (SEE ATTACHED BULLETIN #01064A) -- Vehicle has on occasion AUTOMATICALLY engaged into 4wd mode with the switch being in the 2wd position. Please investigate.

OH... last but not least, they performed the recall on the instrument cluster so now the gages appear to work correctly!

Thanks!

IExplore2000
    For those of you who are fairly new to this board and are experiencing trouble with your A/C, the following information may help you?

Over a year ago, there were numerous A/C complaint postings from late spring throughout the summer of 2002. I experienced the same issue with the intermittent A/C on my 2002 Envoy along with several others last year. We kept in contact with each other and I think that no one officially had the issue resolved, but we were told that GM was aware of this issue and had been working on a possible fix.

To gain better insight as to what might have been done to correct the problem, use the search feature and sift through any and all articles covering the Spring/Summer 2002. There should be an abundance of information out there to assist.

Good Luck!

IExplore
    Question???

Have anyone been able to successfully install the 2002 Electrochromatic Outside Dimming mirror on their 2003 Envoy SLT's? This is definitely one feature that I DO miss and want to make the swap if GM kept all of the necessary wiring in place to make the swapping of mirrors possible on the 2003 models? FYI.. I called the local GM parts department and it appears that the dimming outside mirror costs ~ $420! Luckily I can get it for 1/2 the cost since my dad is a GM employee.

Second, I REALLY miss the articulating headrest that my 2002 Envoy had. I already figured out that in order to remove the headrest, you simply use a paper clip (or another pointy object) and push it into the little hole thingee on the headrest. I guess that releases the retaining feature, so you simply push on the release button and pull up the headrest until it comes out of the housing. Once I had the headrest in my hand, I flipped it over and tried to discover how you would remove the headrest cover. It looks like some sort of tongue and grove system, but I was too afraid to mess with it so I did not. Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the headrest cover in the event that it should have to be replaced? According to the GM parts department, the articulating headrest cost ~ $84 a piece, but I automatically assumed that you would only get the metal post and the foam padding and NOT the actual cover itself.

Any insight that you all could provide would be greatly appreciated. Also, as a side note, I guess GM discontinued the articulating headrest feature around the mid 2003 model year? I noticed that the dealership where I had purchased my Envoy had a demo 2003 Envoy SLT on the showroom floor that had a build date of 8/02 on the door. Just for piece of mind, I checked the headrest and with a good TUG, it moved forward! Hmm... I should have asked them to swap headrest since the vehicle's had the same color interior? Oh well.. Maybe they will let me swap?? Ha, ha..

Thanks everyone!

IExplore2000
  • seifordseiford Member Posts: 68
    I wonder if the driver side auto-dimming mirror was removed for 2003 because of a safety issue? A friend with a 2002 disabled his because at dusk it would dim too much and cars without headlights on were not visible. And in his opinion it dimmed too much and made ONLY items well lit visible.

Articulating headrest? You can adjust it front to back? Not on my 2003 Envoy.. didn't know 2002's had them. The service manual section regarding removing the headrest cover: "1. Remove the front seat head restraint. 2. Release the J-strips on the bottom of the head restraint cover. 3. Remove the cover from the head restraint." Looks like the J-strips are the plastic strips you describe (grove).
  • seifordseiford Member Posts: 68
    Don99lhs:

The service manual shows the plastic clips (they call them J-strips) and show that they clip to the metal on the seat frame itself. I could scan the picture from the manual if you'd like it e-mailed to you.
  • zueslewiszueslewis Member Posts: 2,353
    BUTTON FLAKING, cupholders not closing? No extended warranty will cover these items.
  • dashcraft123dashcraft123 Member Posts: 9
    I bought the intake and trying to install it. got a problem though. the air temp sensor wont fit in the airmax intake without a grommet or something. the one on the stock intake is molded in place. I have a 2003 trailblazer anyone out there had the same problem or know how to fix it. thanks
  • kpp14kpp14 Member Posts: 62
    April 2002 Envoy slt 43,000 km
    That certainly is a long list Explore2000! It will be interesting to see how Richs is. Please someone tell me where to get the TSB,s again. This posts on the failing instrument cluster concerns me. My dealer would have fixed your whole list, given me a comparable rental and phoned me regularly with updates! Then two days after I pick it up a faxed letter and a phone call to make sure I was a happy camper...(are you going to be sick yet)

The cup holder can be replaced without removing the console. My daughter kicked it shut and broke it..normal wear and tear I guess.

The dimming mirrors are better for hiway travel but I turn them off at times for city travel. The housing on the right mirror also separated. It does not like my daughter swinging from it..also wear and tear

My fan roar went away with time. After the PCM update recently it comes back now on occasion.

They replaced the transfer case...I had minor frontend "shimmy"

Oh and buy the way, my AC belts out so much cold air I,m going to try making ice cubes on the dash.

Next week i,m going to be travelling in the Canadian rockys....but in a Xterra. Ill bet that will leave me wanting more.
  • dragonhead08dragonhead08 Member Posts: 34
    well at 19,192 miles my TB has decided to leave me stranded. Yesterday when leaving the house the TB wouldnt even crank on the first try. I though maybe the shift lever was not full engaged into park si I pushed in firther and tried again and it started with no problem. So i go get some lunch and as Im going around a corner and go to hit the gas the car shudders and dies. My gauges are all going crqzy at this point. I try to restart it and it fires right up. I decide to pull into a parking lot just to make sure it dosnt die on me again. So I turn off the engine and try to see if it will start. .....Nothing. plus gauges are all wacky again. I had it towed to the closestr dealership and was complaining about how a car only a year old should not have to be in the shop for the 8th time. One of the salesman tells me in a very sarcastic manner the solution is to never buy a chevy again. I could of back handed him right there I was so mad. Instead I just looked at him and said "especially if its from you" and walked away. So I couldnt get a hold of the service dept this morning and I'm still waiting for them to call me back. Funny thing is I just had the reprogram done for the dieing gauged last week.
  • mklemickmklemick Member Posts: 3
    I have a 03 TBext with about 4700 mile on it. Under light acceleration and between 30-45 mph, I hear a slight pinging noise. Does not happen during heavy acceleration, just when cruising with my foot barely touching the accelerator. Has anyone else come across this or is it normal like the book says.
    Sieford,

Thanks a bunch for responding! That would be GREAT if you could scan a copy of the procedure and illustrations to send via e-mail to me. By any means, I am not an automobile technical person, therefore I think the illustrations would help me so that I don't break the headrest cover. You can send those directions to: living4goodlife@aol.com

Also, does your service manual indicate any information related to installing the dimming outside mirror? More specifically, does the illustration show or give any possible indication that it would work with the dimming mirrors?

Thanks!

IExplore2000
  • gator36gator36 Member Posts: 294
    FYI,
    The problem listed was not with any hands on the A/C button. By default, if you leave the A/C on when you shut the vehicle off, on startup it will be on as well.
     This is an undocumented feature on GM vehicles lately. (Silverado, Taho and Trailblazer tested so far.)
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    I received a letter today from Chevy. They acknowledged a potential defect in early 2002 TB engines. It has to do with the cylinder sleeves cracking. As a result, they will make repairs for 7 yrs or 100 k miles from date of service. The extended coverage is transferable to subsequent owners. Repairs must be made by a GM dealer.
     I posted this problem in the fall of 2001. They finally got it!!
    Ah, the power of the internet.

Frank
  • axsysmanaxsysman Member Posts: 26
    I also have the AirMax intake and the rubber grommet they supplied was useless. I found that the rubber grommet that the little air filter usage sensor slides into works perfectly and can be easily replaced if you ever decide to return to original equipment.

The sensor is the little clear plastic canistor mounted on the side of the oem air intake duct, it indicates filter life by monitoring how much air is passing through filter. The AirMax system replaces it so it is no problem using the rubber grommet it slides into. I Have an '02 GMC Envoy so I am not sure the '03's have this sensor. Also, the rubber grommet on my sensor was just pushed into the oem duct, no glue.

Hope this helps!
    Guys,
    I have an 03 TrailBlazer LT and I am looking to add a few accessories. First, i am looking for window visors. I realize that Vent Visor is the industry standard. The thing that I don't like about them is the fact that they tape to the outside of the windows. I think it looks unfinished. I am looking for a set that uses some sort of clips in the window channel. Does anyone here have these? I think Wade makes a set. Any opinions? Do they shift a lot? I am worried they may rub through the paint if they do. Next is a bug deflector. Anyone here using one? I am looking for a no drill installation. The tape wouls be acceptable here, but i would prefer something that snaps in somehow. I also am looking for one that doesn't use the rubber bumpers on the hood. Then I am looking for molded mud flaps. I realize that GM accessories is probably the best bet. Do these flaps that they sell require drilling? How do they install? Lastly, I am looking into a remote starter. Anyone here using a Ultra Start? The guy in my area that seems to be the most knowledgable sells these. I am looking to hear from anyone that has one. He wants $280 installed and that includes interfacing with the factory security system and keyless entry. The price seems OK and he seems to know what he's talking about, but I would love to hear from anyone that has one and what they like and dislike about it. Sorry for the ling winded post guys, but you are all as into your rides as I am into mine and a little research goes a long way. I would love to hear from anyone that has any input on any of these items. First hand experience is always best, but anything anyone has to add will be graetly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Todd
  • previousamigopreviousamigo Member Posts: 130
    There is some minor drilling into the plastic wheelwell with the factory molded mud flaps. But if I can do it then anyone can! The instructions seemed good. The only thing that I worry about is the rare occasion that I do take the TB off road, could these molded flaps get torn off and cause damage to the body? I havn't installed anything else yet.
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    I too received it. Smells just like GM's notice for the Quad 4 motor and the Head Gasket failures.

Working in the industry back in the early 90's I saw hundreds of Quad 4's come back each month at our dealerships alone. So many at times, we had to turn them away.

This is a major notice and IMO, a Major Warning sign that when hits the Market....will probably impact the triplets resale value. Quad 4's became known as a major engine to avoid. It wasn't until 1996 that GM redesigned the head completely and removed the Quad 4 name.
    an email of the service manual would be great, i have the power cloth seats without heat. my email address is D220L214@aol.com.

thanks,
    don
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    it is mildly comforting that the General would even admit to the problem. I believe that the sleeve problem is serious, but by 100 k miles the triplets will have many more serious problems to deal with. Personally, I think the electronics will be a much bigger problem by then. The connectors needed for the data to pass through will by then become corroded enough to cause major problems. Think of the volume control on an old radio. Now imagine the engine responding like that old volume control. Remember, the gas pedal is basically connected to the engine with a "volume" control, not a connecting rod. It's not a pleasant thought. I don't think the triplets will be "keepers" much beyond the extended warranty period, unless you happen to work for a GM dealer.

Frank
    Thanks for the reply. You mention drilling into the plastic wheelwell. These are not attached into the lip on the fender? I just assumed that's where these were fastened. Are they genuine GM mudflaps?

Thanks,
    Todd
  • twinrottstwinrotts Member Posts: 161
    Lund make several models of bug deflectors that attach into holes that are already provided by Chevy under the leading edge of the hood.
    Installation takes approx 5 minutes and the deflector works well.
    I bought it mainly to protect the front paint from stone chips, and so far after 13K not a chip in sight. IMO it gives a nice look to the front as well