Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Prelude 1997-2002

Comments

• nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Low to mid $30s would be tops.

The silver 03 4 door Accord I have has a manual tranny and was a steal in the low 20s. But more than enough is also good.

I am 6 foot 4" and long of leg so S2000 is out. G35 and Accord do fit.

325i intrigues me but it would have to be a lease as maintenance scares me off - why I prefer a Japanese make like Acura, Infiniti or Subaru.

Our other car is H6 Outback which is also a bit small for me.
  • chillenhondachillenhonda Member Posts: 105
    I had a 99 black 5-speed Prelude which i sold to move cross-country. Moved with a 99 Accord EX-L 5-speed. Great car, not at all sporty and not for me. Sold it, wanted to save some money, so i bought a 1986 Prelude, black, 5-speed Si for $1700 with 112,000 miles.

when i was younger i always loved the Preludes and Accords with flip-up headlights, and they proved themselves over time. This car rocks for a 1986! It amused me, as a new Prelude owner, to make comparisons to the 1986 and 1999. even though they are more than a decade and 3 generations apart, there are similarities.

The guages are still the big round legible full circles. The center control stack, althought definitely looking like crica 1986, is still the same overal shape as the 99, with the push-button climate controls and one slider above a radio. the dash vents still are incorporated into the actual sloping dashboard. the seats are still sporty, comofortable, and grippy.

the car is in perfect shape and condition (thanks so cal weather!) and runs like new. smooth quiet and decent powerful for a non-vtec 2.0-liter engine. it gets over 33mpg on the highway. I had a new thermostat and coolant and cv joints put in for $500 altogether. the steering is direct and precise, altho slower than the new prelude. its light on its feet and handles with little body lean.

the best part is that this generation, along with the next one (1988-1991), looks just like the 97-01. long, sloping hood, wide front end, short straight rear deck, etc. (by the way, its really cool that the hood opens backwards, corvette style) this car mustve been hot in 1984 when it came out. although i do miss the vtec rush to redline (even the accord had it) its a great car. i do wonder where the 92-96 came from since it has none of the similarities that the other generations do.
    My Dad almost bought a 1984 Prelude! Got the Accord instead. It was a sweet ride.
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Member Posts: 776
    RX-8 hands down, game, set, match.

If you love the Prelude you'll love the RX-8. It is, in fact, a 5th gen Prelude with about five to six years of evolution and refinement. It's what a 6th gen Prelude would have been like, and it has the handling, performance, build quality and style to match.

For Prelude owners looking for something new, I cannot say enough superlative things about the RX-8. I really loved the test drives. I'd be in one now if I weren't so incredibly drawn to convertibles.

Oh, best of all, since the RX-8 is selling about as well as the Prelude did, you can get good deals on it too! :)
    Thanks Sphinx. I did look at the RX-8 but found it too small for me. It is a very nice ride, though.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    chillenhonda:

Good to hear you're still around! Congrats on your new used Prelude! I hope life is treating you well on the Left Coast!

nowakj66:

how long do you plan on keeping your next car?

maintenance on a 325i scares you off? BMWs come with 4 years or 50K miles of full maintenance standard. In addtion to the 4 year/50K bumper to bumper warranty, BMW's full scheduled maintenance includes oil changes, wiper blades, brake pads, brake rotors...

The current E46 3 series was first introduced in 1999 and all of the gremlins typically associated with German cars have been engineered out.

When the day comes (a few years from now) that I can move up to a new car, it's probably going to be 325Ci (as long as the next gen E90 3 series isn't butchered).

If the German marquees scare you, check out the Lexus IS300 5 speed. The handling is razor sharp, you can get it with a LSD, it has a creamy smooth 3.0L Inline 6, and bulletproof Lexus reliability to back it up.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

That's another good Prelude-like suggestion. The IS300 handles similarly, and despite its added dimensions it still has that "compact" thing going. And as nyc mentioned, you're basically getting the inline 6 from the Supra... there are worse powerplants to have to settle for.

nyc, by the time you let go of that Prelude BMW will be selling 345Ci coupes as their entry level coupe :)
    Sphinx99: How true my friend! I definitely can't argue that point with you:)

nowak66: I also forgot to say that the IS is somewhat of a slow seller for Lexus, so basically you start at invoice and work your way down:) You can probably find a dealer at the end of a month that'll sell it to you for $28 & change.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

The Lexus IS 300 manual is another interesting choice. And I do like a deal since some of the newness of the model is gone.

I kept my Prelude 8 years and never thought about getting something else till the end. It made me very happy.

But the cars that have since replaced it to not give me, "I can look at no other" feeling. Outback LL Bean is now with wife. And my Accord EX stick (2003) is so darn practical from a maintenance and cost-to-own standpoint, I almost feel guilty for knocking it for lacking verve and style.

I am tall so i will have to see if I fit in an IS300. Maybe I would not be thinking twice if I had spent the extra $5k on that 6 speed Acura TSX last year . . . .
    It is interesting that you mention your Accord and (the wife's) Outback which are both fine cars, but they just don't do it for you like the Prelude did.

I feel the same way. Before owning my Prelude I leased my 2 previous cars, a 1998 Ford Explorer Sport (for 2 years) and a 2000 Saab 9-3 (for 3 years). They were both great cars for their terms. But I realized that part of what I liiked about them is that they were leased and that I was going to give them back. I found myself after 6 months just kind of counting down to the lease end to see what I'd get next.

Cars are the one thing that I'm truly into (not sure if you picked up on that yet). I love my Prelude. It is a car that I've lusted after since the 4th gens came out. It is one of the cars of my dreams (among many others, check my profile). It will be a difficult car to replace when the time comes. Certain events have occured in my life recently that have made me truly realize that we only get one go 'round here on earth. If I love cars, then I'm going to go for the car that I want and have wanted without compromising. There are a lot of cars out there that are nice cars or great cars for the money like the 6 speed TSX or a G35 Coupe that I would be content with, but I've always wanted a BMW. I have to have one. Am I going to go out and aquire one next week on an impulse? No. But when the time comes to replace my fiancee's beloved Protege, we're probably going to get her a BMW via European Delivery.

Sorry for the long post.

This reminds me that If I want to keep my said Prelude for a while, I've got to make an appointment for an oil change and go out and buy some Mobil 1.

Synthetic is good. The S switches over next week.

I've read excellent things about Amsoil in terms of synthetic oil performance. Redline also gets good reviews in S2000 circles.
    Good luck getting that BMW. Are you thinking of a 330i or something else? I worry about cost of ownership but there is nothing like the original.

What I liked about my Prelude was adequate engine power (1992 - pre-VTEC), great handling and light on its feet. The Accord EX has similar power and weighs about the same. But the handling is not quite there.

Now that I see dozens of Accords daily, I must admit that part of the Prelude's appeal was that it was admired by many but not too many people actually purchased them. The Accord is a competant, practical, everycar. The Prelude's appeal was selective to the person who likes a good handling car and is willing to pay for it. An Accord Coupe may have been a wiser financial and practical choice. But the Prelude was more in line with my priorities - pay for performance.

Probably the most similar car today would be an Acura TSX - you get more engine in a V6 Accord but less exclusivity and handling. I also think of WRX's this way -- it takes a unique set of priorities to select that car over something more mainstream with better resale and more comfy appointments - ie Accord.

Best of all worlds is something sporty, admired, and well appointed. Like your BMW. I know it is apples and oranges but my wife and I were so burned on the build quiality of a Volvo S-40 that Euro manufacturers were on the "do not buy" list for a while. Too bad too because I love the BMWs, Audis, even Passat Wagons. Maybe on a lease where you can turn it back in before the warranty is out if it is a problem. Or keep it if you love it.

So I guess lesson learned. The Accord stick is a great car and I thought the stick would make it performance oriented enough. But the purchase has taught me that for me, it pays to pay the extra $$ to be different.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A journalist is looking to interview consumers who have recently bought preowned sports cars. Why did you buy "used" and which car did they choose? Why that car? Did you realize a tremendous cost savings? Did you go for certified used? Please respond to newswiz@earthlink.net and/or jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, March 5 with your name, daytime contact information and some information about your vehicle.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Does the Prelude count as a sports car? Hmmmmmm.
    sphinx99: I'll probably switch over in a week or 2. You should write her your story of how you traded in your Prelude for your original S, then bought your Prelude back, then sold it for the '04 S.

For myself, I'm actually into the 3er coupes. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a 330Ci (if I could swing the dough), but as far as my driving abilities and habits go I'd be perfectly happy in a 325Ci. As long as it has the Sport Package 17" wheels (sport suspension is std on the coupes), a moonroof, heated seats, and a 6 speed stick It will do for me.

Part of what I do love about the Prelude is that it is somewhat of a rare car. People who talk to me about it usually are other enthusiast types. There's a guy in the garage with a '92 Civic Hatch with an Integra LS 1.8L engine who told me that he's been looking for a scrapped Prelude for sometime for the motor.

• bunk1968bunk1968 Member Posts: 119
    To anyone that feels like commenting. I need a new vehicle and was considering the Prelude. As far as what I like in vehicles, I am all over the board. I have thought about pickups and about a Legacy and a Protege 5 and a Passat 1.8. I just can't seem to decide on what would best fit me. I know that when I was younger I was told the Prelude was an excellent car and now I am even considering buying a used Prelude. I am looking for a vehicle that stands out, but is not going to make me look like I am going through an early mid life crisis. I want something that gets decent gas mileage, has more storage space than a Toyota MR2, won't cost a lot to insure, has good reliability, and that I will still enjoy driving 5 to 10 years from now.
    I was hoping someone might comment on all of this and answer a few questions?
    * What kind of gas mileage does the Prelude get? Edmunds said 19mpg city/highway.
    * Does it take premium fuel?
    * Is it expensive to insure??
    * Is it's interior similar to the 1990 CRX Si I once owned? (I would like something different)

I don't spend this much money often, and I will probably keep what I buy for a long time, if it lasts.
    I don't know if it seems silly to buy something that was dicuntinued in 2001 and is basically a 1997 design when I could get something more up to date for the same price. I have found good deals on Mazda 6s' and Protege 5 (which are also discontinued, but have a much more modern interior at least) and on Legacy's.

If so many of you love your Preludes or you miss the ones you owned, Why don't you just get another? There are still quite a few low mileage 2001's to be found??????

Oh, and one other question. I found a 2001 Prelude with 19000 miles on it. It is a silver 5 speed going for $16900, is this a good price?
    It is not an SH.
  • chillenhondachillenhonda Member Posts: 105
    The Prelude was definitely the best car I Have every owned. You will enjoy all the aspects of a performance car (looks, acceleration, braking, handling, etc) while still being able to use it in all practical matters (commuting, fold down rear seat, decent mileage, etc).

Input on your questions:

I believe EPA mileage is 22/27...I averaged around 25-26 overall, with 30-31 on long highway trips. Premium fuel is required, it does run fine on regular with a barely noticeable loss of power.

Insurance was actually $7 less per month (black 5-speed 99 coupe) than my Accord (black 5-speed 99 also) for the same coverage, same location. I think Honda's are on the high side, although nothing ridiculous like a premium brand.

The interior is a bit plain, but completely functional, with high quality assembly. Its roomy up front, decent for adults in the back for a short trip, cupholders, storage bins, door pockets, large glovebox, no signs of wear and tear after 4 years.

I can go on forever about the virtues of this car, and you could also look up any review (10 Best C&D, Best Handling Car for Under $30K, Comparo Winner, etc).

Mine was a 99, didnt exactly baby it, and sold it with 72,000 miles. Nothing went wrong, ever, and it was in perfect condition.

I sold mine for moving reasons, but am looking to buy another one this fall. 2001's are on the expensive side, but worth it, I feel. Personally Im going to try to find a black SH with under 20,000 miles and hopefully the certification.

Hope this helps you.
    Yes, that helps, thank you!
    If anyone else has input, it is welcome as well.

I did not know that the Prelude takes premium fuel.
    That is kind of downer. I don't want to pay the gas prices that are out there now.
    Well, at least the mileage seems pretty good from what you have experienced?. I wonder why edmunds said that their Prelude got only 19mpg city/highway??
    Well, I guess I really need to try driving one of these. I was about to purchase a 03 Mazda Prot.5 that was only 10500 with only 9000 miles on it.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!
    Go back over this board and all the magazine reviews, you'll find tons of useful info. I love my Prelude! The styling is unique and there aren't too many on the road (like a few of the cars you mentioned). The handling still blows me away and I've owned my '01 Type SH for almost 2 years (purchased new in April '02).

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:

As far as gas mileage goes, the harder you drive it, the lower the mileage will be. I drive one the moderate to somewhat aggressive side and manage to average about 21-23 mpg mixed city/highway. Edmunds probably got 19mpg because the editors drove it like they stole it.

Like chillenhonda said, it takes premium. To me it is a small price to pay for a performance oriented vehicle. Wherever you are, the gas can't be more expensive than it is here in New York. Even with High Test hovering around the $2.00/gallon mark, my last few fill ups have averaged about $25 each.

As far as insurance goes, that is totally up to your driving record as well as a few other things. What may seem expensive for you to insure may be just average to me.

The interior isn't anything special. It is very functional and well laid out with no distractions (actually that is special in this day of I-drive and such). You'll probably find the HVAC controls to be exactly the same as your CRX.

GO and drive one. The proof is in the pudding:) Don't be suprised to find yourself taking exit ramps at more than twice the speed advisory.

I'll definitely be driving my Prelude for another 3+ years.

Thank you!
    Do you have to use premium and if you don't could it harm the car. I was going to buy a used 2001 model and there is no way I would know if the owner used premium or not.
    Please tell me if a 2001 Prelude with 19000 miles on it is worth $16900? It is supposed to be in EXCELLENT condition. It is not an SH model.
    Premium fuel is required. I'm sure you could run it on regular with no harmful effects on the engine as the engine's timing will retard (due to the lower octane) and your engine will produce less horsepower & torque, therefore incresing the amount of power needed to get up to speed and decresing your fuel economy (kinda like driving with your AC compressor engaged full time).

As far as if the car is a good value or not, you should post that on the
    "real world trade in values" board here on Town Hall.

Sphinx99: I know your going to be loving your S2K now that top down weather is upon us. Did you happen to catch the specs on that MazdaSpeed Miata? It is a pretty slick package (not S2K slick, but nothing is:)

It's a nice package. Only concern is price, the Miata really is making a bee-line for the $30k barrier these days, but the car is very well-equipped and does have the refinement and elegance that only a car with a decade or more of ongoing development is going to have.

Top down weather? Where?! We have snowstorms beginning in a few hours. And it's all headed your way, buddy :)
    Well, the MazadaSpeed model stickers at around $26 & change. These cars don't sell too well here because on Mazda's website has some crazy 0% (or 0.9%) for 60 month deal (thank-you parent company Ford) on all 2003 & 2004 Miatas. I'd love to walk into a dealership in a few winters on a day like today (thanks a lot for the snow buddy:) and pick up a MazdaSpeed model that's been sitting around (much like my Prelude was).

Yesterday was 60 degrees here and I drove home from work with the roof open and the windows down half way. I'm glad I haven't switched the snows off yet because we got ourselves one helluva slushy/icy/snowy mess. We're supposed to get more of the white stuff dumped on us before week's end.

My condo where we've moved is very hilly. In particular there is a large, steep driveway to the get to the condo's gatehouse, then you have to slow down almost to a stop so the scanner can read the sticker on your window, then make a tight turn and go over a speedbump uphill. There was a lady in a SP equipped E39 525i that wasn't fairing so well. The Prelude took it without a hesitation or hiccup.

The only thing that scares me about driving in the snow are the other drivers. Besides the over-confident SUV driver, I've also got to worry about these guys who drive around in Yukons, Tahoe's, Escalades... with Z rated rubber bands on their 24" rims.

It needs some fresh Mobil 1 Synthetic, a filter change, chassis lube, the moonroof slides back and forth on the slow side (esp during cold mornings), and I hear my driver's window creaking when it is wet on the way up.

They gave me an LX Accord this time with power windows, locks, and mirrors. This loaner shimmies and shakes like Brittney Spears, and has one headlight out. The gold color blends in nicely with all the other gold colored Camrys, Saturns, and Accords in my condo complex:)

Sat in the Suzuka Blue S2K (yes the same one that's been in the showroom since I believe the '04's were introduced). Such a gorgeous car you've got SPhinx99. I even sat in it with the top up and I swear I have more headroom in that car with the top up than in my Prelude.

Thanks :) Believe it or not, I think the S has more headroom and leg room than the Prelude. The Prelude wins in shoulder room by a wide margin, though, and let's not even get started on the trunk.

In sad news, a metal button on my leather jacket somewhat gouged the leather seat in the S. I have no idea whether it's easily repairable. This is one area where cloth seats win out.

I saw a white Type SH yesterday, perhaps the same one I've seen once before in this area. Such a gorgeous car.
    The car definitely runs a bit smoother when I have the oil changed. I can hear the difference in the motor from 2 days ago. I guess that's part of what makes the Prelude a great car is that it really communicates with you:) They lubed the tracks on my moonroof and now it glides back and forth like the day I got it. They said one of the channels had to be lubed because that's what was causing the window to skip on the way up.

So after I picked my car up, I headed back into the city to cath the Rangers (hockey) game. On my way home I was on a 3 lane interstate highway that they are doing construction. So there is a large orange sign that clearly marks the 2 right lanes merging into the left lane. Right as the lanes merge, there is another sign that says the lanes are shifting to the right. By the time I saw that sign, there was a rather large tractor trailer next to me. No time (or room) to slam on the brakes, so I downshifted from 5th to 2nd and away I went.

• stevenh7stevenh7 Member Posts: 33
    What brand would you recommend for my 97 Prelude?
    I looked at the car and realized half the reason I wanted a Type SH so badly...the wheels! The wheels make the car look like a sports car while my steel winter wheels make the car look so ultilitarian.

The steering is noticible heavier with the 16" wheels as opposed to the 15" winter wheels. I alos notci there is less body roll (due to the smaller sidewall).

have you checked out the tire rack? What kind of tires are you looking for, high performance or all season?

• stevenh7stevenh7 Member Posts: 33
    Looking for all season. What is the tire rack?
    tire rack is an online retailer that will let you plug in your vehicle make & model, and let you select tires based on certain criteria (high performance, all season, winter...). The site is tirerack.com

Their prices are very reasonable and if you have a question, their sales staff is extremely knowlegeable.

let us know what you come up with.

Those of us who post regularly here don't put all season tires on our Preludes (current or Former).

Personally I like to use dedicated snow tires for the winter (with a cheap set of steel wheels) and will get some nice Z rated perfromance tires for Summer/Spring/Fall duty when my stock Bridgestones wear out.

I had my Prelude washed for the first time in what seems like months tonight. I don't care that it is going to rain tomorrow, I just couldn't stand it! The interior is nice and clean and the red paint shines once again. That reminds me, I've got to throw a coat of wax on one of these days! I love the way my car looks at dusk. It looks clean and you can't see any of the dings or scratches. Damn I love my Prelude! At the end of the month 4/27 will be my car's 2nd birthday!

• timothyawtimothyaw Member Posts: 148
    Hello All, I got sidetracked with other things from posting yeah yeah I'm the guy with the 01 Black Type SH in case you forgot haha.
    I had it stored for the winter as I drive my 92 Integra GSR in the winter.
      Have you guys heard of 3M Paint protection film? I'm having it put on my car this weekend. I just HATE dings and paint chips on the front end. I've heard only good reviews about it. Actually I've had it put on another car I have and you really can't tell its there until you're up close. I have an installer that does it for me really good guy he knows what he's doing. I'll find that sight that has it. Also I saw this, have any of you thought about this http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=332&ad- dcar=1
    Sorry for the long post I'll be keeping up more :)
    I'd say for the money, you can't beat the prelude for its performance, HANDLING, quality fit and finish inside and out! And then too I STILL get looks because its not a car you see every mile like a vette etc. I know others have posted on this but I just HAD to chime in :)
    24,000 is going to show up tomorrow AM:)

Not to shabby considering that at this time last year I had less then 6K on the car!

I got some serious catching up to do, 8,900 miles here. I have a road trip planned soon down south. I'll get a chance to open it UP!
    Miles fly when you're having fun :) I'm reading about 9,970 on the S.... should pass 10 grand sometime on the way to work today :(
  • kenjabikenjabi Member Posts: 76
    I'm jealous of all you low-milers. :) Over 63,000 on my Prelude now. Car still runs great overall, just a little rattle in the back when going over bumps, and my Check Engine light seems to randomly come on and off. Last time I asked my mechanic about it he said it came up as an O2 sensor code. Any other (5th gen) Prelude owners have a similar problem around this mileage?
  • proggerprogger Member Posts: 2
    I would like to take the jump now and make that Prelude Purchase but other economic factors have slowed me down (#1, son beginning college) I will probably still wait 1 more year to pull the trigger but a local dealer has a 2001 Black auto with spoiler, fog lights and 30K miles. It is pulling me in. I know most of you enthusiasts prefer the 5 speed but I am quite happy with the auto. Haven't driven it yet, but the asking price is $16,995. I was hoping to purchase one for less than 15K. Is the market for Preludes tight or is there room for negotiation?
    If the car is in good condition I would go for it. If you don't somebody else will come along and snap it up and you'll be on the outside looking in!
    I actually saw an '01 Auto Prelude advertised in NEWSDAY (a Long Island Paper) I can't recall the color, but the person was asking I think $13,900 or something to that effect. The car had 30K miles. Check out newsday.com to check out the ad. They should list thie classifieds online.

So my right front blinker was out. I changed it. It was relatively easy and painless. The hard part is getting the damn assembly back in. The little screw isn't catching. It is in, but loose. The whole assembly popped out when I hit a speed bump. I'm going to attempt to fix it tomorrow! Any suggestions?

• linardlinard Member Posts: 59
    Hello All,

I have a 1999 Prelude with 51 thousand miles and the timing belt tensioner has failed. The car sounds like the engine has a loose bolt rolling around in there at certain RPMs. Its disheartening! Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else here has had that problem? Another guy who is in the same parking garage with a 2000 red SH with 45K stopped me yesterday to say how gorgeous my baby was and said, "you wouldn't believe it, my tensioner failed." After the shock that both of our cars have the same problem, he informed me that he knows of two other Preludes that had the problem and that the owners managed to convince Honda North America to repair their cars at no cost. Has anyone had this experience or got Honda to repair their cars?

They filed the claim for me yesterday and told me they'd call on Friday. I really hope they cover the repairs as that's totally expensive!

http://www.geocities.com/linhluu76/Prelude.jpg

And to comment on the rarity of Preludes, you'd never know how little they sold here in SoCal. I see at least 5 or 6 a day in varios colors and conditions.

Thanks...
    Goes a long way. So after work I was messing around with this blinker assembly for about a half hour after work yesterday. My Dad comes by as he's about to leave and says: "let me take a look at this." He tries to screw it in and then takes another look at it and tells me he'll be right back. So I figure he's going to come back with some duct tape. Instead he takes a piece of cardboard and wedges it between the plastic bottom piece and the bumper...fits like a glove. No complaints from me.

Wish I could help! Definitely let us know what HOnda does for you. Either way, good luck!

SO I merged onto the highway behind a White base model with the Honda Ground effects kit. I flashed him and waved. I saw him look up in his mirror and give me the thumbs up out his sunroof:)

linard: That was the first 5th gen Prelude I've seen since Saturday!

• linardlinard Member Posts: 59
    Hello all,

I received a surprising call from my local dealership, they offered a 200 dollar rebate which would bring the repair to around 400 with all the other "suggested" repairs, such as the outer belts, water pump, seals, cam belts, etc etc. So I called Honda of NA again, and they agreed that the entire timing repair belt repair should be done, which would then lower my out of pocket down to 230 or so. I will hopefully know if the dealer concedes later today.

My car just sitting at some car lot and no, she was just parked. Not for sale, yet...
    to my car! As of today I've owned my Prelude for exactly 2 years! I just hit the 25K moark on Sunday!

• pathfinder13pathfinder13 Member Posts: 110
    I'm between 2002 Acura Rsx with 18000 miles and 2001 Prelude SH with 45000miles for the same price but I have no idea which one is better or to chose since this is going to be my first FWD car.
     Also, the guy said the Prelude is SH but when I checked in carfax it just says honda prelude other than that I don't see anywhere mentioning SH. How would I know that I'm really buying SH not the base. Please can someone help me, I need to know as soon as possible.