Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• pureevilpureevil Member Posts: 28
    I have approximately 1000 miles on my Trailblazer. So far, the DIC has my average MPG at 17.1

Certainly not as good MPG as I had in my Accord V6 (24MPG), or my wives Volvo, but it is an SUV. So far, I am happy with the 17. I keep the current MPG on my DIC on all the time so I can monitor my MPG. My hope is it will make me drive more responsibly and raise my MPG even more. I am a notorious lead-foot...so it will be hard :)

Hope this helps, and Good luck SUV shopping. You can't go wrong with one of these new triplets.
  • bryancosbryancos Member Posts: 282
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 01V158000

Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:CONSOLE (8/82)

Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP.

Year: 2002 Make: GMC Model: ENVOY Recall Date: 05/22/2001

Type of Report: Vehicle

Potential Number of Units Affected: 8197

Defect Summary:

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH REQUIREMENTS OF FMVSS NO. 201, "OCCUPANT PROTECTION IN INTERIOR IMPACTS." THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONSOLE COVER/ARMREST LID LATCH THAT COULD RELEASE AT LESS THAN THE 10G VERTICAL LOAD REQUIREMENT OF THE STANDARD.

Consequence Summary:

IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH, THE CONSOLE COVER COULD OPEN AND THE COVER OR ITEMS STORED UNDER IT COULD INJURE AN OCCUPANT.

Corrective Summary:

DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CONSOLE LATCH MECHANISM AND INSTALL A STRIKER PLATE.

You can search for vehicle TSBs, recalls, and consumer complaints on the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration website at:

http://www.nhtsa.org/cars/problems/Central
  • hambone7hambone7 Member Posts: 130
    What kind of driving do you do that enables you 17 MPG? I have a TB and on the highway it gets around 20-21 but in the "city" I get about 12-13. I have no idea what the EPA calls city driving, but here's mine: Drive a mile, stop at a light, drive a 1/2 mile, stop at a light, drive 50 yards, stop at a light, drive 2 miles, stop at a light...get the picture?
    I've had my TB for 5 weeks and 1200 miles and here's my problems:
    1) The check engine light has come on at 500 and 1100 miles, and then goes off by the next day. In each case Onstar was notified and they found no problem...
    2) Missing plastic covers over the front seat mountings on the floor...minor.
    3) Poor gas mileage in the "city"...see previous posting.
    4) Drooping headliner just behind the sunroof...others have posted this issue above.
    5) Gritty substance under the paint in the door jambs.

Great vehicle overall!

Oddities:
    1) When you put CDs in the console you have to put them in sideways where you can't read the labels when you open the console lid.
    2) Loose front bumper.
  • racoonlodgeracoonlodge Member Posts: 34
    Well, well, here we go again.....Sandalwood metallic due in July, then its postponed. Next release date was August 1st. For three weeks now, you heard nothing. Now it's postponed until OCTOBER!! What is wrong with GM? Can't they make a paint color? I can't keep waiting for the color to come out! No wonder GM stocks fell again! Before I pay those bucks, I want to see ALL the colors. Keep it up GM, you're trying to make strides here and YOU'RE BLOWING IT.....

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html#gmtrucks
  • nynascarnynascar Member Posts: 1
    I recently had the pleasure of learning of a new trick my TB does when I drive with just the back windows down it sounds like a helicopter is in the truck, the air pressure is so bad that it hurts my ears, as soon as I put down a front window just a hair it stops. took it to the dealer and told it is a unexplained air pressure problem and GM was notified and there is no fix for it right now.GM has received several complaints about it but still no fix yet. Just wondering if any body else has this problem.
  • pureevilpureevil Member Posts: 28
    Hambone: Most of my miles are highway miles. Have only had my TB for a week and already have 1000 miles. Those highway miles help boost the MPG.

Nynastar: When my son puts down a rear window, I get that same air preasure thingy. But, when I test drove the Explorer and Pathfinder, they did the same thing. I used to have a 97 Rodeo that did the same thing. An SUV thing I guess. Opening a front window or the sunroof seem to help. Also, I just tell my son to close the darn window :)
  • y2kgtsy2kgts Member Posts: 48
    Dropped off my '00 Yukon XL at the dealership for some minor warranty work. Been largely a GM guy since I learned to drive. Enamored with GMC since I bought my first Suburban in 1993. Sold it with 165,000 miles last year - for $10,000. Replaced a water pump, radiator, and alternator in that time. Three sets of tires and lifetime Midas brake pads/shocks. Thats it. Anyway, I digress.

I just sold my '00 Durango (Shelby clone in black/silver). No immediate plans to replace it, but the wife likes the style/price of the new Toyota RAV 4. Won't sell the XL until it dies of old age. 24,000 miles so far and absolutely LOVE it. Did I digress again? So, the XL goes in for service and I wander the GMC lot. I look at these new "Envoy" thingies. "Huh, an updated version of my 1985 S-10 Blazer", I think to myself. Rather than take the courtesy shuttle home, I ask if somebody would care to give me a test drive in the Envoy. Since I bought my XL there, they were happy to oblige.

WOW!! It took less than a mile for me to really start looking over this car seriously. Rode wonderfully (load leveling suspension) and was very quiet. Got it out on the highway and it was a joy. Plenty of passing power, little or no wind noise, and great visibility. When I arrived home to show the bride (part of my con to get a ride home), she ended up taking it for a drive while the sales guy and I admired my now-sold Durango and my other sports car. As I looked at the Durango, I was reminded of just how awesome the Envoy truly was.

My Durango was loaded with every single available option, with a few aftermarket goodies to boot (part of Shelby package). The Envoy absolutely toasted it. The "powerful" gas-guzzling 5.9 V8 in my Durango is rated at 25 LESS horsepower than the Envoy's 4.2 (Durango MPG: 12.1 average). The fit and finish are also miles apart, with the Envoy like a Mercedes S-class and the Durango like a 1972 VW Beetle. Oddly enough, the Envoy was stickered less than my '00 Durango, despite clearly being light years ahead of it in every single respect, save the 3rd seat option (which we never use since we have the Yukon XL for that).

Well, we didn't plan to buy anything to replace the Durango anytime soon. When we did in a month or two, the RAV 4 was a shoo-in. My wife is now studying the Envoy brochure and here I am on this forum. The dealer offered us a great deal (invoice) and the wheels are turning. I would not be the slightest bit surprised to be posting as a new Envoy owner in the not-too-distant future. Homerun indeed!
  • trailblazer4trailblazer4 Member Posts: 1
    HEY. IM LOOKING HEAVILY AT THE 2002 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER. I WANTED SOME MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT RECALL IS AND WHAT IT CONCERENED. IF IT WAS ANYTHING MAJOR AND WHEN IT HAPPEND. I WAS ALSO CURIOUS ABOUT SAFTEY AND THE ROLL OVER RISK. ANYONE WHO OWNS ONE OR KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! THANKS
  • envoyelroyenvoyelroy Member Posts: 11
    1) hambone7, that sideways CD thing really pisses me off, seems like an easy thing that should have been done right. It's worse than using a cell phone, trying to fumble around the CDs trying to see which is which.

2) I am consistantly getting 20.1 MPG on what is about 99% Florida Turnpike Driving at 75 MPH. I've got over 3000 miles on my Envoy now.

3) nynastar, I first noticed the "helicopter" effect in my wifes 2001 VW Passat Wagon. So it's not just a SUV thing.

My Envoy is great, not one problem at all!
  • y2kgtsy2kgts Member Posts: 48
    I believe this is common to just about every SUV out there. Had it in my '93 Suburban and two Lincoln Navigators, have it in my Yukon XL and also my Durango. Guessing it may have something to do with the fact that the wind doesn't "wrap around" after the back windows like it would on a sedan - there is a whole expanse of "wall" before it gets to the back of the car. I wonder if this is also common with station wagons? Sounds like it from what EnvoyElroy said about the Passat station wagon (above). I learned to live with it years ago and simply crack a front window or the sunroof when somebody opens a back window.
  • minn_tbminn_tb Member Posts: 25
    First of all, thanks to all who have offered insight into these new vehicles. Reading the message has helped tremendously!

About my TB mileage:

I have averaged 18.35 MPG over the life of the truck (2700 miles, this is using the data from fill-ups and odometer)
    The computer has stated 19.0 MPG average.
    I have averaged 37 MPH (using odometer and timer on DIC)

Much better than my 1999 Durango (5.2) - Is it just me or have a lot of people traded "D's" for one of the triplets?

Has anyone else seen this discrepancy between the computer and actual mileage?

Also, has any modded their engines with exhaust or new headers?

Thanks in advance for any added info.

Brendan (minn_tb)
  • jhtjht Member Posts: 24
    Right after they hit the stores (at the end of March), the triplets were recalled because an arm in the front suspension wasn't up to spec and could fracture. That would be bad, so they issued a recall "in place" and had all the trucks towed into the dealers. After about a month, corrected parts were in the hands of the dealers and installed in the trucks out in the field - GM gave most people affected (a few thousand, myself included) a package of 3 extra months of OnStar, an extra month's warranty, 2 years of SmartCare (free scheduled maintenance), and a $100 MasterCard gift check.

My Bravada was recalled as I got home from picking it up (I had it less than a day), but all was OK in the end, and they rented me an Explorer for the interim period of about 4 weeks. Driving the Explorer reminded me why I bought the Bravada in the first place, so that worked out, too.
  • domino9domino9 Member Posts: 8
    Don't forget that you can adjust the amount of "tilt" on the side mirrors when backing up. They bothered me at first too when they pointed at the ground, but now that I have them set so they split the difference between looking at the ground and straight behind the vehicle, I like the feature.
  • boat10boat10 Member Posts: 59
    Got a question for all of the triplet owners..

CRUISING DOWN THE INTERSTATE AT 70-75 WITH CRUISE CONTROL ON, COME UP ON SOME SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC AND YOU PULL OUT TO PASS, STEPPING ON THE GAS (WITH THE CRUISE CONTROL STILL ON) INCREASING YOUR SPEED TO GET AROUND, TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS PEDAL AND IT TURNS THE CRUISE CONTROL OFF!

Now what should I do? Call ON STAR for diagonistic check or take to dealer and let them see if they can remedy the situation?
    This has happened to me several times, and is beginning to tick me off. Have 2900 miles on TB with DIC and all the extra goodies. Mine is a LT.
  • bryancosbryancos Member Posts: 282
    As with any SUV, you have to drive responsibly to avoid a dreaded rollover. -- However, I will attest that my 2002 Envoy handled an emergency maneuver flawlessly while coming down a mountain pass and having to suddenly swerve into another lane at 55mph to avoid a collision with an unattentive touron. (tourist/moron) It swayed slightly and the tires yelped a little, but those big 17 inch wheels and tires stayed planted firmly on the asphalt. I don't think that my prior Jeep Grand Cherokee would have performed as well...
  • earlcearlc Member Posts: 34
    My new TB makes the same sound when a back window is down. The first time it happened I didn't know what it was. I was driving and a friend was in the back seat and he rolled down the window and I thought my TB was coming apart. The same thing happens in my wife's new Olds Intrigue although not as loud.
  • fletch45fletch45 Member Posts: 72
    Something is definitely wrong with your cruise...mine does not do that (make sure you aren't bumping the brake pedal when you are moving the foot around). I doubt that OnStar can diagnose the cruise control, so you will probably have to go to the dealer. The cruise control probably stores "fault codes" if it malfunctions, but if it is something like the brakelight switch, it might be harder to find.
    Good luck
    jim f
  • akajoeakajoe Member Posts: 69
    I wonder if it is pronounced in these triplets because the rear windows actually go ALL the way down, something you hardly find in any cars, or SUV's anymore. if you roll the windows halfway up (which some SUV's laughably call an open window), the sound is there but not as intense. Therefore, a "big deal" feature that they went to great lengths and expense to put in ended up with an amplified undesireable side effect. Other vehicles don't exhibit such an intense sound at high speed because their windows only open partway.

As for center console, I found that there were actually two sounds from two sources. The first was where the plastic mount on the console attached to the metal bracket on the floor. The second was the metal clip that forms the screw threads that is mounted on the metal bracket (on the floor) was sliding against that metal bracket and making a chirping sound. The first squeak was solved by putting a paper shim between the console plastic and the metal bracket. The second sound required that I spray silicone spray onto the metal clip so that it wouldn't squeak when it slided against the metal bracket.
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    ... is simple physics and is present in ANY vehicle that is fairly well built (meaning not much air leaks into or out of the vehicle.)

Here is what happens:

Air, rushing by (either on the side or top) seeks a downward motion(think of the air as "riding" "on top" of the surface, whether on the side or top). Therefore, when you break the surface (open a window or sunroof) the air rushes into that break. That is why sunroofs have the the built-in "wind deflector" that pops up, so that it pushes the air up and over the "break" in the surface created by the open sunroof.

When the air rushes into the vehicle, naturally, it seeks to find a place to escape. Of course we want our vehicles to be "tight" and "wind noise free" so the only place it can find is the window that it came in through. Of course while it is trying to get out, more is trying to come in and they collide which is where you get the buffeting noise from.

The easiest way to keep this from happening (other than keeping the window closed) is to crack open another window, preferably on the opposite side of the vehicle, until enough air is able to escape through it to quiet the buffeting.

If you have a sunroof, try having someone else (lest I be sued for telling someone to drive without both hands on the wheel) hold down the air deflector while driving on the freeway with all of the windows closed. You will get the same buffeting noise.
  • fletch45fletch45 Member Posts: 72
    This works on my Trailblazer, but I don't know about the sisters.

Those of you with CDs may find this useful. There is a way to store the CDs so you can read the labels on the ends. Turn the CD so the label end faces up. Put the CD in the slot at the back, and let the front of the CD drop down, the CD will rest against the front of the console at a slight angle, and you can read it. It is almost easier to get the CD into the one slot in back, than it is to get it in both.

I will find out the next day or two if they rattle, but I think they will be fine.

The CD slots are a bad design...just as well try and make the best of it.
    jim f
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    "Also, has any modded their engines with exhaust or new headers?"

not yet, but I'm in the process of doing so. I have yet to find any aftermarket headers, but it's early. I'm going to wait until next spring/summer before I do an exhaust as by then perhaps something will pop up.

keep me posted in your email file for things you do. mine is a work in progress.

tim

mods at http://www.iwaynet.net/~tlauro/go-cars/trailblazer/1-main-page.html

The latest problem I've noticed is scratches in the driver's window from going up and down. There are two scratches now from the bottom to the top of the window as if the window were scraping against something inside the door. It seems I remember someone else having this problem. The scratches are a couple of inches from the rearmost edge of the window on the outside.
  • acl1966acl1966 Member Posts: 24
    Would anyone know the part number for the GM Vehicle Care touch-up paint in Oynx Black for the new triplets(Envoy)? I think they all use the same black. Went to the dealer, they want $7.95 per tube. Checked the GM parts direct, their price is $3.30 per tube. I need the part number,however, to order from parts direct and the dealer refuses to give it to me. Really appreciate your help. acl1966
  • hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    mfullmer is correct.

My countermeasure to the "helicopter noise" when the rear windows are lowered is to lower the front passenger window or the driver side window. This will eliminate the "draft" that occurs inside the vehicle.

I used to drive an Accord. Now, I drive a Chevy Impala. I get the same noise when I lower the rear windows or moonroof.
  • zecgeotzzecgeotz Member Posts: 22
    I also noticed a discrepancy between actual and DIC gas mileage. Actual mileage has been running a consistent .5 mpg less than DIC mileage.

I have been averaging about 15 combined city and hwy. Haven't done any all hwy. trips yet.

Didn't realize you can get average speed with DIC.
    My mileage experience is similar to yours. Hoever my DIC mileage is reading .5 mpg higher than actual.
  • dimaserjdimaserj Member Posts: 2
    Just ordered, for the second time(better half wanted to change the color)pewter fully loaded SLT. Paid 300 over invoice after much research. It also helps to get more than 1 dealer involved for your money. Should see the vehicle by end of Oct. Running boards, 1sf package, 6 disc and BOSE.Reviews seem to be favorable. I will see soon.
  • childs57childs57 Member Posts: 15
    I remember back when you purchased a new GM vehicle they used to send you a touch-up kit containing a tube of paint in the mail...moved a year ago and threw away two or three tubes from traded in vehicles.

Now that acl1966 mentions it, the last vehicle I purchased that I got touch-up paint with was the 1998 Intrigue I just traded in for the Bravada. I used the touch up paint on the Intrigue just before trading it in.

That means I did not get one for the '99 Suburban I just traded in on a 2001 Silverado pickup, nor have I gotten one on the new truck. I guess GM has stopped this practice. Geez, how much can a few tens of millions tubes of touch-up paint cost per year? Humm...$3.30 per tube X millions of vehicles...lots of bucks. Just one more perk lost to the bottom line...

acl1966...I don't know about the parts number for the touch-up paint, but you should be able to find the paint code on a sticker on the inside of the driver's door. Then you can call up another dealer (and keep calling dealers until one actually helps you) and ask for the part number for the paint. Just fake them into thinking you are gonna run right down and buy it from them, then order it from PartsDirect.
  • nspmbnspmb Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying an Envoy or Bravada over a Yukon, if they really get 21 mpg on highway. The salesman tell me there is not that much difference, his demo Envoy get about 16.5 mpg with mostly highway driving. He thinks the Yukon will only be 1 or 2 mpg less. Is anyone out there seeing the 21 mpg stated on the sticker.
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    yes, with the 3:73 gears in my TB, I average 20-21mpg on the highway with speeds of 70-72mph.

It can drop to 16-17mpg if I drive a bit more aggressively and say 75-80mph averages.

in the city with average amounts of 45mph speeds and stoplights, I can get 15-18mpg. Again, it varies with my mood :)

tim

http://www.iwaynet.net/~tlauro

The 20-21 mpg at steady hwy. speed is correct. The salesman is trying to sell you a more expensive, more in stock, larger, heavier, larger V8 engine instead of a 6 and telling you its only 1-2 mpg less. You will find its probably closer to 5 if you look it up.
  • anthonyf2anthonyf2 Member Posts: 2
    FYI for those of you looking at purchasing any new GM vehicle. GM offers $150 towards college savings plans, sign up at upromise.com (free registration). You must be a member for 30 days before taking delivery of your new car. I've been a member for awhile. This is free money and has nothing to do with negotiating your deal. Just enter your car's vin # within in 6 months after delivery and GM will add $150 to your account. We take delivery of our new TB LT (see my post on "what did you pay" for details)on monday. ps...I didn't spend $30K just to get the $150 bucks, it's just a bonus.
  • mgrcmmgrcm Member Posts: 53
    Does anyone have a part number for the GMC cargo liner for the Envoy.I wish to compare the price difference between dealer price and gmpartsdirect.com.

Thanks Rick.
  • sostroublesostrouble Member Posts: 65
    I have the window scratches on the inside of the passenger window. I heard a grinding noise when I put it down. The dealer ordered the window, and said he would see what the problem was when he took it apart. He didn't want to have to take it apart twice. The day after my window came in, the mechanics in St. Louis went on strike. So I still don't have the window fixed. Let me know what caused your scratches.

There are 69 dealers in St. Louis on strike. I called GM Cust. Svc. about a Service Engine Soon light. They told me to take it to Illinois to get it fixed. The dealer they gave me was over 80 miles away. I have have to leave the Envoy for 3 or 4 days to get it in line to check it out. I asked about a loaner while it was there. They told me that I couldn't have a loaner until they found out what the problem was, and then only if it took longer than a day to repair.

Seems a bit unfair that I have to go so far away, then I have to find way of getting home, much less back to pick it up, and what am I suppost to drive while it sits on their lot waiting to see what the problem is, if there is a problem. Could just be a sensor.
  • mikeelmendorfmikeelmendorf Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if it is possible get an Envoy with the Rainsense wipers but without the 4.10 axle? I only want the Rainsense, but the dealer says you can't get that without the 4.10. I know it's possible on the Bravada and Trailblazer, and I'm not sure why they'd group out the options like that on the Envoy.

Thanks.

ME
  • mikeelmendorfmikeelmendorf Member Posts: 19
    Can anyone tell me the option differences between the three triplets? I know Envoy is the only one with the headlamp washers, but what, if anything, is available on the others that you can't get on the Trailblazer?

Thanks.

ME
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's a basic article to start:

Twinned Vehicles

For more fun, you can go to the main edmunds.com page and click on "Compare Similar Vehicles", and find such arcane differences such as 3 vs 6 year rust warranties, max payload differences and the like.

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

• robz3robz3 Member Posts: 28
    Why does GM make the passneger side floor are so cramped? The transmission or drivetrain well pops into the passenger floor and makes you have to put your legs at an angle diiferent than the seat. How frustrating!
    Functionally: The TB does not have cornering lamps but the Envoy does. Also, you can not get the "load leveling" suspension on the TB, which amounts to air bladders for a rear suspension rather than springs. The tires on the Envoy are 17" Michelins, rather than the 16" BFGs on the TB.

The rest of the differences are aesthetics. I think the leather on the triplets is softer on the Envoy and Bravada. The droopy headliner comes standard with any of the triplets that has a sunroof. The Envoy leather is two-tone, but the TB leather isn't two-tone until you move to the LTZ.

I bought a $33,300 2WD TB with leather and it would have cost about $1,000 more to buy a comparable Envoy.
  • robz3robz3 Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone done any mdoifcations or upgrades to their stock system in the TB/Envoy/Bravada? If so, what have you done?
  • jw4gmjw4gm Member Posts: 27
    A few weeks back, I reported that running board #12497885 did NOT fit my Envoy. Since I still wanted running boards, I went to my GMC dealer, copied the VIN of a new Envoy with running boards, took the VIN to the parts counter and asked the parts guy to check the options list for that Envoy and give me the part number of the factory installed running boards. He readily complied and part #12497886 showed up. The list price was $329. I asked him to match the gmpartsdirect.com price of $247 and he did (but did add tax). They came in six days later and fit perfectly. The kit includes mounting bolts and instructions and the boards are OEM. Ironically, the instruction sheet is identical to the one in kit #12497885 (Envoy/Trailblazer) I got from gmpartsdirect.com. Bottom line, 12497885 are TB, while 12497886 are Envoy.
  • rroman8420rroman8420 Member Posts: 23
    Has any one experienced an air leak sound near the lower right (passenger side) windshield. When we drive at a speed above 30 to 40 MPH it starts. Haven't brought it into the dealer yet but will soon. (That's mainly because the dealer is 40 miles away.) There is not any water coming in and we have had tons of rain lately!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    This SUV is so good....

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

• jam1000jam1000 Member Posts: 182
    I went to test drive an Envoy today and, before I got into the vehicle, I was presented with an "Assumption of Liability Form" pursuant to which the dealer -- Fitzgerald Pontiac-Buick-GMC of Rockville, MD -- wanted me, in consideration of being allowed to test drive the vehicle, agree to seven different conditions, including (1) paying the dealer the full retail price of the vehicle if I failed to return it within one hour; (2) releasing the delaer from any claim I might have due to any defects in the vehicle; and (3) permitting the dealer to transfer the plates from my car to the test drive vehicle. Needless to say, I ran, not walked, away from this dealership. I've been driving for almost 30 years and have never heard of such a thing. In fact, I've test driven at other Fitzgerald dealerships and have not had to sign such a statement. Is this a GM or GMC thing?
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Definitely a dealer thing. I have taken cars/trucks out for test drives without even showing my license.
  • vaguyvaguy Member Posts: 7
    I have not experienced that either and I live in northern Virginia. I bought my Envoy at Farrish Pontiac/GMC and had a very pleasant experience. Give them a try!
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    Ok, so that dealer is really an idiot. However, I don't think anyone should take the advice of "netsolstice".

Although the "contract" would not be the paperwork you would need as far as your state's tag/titling agency goes, you would indeed be signing a legal document stating that if you don't bring the car back within 60 minutes you are agreeing to pay full retail price along with the other things.

Please don't ever doubt that any contract, signed by you, is valid. Always assume that if you are willing to sign your name to a document, you are going to be obliged to abide by the terms of the document.

You did the right thing by not signing it. I would take the time to complain to General Motors about the dealer. What they are doing is highly unethical.
  • donbadabondonbadabon Member Posts: 2
    I also bought my Envoy from Farrish. No pressure to buy, no hassle in the test drive, a good experience all around.
  • jam1000jam1000 Member Posts: 182
    I did send an e-mail to GMC about the episode, and was promised a response w/in 48 hours. We'll see what it is.