Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• baltychenbaltychen Member Posts: 50
    After you have reset your Change Engine oil system, did your Change Engine Oil light flashes to signal that the computer has been reset?
  • envoysleenvoysle Member Posts: 20
    vtrip7, you are not alone... I have an Envoy SLE 4x4 with cloth seating. And I have the same problem, driver AND passenger seat squeak when braking and accelerating.

I'm going to tell the dealer about this during my next checkup, witch should be very soon.

I don't have any other problem with it, running great, so far. 4500km on it, checkup at 5000.

I did not get the Bose sound system, and regret it now. the sound of the standard delco is good but the bases are so un-natural. I'm renting the thing, so i can't do big modification on it.... Any suggestions ? Thanks!
  • cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    Has anyone taken the time to switch to synthetic with their triplet and get the oil analysis performed? What kind of extended drain interval pattern did you see? I'm weighing the benefits of switching over to synth for my Bravada, but I'm leaning toward sticking with dino and 3k oil changes. Also if you switched, when did you switch and did it have any effect on oil consumption?

Craig
  • gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    I've read that adding a quart (or maybe two in this case as the engine hold 7 qts) of synthetic
    to the regular oil gives many of the benefits of pure synthetic at reduced cost. I can't imagine using synthetics if I change my oil every 3000 miles. I think I will add a quart of synthetic and change at 5000 miles (or before if the oil life sensor tells me to). I know people who go 10-12000 miles between oil changes with synthetics.
    I can't imagine the filter lasting that long!

GAM
  • iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Hey Gang,

I remember awhile ago, we touched base on purchasing the HID Xenon bulbs for our triplets. Someone on this forum recommended www.carlights.net and stated that this is the "best buy/value" for the money and also the "closest to true HID lights on the market today."

Well, after carefully researching the various brands, I decided to give these bulbs a shot on my 02 Pontiac Grand AM GT1 before purchasing the bulbs for my Envoy. I installed the bulbs today and BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE they make! The stock bulbs are VERY yellow in comparison to these lights. The new lights give off a much more "brilliant" white light without having that cheap blue effect that you notice on the road today. If anyone would like to see before and after pics, please let me know. I will be more than happy to forward you copies of the pics that I have on file.

I am going to test these lights for the next 30 days before buying some for my 02 Envoy. The bulbs cost $39.95 for a pair, so I decided to start with the Grand Am first since there is only one pair of headlight bulbs in the housing unit.

Thanks!

Dennis D.

IExplore2000@aol.com
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    GAM2 WROTE:"I've read that adding a quart (or maybe two in this case as the engine hold 7 qts) of synthetic to the regular oil gives many of the benefits of pure synthetic at reduced cost."

I wouldn't say that just adding a part of the oil as synthetic is going to add the same benefit. I use strictly synthetic oils just due to the fact that I run most of my vehicles pretty hard on the road and at the track for 1/4 mile runs. Again, synthetic will flow better, stay consistant and extend the oil change intervals.

GAM2 WROTE:"I can't imagine using synthetics if I change my oil every 3000 miles.... know people who go 10-12000 miles between oil changes with synthetics.....I can't imagine the filter lasting that long!"

Well, on my GTP since it's at the track quite often and I do have some heavier performance mods done to it, I tend to change the oil between 3-5k miles. But then the oil life monitor will reflect the runs at the track pretty well. Without running the 1/4 mile in the winter, it will tell me about every 7,500 miles. In the summer it will bump me to 3-5k miles between changes. Works well.

My wifes Toyota back in 97 went 12,000 miles between changes and today has over 105,000 miles on it with the new owner doing the same. Her current Alero like the GTP, runs at the track and now has 18k miles on it with 7,500 miles between changes.

My LTZ only has about 7000 miles on it and I did change it at 6,000 with the next at about 12,000 or so.

Just my nickels worth.

tim
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    Since I've received so many emails regarding how to get dealers to resolve the mirror issue, I've since hunkered down and updated my site. Check out http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/problems-page.html for more information.

Also, here are the part numbers that I've also outlined on my web site.

Replace the control modules you have having issues on with:

Special Order 15097470
    Special Order 15097471

These should be the same for all the triplets, but for the record, I have an 02 Trailblazer LTZ.

Email me with any questions. Happy to help.

tim
    1999 GTP @ 13.689
    2000 Alero "GT" @ 15.591
    2002 Trailblazer LTZ @ 15.675
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Olds Still Alive And Kicking With Bravada

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
    Is it just me, or do the rear ends of your vehicles always attract dirt? I have four coats of Zaino on my Bravada and the rear end still attracts dirt right by the step and sill area.

gam2 - I think I'm going to go with a 5/2 split with Mobil/Mobil 1 and stick with 3K changes. Maybe I'll eventually switch to full synth, but for now I'd rather change every 3K.
  • icojonesicojones Member Posts: 61
    Whenever I go over a bump (or pothole) in my TB LTZ, there is a squeak that seems to come from the back passenger side. The best way to describe the sound is that it sounds like sneakers squealing on a basketball court.

Anyone know what that is?
  • dyfinedyfine Member Posts: 11
    To those of you who have been disappointed with the gas mileage on your triplet - there's hope! I tend to drive 65/35 Hwy/City. I am in MN where recently, the temps have been in the 20s. After 3,000 miles of consistent mid 15MPG performance - my last tank netted me a 19.59 MPG performance! It's probably coincidental (I don't know much about mechanics, but I'm guessing it has no impact), but the increased performance occurred right after my first oil/filter change. Those of you who are guzzling gas - give your car time to "break-in" and it may get better...
  • vindog45vindog45 Member Posts: 35
    my 02 tb ltz also shook and made loud vibrating noises , when i opened just one back window, and all others shut tight...i dont think theres much GM can do but tell you not to do it...i doubt theres a fix for that..........i also have weather shields on back windows too..........still no problems with mine...build date 02/02/02
  • paulpropaulpro Member Posts: 56
    I think I had the same thing, some times the squeak sounded like the back seat, some times undr the dash. Turns out it was the HOOD! There are a couple adjustable stand-offs at each front corner. when the hood racks as you go over a bump, there is enough friction to generate a squeak. A little grease and it went away

Hope this helps with yours

Paul P
  • giddens_johngiddens_john Member Posts: 77
    My ISP finally got it's act together, so my sites back up with updated pics, including the rear air deflector and it's install sheet. For those that are not registered the URL is http://users2.ev1.net/~giddens_john/ and all you got to do is click on pics. If anyone encounters errors let me know, and if any one has any questions or advice let me know.
    Let me clarify, adding a quart of synthetic gives some, not all of the benefits of pure synthetic.
    It will not equal the pure synthetic, but will give added performance compared to straight oil.
    This came from a major oil producer. That's why there are semi-synthetics on the market.

As to change intervals, I just can't see going 10-12000 miles on an oil change, synthetic or not. I read these long term tests in magazines where their BMW asks for its' first oil change at 10000+ miles. It seems crazy that someone would spend $40000 on a car and try to skimp on oil changes.

As to synthetics, obviously they must be good. Otherwise GM wouldn't put it in 'Vettes straight from the factory.

GAM2
  • scottc454scottc454 Member Posts: 356
    It's not a case of skimping on oil changes. The oil simply lasts that long. The only places that recommend changing your oil every 3000 miles are places that make money changing oil.

I know a lot of people insist on changing oil every 3000 miles and think that anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy, but keep in mind that oil technology has come a long way. Engines last longer than ever nowadays.

As for synthetics and synthetic blends, the more synthetic you have the better. Basically, regular oil contains a blend of many chemicals, which are comprised of chains of hydrogen and carbon. Some are short chained, thin chemicals, some medium chained, and some longer chained, thicker, more tarlike chemicals. The thicker, long chained chemicals are more prone to breaking into smaller chained chemicals, causing the oil to get thinner over time.

If you took this regular oil and just kept the medium sized chemicals, you'd have something that would have the same viscosity, but wouldn't have the long chained chemicals to break down. This is synthetic oil.

I guess none of this is that important if what they say is true, that most of the engine wear occurs at startup when the oil is in the oil pan instead of on bearings, pistons, valvetrain components, etc. It doesn't matter how good the oil is if it's not where it's supposed to be.

I throw a quart of Slick 50 in every once in a while, but who knows if helps?
  • elt93722elt93722 Member Posts: 7
    You mentioned your TB exhibited air "drumming" when both rear windows down. Did you try driving with just one rear window all the way down? The vibration is hard enough going at about 40 mph that I don't dare go any faster. Post #4290 indicated that even with weather shields, the vibration exists. I'm concerned about going >70 mph on the freeway and one of the rear windows somehow goes all the way down.
  • pepper50pepper50 Member Posts: 195
    Nice photos of your good-looking pewter Bravada. Thanks for the info about part numbers, etc. and the other links.
    And would you please describe the vinyl floor mats you mention. I can't find a picture of them on any of the GM parts sites. Are they the exact size of the carpeted floormats that were standard or are they bigger? And are they heavy duty; i.e. thick? I guess I'm assuming you got them?
    Thanks.
  • edl55347edl55347 Member Posts: 46
    I was just curious after reading post 4273 by johntr how many people have the TB LT and have memory settings for the seats??

Secondly, I have driven many different rental cars from all the major manufacturers and found that all the cars would have a 'drumming' or 'helicopter' sound when both rear windows were down. So this is not unique to the triplets.
  • edl55347edl55347 Member Posts: 46
    I ordered the 'factory' look running boards from gmpartsdirect.com for my TB, part 12497885. It took about 2 weeks to get them. It took me about 45 minutes to install both. There are 12 bolts for each side so it can take a little while to tighten them all down. I also have the mud guards and did NOT have to remove them to install the boards.
    It looks great now!
    I don't have them yet, but I'm ready to order them as soon as gmpartsdirect.com will email me confirming the part number for the cargo area tray. I'll copy the text description from the Bravada accessories catalog about the vinyl floor mats.

These floor mats conform to the interior contours of your vehicle for an excellent fit and a custom look. The grid pattern collects rain, snow, dust, and dirt to protect the floor from damage. A ribbed backing helps hold the mats in place. Front mats feature the Bravada logo.

There is two color choices pewter, and oak. While I haven't seen them myself the description sounds convincing to me.

The reason I haven't put the oak part numbers up is because I haven't confirmed they are correct from gmpartsdirect.com and I would hate to have someone order the wrong part just because I have it on my fledgling fan site. I have a lot more part numbers from the Bravada accessories catalog, so can I ask the forum members for an opinion.

Should I go ahead and put all the part numbers up on my home page even though I can't be certain they are correct?

Thanks in advance for any opinions on putting up all the part numbers.
  • triumphbobktriumphbobk Member Posts: 25
    How difficult was it to install the air deflector? It looks great! Since you installed the deflector, does the rear window and liftgate stay cleaner? I installed one on a '92 Lumina APV and noticed that the liftgate remained cleaner longer.
  • jw4gmjw4gm Member Posts: 27
    The subject seems to have run its course, but there are still many of us with seat mounting brackets exposed. If anyone out there has a part number for the covers, please post. Or if they are available from other sources, please identify. My GMC dealer insists he cannot identify them by number. Thanks.
  • dshepherd3dshepherd3 Member Posts: 194
    Nice Info on site, what is the part #, source and price on the rr air defector. Thanks
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    honda (2)
    enron (2)
    envoy (2)
    acura (3)
    trailblazer (3)
    What does this all mean? I don't know.
  • noller2gnoller2g Member Posts: 60
    Someone said:

"It seems crazy that someone would spend $40000 on a car and try to skimp on oil changes." and then went on to say they would mix 5 qts regular and 2 qts synthetic. I don't comprehend.

Go to Autozone and get a Mobil1 oil filter ($9). Go to Wallmart and get a 5qt container of Blue Cap 5W30 Mobil1 ($18) and two one quart bottles of the same stuff ($9). Total cost is $36. Change your oil, and reset your computer.

Drive car.

When computer tells you, repeat.

If you insist on doing it at 3000 miles, just use a Fram filter and Valvoline All-Climate 5W30. Cost is about $15.

But I would never mix oil. If you have to have a blend, buy a blend. My research indicated most blends are not as good as Valvoline All-Climate Dino oil.

Also, 3000 miles of city driving to work and back less than a mile each way and no other driving will for sure mean your oil is high in unburned gasoline, with reduced viscosity (I know this from a sample I had tested on my Lincoln LS).

Opinions on Oil are like mosquitos. Plentiful and a pain. These are just mine. But I've got more important things to do with my time and money than try to out think the folks that do this for a living.

If you want to learn about oil, here are some links. Some are for motorcycles, but motorcyclists are more tuned to the needs of their motors needs than most non-racing auto enthusiasts. Another opinion.

http://www.yft.org/tex_vfr/tech/oil.htm talks about do bikes need a specific oil, but has usefull info on the differences in synthetics vs blends.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/oiltest1.htm Is a scientifically sound comparison of different oil in use in a test motorcycle, again, a bike is not a car, but a bike is harder on it's oil than a car.

WichitaGreg

To triumphbobk, I didn't install the air deflector myself unfortunately. I purchased it and had it installed by my dealer. The instruction sheet may give some idea as to the intensity of the installation. The reason I had the dealer install it was twofold. At first I just inquired about an air deflector with the accessories department at my dealership and they made a few phone calls and said one was available, and at that time I was assuming it was an aftermarket air deflector and I feared it was one of those generic air deflectors that might look like crud once it was installed, so I told them I wanted to see it before they installed it. Once it arrived and they were ready to install it, I went back to the parts department to see it, I looked at the install sheet and was delighted to see it was a genuine GM part which meant it's mounting hardware would be made specifically for my Bravada so I green lighted the installation. The second reason I had them install it was I knew there would be drilling involved, and if I messed up it would be my problem, and then I would be stuck with a brand new messed up Bravada. So by having the dealer install it, I was sort of getting some insurance that should they not install the deflector correctly it would be their fault and their problem. As to whether the rear window and lift gate stay cleaner, I don't know yet, I've had it for less than a week. I will assume it does based on my experiences with a 1998 Explorer that had a rear air deflector.

To dshepherd3, I'm having difficulty getting the correct part number from my dealer, they gave me one, but it's description on gmpartsdirect.com is Ski or Bike Rack for Receiver Hitch so I'm not sure it's the right one. I'll call a few other local dealers parts departments first before I post it.
    Well it would appear that the part number is correct, and gmpartsdirect.com is incorrect with their description for the part, but it does match the prices I got over the phone from some local dealers part departments which was $119.00 list price so I would check with gmpartsdirect.com before ordering. Also I would suggest calling your local dealership's part department to confirm for yourself, as I would hate for anyone to get the wrong part because of me. Also let me emphasize this is for a 2002 Bravada, so I don't know if it will work on any of the other triplets. The Part number is 12497618. It also can be painted just to let y'all know. Speaking of painting it, I would like to get opinions on whether I should get mine painted pewter to match the truck. My dealership gave me the option for free and I thought it looked good black with the other accessories being black so I turned down the offer. I can still have it painted if I want though, so I'm torn between keeping it black or painting it pewter. Please give me some opinions.
  • kkakkokkakko Member Posts: 9
    Hi All

On Bose systems (with the 6 CD changer), if you use the steering wheel control, you can only change CDs but you cannot advance to the next CD track on the current CD. Does somebody know if there is any software update to allow us to do it?
  • mdeymdey Member Posts: 90
    Replying to post 4266 on resetting oil life sensor: I did not reset the sensor on the first oil change. I decided to wait and let it tell me when it thinks I should change the oil. I am curious to see when that occurs.

I am one of those 3,000-mile club members. I have used Castrol for years and have burned not one drop of oil from cars I've owned new, and put well over 100,000 miles on most.

However, I am considering going to synthetic and a premium filter for one reason: at the rate my wife and I drive these days, I am changing oil every six to eight weeks on two cars. If I can cut in half the number of times I have to crawl under the car, it would be worth it. I like the recommendation in post 4303, but the wife's car doesn't have an oil life sensor.

The only car I wouldn't do this on is my old Explorer that my teenage son now drives. He puts so few miles on it that it usually hits four months before it hits 3,000 miles. I think my old system, that got it to 140k miles, will get it through high school before I let him trade it.

By the way, this may be an old problem, but I always thought it was a bad idea to mix synthetic oil with the natural stuff. I read something about gelling?
  • mdeymdey Member Posts: 90
    I wonder if anyone else has thought about the fact that there may be a correlation between the speed at which the 4.2L IL engine heats up and the dropped cynlinder sleeve issue?

No matter how you dice it and slice it, aluminum expands and contracts at a different rate and in a different amount than iron. Slowing the rate of expansion and contraction is one way to mitigate this problem. Might there be a connection?

I bought my TB with open eyes. I had rented one for several days before I bought mine. The rental agency, upon questioning, told me that the engine had been replaced because of a bad cylinder (no further explanation). The car had 4,500 miles on it when I rented.

The TB is the best SUV for my needs hands down, so I took a risk. I am just happy to have this forum to keep tabs on the experiences of other owners and on how GM is handling problems. To date I have had no problems with my TB LS with 5,100 miles on it.
  • bricklayertxbricklayertx Member Posts: 20
    First glitch popped up today. TB LS, 3 weeks old, 350 miles. Started out in the morning, looked down to see a 'black' instrument panel. All gauges on zero, but everything seeming to work including cruise. Turned off and restarted twice with no change. Went on to first stop and when it was restarted again, all was ok.
    I remember another post about this. Was there ever an analysis/fix on what happened?
    By the way, first tank calculated at !7.6 mpg.

Thanks for the help.
  • baltychenbaltychen Member Posts: 50
    Many thanks. I have a 93 Nissan Sentra and now it has over 262,000 miles on it. It still runs fine. I use Castro GTX 5W-30 and Fram oil filter. I change oil every 5.000 miles. It still the same engine.
  • icojonesicojones Member Posts: 61
    I can't seem to get comfortable in my TB LTZ seat.

After about 15-20 minutes of driving I get a pain in my lower back. No adjustment I seem to make fixes the problem permanently.

Any armchair chiropractors with any suggestions on finding an optimal seat position?

Thanks.
  • kkakkokkakko Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone have an update regarding the problem of chipped paint around the large plastic license plate surround on the TB's liftgate? (message #2163 and others).

I remember I read that GM was going to send a gasket of somekind to fix the problem (prototype).
  • rbaker377rbaker377 Member Posts: 7
    I am also having problems with the drivers seat (Envoy SLE).

I didn't notice a problem during test drives, but after a few days I developed a pain in my hip joint. My doctor says it is a muscular problem and has sent me to physical therapy, but I clearly did not have this problem in my previous vehicle.

The seat feels alot harder to me and does not have the usual recess where your gluteus maximus goes. The lumbar support also feels excesive even when it is adjusted all the way back.

How many others have had similar problems?

Does anyone know of aftermarket seats for the TB/envoy?
    My information came from a Car and Diver article a year or so ago (also the same basic things were said in a Chevy hi-perf magazine). Blends are just that, synthetic mixed with regular. If you can mix your own cheaper do it. If it worries you, stay with the same brand in both cases. I also think that motorcycle oils have far different needs from auto oils. Motorcycles turn rpm's that auto never see. And as far as synthetics go, that same Car and Driver said there was a big difference between synthetics, mainly in the base stock used to formulate the oil. Some were better than others. In the end, it's really what you are comfortable with. There is NO doubt however, that ols are much better than they were 10 years ago. Whatever you do, don't exceed the max interval recommended by the manufacturer (or your computer) because any oil related problems will probably not be covered by your warranty.

GAM2
    The only reason I questioned whether it would fit on the other triplets is I didn't know if the other triplets have the same little lip edge on the top of the rear hatch. If they all share the exact same rear hatch then it will definitely fit on the other triplets. Did you call your local dealership's parts department? The reason I ask is I just wanted to verify my findings, I called three different dealerships to confirm the part number so I'm pretty sure it's correct despite gmpartsdirect.com's description.
    I was prepared to do a mix of synthetic and conventional Mobil products, but BigK (Kmart) had the 6 packs of Mobil1 for $14.94, so I stocked up! I also picked up a half dozen PF59's for $2.99 a piece! They were $5.99 at Pep Boys... What's the deal with KMart outpricing everyone?

John, the rear air deflector and running boards look sweet! Nice Bravada!
  • jam1000jam1000 Member Posts: 182
    I, too, found the driver's seat painfully uncomfortable, so much so that I just traded in my TB (which I liked in all other respects) for a JGC. The problem for me was my left thigh and calf. I think there were two causes of the problem -- the seat cushion IS extremely hard, and the seat itself is at least a couple inches longer than that of the JGC. I think the length of the seat both put pressure against my calf and also somehow repositioned my leg. At all events, within two minutes I was quite uncomfortable and never could find a position I could live with. A seat cushion eased things from painful to chronically uncomfortable, but I still could not see myself having to sit in that seat for the next several years.

There were some posts about 3-5 months ago from other people who found the seats uncomfortable. Also, one of the carpoint reviewers made exactly this comment. So, while I'm sure many of you find your TB/Envoy/Bravada to be very comfortable (and I'm glad that you do), GM ought to be giving serious consideration to redesigning the driver's seat to accommodate more people.

I looked into re-upholstering the seat or getting a new one, but several people said that the cost would be expensive and the results uncertain. In the end, I determined that I wouldn't lose that much more money trading the car than trying to get the seat rebuilt or replaced. Also, before rebuilding or replacing the seat, make sure that doing so doesn't void the warranty.
    The seats in my Bravada are cushy! How can an 8 way power 4 way lumbar seat with dual zone heat and leather be uncomfortable? If you can't find an adjustment to your liking with that many options, than there's just something wrong! I'll admit I sat on one cloth seat in a TB and it did seem a lot harder than the others... maybe that's it? The seat design on the Bravada is a little different than the others, and the perforated leather is definitely softer... It does still have the longer seat bottom, which might annoy some, but to me it's one of the cushiest car seats I've ever sat on! Oh well, enjoy the bounce, I mean ride of your JGC!
    Actually, I had a JGC before the TB, and that one had and my current one has a much smoother ride (to me) than the TB or the Bravada that I test drove before buying the TB. While I've heard many criticisms of the JGC, the quality of the ride has never been one of them. I guess your experience with the JGCs has been different than yours, just as my experience with the triplets has been different than yours. Each to his own.

As for the seats, all I can say is that it doesn't matter how many conceivable adjustments you can make if there's something problematic about the basic design and construction of the seat itself. The complaints about the seats do not seem to be isolated.
  • 2002slt2002slt Member Posts: 228
    I find the seats in my Envoy very comfortable. I did notice a strange difference between the Bravada and the Envoy, though. I couldn't adjust the seat height in the Bravada low enough for my liking. The visor was at the top of my line of sight. My head wasn't touching the headliner, but I just seemed too high. I tried 2, but no difference. I just happened to sit in an Envoy, not expecting any difference, but there was. I never looked at a TB, so I don't know about them.

To jam1000,
    Didn't you test-drive the TB before you bought it? You said within 2 minutes it was quite uncomfortable. That's something you should have noticed... You must have taken quite a bath on the trade-in.
    I test drove it extensively -- 3 times averaging 20 minutes each. Problem did not present itself until about a month after I had the car (perhaps some sort of cumulative effect), at which point I began to notice it quicker and quicker. By the time I got rid of it, I was noticing the problem w/in the first couple of minutes. Had the problem been getting progressively better instead of progressively worse, I would have stuck it out, but ....

I took a little bit of a hit, ameliorated by the $2,500 rebate on the JGC plus the fact that the Jeeps are slightly less expensive (comparably equipped) to begin with.
  • flyersruleflyersrule Member Posts: 47
    I haven't had problem with the seats as much as the positioning of the gas and brake peddles. I am 6'3" and I can never get my foot comfortable. I feel that the peddles are too close to me (they should be further back towards the wall of the foot bed). It is so bad, that I always try to use the cruise. I have tried everything to get comfortable. I even keep a glove up front on top of the cup holder to lean my knee against (very hard plastic).

I have thought about how I am going to deal with this for 3 plus years. I love the car, but I should not have pain in my calf, foot and heel. I actually started getting shooting pains in my calf.

I also think that the floor bed is not totally flat. This makes it even harder to keep my foot in the same position, because it wants to slide down.

I think GM needs to address the whole seat, peddles and front driver area.
  • dkrdenvoydkrdenvoy Member Posts: 6
    I didn't see this posted recently but there are a couple of other forums here about oil changes:

maintenance & repair

"oil changes" and

"Engine oil- a slippery subject"

From all the engineering reviews I have read Slick 50 (and the others) are not worth the price and probably do nothing. The FTC brought suit against them in the late 90's to stop some of their claims. All the info is on this site.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

Tom

• erlongerlong Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone been successful putting 20 in rim on their 2002 Envoy? If so, what tires did you put on the rims.
  • richardcoulsonrichardcoulson Member Posts: 88
    Is it true that the steering wheel controls do not contol skipping of tracks, but instead only skipping of cd's when used with the 6 disk cd changer? I just ordered a LTZ with the 6 disk changer and bose system. My jeep liberty's steering wheel controls work wonderfully with the changer. They are mounted on the back of the steering wheel, which is very convenient.
    Thanks.
  • 2002slt2002slt Member Posts: 228
    It's true. You actually have to touch the radio to change the track. Luckily they put it on the dash. :) But seriously, you won't be dissappointed with the system. It's one of the best sounding stock systems I've heard. Well, not as good as a Mark Levinson that Lexus puts in, but it's not an $11k option either.
  • ralforalfo Member Posts: 36
    I had the front seal replaced on my Envoy yesterday due to the front right squeal problem. Does anyone out there know what is involved in replacing this?

Funny thing is that the alignment on my truck is fine, it doesn't pull or anything but the steering wheel isn't straight, it's turned to the right. I was wondering if parts involving the steering had to be moved to get to the seal?