Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    Well, I'm back from Vacation and thought I'd share with you all one of the most fun parts....running a baha racer in the desert of Cabo San Lucas

http://www.timlauro.com/cabo-2002/1-cabo-main-page.html

Paisan, I'm sure you'd love this stuff! Wish I could try my trailblazer out there.

These are the only digital pics. Scans are yet to come.

tim
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I've been reading this board for a while and the advice here is fantastic. I've located an Envoy XL in a nearby state (Washington; I'm in CA) but as configured it does not have California emissions.

I believe that the vehicle as built does meet CA standards and all that the CA emissions involves is a sticker (and possibly GM paying the State of CA some fees for testing etc).

I called up GM Buypower and they said that the Dealer Business Center should be able to help the dealer on how to purchase the appropriate "upgrade" (I think the code is YM6).

The dealer claims that he has been unable to get accurate information from his DBC on how to do this. Is the dealer BS'ing me or is it a difficult process?

Any one out there have any experience with this?
    I read this board, but if you want to take it offline, please email me directly at anavision@usa.net.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
  • brooks13brooks13 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 2003 Envoy XL will have the option of 2nd row captains chairs?
  • jreiglejreigle Member Posts: 2
    With the heater control set to floor or dash position, I'm also getting air blowing from the defroster vent. Is this normal? My Bravada goes into the shop on Friday to have the new heat duct installed on the drivers side, and I'll have them check the air flow if this isn't normal. Could this be part of the reason I'm not getting much heat to the drivers floor position? Thanks.
    jreigle

could be the sensors in the HVAC, but my guess is that your system needs the latest reprograming and update as mine did back in Jan.

I got nothing but cool to cold air when auto temp set to anything below 87.

now I just hope the AC works okay!

tim
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Can't wait to see the pics! :) Ce sure to check out the offroading from last weekend I did http://isuzu-suvs.com/events lots and lots of water. We had a pathfinder join us this time and an old K5 Blazer. The pathy did well except for one spot where it got dunked, I always love having different trucks join us to see how they all fare. Hopefully I'll get some of the TB/Envoy/Bravada guys out there sometime.

-mike

• edsenvoyedsenvoy Member Posts: 1
    I have red Envoy SLT,3.73 rear, 4000 miles so far, had all the recalls done, and get 20.7 MPG average, according to the DIC.

Thanks to Tim Lauro doing his homework and superb website, I was able to download most the TSB's before getting locked out. Got the tailgate gasket installed and the mirrors replaced(should have the seen the service manager's mouth gape open when I provided the part number and TSB number for the gasket.)
    Once he knew I was armed with the info, he went ahead and upgraded the computer with the latest software and was much more accommodating with my requests. I now have a good relationship with the dealership. The Envoy now feels more responsive and smoother. Cold start acceleration and noisy fan was never a problem. If anything, the I6 feels like it has a tad more snort when it is cold.I can't wait for cold air induction and maybe a less restrictive exhaust.

As a side note, I recently came through a toll booth the same time as a Navigator, and he wanted the same lane I wanted....I got the lane.

Ed
  • cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    Yep, those are the same ones I'm referring to... they are easy to access if you lay down underneath the vehicle, you can reach in from behind the quarterpanel!
  • cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    I have a 08/2001 build date Bravada and have been getting 15.3 mpg of mostly city driving (New Jersey stop and go). Highway I get about 20mpg. I haven't had any reprogramming done, but I've been tempted just to see if it would effect my mileage. Personally, I don't think the mileage is that bad... and since I haven't had any mechanical problems, why jinx it?
  • tpellowtpellow Member Posts: 21
    I'm in about the same position, I have a TB LTZ built 09/2001 and am getting 15.5 mpg for city driving (last tank had avg speed 27.9 mph). I also have not done the reprogramming but am curious if there is an oppurtunity squeeze more but don't want to open Pandora's Box.

I'm supposed to go in next week for the rear gasket upgrade and a new hatch seal and will pick the brain of the Tech who works on my TB. He know's his stuff and is a straight shooter.

Tim
    '02 TB LTZ
  • vplazavplaza Member Posts: 47
    The Envoy was dead on Saturday in the garage. No power, no nothing. I tried to jump start it with my other car with no luck. I could get the Envoy some juice to turn on the dash displays and radio, but couldn't start it. I had to have AAA come to the house and have them jump it with a portable jumper.

Left the vehicle running for quite a while and used it for a little on Saturday. Satuday night, turned off all the lights in the garage and got in to see if anything was left on. Nothing. Then tried to start it on Sunday and it started. On Monday, checked to see if there was still power and there was.

Then, Tuesday morning, the wife needs to go somewhere with the kids, tries to start the car (there was power to the dash, unlike Saturday), but the car won't crank up and start. AAA to the rescue again.

So, we dropped off the Envoy at the dealer yesterday, they kept it overnight to see if it would drain again, and now I'm without a car since she needs my vehicle today.

Needless to say, she is frustrated to the point that she is seriously considering trading the vehicle in or selling it. The car has 15,000 miles in a year of ownership and it's been to the dealer for repair at least six times. I can't say I blame her for being frustrated, but we did decide to buy a first year model, so we should have known these problems were possibilities.

Anyone else out there have their Envoy just die on them in their garage with no apparent reason for the battery to drain?
  • gmdronegmdrone Member Posts: 78
    I seem to recall that this is an intermittent problem, and from my years in assembly, I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to get a battery with the side terminals that the threads are stripped on. It will appear tight when given a cursory look, but if you tug on the positive, (sometimes negative!) lead, the bolthead will allow the wire to move around which of course means you've got a loose connection. Another indicator would be that you try to tighten the attaching bolt into the battery, but it never seems to tighten down. I wouldn't say that this a common problem, but I have seen a few of them in my years. My 2001 Camaro had a similar problem, the nut from the positive feed to the STARTER was missing, how that happened, I can only speculate. I hope that this helps you out, of course by the time you read this, your dealer will already have checked it out for you. I can understand your feeling. Nothing worse than a new truck, that doesn't start. I'd bet you're looking at a loose cable or something like that.

My .02 cents worth

Regards

Mark
  • vplazavplaza Member Posts: 47
    You know, since the vehicle is still fairly new, I didn't want to mess with the battery post. But I know what you are referring to. My 96 Impala SS had an AC Delco battery that suffered from the same problem, but it took a couple of years for it to be apparent. I simply replaced the battery with an Optima and no problems since. A lot of other Impala SS owners had the problem. I guess if the dealer comes back saying that they can't figure it out, I'll press them to check the battery terminals.

BTW, I stopped visiting this forum for a while after GM finally told me that they were going to get a "prototype" gasket to fix the tailgate paint problem. (After a two month wait instead of the 10 days I was promised, they finally got and installed the part.) It's refreshing to see that someone from GM has decided to join in and try to lend a helping hand.

Thanks!
    Vince
  • ccermakccermak Member Posts: 260
    Nobody is replying to the aforementioned post on binding. Any ideas besides this transfer case fluid change? How many people are having this problem? Lady sitting next to me at work is having this issue BIG TIME. Just made appt at different dealer as the last one was worthless and unorganized. Yes I'm flaming KLINE Olds in White Bear Lake, MN. Hope they're reading!!!!
  • bdschmidtbdschmidt Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I looked for the baffles and sure enough there they were. Neither the driver side or the passenger side were sealed to the body in any way, just some clips holding them on. The passenger side definitely was not where it was supposed to be and out of place. There was even some mud on it from the wheel well. My envoy is pretty new, build date 01/02, so it didn't take long for at least one of them to get dislodged.

Brian
  • adunkeradunker Member Posts: 32
    Captains chairs will not be an option on the Envoy XL. The second row is a 60/40 split bench seat.
  • quality1quality1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a TB-LTZ With 3.73 rear end. Build date 01/02 1700 miles. Just found this board Woo what a great site. Had the missing gasket,wandering mirrors,loose baffles on front doors,luggage rack wind noise. Have had some fixes done and working on others (thanks to this board). I thought that gas mileage 12-13 city was was low. Also D.I.C. is average is off .7 But after reading #5537 there is hope. rjsnyder could you tell me what notice #s they did to yours TB. This is a great vehicle and once all the fixes are done it will be great. Thanks to all
  • gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    Well, after 16 days I finally got my Bravada back! GM shipped the part last Thursday regular UPS. Gee, the could have shipped overnight. For those with binding problems, they replaced the encoder motor (p/n 88935687). It did not bind on the way home, but I will definately need more time to tell for sure. This is the first posting I've seen where they actually replaced a part.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

They also installed the infamous tailgate gasket
    (it SHOULD have been there from day 1), update some computer codes, and replaced the accesory drive belt (squeeked).

Unfortunately they didn't have the parts for the fuel line recall so it will be going in again soon. That will give me some time to see if anything else goes wrong.

All and all, a very disappointing start to my new vehicle experience. The dealer was not at fault though. GM could learn something about expediting parts for undrivable vehicles.

As far as the BMW post: be careful what you wish for. The BMW SUV has has 7 or 8 recalls in it's short life!

GAM2
  • jmw4jmw4 Member Posts: 67
    The TB update was in the recent issue of Autoweek. As mentioned, it was less than favorable due to many of the same reliability issues many of us have experienced.
  • robfrompittsburobfrompittsbu Member Posts: 8
    Well, just ten days into ownership of a new TB EXT, build date 03/02; and my wife turns the key and hears a "roar" from the engine, the kids are yelling that the car is "going to blow up", I get a call at work and all I can think about is why was I so stupid to buy GM again? The service rep at the dealer says she never heard of "any Fan Noise" issue. Thankfully, I remembered Tim's TSBs and will bring them with me as soon as I can take it in....Regards/Regrets, Rob
  • vindog45vindog45 Member Posts: 35
    My dealer says baffles between door and quarter panel are normal.........to just hang there?...he said he checked other new vehicles on lot ...same....has anyone had this problem fixed by dealer...or themself?
  • jadavisncjadavisnc Member Posts: 8
    I'm not sure if I jinxed myself by spending too much time on this board or if I was destined to feel everyone elses pain.
    02 Bravada with 3500 low miles (purchased 10/01) pulled the dreaded delayed acceleration trick on us yesterday - no power at all and a roar from something other than the engine. Up to now, I've had most of the minor issues which have been fixed without too much pain by the dealer leaving me feel fairly confident in the vehicle.
    It seems like the 3000 mile barrier is when some of the major problems start to surface with the engine and/or computer controls.
    As with most of you, I'm armed with TSB's and part #'s. Without them, my dealer has been plead the 5th. With them, things get fixed.
  • jimc18jimc18 Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 Trailblazer's Content theft deterrent Alarm does not work as described in the owners manual. The "SECURITY" light is supposed to flash when the key is removed from the ignition and the drivers door is opened,it doesn't. The dealer claims that this is normal and the owners manual is incorrect. The rest of the system works as described in the manual. Does anyone else's work this way. This vehicle has been in 5 times for putting itself into various modes of 4wd and has had an engine replaced due to the cylinder liner issue. I'm wondering if there more electrical problems with the vehicle
  • rjsnyder2krjsnyder2k Member Posts: 10
    quality1, I gave them the list from jljackson #5398 (see below)

# ID Description
    1. 12575262 new software to correct case learn issue
    2. 12575727 new calibration to correct problem
    3. 12575341 new calibration to address delay in transmission downshifting
    4. 09351581 speedometer calibration
    5. 12576361 enhance ev fan calibration for cooling fan noise reduction
    6. 12571574 electronic throttle control calibration

However, after reading the "all or nothing" posts from "gator38" and "medolark" #5538, and looking at the lack of (update detail) on my workorder after the work was completed, I think the specific update #'s are insignificant.

I did however insure their TEC tool was at the appropriate level (thanks to gmdrone) post #5516 were he said: "If you have had the PROM reflashed,make sure that they use GM-VIS TIS 2000 Version 8.5/2001"

The only difference with our two LTZ's is build date. My build date is 06/01 (yes... I ordered early. When I jump in its with both feet :-) )

I am on the 3rd tank now am still at 16.+. Hope this helps.

Bob
    PCM update 12575341
  • jw4gmjw4gm Member Posts: 27
    Several earlier posts complained about missing covers for front seat mounting brackets. I finally got them installed yesterday on my Envoy. The part number on the actual part is 1507333. I checked gmpartsdirect.com and they don't show, but the dealer can order.
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Member Posts: 95
    Just a couple of months from the end of my 300M lease. I love the 300M, but with the lousy residuals DC is applying to new leases, a new lease on a 300M is not an attractive prospect.

I had also been very interested in either the Envoy SLT or the TB LTZ, and wanted to hear from any people currently under lease, what the leasing costs were. Any comments on how satisfied you are to date with your trucks would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
  • pepper50pepper50 Member Posts: 195
    Hi:
    I have an Envoy, but I assume they would be similar, but not sure. Like you, my security light does not automatically blink when I remove the key and open the door, even though the Envoy manual also says it should (as a reminder to activate it). It won't flash until I arm the system by pressing "lock" on the remote with the door openand then shutting it. If I lock the door with the remote with the door already closed, the security light will come on, but not flash. In either case, the security light will go off in a few seconds once armed. So it sounds like yours works in this same way, but maybe some TB owners will confirm. I'm not sure why our manuals says it blinks "as a reminder" when it automatically arms anyway if you use the remote or the driver powerlock.
  • mspdrivermspdriver Member Posts: 5
    I am leasing a 2002 SLT Envoy 4WD. To be honest - the lease rates are not good. The residual (money factor) on mine with a 3 yr 15k mi/yr was like .42 Compared to most cars which should be over .50. There is another board here with Leasing Questions - where I posted the specs (car/mdl/yr/cost/terms) and a moderator/drone helped by posting what I should pay/rates/invoice etc. This was informative. It turned out to be off a bit (he quoted a residual of .44) but none the less - more info. If you want 3 yrs - or so - with the GM Buypower deal ($200 over invoice) You can expect $550-600 a month with $1000 down - 3 yrs 15,000 miles. Have them check and recheck the finance companies - GMAC and others. That is what I paid anyways. (before tax/lic of course).

m
  • crj1crj1 Member Posts: 70
    The residual is 52 for a 36 month lease and 59 for a 24 month lease. You can lease a envoy SLT for under $500 with $1000 down. I work for a GMC dealer in michigan and have never seen a 42 residual on an Envoy. And its 48 on a 3yr. for a Bravada
  • cwhawkcwhawk Member Posts: 38
    Has anyone heard a whine from their vehicle at around 50 mph? Sounds like a rear end or wheel bearing noise.
  • dallasenvoydallasenvoy Member Posts: 8
    I took my Envoy in for TSB fixes and some other minor repairs. I took copies of the TSB's that I downloaded from the GM site when it was up. I wanted to fix the roof rack, the heater baffle, the tailgate gasket, the air compressor hiss, and the transmission reprogram. Also wanted to have them fix my broken tailgate strap (stupid design) and change the oil. I was careful to only pick issues that I felt I had experienced.
    They seemed amenable to fixing everything except for the reprogram on the PCM. They fought me saying there were no dtc error codes stored and so they wouldn't reprogram without error codes. I was however informed that the codes are only stored for 50 key inserts and then lost. I don't think I've had the problem the last few weeks so previous error codes may have been lost. Anyway I tried to suggest that if the software was updated and improved that it seemed logical to upgrade the PCM anyway even without the codes. They did not want to do this. Is my logic flawed? If my computer software has an upgrade I usually install it, why should a car computer be any different. If things have been improved and fixed with newer software, why shouldn't I get the update. I was also hoping that the upgrade would also help my mileage (13-14 average mixed town/highway). By the way, no parts were in so everything had to be ordered and I have to take it back in. They seemed to concede that they might reprogram the PCM with the other repairs.
    My one recourse it that the President of the Dealership is my patient and would probably help me out if I really couldn't get this resolved. I'd rather not bother him however.
  • medolarkmedolark Member Posts: 93
    If you look at the TSB regarding fan noise on Tim's site you will find VIN cutoff values. If your vehicle has a vin lower than the cutoff value your dealer will surely apply athe new programming for you. I had the dealer verify my programming was per the TSB even though my vin was past the cutoff. He had no problem doing that for me - didn't even write up a work order. Seems like you could request verification as I did.
    I finally decided to check the baffles as many folks have mentioned them. Sure enough I have a loose floppy one on the passenger side. I just reached in and pulled it back into position and it seems to stay there at least around town. They are not supposed to just hang there and you can prove it by pulling on the baffle until the lip the fits up against the body (not the fender side) of the vehicle is visible. You should find some adhesive on that edge. I think it is designed to be glued just on the inside edge and the fender side floats. Anyway after I moved it back into position the squeak that has been bugging me off and on for awhile seems to have disappeared. My guess is that the mispositioned baffle was pushing something else around (like maybe the plastic innner fender liner) causing it to rub and creating the squeak.

Right now this is a minor annoyance to me and I'll probably wait until I take the vehicle in to have the license plate gasket installed and ask them to reglue it while it is there. I might even decide to do it myself since I think loosening the inner liner on the fender would provide enough access to get a tube of adhesive in there.
  • dallasenvoydallasenvoy Member Posts: 8
    I should have mentioned that my Envoy falls within the VIN cutoff (08/01). The service manager voiced concern about introducing new problems with the upgrade.
    I agree with crj1...never seen a residual for the triplets below 48%. Keep in mind that 48-52% is realistic. Not sure where the rates are at today, but at least you'll be able to get out of it easily and perhaps make money.

My advice is to never put a dime as a down payment. See the leasing section of my site. If the payments are pushing your budget, you need to buy a less expensive vehicle.

Again, zero cap cost reduction. Just put a Security Deposit...may be waved if you've leased from the lending institution before...make your first payment of course and pay any taxes, etc...perhaps only pay the Aquisition Fee..but that can be rolled into the lease too.

tim
    former dealer
  • envoyenvy1envoyenvy1 Member Posts: 22
    The dealer won't find dtc error codes, since the equipment is operating as programed, out of calibration (follow that logic!) If you look at the reprograming info, it recalibrates (adjust)the settings of several elements. My dealer stated the same thing the first time I took my Envoy in for a fix. After some persistance, and several examples of people having the same problem (from this board) they did the reprograming.

Unfortunately my fix only lasted about a month and then I had several repeats. Of course now that I want to take it in again, the problem has disappeared. Been another 4 days without any fan noise or acceleration problem???

Maybe before you get it reprogramed it would be interesting to find out from the others on the board that have had this done, who has had long term success. Mine is about 5 weeks old, failed again after four weeks, but now seems to be random. Everyone else???
  • envoyenvy1envoyenvy1 Member Posts: 22
    For those who don't have this info. There is a web page where you can input your VIN number and get all of the calibration info. Here's the actual data from the site.

Obtain the latest engine controller calibration information for your vehicle simply by entering the vehicle's 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

Vehicle calibration information includes any 1993 or later model year GM vehicle equipped with a reprogrammable engine controller (PCM or VCM).
  • sweiblingsweibling Member Posts: 5
    I used that site a couple of days ago and when I entered my VIN it listed "new calibration to address complaints of fan noise" under the system calibration section. Is this a fix that eliminates the fan problem, or does it still occur? I have had the fan come on in the garage in the morning twice, but it turned off after driving for a minute and hasn't happened in over a month. It hasn't been taken to the dealer for this. The build date is 1/02.
  • edl55347edl55347 Member Posts: 46
    Envoyenvy1 and Sweibling,
    Can you please post the web-site where you can enter this data??
    Thanks.
  • saknstlsaknstl Member Posts: 4
    We have had our 2002 Bravada since Aug 01 and have considerable quality problems. Some classic examples are listed below:

Blown Powertrain Control Module (PCM) - within the first month we were stranded on the highway when the PCM was fried. We got a Check Engine Soon warning but the folks at On Star said to look into before a week or so. Throttle Control Module and PCM module were replaced and reprogramed. Similar problem a week or so later. Seems there was a voltage surge problem from the Air Compressor from the rear suspension system. An electrical filter was added and this problem seems to be fixed.

Fan Roar on Cold Starts - intemittent problem. Dealer says this is "normal". Our PCM has been re-programmed sevearl times in the last few months so the early TSB that addresses this problem doesn't seem to solve the problem. Since this problem is also tied to high RPM and reduced engine power, this cannot be "normal".

Malfunctioning Memory Mirrors - dealer replaced memory modules first and then the mirrors. Still not fixed. GM says a fix should be available by the end of May (sure hope so, I'm afraid that we'll wear out the mirror adjust switch from overuse).

Rain Sensing Wipers - would come on during sunny days. Dealer intitally said this is normal to "let you know that you are in the rain sensing mode". Later admitted there is a problem and replaced both wiper motors. Still had the problem. Replaced the moisture sensor and the problem seems to be solved.

AWD Transmission Surge - intemittent problem. Most of the time a takeoff from a dead stop is smooth, but sometimes there is a hesitation and sudden surge as if something slipping finally takes hold. Dealer did a "re-calibration" that did not fix the problem.
    There were several other minor problems: L/H door handle fell off, loose sun visor, loose nut on air inflator valve, etc.

Bottom line. Nice design, lousy quality.
  • cf52cf52 Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 Envoy was whining between 45-60 mph, but loudest at 50 mph.

I took it to the dealer last Thursday, and was told they would need it until Friday (waiting on parts).

On Friday, the dealer called, saying the ring and pinion needed to be replaced due to a factory installation problem. However, they didn't have the parts. In fact, there weren't any parts in all of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Apparently, there's a process the dealer can use to notify GM when they have a vehicle down due to parts availability. This initiates a nationwide search for the needed parts.

Monday, the dealer called saying GM would have to "make the parts", and it would probably be next week before they would arrive.

Tuesday at 4:00 pm, the dealer called saying my Envoy was ready! The dealer said he was surprised when the FedEx package showed up Tuesday morning with the needed parts.

The whine is gone. Life is good.
  • jwinkyjwinky Member Posts: 59
    I just wanted to find out from everyone when talking about the roaring engine/fan with delayed acceleration and high RPM's, what you are considering to be high RPM's. I have noticed on cold starts with my one and a half week old Envoy that there is some elevated noise levels coming from the engine area and that RPM's are elevated but not what I would consider high.

I am talking about 1200-1300 versus the normal 700-800 when the engine is warm. Is this what you are considering high, or is the engine really racing? I am not noticing any delayed acceleration.

I wouldn't say that the noise I am experiencing is a 'roar', but the fan is definitely running.

The reason I ask, and I am not trying to downplay the issues folks are experiencing, is all of the cars that I have owned have had an increase in RPM's on cold start-up until the engine reaches operating temperature.

If I am way off-base, let me know, and I will shut my pie-hole.

JAW
  • saknstlsaknstl Member Posts: 4
    The "high RPM" is in the 1200 RPM range.... and the engine doesn't really make much noise at 1200 RPM.

If you ever experience the "Roar" from the coolant fan, you will know it. It sounds as if it is an airplane is ready to take off.

The coolant fan is just another of the many items that are controlled by the PCM. Micro-processor controlled devices are great .... if the programming is correct.

SAKnSTL
  • mytrip2mytrip2 Member Posts: 12
    I heard the same thing on my Envoy last Sunday while driving in some hilly country. I can cut it in and out with the throttle. Figured it was the rear end, but it's not doing it on level road that I can here. Will have to wait till it get's worse before I take it in. It's in the shop now for air suspension leak down. Replaced the compressor last week,still the same air loss.
    When my envoy is cold it doesn't shift from first to second until about 2700 rpm. I have seen it go to about 3500. That only happened once, and it definitely seems too high. After it warms up a bit it will shift at much lower rpm, but not usually as low as 1200-1300 unless I encourage a shift by releasing the accelerator.
  • rbaker377rbaker377 Member Posts: 7
    I am also getting the rear end whine between 50 and 60. I posted this a few weeks ago and there were no other comments. I haven't gotten around to taking it in; but plan to soon. Its good to know at least one dealer agreed to fix it. It only happens during acceleration or deceleration; if you let off the gas gently it goes away.

This is the only significant problem I'm having at 4000 miles.
  • dshepherd3dshepherd3 Member Posts: 194
    Per GMDRONE"S post recently, if the pcm is not "reset/cleared" during the reprogramming, it looks like the default settings will return, of course non of us know if this was done correctly. Unless of course the problems never re-occur.
    The noise at 50, whining, is distinctly a differential noise, but the growl felt in the body of the truck at 58-62 appears to be exhaust resonance or engine harmonics, transmitted thru the engine mounts or of course the exhaust system.
  • bdschmidtbdschmidt Member Posts: 3
    In my experience, when this intermittent problem happens on my envoy there is an huge increase in fan noise and it simply doesn't go anywhere when you push accelerator. I can be at 3000 rpms and barely be going 10-15 mph. I am not experiencing the hesitation either, as I would define hesitation. That is, the vehicle definitely has no power when you give it gas, but it continues to go no where until the problem magically corrects within a minute. In short...you will know if it happens.
  • biggie4852biggie4852 Member Posts: 34
    Envoyenvy1 please post the link for check Vin#.
    THANKS
  • byrd17byrd17 Member Posts: 4
    Could someone please help me. Took my Envoy to the dealer today for a couple of TSB issues. I do not have running boards, but do have front stone guards. Told service advisor about paint on leading edge of rear wheel opening. I believe this problem was previously discussed, but I can't find it. I suggested re-painting area and a protective covering (Rhino Guard?). They told me good idea, however I would have to pay for it. Told me that this type of stone chipping is normal and GM would NEVER pay for it. This is my families'9th car from this dealership. Called GM cust. serv. and got a number. Awaiting their reply. Has anyone else gotten GM to pay for this type of repair? If so please advise, I need the ammo to blast my dealer with. Thanks!