Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Anyone need a stock air filter or stock plugs, just let me know via email at mike@ritchiefamily.com. Each have about 2,000 miles on them. The plugs looked like they have some miles on them, but the air filter is like new. I also have a smoker's package (unused), but I think I'll try to sell that on e-bay.

-M
    Well, I finally went out to carsdirect.com and priced out a 2002 M equivalent to Big Red. The carsdirect price is still about $800 over what I paid for my car. I guess the packages/options are a bit different (e.g. the stereo), and they're not offering the types of incentives that I was able to get in addition to my killer negotiations. heh. I was worried that an equivalent '02 would be a grand cheaper than what I paid. It looks like it prices out "full loaded" about the same.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    Not in stock, but they are $118.99 for charcoal 300M (set of four mats) -- less than JCW. I'll order one soon, unless someone wants to attempt a group discount/purchase.
  • silverbeesilverbee Member Posts: 22
    My installer took the muffler and resonator off leaving only the intermediate pipe and the collector muffler.Welded the two pipes around the gas tank for the duals and put on monza tips for less than 250$.If you are young it sounded great,but I do a lot of highway driving and the droning noise got to me ( plus I'm older) He then added a turbo muffler after the collector muffler and It is a little louder than stock
    and sounds ok.I thought the price was fairly reasonable and didn't cost any more with the extra muffler or work after the initial install
    Later
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Don't jump ship! Keep the M!

lol

:-D
    Hey it IS an M...just a M3! lol. You have to admit though...it's nice. :)
  • wencaowencao Member Posts: 52
    I found there are lots of them on ebay.
    Anybody bought this sub ? How is it ? Do you think it worth the money?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

LOL..........it might be an M3, but it's missing the 00! ;-)) Besides, it wouldn't look as good as BigRed in front of your house!

fastdriver
  • valhsvalhs Member Posts: 63
    Easy, had the same problem with my 2000 LHS. Took it in two weeks ago to repair. The entire assembly must be replaced. Apparently the internal gears were grinding. It truly is a hideous sound and especially embarrassing in crowded parking lots.

Also had to have the seals around the headlights redone as the adhesive had failed. Flickering lights fixed by repairing a wire in the dash that was apparently shorting out and a new headlight button for the dash.

I am now at 38K and praying I don't have to use my extended warranty.
    I love it
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    of the lights and such. It turns out that a small 10 amp fuse controls the brake lights, A/C console, Traction control lights and ABS warning light. Poped in a new fuse and everything is back to normal. Thanks for the tsb on the seat movement I will take it in just before the warranty ends to have a record of it.
    that I plan on installing in the rear door (the part where the window ends) it pops out and the speaker should fit. They should match the front flag ones. I just have to be carful when someone is sitting in the rear seats not to blow their ears off.
    it still has too much of a red tint on the pricture so I will drill out a 1/2" hole and put in a clear piece of plastic to get a clearer picture. My delema is wheather to paint the lens green to match the car or install two side lights so that the light will still light up on eather side of the camera.
  • uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    End of story (to date)-I'd been looking for a new car for the last several weeks and had test drove the Accura, Maxima, Infinite, Pontiac Grand Prix and Camrey. My wife came home last night to find me with a 50 ft. extension cord and her hair dryer, removing the Chrylser emblems from my 300M. Just shook her head and went inside.

Start of story- At the start of my search for a new car I didn't even consider Chryser as I'd seen the butt ugly Intrepids etc. and didn't give even think to visit them. I got the financing in place and had actually had a check made out to to our local Accura dealer to consumate the deal the next day. Man was I excited. Went into my local watering hole that afternoon (I'm on holidays.I'm allowed) and yapped of to anyone who would listen about my imependig new car. The guy sitting next to me happened to be a Chrsyler salesman from our local dealer who said I should check out a 2001 300M that they had in their show room that was the dealers owners demo car with 3500 miles on it. It had been down to Florida last winter and had not seen the snow,road salt etc. we have up here in Ontario. So the next morning on the way to hand over my check for the Accura I figured I'd drop in to be nice and and say," Oh that's nice but I'm on my way to buy my Accra"
    The 300M was in the showroom, my jaw dropped when I saw it and I'm sure I started dooling all over it. It had the luxury pacakge, Mopar spoiler, Bra on the front (Where else) rain defectors ( which may or may not stay on) 17" aluminium wheels with full sized spare. Tore up my check to the Accura dealer and wrote another one to the Chrstsler dealer. I am in love. Car has allready been named "Beast"
    P.S. Inferno red
    Welcome to the Club! Speaking of which, it is a good place to visit at www.300mclub.org It has lots of good sights to visit and a wealth of information about the car. Plus many of us owners have links to our websites there. Some of us have made tons of changes to it (Avalanche, Hermdog, Myself,(300Michael), and many others. Others love the car just the way it is.
    Many of the places do not require you to join. Also we get together at the Wednesday night Chat session which is at 10 PM eastern time (there is a link to it from the above club site) where we talk about the cars and other things. If you decide to join us two warnings. One it takes a while to load, and two start your chat name with a Letter, not a number. You can check out the club and see if it is for you while you are at it.
    What part of the country are you in. I hope you are in AZ.
    Again Welcome to the group.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    I used a vynil repair kit from

http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/chrysler_color_chart.htm

on my 1999 300M's Camel interior.

It can be used as if it was paint.

• easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    yeah---thats a good description of the sound--hideous--makes me jump everytime the doors lock automatically at 20mph---and I do see people in parking lots give the car a quesionable look when I hit the lock button---it does have one advantage---I am sure the door is locking when I am several feet away from the car and hit the lock button on the keyfob--I usually hit it two or three times to be sure it is locked---the tailights flash also helps to indicate locking of course, but now I dont even have to look at the car to know its locked---I can hear it--

Guess its just another one of those minor annoyances of the M---just hope I get all these little glitches solved before the warranty is up-

Lolita goes in for service at end of this month--I'll let you know if my 2* solves Lolita's recent ailments.
    Easyrider300M---
    do you find anything wrong with the Weathertech brand mats I provided a link for. They are cheaper and are heavy rubber and holds all the debris, salt or snow you can track into the car. And they are less than $80 for complete set custom sized for the M? I plan on ordering a set soon if a package deal is not arranged.
    That sounds similar to my path to the M (looked at Acura TLs, ES300, Avalon, etc), and appropriately enough, we ended up with about the same result...a loaded '01 Inferno Red M that I've named "Big Red". Now that you've got the Chrysler lettering off (good move, by the way) it's time for some nice tint, dual exhaust, a Basslink, and a custom clock face made by our very own Scotian (scott). Oh yeah, don't forget to polish him/her up real well with Zaino car polish (http://www.zainobros.com). Here is a picture for you. You'll probably think it's "Beast's" twin:

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/noletters.jpg

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/DSCF0067.JPG

This is Inferno Red with a Zaino shine on the hood:

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/DSCF0472.JPG

Finally, here is my custom clock face. Scotian should be real proud of these. He has a gallery of dozens of them and makes them for free.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1620463&a=12827118&p=47926895&Sequence=0&res=high

congrats on your new acquisition--but why are you naming your car "beast"---I think "Beauty" would be more appropriate--and if its black you could name it "Black Beauty"---many on this board have named their cars after Women---my M is named Lolita---she's young, she's fast, she's beautiful and very sexy--and she can blow the doors off many comparably priced cars---

You should join "This Thing of Ours" formally called the Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Clubs--lots of benefits and great logo apparel and eventually logo mats and other neat stuff---and a great bunch of fellow M'ers to share M experiences and even live M--meets.

Dont forget to get that "Beauty" Zainoed as soon as possible to give it the mirrorlike finish.

Easyrider300M
  • lancerubinlancerubin Member Posts: 12
    Is the Spatial 2 amplifier intergrated into the head unit, or is it seperate. If seperate, where would I find the amp located? Thanks
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Mike, from the ad. Up to 25 more HP,More torque at any RPM, Quicker acelleration, Faster throttle response, Re-calibrated fuel and spark maps, Improved transmission shifting. I don't know if this all applies to the 300M because the ad also lists Dakota, Durango, Ram, Jeep, PT Crusier, Viper, Cirrus, Stratus, and Sebring. The "up to" part of course, means 0.01 to 25 HP.
    There is too much spillage over the side and rear edges of every flat mat, no matter how thick or rubbery it is. What I want is a slop bucket shaped to the very sides of my floor. This is not appealing:

http://www.off-road.com/isuzu/gifs/inside_armor/weathertech-inuse.jpg

But this is:

http://www.niftyproducts.com/mediactr/imagelib/ap_ca1.jpg
    http://www.niftyproducts.com/mediactr/imagelib/pr_ca1.jpg

I hate road salt with a passion, and road salt will seep and accumulate into a hard crust everywhere water will take it, and it is particularly hard to remove it from the corners of the carpet.

Actually, I might want both sets of mats, and trim the rubber one...

Posted in the Concorde discussion:

http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html

thats mats look good but dont know how good they would be against salt affecting the mats themselves---salt can destroy those mats in one season---and I picture catching the edge of the high lip as enter the car---do they make those in rubber as well?--I still am considering the weathertech--it covers most of the carpet area and is very heavy guage rubber---the price is less as well--in the summer, the factory mats are fine, but club logo mats would be even nicer--
  • drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    from drpixel (Glenn in REAL life..), Vice President of the Chrysler 300m Enthusiasts Club! While the proud and happy owner of eMily (MY 300M..bright Sliver 2000...), I have to admit that Inferno Red is a real head turner. Lots of luck with your "Beast", and my wife ALSO shakes her head when I'm outside washing, etc. eMily. I agree with 300Michael..visit our Club website and take a look around there. You'll find a plethora (<--50¢ word!) of information and links to all things 300m-related. The dues are resonable-$14.95 a year and for that you get

* a certificate of Membership custom-printed on simulated parchment paper with your name.

* a laminated membership card with your name and 300m info

* a sheet of 'wipercards' -- small 'businesscard-size' cards that you can place under the wiperblades of unsuspecting 300m's you may run across.

* Welcome letter from our President

* last but not least a static cling decal for a window of your 300m

Lst last, but not least is a link http://www.autosportcatalog.com/

to a guy who sent me an email asking if we could put a link on our Club website. I told him to -at the least- email Roger about the request as this is not a decision to made by just one person. Since there's been a lot of discussion about floor mats, here's a link to the site about floormats:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/product_detail.cfm?product_id=584

For the record, I have no financial interest in this website, nor is the owner a long-lost distant relative. The prices seem reasonable--as floor mats go, but it MAY not be what scotian & others are looking for.

Regards from the doctor,

drpixel

Thanks for the welcome guys. As stated in my first post I only got my 300M "Beast" a couple of days ago and have started to go through the posts here from the start. Lots of good information. I've seen sdmike's Big Red evolve from the stock unit as bought to the beauty it is now. I do believe that Big Red and Beast are twins. Mine was built in October 00. How about yours Mike?
    I've found a dealer here in Ontario that sells the Zaino products but as the daytime temperatures
    are now only around 40 degrees I'm afraid that it will have to wait until the spring unless I can find a heated garage to use. Hmmmm! I only live about 30 miles from the Brampton Chrysler plant where it was built. Perhaps Otto could convince the powers to be that as a good customer relations project they could provide a heated area with washing facilities(and a stocked bar) where we guys in the cold north could Zaino our cars in the winter. Failing that I'm afraid that poor Beast will have to sit out in the snow ( Snow for you guys on the west coast and down south is that white stuff that looks like the cotton batting you take out of the asprin bottle, only it's colder)
    As for modifications, I've listened to sdmike's sound file re: his duals and me want. Looking for a shop now that has done one on the 300M in this area. I don't want to be the first they tried in case thy screw it up. Failing that I may UPS Beast down to Ed Hansons to get it done there:)
    I found the diagram of the muffler installation you posted and have a couple of questions.
    1) Is the Magnlow collector shown the unit that is on the stock car or part of the new dual installation. If it's new why couldn't the original collector be re-used?
    2) I looked underneath my car and see that there is a bumper support that looks like it is exactly where the second set of tips would have to come through . Was this removed, relocated or do the tips just come out to the right hand side of it
    3) Have you had any problems with the dealer reagrding warrentee with the duals installed.

Last night I went outside to just look at Beast about every half hour or so. My wife asked me what I was doing so I told her. She just shook her head.They just don't understand do they.
  • forresthforresth Member Posts: 34
    Doc, I tried to use that link for my 2001 M (floormats)and it told me they weren't available. It would be nice if he actually sold them before he tried to get you to plug his company.
    Forrest
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    uxca300m-

Congratulations on your "beast"! I had a 99 Candy Apple Red 300M! Love the color. You can Zaino in 40 degrees! I do it all the time in the WINTER here in Connecticut. We aren't as lucky as some here who have pleasant weather ALL YEAR round! ;-)) Just Z it in the sun. No problem. Hope to see some pics soon!

fastdriver
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    Welcome to the Inferno Red 300 club. I have the same colour here in Calgary, mine was built in April this year, with all the bells and whistles, also sandstone interior. Take a look at some of the pictures that folks have posted in regards to adding the real wood trim to the console and other areas. I got mine from Joshua Tree and am quite happy with it. Be aware of the imitation stuff, you have a beautiful car and don't want to cheapen it with some of the fake stuff.I do not name my cars but if I did "Garage Door Victim" comes to mind. LOL. Also I read here bout folks wanting winter mats for their cars. I have purchased from Canadiantire.com, Pant Saver Mats for both front and back and in the beige or sandstone colour for about $25.00 Cdn. and they are great and I strongly recommend them. The way the Cdn dollar is going, you people in the US should be able to get them for about $15.00 plus shipping. These mats come in several different colours, and in the spring I take them out and use the original mats, these mats work really great for you people living in the snow belts.
    They list mats for the 2000...
    I've asked Nifty what the EXTREME VINYL MATS are that they spoke of. If they are identical to their Catch-All in shape but made of vinyl, that's exactly what I want.

I doubt the extra height will be troublesone, especially considering the protection my carpeting will get. Even if they get coated with road salt, it's still better than any of my carpeting having the same happen -- just remove and spend time cleaning, instead of screwing around in the car. I'm thinking of getting both the Nifty and Weathertech -- but hoping that the EXTREME VINYL MATS are as described above.
    The magnaflow collector is a replacment that we installed to reduce air restriction in the system. I'm not really sure how much of an airflow improvment it is over stock (didn't really test it), but I'm sure the stock collector was built for sound absorbtion, which usually means air restriction. As for your second question, if it's the support I *think* you're talking about, the exhaust goes under it. The support on that side is higher than the new cutout for the passenger side tips. Finally, I haven't done any kind of warranty work to the car, so I don't know what their reaction would be to the exhaust (other than..."coooOOoool"..which I got when I had them replace my plugs). My guess is that it would only void the exhaust warranty, but I'm not sure.

I love your idea of a special heated facility to sit around and drink while we zaino our cars. I have one here...it's called "my driveway". lol! One of the perks of San Diego I guess. :)
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    Candy Apple Red Metallic rules!!!
  • tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    Well gang here's todays events!

My wife takes our 300M to work today. Half the time she take our '96 and the other half she drives the M. Me, I drive one of our company's trucks.

My wife walks through the door of our house tonight while I am screwing around with the software that came with the CD-RW I just installed Monday night. She looks beautiful and has this big smile on face. She kisses me and tells me that she has "something to tell me and would I please promise not to get mad!" Man, I am not the Taliban! If I get mad I get mad and it's my problem from there! I thought she was going to tell me that she got another door ding. But no, her ASSistant(my wife is the boss) backed into the front passenger side of our M!

The DAMages! Good size dent on the passenger side fender were the metal meets the front fascia by the head lights. This pushed in the front fascia so that the driver side head lights has a twice the gap that it use to. Broken lower turn signal. Looks like $2500 in DAMages.

Her company insurance will be picking up the tap but I wish it never happened!

Now comes MY pain and suffering!
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Well good to hear your in a nice M and not that other brand.Also glad to see more 300 Canadian owners finding this site. As for the heated area , would be nice EH!. But would never happen, you guys would sneak out on the plant floor and try and get those new HID lights and replace your old ones. ;-0 . Hopefully next summer we will be getting together at the plant for a tour of the M birthplace, and some good Canadian beverage.
  • 300msadowner300msadowner Member Posts: 11
    Hey All remember me

I just wanted to say that my lawsuit is set for 11/30/01 wish me luck
    Open the trunk and look on the right side behind the pading. Just behind the wheel well, and you will find it.
    I'm now thinking of always on, flashing strobe lights on all corners of my M.
    gotem, and the credit on the 5. On their way ASAP.
    from Ebay, (some of you saw the one I had at the meet) This one is even better (resolution and wider angle) I do have to use a small mirror to reverse the image on my indash screen. I also moved my 6 DVD changer to a different location to make access (sister wanted her Star Wars DVD's back) to it easer. On the headlamps it looks like the projector lamps are too big to both fit in the one 300M's lens area. But may still try to install the turn signals into the headlamp area between the hi and low lamps (simuslar the the Hemi C).
    Sorry to hear about you car. I was glad to see it though before the damage was done to it.
  • nmifr300mnmifr300m Member Posts: 28
    Gee that makes for stressed relationships. I hope that the repairs will such that you can't tell it has happened. I know what you mean about the pain and suffering. The hassel of running around, making arrangments, and then the waiting is so frustrating. Also glad I got to see you and the car before the accident.
  • nmifr300mnmifr300m Member Posts: 28
    I really like your tips and the information on your web page. I called Ed's shop to ask him what tips he used. The information was relayed to me by someone else and the web site did not work. He would make a complete set for $200 plus shipping, but that is more than I can afford. So I was wondering if he new what tips he used. The shop I have found has Y's and said they'd put the tips on free.
    I can feel your pain--but in trying times like these you have to ask yourself which is more important---your car or your wife---I mean, you know, your car is your WHEELS man--your wife, well she can be replaced--but your M--ouch---

but in all honesty, just find the best body shop around and I'm sure the car will come out just fine---I've had my share of accidents, and as long as I used a reputable bodyshop, the repairs were better than expected--when I looked for a bargain, I got what I paid for---dont settle for less than the best--

a month from now the pain will be forgotten as you settle back into your bit of heaven--make sure you get yourself a nice rental car of equivalent value--maybe a nice Eldorado will help soothe the nerves--just send the bill to your wife's company---after all, they should do anything to keep the boss happy ;-)
    Ed called them "Lexus" tips, but I've never seen them on a lexus nor could I find where to get them. He's pretty tight lipped about where he gets them. However, he DID tell me that he'll sell the tips alone for $15 each plus shipping. That's $60 for all 4 if you have someone that will provide the Y pipes and the welding. I agree that $100 a set is a bit, but they are staggered to the curve of the bumper and are done very well. Also, if you buy borla or other high end tips you'll pay more than that for the set. Anyway, give Ed a call and see if he'll still sell you the tips. Remind him that he told Mike Ritchie that he would. lol

Oh, by the way, Ed uses the same tips on his custom PT Cruiser...which is the exact same color as Big Red. :) If you DO find a web site that he uses for those let me know! I haven't been able to get it out of him. lol

Good luck!
    I showed that last post to my wife. She now forbids me from socializing with you guys. lol!
    the weathertech are very heavy ---like 13 pound of rubber----rubber is much better than vinyl--it will lay flat always and will last for many years---just hose it off once in while---lot easier to shampooing salt off the carpet-type mats--I had a similar set in my Mark VIII and trust me it was perfect. That pic you posted is just a competitor looking to sell you another brand--in the winter, I am just more careful not to put my feet anywhere but on the thick rubber mat--weathertech is proven brand with many happy customers who swear by them---unless the club comes up with a rubber logoed mat, I am probably going to buy custom-M-sized weather tech mats. My carpets are agate and the black mats should look fine for the winter. In the spring, I am hoping the club comes up with a logoed mat with the 300M shield sans "Chrysler." Simple logo is better considering it would have a high pile carpet. Those high edged mats you posted just dont look as classy--they do the job, but I like the look of the weathertech.

Easyrider300M