Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    300msadowner-

GOOD LUCK!!

tucsongil-

Sorry to hear about the dent! It hurts no matter what kind of car gets it, but having an M makes it even worse. Glad no one was hurt.

beach15-

WHAT'S HAPPENING???

To all-

To all you donut experts out there, while we still don't have any Krispy Creme shops here, I have noticed a new donut shop coming- DANDY DONUT?? Anyone even hear of them? Like Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Creme?

fastdriver
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    There was a dandy donut around me a while ago that is now closed ;) Same kind of store...
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    To sum up the answer to your question, NOT MUCH AT ALL!! We still have no car, are not being called by anyone, and when we call someone, they can't help much. I don't know why it is, but everyone we know and have heard of having an accident, all they have to do is call their insurance, give the claim number and everything is taken care of, simple as that. Well, not with us!

The major thing holding all this crap up, is the fact that the complete moron who caused it all and almost had us killed (if our 300M's spilling gas would have ignited) has claimed a medical condition. Supposedly, he blacked out at the wheel and never slowed for the light but miraculously, though not even wearing a seat belt, he bumped his head and was up and talking--hmm, I DON'T THINK SO! So in the past 3+ weeks, they just now got the hospital report on the idiot from the day of the accident, and what a shock, guess what, IT WAS "INCONCLUSIVE". Now, they have to go back and search through all his past medical records to check for a pre-existing condition. Mind you, we had to find all of this out on our own by calling his policy holder State Farm and beating the information out of the claims adjuster. So, we can't even get a rental car because State Farm has dragged this out for almost a month, and won't pay for one unless he was at fault for reasons other than a new condition--BULL!

In the meantime though, we have no reliable vehicle and our making payments on a car in pieces in a shop somewhere 45 minutes away. Further complicating things is the fact that I'm diabetic and have to go monthly or more for appointments at a children's hospital 2+ hours north in Wilmington. Matter of fact, I was just there yesterday, us having to drive up in my dad's 1969 Chevelle Malibu, not a particularly good friend of highway travel and speed.

As for the 300M, we try to call the shop once a week and see what's going on. So far, we have been told that "the parts are slowly trickling in" and that "they have 2-3 they have to finish that are just as bad as ours first". So, we're looking at sometime in December probably for getting it back. Additionally, this is my mother's car and even if they fix it to perfection, which we don't expect to happen, she says that she DOES NOT feel safe being on the road again in the car. We're further screwed because we almost for sure have to lease the next car, something we've never done before and something my dad gets adamant about not doing. But, even when we're on the road now, mom's a basket case in the passenger's seat, always grabbing onto the door or dash and yelling, so she'll do what she wants when it comes to her car.

Oh, I must not forget an incident we had yesterday coming home. We were in the right lane and an older man was in blue Lumina slightly behind us in the left lane. An impatient jerk of a 18-wheeler driver was blowing his horn at this guy already going 65+ mph. In a few seconds, the guy went past us and then right behind him, the truck came barreling down on his rear end, and then flew past him half on the left burn and half in the grass! My dad sped up so we could get hsi license number and then my mom called 911 and reported it. Both we and the truck came to a toll and the police came flying up but didn't see him and kept on going. It's things like this that really make you very angry (I'd like to say something else, but my post would get taken off).

This all makes me extremely P.O.'ed and seems as though we're being pushed to need a lawyer. So far, my parent's don't want one yet, fearing that if things don't work out afterwards, we won't be able to pay them. But more and more, when things like today happen, my mother waking up and barely being able to move at all in severe pain after starting to finally feel better 3 weeks later, I'm starting to think it's lawyer time. Maybe they will too soon.

Thanks everyone, I'll check back in when I can.
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    to what happened to me 3 years ago. My van was in the shop for 6 months waiting to be fixed (parts and such) finally called the atterney general to start lighting some fires under them.
    none of us will be posting here. LOL
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    Haven't seen phases on the site for a while. Did he ship out? Are you OK, or have you been grounded!!! LOL.
  • dubbeddubbed Member Posts: 33
    sorry to here about the baby. im glad we got to see it before this happened. i should be getting mine fixed soon too. i got anther crack in my windsheild yesterday too, it sucked. i was pissed too. i should be getting fixed, so im happy about that. as long as it gets done before my car show dec. 16th.

tom
    (dubson300m)
    beach15-

When it rains, it pours! Sorry to hear that things are no better now than they were the last time you posted! I still say that there has to be SOMEONE in your state government who can and SHOULD try to help you out! How about your governor, state representatives, senators etc. I'd be e-mailing/calling everyone that I could think of.

Someone here should have some advice for you considering that we have people from all walks of life here. Come on guys, beach15 needs some solid advice here. Can't anyone help?

Keep us informed. If I find anything on the net that I think will help, I'll e-mail you. Hang in there!

fastdriver
  • lancerubinlancerubin Member Posts: 12
    Has anyone here upgraded the amplifier in their 300M. My wifes' Jeep has plenty of low end, so I don't see the need for different speakers, but I wonder if the Amp is intergrated in the head unit or seperate (then where?).
  • riker2riker2 Member Posts: 36
    Hey guys. Thanks for all of the input over the past months. I first saw the 300M in Automobile Magazine in 1998 when they did a major preview. I was on the beach, and I fought to keep the sand and lotion off the pages! I finally drove home in a 2002 today. Inferno red, Luxury group, et al. I got a great deal. under 30K, with 0% for 36 months. Tomorrow I'm a Sunday driver....ALL DAY!
  • uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    Sorry to hear about Beach15's problems. Seems to me that one of the insurance companies should be paying for all expenses right now. Here in Ontario we have what is called,"no fault insurance" so if you have an accident you get the car fixed and the insurance companies duke it out later.
    Congratulations to Riker 2 on his purchase of the Inferno Red 2002. Had my Inferno red (Beast) out to-day for an
    80 mile tour and couldn't believe the number of heads it turned. And without the Chrsyler emblems on it (sorry Otto)
    I'm sure a bunch of them were left wondering what the heck make it was.
    As for the dual exhaust I wanted to put on,I read my warranty manual and it states that any modification to the exhaust system negates the warranty. Sigh !!!!!. Guess I'll have to drive it dual-less.
    any modifications to the exhaust voids the warranty, that is true on the exhaust only not the rest of the vehicle. As long as you use parts designed for that purpose the can not void the vehicles warranty, except the exhaust parts you take off are no longer warrantied (duh). If you change the Air filter to, say, a K&N type it doesn't void the cars warranty. The dealership still warranties my car (and you should see the changes I have done) so changing yours should be no problem at all. Now the exception is if the shop installs it incorrectly that causes damage, then Chrysler will not fix it. But the shop is them lible for any damages caused by their workmanship.
    Does you state have an Insurance Commissioner (usually state level)? if so try contacting him. Most places have ombutsman, so call the local TV stations (like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX) they should be able to help you as well and having them explain it to the cameras should get the ball rolling.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    riker2 - Congrats! Looks like Big Red has another "younger sister". Oh, and mikeyjohn (I think it was you that asked), Big Red was made in February '01.

lancerubin - The upgraded stereo system on the M (11 speaker Infinity) has an amp in the trunk, on the passenger side behind the trunk liner. The stock system uses the head unit for all it's power. What problem are you trying to solve?
    Thanks for Amp input. 1st thing I want to fix on the head unit is that I am getting lousy reception with the radio. 2nd has to do with stereo seperation and EQ control. Any of us who are coming from another car will be aware of differences, and there is a major difference between my Bonnies' BOSE system and the 11 speaker system in the 300M. What has me confused is that my Wifes' Jeep has a great sounding system, very much the match for what i had in the Bonneville. Thus, 1st I suspect this head unit which is the same as in the Jeep is just not as good. Second, the different body types might mean that I need to put a EQ inline in order to tune the speakers in the 300M. But, in order to do this, the output coming from the head unit has to be line level or the EQ will not work.

As far as the reception goes, I wonder if the Jeeps fixed atenna is the difference over the 300Ms' rear window placement.

By the Way...the additional two speakers in the upgraded system, where are they placed?
    That's nasty! Have a great holiday too. :)
    I would suggest going to your dealer and seeing if you have the same trouble with another M on the lot with the same system. If the one on the lot sounds better, point it out to the technician so they know you're not nuts. If they sound the same, then maybe it's a combination of the system and your location. I personally don't have any troubles with mine. I *DO* get a little worse reception than with the aftermarket Alpine in my wife's van, but I think it's because she has a fixed antenna (like your Jeep). Overall I'm very please with my 11 speaker Infinity system, especially since I put the Basslink in to handle the lows.

As for the question about speakers, I really have no idea where the extras are. The 11 speaker system has one in the center of the dash, two by the roof pillars, two in the front doors (5 so far in the front). In the back there are two in the rear deck, two in the doors, and two...uh...I don't know for sure where the other two are. LOL. Maybe someone can chime in. :)
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    fastdriver - take a ride to NYC, 23rd street and 8th avenue. There is a Krispy Kreme shop there.

sdmike - I think two speakers there have two dishes each. This is how you can count 11.
    ruski-

Thanks, but I'll stick to Dunkin Donuts. Once I get past Greenwich on I-95, I have NO clue where I'm going unless it's to FL! LOL..........

fastdriver

PS Is your YAHOO e-mail address still active? Tried to send you something, but it bounced back.
  • on1wheelon1wheel Member Posts: 68
    i have the stock stereo with 9 speakers,so i dont have an amp,right?
    all my power is from head unit only which is about 40 watts.is this right?
    Another beautiful day in paradise. Here is a picture of Big Red freshly zainoed in front of the house.

Now here is a question for you guys. I've noticed that three of my four window pillars (the shiney black pillars between the front and rear side windows) are getting discolored. Well, not really discolored, but kind of a mottled look. Here is a picture of my drivers side where you can see the one pillar that isn't discolored and one that is. Any suggestions on what this is and how to fix it? Regular cleaners don't seem to help. Maybe an abrasive car polish? Thoughts anyone?

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/DSCF1483.JPG>

Thanks in advance!

sdmike2-

Do you Zaino that area too? I always did. See, that's why YOU need the garage! ;-))

fastdriver

PS I did the Z thing too today! Only about 50 here! Tried 2 coats of ZFX and Z6. I should have taken a pic too! ;-)) Tomorrow.
    I've zainoed those pillars from day one. When I got the car one of them was slightly discolored. Now three of them are terrible. I think I'll pay my 5* a visit if someone here doesn't have any idea how to get them back to shiney. :)

Yes, I agree. I need the garage. Big Red is sitting in front of the house covered in dew. I'm sure in the morning she'll be all dirty again....*sigh*
  • dubbeddubbed Member Posts: 33
    i was driving around today looking for houses in the ladies vw. i was going west on baseline. i saw a low 300m, so i tried to catch him, he was flying. we got up to a light so i culd see what it was. it looked like a 99 dark slate 300m, tinted windows, lowered, fast, with 20" neeper fly's, i think. if anyone knows who this is please let me know. i would like to meet up with this person and talk and take some pictures with my car too. let me know!!!!!!!!

tom
    (DUBSON300M@yahoo.com)
    (PHTRDE1@aol.com)

thanks
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    There is a product called Forever Black --its cures sun fading and dicoloring on platic trim---I think some here (maybe Av)have used it on the mirror housings when they got wax on it--dont know if would work on the area you describe--I forget if that area is plastic or painted metal---here is the link: http://properautocare.com/fb-1k.html
    This does not make sense to me. What the center front speaker does is play havoc with the stereo seperation. While the reflection off the windshield sounds much better than the encased tweeters up front, covering the middle speaker and boosting the treble up a little for compensation provides a much improved (to my ears) stereo enviorment. I suspect the addition of a fixed attena may have my system matching the Jeeps, which is quite impressive.
    In most cases I would agree with you, but those that have 5.1 channel sound find it helpful.
    Thanks for the link. It looks like that stuff is a dye for bumpers and other trim, and I think it might dye the pillars a flat black. Good site though. There appears to be a bunch of plastic and paint products that might help. I might also go to a local high-end detailer and see if they have any ideas.
    Anyone have the email address for sal at zainobros? Since I swear by their stuff, maybe sal knows how to get rid of this crap. :)
    sdmike2-

Sal's e-mail is sal@zainobros.com

That's very strange that that happened. I hope you can get this resolved. Everything else looking good!!

fastdriver
  • alsplace73alsplace73 Member Posts: 3
    The Am radio's performance on the 01 is very poor, probably because of a very directional antenna in the rear window. Also, the system probably suffers from background noise. If you really want to get sick, try this: Set your radio below 600 khz and be sure it is not on a station. Increase the volume control until you can hear the background noise. Now, raise and lower your left window and you will hear a noise that is usually suited for Banshees on Halloween. Also, any electrical change such as using your directional indicator, headlights, or even the break pedal will be heard in the speakers. I went to a dealer and we tried it on other 01's and produced a similar condition. I hope someone at Chrysler is listening. No need for this kind of stuff as it is easily designed out.
  • 300m_vt300m_vt Member Posts: 32
    Mike,

Try a product called ' Back to Black ' . I'm not sure of the manufacturer, I think it's McGuires. Keeps the ' dull ' shine of the flat black paint.

VT
  • tictac3tictac3 Member Posts: 78
    Replaced the Badyears after 21K miles. Still had lots of tread left but hated the road noise and the eagerness for the car to drift to the right. New Contis are much more quiet and track straight as an arrow. $460 investment. Question: Has anyone out there replaced the Badyears with another brand and if so, did you get any compensation from Badyear?
  • cbwonguscbwongus Member Posts: 40
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    I asked if Nifty EXTREME VINYL MATS are identical to Catch-All in shape but made of vinyl; they answered:

"YES THAT IS EXACTLY RIGHT"

I've replied with questions about thickness, price, etc.
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    reminds me of python :D
    "ABOUT 1/4 OF INCH THICK

LIST PRICE IS $142.00

OWENS CLASSIC PHONE IS 616-556-2000

WEBSITE IS MATS4LESS.COM"

http://store.yahoo.com/floormats4less/nifprodcatxt216.html

$109.95. I think the example pic is generic. The only thing missing is the ribbed water collection system.

• melthomasonmelthomason Member Posts: 14
    Does the 300M have an underhood light ??
  • tictac3tictac3 Member Posts: 78
    Can't believe our beloved 300M did not make "Edmunds' 10 Best" entry Level Luxo cars!
  • jj300mjj300m Member Posts: 24
    The base Infinity system does have an external amplifier, mounted in the front passenger kick panel / glove compartment area.
    KVR is ignoring my email -- around how much is a set of two (front) cross-drilled rotors?
  • 99_300m_ric_va99_300m_ric_va Member Posts: 377
    Scott,

This is what I got back in reply from KVR:

Robert, if your car has 282mm front disc'c the front rotors are $104.00
    each, front carbon fiber pads $64.00 per axle set, rear rotors $75.00 each,
    rear pads $66.00 per axle set. If your car has 297mm front disc's the rotors
    are $128.00 each, rear rotors $113.00 each, front and rear pads are the same
    price. You can contact me at 800-636-0854 to place your order. Thank you for
    your interest in KVR braking products,

Gary
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    yeah my Yahoo is still alive. for a while it was full over the limit. Should be OK now.

Hey, driving into NYC used to be super easy - just follow the Merritt to Hutch, then Hutch to Cross-County west, the Cross County west to Saw Mill Parkway south which turns into Henry Hudson south, which turns into West Side highway.
    What does this mean? Each wheel has its own axle...
    I assume I only need new pads and my rotors turned. For those of you who have cross-drilled rotors: Were they really worth the hundreds of dollars?
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    melthomason, No the 300M and all the LHS cars do not have a underhood light. Check 300michael's site he added one.
  • brents300brents300 Member Posts: 2
    Hello.I've been watching you guys for a while and trying to catch up on old messages. This is my first post hope it goes ok. I would like to add side markers to my M but the pigs aren't very long. Are the cars already wired for this or will I need to buy wires to do this?
  • lflowerslflowers Member Posts: 155
    an "axle set" refers to either both front wheels or both rear wheels. I think the terminology dates back to when cars actually had one front and one rear axle.

Lynn Flowers (oldF1fan)