Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• achanceachance Member Posts: 106
  • achanceachance Member Posts: 106
    Any of you cold and icy country 300M owners have any experience with these tires? I'm getting tired of slipping and sliding on my badyears, and Tire Rack seems to offer the best deal on these.
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    So how the heck was the drive home? (You DID drive it home right? You DIDN'T have it trailered, right? LOL!)

I checked with my dealer yesterday, all he knew was that it had been shipped, but didn't know where it was or when it might arrive.

And as luck would have it the weather people are predicting the possibility of a significant snow here this weekend. Of course our weather people are so bored this winter that even the POSSIBILITY of a snowstorm gets them all excited. It could miss us completely, I can only hope.

I KNEW it, it's been dry all winter so far and just when the car gets here it snows. Now I'll have to buy snow tires before I dare drive it on the roads. The Pilots don't cut it on snow and ice, even warns about in the brochure so it must be significant. Just as well though, I don't want to subject the wheels to road crud anyway.
  • arby500arby500 Member Posts: 68
    I'm taking pics of the Special on Saturday. The pics will be up by monday morning (ya gotta love digital cameras). You all don't want to see her at night anyway. My wife and I took her for a 20 mile ride last night. First impressions? The suspension is really firm and the steering is really tight. The car goes pretty fast too. The radio/cass/CD sounds great. The road noise is noticable on older roads but since the tires are so wide you would expect that. It's too soon to quess at mileage. I know I took her for a "spin" prior to buying her. The salesman looked at the Avg. mpg of my spin and it said 9.9. Hey, I wanted to check her out good. :^)

One more thing about the tires. They are definately NOT snow tires. On the back of the Owners Manual a note is glued that Chrysler recommends you not drive on them in the snow. Rain is fine. Not Snow...

First downside... One of the key remotes didn't work and the wife has to go back this morning to see why. Let "all" my problems be so petty.

Otto, you and your "crew" did good. Real good. Thanks buddy!
  • sel714sel714 Member Posts: 35
    Arby does you window sticker have 18 city 26 hwy
    or lower mileage numbers?
    Thanks sel714
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Please do not post photos of your new Special, lest an outbreak of "New Car Fever" occurs for the rest of us poor folks driving older 300Ms. I mentioned the new Special to the wife, and she said I had too much $ tied-up in my 99 to start over. Guess I must wait for the Hemi C,Crossfire, or Caddy XLR, [formerly the IMAJ or EVOQ].

Also saw an article on the Detroit News website that said they are on the final run [50 more] for the Prowlers. The last few will be Candy Apple Red. Can't believe in 5 years they only made 11K units [14 a day]. Except at the Woodward Dream Cruise I have seen a total of one in the five years that they have been making them [at the dealer's and with a $2K mark-up on the sticker], and never ever saw one on the road. Strange marketing stategy, but hey, it is DC, which has done nothing to push the new 300M Special. When I was at the dealer a few weeks ago, the salesmen didn't even know there was a Special coming out.
  • lflowerslflowers Member Posts: 155
    Do you LIKE that Caddy EVOQ thing? To me, that's the uglist car I've ever seen (with the exception of the Pontiac Aztec).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (or just Happy Holidays) to everyone.
    I don't post a whole lot (I don't like to talk unless I have something to say), but I'm always lurking and learning lots of stuff that pertains to my 300M. I've had my M for about 14 months now and have put about 30K miles on it. I still love the car and, at this point, I intend to keep it for a long time (especially if the 300N looks anything like the show car pictures I've seen posted!)
    Lynn Flowers
    McKinney, Texas
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    I have used Michelin Arctic Alpin ('99 300M) and Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice ('01 300M) winter tires, both with complete satisfaction.
    These are rated as "performance" tires, which are best for a good handling car like the 300M.
    Some Blizzaks have a reputation for being "squirmy" on the 300M, leading to sloppy steering response, and sometimes unpleasant ride motion.
    I suggest discussing this issue with the knowledgeable folks at Tire Rack before purchase.
  • drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    an ex-Unionite, huh?.....I think you said you're in South Jersey now, right?...
    To all my friends-'old' AND new, associates, 300m nuts, officers of the club and everyone:
    From my family--me, Linda, Christine, Lisa and Angel the wonder cat-- I'd like to wish you all a very happy holiday season. Given the events of September, I consider myself lucky to be alive. The effects of that day will haunt me for the rest of my life, but I am truly greatful for all that I DO have.
    Reading this forum is sometimes like watching a soap opera....beach15's car crash, sdmike2 being 'outsourced'--Roger too... In a bizarre sort of way, we are like a family, far flung across this great land of ours. Though we may be separated by distance, we are ALL truly connected in our love for our 300m's and in our camraderie as club members in "this thing of ours" (one small step for man..one giant leap for 300m owners...".
    sleepy: your package is in the mail-along with a bunch of others...Roger: the 'special delivery' membership packages going to alternate addresses went out on the 18th, and should arrive in time for gifting. Thanks also for the way kewl pen and tasteful cedar box with emblem..it will reside in a place of honor in my cubicle!
    I will be off beginning tomorrow through to the New Year. May your holidays--whatever you celebrate--be filled with peace, love and hope for the Holiday and the New Year....
    drpixel/Glenn and the gang...
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,724
    I am a long time resident of this forum, but find myself reading more an posting less. My '99 Platinum Beauty continues to serve me well, 31,000+ miles. Two window motors, one tranny speed sensor are the only issues to date.

FWIW, I live in the Boston area and have used the OEM Goodyears year round and have had no problems in snow (The TC did allow me to get out of my semi-steep driveway one snowy morning when my wife's Saab couldn't). I'm not the skiier I used to be, so I can't give incredible stories of trips to Maine and Vermont through x feet of snow...(although I do have such stories from my long ago youth!).

Happy Holidays to all! Be safe, be kind and be generous. Enjoy your friends, families and Ms!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    Glad to hear you finally got your 300M back. Hope you get to keep it. While I can agree that the big Buick you had as a rental was quieter, I gotta question the "better brakes" assessment. In its size class, the 300M is generally known as having outstanding braking. Any chance the brakes weren't left in proper working order after the repair?

Jon
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    I installed the basslink in my Acura. WOW!!! I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting the bass to be so full, & loud. I'm very happy. In this car, I get about the same volume as I did with the 2 12's in the M. Thanks for the recomendations.
    Good to hear your back in action.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Its a love it or hate it thing with the new Caddy designs. I hate the look of the one that is coming out in Jan to replace the Catera and the Vizon sucks too, but I saw the write-up on the EVOQ/IMAJ a year or two ago and thought that one was pretty sharp. Of course, I would have to buy one "used" after a year or two cause there is no way I could swing $70K even over the 84 months my credit union allows. Hell, I'd be 70 by the time it was paid off. I've got a feeling it will end up like the Allante. Too rich even for the Cadillac crowd, but according to my wife's Caddy dealer, they are already stacking up orders for it, with the specs not even available yet. I felt the same way about the Crossfire. At first I didn't like the back end [looked like an old Jag XKE] and the split windshield is horrible, but its is growing on me [275 hp is enticing] and I'd like to see one in person, maybe at the Dream Cruise to finally decide if it is good or bad. They had the Atlantic there last year but you could not get too close to it, and the Hemi C [which I didn't see somehow] so maybe it will be there for the ogling. On the Aztek you are correct tho, that is one ugly spud, no way to sugar coat that puppy. I just hope I am around when the Hemi C comes out. Have a great holiday season.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    what do you think of the auto tranny in in the CL-S?

My TL-S is pretty smooth in most situation (unlike 300M that used to search for gears and select wrong gears in traffic)

But this Acura tranny is kind of funny too - sometimes I would be cruising along at 50mph, lightly pressing the gas pedal. All of a sudden the tranny decides to do something that causes the whole car to buck. Or when I need to get up and go, when I floor the gas pedal, it feels like the car is actually slowing down for a split second before it starts accelerating strongly.
  • hmk123hmk123 Member Posts: 122
    I wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays.

Arby, congratulations on your Special. I can't wait to read a full report. Especially about the difference in the transmission.

Hemi C - I saw one at the San Francisco Auto Show this November. What a beautiful car. Strange was though that the 300M they had there was just a base. Didn't even have chrome wheels or luxury group. I don't know why they didn't have a Special there. They did however show a Dodge SuperHEMI 8 - cool car. A killer car to me at the show was the Porsche 911 Bi-Turbo. Wow!

300N - I actually like the early drawings and am really looking forward to it. Especially to the rear wheel drive and hopefully a HEMI V8. I hope I can afford it :-)
  • tysalphatysalpha Member Posts: 51
    I agree the new "Cadillac Look" does seem to be love/hate. I personally like both the XLR roadster and the CTS sedan - especially the front end.. I think the look is very futuristic on both cars. The back end of the CTS with it's large black plastic section isn't so good. Only dark colors for that car.

The XLR is awesome all around -- very fierce! Can't wait to see the production model. Plus can you imagine pulling up at a light next to a corvette/trans am/supra/SL/whatever and totally smoking them--In a Cadillac! Of course I'm 28 so unfortunately it'll be out of my price range for a long time.

Chrysler Crossfire -- I agree the styling is a little off. But don't you think the production model will be a little more normal (no divided windshield, etc)? To me that just looked like show car gimmik-stuff.

As for the 300 Convertible -- I'm guessing that they will make it. Chrysler's famous for great convertibles, and the thing is awesome. But it will follow the 300-N by a year or two. This allows the new RWD sedan to have some time in the spotlight first -- once it starts cooling off, bring out the convertible.

It's definitely the best post-merger design from Chrysler so far -- a perfect blend of Chrysler's bold style and curves with Mercedes restraint. Plus the dash -- with its zillion center console buttons - is so Mercedes.

I just hope they can keep selling cars in the meantime so they can afford to make it!

TysAlpha.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    I am pretty sure that 300N Convertible was designed (and displayed at auto shows) before the Daimler takeover.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    I'm really not lying about the brakes. I don't mean that the 300M has bad braking, because it doesn't, but the Buick's are actually better as in stronger(or at least to us they are). That was the first thing my mother noticed when we picked the LeSabre up, that the brakes actually seemed "touchy" until after a few minutes of driving. I've noticed this too, I sometimes park the car and the 300M's had to be pushed rather hard, the Buick's just had to be tapped slowly and lightly and you were stopped. Even for being such a boat-sized car, those brakes still really haul you down even from highway speeds. Simply, they just feel stronger and "better" if that's what you want to call it.

Mother compared it like this:
    "You have to push the brakes in the 300M really far to the floor to slow or stop. In the LeSabre, you pushed the brakes a lot easier and were in the dash."
    I drove through the dealers lot again today. There was a freshly delivered Intrepid there so I checked it out to see if I could find any dates.

The shipping papers were laying on the dash and showed a date of 12-12-01, the day before the Special shipped. I'm hoping it will show tomorrow.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    We've now had the car back for over a day and still can't tell that it was ever wrecked. The damage was absolutely horrible, I mean really bad to the point that you would think it was totalled. But to all of our suprise, the shop used the 2 months carefully and really knew what they were doing. I guess their sign out front, "Collision Speicalists" really is true. Well, only more time cant tell.

Both inside and out on the right rear corner, nothing is apparent to have ever been touched. Well, except if you look underneath and see all the spotless new sheetmetal and components. No rattles, no squeaks, no creaks, or at least nothing new. I wish I knew how to get rid of that stupid, annoying, and constant rattle behind the gauge cluster. It's been there for a year and no one (the 5*'s) can seem to get rid of it.

This car is still noisy, no more than it was before. You do notice one difference though. The car has 15,700 miles on it and the Goodyear's have always been crappy. Before, I thought that there was some mushiness to the suspension, but not so. I don't know how much air they put in the crapyears but it seems a lot sharper around the curves and more controlled. There is however, a little more "thwack" over things in the road and the ride feels stiffer, but only slightly.

As for what work was done, it goes like this. The van pushed into the back parcel shelf on the driver's side, causing some floor/frame damage under the trunk, blowing out the window, crinkling in about 2" on the back edge of the door, and crunching part of the c-pillar. Basically, everything from the seat back was replaced, all the sheetmetal from the roof down o the left side, the trunklid, the lights, the bumper, and the entire rear floor "pan". The exhaust was also replaced and ends with the 2001-02 chromed muffler tips.

In addition, they were working through last week and found out about more damage done to the front. When we got creamed, we bumped the back bumper of a little S-10 in front of us, causing only a visible scratch across the bumper. However, when the looked inside and behind there under the hood, they found out that the grill was cracked and the backs of both headlights had been broken when they pushed back. Those were both replaced in addition to a new front bumper.

I can tell you one thing, all those parts are expensive. For instance, the man at the shop told us that from Chrysler, the back window was over $1100. The insurance didn't like this and told them that the had to go with who they said, Safelite. Not much of a difference, it was then over $950. Each headlight was $340, the trunklid $557, the exhaust system $1190, the grill $217, and the back left door panel $542! It was expensive!!

Okay, will we be keeping it? I'm not going to comment. One minute she says that she WILL NOT drive a wrecked car, that she wants something bigger, and then that she wants a LeSabre. I really do not know. And until there is something new in the driveway, I'm not going to bring it up again!

Happy M'ing!!

P.S., Arby- Congratulations on the Special! I wish I could get a look and ride of one of those in person. They sure seem nice!
    I think the thing with the brakes is also a matter of personal taste. I personally like it when the brakes don't react too strong on the slightest touch. My girl friend used to have an old Volvo and when you stepped onto the breaks the thing almost stood still immediately (looks like a tank, drives like one :-)). So I am happy about the fact that I have to press the M's breaks a bit before they catapult me through the windshield :-)
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I recieved my $50 coupon to go test drive a Chrysler. I am waiting for them to get a Special so I can compare it to my modded out 99. Welcome to dream land, I just love getting paid to test drive these cars.
    The 300HemiC convertable was designed and in the process of being built before Damler took them over.
    My Alpine Stereo sounds really great. I like the idea of searching by titles and songs better then CD's and tracts. The only problem is finding room for all the wiring. Having two 7" screens, DVD changer, Digital Audio Processor, and the Navigation system, and all the other items I have wired up over the years the areas are quickly being filled. My dad jokes saying that if I ever get "T" boned, the wiring alone will stop the other vehicle from penetrating the Passenger Compartment. Plus the wireless remote can be installed on the steering wheel and is small enough not to interfere with the airbag.
    You are going to love your Special. I don't know what kind of car you are used to driving. It's like a cross between a Camaro and a Lexus. Weird. It feels low to the ground and wide with the standard wrap around like windshield. The off the line power is impressive.

Someone asked what the window sticker mileage was. It's 18 City and 26 Highway.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Fuzzy - isn't that little basslink amazing? For an inexpensive self-contained unit you really can't beat it IMO. It costs less than most amps by themselves.

Brakes - At low speeds the Buick will throw you through the windshield if you give the brakes any push beyond "resting your foot" pressure. I hated it. The Maxima was the same way. I personally believe that what makes a good set of brakes is the ability to bring the car to the shortest most controlled stop possible. I think the hyperbraking cars are dangerous. After driving the Buick, especially for any period of time, the M brakes will feel very long. In fact, the car not only brakes well, but behaves under braking very well. Out of all the cars I've driven (dozens of models through renting) the M has the most civilized brakes I've used. A nice combination of grab and give.

Being paid to test drive - I know EXACTLY how you feel! I got $100 to not only SEE but EVALUATE what we think are the '04 300N and special (with the Hemi 8). I think I would have PAID $50 to have been there. :))

Misc - We spent tonight assembling nearly 50 gingerbread trains that will be decorated by my son's pre-school class mates (his class and two others) tomorrow. Each train is made of over 40 pieces of gingerbread made from scratch by my wife, held together with icing. Each train takes us about 10-15 minutes to assemble, the kids an hour to decorate, and another hour to eat! lol. I don't know how it happened, but this has turned into a tradition for my wife. I, of course, end up helping (usually by keeping the kids out of her hair), and shelling out about $500 for all of the ingredients for this fiasco. :) What makes it all worthwhile is when we see the looks on the kid's faces when they decorate their trains, and when little kids remember the "train decorating" event from years past. What's my point?? Do something special this holiday season. You'll get back more than you ever put into it. :)

Have a wonderful holiday season everyone.

Mike
    Arby,

I've been driving an Intrepid ES for the last several years so the M won't be a major change for me. I'll be curious to see how "firm" the suspension actually is by comparison.

Be warned Arby, my wife got spoiled on the heated seats and memory on our JGC and is looking forward to having that on the new car. So from now on those will be required options on all new vehicles, LOL! ;)

One poster here made comment about the struts on his Concorde and how they have loosened up. I'd have to say the same has happened on the Intrepid as well. The struts still pass the bounce test but the low speed damping isn't what it used to be. I notice small stuff on the road more than I used to. I've seen comments other places where people have replaced their struts with Monroe Sensitracs or similar struts and gotten a marked improvement in the ride.
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    What a wonderful project!
    Kudos to you and your wife for a very special holiday tradition.
    I hope it serves as an inspitation for many others.
    The tranny seems smooth. I only have 650 miles on it. I am driving to NYC in a few hours, so I will put some miles on. My tranny in the M never hunted for gears. It shifted fine. I never really had a issue with that.
    Congrats on the special. I really need to see pics. I want to test drive one, if could find a dealer who had one. When I'm on the Turnpike heading north after the delaware bridge Saturday afternoon I'll be on the lookout :)
    Actually, just to clarify, the 300 Convertible was a post-Daimler concept. It debuted at the 2000 Detroit auto show (the merger was late 98, I believe). A quote from Edmunds' review:

"This is the first Chrysler we've seen with strong Mercedes-Benz influences, right down to the gated shifter and COMAND-like design of its central dash. If the 300 HEMI C is any indication of what the new DaimlerChrysler is capable of, we'll take it!"

Also, if you look at the air controls two circular button arrays separated by a small lcd screen, and the gated shifter -- it's lifted straight out of a mercedes (cept for the beige color).

Picture:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/edweb/news/detroit00/photos/large/HAMMI_int.jpg

Article:

http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/42918/page001.html

Heh heh.. this one's amusing -- just browsing thru some of Edmunds' past auto show coverages and ran across this about the Crossfire:

"Why should you care?

Honestly, you shouldn't. Chrysler is hemorrhaging; money, job and factory cuts are imminent; and there isn't an icicle's chance in Tucson that the Crossfire will be produced. We already know the company can make a competent sports car (witness the 2003 Viper), and nothing about the Crossfire, except for the EVIC, is groundbreaking. So move on to something else, pal."

So.. I guess Edmunds' isn't always right. :)

TysAlpha.

http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/45676/page032.html

Kosh, you will feel the bumps in the road with the suspension in the Special. The ride is definately firm. Performance style firm. The tires on the car are Z rated for a reason. But except for tire noise on some crummy roads there is not much interior noise. No squeaks or other funny noises. I love the stereo in the car so for me to turn it down and listen takes lots and lots of restraint :^) But I did.

My wife is very happy with it. It is very "classy" looking for her to like (that was important for her), while being fun for me to drive (this was VERY important for me). It's really "her" car (or so she thinks...). Finding that combo led me thru some different car dealers than I wouldn't have walked thru in the past. I like it as much as the BMW 330 convertible (a GREAT driving car but smaller than my 250# frame felt comfortable in) and it is more fun to drive than the Mercedes E320 (the E320 felt like I was sitting on wood Football Stadium seats. Otherwise, a beautiful car). And the 300M costs MUCH less to own and MUCH less to service than both. My only worry is long term quality issues compared to the other 2 cars above. Resale? Who cares about resale. I wouldn't have my beloved 94' Ford Explorer if that was an issue. Oh, tell your wife the heated seats are great. Kosh, "You" will definately love this car!!!

You 300M owners are a small group but you've had this great car before me. I tried to talk my wife into one back in 1999. And drpixel, I'll be joining the Club soon.

Fuzzwuzzy. Finding a "Special" at a dealer at this point may take some hard searching... I think Chrysler is shipping them in drips and drabs to see if the public interest is up. Even though they told next to nobody (even their own dealers) that they were building these Specials in the first place. Chrysler has slowed production on them because my 5* Dealer's second one hasn't been built yet (he was told "soon"...) and he was told the other 2 he ordered have been postponed indefinately... 8500 units? I don't think so.

But, the other 300M's in my Dealer's lot were all non-PHG Luxury Group cars. I think Chyrsler loves making those cars. The Special, in my opinion, is a PHG 300M on minor steroids. Would I buy one if I already owned a PHG? Hard decision. The differences are nice though. You'll see in the pictures.

I can't wait for Kosh's impression of the car... That will help you guys and gals with a second opinion.

Again, for Otto, you did good. Real good.
    Thanks. We get a lot of satisfaction from it. :) Here are a couple of pictures just so you can see what I'm talking about. The first is the "drying area" in my den where the assembled trains harden. This is about 1/2 of the trains. The second picture is in the classroom this morning when the kids decorated the trains. The grinning one is my youngest son. :) Now that it's home he's already started devouring it! lol. What a mess!

Trains

Decorating

Have a great holiday!
    Where have you seen drawings?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    What a nice tradition! And your son is very cute. :-)

To all -

I want to say happy holidays to everyone here. My own thoughts about this occasion are that it is a time of year to express our caring about those dear to us, and to rejoice in the pleasure that brings us. Whatever we choose to celebrate at this time, I hope we all find warmth, caring and joy in our relationships - all of which are precious in their own way.

Happy holidays to everyone! And may the new year be kind to all.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Hey Arby ,glad you like your new set of wheels. We are building around 120 Specials a day. Actually one in every 16 cars is a Special. Kosh ,any word yet??? Man it takes longer to ship than to build one .Take care
    Happy holidays to you and yours as well. You've been pretty quiet recently...I guess we've been good! lol
    She's here, came in this morning. In fact I knew it was here before the dealer because I passed the transporter carrying it on my way to work. I only caught a quick glimps as I was heading the other way but you couldn't miss it - especially those wheels!

When I drove into the dealer this evening there it was!

Man you two, it IS a thing of beauty. I sat in it for quite a while just checking things out. That interior is sweet with the carbon fiber trim. The pictures in the brochure and on the web site DO NOT do the interior justice at all.

Then came the best part, firing her up. Man what a sweet sound from those pipes and a nice little bark when you rev it and let off the gas.

Wooooo HOOOOOO!

I get the bring her home tomorrow morning around noon - what a Christmas present.

Damn Otto you sure do deliver beautiful "children" at that factory. :)
    PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!! Darned you two! lol
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    You saw it on the truck going to work and you kept on going! I would have done a quick 180 and followed that baby. Hey glad it finally made it. Now both you guys look after my special girls.Tell them Dr Otto says HI. Take care guys.
    I wish I could have swung around and followed it but I was on the freeway and there was no place TO turn around. :b I work in another town 15 miles from home and it's rural interstate.
    A nice, no hassle daily commute and will be good exercise for her every day.

Arby, I gave it a little bounce test and I see what you mean, she be FIRM, but not much different than PHG equipped M's I've sampled. But man alive those wheels and tires do make it look like quite the beast.

For those with doubts about the gray cladding, I can honestly say that in person it makes the car. It wouldn't be nearly as nice if the effects were body colored. Of course with Black or Sapphire Blue it would be less noticable.

I can say that regardless of the different sew pattern the seats are very supportive and confortable, they fit like a glove and provide better bolstering than the stock seats. Although the brochure pictures don't convey it, the carbon fiber trim is polished to a wonderful gloss finish and has a sort of silver gray color to it.
    Congrats!! I told you so. I told you so!!!! The car is something else. Yes, the interior is very classy looking with the dual colors. The Seats are very comfortable too. Wait until you drive the thing. woo hoo! Even though it's only a 1/2 inch lower than the other 300M's she feels low to the ground. Maybe because of the very wide tires. I don't know.

I told you Dr. Otto delivers the Specials like he's delivering a baby.
    OK, I took some pictures tonight and quickly posted them on the Yahoo Club site. I'll take a bunch more tomorrow and post them there until I put a decent web page together. The ones there right now show the exterior Xenon Lights and some interior photos. Tomorrow we take the pretty sunlight pics...
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    I thought I would pass this along. It is interesting when you
    think of what we mean to the world and what we get in return.

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and
    GM`s contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington. The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee
    contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, SUV`s, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen- Employees and management created a Sept. 11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi- Nothing.

8. BMW- Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat- Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August 2001

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi- Nothing.

14. Nissan- Nothing.

15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the
    Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota- Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and
    August 2001. Condolences posted on the website.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    silverbullet4-

Enjoy your vacation. I'll be in the same area in RI. Going to East Greenwich, RI. When you're in the Warwick area, go to Twin Oaks Restaurant off of Reservoir Ave. You must know about this place! GREAT food! Look for me in the Red Acura!

kosh_2258 & arby500-

Congratulations on your new "babies"! Drive them in good health. Otto does good work!

All-

Wishing all a happy, healthy and peaceful holiday season. Let's hope that 2002 is better than 2001.

fastdriver
    They are in the Photo Section on the Club Yahoo website. What do you all think of my baby???
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    According to snopes.com, some of what you say is true and some is not. For instance, they found that Audi, BMW, Honda, Mitusubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota did indeed contribute to the relief efforts.

Check it out: http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/cars.htm

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
    I had seen them on the Car & Truck News (Chrysler Dodge Jeep Edition). You can find a drawing here (they have also shown up in some car magazines, even in Germany):

"http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b072701.htm"

"http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b062701.htm"